main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Legacy #7: Broken, part 6 (of 6) - Glowing Luke on the cover!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    (I've only skimmed the thread, so apologies in advance if I'm repeating stuff that's already been said)

Allow me a moment here to pump my fist in the air and shout "WOOHOO!", because this is exactly what I wanted to happen in Legacy.

I've never quite understood the misery people have felt at the fact that the Big 3 are dead in this time period. That's life. That's how it is. I like that they're not around, that's the entire point of the Legacy timeframe, which I've always been a big proponant of the EU doing, even before Legacy was announced. And the thing is this: now that episode 3 has come and gone, writers are free to use force ghosts again. Because now we basically know how the whole thing works, and none of Lucas's toes will be stepped on. I love it. Love it, love it, love it. Force-ghost-Luke = freakin' brilliant. Can't wait.

So now what I really want to see is Luke's death. Because I simply cannot be the only one who wants to see a comic where Luke basically goes out in the same way as Obi-Wan. I can picture it in my head: old Luke, long white hair, beard, kicking ass against the Sith, and then being faced with the same choice Obi-Wan had to make: sacrificing himself to let his friends escape. But if the bad guys strike him down, he'll become more powerful than they can possibly imagine. Is there any better way for Luke to go out? I sure can't think of one. And despite being slightly more of a novel fan than a comic fan, I would rather this happen in a comic, just because it would be so much more powerful with images: seeing Luke give that little knowing smile and then fade away.

So yeah. This rocks my freakin' socks. I'm very excited by this development.

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I for one would rather Luke go out like Yoda did.

3. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999

LOTF #5 - Sacrifice

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    :eek: :D =P~ *FANBOYS* [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] :D :cool:

I'm so happy with this cover. I don't care if it's a Force-ghost, a holo, or some sort of illusion...

It.

Just.

Looks.

SO.

****ing.

Cool.

:cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

5. imperial77

imperial77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    *smiles in quiet amusement*

That's actually not so far-fetched as it seems, considering the Yuuzhan Vong elements of the Legacy context. Maybe not as obvious as "Force-ghost" or "hologram", but a worth bearing in mind, I'd say.

As LtNOWIS pointed out, there's still plenty that they can surprise us with in this.

--imp77

6. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    get of the sock you evil blue ewok..

7. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    yeah.. dead Luke.. though my first thought was: R2 will show up in the comic and it is just hologram-Luke

8. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    [blockquote]Thrawn McEwok posted:

I'm [b]so[/b] happy with this cover. I don't care if it's a Force-ghost, a holo, or some sort of illusion...

It.

Just.

Looks.

[i]SO[/i].

****ing.

Cool.

[face_cool]

- The Imperial Ewok[hr][/blockquote]
    9 smileys! HAH! And someone says I'm using too many smileys... [face_tongue]

@Ceiran
    Might be, but holograms are all-blue, AFAIK, and not only blue-outlined... [face_tongue]>

9. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Like McE said, it's possible it might be a holo recording or something from the Holocron.

10. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I suspect it's a Force-ghost. I think Luke would live longer than most humans but come on...he'd probably be dead by now.

I do hope that Artoo and Threepio will eventually make an appearance.

11. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    "Greetings Cade, I am Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight, and Uncle of Darth Krayt. I know that you are powerful, and your anger with Krayt must be equally powerful. I seek an audience with your Misguidedness to retrain you to confront this menace. With your bloodline, I'm sure we can work out an arrangement that will be mutually beneficial and enable your confrontation with Krayt to be significantly less unpleasant. As a token of my goodwill, I present to you a gift: These two Droids. Both are hardworking and will serve you well." ~ Holo-Luke

12. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

One of the most awesome lines in the recent past, dude! [face_peace]

13. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I doubt Luke is dead by the end of the LOTF book series, so I don't see why they can include him in more stories, plus he looks a lot younger then 40-50 as a Force Ghost, so it rules out Jacen killed him. Plus doesn't he look like he's smiling or in a pleasant mood ? I expected him to be dead by Legacy but I'm just surprised how early the cover came out, but it's just awesome ;) .

I hope Force Ghost Luke will help out Cade.

14. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    He's not a hologram. Watch the scenes in Jedi when Ben is talking to Luke, then check out any hologram in any six of the movies. Luke's glow is exactly like Ben's force ghost, but very different from the holograms.

15. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
    40-50? Luke is 61 in LOTF.

16. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Hey, it could be worse. They could be like the Jedi; bumbling and on the verge of extinction... again.[face_mischief] :p

17. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The real question -- what will the Sith do when they hear Luke Freakin' Skywalker is back?

18. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    I doubt they'll do anything, since Luke's a ghost. Unless Luke pulls a SotME and possesses Cade's body.

EDIT: Uh oh, I think I may have opened a huge can of worms with that statement ....

19. Sikon

Mar 29, 2006
    Worse, you have opened Pandora's box with that statement.

But Force ghosts can't possess, unless that "SotME" is something from Star Wars.

20. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Um...Splinter of the Mind's Eye...

21. Sikon

Mar 29, 2006
    Got it. Still, I think it's better to avoid acronyms, which often lead to confusion.

22. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Best to avoid acronyms? You're new to the Internet, aren't you?

23. Sikon

Mar 29, 2006
    OMG WTF LOL!!!

Better?

Just because we're on the Internet doesn't mean that we shouldn't care about ambiguity.

24. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    The majority of SW (that's Star Wars) book, comic, and movie titles are talked about using acronyms here, because they're common knowledge and it's too much of a pain in the ass to type Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi - The Golden Age of the Sith when I can simply type GAOTS.

25. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Right. And it looks like you're shouting GOATS! only with poor spelling.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.