main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index LEGACY Comics Index and Discussion ~~The End Of An Era~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Legacy_Index, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Where was the time? No sooner do they show up than an assassination attempt and a Sith Imperial attack occur.

It's true that Felpire has had some success, but you specifically stated that the Imperial Knights were a greater threat to the Sith than the Jedi, not the Felpire in its entirety.

I think you're confusing fear with caution. The Jedi of the Hidden Temple are realists. Unlike the Imperial Knights, they are on their own, with only limited numbers, resources and no allies in a galaxy by and large hostile to them. Under those circumstances, it would be foolhardy to take on an opponent as formidable as the Sith.

If the Jedi are the cowards that you make them out to be, what?s the point of trying to reassemble Jedi Order? Issue #2 made it clear how dangerous it was for them to gather together. I'm inclined to think that the Jedi are simply biding their time and preparing for the right opportunity. That's what I infer from Tra'Saa's comment about the Imperial intrusion into the Hidden Temple: "Let us assume that this was intended."

By themselves, it would be generations before the Jedi could confront the Sith on a more equal footing, the same as it would be for the Imperial Knights if they didn?t have the Felpire and its hidden allies and sympathizers to back them. Not until Marasiah?s offer of an alliance to the Hidden Temple Jedi was there any indication that either the Felpire or the GA would welcome their help.

What good? Killing rank-and-file Sith doesn't change a thing. There's a lot more where those came from. [face_devil]

Or she changed her mind. Trees do have flexibility.:p The councilors evidently consult with the Force in making their decisions, and the future is always in motion. Given the risks, a unanimous decision among the trio is more likely.

That's not what I meant. I was referring to the Imperial use of a death threat to ensure the loyalty of its Force users. It?s not something that someone in a secure position would be likely to insist upon, and it implies a lack of trust in the Imperial Knights? integrity.

I don?t see why you insist on being so hard on the Jedi when you?re willing to give Roan Fel a pass on his questionable behavior. Do you really think that a purge is so easy to brush off? As you say, much of what the Jedi in hiding are doing is speculation.

We?ll just have to agree to disagree on a lot of things, won?t we, Robimus? ;):D That?s one of the most interesting aspects to Star Wars: Legacy ? all the discussions that it generates.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Actually I specifically stated that it was because of their(the Imperial Knights) association with the Fel Empire that they are a greater threat than the Jedi currently.:)

Individually, if we want to break it down, I'd suggest the Jedi are the stronger/larger group of Force users. If Master Dan is any indication a single Jedi might be more than the equivilant of a single Imperial Knight or Master(if I can be so bold as to proclaim Sinde the IK equivilant of a Jedi Master).

But the Jedi lack the logistical support of the IK's, thats why I feel the Sith likely aren't very concerned with them right now. Of course the Sith have had a change in ownership as well so many questions remain unanswered.:)

And I am very tough on the Jedi, I agree;) Not a fan of K'kruhk am I.[face_skull]

3. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    You don't seem too hot on Tra'Saa either. ;) Are they why you're so negative about the Jedi? And you say that I'm wielding too wide a brush as regards the Imperial Knights?

4. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Personally I hardly know who Tra'Saa is, short of her being a Dark Horse hold over from a prior series.

As for K'Kruhk, well much of my aprehension comes from where he was and what he was doing during Luke's ressurection of the Jedi Order. Maybe onve that story gets told I'll soften my stance a bit. Without that story he's completely absent, maybe hiding in a Hidden Temple somewhere when the galaxy needed him the most.(Be it with Palaptine or the Yuuzhan Vong).

Legacy is showing the Jedi as followers of leadership I'm unhappy with, that being Old Republic Jedi(the worst kind:p ).

I actually like Luke's Jedi Order very much, but not so much Yoda's. The jury is still out on K'Kruhk's.(If I can be so bold as to proclaim him the face of the Legacy Jedi Order).

5. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Anyone interested in this new Rogue Squadron tale from the good Admiral Nict?

http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/30809807/p1/?5

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Robimus: Thanks for posting that link! I need to add it and a couple of others to the index. :)

A lot of the folks who post here already know about this, but we found out this week that Legacy has been cancelled and # 50 will be the final issue.

:_|:_| :_|:_| :_|

Dark Horse has not made an official announcement (which makes absolutely no sense at all!) but John and Jan both confirmed that the solicit is correct.

