main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Legacy of the Force: The Last Stand

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 4, 2019.

1. The Real Kyp Durron

The Real Kyp Durron Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2018
    IC Mirax Horn, Corran Horn, Kyp Durron (thank you to @Corellian_Outrider for this fun)
    Space Near Kuat System

“Mirax, go high, distract them, don’t think they know I’m here, com silence.” The Jedi Master said as he dropped the X Wing out of the Pulsar Skates rear, knowing full well he was going to get some sort of bite.

"Yes, dear." Her tone dripped with saccharin.

He could picture her eyes rolling and made him smirk.

“Ok Whistler show me what you have.”

The screen lit up with the three incoming ships on the far side of their connection, he smiled. They were above to pass over head of their ally craft. Timing the distance, he dived out of the Pulsar Skate's sensor shadow and slipped under the incoming larger craft.

Over the com he heard Mirax address the attacking fighters "-cease your hostilities or be fired upon."

He didn't pay attention to the comm traffic, he didn't need to hear what they were saying, either side. Hugging close he accelerated out the other side to shoot past underneath the incoming E-Wings before rolling over and executing a 180 degree turn to come up on their tails.

It all happened so fast they didn't have to time to react even if they'd seen him. Corran's words echoed in his mind 'Just make sure they can still buy you a drink afterwards when this all blows over', he cursed.

"Always making it tough" he muttered as he concentrated.

Slowing to match speed with the E-Wings, he focused on the Lead ship's sublight engines. He was familiar with the workings of these crafts and he could visualise the inner workings, the individual components. Lifting his hand, he made a twisting motion with it.

The first ship began to dive down, but there was a minor explosion in its tail, he smiled, that was the desired effect.

"One down," he swallowed, this was difficult, but he could do it.

Once again he concentrated on the second ship, but it was rolling now off to port. This time he made a sharp pulling motion. The result was instant, as the rear of the ship exploded, leaving the craft dead in space. The third had engaged the Pulsar Skate, in his mind, his work was done. He opened a comm.

"All yours Corran, and try to be neat."

"That was rude." Mirax said under her breath after the response from the Galactic Alliance pilots.

"At least we got their attention away from the Resolve." Corran remarked to Mirax as they had just scattered the E-Wings away from the Jedi craft like a Corellian Sand Panther pouncing upon a flock of Banshees.

"We just need to keep us in their thoughts for a moment longer then." Mirax responded.

They heard from their contact. “Engines seem fine, but shields are down 34%. We can probably take another pass before we start taking damage.”

"Glad to hear," Mirax responded. "It'll be over before you know it."

One of the E-Wings veered off, showing signs of damage. Mirax frowned, there had been no shots fired from the X-Wing.

"Show off." Corran muttered as he fire a warning shot just ahead of his own target to dissuade them from continuing pursuit of the Jedi ship. Each shot forced the E-Wing pilot to react to where Corran wanted it.

The felt a thud and Pulsar Skate's shields flared briefly. Mirax rolled and dived the ship, "Stop toying with him."

Over the comm came Kyp's satisfied voice. "All yours Corran, and try to be neat."

"Thought you'd never ask." Corran cleared his mind. He took a deep breath, exhaled, then depressed the trigger.

The bolts laced out and clipped the port side support strut and scorched along the E-Wing's fuselage, damaging the power and shield generators. Corran watched as the hull flared briefly before the vacuum of space cooled the wound and the fighter drifted.

"Nice shot, both of you" Mirax said to Corran and Kyp. She then opened channel to the Jedi Tender "Resolve, you are all clear for the moment. What is your status?"

TAG @Sinrebirth

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Loriana Starskimmer, on the Ocean

Loriana felt a sympathetic pang at Syal Antilles' comments about wars dividing families. So much devastation - and who knew what if any of it could be healed after the "victory"...

Loriana noticed her squadron assignment and berthing arrangements, as well as the alert of a briefing in an hour.

The Wraiths! The original squadron of that name were still legendary, Loriana thought with a rush of anticipation.

She glanced at Syal and Rhoen Aquilla with a soft smile. "Guess I'd better get my gear stowed and situated before this first briefing."

TAG:
    @Sinrebirth \ @galacticvagabond-422

3. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    IC: Adam Lyons

Adam walked down to the hanger that served as his impromptu headquarters. Not that it was much of a secret among his Corellian friends, Wedge, Syal, and Myri used it to allow Wedge to teach his daughters how to fly. Myn and Kirney used it to store craft that they weren’t using at the time. Right now, there were only two starfighters and a shuttle stored in this hanger. When Adam asked, Kirney only smiled and said, “In case I need to make a crazy rescue with a couple of other crazy people.

The reason Adam was using it was that it was a nice, secluded place for him to base his consulting job from. Fortunately, this company actually listened to him, so when they came to him about potential bases to continue the business operations, since conflict is usually pretty good for business except when it’s on your doorstep. Adam was able to recommend a couple of places that hopefully few people would think about. They weren’t big enough to design their own starfighters yet, but they were big enough to modify starfighters and have enough spare parts to build existing designs. Adam brought in Donoslane Excursions mechanic Cubber Daine to make sure that the company wasn’t creating mechanical nightmares.

Speak of the Devil... Adam looked at Cubber’s toothy grin, Uh-oh...

Adam, did his best to mask his expression, “Any changes so far?

A few, my partner in crime will explain them.

Adam looked over and saw Kirney Slane, Oh sithspawn...

She smiled viciously at his expression, “Since we’re working on the impression of maximum paranoia, we need to change a few things that will make it a bit more dangerous for you...

Adam sighed, Great, just what I needed...

TAG: Sinre/All

4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rhoen Aquilla
    Aboard the Ocean

Rhoen nodded his head toward Loriana, though he caught the other woman falling forward out the corner of his eye. His reflexes took over turning on his foot to face her and reaching out his hands to catch her. Thankfully somewhere in his mind he had the thought to lightly wrap his hands around the outside of her shoulders, not anywhere that would be considered improper. That didn't stop the front of her shoulder from hitting his chest nearly hard enough to bowl him over. With luck he had his feet planted and didn't get knocked off them, though his torso did bend a little as he absorbed the impact.

"Sorry," the woman started and Rhoen gave a smile as he released her. "I’m trying to find someone. Some of the techs from the Mawrunner came over with us, because the Aleph’s," Aleph-class starfighter a dual seater with some serious firepower when the weapons fired. They were still in a bit of the testing phase. "are still prototypes and none of the ordinary techs want to touch them."

"Yeah, a lot of techs don't like new things." He replied putting out his hand. "Rhoen Aquilla."

"I’m Syal Antilles. Yes, that Antilles," Rhoen's brain shut down his hands instantly moved to his side looking for pockets to shove them into. He felt like he broke protocol, like he touched the person of a royal without permission. Everything was a bit of a blur as his mind raced hoping that he hadn't just made a enemy or made some other mistake. He didn't really notice her question about what squadron they were with.

His datapad dinged and it seemed yes he was working with the Wraiths, with Loriana. They were wingmates and bunkmates it seemed. His eyes widened just a little.

He was quiet for a moment mind still processing, working with the daughter of the best pilot in the galaxy. How many more legends or the children of legends would he be meeting on this venture.

"Uh...Yeah, should get our stuff put away." He gave Loriana a slight grin. "You heading our way?" He asked of Antilles.

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sinrebirth

5. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Side character approved!

Name: Ariadne "Tricks" Stark
    Species: Human
    Personal effects: Issue uniform and blaster, inexpensive but stylish jewelry and clothing, a handwritten private journal, a holoplayer full of music
    Personal starfighter: X-wing, blue and black detailing
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio:
    Born in the upper class of the core worlds, with an accent to match, Ariadne wanted out from the beginning, and found a way by joining the starfighter corps as young as she possibly could. While in her younger days she had a reputation for some dangerous flying, her penchant for death-defying stunts is mostly behind her now, her time more occupied with paperwork than flying. But her admiration for the Wild Knightz, the Twin Suns-- and the trouble they used to get into-- remains. When hearing they were to be reassembled, Tricks requested an immediate transfer, hoping to rediscover some action and excitement in these troubling days.

