main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy ~*~ ANNOUNCEMENT ~*~ COMPLETED --TAGGED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mcily_Nochi, Sep 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Oh, I just have to say I love the last line of your sig, Mar17swgirl!!!! :)

Very true, I think...

"Once you start down the path of fanfic writing, forever will it dominate your destiny!"

That's great! :D

(Okay, now back to the show... ;) )

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    LOL! :p Very true indeed... that's my own experience talking... :D

3. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Sorry to keep everyone waiting! Here's a long, enormous, very space-consuming post for you to make up for it. :)

Kos had not worked at the factory for a week. She was worried about what would happen. Nastom assured her it would be all right, but she had seen what happened when people stopped working. Their houses were taken away, their children stolen from them and given to someone else. None of it was legal, but the government turned a deaf ear to cries for help, and pretended not to see the monstrosities. That was why she was going to meet them today.

The government headquarters was a huge, hulking mass. It squatted right in the center of the city, surrounded by shadows and poor houses. Kos had avoided it since she was small. Now she waked directly up to it, glad that Nastom was with her for moral support, if nothing else.

The door was locked. Nastom sighed in frustration. "How are we supposed to get in?"

"Maybe there's an intercom of some sort," Kos suggested. She scanned the doorframe. All there was was a small blue button, coated with dirt so she could barely see it. "This?" she asked Nastom, indicating it.

"I don't know," he said worriedly. "It doesn't look like it's been pushed for quite awhile."

"Perfect time to try," Kos said, trying to sound braver than she really was. She reached up, her hand fluttering in front of the tiny button. She extended a finger and pushed it. It got stuck half-way in, but yielded under more pressure. To her surprise, the door eased open. "I guess that means 'come in'," she said. They clasped hands and stepped inside.

The interior was as dark and forbidding as the exterior. The ceiling was high, and there was little light to illuminate the dusty corners. Kos looked up at Nastom. He raised an eyebrow and gave her a watery smile. "Lets go."

She nodded. "Right. This is it." They carefully walked down the hallway. Kos tried not to wince at every squeak coming from the shadows, but Nastom noticed anyway. He squeezed her hand comfortingly.

Suddenly a voice spoke. "Please regard the door on your left," it instructed pleasantly. Kos jumped in surprise, then squinted through the shadows. A door slid open. She walked quickly to it, dragging Nastom after her, afraid it might close again.

They found themselves in a little room. It jolted, she felt her feet pressed against the floor. "It's a turbolift," she told Nastom in surprise. "A new one!" The turbolift was well lit, and moved smoothly, without rocking back and forth like the ones at the factory. She smiled to herself.

The door swished open again at the top, revealing a hallway. It was bright, but the light was artificial, giving it a yellowish glow. The voice spoke again. "Please continue until you reach the second door on your left."

Kos again hurried Nastom through the doors. The turbolifts in the factory had a tendency to close before one left them, sometimes catching the slow party's heels and twisting their ankle.

Nastom gave her an odd look. "If they wanted to hurt us, they would have by now," he said sensibly. "Besides, the voice said 'please.' That doesn't seem hostile to me." He peered down the corridor. "Still, I wonder how they knew where we wanted to go."

"Maybe they're just directing us where everybody gets directed. But let's get there as soon as we can." The pair hurried through the yellow light until they reached the indicated door. It opened as they approached it, wringing an exclamation of surprise from Kos. The building had advanced technology!

Behind a desk sat an immensely fat man. He looked up at them and scowled. "I am Jed Burlatt, Public Relations," he droned. "Who are you children?"

"I am Kos Corusca, and this is my companion, Nastom son of Narto, formerly of the planet Jedos." She forcibly relaxed her body, projecting the usual tough image. "We request to speak with an authority."

Burlatt, looking extremely bored, keyed the information into the keyboard sitting in front of him.

4. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
  5. Rennati

Rennati Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2001
    AAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!1 Look up Mcily..
    it's a double post!!!!!

You got me all excited!!!!!!!!!

Later
    Rennati

It's so great! it still is great!!!!!!!1

Later
    R

6. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Why do posts sometimes double? Very annoying. I erased it, as you can see.

Thank you, Rennati. I'm glad you're liking it. Now there's actually some action. :)

7. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Can't wait for more!

8. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
  9. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I liked the description of the building and especially the way Kos noticed the lift was new and didn't rock from side to side. Now I'll bet that this tired old man is under that "medication" too and doesn't know or can't care anymore what his daughter is doing. She's a mean one! Crowing about how she wanted all the Jedi wiped out so that there wouldn't be any protests like this one. Use the Force, Nastom! Don't let them get you!

10. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Aaaah! I'm hooked!!! Great post, Mcily! :) Nastom! Use the Force! Do something!!!! :D ;)

11. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Yay! Great post! :)

Yeah, Mar17swgirl - that's my experience, also! :p

:eek: They're going to take Nastom away! :eek: Nastom - DO SOMETHING! The Force: USE THE FORCE!!!!!!! :eek:

;) Looking forward to more! :)

:D

12. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Hmmm, what do you want him to do again? Oh yes, use the Force. I guess everyone's unaminous there? lol :)

He still doesn't really know how to use the Force, especially not under pressure. It's more like the Force is using him at this point.

