main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Why am I more excited about this than I was when I heard about Episode VII?

Dark Horse, when are you not cool?

2. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

3. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Can you point us to where? His profile says he's only posted twice, both of which can be found here and neither of which say it's a monthly... [face_thinking]

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Not seeing that.

Edit: Jeff, you ninja bastard.

5. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Zorrixor and Manisphere like this.
  6. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Boom. Well, that's settled. =D=

7. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Theirs always someone who throws a monkey in the wrench by saying ''With the possibility of the Star Wars comics licence moving back to Marvel, due to Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm, this series may not be around for very long'' .... I really hope that's not the case, but then again who knows [face_dunno]

8. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    It's not unprecedented for one series to start in one company and continuie in another. Not saying Disney would do that, either way Dark Horse will have a good 2 and half years of comics to sell. So Legacy will have a decent run.

Also interesting that the heirs of Siegal and Shuster got some of the rights back to Superman they could actually sell to Marvel and Marvel could make Superman comics. Nothing to do with Star Wars, but mind blowing idea regardless. :)

9. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    The heirs are never going to win.

10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Drawing Mon Cals is a plus in my book, as you might imagine. [face_batting]

--Adm. Nick

11. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Why Would Disney give Marvel Star Wars? they usually dont interfare with individual properties.

After all is marvel publishing Ducktales, or Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, or Micky Mouse?

that wasn rhetorical, I am actually asking.

12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'll give this a shot.

13. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Be interesting to see where this fits relative to First Legacy. At minimum Cade has to be Great Grandson of Luke so these could be during the same time or it could be earlier.

14. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    If Allana is the solo's grand daughter, her children would be their Great grand children, and their chidren great great grand children. Solo's tend to have kids young, Mid twenties... As Jacen was what 24 when Allana was born? and Leia was...around the same age? or slightly younger?

15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    The Legacy series is the only comic series I respect in Star Wars, highly.

First Episode VII announced, then this?!? It's like Star Wars is back on a high. For a fan, this is amazing news. Though I'm no where near as shocked as I was when the ST was announced two months ago.

16. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    No love for KOTOR, Knight Errant or Rebellion

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Leia's not a Solo, and Jaina and Han are outliers. I don't think there's such a trend.

18. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Dave Wilkins's signature is awesome. The W looks like Wolverine had something to say about the D.

Also, the guy in the top left totally looks like Baron. I'm thinking Hav may be right about him being Fel II and the protagonist being Roan's sister. Will we get a look at the pre-Sith-Imperial War galaxy? I hope so; Dark Horse would do so much better with that era than would Del Rey.

19. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Leia Organa Solo ?

20. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    im looking forward to that big lightsaber duel in the opening issue.

21. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Ok so we still have no idea where Cade is in the family tree? We cant even math it out?

22. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    True enough Leia is not a Solo, But "Da POWHA" isnt from Han's....line its from Leia's. Han could be seen as an Everyman, he has become neither a Statesman, or a great lord of Finance (Like Lando), he is a simple adventurer. I mean, besides being "oh thats neet" why is it theamaticly necessary that this new lead is Han's decendent?

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    edit: Sure, but then it's the Skywalker legacy that Leia's carrying. And even then, Luke had a child fairly late.

Basically I don't think you can use two characters and call it a trend with all of these things that disprove the alleged tendency.

24. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i wonder if they will follow the formula for older characters appearing sporadically like Luke did in the Original Legacy Comic. i wouldn't mind seeing at least ONE Skywalker appearing.

25. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Hopefully things can now be rectified by Luke waking up and telling Ben he had the craziest dream.

Jedi_Glover likes this.