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adrian Malek, Beka Tiarri, Jesse Coulson, Da'mina Shonest, Ariadne Stark, Adalia Tehanis
    Adalias Office - The Ocean. (best combo team ever!!)

Adalia had met her team briefly, nothing special, mostly kids in her mind and she now sat in the office she'd been assigned. It wasn't large and she was sure Aden had picked it as it was dirty and smelled of something, she just couldn't put her finger on. He'd not made an appearance as yet, but her gut knew he was nearby, like an in built 'danger' warning system. He was danger to her, and probably one of the only people on the galaxy that could un-nerve her.

She was waiting, she wanted a meeting with her Leads and their Executive Officer's or XO's, as a Commander she needed to see how they all interacted and if they worked. She wasn't even sure Adrian was working at this point, if he didn't relax and start acting like a human and not a droid, it was going to be a catastrophic failure. He was good by his records, but his attitude needed to change, he needed to loosen up. He needed a nickname, she'd have to work on that one.

Sitting forward she read over the rosters, mostly X Wing pilots, 50% Human, the rest mixed, and mostly under 30 standard years of age. 'Kids' she mused; she was too old to be playing with them, so it looked like she was going to be some kind of intergalactic den mother. She sighed as she shut the screen off, 'mother', there was a word that had begun to pick at her mind. It was probably too late for her now, and that made her sad. She'd spent so many years trying to be this 'tough as nails' woman, she'd forgotten her own humanity. Now he was gone, she was a few years off 50 and the chances were slim at best. Akrian woman had the ability to become mothers well into their 50's as they often lived way past 100 standard years, but her prospects were narrowing with every month these days. Sitting back, she folded her arms across her chest and waited, they were due soon.

Jesse pulled at his uniform, to make sure it was straight, behind him his XO Major Da'mina Shonest suppressed a smirk. Jesse heard it and spun to face him. "You have something to say Major?" he almost snapped.

Da'mina gave his head a slight shake. "No Sir." he said calmly holding the older man’s gaze.

"Good, keep it that way." Jesse said as he turned back to the turbo lift opening. "On topic only, clear?" He ordered as they stepped out of the lift and made their way to the new joint Wing Commanders office.

"Clear Sir." the Twi'lek responded and once again, hid a smile.

Adrian was the first of her subordinates who entered Adalia´s office. After completing the checks on the starfighters in the hangar he had briefly visited his quarters and left his few possessions there before making his way to the office. He knew he was too early, but he also felt that as Adalia´s own XO he needed to be ahead of the other officers. "Ma'am," he introduced himself and saluted quickly before approaching her. Taking a slightly more relaxed stance he took a position next to her, he gave her a quick report, "I´ve finished the examinations of the flights star fighters, they are all in a good shape and should be ready for battle. There are only a few minor complaints with some machines, but my droid has a full list if you want to read the details."

Adalia had developed a look already for his military acts, and promptly shot it at the young man. "No, I am sure you have it under control Adrian." she sighed before turning her attention to her data pad with the team leaders’ names. She'd met Jesse, not his XO and not Beka's XO yet, this was going to be a short meeting, so she could familiarise herself with their faces at least and she wanted to know a tiny bit about them.

Beka barely knocked before entering, her XO in tow behind her. Equally tall, the two women looked a bit out of breath, as if they had run there. "Too slow, gotta do better than that to beat me," Beka tossed over her shoulder at the other woman with a grin. "Hey Ads, hope we're not late."

"I call for a rematch, overseen by someone impartial. Then you'll see who's faster." The second woman seemed to catch herself, suddenly realising their company. "My apologies, uh, Colonel." And yet, she didn't seem embarrassed as she offered a hand. "Ariadne Stark, Twin Suns' Executive Officer."

Adalia heard the footsteps running their way, she frowned and turned to the door to see Beka burst in, a woman close on her heels. She raised an eyebrow as the new woman put her hand out and introduced herself. "Good to meet you Ariadne, you'll get her next time." she said taking her hand and smirking while eyeing Beka, "suspect she's out of shape for this kind of thing. As for being on time, spot on." She glanced at her chrono before looking to the door. Jesse was due with his XO, the assumed it was the Twi'lek male she'd noted him with on the Hangar deck. At that moment he appeared.

"Reporting as ordered Ma'am." Jesse said, starting to salute but stopping halfway through remembering her earlier words. He glanced over his shoulder, "My Exec Officer, Da'mina Shonest."

The Twi'lek stepped forward "Ma'am, it’s a pleasure to be sure." He inclined his head but did not even attempt to salute.

Adalia looked at both men and sighed. "Come in and close the door please?" she was tired of the same speech. She waited as Da'mina did so and watched as he assumed the 'at ease' position behind his Lead in the same position. This was getting tiresome. She drew a deep breath and gave her head a shake. “Not working Bek, just not working.” She stood, “Ok, I’ve said this already and really hate repeating myself.” Stepping out from behind the desk she approached Adrian and watched as his hands suddenly became un clenched from behind his back and he looked for a better place to put them. She started to circle around the three newer members, Jesse, Da'mina and Ariadne. “Trust and respect are a two-way street,” she explained as she stopped behind Jesse noting his fingers laced together with palms up behind his back. She made a fist and dropped it into the cradle he’d created there. “And I Detest formal military displays!” she snapped as she shoved her fist downward breaking the hands apart, before continuing. “At ease make me uneasy and Attention, “She paused behind Da’mina who reacted as Adrian did, “makes me angry.” Adalia began to circle Beka’s new XO, she needed nothing, the woman got it, why weren't the men? “A salute only serves to alert the enemy as to who is in charge.” She stopped and looked at the younger woman with a raised eyebrow. “and I Do Not want a target on my back.” She returned to her place behind the desk. “Are we all clear?” She didn't wait for their responses, it was irrelevant. “Ok, first up, around the room.” She pointed at Adrian, “Starting here. Name, Rank, Ship, how long been flying and call signs please?” She sat down and picked up her data pad again while looking at her XO waiting.

Adrian suppressed the urge to salute again as Adalia formally asked him for his name. Her rant against the protocol had unsettled him a bit but he tried his best not to betray his feelings and kept his face calm. "Adrian Malek, Major, X-Wing, been flying for four years now, don´t have a callsign." It was a short and precise summary, not wasting time on unnecessary information. In his old squad the members hadn't used callsigns but instead just the flight numbers when talking over com.

Adalia knew he was green; it wasn't a surprise. The lack of call wasn't even a surprise, with how 'military' he was, the chances were high he'd not done anything to earn one! She gave a slow nod "We'll have to fix that last bit." She held her hand up to Jesse to stop him while she thought for a moment, he was green and young, but fresh blood on the team. That was it. She turned back to him "Youngblood, that's you. Get used to it." She returned her attention to Jesse and lowered her hand "Go."

He'd still not found a comfortable place to put his hands, they were at his side, but he felt like they were flapping lose. "Coulson, Jesse, Commander, XJ X wing, near on 16 years flying, Callsign Blaze". He shifted his weight uncomfortably, without a standard stance, he had no idea how to stand.

"Blaze? Explain?" Adalia asked curiously.

The man glanced away. "I can't cook, set the Academy kitchen on fire." he confessed with a good deal of embarrassment.

She grinned and chuckled. "Love it." She waved her hand at his XO for his response.

Shonest, Da'mina, Captain, XJ X Wing, 10 years flying, Callsign Vapour." he paused and gave a wry smile. "Landed my ship with no fuel on board, said it was running on vapours." Saving her the time of having to ask.

Adalia nodded with a smile, she liked his attitude and courage already.

She turned to Beka. "Wanna tell them who you are and embellish all you like." she said winking at her friend.

Beka leaned on the desk, then pulled herself up on it to sit as the others made their introductions, smiling a bit at the effect Addie had on them. It was easy to be scared of her, at first, but they'd figure it out eventually.

"Beka Tiarri, Twin Suns Lead, flying forever except my 'break' these last couple years." She rolled her eyes at that, but most of those present probably had no idea what she was talking about. "And I go by Bouncer, so don't cross me or I'll toss you out on your rear."

