main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy ~*~ ANNOUNCEMENT ~*~ COMPLETED --TAGGED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mcily_Nochi, Sep 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    ::chuckles:: Yeah, you're right Sci Fi (well, except for a few lurkers...)

Anyways, I can't wait for more! (I know that't the most lame line, but it's true!) ;)

2. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    SO SO SO Sorry I missed a few posts! [face_blush] School is very hectic right now!

This is excellent!!!! Do not worry, you won't loose me as a reader - it just may take me some time to respond because of school...

:D Looking forward to more! :D

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm still here. Is Nastom going to develop the Jedi Code, through trial and error, perhaps, or will other Force-sensitive people work that one out?

4. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    *evil laugh* You'll just have to wait and see!

Thanks for reading everyone! I guess I'm pretty pathetic, begging readers like that, but oh well.

5. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Will the next post be up soon??? :D :D :D

::hides the blaster behind her back and smiles sweetly at Mcily:: [face_devil]

6. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    more?

**puts on puppy dog face** How can you ignore this face? :)

7. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    It is difficult to ignore that face, scifi. Believe me. But Darth Teachers doesn't want me to have any time.

8. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Aaah, so Darth Teachers, hmm? [face_devil] Thanks for telling me...

::ignites her double-bladed red saber and runs after Mcily's Darth Teachers with a Jedi war scream::

::several screams are heard in distance::

::Mar returns and turns off her saber::

There, is that better? :D :D :D

9. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    smiles :) well, I totally understand, so I'll just sit here and wait for ya.

**starts popping pop corn**

10. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Two words:

MORE PLEASE!!!

:D :D :D

11. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    I am working on the next post right now. I am so sorry about the long wait. I've been really busy (details can be found at my other story, Almost Family, hint hint hint).

Give me a half an hour, and you'll have your next post.

12. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh, by the way, thanks for killing Darth Teachers, Mar. It didn't help, but the gesture was appreciated.

Scifi: Please pass the popcorn. Do you have any of the yummy chocolate-covered kind? That gives you the illusory dream of having no stress and no homework? That's the best kind. :)

13. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Here goes! Kos finds unlikely talents, hidden and withered from misuse, but very definitely there . . . *drumroll, everyone groans*

Nastom had hoped there would be more people here. As far as he knew, no one had ever organized a workers rebellion, much less tried to overthrow a corrupt and dangerous government. Yet none of the oppressed citizens seemed inclined to participate.

Kos stood next to him, and he felt her anxiety. Three others were gathered in the little kitchen. Kos said ten other people were interested, but none of them were here.

"Well. Let's get started," he said, feeling painfully self-conscious. The three people seated on the dirty floor in front of him looked at him skeptically.

"Get started with what?" one of them asked. Kos had identified him as an overseer of the youngest children, one who was compassionate with them, yet made them complete their quotas. He was about Nastom's age, maybe even seventeen or eighteen. He was tall and thin, with thick brown hair and black eyes that cooly surveyed their surroundings.

"We don't know yet," Nastom said, embarrassed.

The boy snorted. "Then what can we hope to accomplish?"

Nastom looked helplessly at Kos. He hadn't expected a hostile reaction.

She took a deep breath and stepped forward. "The reason we asked you to come here today is simple. We have worked in the factory since we were small, as you know very well, Pryo. You see the suffering of children every day, and what do you do? You strive to help them, to save their innocent fingers from punishment, and their small toes from being paralyzed by renegade droids. You encourage them, and you help them. But does it really make a difference in the long run?"

Nastom watched her in awe. She held her hands out to Pryo, eyes pleading. Though her voice was strong, her body seemed small and defenseless, like the children she was telling about. Her panicky nerves left her, and she stood relaxed and poised. Pryo still looked bored and unconvinced, but the other two were nodding their heads. The girl with blue skin and long growths hanging down her back whispered something to the young man next to her. Nastom began to relax, and he felt the others do the same.

"No," Kos answered herself decisively. "No. No matter how hard we work, how much we sacrifice to keep food on the table, they raise our quotas without asking us or raising out pay. They punish little children on the night shift who fall asleep and cry because they burn themselves in their fatigue. You remember those days, Pryo. You still live in them, and you try to make a difference. But I say, unless we get those children out of that factory, all of your efforts are in vain."

"In vain?" he mimicked. "I slave away for the sake of those kids. Now you say nothing I do will make a difference? Well, what if I say nothing you do will make a difference? In fact, you'll most likely get all of us in trouble."

