main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #7: Broken, part 6 (of 6) - Glowing Luke on the cover!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    EDIT: There you go, thanks Jan for clearing that up.

And sorry you even had to do that.

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    The covers are nice but it's the story inside the comic that I live for!

3. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001
    The covers were done long after the story was plotted and neither Jan nor I had a say on them. Not a whine; just a fact. Other characters have appeared on covers in this series and weren't necessarily in that issue. All, however, were tied to the plot.

-- John

4. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    Its funny John but haven't Jan and yourself already explained this to us? Maybe I'm suffering memory loss but I'm sure you did.

Anyway I have to wait probably 2 weeks for this issue, since TFAW are terrible with getting them out [face_plain] However it does sound like its worth the wait.

5. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Oh, they have. About fifteen times. People have really bad memory loss around here. :p I'll hopefully be able to pick this up this afternoon. If not, it'll be Friday before I can, which would make me really sad. :(

- Keralys

6. Randy_Stradley

Randy_Stradley Dark Horse Comics Editor and Author star 2 VIP

Apr 23, 2002
    By Friday the whole issue will already be spoiled for you, Keralys. You may as well just wait for issue #8.

Re: the covers, I've given up explaining them. Of course, I've pretty much given up explaining anything...

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Ok, how many times did you have to comment on the fact that we should have already known/remembered what the covers were about? Do you get paid every time or something? :p

I suppose I should have seen "grey background" and had it instantly click, but since Luke was on his own and not in a group of three I... dunno, I just forgot. *Shrug*

8. Master_Keralys

Oct 8, 2003
    Randy - Yeah, or they would be if I wasn't going to be completely absent from the boards all day tomorrow and most of the day today. Driving across Kansas ought to make sure I've absolutely no idea what goes on in this issue. Then again, the plan is still to go get it this afternoon, rather than wait, so it'll probably be all good anyway. :p

Ulicus - that's just plain funny. [face_laugh]

- Keralys

9. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    [face_laugh] funny that Ulicus

10. Lightsnake

Lightsnake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    So, any bodycount this issue?

11. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    SPOILERS

Antares: "[The Massacre at Ossus] was done against Roan Fel's express orders! And the Princess had no part in it!"

Nihl vs Cade - while everyone else runs to the ship :p With a little assist from Jariah ("I may hate Jedi, but Sith are worse!")

Talon vs Shado - until Cade says, "Ship's taking off. Finish her or marry her!"

Everybody gets away on the Mynock, Imps and all.

Antares: "The Princess has no time! We'll help the Jedi. We'll do everything we can to keep her alive. You get every bit of speed this junk heap has, or I swear I will kill you myself."
    Jariah to Blue: "Man's a motivator, ain't he?" [face_laugh]

Sia is dying. She admonishes the Jedi and Imps to join together against the Sith.

Cade: "I can help her."
    Antares: "You're the reason she's hurt - she's dying. I don't care if you are a Skywalker..." *lands haymaker to the face* "...you keep your filthy hands off her."

Cade draws blaster on Antares. Imp Knights draw blades on Cade. Shado draws blade on Imps. Everybody is happy.

Astraal convinces Antares to let Cade try. What is there to lose?

Cade the Human Defibrilator heals Sia.

Cade, sitting in the floor in Anakin Skywalker's Tatooine Confessional pose, head bowed, with a red-yellow Sith eye shrouded by his hair: "Go away, Wolf. Go away. Don't ever speak to me about this again. Ever." :eek:

Cade leaves Bastion in the dead of night. He offers Shado and Wolf a ride; they accept. He leaves Jariah and Deliah behind... [face_worried]

Darth Krayt to Talon: "I often wonder if I shouldn't have ended the Skywalker lineage when I had the chance. Perhaps it was fated that I was not." [face_thinking]

Krayt wants Cade - alive. [face_devil]

12. Lightsnake

Feb 10, 2005
    How's it end with Nihlly, then?

13. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    :oops: Forgot that part. After much dueling and snarking, Cade manages to land a kick that send Nihl flying long enough to get away.

14. Lightsnake

Feb 10, 2005
    All that buildup and that's all?

Wow, anticlimactic.

15. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Avoiding spoilers until I can pick up the issue this weekend (the comic shop is literally a block away, but I'm sequestered writing papers until Friday at 5), but I have to say that I love the spoiler post with all the emoticons. Real tease.

16. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Darth Krayt to Talon: "I often wonder if I shouldn't have ended the Skywalker lineage when I had the chance. Perhaps it was fated that I was not."

Interesting...

EDIT: Have fun with that drive, Keralys.

17. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    What you want the dessert before the main course? tut tut.

I do like Antares exchange with Cade. Sounds good. So Krayt might possibly of had the chance to end the Skywalker line? Interesting [face_thinking]

And damn we've got till Legayc #11 to find out what happen :( ;) :D :cool:

18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm sorry but 6 issues should at least be more than an appetizer!

Thumbs down!

And false advertising on the cover!

19. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    Oh dear [face_laugh]

So quick to judge. There is time yet to see some of what people seek, but no deaths were promised , nothing was promised even in the previews. Just your own inflated expectations. Did you not learn anything from the terrible fan reactions to the prequels? No perhaps not.

We still have the baby not getting its bottle syndrome going on around here, and I'm a little disappointed that some of you cannot accept that the artists behind this project have their reasons for why #7 ended as it has. My faith in them is that they'll deliver on it, maybe you don't but I'm not quick to jump ship because I don't get what I want.

20. Master_Keralys

Oct 8, 2003
    Heh. Thanks. I appreciate the sentiment. Shouldn't be too bad; I've got some good music to listen to, and I downloaded an interesting set of talks on Christianity and Islam that should keep me well awake. :D

And wow has this discussion flared up or what! Headed up to the comic shop in an hour or so; hopefully it'll be in and on the shelf by then.

Charles... chill, dude. Seriously. :p

- Keralys

21. Lightsnake

Feb 10, 2005
    Six issues beforehand, and over a month long delay should at least throw you a bone of some sort.

22. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Yes, I expected it to be GOOD.

Yes, they're reasons are that they overinflate how much we give a crazzap about these Sith.

KILL THEM AND MAKE SOME MORE.

23. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    I can't decide if Iowa or Kansas is more dull to drive across. I guess it comes down to if you prefer corn or wheat.

On topic, I'll refrain from commenting further until I read the issue, but I'm mildly bummed to hear Sia got the defrib treatment.

24. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    But wasn't that an obvious eventuality? I saw it coming. LOL and even posts in this thread and other saw it coming.

25. Lightsnake

Feb 10, 2005
    Just for the record: After an issue is delayed over a month, people have their patience exhausted on nit somewhat. Were deaths promised? No. Were some people hoping for them? Especially for the least interesting Sith ever like Darth Coffee-stain and Darth Sex-Appeal?

That we waited a month for a total anticlimax is a bit frustrating

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.