Ariadne noted she'd skipped her rank but didn't yet want to call her on it. It was probably fine, everything was relaxed here, right? She cleared her throat before speaking, last to follow up the introductions.

"Ariadne Stark, Major, Executive Officer to Twin Suns. Been flying since I was 18, and I'd rather not give away my age." A small, mischievous smile graced her features as she continued. "And I've been called Tricks, always have a trick up my sleeve."

Adalia smiled at Beka and continued to do so to her XO. what's wrong with the men here? she wondered. Didn’t matter. "Ok, now we all know who we are, I need you to know the rest of my rules." She paused before listing them. "1. When I give an order, I mean it, so don't question it. 2. I may not tell you the whole plan, but trust me, I know what I'm doing. 3. Loyalty, its vital, you can't be loyal and follow me regardless? Let me know before the end of the day. 4. ". She stopped and looked to the floor for a moment. "There's history here," she looked to Beka "a lot of history. And I have serious reservation regarding my joint Command." Adalia wasn't sure what they each knew of her and Aden and didn't want to cast aspersions but needed them to know at least about the past. "Putting it simply, I don't trust my counterpart at all, would sooner put a hole in him." She patted her blaster on her hip, "having said that, I won't do that, but I need each of you to keep your eyes and ears open. Be aware, the man had a history of deception." She let the gravity of those words hang for a moment. "And finally, I like displays individuality, check my ship, so feel free, within reason, to follow suit. There's a briefing in," she glanced at her chrono "20 mins, see you all there with your squads, questions? ". She never planned to give them time to ask any, "Good, dismissed."

TAG @Sinrebirth @Anedon @Rebecca_Daniels

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Name: Vua
    Species: Yuuzhan Vong
    Personal effects: Pilot issue uniform and blaster, an ooglith masquer, his personal datapad.
    Personal starfighter: X-wing, as standard.
    Appearance: Nondescript, when masqued. Because he does not like attention at the best of times, and he is usually masqued, lets be honest. The only point that would identify him is that he is tall - for a human. Not so, for a Yuuzhan Vong.

Bio: Captured at the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War, Vua fought in the Battle of Yuuzhan'tar, against some of the famed pilots he now stands beside. Yet, he was redeemed, discovered the True Way had been warped by the Supreme Overlord, and, unable to be apart of Zonama Sekot's society for he no longer believed in any of the Old Gods, let alone those present in Sekot, he left Sekot, settling on Rodia with the rest of the expatriated species. If anything, more Yuuzhan Vong were settled on Rodia than Sekot, but the GA quietly downplayed that. Off the radar for years, he returned from the jungles to Rodia to do more - to repent. Informing the authorities but agreeing to don a masquer unless appropriate, Vua enlisted, swearing loyalty to the GA, joined Starfighter Command. Now he has ended up under the command of Aden Kya, who of course knows the truth about the Yuuzhan Vong and has enlisted him to command Second Flight of Wraith Squadron as his XO.

Because why not a Yuuzhan Vong? If old friends can be new enemies, perhaps old enemies can be new friends...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Aden Kya, Adalia Tehanis
    Adalia's Office - The Ocean

Having dismissed the members of her new team, Adalia dropped the data pad on the desk and wandered over the tiny view port the room afforded. There was little to see outside The Ocean, especially from the smallest, smelliest room on the entire ship. Leaning her shoulder against the bulkhead she started to wonder, and not for the first time in the last few days, if she'd made the right decision. The sick feeling of Aden's presence picked at the corner of her mind constantly. She knew he was on board; she'd ignored a message from him, but a personal meeting was inevitable. Looking around the length of the craft she was noting the external damage when the hairs on the back of her neck shot up, with no formal training, and a disdain for any such business, her basic force abilities did enough to keep her alive, and right now danger was approaching. Lowering her hand, she un-clipped her blaster and rested her hand on it. The confrontation was almost here.

Sure enough, there was a rap at her office door. One, two, three; jaunty, prom and proper. A voice cut across. “Oh, Addieeee. I know you’re in therrrre. It’s been years, and the briefing is soon... shouldn’t we... chat, beforehand?”

She closed her eyes and clenched her teeth, 'how dare he?' His singsong greeting was laced with bitterness and sarcasm, she recognised it and it made her skin crawl. She turned toward the door slowly, her hand still on her weapon. "Door's open, Aden. Come in, say what you have to say, then get the hell out." She had no intention of making this easy.

Aden smiled broadly. “Hi.” He shrugged. “Let’s be fair here. I’ve spent a decade in prison because of you. I’ve served my time according to the Law. So, I’ve been punished, and you need to accept that, just as much as I need to accept that what I did was wrong.”

He held out a hand, looking at her with an overly sweet expression on his face. “Truce?” Another shrug. “I mean - the bad guys are playing with a superweapon that blows up stars. I think we can all agree that you and I need to put aside our differences to stop the Confederation.” A shudder. “Imagine what would happen if they repaired Centerpoint! They could blow up Coruscant! We’re lucky Colonel Solo sabotaged the station months ago...”

He grew serious, keeping the hand held out. “... but we’ll run out of time soon enough and they’ll have that weapon again. I didn’t fight the Vong just to let some separatists destroy the peace.”

"Because of me!?!? Are you serious?" She shook her head slightly "You put yourself there, I was merely your victim!!!" She looked down at his hand and turned away "Arhg!" She listened to his words. "I didn't fight the Vong to have you try to kill me," she spun back "yet look what happened."

She continued to ignore the hand; it would be akin to putting her own digits in rancor's mouth. "I'll help stop them, but I will not make nice with you Aden." She moved a few steps to the left, away from him. "We keep this professional, above board and for kriffs sake, don't speak to me unless you have too. I don't like you and you don't like me." She held her hand up, palm forward. "Don't fill me with your bantha poodoo, we both know it, so let's just do what we need to do and then go our separate ways, clear?"

Aden looked at his hand, and let it drop. “That’s all I can really ask of you, my frenemy.” He tried not to grin. “The sooner we end the war, the sooner we can go our separate ways... no?”

She eyed him suspiciously, as she would always do forever more. “Yes.” Putting her hand back on her blaster she gave him a sickly-sweet smile. “Now get out before I use you for target practice.”

“You’re welcome to try,” Aden said, his grin almost malicious. He turned to leave, exposing his back to her - a tempting target. “See you in half an hour!” He waved.

Tag no one, as you get between us you are taking your life in your hands.....

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis - Jesse Coulson
    Addies Office.

She’d been rattled, and it took a lot for that to happen. Slumping down into her seat Adalia buried her face in her hands. ‘What am I doing here?’ she thought again. She could only blame the hole in her heart, the loss she was feeling that may have urged to her commit to something she wasn’t even sure of. She’d always dealt with her problems by moving, by keeping going and distracting herself, but this time she may have gone the wrong way and too far. Sliding her hands up over her head and lacing her fingers she left them on the back as she put her forehead on the desk. The cold metal was a focus point for her to concentrate on, cool, calm and a way to settle her nerves. Why did she let Aden get to her like that? He said, ‘you put me there’, was he for real? Did not! Do the crime, do the time! In her mind he’d not done enough time either. Focus, cool, calm, the need to settle before the briefing was a necessity if she wanted to stay alive. She was 100% convinced Aden would take another shot; she could feel it I her gut.

Jesse had left with the others, but once they’d gone their separate ways, he’d made his way back to her office. Standing nearby in the corridor, he’d not intended to spy, but overheard the entire conversation. She’d already told them there was history, but judging by what he’d overheard, it was a lot more dangerous than he’d considered. He watched as her visitor left and noted the man’s appearance so he could be aware of him in future, before tugging at his jacket to make sure it was straight and stepping to her doorway. He was taken aback by what he saw. The woman he’d spent a good deal of years almost idolising had her head on the desk, hands on top looking for all the galaxy like she’d given up or was about to. He glanced around the office and noted how cold and empty it really was and a thought crossed his mind. She’s alone out here and being forced to work with what she considers a mortal enemy’. That had to be tough. Assuming his ‘at ease’ position he cleared his throat to get her attention.

