main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Legacy Era: Cade Skywalker Discussion Board- Legacy #15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LastHope06, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LastHope06

LastHope06 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2006
    Heir to the Skywalker Legacy: A Cade Skywalker Discussion Board

Special note: please send any PMs to AniriRevan. Thank you.

Set more than a century after the events of Return of the Jedi, Legacy is set in a galaxy held in thrall by a resurgent Empire seeking to destroy the last of the Jedi. Even as their power is failing, the Jedi hold onto one final hope: the last remaining heir to the Skywalker legacy.

This board is dedicated to that last remaining hope, Cade Skywalker.

[image=http://starwars.wikia.com/images/4/47/CD1.jpg]

Bio:
    (Spoiler Warning)

Cade Skywalker is a bounty hunter, the former Jedi Padawan of Wolf Sazen and later a pirate. He was the son of Kol Skywalker and a direct descendant of Anakin Skywalker (presumably via Anakin's grandson, Ben).

The son of a powerful member of the Jedi Council, Cade was trained as a Jedi from an early age. Eventually he was apprenticed to his father's former apprentice Wolf Sazen.

As a fourteen year-old Padawan 130 ABY, Cade was involved in the battle to defend the Jedi Praxeum on Ossus from the Sith. His master Wolf Sazen ordered Cade and Shado Vao to evacuate the planet in a Jedi Shuttle full of younglings. However, Cade desperately wanted to stay and fight with his father, Kol. He argued the point, but eventually obeyed his father and went to the shuttle.

Just after boarding the shuttle, Cade sensed that his master had been struck down, and that his father was now fighting the Sith alone. Much to Shado's dismay, Cade left the shuttle to fight by his father's side.

As soon as Cade joined Kol however, he was ordered to take Wolf back to the shuttle. Cade was devastated, but did as he was told. Aboard the shuttle which was now leaving Ossus, Wolf died in the arms of Cade. Cade could not accept that however, and resorted to using Force lightning to successfully revive his master.

At that point, Cade felt the death of his father. Overwhelmed with anger, Cade promised revenge on the Sith that had murdered Kol. Cade left the shuttle one final time in a X-83 TwinTail starfighter, to kill the Sith. He cleared a path for the shuttle, in an effort to allow its escape into hyperspace. Cade's fighter was shot down by a Predator-class fighter, though he managed to survive.

When Cade revived his master with Force lightning, Darth Krayt sensed a dark murmur in the Force, and recognized that it came from a Jedi, not a Sith. Krayt vowed to find this Jedi and lure him completely to the dark side. At some point not long after the massacre, the pirate Rav found Cade's ship floating in the debris around the planet. It was his future crewman Jariah Syn who convinced Rav to rescue Cade. Soon after, he apprenticed himself to Rav and joined his crew.

Some years passed after the Massacre at Ossus, and Cade had freed himself from Rav's debt. Cade had become captain of a light freighter called the Mynock whose crew included Deliah Blue, ship's mechanic, and co-pilot Jariah Syn. He hid both his last name and his Jedi ability from everyone who knew him, especially his crewmates. One of Cade and his crew's favorite haunts during this time was Rik's Cantina on Coruscant, a notorious meeting place for various underworld denizens.

Around 137 ABY the crew of the Mynock were contracted by Rav to locate bond-skipper Naxy Screeger on the planet Lok. After locating him, the group also came across a Jedi healer named Hosk Tre'lyis. Cade prevented Syn from killing the Jedi, seemingly because Jedi were worth more alive than dead. The group left Lok with both Screeger and Tre'lyis in tow. After turning in their bounties on Socorro, Rav paid them in deathsticks, which, though pleasing Cade, enraged the rest of the crew.

Around this time Cade was being haunted by the force ghost of his ancestor Luke Skywalker, who was pleading for Cade to return to his Jedi legacy. However, Cade was growing incr

2. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Hey,

As long as it's a discussion thread, I feel that expressing my two cents will be justified :)

Maybe it's just me, but the promotion of Cade Skywalker (His portrait) looks kind of wrong for a Skywalker. He looks very agressive. His facial mein is too agressive for my liking. He looks like a buffed up bully. pardon the expression.

