main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Legacy of the Force: The Last Stand

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 4, 2019.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Corran and Valin Horn

Corran had excused himself and sought out the medical bay. He had learnt that Kyle had been severely wounded and sent in for immediate treatment. One team member had fallen, Mithric. Corran knew that Valin would taking it hard to have the friendship with the other knight severed too soon.

He was directed to the suite, he paused outside. Cilghal and Tekli were tending to Kyle and Valin.

‘Give him space. Give him time.’ Corran thought to himself. He stood to the side of the door and waited. He folded his arms behind his back, his feet apart as he closed his eyes to meditate... to centre himself...

Swoosh.

The door opening alerted Corran that it was an invitation to come in. Bracing himself, he turned and stepped inside. Bowing his head in greeting to Cilghal and Tekli before his gaze fell over Kyle’s and Valin.

Valin stood up and bowed. “Master Horn.”

“Valin...” Corran waved a hand to dismiss the formalities.

“Father.” Valin responded. There was a strain in his voice.

What to say? How to console... Corran pursed his lips as he appraised his son’s expression. “I caught the report, you acted admirably under the conditions.”

“Thank you, sir.”

There was a twitch in Valin’s sullen expression. The beep of the medical equipment keeping Kyle stable was dominating the awkward silence.

“Can we, ah, step outside for a moment?” Corran asked.

Valin glanced to Cilghal and Tekli then back to Corran before he nodded.

Progress.

They stepped outside of the suite. And Corran waited for the door to close before speaking.

“How are you holding up?” Corran asked.

Valin paused to consider. “I don’t know. Numb.”

Still in shock? Corran thought. Still processing.

“I know how difficult this experience was for you,” Corran started, his tone gentle. “It is never easy and it doesn’t get easier over time.”

“People got killed because of me-“

“No, no no no.” Corran cut him off. “You were not the one whom wielded the blade. That blame falls upon Jacen-“

“Darth-“

“To blazes what he calls himself these days.” Corran retorted.

Valin gave an awkward chuckle and Corran smiled.

“Look. I know you might not feel it now, but sooner or later, hindsight will kick in and you come to realise that your actions had saved the rest of the team.”

“And Seha Dorvald.” Valin added.

“And Seha Dorvald’s actions too.” Corran acknowledged. “Come, lets get something to eat, if you feel like it.”

Valin hesitated then nodded. “I do feel a bit hungry. I also can’t help but notice that mum is not here. Where is she?”

Meanwhile at Corellia....
    @Adalia-Durron, @Corellian_Outrider for the next part.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Mirax Horn, Adalia Tehanis-Durron
    On Board The Ranger.

Mirax gently clutched the Jedi credit-fashioned pendant as the Dondonna broke apart in a fiery display. A shockwave of light emitted from the core that fling matter in all directions before the vacuum of space snuffed out the flaming debris.

The bridge was a murmur of voices from the crew. Starfighter control coordinating data to the fighters while stats for weapons and defence systems of the Ranger were constantly updating and relayed.

Adalia leaned against a nearby console, she was suddenly more aware of the lives being lost and through her connection to the Force was feeling them. Looking up as she desperately tried to control the pain washing over her, she watched the Dodonna ripped itself to shreds. For the first time she could 'feel' the deaths.

“Helm, turn us about, protect the hangar.” Mirax commanded as she eyed the wave of energy and debris that headed their way. “Brace for impact. Call our crafts out of there.”

"Tell the Squadrons! Could take them out!" Adalia pleaded under her breath as she approached Mirax. "Get them to face their noses into it ...to save their engines.....shields double front!!!”

Mirax tore her gaze away to face Adalia. She could tell Adalia was in some form of distress and her own instinct was kicking in to assist her but now was not the moment to drop everything to do so. “You heard the Colonel,” she called to the officer coordinating with the starfighters. “advise the squadrons to face the shockwave head on.“

Straightening up, the wave from the Force was easing now, the lives had been extinguished on the Dodona. She let her breathe out loudly as she gathered her wits about her. Her baby was squirming desperately, he’d felt it too and without understanding he was distressed. She placed her hand on his form and whispered. “Its ok, I know it’s scary but I’m here, nothing will happen to you while I have you here.” She knew that was a lie, but what else could she try to tell an unborn child who was clearly Force sensitive?

The Force wave had eased, but the niggling feeling that something bad was still there. The voice in her head was there again, Bernael. 'My partner, keep your forces on alert, the Dodanna may be gone but I do feel like this wasn’t the true threat, that’s yet to come.’ She blinked a few times, it was going to take time to get used to that.

"Mirax, don't stand down, this is not over, I can feel it."

TAG @Corellian_Outrider @darthbernael @Sinrebirth

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Admiral Delpin
    Aboard the Valorum, skirmish continuing

It was over, from the Corellian Supreme Commander's perspective.

Without the Dodonna, other capital ships attacking other parts of the system were in retreat, though most were driven from Corellia or Centerpoint before they did any harm. It was just another raid to keep their forces from the frontline, Delpin believed, and she didn't have much else to add than that.

But local space was strewn with E-wings and even a few hostile TIE Defenders, interspersed with K-wings, Blades, friendly Defenders and other motley fighter craft around the carrier and the frigate. It was a curious group, but Admiral Rogriss and indeed Babo had emphasised cooperation, as this group was the closest to connecting the Confederation with the Jedi, who were needed to stop Jacen Solo.

Delpin didn't care much for it, and simply watched along.

They'd be perfect for the ambush, she concluded.

TAG: No-One, just adding some thoughts for the Corellian Admiral present

4. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    IC: Kael Swiftflight, Briana Odan

Briana was looking behind their K-wing when she saw them...tons of them, she quickly keyed the intercom, “Pilot we might want to get out of the way soon, Dodonna’s about to have a very bad day...if it lives.

“Engaging SLAM now, hold on…”

Both Briana and Kael either kept watching their displays as they watched the Dodonna first impacted by the torpedoes that they had launched, which were overkill, then the rest. It seemed like seconds before the Dodonna detonated completely

Briana keyed her intercom, “Are you….are you happy now? You got your boom Swift…” she sighed. While she was pretty certain that they were the good guys, seeing a ship like that straight up explode was shocking.

Kael shrugged in his seat, “Well a bit, probably was overkill, but we didn’t have the luxury to stop at an easy point with the 181st on us, but you know time is a luxury when explosions are involved…

Briana sighed, “Yeah…

Kael grinned, “You’ve finally got one right... Certainly was a boom today.” It became something of a running gag between Kael, Adam, and Briana where their coded message with each other was, “No boom today.” Briana would usually answer with “Boom tomorrow.”

Day’s not over with yet…

I’m supposed to say that.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Rooty Aran, Loriana Starskimmer - Thank you to @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha ;)
    Battle....out there........somewhere

"Face what head on?" Rooty questioned and almost immediately understood why. His screen lit up showing him the Dodonna was blowing. "DOUBLE FRONT SHEILDS R9!" He ordered his droid as he yanked his controls hard to the side, he needed to turn around. His mind racing he scanned for Loriana. "Lori, turn around!! Shields double front!" He ordered. They were not as close as some but close enough to cause real damage in the shock wave. He'd seen it before when these big ships went up, they often spread debris over a vast area that could potentially destroy a smaller fighter.

Loriana gasped at the expanding fireball and instantly activated enhanced shielding in the front and turned. "I wonder if that's the end of it?" She wondered aloud.

R9 warbled a panicked sound and Rooty read the screen. "What do you mean there's a problem?" He asked as the explosion grew louder before him. "FIX IT!!" He snapped. R9B4 began to panic with a series of explanations, none of them made any sense to Rooty. "So do I got shields?" Another squawk. "50%?!?!" His eyes widened as the debris field began to make it's way in his direction, he opened a channel to Loriana. "You set?" He might be going down, but he wasn't going to let her go down.

Loriana answered, "Yes. I'm fine. Are you? Do we head back now?"

He was confused, but didn't have time to respond to her as the wave hit his weakened shields. At 50% they weren't holding much off, and not only the shock wave but several pieces of debris slammed into his ship, and a few broke through. R9 screamed as blue light ripped and tore across the console causing Rooty to hold his hands clear. "Oh KRIFF!" he cursed squeezing his eyes shut, as he was thrown back into his seat. The wave passed and when Rooty opened his eyes, his console was almost dark save the comm unit. "Oh this is just brilliant. R9 how bad is it?" A series of sad sound warbles came back. "That bad huh......could be worse."

Loriana was thankful her shields held against the barrage of debris she saw hurtling past on her scopes. She noticed them impact on Rooty's shields. His craft held in position but it looked like some had gotten through? There was silence over the comm unit.

She didn't lower the shielding back to normal levels, kept them reinforced.

How was he going to get out of this? He had no power. "Ok R9, you gonna fix this?" as tweet came back. "Ok, you're gonna try, I get it." He opened the comm. "You good Lori?"

"Yeah. That debris wave front was wicked. Did you take a hit?"

Rooty shifted in his seat as he scanned his screens. "You might say that."

Something in his tone made Loriana's stomach tighten. she had never fortunately yet had the anguish of helplessly watching a squadron mate get a fatal hit and then suffer a slow decline of fighter functionality or at the other end of things go whoom! in a big blast!
    Personally she'd rather the latter than the former for everyone's sakes.

"Can any of us help?" She asked urgently, meaning the others in their immediate wing.

He's started flicking switches and pushing buttons much to his droids frustration as the sounds he now made displayed. "I'm only trying to help." H muttered to the droid before responding to Loriana. "Um maybe stop anyone from making me a light display? I'm kinda of a sitting duck here, no power but R9 is working on it." He said with little conviction to his words.

No power ... that didn't sound good at all! Loriana checked her scopes and said, "I'll do my best. All the main action seems to be away from here at least for now."

"That's....er.....Good" He responded closing before muttering, "I guess." Twisting in his seat he tried to look at his droid. "R9? Talk to me!" The droid tootled and warbled a response which Rooty read on the screen. "Really gotta learn droid speak." He muttered in frustration as he read. "Five minutes!?!? I haven't got five minutes buddy! We're a target here! Do you get that?!?" He said, he was starting to allow a touch of panic to set in. More droid noises were translated before he sighed and opened the channel to Loriana. "I'm out of this game, and if I sit here for as long as R9 says its going to take, I'm out for good. I'd better let command know." He wasn't resigned to his fate, he knew things would be done, but he wasn't sure it would happen in time.

"Okay. Too bad your droid cannot make it look like you're a hunk of space junk on the enemy transponders." Loriana quipped. That was an idea she would have to run by RubiJay later. Cool defensive strategy. Hiding in plain sight as something else...

"Yeah....too bad." he said quietly but his mind was working. "Why not? I mean, I'll shut it all down, and go dark maybe........" he paused, "You need to leave me here, you need to make it look like you've given up on me!" She had a good idea, but she needed to abandon him.

She spun around and headed inbound toward the Ranger. "First sign of trouble I'm full throttle back here." She promised silently.

"Thanks" he said without any conviction as he opened a private channel only the Sabers knew of. "Vixen, help?"

TAG @Corellian_Outrider @darthbernael

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Jay Sarkin, Erbas Hawcron, Jem Vercetti, Jessie Coulson.
    Somewhere out there.

Jay pulled her craft around to face the on coming explosion, the shock wave wasn't a real issue, this was space after all, but the debris being thrown out could be a problem. As she double fronted her shields and waited she mused at how long it'd been since she'd seen something big go up, maybe the War? That was over 10 years ago, and she suddenly felt again she'd wasted so much time looking for something she was never going to find. Glancing around she took in the other ships, Erbas to her port a good distance away and facing the same way.

Erbas had swung his ship about, keeping his eyes on Jay as he did so. It didn't matter that she'd run out on him searching for something, she still loved her. Working with her was harder than he'd expected it to be and watching her as she swung her own ship to face the explosion, he felt as far from her as he could ever be, distant even. Bracing himself he prepared for the impact.