ARGH!! She was not alone, at least it wasn’t Aden returned to taunt her some more, she could feel that. Lifting her head, she rolled her eyes immediately. It was Coulson and he was stand at ease, again. “What is it Jesse?” she asked sounding exasperated.

He’d done it again, managed to annoy her by breathing it seemed. “I Ah…” What did he come back for again? “Wanted to talk to you, off the record if I could please Ma’am.” He kept his eyes forward and chin up.

Adalia leaned to the side, popping her hand under her chin and elbow on the desk. “Well, to do that you’d have to act like you were off the record, and right now I can’t see that, so that would be a no.” She was slightly amused, a distraction and one that wasn’t going to get her into trouble she believed. “Would you like to try again?”

He let his eyes move only to glance at her, she looked amused by him. ‘Great, now she’s tormenting me’ he mused. Turning his head to the side he drew a deep breath before unlacing his fingers and bringing his hands to the front, moving them in few twisted circles of confusion before decided to rest them on his gun belt, one on his blaster, before leaning harder on one leg. He felt so strange and bit his lip, this was against everything he’d held close and lived with for 15 years, but it was what she wanted. “Adalia, can I have a word?”

Sitting up she watched him, it was more amusing than she’d thought it would be, he looked so out of his depth but the way he looked now, he was what she wanted and more than she’d expected. Something stirred within her, a feeling, an emotion she’d not felt in a long time. She leaned back as she realised what was going on, she was attracted to him. “Of course, you can Jesse.” Her voice broke ever so slightly as she internally cursed herself. Kriff it!!!

Jesse stepped forward, still unsure of his stance or words. “Before I go further, I have to confess, I overheard that conversation you just had. I didn’t intend too, just did.”

Adalia sighed as she stood up. “Well, I’m sorry you had to hear that, it’s a deep-seated distrust and it’s very personal on his part, probably a bit on mine now.” She shrugged as she sat on the edge of the desk. “What is it you wanted?” she pushed on, she had to keep this totally above board, he was coming back one day, patience wasn’t her strong suit he’d reminded her many times, and this was one of his lessons she was sure of it.

“Its about this ‘casual’ …..” he didn’t know what to call it, “Stuff? I’m not sure I can do it. Right now, I feel like someone has a blaster on me and if I do one thing even remotely by the rules, I’m done. Is it a deal breaker? I mean are you going to have me transferred out if I can get it?"

She smiled. “No...." she chuckled, "I'm tough but fair. It’ll take time, relax, and when I’m gone you will struggle to go back the other way, trust me. Had a couple of pilots who never could, they kept sending them back to me!” She smiled warmly at the memory of Rooty and Jeen. They were never by the book and in the end, they retired when she did to save themselves. “You’ll note I have developed a look and an eye roll when I see it, you’ll know when you’re bugging me.” She smiled at him, he had lovely slate grey eyes. Stop it.

He watched her smile as he listened, it was beguiling. “When you are gone? Are you planning to leave already?” that had caught him a little off guard.

She arched her back, her shoulder had been giving her grief since halfway through the trip here, the muscle was in spasm again. Old injuries were telling as one aged. She rolled the offending shoulder in an attempt to undo the knot. “Not going anywhere now, except the briefing, but as you know, war is a great place to get a promotion.” She winked.

He watched her roll her shoulder and arch her back, he glanced away. “Back spasm?” he asked looking back, “My mother was a masseuse, I can fix that for you.” He offered.

Adalia turned to look at him, the muscle under her shoulder blade had been burning for some time. It wasn’t personal, she told herself, it was just the same as seeing a professional, someone helping to loosen a tense muscle. She turned her back to him, “Its 10 years old, if you can fix it, it’d be a miracle.” She shrugged.

Jesse was surprised to say the least, he’d not expected her to accept his offer. Stepping forward he gently placed his left hand on the front of her shoulder and the heel of his right hand under her shoulder blade and began to rub hard. She stretched up and winced in pain, that was expected. He continued to dig into the muscle, it was in complete spasm and he wondered how she’d been able to function as it would be painful. She groaned softly as she pulled her long braid out of the way. “How long has it been this bad?” he asked quietly, concentration on his features.

She glanced sideways at him, “Years, on and off.” She muttered. Her mind was swirling, he’d never rubbed her back, he knew it gave her pain, but had never rubbed it. Despite the fact it hurt, it felt better but she was feeling the need to pull away. Was this a line being crossed? He was only rubbing a sore muscle, friends did that, but he wasn’t a friend, not yet anyway. Lifting her hand, she checked her chrono. “Do you know where the briefing room is?” she asked as he hit a particularly painful point and she winced and grunted softly.

Concentrating on her back he tried to ignore the soft sounds she was making, to anyone listening and not seeing, they sounded suspicious. “Yes, I do, how long till it starts?” he asked as he shifted his left hand slightly and turned his right to get his fingers under the shoulder blade. This was going to need more than two minutes of rubbing, this needed heat and, he stopped, was that a scar? “Do you have a scar back here?”

“I have scars everywhere.” She muttered, “But yes, long time ago, explosion, I got on the wrong side of the detonation of a smugglers base.” She explained with little emotion; she’d lost count of the amount of times she’d been injured over the years or come close to death. She felt his fingers run along the scar; it was painful under it. She sucked her breath in.

“Might need more than a quick rub.” He confessed, “Heat and oils maybe.” He knew what was needed, if he’d be able to administer it was another story. He’d read her reports and records; he knew what she’d been through and somehow managed to look so good still in his eyes.

She pulled away. “Don’t have time for this anyway.” She stood and took a deep breath, “Feels better already.” She turned to face him. “Is 15 minutes enough to get to briefing? Hope so, cause that’s all we’ve got.” She scooped up her data pad, distance, she needed to be around other people and get distance.

“It is, Ma’am.” He was standing straight again, instinct having kicked in.

She duly rolled her eyes. “Come on, let’s go. And remind me to find a way to extract the stick from yours and Adrians……….” She let it trail off, she knew he understood.

BRING ON THE BRIEFING!! @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  10. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    (Made in collaboration with @Sinrebirth and @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha )

IC: Syal Antilles, Loriana Starskimmer, and, Rhoen Aquilla
    The Ocean

The pilot frowned as she looked around for her techs and lieutenant, tuning into Rhoen’s question. “Oh?” She checked her datapad. “Looks like I’m at your end of the ship, yeah.

She grabbed her gear, placed on the floor beside her, whilst her wing-mate chattered. “Yes, you can have bottom bunk this time.

And with that they were off to their rooms, with their briefing not long away. Syal looked to Loriana and to Rhoen, as if truly seeing them for the first time. Loriana seemed so comfortable around Rhoen. A couple? Or was this just her sunny disposition? Syal filed it away for later answering.

So we’re serving under Wing Commander Kya. I heard from Dad that he was put in prison for attempting to blackmail one of his pilots a decade ago... but Colonel Solo says that he has personally vetted Kya and his time has been served... then Admiral Niathal puts Wing Commander Tehanis in charge of the other half of the Wing? Does anyone else find that strange?

She was speculating. That was still aloud, even if GAG officers were rumoured to be secretly positioned on key capital ships. Syal opted to ignore said rumours - she was already under suspicion because of Dad. He’d been Admiral and Supreme Commander of the Corellian Navy for a few weeks at the start of the war. Now he was an exile, with much of the Jedi Order.

Rhoen moved with the group still remembering the way, and the helpful map that came with the message. Syal mentions their new wing commander, Aden Kya. He hadn't heard much never met him when he served and couldn't recall his mother talking about him. Though she had told her so many stories about the Rebellion and her service it is possible he did just isn't remembering right now.

"Huh," He started looking over to other legacy pilot. "That seems interesting difference of opinion. Though I have heard of ex-cons working out before...though it is worrying that it was one of his own squadron. That doesn't feel right. Mom always told me that your squadron was your family out in the black. You may disagree but, you always stand together...I would hope his time incarcerated gave him time to reflect on his choices. Yes it is a little strange that the two wing commanders were chosen by different people but, not really our place to question high command. On the other hand it is the job of subordinates to act upon their conscience when given orders. And if in a situation where orders conflict with our conscience we can either refuse to follow them or if we fear retribution report it to those above our commanders." He looked shyly to Syal a slight grin on his face before turning away. "Ah...sorry for talking so much, I'm Chandrilan, we do love our debates." Himself was never one for such things but, he found he could sometimes ramble a bit.

