main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index LEGACY Comics Index and Discussion ~~The End Of An Era~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Legacy_Index, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    That is a brilliant idea! Who do we lobby for that? ;)

Preview for next month is up!

Sooooo?Last week?s issue:

Loved the whole thing, but I?m tickled pink (no pun intended) that we finally got a tiny bit of back story for Blue! (Click here for page 6 ? spoilers.) Now I?m dying to know what it was that Deliah ?used to do? before Cade ?found? her. Running scams or something less pretty? [face_thinking] And that little bit of introspection/self-loathing showed that she?s not completely shallow. :cool: LOL @ Jariah. Cade must spend an awful lot of time sneaking around behind her back at the rate he's going. :oops::p

2. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    [

3. Musing

Oct 31, 2003

Sorry for double-posting - something weird's going on with my computer.

I kind of doubt that Deliah was running scams prior to joining the Mynock's crew. Why would someone with her mechanical skills need to do that? As Cade himself said way back in #6, it'd be easy for her to find work. I'm more inclined to think that she feels guilty for trying to rip off people who are really trying to help others - maybe because she herself was the recipient of such help. If that's the case, I don't think Deliah really deserves any pity, although it does add dimension to her character. She can't have been under any illusions as to what she was signing up for with Cade.

On looking over past issues, doesn't it seem that Jeriah and Deliah (now there's a pair made for each other :D) keep getting better over time, while Cade keeps getting worse? While there's hope, I'm not optimistic that there'll be any significant turnaround for Cade at the end of the Tattooine arc.

BTW, Jedi Trace, congratulations on your awards! =D=

4. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Thank you! [face_blush]

I kind of doubt that Deliah was running scams prior to joining the Mynock's crew. Why would someone with her mechanical skills need to do that? As Cade himself said way back in #6, it'd be easy for her to find work.

That's true. I'm assuming she was a mechanic when she signed on with Cade - it's not like that's a job you just learn overnight. A few folks over on the Dark Horse boards took it to mean that maybe she was a prostitute. I didn't get that impression at all, but I did get some KOTOR comic Jarael-esque vibes that there's definitely a story there.

I don't think Cade is getting better or worse - he's just kinda Cade right now. And I certainly agree that Dee could do much worse than Jariah. ;)

5. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    I disagree ? he?s gotten more stupid. Force choking someone who?s driving a vehicle is an example. If he could still use his Force powers, why not just break open the stun cuffs? It?s obvious that Gunn doesn?t know that he?s a Force sensitive Skywalker, or she would probably have kept him sedated as well as cuffed.

Yeah - by sticking with Cade. [face_whistling]

6. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    I get the idea that Cade's not all that good at "delicate work", like picking locks with the Force. It's not really his style. I don't get the vibe that those cuffs could be brute-Forced (ha! it's a pun!) with much success.

As for Deliah, while I do agree that she had her mechanical abilities pretty well figured out before she met Cade (with her it seems intuitive, like something she's been using to various degrees since childhood), I also think she may very probably have been running scams as well (something like the "Leverage" crew, maybe?) I can't see her as a prostitute. While her Zeltron heritage might steer her in that direction, I don't see her as having the ability to view sex as a job. She gets attached far too quickly and strongly for that.

7. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    I wasn't thinking about Force lock picking. If Cade can use shatterpoint to destroy the Muur Talisman, why not a pair of stun-cuffs?

8. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Mostly because the Muur Talisman wasn't trying to shock him into unconsciousness. The stun cuffs gave him a bit of a jolt when he tried to mess with them.

9. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    But was Cade actually using shatterpoint, or just using brute Force (pun intended)? [face_thinking] I'd be more inclined to think that Cade was still too groggy to utilize shatterpoint as opposed to believing that the stun cuffs which Gunn used on him can withstand molecular disintegration.

As for issue #39, it interested me to note that Luke reiterated what I said a little over a year ago around the Hidden Temple arc ? that Cade?s stuck at 14 years old. And Cade certainly acts like it, especially when Luke admonishes him for his behavior towards his uncle and his family. :rolleyes: Anakin Skywalker, anyone?

Does anyone else find it odd that, apart from Bantha and Droo Rawk, the only other (apparently) happily married couple in the Legacy era are the Anzati assassins Sint and Nakia? Everyone else seems to be either divorced or widowed.

Relationships sure take a beating in #39, what with the fighting siblings Cade and Gunner, plus the May-December interaction between Jariah and Morrigan. Issue #40 should be memorable, if only to see how far they all make out. In a manner of speaking. :D

10. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Morrigan is :mad: --it was May/October at the most. o_O

11. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    LOL.

But I always figured Jariah and Cade were reasonably close in age, which would still mean that Morrigan is May/Whatevering a man who is about the same age as her child, and that is just weird no matter what you call it.

12. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Who's counting age when you look that GOOD? :p How come us real-life over 30 (ok, over *cough* 40) gals have wrinkles and age spots and .. oh crap. I'll quit now. Too depressing.