Jesse was already facing the Dodonna as he lowered his speed, he was closer and knew this was going to hurt. Diverting power to the shields he left his six void of protection and his weapons dead as he poured everything forward. If he survived this he'd be more than a little surprised.

------------------------

Medics had checked Jem over, he was fine, a few bruises and minor scratches but he was fine despite Emaline fussing over him.

"You're good to go Vercetti" the Medic said as he put his equipment away.

"Go where?" Jem asked as he rolled his eyes.

"No where!!" Emaline declared as she wrapped her arms around him. "You're staying right here now, this is all way too scary for me!"

Jem sighed. "This is what I used to do Em, its what I love doing." He confessed. He realised all to late that he'd said the wrong thing when he saw her face. "Please don't look at me like that, its in my blood, I miss it!! I felt good out there, I felt alive again." It was his turn for a confession.

Emaline knew what the Shadow Sabers had achieved in the past, she knew what they did and she knew how dangerous it was. It seemed reading wasn't enough to truly describe the fear she felt when Jem had flown out, and the utter terror of his crash landing. "How can you do this? How can you risk your life like this and want to go out again?" Her voice raised slightly.

Jem realised she'd never understand. "I'm alive out there Em." He jumped off the temporary examination table and pulled his flight suit straight. "I'm going to find out if there is something else I can fly and get back out there."

Emaline was incensed, 'how could he do this when she'd just expressed her concerns?' She planted her hands on her tiny hips. "You go out again, and scare me like that again, don't come back to me, I won't want you!" She threatened, hoping against all hopes that if she did this he'd stay.

Jem faced her, his heart twisted and torn, his duty to his sister or his promise to Emaline. He loved flying, like his sister it seemed to be in his blood. Jem hadn't lied, flying was great, like this was exhilarating, it ignited his soul. It wasn't just Emaline or Addie, it was more than that. He stood staring her silently for a handful of seconds before responding. "The Ranger is a big ship Em, find a place where I won't find you if you meant that, cause I'm going out again if I can."

TAG @Sinrebirth Anyone.

7. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    IC: Adrian & Ilona Malek, Marie Firestone, Adalia Tehanis (combo with @Adalia-Durron)
    Space Battle

The call came from The Ranger to face the blast. 'Typical Addie strategy' Marie mused as she angled her craft toward the blast, it moved slower than she was used too, but she had it in position and her shields double front. She knew this ship was a tougher piece of technology that she was used too. Before her the Dodonna was tearing herself apart and for a fleeting moment Marie was saddened by the loss of life, but this was war, and there were always losses. She glanced to make sure her counterparts were taking the advice as the debris was coming their way.

Ilona spoke a quiet prayer for the souls lost on the ship, while doubling her shield energies to protect herself from the coming debris. The Vaykrie was slower than most star fighters would hopeful still be enough to avoid at the the larger bits.

"Be careful," Adrian reminded Marie. Worried that still unused to this craft she could get in trouble.

"Told you, I got this. This is an Addie move, she always got us to do this in the War." She explained, "Superstitions or some such thing from memory." The wave pounded her shields, bits of parasteel bouncing off her strong shields. "She has ...quirks." At that moment something that resembled an arm slapped into her shields before sliding away. "Oh gods no." She groaned.

"Honestly one day you have to tell me how all you guys met,"
    Ilona said. Most of the worst was behind her and the damage to her shields acceptable.

She quickly checked on her brother and was relieved Adrian was okay as well.

Firing up her engines again Marie shook her head to get the gross image out of her mind. "Who? Me and Addie or Me and him? Or maybe Addie and him?" She teased, scanning the area, seems whatever was left was retreating. "Did we win?" She asked.

"I stood right next to you when you two first met," Ilona said. "Unless your affair has been going on for a while behind my back." She blushed at these words as she was doing this exact thing herself currently. "Meant you, Adalia and the others."

"I met her and the day after I became a wanted deserter." Adrian mumbled in the background.

"Affair?" Marie questioned. "There's nothing to talk about Ilona." She stated coolly, it was bugging her now that the other woman saw her as a child to be tormented. "We're good friends, anything else is none of your business. As to how I met Adalia...." She paused; she had been serious trouble back then. "Well, let's just say when you get into too much trouble, they send you to a tough Lead to sort you out and to stop you being booted totally! Thankfully I could be sorted and saved." On her screens she noted the ships retreating. "Where are they going?"

Ilona rolled her eyes; did Marie not understand sarcasm? Sometimes she was teasing and fun but other times she seemed to take everything personally. "Not sure where they are going," she admitted after looking at the screen in front of her for a moment. Then as a peace offering, she said to Marie, "sounds a bit like me when I was younger. Maybe we will someday find time to exchange the whole stories."

Adrian felt a bit left out and even jealous in a way Ilona now tried to get closer to Marie. But he assumed his older sister was simply testing the ground. He remembered what she had told him about Welmo, so it was probably understandable she was a bit paranoid.

Marie ignored Ilona's reference to anything about her past, it was a conversation for another time. "That withdrawal concerns me." she said biting her lip to suppress the feelings washing over her. The hairs on the back of her neck had come up, the ones on her arm prickled under her flight suit, something was wrong. "This is not over." She stated.

"Might be a trap," Ilona suspected. "The Nagai always act like this, a feint retreat to make their enemies overconfident." Having studied the military history of the galactic southwest she had always been puzzled how often these raiders had defeated far stronger opponents using this one tactic over and over again. She opened a com channel to her squad, "keep your distance from the retreat, I suspect it begin a trap, suggest us getting back into formation and then advance slowly."

"Understood," Kat replied as she and the other ships returned towards Ilona´s ship.

"Can you let the others to form up with us as well?" Adrian asked Marie.

“No….this is something……else.” She felt a shiver, like when she was child and a predator was nearby. Her Force skills were not even a patch on the weakest of Jedi, but they warned her when things were not right. “I will let them know.”

She opened to The Ranger, telling them Sweets needed Vixen. “Vixen, this is wrong…..do you feel it?”

Adalia leaned over the comm officer, “I do Sweets. Suggestions?”

“My Lead wants your team to form up with us.”

“And your Lead is who?” Adalia asked, she knew the Eruidian’s were there but she had no idea who was leading them. “Is Youngblood out there with you?”

Marie smirked. “He is, his older sister is my currently lead, not a patch on you though.”

It was Adalia’s turn to smile. “Is that so? Tell her you’re not my messenger, tell her to contact the The Ranger and speak to the ship’s Captain, Mirax Terrik-Horn.”

Marie raised her eyebrows. “Still hanging with the high and mighty I see.” She quipped.

“Careful, I know more of them than you can repel.” Adalia threatened.

“Duly noted, stand by.” Marie finished before opening to Ilona again. “Seems Vixen says if you want to make suggestions to the Captain of The Ranger. Captain Mirax Terrik-Horn…..Yes, you heard me.”

Ilona raised her eyebrows before opening the com channel, "Captain Terrik-Horn," she said, trying to be as respectful as possible. "This is the Eriaduan lead, I suggest our forces forming up in a defensive formation and get prepared for a potential counterattack."

Tag: @Corellian_Outrider

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Admiral Babo
    Aboard the Ranger, Corellian system

The Bothan spent the battle watching the interplay from his room.

He wasn't in a command position, and so he simply left it be. But he did count the fighters, and the fight as it went. It wasn't a massive engagement, but there was plenty of variables. Even Babo couldn't keep track of them all. The TIE Defenders had been a surprise, but clearly the commander of the Dodonna had overestimated their usefulness.

Babo wondered as to what was the true objective of the attack on Corellia.

Was it mere harassment?

Keeping the Confederation off-balance was a worthy goal, but the TIE Defenders... that implied more than mere distraction tactics. Solo wasn't wasteful, neither was Niathal. To sacrifice a whole Star Destroyer to bait a squadron of 181st fighters... it didn't make sense.

The Valorum had taken some damage to it's hangar in the conflict, and the Carrack's were ill-placed to take on fighter craft with hull impacts. The Corellian force would need to be repaired briefly, and then the ambush could go ahead.

For now though, the fighters had to dock aboard the Warrior or the Ranger. Babo glanced at the displays as damaged fighters, impacted by damage, headed to the Ranger, but other Corellian fighters headed to the Ranger as well. Adalia and Mirax were here...

... there was a reunion due, and Babo strode out of his room.

He went looking for the two of them, curious as to what was next.

"This Supreme Commandoer Delpin," the Corellian gave upon an open channel. "Requesting permission to meet with Colonel Tehanis aboard the Ranger. If my educated guess is correct, you're aboard that? I'd request Adam Lyons and the rest of their pilots meet me aboard the ready room." She coughed. "I hear Prime Minister Koyan would appreciate if he could attend also."

A shuttle detached from the Valorum, and made its way across the now quiet battlefield.

Another was coming from Corellia itself.

Escorts were deployed to pick up EV pilots, and take prisoners from crippled fighters.

The entire group could take a massive collective sigh of relief - Adalia, Adam, Marie, Ilona, Bernael, Renn, Romulus, Rem, Loriana, Rooty, Erbas , Jay, Jem, Jesse... and of course Welmo. They'd done it; they'd triumphed, and now, they could regroup, and rearm.

However, there was a small launch, a shuttle, carrying Face Loran, who also tuned in. "Colonel Tehanis, Captain Terrik, may I also board the Ranger and join the briefing?"

Another ship watching the system opened a private channel to Tehanis on her private comlink. "This is Natasi, I'd like to come to, if I may."

The Force continued to rumble with concern, and it would reach all the Force users here now.

The Galactic Alliance was defeated, and Corellia was the speartip of the Confederation war. It was an eroding frontline though... Delpin knew that. The ambush proposed, the trap for Jacen Solo, it was their sucker blow.

Jacen Solo, his sycophants in the GAG, and the Second Fleet as well, in one blow?

They'd win the war.

If Adalia, Adam and the rest could join in, the war could be concluded.

With a twist or turn, this briefing could be turned into what it should be; a celebration, perhaps even a party. The Corellian Prime Minister had requested it be, as a prop-piece...

Sounds awful, Delpin thought to herself.

TAG: @Anedon, @Adalia-Durron, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @darthbernael, @adaml83, @Corellian_Outrider, @The Real Kyp Durron

9. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: A tiny bit of combo action, thanks @Adalia-Durron
    IC Bernael, Renn, Romulus, and Remus
    The Fury, the Ranger

The battle came to its end. Not with a bang but more the whimper that most battles did when they ended. The cost was counted and Bernael let others do the counting, their wars, unless they truly upset the balance, were not as much of his concern except to tip them to keep that balance intact. He could not shake the sensation that something else was coming, something that would affect him and possibly Adalia. He knew this conference would bring the major players against Jacen together and where better for a saboteur to strike.

After having the duo stand down the weapons systems and begin a count of ordnance expended he checked with Renn who was full of foul mouthed retorts from the damage that had been inflicted. He chuckled at the tree and knew that Renn would make sure that the ship was in top form before they had to continue. Letting him know that he needed to be prepared and ready to step foot on the Ranger shortly he strode to the weapons bay to inform Rom and Rem.

”How much more are we helping them, Dad? They are regaining their footing.” Rom commented.

”There is another threat, tied to their foes, that is our true objective. Once you finish here, gear up, we may need it soon.” he replied before heading back to the bridge.

Knowing Adalia was onboard the Ranger, he sent a thought to her, still preferring it to the comms, keeping his presence as minimal as possible, ’Permission to come aboard?’ he thought-asked.

Sitting against a console with her arms she was wondering why this list of people were asking permission to come aboard, Face? ’Permission to come aboard?' She looked up, still not used to it, that was going to take time. 'Granted' she responded mentally. 'Mask' she added, not wanting to put others off. Not everyone knew what species he was, and those who did might not like him much.