Luke's wide eyed innocence is nowhere to be found. I fail to imagine a male Mara looking anywhere near like that.

Now if this guy were Jacen... then okay.

Mu

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Well, as generations go by, looks are gonna change. The Skywalker genes won't always be dominant.

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    If this is only a century after RotJ, then I assume that Cade is probably Ben's grandson, assuming Ben had children at an earlier age than his father.

I don't read comics, but I'm interested in seeing where they go with Cade. :)

5. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    I agree we are talking at least two maybe three generations after Luke, so he doesn't have to favor Luke all that much.

6. JacenSolo89

JacenSolo89 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2005
    Well, not only that, but he is also a pirate. I would figure it would make him kind of mean or aggressive...or, it may have been something he did in the past as a Jedi...maybe he did something wrong and that made him leave...maybe he blamed himself for a death?

And, also, he doesn't have the traditional Skywalker eye color, blue. He has Mara's eyes, which, I kind of like because that's my eye color, but, also kind of wierd, seeing a boy Skywalker with green instead of blue eyes...weird

7. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    Actually I think that Cade also has blue eyes. I think that is a Skywalker male family trait. But could you imagine if on was born with sith-like yellow eyes? Then we could never tell if he was light or dark. :p

jacky

8. JacenSolo89

Oct 22, 2005
    Well, everyone else thinks its green that I've seen observe this character. I tried looking closely at them and I can't really tell...I mean, it would be kinda original, ya know? Excluding Jacen, all the rest of the talented Skywalker boys have had blue eyes (Jacen has brown, and, he is talented) Some people have said green, some others have said blue...I'll go with hazel, since that's in between haha!

And, jackkky, I have that link for you on Ben on Legacy Child's thread. You said you wanted it.

9. JacenSolo89

Oct 22, 2005
    Axtually, I kinda just looked at it...it looks like the right eye is blue, but the left eye is green...uh oh...I dunno, that's just what I see...maybe I'm blind.

10. jackyyy17

Jan 12, 2006
    I think his eyes are green. They don't look that blue to me. I guess we'll have to wait till we can get more info.

jacky

11. JacenSolo89

Oct 22, 2005
    That'd be cool if he had Mara's eyes. It would be an opposite of Ben. Had his father's eyes (not exactly, but still blue) and his mother's hair, and Cade has Luke's hair, and Mara's eyes...that'd be kinda cool.

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    He looks kind of like Anakin facially. Very agressive and angry.

13. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Juliet's views reflect my point. Be noted that the passage below is only my humble opinion, and no offense to the opinion of others are intended.

You see, even knowing about the idiom that one should not judge a book by its cover doesn't help Cade here.

The analogy is putting an image of Emperor Palpatine up and telling us that he is Luke's great great great grandson. It just won't work.

To be honest, I have a feeling that LucasBooks in publishing Legacy is trying to attract the vigilante wantabees in the world to Star Wars. They are introducing a protagonist (Cade) in Legacy to show a big and bad vigilante force user fighting for the 'good' side.

Sure, Cade might have had a tragic history which drove him mad or psycho, but that's no excuse for living as a smuggler/pirate. If he was really Luke's offspring, he should be part of a Rebellion against the new evil empire. If he really is worthy of the Skywalker name, he would be either leading the rebellion or should have died when the rest of the Skywalker/Solo clan fell. You can argue that he is biding his time even as he's hiding, but obviously that's not what he's doing (He rejects the Jedi, and runs around playing blood thirsty pirates). He's acting all big and bad but really all he's doing is betraying the big three's memories.

Hiding behind a pseudo Mandalorian tatoo won't save you. Cade as described doesn't generate a lot of sympathy from me, I can tell you that. He brings shame to the Skywalker name, and the fact that he hides his last name shows that he knows it.

It would have been better if the big three and their legacy died in the Yuuzhan Vong war against alien invaders.

I hope LucasBooks change their minds and make Legacy an infinities comic (non canon).

Mu

14. JacenSolo89

Oct 22, 2005
    The story is fine, but the thing about this Skywalker is special...

Finally a Skywalker who resents the Jedi. Ben was close to it, but then went on the path. I don't think Cade will be a cold blooded pirate. I think he'll be similar to what Han Solo was, but with Jedi powers. Reminds me of KOTOR 2 with the Jedi Exile.

