main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #7: Broken, part 6 (of 6) - Glowing Luke on the cover!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Yeah, like a month past it. :p

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Recovery is different from bacta immersion. Recovery from trauma could be done outside a medical center.

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Presumably Cade's healing is not only imperfect, but incomplete. Shado says she's almost healed.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Indeed. That's why I asked for clarification, since I was wondering if that was the case.

5. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    I was thinking that Cade checking in on his healing job would have made sense, so at first glance I thought nothing of it, until I noticed the telling head imprint and wine. My actual first reaction was to think that it was trying to imply that he was in fact with Blue but was imagining it was Marasiah.

I find it a little sad, actually. I truly believe that Blue has honest, heartfelt feelings for Cade. Going against the Zeltron stereotype I think she cares enough about Cade to settle down and actually marry him or something. Cade on the other hand clearly isn't satisfied with her as his long time mate.

With all of the other things going on in the galaxy, I do wonder if Blue and Syn will be lost in the shuffle. In future installments we are going to have to follow....

1. Cade, Wolf, and Shado
    2. Possibly Cade alone and Wolf and Shado without Cade.
    3. Marasiah, whom is likely to play a different role than the rest of the imperials but also has to be involved with her father and Antares.
    4. Roan Fel, Antares, and the IK's quest to retake the galaxy as well as Roan Fel being angry with Antares.
    5. The Moffs (Veed in particular) are going to have to show up again somewhere.
    6. Krayt and Co.

That is a good number of threads to follow without tossing in scum like Syn and Blue. There are a lot of things that can happen between Syn and Blue though...
    1. Blue wakes up to find Cade gone and blames it on Syn. She tries to kill him.
    2. Blue wakes up to find Syn telling her a bunch of nasty things Cade said about her to get her to join him in hunting down Cade for a bounty.
    3. Blue acts angry at Cade to convince Syn to help her find him to turn him in for the bounty when in fact he just wants to find him.
    4. Syn and Blue end up with bounties on their heads by the Sith....with Krayt thinking capturing them could draw out Cade. Syn strikes a deal to turn in blue and receive the bounty AND walk free....

Basically, I just hate to see the two of them get cut out of the story. The biggest knock on recent novels is the lack of the "Underworld" representation. Syn is excellent in the role. Hates everyone. Seems uneducated. Doesn't care if he has to kill his bounty. Blue also works out quite nicely.

Carnage

6. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    With all of the other things going on in the galaxy, I do wonder if Blue and Syn will be lost in the shuffle. In future installments we are going to have to follow....

I don't think they will be. Remember that hideous Hutt and the other underworld figures in #0? They haven't shown up yet (unless I missed them). There are plenty of characters still to see. It's probable that there will be some stories where we won't even see any characters we've seen so far, since Legacy is huge and this is just the beginning. I, of course, don't know what I'd do without Imperials in a story. :p

7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Don't forget any storylines following the Galactic Alliance. Thye are bound to have some characters, plotlines, etc.

And Jan did hint a few months back during a online chat that you never know if Rogue Squadron is still out there, fighting for the GA... :D

--Adm. Nick

8. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Blue and Syn are going to be featured in #11.

9. Carnage04

Mar 8, 2005
    I was thinking of Jool the Hutt (Or whatever her name is) when I wrote this. I was thinking they could end up in her Cantina somewhere down the line.

Is it confirmed that the Wookie at the Axe with Rav was Chak or are we waiting for his first appearance also?

Carnage

10. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Is it confirmed that the Wookie at the Axe with Rav was Chak or are we waiting for his first appearance also?

Carnage[/quote]

Chak has not appeared yet...

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Hm. He looked just like Chak...

12. Carnage04

Mar 8, 2005
    It is a bit hard to tell with the shot of the Wook being a pretty much a background shot that does not show much of him. It does look like that particular wookie has longer "Facial Hair" and is wearing beads in his hair instead of the dreadlock type look Chak sports in the introduction issue. Of course, Chak could have went for a trim and changes hair stylests......It's really pretty hard to tell wookiees apart, too. Variation in size and hair color is about all we have to go on.

Carnage

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Well, I was actually referring to the armor pieces.

14. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    I know it was a while back that JO asked for impressions of the entire arc upon rereading, but I have a burning need to weigh in.

Nihl the drooling Nagai ROCKS! He is a great counterpoint to the young completely brainwashed Talon. And there are so many Sith from issue 0 that we have not yet glimpsed in action. I for one expect great depth and texture in their personal interactions, starting with 8. At the very least we will find out why such a seemingly wussy twig like Maladi is tolerated around all the bullies.

