main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #47: The Fate of Dac

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xicer, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    This isssue has so much WIN; that it sucks to have such a short... future.

And they wonder why we rant and complain about it ending.

2. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Glad to see Whaladons and Moappa aren't going extinct! Second the krakana hope, as well as my personal favorite Mon Cal resident aside from the Mon Cal themselves and the Whaladons:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Manta_droid_subfighter

Come on, tell me having an independent colony of Clone-Wars-era droids living like actual sea life isn't awesome. Too bad they relied on the Quarren for refits, refueling, and ammo- hope they didn't just get left behind, or they're doomed, too, despite being immune to the poison themselves... [face_worried]

3. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    It was truly a beautiful issue to look at and wonderfully executed. I got the "describe the plan" montage this time. I missed it in issue #20 as I was still fairly new to the comic medium. It's one of those issues that begs to be reread several times. The timing is so great. I'm still amazed at what J.O can get across in 22 pages.

Please! Perfect place to insert pat sitcom overreaction:

Nihl: Darth Krayt is missing!
    Wyyrlok: Yes, well I don't see how-Whaaaaaaaa?!?"

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Was in Orbital Comics tonight and saw no copies on the shelves, now does that mean:

Sold out OR no copies made it to the UK?

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    My comic store didn't get this delivered this week either. [face_plain]

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    :_|:_|:_|:_|

ARRRRHG!!

:_|:_|:_|:_|

Damn that volcano!

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I spoiled myself anyway, so I'm moderately okay. :p

I'm going to try extremely hard not to do the same for the next three issues. [face_laugh]

8. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    I thoroughly enjoyed this issue,from front to back...
    but the thing that sold me on this issue was..

the look on Wyyrlok III's face...PURE OWNAGE/priceless!!!

Shadojoker

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, John and Jan outdid themselves. The amount of stuff that was covered in those 22 pages was epic. They both get kudos for presenting it in a way that was clear and easy to follow. Each panel was richly detailed, which helped keep the flow moving.

When I have time later, I want to post a list of all the different classes of starship that were featured in this issue. Off the top of my head, at least 15 or more! :D

It was a Fleet Junkies dream. [face_love]

--Adm. Nick

10. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    :oops: I too often neglect mentioning Jan when I'm thinking about the actual writing. Which probably shows how new I am to comics. And that I'm clearly not an artist.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm all about theme and presentation ;)

12. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    No. It's pretty safe to assume they pull out upon releasing the viral spores. The issue mentions how the Imperial base there is almost abandoned when the Mon Cal Rangers move to capture it with Danny.

Great Issue!

I enjoyed General Jaeger and Stazi, as well as Isen at the start. Azard came off as a little weak, but then thats kinda how I've viewed him for a long while. Isen's clearly the brains behind that duo.[face_skull]

The only critcism I have would be that Nat is kinda shoe horned in just to make an appearance. It wouldn't surprise me if its his last one just based on the time thats left.

Also since this runs along side #43-#46 we're rapidly running out of time for the Yage's to turn on their Masters. I'd certainly rather have Yage do it than Veed, but it might go the other way.

And I think Wyyrlok has played his last card [face_laugh]

13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Well, recall that in Legacy #25-26 that Nat Skywalker argued that the Jedi Council needed to do something to help the Mon Calamari. Not only that, but Nat was visably distrubed by the genocide when it was announced on the Holonet. He was friends with Ure'monbarak, a Mon Cal shipwright. It is for these reasons that I felt it was very appropriate for Nat to be among the people risking their lives to save as many people as possible.

--Adm. Nick

14. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Finally got to read it this afternoon. :D Very sad, but very made of win. I'm headed to work in a few minutes, but I just gotta say that this was, by far, my favorite "fleet junkie" issue. :cool: (It's not disrespectful to call it that, is it? I hope not. I just think of the FJ guys here when there's lots of ships. ;))

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Yup, nice for him to get that one panel out of the deal.:p Shoe horned wasn't a good choice of words on my part, I just thought he could have been a bit more prominate.

16. Krados

Krados Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Well finally got the issue and, as has been said, simply flawless and a real insult to Legacy's end. So much art in so few pages.

Calling it now, Stryfe and his devotion to the master more than the ideal will lead to him doing away with the "voice".

17. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    This issue had me on the edge of my seat. So much happened with such gravity. Definitely reminds me how sad it is that Legacy is almost done. Why couldn't this kind of plot movement be spread out over more issues!? :_| I want more!!

18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, that was my reaction as well.

Still, what was really awesome I think was thatAll those private ships came out to help save the peopel of Dac. I mean, so often the opoulation of the galaxy get in the way more than anything, and the jed or the military has to save them. But here they stp up, risk their lives and do some good. Reminds you of the kind of heroism Star Wars was built on.
    We need more of that in Star Wars.

19. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Yeah... it sounds very much like Dunkirk. Star Wars should have more of that. :)

20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Wyyrlok has nothing to fear from Stryfe. His daughter owned him.
    But against a redeemed, spirit-Hett who is possessing Cade?

Not a chance.
    [face_chicken]

21. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Can I say that I find the timing of this issue hugely ironic, given the impending "natural" catastrophe about to happen in the Guld of Mexico? Not saying this in a "funny" way, just that the coincidence is impressive.

22. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Great issue. Stazi continues to be a horrible person.

Love the Moappa and Whaladon references. I wonder if anyone was able to carry some Knowledge Bank off with them.

23. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Isn't this the first ever non-Cade issue of Legacy penciled by Jan?

24. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I was thinking about that as well. Given it's significance to the Mon Calamari people, I have a hunch that the Knowledge Bank was taken by some Mon Calamari elders.

--Adm. Nick

25. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Let's actually get some hard numbers for how morally loathsome Gar Stazi is.

Going from the Atlas numbers, Dac had 27 billion inhabitants, split: 60% Quarren, 39% Mon Calamari, and 1% of the rest (I wonder how Moappa are counted). So that's 16.2 billion Quarren, 10.5 billion Mon Cals, and 270 million others. 20% of the planet's population was evacuated, making 5.4 billion saved. Due to Stazi's orders, Quarren were only allowed on one of every ten ships; that's 540 million Quarren, a little less than 5 billion Mon Cals, and a smattering of the rest. So, in the end result, a little more than half of the Mon Calamari were killed, while 97 percent of Quarren were murdered.

There's a special place in hell for this man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.