Bernael chuckled, sending a last thought, ’Thank you for the permission and the suggestion. We shall be over soon.’ She was right though, most beings would rather set him on fire than be in the same room with him if they knew what he was. Instructing the pilot AI to bring them close enough that his small shuttle could transfer, he headed to the main cabin.

Checking his own gear, he changed into something that was a mix of battle gear and formal, his cloak over his shoulders. He lifted the mask from the stand by the bed and settled it into place. Heading to the supply space he met Rom and Rem there, Renn joining a moment later. They all retrieved the gear they thought necessary, even giving him a chuckle, ”Grenades, Rem?” he asked.

”I trust you, Dad. Rom and the tree too, but no one else so yes, grenades and they can bite me if they try to take them away.” she replied. She retrieved her blasters and knives, strapping them in place as Rom slung a blaster rifle over his shoulder, no real room for a sniper rifle in the close confines of a ship. He grabbed several grenades as well with a wry grin at Bernael.

Renn chuckled at the exchange but summoned several of his sabers and a blaster of his own, shifting his form slightly to make it the most agile and dense outer surface he could, as he too wasn’t completely sure of their allies.

Once they were all prepared, Bernael led them to the hangar where an older model, small ship to ship transport stood. ”It’ll drop us off then depart to a standoff distance, like the Fury, but with orders for immediate retrieval if necessary.” With Renn, it was a tight squeeze to get them all on the craft but they fit. A short flight later, they were deposited behind a stack of crates set there to repair one of the fighters in the hangar.

As the transport exited the hangar they moved as quietly and as unobserved as possible through the Ranger. Lifting the location of where the conference would take place from the mind of a young ensign, Bernael guided them through the maze of the ship and lifts, to that room. Rom went in first to secure it, followed by Renn and Bernael, Rem taking up the rear.

Gazing around, Bernael gestured and they moved to the shadows at the back of the room, settling into place, mostly unseen by the others that would enter. ”And now we wait for this to begin, but keep your senses out for anything unusual.” putting action to words and letting his senses drift across the length and breadth of the Ranger.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Anedon, @Adalia-Durron, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @adaml83, @Corellian_Outrider, @The Real Kyp Durron

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Mirax Terrik-Horn, Adalia Tehanis-Durron
    On Board the Ranger

Adalia straightened up and moved to Mirax. "Seems we're hosting a party." she whispered to the older woman.

“It seems that way...” Mirax responded dryly. “Maybe we could serve left over cake from the previous party.”

"Hardly think serving wedding cake is necessary." She looked down, "Not sure I can hide this much longer either." she added referring to her 'bump'. "We'd best get down there and see what this is all about."

Mirax gave a wiry smirk at what Adalia was referencing. “How about we situate ourselves in the conference room and they come to us?”

"Sounds like a plan." Adalia paused for a moment as she sensed something. "I believe one guest is already on board, but is aware of my situation." She was looking to the distance as she spoke.

Mirax arched a brow. “You are starting to sound like Corran,“ she muttered under her breath. “Do we sequester them from the others or they are trustworthy enough to not divulge others personal business?”

Her emerald green eyes swung back to Mirax. "I am? Great, Kyp's gonna love that." She rolled her eyes, "they're trustworthy and if he doesn't want to be seen, we won't see him. Really that simple."

Mirax searched Adalia’s eyes for some hint as to whom she spoke of. “Alright... keep your secrets.” She conceded, “We best prepare ourselves and hope this isn’t some ploy.”

TAG @darthbernael @adaml83 @Sinrebirth

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Aden Kya
    Coruscant, considering

Surrounded by holograms, Aden took his time to assemble his team. Those who would assist him with his revenge, one way or another.

He wanted five people, ideally of differing skill-sets. An all-pilot squadron was nothing special.

He flicked along the candidates in Rogue Wing, conscious that he didn't want to unnecessarily diminish the strength of the three squadrons he had left. Syal Antilles led Rhoen Aquilla and the rest now in her squadron, and then he had the Rogues and Blackmoons. The latter however, he had lent out to the Dodonna and the Second Fleet on a raid of Corellia - one of many harassment attacks to keep the Corellians off-balance and unable to dedicate to other fronts, like the Third had done a Commenor.

The other candidate of Lord Caedus, Tahiri Veila, she was running her own missions and schemes, but Aden didn't care for them. He would become the next Sith apprentice. His successes would dwarf anything he could have done serving Krayt, Wyyrlok and the mysterious White Eyes back on Korriban. he was finished being one of dozens of Sith, played off against each other to keep the One Sith loyal. He would become the Dark Lord one day, and with enough power, head back to Korriban with a GA fleet and bombard Korriban.

With a sneer, he refocused upon Blackmoon Squadron and called up an update from Corellia.

A series of reports flooded in; the Dodonna was gone, destroyed, as was most of Blackmoon Squadron. From the dozens of E-wings that had been deployed, only a dozen had survived, and Aden simply rolled his eyes and laid claim to those who had not died among the other squadrons. Apparently some TIE Defenders had been present, but none had escaped. He wouldn't have minded some of them!

But what was really interesting, was the presence of a Victory-class Star Destroyer escorted not just by two Carrack-class cruisers, but also a frigate and carrier arriving from Eriadu but also from an unknown location. He called up some of the records, noting TIE Defenders, K-wings - and, was that Marie's piloting style there? He was sure he recognised at least some of the moves taken...

He dug into his GAG contacts, and quickly decided who had to be there. With a glance in a reflective surface to see how he looked, he reached out to it on the galactic HoloNet, pushing out with fingers in the Force to see if he could find her in both mediums.

"Adalia, is that you?"

TAG: @Adalia-Durron (mostly)
    ---

Aboard the Ranger, hangar bay

There was a confluence of threads in the Force, all coming together aboard the Ranger. Bernael, Renn, Romulus and Rem would detect them all, a curious four in the background of events. A man stopped into the meeting room first; he was bald, with a scar upon him. "The name's Face Loran."

He quirked an eyebrow. "I pride myself on knowing a lot of things, but I don't know about you... save that you stand up to darksiders in your spare time..."

The mind present was inquisitive, sharply so, but he wasn't the sharpest man aboard the ship.

Other minds were here, a ruthless woman aboard a lone shuttle waiting to be noticed, even though she announced herself to the datapad of Adam and even Trec, along secret frequencies she should not have known. Seemingly, 'Natasi' wanted a private chat...

Welmo was looking for the others, glancing at the Malek's, at Loriana, and he found himself sauntering over to Loriana. He was a pilot like her, but she'd had a TIE Defender; that was impressive. "So, you're one of the pilots that left with Colonel Tehanis?" He held out a hand. "I'm Welmo Darb, I jus arrived from Eriadu to help the cause."

The hangar included a TIE Defender that the pilot didn't immediately emerge from; indeed, everyone was accounted for... so who was the mystery pilot? A tech in the employ of Mirax went to check, and found the fighter was already empty... and suddenly the Aqualish forgot why he was here at all. The Force was full of so many people right now that the slight tweak of the hidden occupant didn't stir nearly enough to be noticed...

As for Adrian, there was a little tug and he would find himself yanked into a side room off the hangar. He would suddenly be uncomfortably close with a blond woman in black, three scars marring the forehead of her otherwise beautiful complexion. “The Senator’s son, yes?”

Yes, the tweak was detectable, but not sufficiently to warrant much attention...

To add to the tumult, there was that Corellian shuttle on it's way, with the Prime Minister heading to greet his new allies...

TAG: @darthbernael, outstanding and updated TAGs for @adaml83 (combo), @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Anedon, @Corellian_Outrider

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Loriana was just glad to be onboard the Ranger again & wondered how her other squadmates were faring when she was approached by someone introducing himself as Welmo Darb.

"Yes, I was in one of the TIE Defenders, not what I'm used to, but thankfully the learning curve wasn't too steep in the sims."

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    OOC: Combo with @Sinrebirth :cool:
    Welmo smiled. "Wow, that's quite cool. I've always wanted to try my hand at a TIE Defender!" He looked around for the way out the hangar. "Did you want to grab a drink in the refectory? You had some impressive moves out there and I've love to swap notes."

"Sure," Loriana said with a smile. "The upsides of the TIE Defender are different from those of an X-wing, which I'm used to. My trusty astromech, RubiJay, has been inventively tweaked to interface more with an X-wing."

He matched her warmth. "Well, no time like the present, right?"

"Did you manage to integrate RubiJay with the TIE? You don't see many astromechs aboard TIEs." He began to lead her into the ship. "Though I don't know where the food is?" He'd came with the Eriaduans, not with Loriana and her team, so she would need to show him where to go for a drink."

He chuckled at himself.

"No," Loriana said, "I had to work with the onboard systems for targeting etc. Let's see where the refectory is...?" She consulted a nearby dataport hub. "It's on this deck just I believe they call it aft." She grinned.

They headed for a turbolift.

He grinned back. “Well lead the way, Loriana... or should I call you Lori?”

"Lori's fine." Loriana answered as they stepped into the just arrived lift car.
    She continued, "I'm going to order up some hot chocolate with whipped cream!"

Anedon and darthbernael like this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Rooty, Jay, Erbas, Jessie, Marie
    All on Deck

Rooty had watched the new man move across the deck and introduce himself to Loriana, and instinct was kicking in, or was it something else? He didn't like him whoever he was.

"Careful Rooty, she's a free agent." Jay warned quietly beside him as she removed her gloves. "No one owns anyone, you know that."

Rooty frowned. "I never even thought that." he stated turning to her, "I just don't want anyone moving in on her, I really like her."

Erbas approached as he spoke. "So go join them, throw a hydrospanner in his works." He suggested.

Marie had jumped out of the Valkyrie and now jogged across the deck. "Sabers!!" She called out as she got close, causing Rooty, Jay and Erbas to turn around.

"Well look what the ............what is that you are flying?" Jay laughed as she met Marie and hugged her. "Good to see you safe Sweets."

Marie glanced back at the two other Valkyrie ships, "I have a good protector and his sister." she laughed looking around. "Where's Jem?"

Erbas looked around and saw the damaged ship. "He came in hot, I heard over the comm he was ok, but probably in the infirmary being checked over."

"And being told off by Emaline." Jesse said approaching, "Good work out there all of you. Some really nice flying and fighting." he added.

"All in a days work." Rooty quipped, "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to see if a hydrospanner will fit." He grinned before turning and striding across the deck.

"Wish him all the luck." Erbas said quietly.

"There's a briefing, but we're not invited." Jesse looked over at the plethora of new ships, bigger ships landing on the far side. "I think we have some big name company, I guess Adalia had drawn some attention."

Jay laughed. "It's what she does best!"

TAG @Sinrebirth @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

15. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Bernael, Renn, Romulus, and Remus with @Sinrebirth as Face
    Aboard the Ranger, Meeting room

Bernael glanced at the man as he entered the room. One eyebrow went up as he spoke, inquisitive but did not seem to know much at all about him. Just before he went to answer he felt a probing touch, one not reaching for him. He shuttered himself away from that touch, yes they needed to meet but on his terms, when the man did not realize he would be there.

His gaze returned to the man, ”My spare time, yes..”

Another touch on the fluidity of the Force, he explored it, standing off for the moment. And then another, a seemingly empty ship, a tweak to a being’s mind having been made. And then an interesting guest. So far as he could sense the first was there to speak to one or two others, the third had eyes for one they had already found. But the second, someone who thought themselves hidden and obscured from others. His eyebrow rose once more.

His mind touched Rom and Rem’s, ’Alert posture, three possibles, one of higher priority, unless they jeopardize events here allow them their obscurity. For now, senses only, no hunt.’

