main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #7: Broken, part 6 (of 6) - Glowing Luke on the cover!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    And one more. And I don't know who at LFL even decided that Orn Free Taa was supposed to be Twi'ilek, because he doesn't really look like one.

2. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Anything for Jan ;)

3. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    We did it! Yub Yub!

4. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Umo ji muna, guys! [face_dancing]

5. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    I've just read this new issue, and I've loved it, though I had also hoped to see Luke again lol

As for Krayt: if he was actually born during the Vong war, and it wasn't methaphorically, I think he could be one of Ben's future pals in the Jedi academy at Ossus, and Ben could be the Skywalker he could have killed when he had the choice. But then, why is it Luke instead of Ben the one to appear in front of Cade?

Such a long way 'til April... :(

6. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Because father is a bigger figure in SW than the son? Because they wanted to put the father on the cover of a comic instead of a son of whom we have a canon appearance only as a baby when it comes to how he looks...:confused:

7. xoubara

Mar 4, 2003
    I know that XD There is supposed to be a reason for it being Luke, or so I have read, and I was talking about this meaning... Now, it's been me the one to asume that purpose has something to do with Krayt :p

8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    1) Luke is a bigger historical figure.
    2) Cade has a problem with authority, so daddy might not be the best guy to talk to him.
    3) Cade saw his dad's body on Ossus, which means Kol didn't Force Ghost the same way. Then again, it seems Kol at least got as far as Qui-Gon...

9. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Now, it's been me the one to asume that purpose has something to do with Krayt

It would seemingly be possible only if Krayt is Jacen or Ben or if one of those crazy theories of his being an illegimate son of Luke were true. Otherwise, if Krayt is Hett or a Hett descendant there is little reason for it to be Luke. Anakin Skywalker would be the more logical case if Krayt would be Hett - he could be considered partly responsible for Hett going dark, Luke could be responsible for Krayt only if Krayt were someone close to him, relative or pupil. So that they would like to make right what would be partly their fault. But if Krayt is Joe Nobody without common past with Luke then Luke appearing as a Force Ghost can only be relevant to what path Cade will choose and the survival of the Jedi Order and Krayt would have importance to him only in relation to those.

10. xoubara

Mar 4, 2003
    Hett as Krayt? I hadn't thought of that. But yeah, then it would be more plausible if it was Anakin...
    Anyway, my bets are on a Joe Nobody [face_mischief]

11. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    So it is Huttese? Syn too? Or is his second language Mando'a?

12. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm not if this has been asked before, but does Darth Krayt have a artifical left eye?

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
  14. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Seems to kind of clash with his Vong armor if you ask me.

15. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2006
    That's why I still say that Krayt is Daye Azur-Jamin.

16. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I still say Krayt is Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Skilled in the Force? Check.
    Lived a significant portion of his life on Tattooine? Check.
    Makes krayt dragon noises? Check.

Maybe Krayt is a Skywalker, and when he says "I should have ended it when I had the chance" he means: "I totally should have been celibate" ;)

17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If that's the case it's simple...He failed to master Force Contraception...obviously.

18. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Force Contraception?

Ah yes, the Dark Side can be a path to abilities that Fundamentalists would consider unnatural.

19. Vongoid

Vongoid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2002
    Darth Krayt could be a Yuuzhan Vong clone experiment with Obi-Wan Kenobi's genetic samples.

Genetic samples of Obi-Wan Kenobi were taken (out of Universe last year) during Outbound Flight. Assume the Emperor stored them on Korriban. Later, the Yuuzhan Vong go to Korriban, discover the genetic samples and play with them => Darth Krayt.

Another hint: Wasn't it confirmed that Zahn initially wanted to use a clone of Obi-Wan Kenobi instead of C'Boath (sp?) in the TTT?

Since the movies are done now, Dark Horse could have gotten a go on this one.

20. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Maybe there was just a hole in the Force. Anakin Skywalker appears to have had the same problem.

21. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2006
    Ok now this is just crazy. There's no possible way that Obi-Wan is coming back. Ever.

22. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    But he disappeared! There was no body, and thus no proof that he died! How do we know that was really a ghost appearing to Luke and not a Force illusion or a projection of some sort? Just because they said Obi-Wan's dead and we got a Force "ghost" of him doesn't mean he's actually dead. It was never explicitly stated, or proven.

My theory is that the person we saw die on the Death Star was a Yuuzhan Vong clone from Myrkr.

Wait...I'm getting confused...

23. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001
    I'd be interested if anyone were to sit down to read all six parts of BROKEN at once, now that we have the entire arc out, and give your impression of the arc AS A WHOLE.

-- John

24. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Hurry up with the TPB release then. LOL :D

I can't wait to get it.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I have this nagging feeling that, read back-to-back, the Broken story arc will be lacking that sense of suspense that can only be generated by weeks and weeks of delays... ;)

Seriously, though, I might give it the arc a reread soon, if I do, I'll be sure to post my impressions ::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.