An ex-convict in the mix?! That could muddy the waters and no joke. She listened to Roen's opinion and smiled over at him. "No apologies necessary. It's a matter of survival, being able to trust your squad-mates. And know who is and isn't going to prove to be loyal."

Syal nodded. "Loyalty is the question this time around. I get told Dad is a traitor, but he is also a traitor to the Confederation..." She sighed as they walked. "But all that matters is what I do, and what I am going to do is look after my squadmates, temporary or otherwise." Syal smiled at them both.

Her Sullustan wingmate chittered again. "Yes, I am going to look after you most."

"I am sure the co-Chief's know what they are doing. But for them to recreate a Wing from the last war..." She wondered. "There is going to be politics at play. They can't strut out the Jedi as our heroes now, so they make new ones..."

Rhoen nodded his head toward Syal she wasn't going to let her father's actions reflect on her, or influence what she was going to do. It was admirable, and necessary. With loyalties in question just by where you come from, distancing yourself from your family could be more about survival that actual belief. Not that he thought Syal was being untruthful. Just that it most likely colored some of her thoughts on the matter.

"Well, the citizens of the galaxy need heroes. It was our parents in the Rebellion." He gestured between himself and Syal, "The Jedi in the Vong War, and now it's our turn." The weight of legacy was on his shoulders as he looked to Loriana with a smile. "Just as long as the politics doesn't promote someone incompetent to command, it's alright. Though using the military as a propaganda arm and political tool can backfire. Particularly when the soldiers are fighting for their commanders and not their government. Your dad," he again looked to Syal, "might have turned down offers to be Chief of State but, not everyone will. Just something to keep an eye on." He quieted for a moment. "And I'll be watching your back too." he said making eye contact with the daughter of a legend.

Loriana smirked. "Incompetence alongside political self-interest, is there anything worse?" She glanced at Syal. "We cannot live up to or try to measure up to any legends in our families or history in general. We just have to do our best in the moment. We do however want our families to be proud of our choices."

Loriana speculated that Rhoen was a bit star-struck with Syal and it amused her romantic side.

Syal found herself making eye contact with Rhoen, and surprise rising within her. What was he getting at?

Loriana thankfully interjected, but even she was smirking mischievously. Syal had been too occupied looking for her tech crew, even now. Her mind was about to unravel the cues when her wingmate indicated their room. Nodding, she checked her chrono. That had been a longer chit-chat than she had expected, but she was glad to have gotten to know her... colleagues? Syal absently wondered what word Rhoen would apply to her. "See you in half an hour?"

Loriana smiled at Syal. "Half an hour it is."

She entered her quarters and stowed her gear in the drawers.

It was a surprise to him when they reached their quarters. Time seemed to have fly past him lost just a little into Syal's blue eyes. He tore himself away shaking his head just a little.

"Um...yeah see you later." he gave a more causal salute before following after Loriana. As the door closed behind him he let out a breath a nervous feeling in his stomach. With a another breath he started unpacking, the fluttery feeling in his stomach not going away. This was an issue...

He might...might be having feelings for General Antilles's daughter...

He knew it was wrong that it would cause trouble but, he couldn't deny this feeling. Though maybe it was just nerves from being under a new command, being back in a starfighter again, what he had for breakfast. Though deep down he knew the reason. This was going to be a long deployment.

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sinrebirth

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Aden Kya
    Briefing Room Alpha

Well that half hour went quickly. Aden nonetheless arrived fashionably late, if only to annoy Adalia. The room was circular, so to allow the killing pilots to sit around the commanders. His XO, Vua, stood by the entrance to the room, as was his habit, looking plain-faced in his human masquer. Aden tilted his head to him. “Anything of note?”

“No,” Vua said softly. “Everything is as it should be.” His chin tilted to the knot of pilots that included his Wraith’s. Rhoen, Loriana, Syal, and so forth. Aden would introduce them all at the Squadron chit chat later on. The other squadrons in his half-Wing were known quantities to each other, but Aden’s Wraith’s had been reactivated, what with the original squadron decommissioned as an Intel unit.

Aden nodded, looking among Addie’s team. He didn’t recognise a lot of the new additions, but Colonel Solo had supplied him with Galactic Alliance Guard dossiers on all of them, be it Adrian, Jesse, Da’mina, Ariadne and so forth. Was that Beka? Aden gave her a full smile, a genuine response - he was very happy to see her.

There were others no present, and Colonel Solo was looking for them on Aden’s recommendation. Any old pilot from the Wing would be a personal issue for his pilots if they crossed paths with them at Kuat. Adam Lyons, Rooty Aran, Jay Sarkin, and so many others. All of them were added to the Galactic Alliance Guard’s ‘seek and detain’ list. They’d be picked up and kept somewhere safe until the conflict was over. There were no guarantees that the Guard would find any of them but if they were staying neutral, or, heaven forbid, had turned traitor, then they would be useful bargaining chips. Aden was glad that Solo approved of his suggestion.

But now, the briefing. There was no need to antagonise Adalia anymore, so he gestured, directing the lights to dim and pointing his datapad at the central holoprojector. A world appeared, one which ordinarily would have been surrounded by a shipyard ring but now was encompassed by debris. “Kuat, the capital of the Kuat Sector and Kuat Drive Yards, formerly our largest shipyard and the most productive in the galaxy. Now Fondor is, and that is in Confederate hands. Which is why our mission is so important.”

The screen shifted to a part of the docks that were unharmed. “Ships damaged in earlier engagements were held at Kuat, including the battle-carrier Dodonna, and about fifty other smaller ships. We managed to protect them during the Battle of Kuat, but now we don’t have the resources to defend Kuat - not without the Hapans, who as you all know, took a neutral stance after intervening in the disciplining of Kashyyyk.”

Everyone knew about that too. Colonel Solo had set the Wookiee homeworld on fire for taking in Jedi, and half the Fifth Fleet had been lost when the Confederates abandoned their push on Kuat to intervene. It was a miracle that the Fifth had escaped at all - a testament to the brilliance of Colonel Solo. The rebels were also so disorganised that the Confederates had failed to recruit the Wookiees, Hapans or Jedi - which was a miracle.

Jacen Solo the hero. Aden grinned tightly. He knew a Dark side Force user when he saw one. But better that than what the Confederates were doing; secret assault fleets, sending assassins after children, terror attacks on civilians and repairing ancient megaweapons. As long as Jacen Solo as Chief of State, the GA was working for the ‘good guys.’

“The Confederates have Bothans supplying them Intel; they know that we have assets we can recover. They’ll just wait until we’ve repaired them. So the moment the crews start moving the Dodonna, the Confederates will step in and take our ships - and they’ll outgun and outnumber us.” He paused to let that sink in.

“Which is why we’ll be flying top-cover, and denying the Confederates any asset we leave behind. I have strict orders from High Command to destroy anything we cannot take with us - teams are already laying charges in the shipyard itself to blow it as we leave.” He looked around the room. “Is that understood?”

It was a rhetorical question. He looked to Adalia, and generally to the room. Vua has not moved from his spot. “Any questions?”

—-
    Point between

The Jedi Master took the call, after he’d meticulously reviewed everything. Arguably he’d kept them waiting, but Markre was thorough. “We’re all fine. Engines are no longer fluctuating now we’re no longer being shot at.”

He checked the scanners. “The E-wings are intact, but their comms are out. We’ll send a call out to the GA for recovery before we leave, but at least we’ll have no surprises. Markre paused. He had already communicated his concerns about the relationship between Jacen and Seha. So keeping Seha here was a test as to whether she would sneak off and try to let Jacen know. The feed was disguised so that the spy they had aboard the Ocean wouldn’t be discovered, because Markre would be sharing the feed with a lot of other sources - Hapan Intelligence, the Wookiee’s, Wedge Antilles, Booster Terrik and even, though the request had been made brought proxies, Admiral Pellaeon of the Imperial Remnant, who remained a Jedi friend even though the Remnant remained in the Galactic Alliance. Meanwhile, the rest of the Council on Endor would be following along, including Luke, Clighal, Kenth, Kyle and Saba. They had yet to elect a new Master to replace their recent loss.

