main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #7: Broken, part 6 (of 6) - Glowing Luke on the cover!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    I'm spanish, and I can say I was very dissapointed with the dubbed version... I found Palp's voice actor really laughable...

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Anyone with an affected voice generally comes off pretty laughable - Yoda, the Nemoidians, Jar Jar, Watto - but what bugs me the most is that there was really no effort on the part of the translators to preserve quirky verbal affectations or dialects, namely Yoda and Jar Jar's manners of speaking.

"Tu fueras el Elegido!" had to be my favorite translation. I was wondering how they would translate "Chosen One."

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It sounds more like a Calvinist sermon than a Jedi term. :p

4. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Fixed.

5. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    General Grievious also had an affected accent.

Now, I might have watched too many cheap arse, stereotyped commercials for pizza parlors, but I kept on expecting Grievious to offer Obi Wan a choice between pepperoni or anchovies.

6. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Final cover:

[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/14/14070.jpg]

7. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    Muy bueno. Didn't know how to throw up accents, d'oh! [face_peace]

8. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Re: the cover

It's more beautiful than I could have possible imagined....

Re: Accents

1. Make sure you have Num Lock on.
    2. Hold down Alt
    3. Press a certain combination of Number Pad Keys. The 160's are for Spanish characters (although I think the accented e shows up somewhere earlier than the 160s) Alt+168 is "¿", and Alt+173 is "¡".

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    If you're on a laptop, you might have to hold down the function key to get at the numpad.

I tend to use the keystrokes starting with zero, but the ASCII addresses are mathematically equivalent. é = 0233, ¡ = 0161, ¿ = 0191, and that sort of thing. To find the other letters, just go in the vicinity of the é. For instance è = 0232 and ê = 0234, so you can work up and down. ñ = 0241, which means most of the vowels would be before it.

As for the cover, the tagline is interesting. The Skywalkers have... odd "destinies."

10. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    It's on Diamond's list for Wednesday :D

11. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    [voice_animal]WEDNESDAY! WEDNESDAY![/voice_animal]

12. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Yay! I should have waited to pikc up KotOR 11 till then, I suppose, since I already waited till today. Looking forward to this one immensely, and I've completely avoided spoilers for it.

Anyone else find it a little ridiculous how long this thread is given the comic isn't even out yet? o_O

:p

- Keralys

13. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    :p
    No I find it a refreshing change. The only thing that could let it down is how the comic ends. We all know how well hyped anything to do with Star Wars is, so its precautionary even in a time when I believe that Legacy can and already has lived up to the hype thats been created around it, to just keep the old feet on the ground.

Mind you the preview was awesome enough, I'm very interested in how it all works out. But I don't suppose I'm the only one open to the any type of scenario floating out there. It's like when the first 3 movies were made, we're just waiting to see what happens next and with no real insight into what does happen, the result will still come favourably when the whole is seen. Despite any reservations.

Roll on wednesday. [face_praying]

14. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2006
    I live for Legacy Wednesdays.=)

15. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    [:D]

=D=

I ordered direct from Darkhorse this time, so hopefully I'll get my issue sooner. [face_praying]

~Piper :)

16. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
    I wonder if by "a Skywalker" they mean Luke or Cade.

Of course, seeing how it's Luke on the cover...

17. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    It's Wednesday and no spoilers? :(

18. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Yeah I wonder what happens, and if someone dies in the #7 ! :)

19. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    Well its still early in the day for some you US'ers ;) I'm sure those who get it first and read it will be giving us the lowdown soon

20. StarNeptune

StarNeptune Jedi Master star 1

Sep 18, 2004
    Not going into TOO much detail, but here are a few things:
    • Marasiah is on the brink of death, and Cade later revives her using the Glowy Blue Lightning of Healing.

• After arriving on Bastion, Cade later sneaks out on Blue and Syn, saying that he can't trust Syn anymore. He also tells Wolf and Shado not to get their hopes up on having him rejoin the order.

• Luke is not in the issue. Just on the cover.

• ]Krayt is still seeking Cade, and only spared Talon's life because she discovered that Cade was still alive. He then sends her on a quest to bring Cade to him alive.

21. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    That seems... stupid.

22. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Cry or laugh?:confused:

Interesting to hear, how they explain this...[face_plain]

23. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    o_O

So what exactly? These covers were only showing you the characters in the series, nothing else is to be assumed from it. Geez.

Anyway I'll wait for something more detailed but that sounds interesting.

24. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Well, it is more than a bit misleading what they did with this.[face_plain]

25. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    For those who may be confused about how the covers work for the first arc of Legacy.

Initially the concept was to have them be like promo pics--the kind of posed studio shots of Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie first seen when ANH was first out. That's why they are posed like they are. Unlike traditional comic book covers, they are not meant to show who is in the issue. Sorry for the confusion. Who knows, maybe someday they could be made into a poster?

The next bunch of covers are more traditional story covers so if you see a character or planet, chances are right on that you will also see that in the story.

The Luke cover was not on the issue in which he appeared--why spoil the surprise inside? But it does make a nice wrap up to the set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.