main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #7: Broken, part 6 (of 6) - Glowing Luke on the cover!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Regarding the cover, Luke seems appropriate as a symbol. Remember what he told Cade, and according to the spoilers posted here Cade's destiny did seem to find him. He did have to wield a saber and did have to heal someone. His destiny found him even though he tried to avoid it, as Luke warned. So if you look at it as Cade starting to fulfill the destiny he tried to avoid, it works. So in that way, Luke seems appropriate on the cover. So I wouldn't call it false advertising exactly.

Can't wait to pick up the issue. Unfortunately that means waiting until Borders sticks it on the rack. So sometime next week :(

2. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Aw noes. That's gonna cause a whole lotta debating I thought we'd seen the back of... :rolleyes:

But bleh. The issue sounds awesome. Gotta get this one.

3. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    Antares has more to grind an axe with Cade about than just Sia's sacrifice and near death!

Apparently, while Imperial credits were sufficient reward for Syn and Blue, Cade got a more personal honor. Page 23. [face_whistling]

4. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Oh deary, sounds like more fuel to the fire for the whole Antares/Sia/Cade triangle.

Good good.

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Loved it- absolutely loved it.

First off, Shado is my new favorite Jedi. "Now that's a interesting theory" line was great. Kinda like "Oh, you Imperial Knights think you are so great. Let me show you what a real Jedi can do!" :D His other line about the last ship he saw Cade flying exploding was a true classic as well.

I developed a bit more sympathy for Cade as well. He actually revealed a slightly deeper level of his personal feelings, as well as his tormentions.

Cool shot of Fel's loyalist forces over Bastion. Four of the brutish Pellaeon-class Star Destroyers was a nice visual treat for us readers. :)

Now I eagerly await issues 8-10. As a longtime fan of Star Wars democracies, I cannot wait to see the Galactic Alliance. Issue #8 promises to show parts of the Sith-Imperial War while #9-10 will give us a look at the current state of the Galactic Alliance!

Good times ahead. All you folks at Dark Horse keep up the fanastic work! :D

--Adm. Nick

6. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    The scene is a good bit more ambiguous than that. It does look like somebody spent the night with Sia (wine, strewn clothes, impression in the pillow, bare shoulders), but who knows if it was Cade...

I find it telling that Cade begins the scene fully dressed. Not, perhaps, pulling on his boots or some other signal that he's been there all along...

Given the Sith-eyed look on the previous page, perhaps Cade is simply contemplating the consequences of his choice to save her, and has decided not to wake her to say goodbye...

And I do find it a little odd that Sia's bedroom apparently has no guards posted outside. [face_thinking]

7. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    What I find interesting is that Wolf is not even willing to entertain the idea that many of us here on the board have been positing all along: that Fel was not responsible for the attack on Ossus. According to many of the lines in the issue, it seems that relations between the Empire and the Jedi was fairly amicable before the Sith-Imperial War, and the Jedi have been evading Sith led Imperials for years, now. Why not stick around and find out what Fel has to say? Certainly, a Jedi - gray or not - ordering a purge seems a bit wrong, especially when the Sith are in the picture, and are currently the enemies of that very gray Jedi and his followers, having assumed his throne after trying to kill him on Coruscant. The fact that there were probably no Imperial Knights involved in the massacre lends credence to that, no?

The Krayt line about the Skywalker family had me salivating, as I'm sure it did most others.

edit: Is it wrong of me that, as soon as I read that line about how the massacre at Ossus was done against Fel's orders, I thought "SUCK ON THAT, CHARLES!"?

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ...I just realized something. I was eating lunch across the street from my local bookstore and it didn't even occur to me to go in and check and see if they had the issue.

