main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #5: Broken, part 4 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    I think, in terms of looking like total BAMFs, the new Sith Order should be placed under Nihil's charge with Maleval as second-in-command.

Naaah. Then it'd just look kind of emo.

2. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Carida got crisped itself.

In-universe a possible answer is, that the original OT-stormie-armor is the best compromise between performance and costs. It would of course be nice to see the armor with a different paint-job (as the clone-armor from ROTS) in a different enviroment.

Joker Squad?

"Sir, we have Black Squad, Very Black Squad, Dark Squad, Onyx Squad accounted for, only Pink and Joker Squad ar still missing."

3. TogashiAikune

TogashiAikune Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2004
    According to Legacy #0 while the armor looks the same it's been upgraded to absorb and diffuse hits from blasters and has hightened senors within the helmet.

4. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000

According to the OT:VD the original ST-armor already had heatsinks. It would be interesting to know how much better the absorbtion-ability is and how much the sensors have been improved.

5. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

That's . . . not Duurseman art. Why is the colour like that? What happened? Is this a draft preview? :_|

And why is Davey Jones in it?

6. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    I thought the same thing myself, Ex.

Jan, will you shed a little light on this matter?

7. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    If I had to guess, I'd say that's Tomás Giorello art.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Looks about as scary as Jones as well, to be frank.

[face_worried]

9. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    This issue is now scheduled for October 4.

10. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005

Uh, yeah... move along, nothing to see here...

11. _ViE_AcheRoN_

_ViE_AcheRoN_ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2003
    Actually, I think this is the planet Cariida. [face_thinking] 8-}

12. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I thought the art was cool, especially the lighting and clouds in the background. As for Joker squad, it could be the phoenetics used in the military. Ie. Juliet Squad. Doesnt sound cool, but Juliet is just phonetics for J.

13. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001
    Phonetics is the correct answer. A=Able, B= Baker. Over with Sgt. Rock at DC it's Easy (E) Company.

-- John

14. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    How come the helmets look old style in comparison with the legacy 1 helmets?? And the story( or what I've read from the preview) makes me think about an episode from band of brothers were the 'rookies' are dropped above the netherlands and are treated similary like trask. Also the fact that newbies don't survive long makes me remind that very episode. Sometimes I just wonder what kind of movies, tv shows or other existing story's the writers of star wars have in mind when creating new projects. Not that I care or anything cause I think that actually makes star wars better by the year.

15. Randy_Stradley

Randy_Stradley Dark Horse Comics Editor and Author star 2 VIP

Apr 23, 2002
    It's a truism in earthly militaries that FNGs and Lieutenants have the shortest lifespans on the battlefield. New Guys almost always walk "point" (first guy in the squad) and are therefore the first targets the enemy sees. If they survive, and another member of the squad is taken out, eventually the point position is taken over by another FNG.

Lieutenants also tend to suffer heavy casualties because they're usually new to officer-hood (although the Lt. in "Noob" is a seasoned verteran) and are prone to mistakes. If their mistakes don't get them killed, they (hopefully) learn and get better (and then are often promoted out of the very combat positions in which they could do the most good). If they survive but continue to make mistakes that get their men killed, it has been known to happen that members of their own squads will "frag" them.

Just because you saw a particular thing in "Band of Brothers" or some movie doesn't mean that's the only place a situation has ever been referenced. John is quite the military historian (especially in the American Civil War era), and draws upon a wide variety of sources.

16. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Excellent. Lets see a awesome SW version of the siege of Vicksburg.

Maybe stormies trying to take a world supported by a fleet of Pellaeon-class Star Destroyers?

Or- Galactic Alliance troops backed up by those yet-unseen new Alliance battle cruisers trying to liberate a world? :D

Hell, I can dream, can't I?

Seriously though, you bring up a good point Randy. Band of Brothers contains dozens of situations that have been referenced in other places. Nothing is really ever completely new. And, as a wannabe military historian myself, I am happy to see that John will be putting his knowledge to work. :)

--Adm. Nick

17. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    I just want to see Loyalists.

18. Mayor_Adam_West

Mayor_Adam_West Jedi Master star 2

Aug 22, 2006
    Thats what I would like to see. Some new painjobs like the clones had, and maybe even some redesigning of the armor itself. Its 130 years in the future, stormtrooper armor could use some visual upgrades.

19. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Why? Why would improved materials mean different aesthetics?

20. Mayor_Adam_West

Aug 22, 2006
    It wouldn't. I'm just saying, I would like it if they changed the look a bit.

21. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    They did. Look at the drawing in #0-- the armor is subtly but distincly different from that used by the First Empire.

22. Mayor_Adam_West

Aug 22, 2006
    It looks like the eyes are a bit slimmer but thats the only difference I can see. It is cool that they have alien helmets now though.

I';d still like some clone like paint styles on some.

23. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Firstly: with regard to both new teasers... AWESOME! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!! :cool: [face_dancing] :D

And if it's not two fannish... in the old days, these guys, as Joker Squad of Company 'C', would have been unit Cresh-Ten? o_O [face_thinking]

- The Imperial Ewok

24. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Hmm, it definitely seems interesting, though I have to admit I'm not a fan of the usage of "noob."

25. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    In any case the Stormtroopers from the Legacy-era seem to be very different from Stormtroopers of Palpatine's Empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.