“I’m receiving a patch from the Ocean; apparently the big briefing is about to start between Jacen’s new pets - Wing Commander’s Aden Kya and Adalia Tehanis.” Markre knew who the latter was - or rather, who she had been - to Master Durron, as would Master Horn - attachment was not forbidden in the New Jedi Order, and married couples served on the Council - Kam and Tionne Solusar, and, until very recently, Luke and Mara Skywalker. But Kyp and Adalia were not that, and if anything nobody knew if they were going to reconcile. Not that it was anybodies business... apart from right now, when reviewing Intel.

“Transmitting the feed over.” Markre would make the tender ship the central point of the feed, thanks to the powerful hypercomm Talon Karrde had installed. Of course Markre knew that meant the feed would likely go to other third parties, but Karrde has proven dozens of times over that he wouldn’t let it reach any hands friendly with Jacen or Niathal.

It did mean, unknown to the Jedi, that the live feed would also turn up in the hands of Adam Lyons, via a dozen proxies, who only shared it on the basis that he didn’t pass it to the Confederate high command. But Adams was thus far looking into things; the moment he swung into a side the intelligence would stop.

So the entire troop was able to watch Aden Kya and Adalia Tehanis talk to Rogue Wing, familiar and unfamiliar faces all.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron (for her part of the briefing, or sass), @Rebecca_Daniels (for grins), @adaml83 (for your NPC group to cluck over as new and pretty Intel), @Corellian_Outrider (for Corran and Mirax to give Kyp the eye), @The Real Kyp Durron (to pretend that he doesn't care?), @Anedon, @galactic-vagbond422, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (to enjoy the briefing and provide questions as applicable)

OOC: Post as much as you want this fortnight, those of you in the briefing proper. This will be a feedback, planning session, snipe parade. Vua and Aden will reply as applicable, and we all know Adalia won't keep quiet for long...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Adrian Malek, Adalia Durron, Jesse Coulson(combo with the one and only @Adalia-Durron)
    At the Briefing

Adalia entered the briefing room with Jesse and a quick assessment told her they were to sit near the front as Leads, she scanned the room to find her team and was relieved to find Beka already seated and Adrian behind and empty seat, obviously hers. Aden was nowhere to be seen. 'Typical' she thought as she made her way to the seat, 'Wants to make an entrance'. Sitting down she lay her data pad down on the tabletop, ready to take notes, images or whatever else was needed before leaning back and turning to Adrian. "Anything interesting to report?"

"Nothing ma'am," in the time between their meeting in her office to now Adrian had checked on his own X-wing and together with R7 fixed some minor problems. The little droid had suggested they would give the ship some individuality, like Adalia had asked him to do. In his old squadron Adrian hadn´t been allowed to do something like this and felt uncomfortable by painting all over his craft but if his commander wanted it. He and R7 had briefly looked on some motives but hadn´t gotten to a decision before he had left for the briefing.

She turned around and glared before rolling her eyes and turning back. "Sticks still there" she muttered. "Gotta work this one out." She added with a touch of amusement.

Jesse turned to look at her and glanced back at Adrian. Seems they were both suffering the same affliction, the ability to follow rules.

Aden entered and that stupid smile was still on his face, she covered her eyes with her hand, she wanted to wipe it off with her fist, removing her hand she noted he was looking right at her. She gave him a cold stare back; she knew she could not let him phase her.

Jesse noted the visual interaction and shifted uncomfortably; he could almost feel the tension between them. He glanced back at his XO and raised his eyebrow, but the man wasn't paying attention yet, still staring at his own Data pad she he turned to Adalia's XO with a look of concern as Da’mina scowled, leaned toward his fellow XO and passed the datapad over.

Adrian stared at the datapad the Twi’lek had given him. It showed a recording, not of the best quality but Adrian could recognize the hangar. There in strict and correct lines stood the squadrons star fighters and bombers. The same crafts he had checked with R7 only a few hours ago. In the first moment he watched the datapad he wondered if it was a recording of that very event and asked himself why his fellow XO was showing him this. But the he realized that there were several people in the hangar, Galactic Alliance Guard judging by their uniforms. They seemed to be checking the crafts yet again it seemed. Adrian frowned, did they trust him so little that they went and had another look? But these men where soldiers it seemed, not techs and they moved quickly from craft to craft, far too quickly for a real inspection. What was going on there? Adrian wished he had R7 in the hangar, but he had sent the little droid to a well-deserved oil bath when he headed towards the briefing. "Is this live?" he asked Da’mina in a hushed tone.

The large Twi’lek gave a curt nod as he glanced at his Lead and retrieved the datapad before transmitting the information to him.

Jesse frowned slightly back and picked up his own data pad, opening the vision. He could not believe what he was seeing. Da’mina had installed a security camera on his ship, it was very small and resembled a bolt, Jesse had approved it. Now they were being rewarded with what looked like secret tracking devices being attached to each of their ships, also as small as bolts to the under carriage of the wing. In all his years he’d never seen anything like this and glanced at Adalia who continued to stare at Aden as he spoke about the briefing. He hoped someone was recording it, as he’d not heard a word so far. She had to know. Leaning toward her he got close to her ear. “Tracking devices being placed on our ships.” He muttered, before dropping his chin, awaiting her reaction.

Adalia hadn’t sensed his approach, but the warmth of a breath on her neck caused her eyes to widen slightly, what she heard made her blood chill. He was at it already? She closed her eyes in frustration and turned to Jesse. “Got proof?” she mumbled.

“Recording, yes.” He kept his voice low.

She gave a slight nod, “Observation deck, after this.” She whispered back. Where could they meet where there’d be no listening devices. She glanced at Beka, whose gaze was so intently on Aden, she could feel the rage and anger from her. She’d tell her and Ariadne as well, things just got more serious.

Tag: @Rebecca_Daniels, @Sinrebirth

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2019
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis
    Briefing on board The Ocean

Adalia took the information given her now in, and decided to keep it that way, for now. She tuned back into the briefing, and essentially, they were escort at this point. The ‘remnants’ were being disposed, of, and she considered that a waste, but there was little to do. So, when Aden asked, ‘Any questions?’ she knew she had a couple and duly raised her hand. He turned to her, that condescending smile still on his face as he gave her a nod to acknowledge her. She stood.

“So, “she decided to adopt a strong position to those around her who did not know her, knowing full well it would amuse the hell out of Aden. Popping her left hip, she rested her right hand on her blaster and the other on her hip. “Where was I when this was arranged Colonel Kya? I mean,” she glanced around the room, “I was under the understanding that joint meant a shared role. By all means correct me if I am wrong.” She smirked and lifted her hand off her hip showing her palm to Aden. “On second thoughts, spare me your…..excuses.” She dropped her hand and sighed. “Teamwork requires the participants to work as a team, hence the name. I trust in future that will occur?” Once again, she never gave him the opportunity to respond, and she could feel his amusement, didn’t matter what she did, somehow it amused him. She imagined her choking to death or blowing up would have the same affect upon him. She addressed the group. “These are difficult times, some of us are facing not only the enemy officially, but family and friends. Watch your wings, eyes on your six, trust is at a premium here, earn it and use it well.” She turned back to Aden, “And if you see or feel anything isn’t quite right, don’t be afraid to talk to …….someone about it. With all that in mind….Dismissed.” she took the opportunity to usurp his authority by doing that and shot him a cold smile as the group began to disperse.

She turned to Beka who sat on the other side of her, leaning down. “Obs deck in 10, bring a muffler.”

TAG @Rebecca_Daniels @Anedon @Sinrebirth

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Briefing

"Hang on," Aden said, raising a hand, asking for them to stay as Adalia leaned to speak to Beka. "I am sure that those gathered here have questions, Colonel Tehanis." He smiled wanly. "Surely we should give them the chance to interject, or to comment?"