Plus I have been gnawing my cuticles for months now waiting for Chak to appear. He is the shining thread that connects the Clone Wars era to the Legacy future, for me.

Personally, having Cade stare at Sia instead of Deliah would have worked equally well. He can sneak past anything with his skillz, including Imperial guards. Didn't we just hear that even Wolf couldn't sense him in the Force atm? And I simply can't get enough of his dessicated handsome mug under the curls with the green ice for eyes. Sure, deathsticks sounds like a juvenile vice, but that's only because our impressions of them are based on Elan, the punk dealer in AOTC. Grow beyond this and realize you can be an alcoholic from drinking Boones Farm, too.

I want him to rescue his old Mynock pals. The three of them did not yet get a chance to demonstrate their full depth as a working partnership to us. Once again the Legacy creative team is keeping my fan furnace stoked.

And the whole question of how and why the Fel emperors have Chiss moffs at ALL is a fabulous sub-plot to follow!

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    At the very least we will find out why such a seemingly wussy twig like Maladi is tolerated around all the bullies.

I would wager that it has something to do with her intelligence role, with a bit of advisory capacity added in.

Not everyone is valued for being a brute or a tool. Some can be helpful, even to a Sith.

And I simply can't get enough of his dessicated handsome mug under the curls with the green ice for eyes.

...well I agree with dessicated, but that's about it.

And the whole question of how and why the Fel emperors have Chiss moffs at ALL is a fabulous sub-plot to follow!

Yeah, I agree. I'd also like to learn how the outgrowth of the Second Empire came from the Remnant, the history behind the bestowal of the imperial dignity, and the mechanisms and powers associated therein.

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    ^ Ditto to all above in Jello's post, with a special emphasis on finding out how the Fels ended up in the Big Chair.

We don't know that Maladi's a slouch in combat, either.

17. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    I would imagine none of the named Sith are slouches in combat (some are susceptible to being shot in the back, however...). That's what unnamed cannon-fodder Sith are for. :p

18. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2006
    Now I want to see some sith duke it out against some Jedi. I predict that later we might see Maladi go up against Draco and/or Ganner. Hopefully possible
    JN

19. Carnage04

Mar 8, 2005
    Who knows, she might be poor in combat but really good at sneaking around and manipulating people. I like the idea of "Specialized" Jedi/Sith that are either Combatants, Seers, Healers, Stealthy, strong with Dark/Light side powers, able to absorb energy but not able to toss rocks around, etc... Maladi could be great against normal people but very low on the "Sith/Jedi" totem pole in a straight up fight.

Carnage

20. Carnage04

Mar 8, 2005

Oh, one more thing I've been meaning to ask everyone about the latest issue, when Syn takes his first shot at Nihl he actual lands it square in Nihl's chest....but Nihl appears to have a chest plate strong enough to deflect blaster bolts....

To me it seems this has two repercussions. The first being that one of Darth Krayt's "Hands"...probably one of the most powerful Sith in the new Order can not sense a measly space pirate getting the drop on him. We have already seen Lord Malevol get taken down by a single trooper with a blaster rifle....are all the Sith this vulnerable? The other thing is, I don't think we have seen wearable armor strong enough to deflect blaster fire. That's pretty huge..... We saw an Imperial Stormtrooper in RoTJ, suited up in armor from head to toe, get taken down by Leia who was firing a relatively small blaster pistol. What could this chestplate be made of?

Carnage

21. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I've not read the issue yet, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but where is the evidence he didn't sense him? If he just got shot on a chest-plate that deflects blasterfire anyway, then why should he bother deflecting the bolt himself?

22. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Chances are he didn't let himself get shot, but c'mon, people...Aayla got shot in the back, too. Quinlan got royally kriffed by a tank cannon. In the middle of a combat situation, things get muddled. When you've got shots coming in at you from every side, even if you sense them, you can't deflect them all.

23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You're sure it wasn't one of those sweeps where Jan draws the saber at the end of the sweep and puts a little trail behind it and shows the deflected bolts hitting the saber as little flares along that trail? It's hard to describe, but she does it fairly often, and it can look like the bolts are getting through.

24. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    No, it quite clearly bounced off his chestplate.

25. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Yeah, Nihl is busy fighting Cade, and Syn blasts him right in the chest. I'm not surprised. I'm also not surprised that individually crafted/owned Sith armor can withstand a single blast, while mass produced infantry armor can't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.