Reader reaction has been strong and vocal and those of us who are disappointed have been encouraged to let Dark Horse know that we do not want the series to end. The DH Star Wars board is here and the thread about issue 50 is here.

There is also a Facebook group Save Star Wars Legacy and it's up to almost 200 members in less than a week. :cool: Join the cause!

I'd really rather be talking about issue #46. [face_love]

7. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    What?!

I had not heard that, and I am... kind of speechless right now. In shock? I can't believe it.

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm not sure as to how I feel about Legacy ending. On the one hand I love the series and I'd love to see it continue, but on the other I'm wondering where else they can go with it. It does seem like it's coming to a natural conclusion and it has been running for about five years or so now. I'll be sad to see it go, but I'll still have all the comics so I can still reread them all. As long as they give it the badass ending that it deserves then I'll be happy.

My only real concern is that my subscription will have several issues left after Legacy has ended. [face_worried]

9. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    I feel for you, Jedi Trace. [:D]

Like everyone else, the announcement via solicitation of the end to Star Wars: Legacy with #50 took me by surprise. I?ll be even more surprised if J&J manage to wrap up the many dangling plotlines in the four remaining issues. But you still got your heart?s desire in #46 with Cade and Blue, didn?t you? :D For that matter, so did I ? Deliah in a bandanna! :cool:

Have to admit, though, that I found Cade?s part in #46 to be decidedly anticlimactic, as there weren?t any bona fide revelations. Like it?s any surprise that he loves a gorgeous Zeltron who?s made him and his ship her career? Please. :rolleyes: Successfully thwarts a Sith plot and escapes an explosion unscathed? Par for the course.[face_frustrated] Goes on a one-man revenge campaign against the Sith? It appears to be the Darth Krayt assassination mission part II, or maybe Cade under the delusion that he?s Batman. :oops:

Deliah may be the best the of Cade as he claims, but that?s not saying much. I still think she?s got the short end of the stick as far as their relationship goes. His sole positive trait is his loyalty to friends: Cade?s still a self-centered, intellectually-challenged, drug addicted, immature mama?s boy. I say ?mama?s boy? because he?s so much like Morrigan/Nyna in character, especially with regard to romance. It?s easy enough to figure out why Deliah can inspire love from Cade (or Kol from Morrigan/Nyna), but what about vice versa? :confused:

Probably the only real surprise in #46 for me was that Draco actually stuck to doing his duty as an Imperial Knight in spite of Marasiah?s capture by the Sith :eek: ? a refreshing change from the lovesick swain depicted in the past issues. He?s been nearly as tedious as Cade in terms of character development.

I'd say that I can't wait to see what happens next, except that it just brings us that much closer to the end. :(

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I think the shocking revelation was not that Cade loves her but that he admitted it. And it wasn't that Cade foiled the Sith either, it was the way he did it. He's always gone close to Dark to do it but this time it was all light.

Also, he's not going after Krayt alone. The Jedi will be going, probably the Empire too. Cade might not be going as a Jedi but he won't be alone.

What does Cade have? He's hawt, he owns a ship, he's hawt, he's loyal to his friends, he's hawt, he's never given up on her, and did I mention that he's hawt?

Can I request that spoiler tags are used for longer when the next issue is out? At the moment we're still cut off by air due to the Icelandic death cloud, and that means no comics until it's gone. If it's gone by the time the normal spoiler tag time is over then it's fine, but if it hasn't then I'd like to ask that the tags are used until the cloud is gone and we can get our comics again.

11. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    karebear214: [:D][:D][:D]

I think what threw a LOT of people for a loop, was that it appears that this was not a 'planned' conclusion, so to speak. I talked to JJM at MidSouthCon this year and he said that he knew from the beginning of 2009 that KOTOR would be ending with #50 in 2010, so he had well over a year to plan and wrap up all his story lines.

When it was announced that KOTOR would end at #50, speculation started in this thread about Legacy maybe ending and John posted:
    That was just six months ago.

Today, Randy Stradley made the official announcement in Lit and said:
    No further explanations have been given as to who made the decision or why the plug was pulled on LEGACY and I doubt they ever will, but what makes me sad is that it sounds like they will not get to tell the entire story as they had originally planned it. :(

BUT, I am looking forward to the final four issues because I'm sure John and Jan will wrap it up with a bang.

