main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #7: Broken, part 6 (of 6) - Glowing Luke on the cover!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Some acronyms are more recognisable than others. I'd never seen 'SotME' before but understood it immediately. I probably wouldn't have gotten GAOTS. Anyway, different discussion.

The Luke cover is just...wow.

My money's on it being a ghost rather than a holo. It's a very cool way to link the series with the past. I see him mentoring Cade the way Qu Rahn did Kyle Katarn in JK. Whatever he does, it's just cool to see him there. I suppose it reminds me that despite how much I love what they're doing with the Legacy comics, nothing excites you like one of the original characters.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/13/13458.jpg]
    I hate you!

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/swLegacy7.jpg]
    You were my nephew. I loved you!

3. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    "I was the son of the chosen one!"

Really, can you get more coolamundo then glowing Luke?

Didn't think so.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    This is a fine moment in Star Wars history, and...that's all I can say.

Utterly speechless. Well done writers!

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Something that no one (I think) has pointed out yet - this is the first cover (aside from #0) to feature just a single character instead of a group of 3.

6. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    What about the cover to #6 ? Doesnt that feature the Were Krayt by his lonesome ?

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Awesome cover

Anyone mind clarifying why #7 is Broken 6? I guess that stormtrooper issue is not part of the arc?

8. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    But it's Luke, a dead Luke at that, so he counts for way more than three characters :p

Snakes on a Plane?

9. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    That's probably an interior panel - sometimes DH puts them up as placeholders. #7 has Adam Hughes' mark on it, so it's probably the actual cover.

10. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Ah, ok.

11. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999

The Stormie story takes place concurrent with Broken, but is a standalone story.

12. LadyRena

LadyRena Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2006
    If I remember correctly, #4 was planned to come out as #7, but the production of earlier issues got delayed some how.
    To buy Jan more time to finish the next issues of "Broken" the storyline of #7 was realized first, in what now will be published as Legacy #4. But no, #4 is not part of "Broken"

on topic:
    that cover is just awesome.
    Dead Luke looks better than alive! :D
    Can't wait to read the story behind it!

13. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Me either, although if it had been TotJ:GAotS, I probably woulda gotten it sooner.

14. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Maybe Luke is just flow-walking :p

Seriously though, I'm pleased to see this. Not so much because it's confirmation he's dead, I never expected him to still be alive, more that I like that it's making the strongest link between Legacy and the traditional Post-Endor period possible. It'll give me more respect for Cade at least if Luke helps him reclaim his heritage, he won't just seem like some random Skywalker descendant, but a guy who deserves to bear the name.

It makes the idea of Darth Krayt being somebody we already know seem more likely as well I suppose, as it means they aren't trying to solely rely on entirely new characters. I like. :)

Although... the text describing the issue is odd... as it makes it sound like the choice Cade is going to make will be the wrong one. I suppose that's meant to be from the perspective of his friends who will see him becoming a Jedi as turning his back on them, but it does just seem an uneasy way of wording it.

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Just a theory but probably wrong. If Broken is all about Cade coming to realize his destiny does Luke on the cover really mean Luke will be in the issue or is it just symbolizing Cade's destiny. I certainly won't be suprised if Luke does make an appearance, but just because he's on the cover doesn't mean he has to show up as a ghost in the issue.

16. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    While the covers of Legacy have lied before (see: Talon on the cover of #1), I really doubt they'd do somehting like this and not mean it. This isn't some random Jedi, this is Luke Skywalker.

17. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    WOW I'VE BEEN GONE FOR A WHILE.

Anyway, I saw this cover and had to come see you guys. I'm thrilled because, well...a while back I had been pulling for Force Ghost Luke to show up and heckle Cade about turning his back on the order, sort of show up and be a pain in Cade's butt/advisor like that hologram guy in Quantum Leap or something. Hopefully that's how it'll turn out? Even if it doesn't....WHOOO! FORCE GHOST LUKE!

Hm...here's something to chew on: it seems like he dies pretty young, eh?

18. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Then again, Anakin got to de-char himself and turn the clock back a quarter-century when he joined Obi-Wan and Yoda in Blue Man Group. Maybe Force Ghost appearance is an option thing [face_thinking]

19. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    And those characters all showed up eventually...see, Talon in issue #2.

20. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Luke: And the good man who was your great-great-great-uncle died...from a certain point of view.
    Cade: A certain point of view....

21. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004

Cade: Stuff your 'Certain Point of View', old man....I'm going for a drink.

22. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I guess this is their way of easing us into the idea of a dead Luke...

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Or they could be easing is into the idea of the Emperor coming back.

Maybe. [face_batting]

After all, now that both Anakin and Luke Skywalker are gone... :D

24. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    So we get something like...

Luke: Cade, get these kriffin' Sith out of my kriffin' Jedi Temple!

o_O

25. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Yoda in the ether: Impossible your line is! Another Skywalker falling tot he Darkside. The Force has spoken. Go to your progeny you will, and castrate him, before reproduce he does.

Luke: Man....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.