Renn had chuckled at the short answer from the vampire, sending his senses over the man, ”Call it a hobby, among other things, when such is needed.” he replied as well, giving the man two areas of focus to decide where or which was most important to reply to.

Face watched them, noting an interplay between them. Force users. His mind remained sharp, and indeed, blank. He'd definitely trained himself to be silent in his mind. "Your spare time?"

"Makes a man wonder what you consider to be your primary vocation, when hunting Dark Jedi is a hobby."

His expression was neutral, as ever. "Also makes me wonder why you've not had a chat with Colonel Solo."

Bernael stayed quiet, letting his mind encompass all that was going on here but he caught something, the utter blankness of the man’s mind. His lip twitched behind the mask and he sent a one word thought to Renn.

The Nagai were slightly restless, eyes roving back and forth, even as they reached out themselves, toward the points that their Dad had mentioned. Hands stayed clear of weapons but it was clear that the instant that violence erupted there would be a response, if not fractions of a second before.

Renn chuckled as he heard the response then chuckled again at the thought from Bernael. Turning his gaze on the man once more, ”Of course a spymaster would ask such a question…” he said with a chuckle. Merriment in his eyes, ”Of course, being such, I doubt you’d like all the answers you’d find if that question was answered.”

He glanced at the vampire, a questioning look that received a flat look in response. Turning his gaze back to Face, ”What makes you think our actions now are not part of a ‘dance’ with...Solo, intended to cause him to make a step we desire?”

"Because he's Jacen Solo," Face said drily. "He's a force of nature; he decides what happens. Either it's his way, or in the opposite direction to what he did. Every single time."

He gestured generally. "Take the galaxy generally. Had Jacen not stepped up to lead the GAG, nobody would have done. Mara was asked; she said no. Without the GAG, the galaxy would not have been able to accuse the GA of being the Empire, and without Solo to encourage Niathal, she wouldn't have launched a coup against Omas. Hell, without Solo, Sal-Solo wouldn't have targeted the family and been killed, handing Gejjen, an extremist beyond even Sal-Solo, power on Corellia."

"Jacen, Jacen, Jacen."

"If you're making Jacen dance like this..." Face grinned. "You're an enemy of peace. So, I imagine you mis-worded that much."

Renn laughed, almost doubling over. Slowly recovering he looked back up to the man, ”This is what one gets for giving any information to one such as you, conclusions are reached, whether correct or not.”

He glanced at his old friend, sighing as another form of communion passed between them, not truly through the Force but through the bond that all beings have, albeit in their case much stronger. Turning back to the man, ”Much of what Solo accomplished occurred before our arrival on the stage, so to speak. There are...reasons...for that late arrival. So what is left is to make him make a misstep that lets him be removed from the board.”

His body shivered and seemed to, truly did, shift through several forms in rapid succession as he thought. ”Suffice it to say we have the trust of Colonel Tehanis and are here to ensure that certain things are done. But I would hurry if you have more questions, there are already issues onboard and more, much larger ones, on their way.”

"Awfully irresponsible of you, to turn up late to a war," Face cracked, grinning.

"And sure, my conclusions are haphazard, but I imagine you're overselling your weight in things." A shrug. "It's fine, I get it. If Adalia is indeed aware you're here, and you true identity and, dare I say it, loyalties, then I'll leave it be. It struck me as pretty easy to sneak aboard a ship like this just after a pretty chaotic battle, is all."

He put his hands into his pockets.

Renn turned to Bernael, a mental shrug. Behind his mask, Bernael snorted. Turning his gaze to the man, ”I had permission to land, I just choose not to be seen when I desire not. This however, was easier than sneaking aboard the Ocean when both Aden Kya was in custody and Jacen Solo was on board. Then rescuing Colonel Tehanis, repairing her mind, and assisting her to escape, before leaving myself, after witnessing an interesting moment between Kya and Solo.”

Bernael knew he’d given the man quite a bit of information just then, possibly confirming several things to the man, or changing his perceptions of them, but sometimes it was necessary. ”But you ignored the caution from my tree friend, unless you yourself invited aboard the two anomalies already on board or the third that is swarming even closer.” the lack of emotion to his tone was no threat but the words could certainly be taken that way by those who didn’t understand a flat statement.

"Aden Kya, eh? So he's in your cross-hairs too. You would have been handy hunting down Lumiya a couple weeks back..." Face nodded. "Warning noted, but I reserve the right to make a judgment call about anomalies on my own, after all." He smiled broadly, clearly used to this multi-layered approach.

"Well, I'd best get back to reporting on matters here to Coruscant; did you want me to include you, or omit you?"

A feeling of Bernael being amused by the question permeated the air for the moment, ”Keeping me ‘off the record’ will be every so much more enjoyable when everyone begins to make their presences known. A tool you have available that others do not know of is often more of value than one everyone knows you have.” he said before returning to keeping an eye on the anomalous things happening in the area and on the ship.

Face nodded. “I do like a few skifters in the deck myself.” He waved at them as he went to go. “I thought you should know there is an extra TIE Defender pilot aboard; I took it was you, but you four wouldn’t fit. So, the infiltrator is already aboard and I’m off for a wander to find them.”

There was a slight tweak in the Force... someone had used it... and it hadn’t been Adalia.

Bernael nodded to the man as he turned to leave. When the hatch shut behind him, he turned, ”It’s time..” he stated. Turning back to face the conference room, he and they stood, waiting for the others to arrive. However, several moments later, the hatch cycled.

A thought reached out, through another bond, ’Adalia, at least one infiltrator is on board, I am headed to you now. Prepare yourself.’

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Anedon, @Adalia-Durron, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @adaml83, @Corellian_Outrider, @The Real Kyp Durron

16. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    IC: Adrian Malek, Tahiri Veila (Combo with @Sinrebirth)

Adrian looked into the unkown womans face, uncomfortable with how close she had stepped next to him. "Yes," he said. "Well former Senators son, my father has been retired for over a decade now." He asked himself why he was the one approached by her, if they wanted to talk about politics Ilona would have made more sense.

The woman's face was neutral at the correction. "Still, if one was to hold you hostage, wouldn't he put pressure upon the Eriaduan government to leave the Confederation...? There was no one Bothan I could kidnap... no Corellian of sufficient relevance... but you?" Her eyes were searching, clearly trying to pick out a useful connection.

Adrian shivered but knew instantly how he had to go on. "Hardly," he said, his voice dead serious while his eyes looked around to find Ilona, but he couldn´t see her. "Have you heard the story of the war for Eriadu? The Sith had captured the governors own son and tried to threaten his father with his death. You know how he reacted? He calmly told his son to remain brave and die for his homeworld. So, if back then the governor wouldn´t surrender when his own son was threatened, how much do you think the Quintad will care if its the son of a minor noble most of them consider an upjumped workers kid?"

"The Sith?" The woman said, eyes narrowed. "There are no Sith left," she said. "Well, there is one, and hopefully two, soon." Her hand raised and she held his throat in her physical grip. "So what about your friends here? Do they care enough to return to the GA?"

"Doubt it," Adrian said, trying to remain strong in her grip. Then he rammed his knee into her lower regions. He knew it wouldn´t hurt her as much as a male but it would hopefully still do damage.

She winced, stepping back only slightly but letting go. Her own knee raised, lightning fast, to repeat the favour. The woman - who hadn't identified herself yet - couldn't use the Force for fear of being caught, but she knew how to fight. She steered herself between the door and Adrian, ready to issue some real pain.

The response came quicker than Adrian had expected and the pain exploded through his body as he broke down, trying to get some air back into his lungs so he could shout for help. Where were Marie and Ilona? Why was nobody seeing this?

Her fist came out, punching him in the nose, breaking it, and then she raised her hands, joining them together to smash down on the him, jumping up so she got the height -

Don't use the Force, don't use the Force, don't use the Force.

She was repeating it to herself as a mantra.

Adrian saw her jump and rolled to the side trying his best to ignore the pain in his nose. Predicting where she would land he raised his fist to slam it into her side.

Tahiri hissed, dropping to her side as she was winded. With a growl, she stood and swung her foot in the limited space, hoping to pull off a truncated roundhouse kick on the side of his head.

Adrian saw her foot and turned his head away softening the blow, with it still in his face he grabbed her boot and turned her foot left with all strength he had left, hoping to dislocated it and cause her enough pain to fall.

She had no choice; she touched the Force and flipped over with his turn, her other foot taking Adrian across the face.

As she landed, she swore. “Kark it.” She opened the door, and vanished into the ship. She couldn’t afford to be found.

Adrian moved slowly up to his feet after the unknown woman had left him. He felt his head swimming and almost instantly collapsed again after getting up. But he finally got enough air into his lungs to yell for aid, to hopefully have someone realize what was going on here.

Tag: Anyone willing to find/help Adrian...

17. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    IC: Jay, Erbas, Jessie, Marie, Jem, Emaline, Adrian (combo with @Adalia-Durron)

“I’m fine!” Jem said for the fifth time as Emaline continued to fuss over him. “Stop it!” He almost snapped.

Emaline was persistent as she trotted along beside him. “It’s my job to fuss! I’m your fiancé!” She liked saying that, liked hearing it.

“Yeah, but you’re gonna kill me with kindness, give me some space please?” he begged as the entered the hangar, he just wanted to see his friends again, hear what they did, how they did and if the knew what their next move was.

Emaline sighed loudly and dramatically. “Fine, I’ll be on…….that!” She pointed toward the The Crystal Dawn.

Jem smirked. “You call the Dawn that in front of my sister and see how far she takes you in it.”

Emaline snorted and stalked away, she wasn’t angry, more annoyed but she was just putting on a bit of a show, she knew that.

Jem gave his head a shake before glancing around the hangar to see Erbas, Jay, Jesse and Marie. “Marie’s back, that’s good.” He muttered as he broke into a jog to approach them. As he got closer, he saw something that caused him to speed up. Someone was struggling to stand and move along the nearby bulk head and from here it looked like the man was bleeding.

Jay looked up with a grin, “Jem!!!”

Erbas similarly saw him and broke into a broad smile. “You like making messes don’t you Kid?”

Jesse turned to see him running and went to ask what hurry was but before he opened his mouth Jem bolted past the group. “What’s your hurry?” he asked loudly.

Marie followed Jem with her eyes, then they fell on the man. “ADRIAN!!!” She cried before breaking into a similar bolting run.

Jem reached him first. “Hey, what happened? Do we need a medic?” He grabbed Adrian around the waist to help him stand.

"Was attacked, a blonde woman... Is she still around?" Adrians eyes scanned the hangar, he hadn´t seen her leave after she had given him that final push. He clung himself to Jem just to be able to stand and continue to fight against the pain.

Marie arrived instantly grabbing him from the other side. "Adrian!?!? Are you ok?" She'd heard what he'd said. "I didn't see anyone!" She looked up at Erbas, Jay and Jesse arrived.

"Get him to the infirmary." Jesse ordered.

"Follow me, I know the way." Jem said passing his position off to Erbas.

"Did you get a look at her? Did you know her? Have you seen her before?" Jay began to bombard him with questions.

"Blonde, attractive, dark clothing," Adrian said while trying his best to ignore the pain walking cost him. "Don't know who she is but... I think she used the Force on me." While he had grabbed her foot and was turning it, something had pushed him away, something that wasn't physical.

Marie wanted to let go, wanted to pout even, but she pulled herself back as they walked. "Attractive?" she questioned.

Jay glanced at her as she hurried to the turbo lift. "Was that all you got out of that?"

"Focus Marie." Erbas warned.

"Force user? On board?" Jesse asked as they reached the turbolift. "I wonder if Adalia knows?"

Adrian rolled his eyes at Marie's words. "Trained then," he said. "She knows how to fight, not sure why she suddenly backed off." He spat out some of the blood from his mouth. "Maybe she belongs to the same group as the ones who attacked us on Eriadu?"