And I thought I was just reading too much into things when I thought there was some Morrigan/Jariah chemistry going on in Claws of the Dragon. o_O Huh.

13. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Hey, given what Jeriah and Morrigan do for a living, it's not likely that either of them will live their full span. So, relatively speaking, May-December fits. :p

14. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    True! Maybe it should be looked at as May - I've survived this far and if you hang with me, maybe you will too.

And Jariah isn't exactly "May." I mean, he's shaving and apparently he already has his license, so at least he isn't jailbait.

June/October?o_O

Would it still be uncomfortable if [insert pretty female character] was at least 20-25 years younger than [insert hot-looking male character]?

15. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002

I figure Morrigan has to be using some BOTOX.

16. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    [face_batting] She probably squeezes it out of Vong bugs with her bare hands.

Then again, look how hot Mara was at 60.:p They age well in the GFFA.

17. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I still prefer the Stover-esque version of ?shatterpoint? where it was a metaphysical concept and not a physical act. But I guess LotF blew that out of the water.

And I never really thought of what Cade does as being ?shatterpoint,? just highly focused Force use. Well, maybe that time in Claws where he broke open the lightsaber case. And the Muur Talisman. Okay, nevermind. I guess he does, LOL.

It is a bit of a dichotomy that we?re generally okay with older man/younger woman, but get squicked by older woman/younger man, isn?t it?

*spittake*

[face_laugh]

Ooooh, diva. Can?t wait till you get to read Tatooine! Morrigan?s gonna steal the whole book, if she?s not careful. ;)

I keep re-reading this latest issue and finding new stuff. It felt like a fast read at first, but it?s really very dense. I can see this arc as being potentially pivotal for quite a few characters, not just Cade. [face_thinking] :cool:

18. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    If Morrigan steals the book, how's divapilot gonna read it? :p Picking up her son's bad habits doesn't bode well. ;)

I agree - Gunner's due for some introspection on her worldview, as is Deliah. Morrigan/Nyna's also probably going to be making some readjustments with the way things are getting out of her control. As for Jeriah - who knows? 8-}

19. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    I definitely feel like Gunner's due for a moment.

20. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    I loved the Gunner-Cade face-off Way too much. I kept expecting him to go Sith-eye and he never quite did. And she is such a pit-bull too! Her pouts are fierce!

Then bam they have to fight together against outside threat and are finding it strangely comfy. Muwahaha. [face_dancing]

21. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    There's an app for that!

Dark Horse has announced the release of certain comics (including Legacy) via the iTunes App Store.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Features/Mobile

http://www.darkhorse.com/Press-Releases/1767/STAR-WARS-COMICS-ARRIVE-ON-THE-iPHONE-8-27-2009

And it seems like they did their homework: "Working together with Lucasfilm and THQ Wireless, Dark Horse Senior Editor Randy Stradley and Senior Web Designer Mike Denning carefully reformatted each panel and page to maximize the visual grandeur while staying true to the original comic books. All parties involved ensured that the material would transition to the new medium in the best format possible"

Not being lucky enough to own an iPhone yet myself, I'm not sure of the specifics of pricing (ie: one time fee for the app or paying for each individual series, each individual comic, etc.)

But it still looks pretty cool.

22. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Saw issue #40. :cool:

Looks like I guessed right - olor=black]Gromia figured out the connection between Nyna Calixte and Morrigan Corde via their appearances/disappearances, and she told Gunner before the latter offed the former. Gunner now knows her relationship to Morrigan and Cade. Whether she actually believes it is another story - which I imagine that J & J will eventually elaborate on. Hopefully. Heh. That'll probably mean some serious mother-daughter heart-to-heart talks. If they don't kill each other first. :p More seriously, we might find out just how much the two of them actually care about each other.

23. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    It's been announced that the KOTOR comics will be coming to an end with Issue #50. Personally, I love that decision. While I greatly enjoy the series and think there very well might be lots more story to tell, I am a huge fan of wrapping a story at a natural conclusion point decided by it's authors rather than letting a series linger simply for reasons of popularity or finances.

Of course, I can't help but notice that Legacy is quickly approaching that 50 number. I don't think that the series is ending any time soon (at least I hope it isn't), but it seems a good time for discussion: What would you like to see in Legacy before the series comes to an end? How many issues do you think it should have? What's the best thing you've seen in the story so far? What moment is your least favorite?

24. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Excuse me for a moment...

:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|

Ahem, okay -

Fortunately, John has said that there are no plans to end Legacy at this time, but those are excellent questions. *thinks*

25. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I don't think that Legacy should end before Cade decides how he will embrace his destiny.

I think Legacy should keep going until it has exhausted its story potential, no matter how many or how few issues that takes. I was always disappointed that the Marvel Star Wars run was cut short and a conclusion rushed for reasons other than story.

I can't really pinpoint a favorite or nonfavorite moment yet. I will have to reread. Right now my brain is too flu-addled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.