YES, I DID!!!! :D [:D] I'm quite sure that I embarrassed myself by shouting about it all over the internet, but they're THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PAGES EVAH!! (TMBPE!) [face_love] [face_blush] [face_love]

Here are links to TMBPE! - but be warned: they're very spoilery!!

TMBPE! spoiler 1
    TMBPE! spoiler 2
    TMBPE! spoiler 3
    TMBPE! spoiler 4
    TMBPE! spoiler 5
    TMBPE! spoiler 6
    TMBPE! spoiler 7

*giddyhappyCadeliahfangirlpuddle*

SQUEE'ing aside, I just LOVE the way that scene was written/drawn. Remember how Mara was cured of the Vong disease? It's just that level of awesome!

Musing: And Jariah had some GREAT scenes, too. ;) [face_batting]

Sure! We haven't had

12. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Now I feel like I'm competent to join the discussion, though I still have mixed feelings.

Like most of us, the thing that disappoints me is that it was completely out of the blue. There was very little time for the creators to plan it, and that just sucks for them in multiple ways. I hope they have a project to move on to and they're not just getting the boot from Dark Horse.

Second, I will miss Legacy. A lot. It pulled me back into Star Wars just when I was drifting out in a huge way, and I'm honestly not sure what will serve that function now.

At the same time, though, 50 issues is a good run. I'll be honest, I'm not as "omg, I NEED my comics!!1!" now as I was when the series was just beginning, or even when this thread started. I'll wait a couple weeks, sometimes a month, to get the issue, instead of dropping everything and running to the comic shop. So I'll adjust to Legacy not being there. And there's still the whole series collected in my box for me to read whenever.

But speaking of my comic box - Legacy was important to me in that it got me functioning as an independent comic reader, rather than a leech off my dad's collection (though I still do that too). I now go into the store on my own, buy my own comics (and not just Star Wars), make my own pull-list, and bag-and-box my own collection. Legacy made comics, for me, a hobby that will keep going even after it stops.

I wonder, has anyone read some of the newer Star Wars series? Invasion? Will you start?

You know what else I'll miss? The community we've formed here in this thread. I know we'll still be here on the boards as a whole, but as a common gathering place with some totally rad discussion, the Legacy Index will be missed.

International Free Comic Book Day is May 1. Enjoy it.

13. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    I?d have to disagree with you on a number of points, moosemousse.

Cade already told Deliah that in issue #23. In Huttese, no less. :p

Darth Maladi was driven off when he attacked her mentally ? not a Light Side move, IMO. And Cade healed Deliah only after having the obvious pointed out to him by Wolf Sazen i.e. using the Dark Side wasn?t working. :oops:

The solicitation for #48 says that Cade?s ?determined to be a one-Jedi army of vengeance.? That doesn?t sound like he?s allying himself with anybody in waging war on the Sith. For that matter, a Jedi bent on vengeance is an oxymoron. ?I?m the Sith?s worst nightmare? ? Cade?s gone Batman! 8-}

A guy who?s ?hawt? ?hawt? ?hawt? ?hawt? can burn other people pretty badly ? see Azlyn Rae. If by ?her,? you mean the Mynock ? OK, I?ll give you that. But if you?re referring to Blue, Cade dumped her at end of issue #6. He also admitted in issue #46 that he tried to drive her away; Blue?s the one who didn?t give up on him, but it?s a mystery as to why she stuck with someone who?s given her ?a big pile of hurt.?

I already tried the first five issues of Invasion, but it didn't really hold my interest.

There hasn't been too many of us here - most fans seem to prefer the "Bringin' Sexy Back..." thread - but we've certainly had some hot debates here. [face_coffee] :)

14. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002

You're right, but we were here first (I'm pretty sure), so this is what I stick with [face_peace]

15. Legacy_Index

Legacy_Index Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2007
    Housekeeping: Gotten behind on the Indexing, for sure, but "Against All Odds" by AdmiralNick22 and "Those Left Behind" by Robimus have both been added, and are both Legacy-Index certified good readin'!

Has the Index missed any other stories? Send a PM to let us know!

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't remember that, and probably missed if it, seeing as I don't speak Huttese.

I meant with the healing Deliah. Instead of healing her with the Dark Side like he used to he healed her with the Light Side.