"Jay, you take the lead, get him down and fixed up, taken notes." I'm going to see the Colonel about this." Jesse ordered. "And I'll get the hangar deck searched, whoever this is, she's still out there." He turned and strode toward the nearby deck officer as the turbolift opened.

"Come on, let's get you in." Erbas almost grunted, "Before Marie over there has a jealousy melt down."

"I ....you.....you're ...I...." Marie spat in defense.

"Jealousy?" Adrian muttered, so Marie felt something for him as well? Again, he tried to clear his head but everything was still swirling.

“Ignore him, he has no idea what he’s talking about.” Marie grumbled, “He’s just trying to rile me.” She added shooting Erbas a vicious glare.

"Oh.." Adrian muttered somewhat disappointed. There was one question on his mind, where had everyone else been? Why had he suddenly stood there alone? "Where is Ilona?" he asked. "That woman said something about using me as a hostage. She might be in danger.."

Jay pulled out her comlink "She's with Rooty, will give her the heads up." She turned and spoke into the comlink quietly hoping no one on the other end would be alerted, before turning back. "Rooty's all over, now let's just get you fixed up."

"Yeah, probably need it right now," Adrian said while trying to produce a smile.

Tag: Anyone

18. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    OOC: It's a bit of catching up, though it's an idea that took some time to form in my head.

IC: Adam Lyons, Kael Swiftflight, Briana Odan, Trec ke Mattino

Adam was still chuckling to himself even as he was landing on board the Ranger. He received a message from the K-wing, which he assumed was Lovely Broadcap Thirteen, that said, “From gunner to bombardier, ‘Are you happy now?’” It was something of a coded phrase, or at least it used to be during the Vong War when one of Swift’s explosions was… too much.

Adam waited for the mechanics to get Tawg down from his he watched a couple of starfighters come in shortly after he had landed. One an X-wing and the other a K-wing. He studied the paint jobs of the fighters. They were predominately black with the K-wing looking like it was running from an explosion while the X-wing looked like it had a stripe showing stars.

Adam was standing there watching Kael head over towards him, something in the back of his mind went, She’s over there, it felt similar to the feeling he had after the very brief training he’d had with Tyria Sarkin, mainly for sneaking and a little tracking. He grinned inwardly as he headed over to Kael.Seems that the K-wing had a fitting paint job.

Kael nodded, “Good thing that it’s fast when it needs to be also. Never seen a Star Destroyer detonate that way. Do you think it was damaged?

Adam nodded, “Seems like it was patched up hastily, I thought they had more ships than that.” His eyes darted towards the direction where Briana was, he noticed Kael glance in that direction and shake his head. “I believe…” and at that moment he was tackled by Briana and he skidded along the hanger floor.

Briana hugged Adam, “I knew they wouldn’t get you…” she gazed into his eyes and whispered, “You knew…” at Adam’s small nod, “You must have known during the Vong War…” another nod, she thumped Adam’s chest. “Killjoy…

Kael laughed as he walked over to where Adam and Briana were, “Not like we’re going to stop you from doing your thing. It’s too entertaining.

Really!?” she kissed Adam on the forehead and they both stood up. “Thanks.”

Adam chuckled, “Your fun can make for some great leads…

Briana smirked and was about to speak when Trec walked over shaking his head, “That is the weirdest way I’ve seen anyone greet someone else.

Briana smirked and poked Adam in the stomach, “Ehh he deserves it. He’s the only one who gets that greeting.

Trec was just thinking of what that reminded him of. His thought was that of a small Adumari farm animal tackling its owner. He kept that image at the forefront of his mind, he then shook his head, “Strange,” he shook his head, “Anyways, we got a message, Adam to meet with someone.

Adam shook his head, “Hard to believe she’s still around…” he then looked at Kael and Briana, “I suppose you two will want to talk to Face since he’s here.

Kael grinned, “Yeah we’ll find out what he’s up to.

Briana gave Trec a stare, “You need a callsign.

Trec sighed, “Most call me Lead, some Boss.

Adam chuckled, “Off you two…” and he brought Trec along with him as they went off to find their meeting.

Trec looked at Adam, “At the Academy, they called me Action Zone...briefly.” At Adam’s confused look, “My grandfather was in an ad for some pants brand, and the other students ran with it...it didn’t go well for them.” he grinned somewhat maliciously, “They stopped.

TAG: @Sinrebirth (heading for combo), @Adalia-Durron (it's real!), @darthbernael (the last two are only because they're force sensitive and might actually get that image. It was almost if a non-Force user was trying to for an image in people's heads.)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    OOC--a smokin' fine combo with @Sinrebirth \ @Anedon \ @Adalia-Durron

:D
    ~
    "That sounds lovely," Welmo said. "Definitely going to have one myself." They reached the turbolift, and Welmo saw a pilot heading their way from the corner of his eye as he and Lori stepped in. He had already pressed the button to head off. "Oops," he muttered -

Rooty quickened his step as the turbo lift doors closed, "Kriff it" He muttered as he reached it and realised the lift was moving. He pressed the button to call it or the one beside it right back and began to pace with his hands on his hips.

Ilona arrived at the lift only moments after Rooty. The second she had seen Welmo talk to that girl her interal alarm had gone of. She knew what he was trying to do and that she had to stop it right now. "Are you kidding me," she muttered as the elevator's doors closed in front of her.

Rooty turned to her. "You know him?" he asked sharply almost immediately realising he'd not even said hello to her, having not seen her in weeks. 'I'm sorry, good to see you safe. What are those ships?"

"Yes I know him and let me tell you that the longer he is with her the more damage he will cause," Ilona said, before turning around to greet him. "Ships? You mean the Valkyries?"

"Yeah, Valkyries? Can't say I've heard of them, but that means nothing. Pretty narrow minded about ships." He turned back to the turbo lift. "What sort of damage will he cause, and do I need my blaster?"

"Not that kind of damage," Ilona said. "At least I hope not even if a blasterbolt in the back might the thing he deserves." She took a deep breath. "He will try to get into her pants, as well as into her head. He... he and I used to be together a long time ago, I don´t want her to go through the things I did."

Rooty growled under his breath. "So he's pond scum. Got it." He pushed the button again. "Come on!"

"He is," Ilona said. "Don´t let him fool you."

The doors to the second elevator opened. "I won't, just hope she doesn't. You coming?"

"Of course," Ilona stepped into the lift. "An idea to what level he took her?"

The car slid to a stop and the doors opened.

Loriana stepped out of the lift and said, "Sign shows the refectory's down this way. I hope I'll see my squadmates there, see what the higher-ups will have for us next. Hope there'll be some down time for a bit ..."

The doors closed as Rooty pursed his lips. "I'm taking a guess to get a drink or something to eat, he's new and that'd be the only place she'd take him I guess." He pushed the correct button to take them there. "So, Valkyrie's fast?" Speed was all Rooty cared about.

"No," Ilona said, "at least when compared to the ships of other nations. They rely more on heavy armor and weaponry, slow but steady you know. If you are seeking speed the Erlking is the fastest Eriaduan Starfighter."

The turbolift stopped. "You'll have to show me one of them one day." The doors opened, "but right now I'd like you to just play along with me, don't want to be the lunatic here." He winked.

"Okay, I´ll trust you with this," but keep my knife ready.

Welmo kept his smile going. "That'd be nice, but some one-on-one instruction would be useful, I reckon. I want to be able to fly like you, Lori!" He grabbed a tray in the refectory, and another for her.

Lori settled at a table in view of the doors. "What I really found useful was time in the sims. We were confronted with unique scenarios and problems we had to puzzle through on the spot. If you'd like, you can speak to one of the squad leaders. I'm sure they'll be able to arrange something. I wouldn't mind another run through the sims if we don't ship out. Now that the immediate skirmish is finished, my squad might be leaving."

“Well I hope not,” Welmo said. “Unless I can get a transfer? Not sure how it works in rebel militaries.” He laughed a little. “I’d just like to see more of you in action.” He said it a bit shyly, and actually blushed.

Loriana answered: "Oh, I'm nothing. You should see the remarkable piloting and firepower of Colonel Tehanis' original squadmates. I joined up with them at Adumar. They snark a bit but they're cohesive and they keep the enemy lasers clean off your afterburners."

That reminded her of Rooty's predicament & she felt a knot of worry settle in the pit of her stomach. She hadn't heard of him being critically injured or in the med-ward, but they hadn't had an official briefing yet.

Welmo nodded. "Adumar! Makes sense. So where were you between then and now?" He planted his tray, and accepted his order. He shifted some credits to the Kubaz serving them, and paid for Loriana's as well.

Loriana said "Thanks for picking up the cred," and then frowned thoughtfully at the question. She didn't think anything they had been involved in was a classified thing, but she didn't know what prompted the question, idle small talk or something else? Coming from Corellia made her tread with affable warmth but carefully.
    She sought to deflect by asking: "I don't think I've seen you before. What're you here for, joining up or what? You're not a holojournalist are you?"

“Force, no!” Welmo laughed. “I’m with the Eriaduan contingent. Helped destroy those GA forces that attacked Taris before we headed here. Colonel Lyons and his group. I gather he has history with Colonel Tehanis as well.” He set down his tray and sat down with her. “It’s like a reunion, just with more dead bad guys."

The Turbo lift opened and with haste Rooty made his way down the corridor, without looking like he was in a hurry but failing. "His kind boils my blood." He said over his shoulder to Ilona, "And I'm very sorely tempted to clock him one for you."

"Would prefer to do that myself, but you can have a go at him as well," Ilona said. She was less burning with rage but instead with a cold anger.

Rooty smirked, Ilona was a good woman and deserved to avenge her own humiliation. "If there's anything left." He grinned. Entering the mess, he scanned and found them immediately. "Guess who's coming to dinner?" he asked with a wicked smile.

It felt almost like a flashback to Ilona seeing Welmo sitting and eating with the young woman. For a brief moment she asked herself how many other victims he might have had over the years but decided to not think about it any further, at least not now. "I honestly wonder why so many people fall for his cheap tricks," she muttered.

Loriana was relieved by the mention of Adam Lyons; and the mention of Eriadu and Taris.

She glanced up at the sound of the doors opening and saw someone she had been hoping to run into.

She leapt up and rushed across. "Rooty! You're in one piece!" Her smile was radiant.

Rooty was taken aback, happy, and a little overwhelmed. He'd hoped he'd attracted her attention, but this was much more than he'd ever hoped for. "I am, so are you, and that's the best thing I've seen all day." He reached out and grasped her hands, gently squeezing them with affection. Her eyes were sparkling, her smile so warm, he'd almost forgotten why he'd come here, almost. "So,.." he glanced over her shoulder, "who you having dinner with?" He raised an eyebrow.

Ilona decided to say nothing to this but instead moved towards Welmo, just in case he jumped up and tried to escape.

Loriana shrugged and kept her hands in his. "Someone named Welmo Darb. Claimed to be part of the group helping out at Taris, from Eriadu. He struck up a conversation, saying he was impressed with my flying. I was headed this way anyway so we came in the same lift car. You want to join us?"

Rooty gave a slight shrug. "Was hoping for just us, but sure, what are we having?" He didn't want to let go of her hands, holding them had sent a slight thrill through him. He glanced noting Ilona moving, this guy was going nowhere and they were about to make him way uncomfortable.

Loriana said, "Just hot drinks and snacks, or whatever. I'm having hot chocolate & cream topping."

"Chocolate, huh?" Rooty smiled, he knew the owner of one of the galaxy's largest cocoa producers, he was well versed with chocolate. "Lead the way, you had me at chocolate."

"Ah," Loriana said as they made their way to her table, "So you like chocolate? We're going to get along even finer than I thought." She grinned. "I'm still looking forward to our next dance."

Ilona watched them silently, but kept most of her attention on Welmo, something was going to happen but she wasn´t sure how her former lover would react.