Vua unfolded his hands, stepping away from the wall to sit with Wraith Squadron, pointedly so. "After all, Colonel Tehanis, they need to understand their mission role."

"Give them a chance?" He looked genuinely concerned. They could ill-afford a rushed briefing. If they did, then there would be mistakes.

Jacen Solo did not like mistakes.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, all

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis
    Briefing.

She straightened up and turned to him. "Yet when you asked, no one except myself raised a hand." She looked around the room, "I doubt we have any fools here, your plans were clear, our roles are clear, but of course, if anyone has a question, by all means........fire away." she glared. He was baiting her and she was tired already. It took all her composure to not draw her weapon and obliterate his smile.

TAG @Sinrebirth

16. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    IC Adrian Malek
    Briefing

In a moment Adrian stood and raised his hand, Aden´s words, their plan to destroy their own assents to leave nothing but scorched earth. It sounded to him like the scheme of a criminal not a proper military move. Seeing the arrogant grin on their commanders face and the suggestion that someone in the audience didn't understood the mission parameters was just more oil on his fire. It seemed like instead of a regular military unit they were a force formed to perform amoral actions and war crimes, lead by a dangerous criminal. And so he asked, "I do have a question, one thing that keeps me wondering how it can be that in days like this, when we are under assault by traitors and criminals on all sides. A time in which discipline and loyalty are the best defense for us as a nation, how can it be that under such threat a convicted criminal can be our leader? Is the government that desperate?"

Tag: @Adalia-Durron, @Sinrebirth

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Briefing

“Thank you!” Aden said, beaming. “That’s the exact question I was looking for, Colonel Tehanis.” He looked to Adalia and gestured to the pilot where it had came from.

“Rumours are flying and those rumours will cause our pilots to pause and think when they need to listen and follow orders. If they don’t respect or trust the chain of command, people will hesitate and they will die.” He let that sink in.

“Nobody wants that. So if we don’t have a mature and open discussion about this, a lot of unnecessary pain is going to ensue.” There was the slightest murmur of agreement in the room.

“May I continue, Colonel?”

TAG: @Anedon, @Adalia-Durron, everyone

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Loriana Starskimmer
    Briefing Room

Loriana gave the young pilot who had spoken so eloquently an admiring smile; his let's-cut-to-the-bottom line and mention the Rancor in the room attitude was one she could get behind.

She raised a hand. "So what is each pilot and squadron's individual objective to minimize losses and salvage the situation?"

TAGS
    @Adalia-Durron \ @Sinrebirth \ @Anedon -- etc.

19. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rhoen Aquilla
    Aboard the Ocean

First briefing and things were already getting contentious. Colonel Tehanis and Colonel Kya were going back and forth and Rhoen kept out of it. The mission seemed straightforward but, painful. They couldn't save Kuat so they were going to destroy it. If felt like there was more they could do, more that could be done. Though he wasn't of high enough rank or of good enough skill to try and salvage this situation.

Kashyyyk brought a slight frown to his face. It was wrong what was done. The Alliance went too far there. The Jedi might have been branded traitors but, raining fire down upon those that took them in? That was too much. If his mother was still in command, still here, she would have stopped it. He couldn't change the past but, maybe they could save something from here. Watching the back and forth between Kya and Tehanis he leaned over to Syal who he found himself next to in the briefing.

"Mommy and Daddy are fighting." He whispered before turning back to the layout of the system. He was about to speak up when Loriana spoke up cutting to the chase. What were they doing here?

TAG: @Sinrebirth @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Adalia-Durron

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Briefing

A hand went up, intruding before Tehanis could reply. "Starskimmer," said Aden, in acknowledgement.

"So what is each pilot and squadron's individual objective to minimize losses and salvage the situation?" Aquilla was also whispering with Syal, but Aden let it pass for now.

"My half of the Wing will secure the hyperspace jump, with Colonel Tehanis' half of the Wing defending the shipyard until the Dodonna and the other ships can move off, then they will escort the Dodonna task force."

"A squadron will be assigned from each Wing to deploy to any problem circumstance." He gestured to Aquilla, Syal and the others of his squadron. "The Wraiths from my squadron on-call for any emergency."

He resisted the urge to continue with Adrian Malek's tangent without permission from Colonel Tehanis. He genuinely didn't want to get everyone killed. He had never wanted that.

TAG: @Anedon, @Rebecca_Daniels, @galactic-vagabond422, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Anedon

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis
    Briefing

May I continue, Colonel?” She heard him ask as she regarded him critically. There was a huge part of her that wanted to turn around and give Adrian a hug. What he'd just done not only showed his courage, but his loyalty and she felt she'd found 'another kid' to take under her wing as it were. Someone else rose their hand and before she could respond, was acknowledged by Aden. He gestured, listened and responded to the question. Around the room she could feel the tension, some seemed to know there was an issue, others had no idea. Once answered Adalia crossed her arms over her chest.

"By all means Colonel Kya, please enlighten us all, I'd be interested to hear your take on all this. Keeping in mind there are three people in this room who were there, not just us two." She turned her head slightly to see Beka sit forward slightly, her hands disappearing under the table. She knew where her hand was.

TAG @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Briefing

“Why thank you.” Aden looked stern for a moment. “The Galactic Alliance is built on the backs of the Rebellion and New Republic. Founded by smugglers, criminals and what the Empire labelled as terrorists and Separatists. It also included all manner of ex-Imperials who had performed actual genocides and sought to repent.”

“Even now, the Alliance is allied with the Empire, which redeemed itself fighting the Yuuzhan Vong.” A twitch from Vua, but nothing anyone who didn’t know him would notice. “And even then, it was the former Shamed Ones that helped us defeat them - and we even allowed the Yuuzhan Vong an honourable peace in-spite of what horrors they committed.”

“Even Darth Vader was forgiven by the New Republic, for defeating Darth Sidious - for a time, anyway,” he said, appealing to the room. “Our entire culture and way of life is based upon repentance and forgiveness.”

“What I did was wrong, born out of isolation from my squadmates and rather than seeking help. I allowed my petty jealousies and pride to consume me, and for that I am sorry,” he was talking to Addie and Becka now. He was looking at them. His eyes were even glassy.

Aden turned back to the briefing. “My time has been served and the Galactic Alliance has issued a pardon for my conduct. I have accepted it for one reason and one only - a reason that Colonel Solo and Admiral Niathal personally told me.” He paused, because this point had to be made.

“We’re losing this war.”

“Today. Right now. Without the Hapans and the Jedi, we don’t have the strength to both hold what we have and make a stand. The Confederation is so much smaller than us in terms of territory; they can dedicate more ships to the front than us. We’re going to have to entrench and retreat until the tide is turned.”

He looked to each of them, trying to meet their eyes and emphasise in how much danger they were.

“I’m going to do everything I can to stop the Confederation. If my being co-Wing Commander causes that much of a disruption, I’ll hand complete command of the Wing to Colonel Tehanis.” He nodded to her. “But I have a duty to try and make it work. I can contribute more than just command of a single squadron and my record during the Yuuzhan Vong is proof of that. So yes, I am a former convict, but the Galactic Alliance has agreed to give me a chance to redeem myself.”

Aden spread his hands out. “So that’s why I’m here. To serve. To fulfil my duty to use all of my abilities to save the people I swore an oath to. Because I’ve failed to do that, and I’ve been given a second chance that I intend to take.”

Finally, he was done.

TAG: Everyone

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis
    Briefing

She stood listening, behind her there was a strange sound, grinding, growling? Was that Beka? His 'take' on the events were interesting at best, and full of poodoo. What he described was galactic battles, with leadership giving orders and combatants following orders. So, when peace came, those who were 'following orders' found it easy to forgive and let it slide. What happened 10 standard years ago was not on a galactic scale, stang, it wasn't even on a planetary or city-wide scale, it was wholly personal. Aden wasn't given Command of the Oracle Station, Adalia was, it started there. He allowed his emotions to control his actions, time and time again, she was was given control over him. He took it upon himself to destroy not only her, but the Shadow Sabers, with lies, corruption, faked evidence and explosives. If it'd not been for those, she knew who did not believe it, and protected her, she'd be dead now. He didn't take her 'friends in high places' into account at the time, and they with her Sabers revealed the truth. She suppressed a smirk; the fool believed his own lies. Not the first time she'd seen this, certainly wouldn't be the last. His apology meant little, Adalia believe actions spoke louder than words, and right now his words were nothing more than lip service. Reminding herself she was in a leadership role, she drew a deep steadying breath before she levelled her green eyes on him giving a sardonic smile, followed by a slow clap. 1, 2, 3, 4.

