main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #7: Broken, part 6 (of 6) - Glowing Luke on the cover!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandalorian_Crusader

Mandalorian_Crusader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2005
    What Jaina's done with Zekk was always pretty immaterial.

2. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

Out of curiosity, has a Sith Lord ever changed his Sith name? Let's say Jacen becomes Darth Fool. Darth Fool thinks he's mighty powerful and ends up trying to kill Luke Skywalker. Darth Fool finds himself on the verge of Death. Some of Lumiya's pet healers take him to Korriban and slap some vong armor on him that helps to heal his broken body and keeps it safe in the future. Darth Fool becomes more powerful but the memories of his past defeats haunt him. He uncovers some ancient wisdom of the Sith and has a revalation that both his former and current "Master" are morons. He slays Lumiya and deems that the Darth Fool that listened to her crap and lost to Luke Skywalker no longer exists. Now he is Darth Krayt.

Trust me, I am not saying this would be a really cool storyline....I'm just wondering if this sort of thing has happened anywhere.....taking a new Darth name after slaying the Master......If so, Del Ray and Dark Horse could jockey around the name thing for awhile...

Carnage

3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Fixed.

4. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Darth Solus, I say, Darth Solus! [face_mischief]

5. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    I just clicked on that link. Uhm, can you introduce me?

[face_love][face_love][face_love]

6. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    I've got a question:

It seems that the comic shows that Sia had slept with someone since there was two glasses on the table, strewn clothing and a head print in the pillow. Now my guess would say Antares, since she loves him, but all we see is Cade walking away. What is everyones' take on that?

Also, more as a joke, is Antares descended from Kyp or Zekk? You know, that whole dark hair hot headed thing he has going on.

Oh, and my last comment: Antares is human and in love, he isn't turning to the darkside.

7. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    This was addressed earlier in the thread: the color artist made a boo boo. That's not supposed to be Sia, it's supposed to be Deliah Blue, and she's just slept with Cade, which is why he's in her room.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yup.

Incidentally, what was everyone's first thought upon seeing that? You know, before you knew that it was an error?

Mine was that Cade was in her room staring at her sleep. Possibly as a peeping tom, but more likely I thought he was just meditating on what he had done--you know that whole taking in death thing. I thought he was being disgusting, but the idea that they had slept together simply did not occur to me. I think it's some kind of mental block. :)

9. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Given the "more likely" explanation, why's that disgusting? Possibly misconstrued if she were to wake up and see him there, but...

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Regardless of one's reasons, it's in poor taste to stare at someone while they're asleep. Especially if they're clearly not wearing any clothes. He would have been crass to do so.

11. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Thanks for the clarification on who was in the bed. I didn't know it was discussed because I was not reading this thread to avoid spoiling. Yes, I really like this series, and I think it is really well drawn and written.....BUT: I love the story that the color artist screwed up! Am I suppose to believe this? These comics take months to come out, nobody did any editing.?! I know I am harsh, but know what, these people get paid to do this right! How wacky! Just as wacky as Zekk being written as younger than Jaina.

I know mistakes get made, and I am not holding a grudge, but really! [ok, maybe I am still having issues based on the Sacrifice cover with Mara looking 25... maybe I am still touchy!]

sorry if I offended anyone!

ps...I just looked at the comic, and colors aside, that's Sia in the bed!

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Look at the chin. It has a dimple in it that repeatedly shows up with Deliah Blue, but never with Sia. That's the giveaway that it's a color mistake.

Someone should repost that photoshopped image "fixing" the image. The error is very believeable when you see what it would have looked like.

13. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    He's kinda got a point. This was delayed, how long, and the Quality Control department at DH didn't pick up on it and ask "WTK?"

If you're referring to her white streak, the story goes that that was added by the colorist who thought it was 'Sia

GAJ, my first impression was "Gee, that was quick!"

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    She, I think.

*checks*

Yup. You mean she's got a point. I am a natural at these things. :p

15. DarthNihl

DarthNihl Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2006
    Is there also another mistake in this issue? I don't know if it's been discussed but when Cade is about to heal Sia, Wolf Sazen is to the right of him and says something. It's just a floating head of Wolf Sazen though, I fail to see a body.

16. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    No, his body's just bathed in shadow. It's dark in there.

17. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    That is the absolute true story. You can choose to believe it or not. Despite all our checks--and we do a LOT of them--a mistake was made. A very honest mistake--the girls do look a bit alike--and Deliah's hair is a tad less curly there than usual I suppose. And this issue was late--down to the wire in fact--maybe past the wire...my fault on that. Heh--I've seen worse--there was this one time I drew a cover and forgot the bottom half of a background figure. No one noticed until after it was printed... It happens all the time in many media--not just comics.

It was important to the overall character arc that it is Deliah there and not Sia. Also important because Sia was gravely injured and would be in a Med Bay at the very least--probably in bacta for the injuries she sustained. And don't you think if it were Sia that Antares would be standing watch or have one of his own Knights standing watch at her door--especially with pirates in the house?

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Also important because Sia was gravely injured and would be in a Med Bay at the very least--probably in bacta for the injuries she sustained.

Even after Cade's healing?

19. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    OK.

[image=http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6656/deliahrecolornm6.jpg]

Good catch on the chin.

My impression was that he was checking that she was all right before he left. I didn't notice the indentation or wine at first. Then I understood what I had read in passing in one of these threads and it all made sense.

20. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    She'd still need recovery time.

21. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Thanks Jan! I'll forgive you, after all, you are responsible for dragging me into this whole EU mess ;) by drawing Quinlan Vos who I fell in love with which led me to more and more SW!!! :D The girls do look a lot alike and it would have made no sense for it to be Cade and Sia, which is why I posted my question to begin with.

[and honestly, I really am still trying to deal with the whole Mara Jade cover! I have a tendancy to perseverate!]

and, yeh, I'm a girl...

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I can't claim credit for the chin thing--someone else in the thread discovered it. That's what convinced me (since the photoshopped pic wasn't available yet) that it really was an error. Before then I was sort of doubtful, even though there's no reason Jan'd lie to us. That would be silly. :p

23. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Exactly. Lies aren't exactly the same thing as misdirection, half truths, and red herrings. :p

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah. That is fine because it keeps the story exciting (like when Mr. Ostrander kept saying "y'know, Sia might just be dead...") but saying that a panel didn't really happen would serve no such point. :p

25. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Ah, glad for the clarification. I was also confused. Like GAJ, I never had the idea they'd slept together -- I suppose I assumed it would've been made a bigger plot point if so. I also figured he was staring creepily at her in her sleep, and also found it strange that no one was standing guard outside her room. It did weird me out a little, to tell the truth.

-Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.