Welmo pursed his lips, and then smiled broadly. "Lori and I were exchanging notes about how we got here. It's been one helluva a twisting and turning one." His smile wobbled at Ilona. "I won't deny I was pursuing an ulterior motive," his cheeks reddened. "Lori is a beautiful, um... flier."

"Interesting," Ilona said as she took a place at the table as well. "Mind if I sit with you?" she tried to keep her voice friendly.

“I don’t mind if Lori doesn’t,” he said, tone stretched a little but still pleasant.

"Sure. I'm Loriana Starskimmer. And you are...?" She glanced at Ilona. "Seems like you two know each other?" She indicated Welmo.

"We do," Ilona said with a dark smile. "Don't we, dear?" She asked Welmo as she took his hand and squeezed it.

Rooty gave Ilona a sideways smile and shot her a wink. "So what are we having lovely Loriana?" He asked slipping his arm around her waist lightly to guide her, and more. It was a show, a display to Welmo, to back off.

Welmo watched the hand on Lori’s waist, and then returned his eyes to Ilona. He placed his hands back on his tray and looked forlorn. “I can get a hint, don’t worry.” He stood, turned to head to another table -

Ilona held Welmo's hand tight, refusing to let go. "So you can whisper sweet words into the ear of the next girl you run into? Just for records sake, how many did you have since the Vong War? How many lives did you ruin?" She was angry now and not ready to just let him slip away.

Welmo looked sadly at her. “Ilona, I appreciate we broke up under less than auspicious circumstances but you need to let it go. I’m moving on, and trying to do right. If you want to hit me again, then get it over and done with and let me go.”
    He tried to tug himself free without knocking over his friend. “Sorry, Lori.”

Rooty glanced at the angry woman. "We might .....um...." He turned to Lori, "How about we give these some space?"

So much for help, Ilona thought bitterly. "That´s not what this is about," Ilona said. "I don´t want to 'avenge' my own stupidity on you, believe me that's a galaxy beyond me." She turned towards the woman Welmo had called Lori, "what did he ask you about?" It was just a suspicion but maybe there was more to Welmo's return than just trying to get into another girl's pants.

Lori was surprised when Rooty put his arm around her but not displeased. At the sparks between Ilona and Welmo, her curiosity piqued. To Ilona's question she said, "Just about my starfighter and how I got here, where I went after Adumar. I didn't mention our most recent mission in specifics, though."

"But he was asking about that? Kind of a strange topic for a date don´t you think?" She looked at Rooty, hoping he would understand what was going on here.

Loriana frowned. She had thought so, too. That was why she had been purposely vague. She glanced at Rooty, awaiting his explanation.

Rooty's eyes widened. "What are you after?" he released Loriana and move to stand toe to toe with them man.

Ilona turned towards Welmo, she knew this was risky, and it required her to abuse her position as both an officer and a noble, but the risk was simply too great. "Welmo Darb. I hearby accuse you of spying on grounds of what you did here. By my position as officer I herby strip you of your position in the Eriaduan armed forces. You will be placed under arrest while we will investigate the charges against you. If you are innocent, and I can only hope your sake that you are, I hope you will be willing to cooperate with us on the matter."

Welmo wasn't even that far away from the table, and he spun back, surprised. "Well, I, I -" He looked at an utter loss. "I accuse you of abusing your authority to pursue a grudge because I cheated on you!" His voice grew more certain as he found his mental footing. "You have a conflict of interest and I will be lodging a formal complaint to your supervising officer that you are acting at best unprofessionally and at worst maliciously!"
    "I will of course completely cooperate," he said, slamming his tray and stepping towards her. "On the basis that you completely remove yourself from the investigation pending the inevitable counter-investigation into your conduct." He was visibly angry.

"I agree to that demand." Ilona said, having already expected this retort. "As we are outside of Eriadu currently for now I will hand you over to Colonel Tehanis, as you have served with the Eriaduan military you know the protocol allows for an allied party to help in takeing care of such matters." She nodded to Rooty, "can you let the colonel know about her knew, responsibility?"

“Fine,” he said, sullen. “Lori, if you want to hear my side of the story, if she lets you form your own opinion, that is, I’ll be in my bunk.”
    At that he turned and left.

At that moment Rooty's comlink chimed and he almost instinctively reacted pulling it out and turning away. Years of training made him react like this and he was glad he'd done so as he turned back. "Ilona, you need to get to the infirmary. Seems your brother is in a spot of difficulty. Jay just told me he was attacked on the hangar deck." His eyes flicked to the now disappearing Welmo, "I guess we can rule him out." He turned to Loriana. "I'm sorry you have had to witness all this." He bit his lip considering for a moment. "I've heard Welmo isn't the most honest and trustworthy person on board The Ranger at this point." He shrugged, "Just trying to protect you."

Loriana smiled and gave Rooty's hand an impulsive squeeze. "Ilona, I'm so sorry!" She knew how she'd feel if one of her siblings was attacked. "Would you like some company?" She was willing to stand by supportively; she liked Ilona even on so brief an acquaintance.

"That would be nice," Ilona said and gave Lori a thankfull nod. This situation was getting worse with every moment. "We should head to Adrian now, and best have someone keep an eye on Welmo as well, just in case."

"I'll go watch him, make sure his bunk is where he's heading." Rooty smiled warmly at Loriana. "You go with her, we will catch up later for chocolate and whatever." He winked at her, "Got a great story about that to tell you sometime as well." He turned to her, it was clear she'd made her choice and he wanted to cement that somehow. Impulse was Rooty's middle name and without warning he leaned into her and gently kissed her cheek. "Till later?" He didn't want to wait for her reaction in case it went the wrong way, so he turned and strode away after Welmo.

Loriana prepared to accompany Ilona, and she decided that she was becoming happier by the moment she had teamed up with this particular bunch of pilots. Rooty in particular was endearing himself to her in a most unexpected fashion.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis-Durron, Garrik 'Face' Loran (Combo with @Sinrebirth)
    Corridor - on Board The Ranger

Having left Mirax on the bridge, Adalia made her way down, she knew Bernael was already there and she hoped no one else had made it as yet. Stepping out of the turbo lift she began to walk quickly when something pricked at her mind, stopping she touched her temple. Something, and she had no idea what, was off. She gave her head a shake and with a deep cleansing breath she began to walk again. Rounding the last corner to the room she was stopped in her tracks. She knew the man, she'd not met him before but now wondered what he was doing on board and what side he was on.

“Colonel,” he said with a smile, and the man held out a hand. He eyed her tummy in passing, before continuing. “Face Loran, Galactic Alliance Intelligence.”

She's been seen, it was too late. Taking his hand she forced a smile, "not a colonel anymore Sir, just a citizen. Whilst this is a pleasure, may I ask why you are here?" Her smile faded as she released his hand and got to the point attempting to distract him.

"Because Admiral Niathal tasked me with assisting the resistance to Colonel Solo," Face said, with another grin. "But of course, I can't encourage any efforts aimed at the Galactic Alliance in general... though I will do everything within my very limited powers to assist in the destruction of Solo's powerbase."

He was being refreshingly honest.

Adalia blinked twice in surprise, it was more honest than she'd expected, she sensed it. "So....." She popped a hip, narrowed her eyes and folded her arms, instantly regretting that movement and uncrossing them, as it accentuated her 'bump'. "....where were you heading now?"

Face's eyes flicked down to her arms, and the bump, and then back to her eyes. "Well, I was looking to see if we could coordinate. Lots of hub-bub that the Corellians are about to surrender to the GA, and if that happens, the Confederation will collapse in about a day." He shrugged. "I'm here to see if there is anything you've heard, as Admiral Delpin is recruiting you to guard the diplomat..."

He gestured out the viewport at the Victory-class Star Destroyer. "The Valorum is leading the negotiations, with those two Carrack's." Face glanced back.

She got what he was saying, "Co ordinate. Sure, but where are you actually heading right now, physically." She was sure he didn't know his way around The Ranger, or maybe he did. "What makes you think I have something to co-ordinate with? This isn't my ship, I'm not in Command here." She glanced in the direction he'd gestured

“Adalia Tehanis-Durron is always in charge, in my experience. Even if you don’t have the rank, people listen to you.” Face shrugged. “I’m going to track down Adam Lyon, actually. He’s pulling strings and I want to make sure he doesn’t get the attention of a spider.”

Adalia felt herself stiffen slightly, 'he knew, how'd he know?' She swallowed as her throat was suddenly dry. "Adam's not on board, ..." she cleared her throat, it was still dry! "Not yet anyway."

Face looked apologetic. “Sorry, ma’am, I took an educated guess. No need to worry, I won’t be telling anyone. I’m already planning to not file any reports about that Anzati in your ready room.”

“I can find Lyons myself; but you may want to work out who brought that extra TIE Defender aboard. You’ve one extra...”

Adalia regarded him, what about your reasons for being here? "Will they be reported?" She asked calmly, adding "and before you ask, I don't know where he is, for security reasons." It was a lie, but she could so that well enough.

Face smiled. "The Office is used to me being out and about. The Director will cover for me, in either case. I deliver results, even if I reinterpret my orders a fair bit..."

Adalia gave a tight smile. "With all due respect, and I truly mean that, the Office might be used to it, but I am not. This isn't my ship, but the Captain would not appreciate you wandering about it in search of someone who may or may not have landed aboard as yet." She knew who he was, she knew he out ranked her even though she was now AWOL and considered a criminal. She stood her ground and it was obvious he knew, so she crossed her arms again, her emerald eyes sparkling with a challenge. "Or do you wish to incur my wrath?"

Face wasn't particularly concerned. "Well, I will of course defer to what the Captain wants. Who is the captain of this vessel then, not-Colonel?" He smiled freely. "I simply want to cut the rot out of the GA without killing GA pilots and officers... no challenge intended, or wrath sought."

Adalia glanced down to the floor as she considered her words for a brief moment. This was a task for her, she was used to speaking her mind and allowing hell to fall where it did afterwards. Looking back up at the man she left her breath out slowly. "Good to know, but at this current point, she has no real command title. Mirax Terrik-Horn is on the bridge currently coordinating this exercise. Cutting the rot should have been done before Jacen got this far, before the GA allowed him to commit the crimes he has, instead they found new and creative ways to justify them. Yes, I was recalled, and dutifully I went, but when I saw what was going on, and who was pulling those particular strings, I left, not before Jacen tried to kill me. It was personal, let me be the first to let you know that. Trying to find ........" she stopped before giving her head a shake, he knew so why hide it? "The Jedi, like I said, I don't know where they are so instead, he thought he'd destroy my mind." She flicked her head toward the briefing room, "I owe the Anzat my life." It was a statement and she hoped explained Bernael's presence. Unfolding her arms, she ran her fingers though her hair, "It looks like we're on the same path. I just want the Darkness that has enveloped the GA to be removed, want the galaxy to be free........" she looked down, no point in beating about the bush, "Free for my son to grow up in."

Face nodded. "I get that; I have a daughter - adopted. I don't want all the time I spent fighting the Empire and the Vong to go to waste. I did it for her, so." His face looked unhappy. "I wish someone had smacked down Jacen before now, but nobody knew... I reckon he killed Mara to cover up a connection to Lumiya, but I can't go around blasting that around without upsetting Luke. I reckon he's behind a lot more crimes than we realise... and it might already be too late."

"But when Corellia plays with coups, poisoning water supplies, terrorist bombings and a Celestial superweapon... it's hard to see a third way when there isn't one." Face held out his hand to her. "I'll do what I can for your son, too, Adalia, and maybe we'll find that third way together."

He killed Mara? The thought had crossed her mind, but not seriously.

He was serious.

She looked down at his hand as the overwhelming knowledge of what could be true hit her. Mara had been her friend and her death had shaken them all. Adalia took his hand. "Too a Third way."