"No I won't," Kos said, sounding sure of herself. Nastom knew that inside she was quaking. "Because if enough of us stand up to them, they will be forced to listen."

"Or kill us."

"If that's what it takes to be free, then I say yes. Yes, kill me. I would rather be dead than keep living this life I was born into. I cannot live with the knowledge of what these people have done to me."

"Nothing!" Pryo insisted. He showed her his left hand, which was missing two fingers. "You have all your precious fingers and toes intact, Kos. You know nothing of the sacrifices we have made!"

Kos swallowed hard, letting that register before she spoke, so quietly they had to lean forward to hear her, but with such intensity Nastom felt like she was screaming. "My mother died last week." She took a deep, shaky breath.

Don't los it now! Nastom begged. Not when we're so close! He closed his eyes, following an inner urge, and pushed . . . He felt his energy and support touch Kos, and she gathered her thoughts and spoke again.

"I will not

14. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    I'm with ya kos!!!

Yes, well worth the wait! I love this story!

15. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Whoa... ::stares at her screen with mouth open:: Great speech, Kos! You go girl! :D

And a great post, Mcily! Waiting for more! ;)

::Mar passes a bag of chocolate popcorn to Mcily:: <-- that's your reward for an awesome post! :)

16. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Scifi: Thanks! I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Mar: *accepts the chocolate and munches happily*

17. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Great post! Nice speech! :D

I know exactly what you mean about teachers... *heavy sigh* I have that same problem... :(

Looking forward to more! :D

18. Jade07

Jade07 Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2001
    yay! new postie! *happy* very good as always, I realy like your use of silence to make her point stronger! more!!!! ...please?

19. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    As soon as I can, I'll post! My life is not my own! My teachers own me . . .

20. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    All the teachers are the same sith crap... ::sighs:: (and I dreamed to become one when I was a kid... ::shakes her head::)

21. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    up

More as soon as I can! I'm really sorry about the delay. I'm in All-State Honor Choir, and we've been having all day rehearsals, early morning to late night, so I haven't had time to write more.

22. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Don't worry, I totally understand! Life can be hectic, and I know that I have like NO time to write my fics lately... :_|

We'll be here when you have the chance to post! :D

23. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Okay, this is really short, but I'm falling asleep where I sit here, so feel lucky you get even this much. :) You get a new POV today.

Nastia sat on her brother's lap, absently sucking her finges as she stared wide-eyed about her. There were so many people in the house! They filled the kitchen and spilled out the door to the stairs.

She vaguely remembered the first time the strange people came. Kos talked to them, then they got all excited. The next day bunches more people came, and Nastom didn't have time to play with Nastia. He and Kos and another big boy called Pryo were busy keeping everyone under control. Since then had been three more meetings, with more people every time.

Kos ruffled Nastia's hair affectionately and stood. "Could I have quiet please?" she called. Instantly everyone stopped talking and listened. Kos smiled at Nastom then began to speak. "Thank you for coming. I appreciate the support. Today we get down to business. I'm sorry this had to happen at all, but things have gone too far, and there's nothing left we can do." She paused to let the little whispers fade away, then continued. "We all have a part to play here. I have discovered my role, that of a leader." She grinned outright. "Who would ever have guessed?" Everyone laughed. Nastom hugged Nastia closer, and she let her head loll back against his chest. She was getting sleepy.

Kos gestured towards Nastom and Pryo, who sat on stools next to each other. "Nastom is even now uncovering powers he never knew existed, and that no one has heard of before. Pryo, who came to our first meeting, has offered to lead any military operations we might find necessary." Her voice was troubled. "Now I ask all of you to look inside yourselves and decide what you are best at, and what services you can offer." She glanced over at Pryo. "Pryo, it's your turn."

"Thanks," he replied, standing. Kos slid onto his stool as he addressed that gathering. "This is the last day we can meet here in Kos's house," he said. Nastia liked his voice. It was deep and rich, like thick cream. She settled back against Nastom and hummed softly to herself. Pryo talked about where they could meet, and what actions they might have to take if their first plan didn't work out. Nastia yawned. It had been a long day.

Nastom leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Is Nastia tired?" She shook her head vehemently and rubbed her eyes. He chuckled. "You won't have to sit through any more meetings once we're somewhere else," he told her. She nodded, not understanding what was going on. She snuggled against his chest, and he rocked back and forth. Soon she was asleep.

24. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Cool new POV! :D I like how things are progressing! :D

Get some rest! :p Falling asleep at the computer is bad... ;)

Great post, thanks! :D

25. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Great post, Mcily! The action starts soon!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.