main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Legacy Child:Ben Skywalker Society Thread: *Ben's neglected... show some LOVE! -New Discussion 1/28*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LegacyChild1, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I can feel the bunny biting.

2. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
  3. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I've got part one complete. I thought the main event needed an introduction. Ben Skywalker is not his Brother's Keeper!

4. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
  5. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I know it's the end of the month, but I'll be replying to this in my 12th week Drabble responses.

6. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm finally done with mine here: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/24388418/p1/?84

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Hi all!

Is this the place to find a Ben Skywalker expert? I am writing a short story fic set at the time that Ben is about 5 years old. He goes to spend the weekend with Han and Leia. And Han teaches him a certain card game.....

I might need some advice on the story - its not very long so far as I keep starting over, but if anyone could give me a hand with the characterization, I'd be grateful!

Just PM me!

Thanks. :)

8. LegacyChild1

LegacyChild1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2006
    December Challenge

Okay, this challenge is purely a selfish one. Also to gain more interest in Ben. It's the Holiday present to LegacyChild. So here's the challenge. Write as many Ben Skywalker fics you can in the month of December. Hopefully, you'll get to do all the challenges you wanted to do within the last year but missed out on. If the bunny doesn't nibble, them anything you can think of.

The only requisites are:

It has to be at least 500 words.
    Number each of your entrees in the title. (Again, we're definitely trying to spark interest in Ben again.)

That's it. Now get out there and write.

9. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    I'll see what I can do. I've been dying to do the February and June challenges in particular. :)

10. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Oh ho! [face_laugh] as many as I can do in Dec.?
    This should be interesting [face_thinking]

11. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
  12. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
  13. LegacyChild1

Jan 11, 2006
    Hello all Ben fans! It's time for a new challenge, and this one is a little different!

January Challenge

Take a non-Star Wars book and write down the first line on every ten pages (pg 10, 20, 30...) until you reach 10 lines. Then write a drabble based on each one. (It doesn't have to be exacly 100 words... just keep it very short.) Try not to use the line in the context that the book uses.... give it your own!

Now if some of the first lines wouldn't work due things that don't apply to the SW universe you can move on to the next line on that page that does work. For example on pg 10 of The Killer Angels the line is Sorrel started to say something, but he knew that you did not argue with Longstreet.
    This has names of people that don't apply in the SW universe so you would move on to the next line that would apply.

Also if there is a line that isn't inspiring in the least (Ex: pg 30 of The Gun Seller I turned and looked at him.) then you could move on to the next one.

Use your best judgement as to when you would need to move on to another line, but don't move on just because you don't like it, it wouldn't be a challenge if you did! ;)

For bonus points try to make all you drabbles fit into one big drabble story.

Make sure to include what book you used, its author and before each drabble the line that was used.

Please post all drabbles at the same time, in the same thread. And as always, post a link here!

(This challenge has be brought to you by the House fandom, since that was where the idea came from! :) )

14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    What a cool idea! I think I have just the book.:cool: :D

15. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Just got throug the first five.

16. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    And now for the rest: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/25924116/p1/?0

gidget gets an extra one.

17. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
  18. JacenSolo89

JacenSolo89 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2005
    Hey, all!

It's been the longest time since I've been on, I've just been so concetrated on other things, but now I'm back and hopefully gonna update some of my fics, now that Ben has developed alot since Betrayal. I just bought Exile today and so far it is going good.

But yeah, so I'm gonna start planning my next chapter(s) for my fics

19. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Wow, this thread has fallen pretty far. :eek:

We need some new challenges and discussion.

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Well, I have a question for you. In the latest LOTF books, Ben's choices are becoming more and more dark - trying to arrest Han and Leia, almost allowing a little girl to die for the sake of the mission.

Do you see him realizing what is happening to him as he gets a little more life-experience under his belt and rejecting it or do you think he's going to follow Jacen?

21. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Well, Diane...I'm hoping and praying he comes to his senses, but I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better.

22. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Oh, I definitely think he'll continue to follow Jacen. He's already gone pretty far in the name of the mission; I see no reason for him to suddenly change his mind and realize that his choices are wrong.

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    It's been really frustrating me that Luke and Mara can't seem to get him to understand what is going on with Jacen. I know Ben's been slowly seeing Jacen with more objectivity but even so, Ben was almost willing to let the kid die. If Luke and Mara's message hadn't shown up, she would have. Not good!

Although I must admit that I found Ben's interaction with Jaina on the Falcon to have been both horrifying and hilarious. Pulling a saber on her. What was he thinking?

24. LegacyChild1

Jan 11, 2006
    Sorry for the long months without a challenge, but this one comes from SilSolo.

Have Ben and a girl of your choosing, switch bodies for a day. There are no restrictions, just have fun.

25. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Pulling a saber on her. What was he thinking?

He wasn't thinking at all. It's going to take something drastic, even moreso than what's already happened, to make him see the error of his ways.

Have Ben and a girl of your choosing, switch bodies for a day. There are no restrictions, just have fun.

Oh, I can definitely have fun with that one. [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.