TAG No one.

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis-Durron, Aden Kya, Face Loran
    Briefing room.

Having followed 'Face' into the briefing room she looked around to see Bernael. She gave him a single nod of her head to acknowledge him without saying a word and was about to turn the holo table on ready when it struck her. A voice in her mind 'Adalia? Is that you?' She spun sharply to Bernael but he did not react. How was this? Turning back, she grabbed the table. 'Who are you?' she thought as hard as she could before releasing her grip.

The comm opened. "Um...retired Colonel Tehanis? There's a broad comm message for you coming in. I don't know where it's coming from or who it is?"

Adalia opened her eyes, biting her lip. "Put it through." Whoever this was, they'd found her.

It was voice only.

"Hello, Addie."

But the voice was unmistakable. Silky, dripping with sarcasm and condescension, nauseatingly sweet.

"I've missed you," Aden said.

Adalia heard the voice, leaned forward and grabbed the table to stabilize herself.

She knew that voice.

Every hair on her body stood on end as her skin crawled. 'How'd he find me?' She gritted her teeth and literally spoke through them.

"What do you want?"

Turning to Face she mouthed 'find him?' to him hoping he'd get a bead on the transmission.

"Make it fast, I'm a busy woman." She added to the conversation.

Face produced a comlink and a datapad, and began following instructions.

You could hear Aden's smile in his voice. "I wanted to check that you were okay. I heard what Colonel Solo did to you... I disapproved, and, well, you should see my bruises. But he respected my criticism of his behavior, and promoted me. You may have seen some of my handiwork at Commenor recently."

Adalia’s eyes widened, ‘he did Commenor’ her mind screamed. She had to keep calm, she had to keep it together. He was a stone-cold murderer, that much was clear, wish wished Jacen had finished the job. Holding her tone even and cold she responded. “You know I don’t appreciate bragging. My welfare is not your concern. I repeat, what do you want?”

"Well, I am in the midst of assembling a team to pursue you, you see. I wanted to know if you have any recommendations?" Aden chuckled. "I jest, of course!" His voice dropped. "But I should let you know that Colonel Solo has set your capture as the condition for his next Sith apprentice. I am in the running, of course, but there are a couple of candidates in the running. Don't be surprised if you have an unwelcome visitor or two..."

She was angry now. “More bragging? You disappoint me, again. Like I said, I’m busy. If you have nothing more to say, we’re done.” She wanted this ended, if she was tracing him, chances were he was doing the same.

Face waved his hand, indicating she needed to keep him talking.

"Not bragging, not at all," Aden said. "It's a fair warning. I wouldn't want Veila or anyone else to get you before I did. I'd rather you live, my dear. I can't use you as bait for Kyp otherwise, can I now?"

Face held up his datapad, so she could see. Twenty seconds.

But she had a point; was he tracing her?

Adalia dramatically rolled her eyes at Face, she didn't want to talk to this sentient pond scum. "I am not good bait, he left me nearly 6 months ago, keep up Aden. And..." she paused, "I'd toss myself out an airlock before I let you anywhere near me."

"Oh you and he have been off-and-on for years. It's still a string I intend to tug on. Colonel Solo would just torture you until he came, so I do want to avoid that..." Aden sounded amused. Face's datapad reached ten seconds.

"Oh, and I'm on Coruscant, by the way, and you're in the Corellian system, if your pilots are any indication."

He cut the line just before Face's counter reached one.

"Bastard," Face said, drily. "The Force must have warned him."

Adalia’s infamous temper kicked in, she made two tight fists and brought them down on the table, hard. “Kriff it!” She snarled. “No, he knew we were tracing, he had more time to trace us.” She looked to the ceiling, controlling her temper. “We need to get out of here.”

Face held up a hand, setting down the datapad and comlink. “He guessed; you didn’t confirm anything. He can’t get us here; Corellia can fight off almost anything the GA can throw at them even if Solo is winning the war at the moment.” He said this with certainty. “If he overcommits here, then he loses somewhere else; Jacen won’t do that for just you. You’re as safe as you’re gonna be anywhere, Adalia.”

A thought seemed to occur to him. “I don’t suppose I can go chat with Babo, can I? A tame Confederate Admiral is hard to find.”

She gave her head a shake. “Sure, go find him, go find Adam, hell go find whoever you want, we’re on the same side I guess.” She allowed her head to drop as she went into deep thought. ‘Was this worth the stress?’

Face looked sympathetic. "Sorry, Adalia, I know this isn't something you want to be dealing with right now, but you are doing it for your child. If Jacen wins... there won't be anywhere for us to hide. He wants to bring back the Empire; not the nice, fluffy version that Pellaeon runs, but the big bad Vader one." He placed a hand on her lower arm. "I'm doing this for my daughter too."

"Take care, Adalia. Remember..." He gave her a mischievous grin. "I was never here."

TAG @darthbernael @Corellian_Outrider

22. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    OOC: Beware here there be Wraiths about with @Sinrebirth
    IC: Kael Swiftflight, Briana Odan, Face Loran

Walking through the halls, they'd quietly asked where Adalia was and was headed in that direction. Kael looked over at Briana, "You okay HQ?"

Briana shrugged, "I'm...well between the Dodonna, we'll need to ask Face what the GA is doing sending ships that damaged into battle. That and...I'm disappointed both you and Stealth knew about what I usually do..."

Kael snorted, "What? The thing that you've been doing specifically to Stealth for fifteen years? At some point you know we'd figure that out."

Briana made a face, "Killjoy, I need a Brodie to punch..."

Face was wandering the corridors about to look for Babo, the pet Bothan Admiral that Adalia had when he crossed paths with these two.

Well hello there,” he said, grinning slightly.

Kael grinned and Briana spoke, "I'm assuming you have information, so do we, and we have a big premature explosive question to ask you."

Kael shook his head, "That's not good, and Kell would tell you that also..."

Face looked from one to the other. "Well, let's have the premature question first, shall we?"

Briana nodded, "Why would the GA send in a ship like the Dodonna, which seemed to have been patched together to some extent, are they desperate or are they just dumb? Then again with someone like Aden, are they overconfident and dumb?"

"Because patched up ships are never as good as the ones that are freshly built. They're not rugged, they're fragile," Face said. "The Dodonna was battered when Corellia broke the blockade; Kuat didn't have much time to get it restored. So it made much better bait than a warship of the line."

He shrugged. "That's my guess."

"But bait for who is the question."

Kael shrugged, "If the trap was the 181st, then it failed horribly. I don't know if you saw much of the battle, but this group has a considerable amount of proton torpedoes."

Briana snickered at the understatement, "I have a holo to show you for proof. If you want to see four dozen torpedoes following you that is."

Face held up a hand. "I fought Super Star Destroyers, I know what a thousand torpedoes thrown at a ship looks like." He eyed them. "The best traps are layered, y'know? Use one attack to launch another attack. Dejarik, right?"

Briana nodded, "You'd do that, and current or former Wraith would do that...it seems that's how Adam has planned his battles, even as open as they are." She then thought for a minute, "Most of this seems to be very personal, particularly directed at Adalia, so whatever the trap is meant for her...or the Jedi...or to have them not thinking."

"There's a TIE Defender in the hangar that isn't part of your original group," Face said, grimly. "It's taken advantage of the multiple groups coming aboard to sneak in. It could be that, or it could be cover for a spy, or who knows. But the Dodonna was the feint; the 181st was the trick."

Kael pondered for a second, "What if the big boom is the distraction when a smaller, much more precise explosion is the trick?"

Briana raised an eyebrow, "The TIE Defender as the trick?" she looked at Face, "Boss, want to bug an intruder?"

Face held up his hands. "I just want directions to a tame Bothan. I can't blow my cover by skirmishing with a GAG plant, can I now? Niathal will deny that I was sent here if so..." He smiled, innocently.

Briana grinned maliciously, "Ok, so we will..."

TAG: @Sinrebirth, anyone still in the hanger or will be in minutes.

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis-Durron, Bernael, Jesse Coulson - Thank you to @darthbernael
    Briefing Room - The Ranger.

She didn't watch Face leave, but listened instead and one they were alone, without releasing her grip on the table or lifting her head, she asked. "Did you hear him?"

Bernael let himself reappear, stepping slightly out of the shadows. He nodded to Adalia, "I heard him, yes. Kept myself hidden, not just to keep Face from asking questions but because I could feel Aden in the Force searching for you."

She spun to him. "Not there!" She pointed to her head, "in here!! Kriff I'm still adjusting you being in there, I don't need that filth in there." She covered her face with her hands. "This is getting out of hand."

He nodded, touching her mind with his, erecting a barrier around it, one he could penetrate but not another. "It is not simple, no. But no matter whether you run or not, Aden is coming."

At that moment her comm beeped. "What now?" she muttered angrily as she pulled it out. "Yes?" she snapped.

Jesse hadn't expected the tone, but she out ranked him, despite the claims of retirement, it was clear she'd not figured out exactly how to do that. "Jesse here, we've had a security breech. Extra TIE landed and the pilot may well be a Force user, attacked Adrian. He will be fine, but I have the ship surrounded in case whoever it is comes back." He explained as quickly and concisely as he could. It was clear she was not in a good mood, but he had no idea what she was dealing with.

Adalia listened closed her eyes dropping her head back as she did so. "Wonderful. Thank you, Jesse, and I'm sorry I snapped, got a bit on my mind."

"No problem. Will keep you informed. Coulson out."

She sighed deeply. "I felt a blip about an hour ago..." She looked to Bernael. "You?"

He shook his head, "There's at least one Force user aboard, possibly two. And one is most likely in the garb of one of your pilots, I'd imagine. I could reach out and discover them both but then our foes would be aware that I am here. And it will be a much more enjoyable surprise for us when Aden is faced with us both, unaware I was here."

Running her hand over her head she gave her head a quick shake. "Marie, you're feeling Marie. Dathomiran." She explained, "I trust her with my life. So means there is another and probably if they attacked Adrian, not on our side." She began to pace. "I need to find them. I might go talk to Adrian, get a description at least." She was thinking out loud more than anything. Stopping she turned to him, "Did you do something up here?" She tapped her temple.

He nodded, "Aden cannot find you now, nor can Solo. It does nothing to you directly, simply keeps those seeking to do you harm out."

She gave him a warm smile. "Thank you....but won't he notice? Won't that alert him to ...'something' out of the ordinary? He knows I can't stop him."

A small, half smile came to his face. "He'll not sense you anymore, nor the child. Which will tell him someone helped you but the Jedi know these techniques so his ire will naturally fall on the Jedi Council."

She chuckled. "They will love that.....he will love that." She said quietly. "Mirax said I was starting to sound like Corran." She allowed an amused smile. "That would ........well. I'd better get to Adrian and get all the info I can."

He smiled, "Yeah, you do have a lot to handle, but I'm not going to be far." he said as he faded from sight again.

TAG: @Anedon @Sinrebirth

24. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    IC: Adalia Durron, Marie Firestone, Adrian&Ilona Malek(combo with @Adalia-Durron)

Adalia made her way through the corridors and into a turbo lift down to the infirmary to find Adrian sitting up in a bed with Marie nearby. She entered the room. "I leave you two alone for what? Two minutes .." She smiled warmly, "and just look at what happens!" She attempted to joke. "Seriously, are you ok Adrian?"

"Yes, think so," Adrian replied slowly, a bit surprised at how casual Adalia was acting given that they hadn't seen each other in quite a while. "They say my nose will be the way it used to be and that the broken ribs will heal in time. I'm more worried something like this can happen again."

She entered the room. "We're on it, Jesse has security on high alert and I have someone I trust looking for her.....it was a her wasn't it?" She asked stopping before the end of the bed. "On a side note, good to see you both in one piece, mostly."