"Lovely speech. I'm impressed, somewhat. I'm here to do my duty as well, like I always have, and if anyone here is unsure of my ability to do that, by all means, check the historic recordings. As for the truth? You are all welcome to find my office, it’s the tiny, smelly one in the depths of this ship, come talk to me," she glanced behind her "Or Beka here. We're always up for a chat." Looking back, she gave a cool smile. "So, let's just play nice and get this job done, as someone said to me quite recently, the sooner we end the war, the sooner we can go our separate ways... no?” She let that hang. There was no way she was going to let his grandstanding override her own abilities or downplay the past. She finally asked in a sickly sweet tone, "So can we be dismissed yet?"

TAG @Sinrebirth

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Aden
    Briefing

“Of course, my dear,” he said with a smile. “You heard the lady. Dismissed; any more questions about the Chain-of-Command, take them up with Colonel Solo.”

Vua looked to the others he had sat with. “Vua. XO.” That was as blunt as he could make it. “Make sure your affairs are in order and we’ll meet in the hangar.”

Syal felt her knee bouncing out of stress. “Yes, sir.” She eyed Rhoen. “Walk with me for a minute?”

Vua looked to Loriana, as the rest of the Squadron broke up, and Aden, looking pleased with himself, headed out the room.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 (Combo), @Rebecca_Daniels, etc, everyone

25. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    (OOC: A combo between myself and our illustrious GM)

IC: Rhoen Aquilla and Syal Antilies
    The Ocean, Briefing room

Rhoen was a little afraid to comment with all the fire and hate being shot about in the briefing room. At least he knew his role in the coming fight. A fast response team should things get out of control. Though he still wondered about whether or not this truly was the way to go? If destroying the best shipyard the Alliance had was worth keeping their ships out of enemy hands. Surely the could use them. He was about to speak up but, the meeting was ended.

Syal pulled him to the side and asked to take a walk. Who was he to deny the princess of the stars.

"Sure." he turned with her noticing her leg bouncing.

Standing she wave off her wingmate, saluting their taciturn XO. As she walked she palmed something, showing it casually to Rhoen. "Short wave jammer. Will stop us being monitored," she said as they walked the corridors.

"That was intense, and not in a good way. Tehanis is on the verge of unprofessional, but Kya is on some kind of crusade to redeem himself. Nothing like the officers I’ve dealt with before... and Niathal and Solo chose them?" Syal looked worried, but she was clearly taking them back to the hangar.

"Yeah," Rhoen nodded his head clearing his mind a little. "There's a lot of emotions going on. And I wouldn't say that it's the best kind. Tehanis is a bit brash...is that the right word. There's a history there a deep possibly painful history there. I fear it might cloud her judgment of Kya. Though Kya could also be laying it on a little too thick. I don't doubt that he wants to change but, he's driving at it too hard for someone that wants to prove they're not the same person they were before. And yeah, it seems like high command wanted to make a powder keg rather than a fighter wing. I personally wouldn't have put these two together just too much going on. It could distract from the mission."

A group of techs or other service beings on the ship where heading their way. Rhoen stepped out of the way his shoulder slightly brushing against Syal's. He turned away to slightly trying not to make a big deal out of it.

"I just hope they can keep some comm discipline...We don't need two Colonels auguring over proper strategy on an open comm in the middle of a battle."

Syal nodded, so deep in thought that she did not catch the physical hint. "I am pretty sure that Colonel Solo or Admiral Niathal would have something to say about that..." A noise of affirmation. "I wouldn't be surprised if there is a whole stream of strategy kept from us just in-case."

They were near the hangar. "Blowing up one of the few functioning parts of the shipyard to spite the Confederation though. There was a lot of murmuring about that - but isn't that sound military logic... to deny the enemy use of a resource? I mean, we could blow up the Dodonna, rather than escort it, which would be a lot easier for us to do, but High Command has definitely dedicated to following through with their commitment..."

She didn't look much happier.

"It's a tough decision." Rhoen replied, "Could we destroy the pride of the fleet to make our way a little easier. Sure, but, we would be giving up a vital piece when there is a chance to save it. And with tearing apart our best Shipyard we need every ship we can get. It is risky yeah but, I think it might be the least bad of a lot of bad options." He hung his head about as morose as Syal. "but, we follow our orders." He looked to her, looked her in her brilliant eyes. "And watch each other's backs." His words came out a little more...upbeat that he was expecting. It had been a while since he'd been with a squadron, even longer since he'd had this particular feeling in his chest.

"If things start going south I'm sure command has backup plans. Like you said they keep things from us...just in case." He gave a smile trying to lighten the mood. It didn't help to be going into a battle with a cloud hanging over you. "We're going to get through this...alive."

Syal smiled at him, sweetly, appreciating the comradely warmth. The noise of the bustling hangar was upon them, and Syal went to reach out to Rhoen to convey her appreciation -

Suddenly she was swept up by a man, and as soon as Syal realised who it was her smile became a beautiful grin. "Tiom!" Syal kissed him deeply, and they broke for air swiftly. Looking abashed, she looked to Rhoen. "Sorry. The lieutenant from the Mawrunner I was looking for. Rhoen Aquilla, may I introduce Tiom Rordan." She indicated the newcomer.

"My fiance."

Tiorm gave Rhoen a warm expression, holding out his hand to Rhoen to shake. "So you're keeping an eye on my girl in the Wraiths?"

One could hear the young man's heart breaking as he watched what was going on. He supposed he might have been asking for it. Getting so swept up with a woman he only knew through her father's reputation. What did he expect, her to be single? Available, open to his farmboy charms? He forced a smile on his face trying to push his heart out of his stomach. He can't let this effect him, he can't let this distract him from his goal. To his credit he didn't let the pause last too long, playing off as a surprise of the man just appearing.

"That I am," he said with as much warmth as he could taking the hand into his. He promised himself not to turn it into a grip match only giving a firm but, not crushing grip and a shake before letting go. "How long have you two been an item?" He didn't want to know but, what else was he supposed to do? Just walk away dejected and broken? No, he had to power through. Wouldn't be the first time he'd put on a brave face.

Tiom smiled a bit sheepishly at the question. "We only met after Syal gave up her Lysa identity and joined her experimental squadron aboard the Mawrunner. So, what, three months?"

Syal looked similarly embarrassed. "Yes, I know, its a bit soon to get engaged, but we're at war." She squeezed Tiom's hand. "When you meet someone in these times, you need to grab hold, no?" Syal kissed Tiom again.

"I guess when you have a famous name you don't want the attention that comes with it." He could understand, being the daughter of Wedge Antilles everyone would be expecting things of you...or keeping you safe so they don't harm the golden child. He kept his smile up though he felt a knot rising in his throat. "Yeah, you take what you can before it's taken away." His parents' courtship was very different but, he wasn't going to mention that. They were happy together, they were good for each other. What was Rhoen anyway, a decent pilot with a well known name who had been out of the conflict until he was drawn into it. They had been fighting this fight from the start...maybe he should have been too? A silence fell over the conversation. A slightly awkward one as Rhoen ran out of things to say.

"Well, I'm going to go check on my fighter." He turned way giving one last look over his shoulder. "Don't keep her too long we got a long going on. I'll do my best to cover for you if you need." He made a promise, to watch her back. In or out of the cockpit. Even if looking at her now hurt but, also he couldn't help that little ember that still burned no matter how hard he tried to stamp it out.

Tiom called after him. "I appreciate that, Rhoen, I really do. I’m relying upon you - she thinks that Twee is indestructible!"

"I do not!" The bickering, light and good natured, occurred, but it did so I’m Rhoen's absence.

TAG: @Sinrebirth others in the hangar.