main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I hope the droids are in it.

2. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    You have all the luck. I got so excited, I sharted.

3. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    well... anything against women with women?

Zorrixor likes this.
  4. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I have a new goal: finish the NJO and Legacy before this new series starts.

Rew likes this.
  5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Thinking it over... with a Mon Cal on the cover... and the author saying it's "Volume II"... I'm going to take an educated guess that this is AFTER the events of Legacy: War.

6. Tinwe

Tinwe Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    I'm. So. Happy. Right. Now. :D More female leads = big YAY! =D= I shall proceed to my happy dance... [face_dancing][face_party]

krtmd likes this.
  7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Ah, wonderful news! I haven't been following the Star Wars comics that closely since Legacy ended (only pick up an issue here or there instead of EVERY issue), but with these news, I'm feeling ready to jump back in! [face_party]
    Sure, I'll miss John and Jan, but I'm sure other writers and artists can do this era justice.

Now, let's just hope it works with the ST. ;)

8. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    The era has a lot of potential. Good fun, go imperials.

GOD I HOPE NOT!!!!

9. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Well, if it is a "great-granddaughter", then it has to be Allana's daughter, or perhaps even part of the Fel dynasty, depending on when Jaina has a kid, who has a kid.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Or perhaps it's not literally a great-granddaughter, just implying that it's quite a few generations removed from Han and Leia. Could also be a sister or cousin of Roan's, if she literally is a great-granddaughter.

11. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Whoops, you're right--I misread that as "great great granddaughter."

Interesting, though. Allana would be approximately 100+ years old by Legacy, so her daughter would have to be in her 50s-60s at least. Yet the illustration shows a woman who looks like she's in her 20s.

Unless it's Jaina's granddaughter, but I think with the Fels we've pretty much covered her progeny in the earlier Legacy series.

EDIT:
    And now I see Havac has already covered this on the second page, and did a much better job than my fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants approach here. :p

12. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I'm really excited about this! I've been psyched about the new SW series starting next month, and now this. Cool! I'm also glad to see Han and Leia's legacy being told too. And, one thought that I keep having is why does everyone assume that people in the SW universe only have one or two kids? For all we know, Jaina and Jag could have 4+ kids, Allana could also end up having multiple kids, Ben Skywalker could have had multiple kids, etc. We only know about a few members of those families, but there could be more that we don't know. I'd like to find out that Cade Skywalker eventually has a few kids of his own and the Skywalker line continues way into the future. I think that would be pretty cool to see bigger families (oh, and just so you know, I, personally, only have one brother and only have two kids of my own...so it's not to see people like myself better represented in the SWU).

On another note, did anyone else think "Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa" when they saw that cover?

Lastly, Thank You to Gabriel and Randy for posting here! I love it when authors/artists, publishers, etc. talk to us fans!

13. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    I, for one, am very excited. I hope that just because we're seeing new characters that we can still see some of Cade and co. Bringing Legacy back, however, opens a door to an entire era that I missed when it went away. I hope we see some more about Hondo Karr and his Mando quest as well.

Gabriel, thanks for stopping by. We nerds love it when creators hang with us. It gives us a chance to touch the magic. You'll find that the most beloved authors and artists (Stover, Jan, John, ect) are those who are the most accessible. That isn't meant to put preassure on you to post around here, but just to point out how much it means to us to have you guys kickin' around.

Good luck with the book. I really look foward to the artwork. I'm a bit of an artist myself, so peeps that can draw comics always draw my admiration and jealousy (i've never been good at drawing sequentially).

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I thought "Ken Watanabe", "Zooey Deschanel" and "Ackbar" "Nick". :p

AdmiralNick22 and Zorrixor like this.
  15. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    My enthusiasm is somewhat dampened by the fact that it won't been John/Jan doing it. But I'll check it out anyway. The poster image is very promising.

16. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    We're in advanced contract talks about the possibility of myself and TEH HAT returning. Stay tuned.

Cronal likes this.
  17. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    And many Bothans died to give us this information...

GrandMasterKatarn and Cronal like this.
  18. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    I'm curious as to how this will fit in with the new movies. As far as I know, this is the first project announced post merger. I wonder if Dark Horse knows some stuff that we dont :D

19. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    BTW: I read the Boom! POTA series. Loved the art, wasn't impressed by the writing although the story was solid.

20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Randy already commented that this has been in the works since well before the ST announcement.
    I thought that too, despite the fact that, biologically, it makes no sense. :p

21. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Still reading through the thread but I am pleasantly surprised to hear this and look forward to it. I actually ended up reading Legacy quite late in its run but will definately be picking this one up when it starts. Kind of like the concept though do wonder whether they are set in the midst of Legacy or post-Legacy. Hoping to see post-Legacy developments personally like what happened to the Mandos or what happened after the One Sith fragmented etc etc. Oh and some Vong... must see some Yuuzhan Vong! You know, its funny but when I look at this new series, I get the image of that abandoned plotline for Force Unleashed where it was going to be set in the future with a Skywalker descendant getting in trouble due to a Solo descendant. Not saying its a copy of that but I just like this idea of descendants down the line... and good to see a new female lead also.

EDIT: I am actually kind of hoping she is Allana's daughter or granddaughter so we get to see a bit of Hapes. Would be a wonderful opportunity to see the Hapans in comic form since we hardly see much from Consortium space and this would be a good opportunity.

22. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I hope there's a Star Destroyer named the Vitor Reige.

cthugha likes this.
  23. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    That's it! I knew she looked familiar somehow!

24. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Solo descendant...potential Force-less rogue, living on the jagged edge...

Who else thinks she'll be flying the Falcon? [face_mischief]

Samayel_, Zeta1127, cthugha and 3 others like this.
  25. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Ooooooooooooooohhh....!!! This.

It has to be This.

(And what about flying the Falcon... with Lowie?)

CooperTFN likes this.