New post as soon as I can. I'm devoting all my energies to finishing up my other story, "Almost Family" sometimes this week, and have a very long trial scene to write (Han's trial, in fact -- yup, that would be a plug for everyone to read my other story). I'm also submitting a third story to the Archives, so if I don't write more soon, I'm sorry.

Could people up this every now and then for me? Thanks!

13. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
  14. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Three words...

PLEASE POST MORE!!! :D

15. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa more!?!?!

16. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    ASAP. I promise. As I said, I'm finishing up another story (second blatant hint . . .) :D

17. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Nastom's mind went suddenly blank with surprise. Without thinking, he shoved the advancing guards away from himself, not even realizing until afterward that he never physically touched them. One flew against the wall, hitting with a thud. He felt rather than saw Kos wince, then pull herself together. He grabbed her arm and ran.

Seconds before they reached the door, a cold voice said, "Stop right there." The voice carried an obvious threat, telling Nastom that she must have a gun pointed at him. He turned slowly.

"Let us go," he said softly, pushing the command into her mind. The gun wavered, and she move her hand as if brushing away cobwebs in her hair. "Let us go," he said again, more forcefully. "You don't want us after all."

The his astonishment, nothing happened. She was too strong. He tried on the old man, who sat half-asleep in his chair, his chin on his chest. "Let us go."

The man raised his head, staring bleakly at Nastom. Something struck a discordant note in Nastom's mind, and he reached out to touch the man's forehead. He hand fluttered, but he kept it at his side, making his mind touch the man's mind. Something was wrong. The contours and complextities of thoughts that he felt in everyone else were almost nonexistant in this mind. He pushed a little harder, then seemed to break through a membrane. He was suddenly surrounded by the workings of a normal mind. Drugs! he thought wildly. He tried to peel aside the strange membrane . . .

"Daughter," the man said suddenly his voice clear and startled. "What are you doing?"

She whirled on him. "Just what I was doing before."

"You can't kill children," he said, shaking his head in confusion.

She regarded him for a moment, then turned her gun on him and shot him. A stacatto right light burst from it, searing the man's chest. She stepped forward and took the badge of office from his chest, pinning on her own. Then she turned a saccharine smile on Nastom and Kos. They stood frozen, horrified by what they had just seen.

"Yes," the woman sneered. "I have a blaster, not just a pistol. This can kill you without leaving a nasty bullet wound behind to bloody the carpet." She gave them a fake sad look. "What a tragedy! Two presumptuous children barged in on the meeting and murdered the President. Sadly, his daughter will be forced to take over, and her first action will be to put the murderers to death."

Her fingers tightened on the trigger. Something seemed to grab Nastom's arm and yank his hand toward his belt. His found his glowtool in his hands; he turned it on automatically, and somehow raised it in time to block the lasers shooting toward Kos. All three stared at the shining knife.

"What is that?" breathed Kos.

The new President shrieked and lunged at them. Nastom's reflexes kicked in, and he held the knife out in front of him. She stopped short, her stomach inches from the blade.

"One more move, and I'll run you through," he hissed, then blanched. No, I didn't mean--

"Take us out of here," Kos said imperiously, siezing the moment. The dazed and tangled guards stared in awe.

"Did you see that?" one whispered hoarsely. "Couldn't even see his arm move!"

Nastom's arm shook violently. He didn't know the extent of his own powers, but something inside him was screaming for his attention. The Force, perhaps? That would mean the Force was not just a power of his, not just a tool to be used at whim, but an entity of a sort. Something with its own agenda . . .

"Yes, take us out of here," he echoed Kos. "Please."

Kos gave him an exhasperated look. "You know, you don't have to say 'please' to a prisoner!"

"I say please to everyone," Nastom said firmly. He couldn't wait to get home and think about the Force. Maybe it would reveal more to him.

Meanwhile, they would organize their resistance. He knew now that it would be an armed resistance. Nothing else could succeed against this fiendish woman. But as long as his glowtool could protec

18. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    AACCCCKKKKKKKKKkk!!!!!!!!!

Great great post! I love it! The action is wonderful!

Fabulous! :) :D :) :D

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I can't wait to see more.

Later
    Rennati

19. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oooh, very tense! I liked the idea of the Force being an entity with its own agenda. And the way it was practically controlling Nastrom, pulling his arm down towards his belt to get his "glowtool". The "please" was a nice touch, too, as was the nastiness of the daughter in killing her own father and wanting to blame the kids. Good job!

20. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    ::stares at her screen in astonishment:: WOW!!! That was great, Mcily!!! :eek: :D You go, Nastom! The Force is guiding you!!! Yay! Hmm, the glowtool... sounds like a lightsaber... :D More soon? :)

21. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    WhooooooHooooo!!!!!! :) Great post!!!!!! :D

Oh Yeah... he used the Force! Good job, Nastom!!!!!! :) ;) :p

And I believe you just discovered the lightsaber... :)

Excellent, Mcily! :D Looking forward to more!!! :D

22. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Thanks, guys!

*sniff* Look how much you touched me!

23. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    wonderful!!

24. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Come on, Mcily, post! :D

25. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    I'm working on this story again! *cheers from all sides* I finished the other.

I know what the next scene is, but I haven't actually written in down yet. You can forgive me, though, because I took the PSAT/NMSQT this morning (waaaay early *wails*). So I haven't written anything today. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.