"Yeah, a woman," Adrian said. "Blonde hair, well trained I suspect, might know the force." The attack had come so quickly the image of his attacker was already disappearing in his mind. "Guess that's something, yeah. Had to reattach Ilona's arm on the way here though."

Adalia's eyebrows shot up. "You had to do what to her?" Was the woman's arm an enhancement made to injury? She was also mulling through her mind she knew might be the Force user, there had been a few rumours as too who was now 'in the service' of Jacen.

"Get her arm back to her body, it got cut off on Eriadu," Adrian explained. "There we where attacked by some mysterious assassins as well, Nagai from what I could see."

She now frowned. "Why you? What value are you? No disrespect intended, just very curious?" She looked to Marie, "you seemed to be taking this all in your stride." It was more a statement.

Marie nodded, "Yeah, I have to admit, he does attract trouble, but its what makes him interesting I kinda think." She shrugged with wry smile.

Adalia smiled. The attraction between them had been obvious to her back on Hawkbat and that was a couple weeks ago, not it was obvious to a blind man.

Adrian felt his cheeks flush at Marie's words. "I usually don't experience things like this in my life," he told her before turning to Adalia. "I suspect they think Ilona and me may make good hostages," he said. "Thing is we don't but I guess they either don't know that or simply don't care." He felt he probably needed to explain it a bit better so he added. "We are only lower nobles and the Quintad wouldn't care for us, but my father held a few important positions in the past, so I suspect they might believe our family is more important than it actually is..." He made a pause, before looking directly at Adalia, "or they know you've made me your second and want to use that against you."

Adalia shook her head. "Its not that, you're not that now, I'm not GA anymore, and technically neither are you. You went AWOL, you're just wanted for desertion now." She shrugged, "You'll get used to that. I suspect its just a way to get at me maybe, but your father as well, he may not be powerful, but he is well respected." Adalia bit her lip, "And a good family friend. I hope he and your mother are in hiding now?"

"So you do know him?" Adrian had suspect this to have been in play in Adalia choosing him and was glad to finally gain a confirmation. "They are hiding yeah, but I have no idea where. They did not tell me and Ilona so it can´t be tortured out of us."

She allowed a knowing smile. "We've met, and I have an idea where they are, but like you say, not saying anything." She paused for a moment, "Glad to have you back with us, easier to keep an eye on you both." She winked.

"Then I'm glad as well, one day you need to tell me the whole story of this," Adrian said.

"It involves your godmother," Ilona said as she entered the room, glad to see her brother alive and well enough. She looked at Adalia. "Took me a while to remember but we´ve met a long time ago."

The older woman grinned. "Glad you remembered, hoped you would. You're piloting skills are amazing, maybe you learned something that day?" She asked in amusement.

"Wait, Amber...?" Adrian looked up, then he lowered his head. "Of course, her name is Tehanis as well."

"I did," Ilona said proudly. "Guess you and your cousin played a part in making me choose to become a pilot as well."

Adalia raised her hand. "She only used that name during the Rebellion, its my true name, it was our grandmothers. Now you have to forget that, clear?" She turned to Ilona. "I am not only honored to hear you say that but proud as well. From what I was told your father could fly rings around us all."

"In his youth probably," Ilona answered. "Though he had never anything but praise for your cousin." Having grown up with the stories of her father exploits in the rebellion she could probably quote most of the Black Sheep's' missions by hearth. "His eyesight has become pretty bad in the last one and a half decade so he won't be flying anymore."

"The past is where Legends are born." Adalia said quietly, "and like I said, time to forget that subject."

Marie glanced between the three of them, she knew to whom they referred but felt quite on the outer of the entire discussion, till the last bit. "She's right, need to forget all that."

"I understand," Ilona knew what they where talking about and gave Adrian a glance so he would do the same.

Tag: Anyone

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  25. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    OOC: More plotting with @Sinrebirth, maybe only where the booms will be though...maybe

IC: Adam Lyons, Trec ke Mattino, Natasi Daala

Adam had quickly asked Trec the most unimportant but secure meeting room on Ranger and they headed in that direction, both of them replied to their message with the location on the ship.

Trec turned on the lights, "How much do you know about her?"

Adam shrugged, "There are rumors, but how much is actually true is anyone's guess." he grinned, "Then again there's so many on board who are like that...including myself."

The woman was white-haired when she had once been crimson, her leg folded across another in a dimly lit room. An eye-patch was aside a brilliant blazing eye. "So."

"The Confederation is reaching out to the Imperial Remnant and Corporate Sector for help, and the GA is pressing down on the throat of the galaxy while it still has the chance. Every faction is cajoling for their spot at the winners’ table... and you're the analyst who has thrown his support into a new, ill-defined, third side."

She was Admiral Natasi Daala, and she wasn't here to help anyone but herself.

Trec raised an eyebrow, "You may be a bit behind, given the actions of the GA at Taris and Commenor, they're more interested in wiping out dissent as opposed to winning the war. So the Confederation is actually fighting for survival so we'll look for any way to end the war with our survival."

Adam glanced at Trec, "Little too strong young man..." then looked at Daala, "He's not entirely wrong, though. Here's another thing, Wedge Antilles was initially captured by the GA Intelligence before escaping and joining the Corellians. He grew disillusioned with them and escaped. The Jedi have helped the GA before leaving them, and the Solos have helped the Corellians before leaving them. I think they're likely the ones to help the galaxy heal after all this is over with. Then the real question is, why are you here?"

"Because inevitably this little mess will spill over into my neighbourhood, and I want a quid pro quo before that."

Daala leaned forward. "The Meridian Sector; it's mine, and it's also the kind of place you rebels go underground to hide... and lead Darth Vader wannabes and their jackboots."

Adam nodded, "The thing is most of this seems to be determined by planets. So even if we're found to be operating in your space, they're likely to come in with an orbital bombardment type of force, are you prepared to deal with that, and what do you need for that?" He then looked around, "Then again with these two ships, we are more than capable of springing traps, depending on what they are...we'd need supplies if this goes on long enough."

Daala wagged a finger. "I can handle a ship, two, three. But I can't handle if Solo jumps a whole fleet into my territory, chasing your little rebellion."

"I'm declaring armed neutrality, which includes you," she said. "Similarly, if news of my survival gets out... I'll declare war on you too." Daala folded her arms.

Trec glanced at Adam before looking back at Daala, "Sound a bit like what we're capable of. Then again..."

Adam grinned, "Then again you wouldn't be here if you didn't recognize some level of...insanity with some of the GA's recent actions particularly by Solo or Kya. Good news, they're not great at using starfighters, in fact, none of them are except Darklighter."

"The GA, the Confederation..." Daala shrugged. "I don't care, frankly. Or, if I do, it's not enough about you."

She looked at Adam directly. "You may be good as pilots, but you can't hold planets, can't turn populations, can you?" Daala shrugged. "I'm just wanting my corner of the galaxy to stay out of things... so I'll be letting Solo know in my own good time that he needs to leave me be. But he's busier than you fighting a hard war; you're the one leading the soft war into my backyard."

Adam shrugged, "I don't know, Naboo isn't too happy with what happened at Taris, and that was only spreading information. Then again I can only hope to control what we do and where we hit. I can't control delusional leaders...if the rumors are true, you've run into some..." he gave a somewhat unkind smile, "So we're going after Solo's support structure, primarily the criminal Kya."

"I've gassed a few in my time," Daala said, grinning for emphasis. "What do you want from me?"

Adam fixed Daala with a stare, "Leave Kya for us, he has crimes to answer for and might be one of Solo's stronger support systems. If we have a free hand for that, then I don't particularly care what you want to do. Then again this all is a question of leadership, and there are failures all over the place." he shrugged, "On a galactic scale, Pellaeon might be the best one of the lot. On a planetary side, I know a few of the Corellian ones have been killed, assassinated really, so the current leadership isn't all that stable."

Daala shrugged. "Fine; I'll leave them to you. Not that I was going to intervene any time soon." She stood, lifting a finger as if remembering. "Pellaeon too - he's off-limits. Anyone looks at him sideways, and I'll drop a nightmare in their lap. He may be nominally supporting the GA, but that's old treaties, from a decade ago, involving the Megador."

Her tone was very firm.

Adam shook his head, "He may be the key...oh would you have any idea why the 181st would be involved in this most recent battle especially when the Remnant has so far refrained from picking sides?"

Daala paused. "I'd say Phennir had called them in if it was the Confederation, but if not, then I'd say they were mocked up to get your attention - to distract you." She shrugged. "Are you that good to have a fight with the 181st and no casualties? Because Imperial standards have only gone up since they stopped treating their pilots as disposable."

Trec frowned, "No it wasn't the Confederation, it was the GA." he then smiled, "We have trained heavily, Adumari standards have gone up without live-fire exercises and duels."

Adam nodded, "That and our starfighters aren't stock, they're improved, and its systems are outstanding. Some ships were knocked out, a few need some extensive repairs, but no pilot losses." For all he knew, some may have needed to be dunked given what happened with Dodonna, but he hadn't had the chance to see everything yet. He grinned, "Also, it doesn't matter who it is, when you have multiple torpedoes after you, you aren't that effective...for at least 30 seconds."

Daala went to go. "You asked; I answered. You'd have to ask Pellaeon otherwise - and politely, at that. Meridian Sector; tell Adalia, tell the Jedi, you're not allowed there. I'll start handing data titbits to the GA otherwise, understood?"

Adam nodded, "Copy...we might ask...if we could get a message to him." he pondered for a second, "Would you be open to passing information on at some point?"

Daala paused. “I might, but I could always just supply you the private codes for Vitor Reige, his adjunct.

Adam shook his head, "No I'd like to preferably keep the number of people who'd know about this as low as possible." he gave Trec a hard stare, "All sides involved."

Trec gulped and nodded.

Adam looked back at Daala, "What I can do is send information for yours and Pellaeon's eyes only, it would include my analysis of all sides involved including mine. My files on my various scenarios. Should anything happen to either of you, the information stops. With it, I'd only ask a question and a concern for Pellaeon. Why would the 181st involve itself in a fight when its two major opponents are self-destructing, and a warning that he may have a rogue Moff that he might need to deal with."

He looked down briefly, "I'd only want to do this because I'd like to survive this, and I want as many friends and people I respect to survive as well. If Solo wins, I don't know if there'd be any of those left."

Trec cleared his throat, "I'm sure there could be some agreement between Adumar and various Imperial factions or at least some of its leaders. I think you would be familiar with Cartann's Supreme Commander, and he'd be able to keep things quiet on his end."

Adam nodded, "You don't need to say yes now, all you need to do on one of your own systems would be to answer whoever or whatever you miss the most," he held his hand up, "I won't find out, it's simply a program to encrypt information and all it does is check to see whether you're being truthful, and then it'll delete itself if you're telling the truth, or delete everything if you're lying. If you take this, effectively I'm making you a kingmaker...you know that right?"

Daala paused. "Rogriss ruined Pellaeon's day a few years back... it would be interesting to be looped into a kingmaker program..." she was enticed. "Better than backing a Palpatine hologram..."

She held out a hand. "I'll take the encrypt, and I'll dig into the Moffs myself. I have a score to settle with them," Daala said bitterly.

Adam handed Daala an encased data chip. "Good luck" he checked his commlink, "Looks like we have a rogue TIE Defender onboard, you may want to hide, for the time being, then again if you capture them..." he gave Daala a smile.

Trec looked at the both of them, "I'll take a look around, see what's known on the bridge...or with Adalia."

Daala took it and smirked. “I’ll be fine, don’t you worry.” At that, she opened the door, peered out for a moment. “It’s been a fun chat, Lyons.” She indicated with the ‘pad. “Remember what I said about the Meridian Sector and Pellaeon.

At that, she walked off, striding through the hallways.

TAG: @Sinrebirth (for my next trick, one combo with each one of my characters!)

Sinrebirth likes this.