D'oh! :oops:

9. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I think it implies that Wolf can see through Fel's nerfshavit. Either that or Jan and Jon were throwing me a bone

:)

10. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] You two! [face_shame_on_you]

At least we won't have to wait long for the "real" backstory in #8. [face_dancing]

11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    It could imply that, Charles. It could also mean the Fel had nothing to do with the attack on Ossus. It's not like betrayal and backstabbing are out of character for the Sith. Hell, they return from Ossus to kill the Emperor. It also wouldn't be the first time the Jedi were wrong about the people involved in a war they were fighting. Combine that with the fact that Krayt's reflections on the matter, recorded in his holocron, refer only to how the destruction of the Jedi Order will aid in his vision of the future, not that his forces were sent there by anyone, and that we saw a ton of stormtroopers and Sith and not a single IK...and I think for now I'm going to continue to give Emperor Fel the benefit of the doubt/evidence.

12. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    :_| My comic book store just told me that it wasn't released yet...this is unfair!

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, they got shorted on copies and don't want to admit it?

That does happen but why say it ain't out? Odd.

JB

14. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    This lady is normally straight forward with me. She said the KOTOR one was released, but not Legacy.

15. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Then something went screwy with their shipment. It got released today, that's for sure.

Matt - no, nothing wrong with that. I had the exact same reaction. :p "Take that, Charles!" I'm still at home for Christmas, until that interminable drive tomorrow, so my mom gave me something of a funny look. :p In all seriousness, I do feel a certain amount of vindication, and Charles' stubbornness is slightly annoying, but mostly amusing. YOU'RE WRONG. ADMIT IT AND MOVE ON. :p

Overall, I thought it was a fantastic issue and a generally satisfying conclusion to the series. I'm very much looking forward to the next meta-arc Jan is busily working on, but I think I'm looking forward almost as much to these issues in between filling us in on the details of what exactly happened during the war. Should be good stuff. If there's one thing I do wish had happened in this issue, it's that I wanted to see at least one of the Sith die. The fact that not one got more than a boot in the face was annoying. Other than that, great stuff, especially Shado's lines throughout. And Cade had a few good ones, too. Also, lots of thought-provokers - like Wolf's line that Cade took Sia's death into himself. [face_thinking]

Great work, John and Jan. Keep it up!

Side note: Trip - yeah, I've not driven across Iowa myself, but my family did a few years back, and it definitely competes with Kansas. The only thing worse is Nebraska. If I'm lucky and the roads are clear, I'll probably actually end up driving south on I-25, then cutting east from Raton on 87 till I hit I-40 at Amarillo and go east from there. That's my preference anyway, because it's shorter and more interesting.

- Keralys

16. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Hey Lex, all--

Just so you all know--there was a color mistake on page 19--lady in the bed should be Blue--not Sia. Cade is sneaking out on Deliah.

17. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Really? *gets extremely confused* It looks more like Sia, just in the shape of the face, etc. That makes a lot more sense story-wise and whatnot, but nevertheless that's... interesting. I'll take your word for it, I suppose. :p

- Keralys

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    No, that's totally reasonable. :D

19. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I was hoping that cade was engaging in a royal shag fest!

This was a good issue, i really do like shado.

I wonder when Krayt had the opportunity to end the skywalker line?

While Fel may not of sanctioned the attack on Ossus, he still got in bed with the sith.

20. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Holy crap! Alarm bells!

Vrook:When you returned to us, we saw what had happened. You carry all those deaths at Malachor within you, and it has left a hole, a hunger that cannot be filled.

Kavar: He's right. It's... all the death you've caused to get here. You feed on it, and you grow stronger. You're like Malachor... it's in you, it's what you are now.

I know it's not *exactly* the same thing, but the choice of words seems... too similar...

21. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Somehow, since according to #0, the Jedi knew as soon as the Sith showed up that they were responsible for pretty much every bad thing that had happened leading up to those events, I doubt that Wolf really thinks Fel said, "Hey, let's go kill some Jedi." I think his problem is more with the fact that Fel (or more accurately "Fel's Empire) knowingly allied with the Sith.

22. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    I much prefer that explanation, actually. :D

You're not just pulling my leg, right? [face_worried] [face_worried]

23. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    Works for me... Do things like this get corrected for the trade paperbacks?

24. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    Ok, that makes so much more sense. It would be a huge storytelling mistake if we just randomly found Cade and Sia sleeping together without any build-up. Hope this gets fixed in the TPB.

25. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    This kind of thing, almost certainly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.