But, I think the story will be more complicated that what you said, DARTH_MU. Being the leader of a rebellion would make Cade become noticed, drawing these new Sith to him and most likely killing him. It would be foolish to lead such a thing. And, I believe he did something as a Jedi to make him resent the Force altogether (being the cause of a death, felt too much death, believed that the Force was the reason his whole family is dead, etc.) He probably has a good reason for rejecting his the legacy that was brought on him. He's probably not as big and bad as you think. Maybe he is just scared of being famous because his last name was Skywalker. And, the pirates are probably a type of rebellion against the new Empire, anyway. But, he'll also probably go back to the Jedi and learn to accept. I think this story will also be a self-discovery type thing, where he'll discover alot about himself and learn to be proud of his family. It will take time, but it will most likely happen.

And, it's not gonna become an Inifinities comic. Trust me, that would be dumb. I think this will prove to be a very interesting story, to be quite honest, and you should at least read several issues before you start judging it. It's not even out yet. Give it a chance.

15. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    You know, I've just recently caught wind of this new series in the EU (don't keep up with the comics much), but it's kind of hard to miss. Thought I'd take a gander and see what it was all about. After seeing the pics they've released, I couldn't help but be reminded of someone.

[image=http://www.moviebus.com/pics/rollcredits/wilson_owen.jpg]

Some resemblance, no? :p

16. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    uhhg I hate the way the post ROTJ EU is sorta leading everyone away from the core story and characters. But it's still nice to see another Skywalker. Though that pic of him in the first post is kinda creepy.

17. jackyyy17

Jan 12, 2006
    Is it just me, or does Cade look a lot like Owen Wilson??

[image=http://www.moviebus.com/pics/rollcredits/wilson_owen.jpg]

18. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Hey you're right he does!

19. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002

Yeah, it is. That was my point. :p

20. jackyyy17

Jan 12, 2006
    Sorry Bri. My computer doesn't show the pictures, so I didn't know you posted one of him. [face_blush]

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I am ANXIOUSLY waiting my Legacy comic. I have my local comic book store holding all SW comics for me and I cannot wait until this one shows up! :p

22. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I for one gonna' shake my fist at comic book store "buddy" MammaV, 'cause I really don't check out too much on the internet about upcoming SW comics, cause he does that for me.

Needless to say this is NEWS to me, and I'm kind of intrigued. Yeah, he looks like Mara and Luke's son Ben got together with Owen Wilson's daughter; but the idea of a rogue Skywalker - think about it.

Luke was son of Anakin/Vader...what a Legacy! Then poor Ben, son to the popular opinions' savior of the galaxy, think of what kind of pressure he's gonna' feel in the upcoming years.

Now we have a guy that sounds like he's sick of the name being held over his head like a blessing/curse...verrrry interesting!
    [face_thinking]

P.S. - Does it mean I'm out of touch when the title of this thread made me think someone wrote a Skywalker OC, and it was popular enough to warrant a discussion thread?!?!

It was like when I found out MTV doesn't play music videos anymore...
    [face_frustrated]Boy did I feel old...

23. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I personally like the idea of a bad boy skywalker. I can't wait till i get a hold of a comic about Cade! Also what happened to make all the skywalker family die. Did some author kill them all off? I didn't think george lucas would agree to having all the main characters killed off at once but then it has been 100 years so they probably died at different time. I am fascinated by the skywalker family tree! Also wouldn't Allana at least be still alive?

24. jackyyy17

Jan 12, 2006
    I think I read somewhere that there might still be other Skywalkers alive, but they wouldn't have part in the comics. They would be too old, or something.

I can't find the site though. But if I find it again, I'll post it.

25. JacenSolo89

Oct 22, 2005
    May or may not...

But I'm guessing when Cade left, some Dark Jedi started some sort of a war and the Jedi fought against them, probably losing terribly and losing all of the skywalkers who were participating (Ben's son and maybe Ben himself...)

Then Cade comes back after they're dead to kick some Sith ass!

That's what I'm predicting, anyway.

I wonder what type of saber color Cade will have/had. Blue? Green? I'm thinking either blue or green.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.