main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Legacy Child:Ben Skywalker Society Thread: *Ben's neglected... show some LOVE! -New Discussion 1/28*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LegacyChild1, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    Thank you guys, for the welcome and the ideas. I just posted my fic if anyone is wondering what the toys were for:Lifeday Disaster

2. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Read it, love it.

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks for sharing with us Jacky! I loved it!

Totally Random comment: YAY! We have over 75 posts[face_dancing]
    Don't ask me why I'm so excited about that, but I am...you should have seen me when I hit 500 post earlier today!

4. jackyyy17

Jan 12, 2006
    Thank you,[face_blush] it was just a little challenge from my Jedi Master that I threw together durig work yesterday. [face_whistling]

5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    It was very good. I liked it. :)

6. jackyyy17

Jan 12, 2006
    It was so much fun writing Ben [face_thinking] I think I've found my new favoite character to write.

7. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    He's addictive trust me. I started wiriting him about three or four years ago and haven't been able to stop.

8. jackyyy17

Jan 12, 2006
    I'll have to check out some of your work then.[face_beatup]

9. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Same for me. I have probably a dozen fics with him just sitting on my computer. At the moment they're gathering dust. [face_blush] Maybe some time this year, [face_praying] I'll get them posted.

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah he is addictive! I loved him before he was even thought of (who wouldn't love a child of Luke and Mara) but now that he actually has a character in the books I love him even more!

I thought for sure I would be writing all L/M, but nope, Ben just dominates my plot bunnies!

11. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    I actually had a Ben Skywalker character in a story once I learned that Mara and Luke were getting married. Though I will never show that story. Ever. Well maybe, it's up on my bookshelf same as you Jen.

12. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] I have so many fics like that, even ones with Ben. They will never see the light of day.

13. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    I had just started writing more seriously and well, lets just say, I've improved greatly.

14. jackyyy17

Jan 12, 2006
    I have just started writing. (I started in Dec) so all my stories, I think only 5 so far, are posted, but give me some time, I will probably end up "hiding" stories too.

15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I'd like to read that story Zara! :p

Luckly I normally write by hand first, so the really bad things I have written are probably in a garbage dump somewhere! (Except maybe that ER one that might still be on my harddrive..[face_thinking])

16. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    It's a time honored rite of passage. :)

17. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    I wish I'd been smart enough to write by hand so I could toss away my earliest fanfic ventures. [face_sick] They were awful. Like Zara, I feel I've improved greatly since then. Thankfully. [face_laugh]

18. jackyyy17

Jan 12, 2006

that really helps, my original drafts are never anything like what I fanally post. You'll should have seen my first draft of Lifeday Disaster, it was horrible, and 4 pages longer then the final post.

19. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Oh, I wrote it by hand, but I just don't have the heart to chuck it. Sentmentality not pride in work.

20. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    This is an old debate I'm sure, but what are everyone's thoughts on the thoery that the straight-laced Obi-Wan Kenobi might possibly be Mara's father?

How would knowing he's not only the grandson of Anakin Skywalker, but also Obi-Wan Kenobi affect Ben as he grows into a man?

;)By the way, love your fics about this, Zara.

21. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Thanks Jen. I was actually thinking about reposting that with a new version of how Obi-Wan could have been Mara's father.

Obi-Wan was the only one, either then Anakin to kill a Sith, I was thinking he was sort of like the precusor to Anakin's birth, meant to show the path. by this way of thinking the Emperor created Mara outof him, in case Anakin ever gave him trouble. Just a thought.

As for Ben, I always liked the idea of him being the grandson of both, just as sort of a laying to rest the heartache that Anakin and Obi-Wan went through.

22. jackyyy17

Jan 12, 2006
    I always thought that would make a good story, Obi-wan and Siri had Mara, but Obi-Wan never knew about her, or maybe he did who knows,

The only problem would be the time period and the fact that Mara has red hair.

I can see many problems arising for Ben if he ever found out. But hey, that is a good plot bunny right there.

I will definitely have to check out your fic Zara, could you post the link or something?

23. jackyyy17

Jan 12, 2006
    Wow, that was deep.[face_idea] I would love to read something like that! If you ever decide to write a story like that, sign me up to read it. :D

24. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  25. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I always loved the idea that he would be her father... they love to make circles like that in SW, so who knows! But unless they find an R2 unit that has holograms of her parents, we will never find out:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.