I said he wasn't going to be doing it alone, not that he was allying himself with anyone. I think there's a big difference.

He has always helped her when she's needed it though. Think of all the times when he's saved her.
    I'm also kinda sure that it wasn't Cade who hurt Azlyn either. I seem to remember a Sith shocking her with lightening or something like that. True it was Cade who insisted on having her put in a suit but it was because he didn't want her to die.

17. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Ditto. I didn't even know where to find a comic shop in my town when I started reading Legacy and now I have three boxes full of monthlies and a bookcase for TPBs. I haven't branched out in HUGE directions yet, but I've got a few non-SW titles in my hold box now.

There's a Legacy tribute thread in Lit and it's amazing to see how many folks were not comic readers before Legacy. :cool:

I had both Dark Times and Invasion removed from my monthly pull list when I went to the LCS today. Invasion was okay and I'll probably get the TPBs in the future, but it just didn't hold my interest enough to buy it month to month. However, I will definitely read JJM's Knight Errant when it kicks off this fall!

This thread is where we met. [:D] And you're right. We're a small group, but we've made friendships here that wouldn't have developed without this series. [face_love] [:D]

But we're not going anywhere! And maybe without our monthly fixes, there will be more stories here on the boards. ;)

[link=http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/16-338/Star-Wars-Legacy-47----The-Fate-of-Dac][u][b][color=green]Issue 47: The Fate of Dac[/color][/b][/u][/link] [b]came out today. [/b] Please remember to [b]black out spoilers[/b] until we've all had a chance to read it. [face_peace]

[hr]

18. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002

I really want to like Dark Times, but the delays are just unforgivable!

19. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002

Hell, it worked for me. After months, I'm back in the game with a new Legacy fic.

Like practically everything else I write, it started as one thing and turned into something else, but I'm happy with the way it turned out anyway.

Because You Hurt

It features Cade and Deliah's daughter - Trace, this one's for you.

20. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    For me Legacy made the trip to the comic store worthwhile.

Yes I enjoy Dark Times a lot, I think its a great character study about Dass Jennir, but I never would have even found it without Legacy.

Invasion I found very weak and I dropped it after 4 issues. I've never had an interest in the KotOR era beyond the games, so having a new comic in that era(or two since we'll likely have something for The Old Republic video game as well as Knight Errand) does zippo for me.

Basically I'll now be making one trip to the comic store every two months or so(and hopefully Doug's promise of a more timely delivery happens, though I wouldn't be shattered if it doesn't) for Dark Times after Legacy wraps up.

21. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I heart you, K! [:D]=D=

I liked him in Path to Nowhere, but just could not get back into the story after VECTOR. I?m going to wait until the Blue Harvest arc is finished and read it all at once. Sometimes, they?re just better that way.

22. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I am waiting on the Blue Harvest arc to finish being published before reading it, too. It's just been far too long between issues with too many delays that my brain doesn't remember where the story left off when the next issue finally arrives.

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    It is the beginning of the end, my friends. @};- The first issue of the final arc comes out today:

[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/16/16989.jpg]
    Legacy 48: "Extremes" part 1 of 3

Discussion question:

With only 3 issues left, what are your hopes and/or speculations for the conclusion of LEGACY?

Also, please remember to BLACK OUT ALL SPOILERS for today's issue.

24. Zadann_MaRanna

Zadann_MaRanna Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2009
    :D Hi everybody.

Title: Oath of Knights
    Link: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/30948754/p1/
    Author(s): Zadann_MaRanna
    Timeframe: 127-137 ABY( Legacy Era)
    Characters: Kelen Tre'en(OC), Rogen Sammick(OC), and many many more OC's and pre-existing characters
    Genre: Action, Adventure, EU
    Keywords: Legacy, OC, One Sith, Galactic Empire & Galactic Republic( + remnants), Imperial Knights, Sith, Jedi
    Summary:A training Imperial Knight, Kelen Tre'en and his master Rogen Sammick, along with the Fel Empire think their enemies are the Galactic Republic; sympathizers of the Yuuzhan Vong. But what they don't expect until the end is their "partners", the One Sith, to betray them.
    Notes: A three-part series spanning ten years.

25. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Welcome, Zadann_MaRanna and thanks for the info! We'll add it to the Index shortly. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.