main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Legacy of the Guardians (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update

IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella/Professor "N'Danna" Solo (NPCs)
    Temple sanctuary, Eventide

As Solo leaned in to try to decipher the meaning of the glyphs next to the holocron he barely heard the conversation going on behind him.

"We have to stop this." No argument there Solo thought in response to Knight Bonaventure's statement. "Is there an off-switch on a holocron? I've never studied them." There was nothing Solo could see about an off switch, but perhaps there was a way to free their trapped friend...

"I'm starting to get the feeling the force is trying to tell us something." Knight Nosrep replied. The Ongree stepped forward, standing next to Solo. "Be prepared to run!" He shouted to everyone who was still capable of listening. Run? Run where? Down to where the screams were coming from? That didn't seem like their best move. Of course Solo didn't have any other ideas, though he would like to stay and study these glyphs further. They were so very much like the ones he'd found out in the desert...

Out of his peripheral vision he saw Knight Nosrep reach out and grab the holocron. Solo stopped examining the glyphs for a moment and looked on with shock. "What are you..." he began as he reached for it to put it back, but the Jedi cut him off. "Don't touch it! Professor, give us a sample bag to hold it!" Solo handed over his spare knapsack (remembering the time on Dxun where it had been called a purse) and the Jedi quickly slid the holocron into it, noting the glow was slowly fading.

"What the..." the words came from Knight Giim who was slowly standing up, dusting off his legs. "What...happened?" His eyes still seemed clouded and his stance was unsteady. The others Jedi who had been prostrate before the holocron followed suit, their eyes and demeanor showing the same shakiness. "I think...whatever power it held over you is gone." Knight Reese spoke cautiously, giving a wan smile to his padawan. His concern grew when she didn't return the gesture but simply stared at him with a blank expression. "Well, weakened anyhow." He looked to Professor Solo with a quizzical look.

"Weakened," Solo finally replied thoughtfully, rubbing his chin with his right hand. "Yes, that makes sense." Reese cocked his head to one side in curiosity, noting that the snarling from the creatures had subsided for now, though the malevolent presence of the creatures down the corridor could still be felt. "These glyphs, they tell a story of the holocron's true purpose." He stood by them and pointed out the ones he was talking about as he spoke as if giving a lecture. "It's part of a map, a map with nine keys..." He pointed to several other holocron looking images on the glyph, some pyramidal, others cubical, all set below three archetypal figures. Figures that Solo could only think of as a father, son and daughter. "I don't know where it leads...but it's a place of great power." He paused as the thoughts ran through his head again. Fortune and glory, the holocron that Knight Nosrep now held in that knapsack was the path to fortune and glory...

"That's fascinating Professor, but about our friends here?"

Solo blinked, as if washing away a deep sleep. "Right, your friends." He paused as he regained his train of thought. "This holocron, the..." he paused as he pointed to one of the pyramidal pictograms on the glyph as he translated in his head. "The Heart of Darkness, it holds sway over those who it speaks to." He then showed them the images of the life force being drained from the sacrificial victims into the Temple and through to the Sith Holocron. "The Heart gains power through it's connection to this Temple, and the blood sacrifices made here." He nodded finally understanding what he was seeing. "Removing it from the alcove must have weakened it's connection to that power." He shrugged. If it was weakened, then perhaps...he took a step closer to Nosrep, closer to the Heart, it was so close. If he could...

"Weakened it's connection. That's great, but how do we we free them entirely?" Solo heard the question but his head seemed filled by a dull buzzing sound. "Professor?" Solo shook the cobwebs in his head away. "Right." He pointed to another set of pictograms, these underneath the alcove where the Heart had been set. "I wouldn't suggest trying to destroy it." He pointed to another set of glyphs, faded with time.

"These show the Heart being destroyed, and as you can see, those who..." he paused as he translated the glyphs meaning. "Those that hear the call," he paused again as he looked to the Jedi. "Whatever that means," he shrugged. "It shows them dying as it is broken." Were the Jedi that had been on their knees the one who heard the call? If so, destroying the Heart would have disastrous consequences for them, but that wasn't all. "Destroying the Heart also renders the other eight keys useless. Baubles with no power." His head began to ache as his own heart yearned for the holocron in Nosrep's bag.

"That still doesn't tell us how to break the Heart's hold over them."

Solo thought for a moment as he looked longingly at the knapsack he had given Knight Nosrep. Knapsack? That was it! "I've...I've seen pictograms like this before." He reached into his own knapsack, the larger one he still had draped over his shoulders and pulled out a piece of polished stone. "I found this in the desert, at one of the ruined shrines." He showed the Jedi the pictograms on the relic he had recovered. "Look, it shows the Heart of Darkness being removed from this Temple and it's followers becoming confused." He sounded excited now. He hadn't recognized the meaning of these until now. "While this one shows another a..." he again paused as he silently translated the ideogram, the Heart of Light. "This one, this one shows another holocron that has the power to break the hold over them for good." He shrugged. "Of course I don't know where that is."

"Doctor Solo is more right than you know." The voice coming from the corridor in front of them, the one from where screams could still be hard was preceded by a sense of overwhelming darkness, and dread. "The Heart calls out for victims, for blood, and we feed it to ensure my power." A being could be seen coming from the darkened corridor, walking slowly, unconcerned that he was outnumbered by the Jedi in the sanctuary.

[​IMG]

It was the being wearing the Togruta headtail headdress. He smiled broadly, his white teeth seemingly too white for the now darkened room. "As it has for centuries, the Heart called out to your friends as soon as they landed on this world, in whispers, and brought them here." He removed the headdress revealing a bald scalp. "Even now, it still speaks to them, though had our sacrifice been completed," he pointed to the frightened individual the Jedi had rescued from certain death only moments before, "it would have bound them to the Heart more permanently, as it did for your red skinned friend only days ago." He gestured around at the room. "You too have heard it's whispers, the call of the Heart, and now that you are all here, I can add you all to my growing army."

Al'kesh, Reese thought to himself. He had made it this far, and then was taken by this madman. It seemed now that only finding this Heart of Light would free him then. "I knew sending him back to you would bring more, and I was right. The Heart has shown me the way, and the way is to be paved with the blood of innocents." Reese turned and saw that the creatures that had chased them were now slowly starting to enter the room, it would come to a fight that much was certain, but they had to learn more. "And you are?" he asked, grimacing at the pain in his foot.

"I am your future master, Darth Mola." He smiled. "The Heart bestowed upon me my name. It sustains me, and has promised me many followers. Now after decades it has brought you all to me." He looked at Knight Nosrep. "Replace the heart in it's alcove so that we may begin." His stern look soured as the Jedi didn't immediately respond. "You are beaten, it is useless to resist." Still the Jedi didn't move. "The Heart of Light is the only way to free your friends, and it is no longer here." He sounded weary, tired yet eager to explain himself. "Decades ago the Jedi came and took it from this planet, sensing it unwise for two keys to the World between worlds". (Warning Star Wars Rebels spoilers at that link) "be in the same place." Solo's head jerked up at that. Was that where the map led? What was it?

"I thought..." he started but was cut off by the sound of Darth Mola's laughter. "That the slaves digging in the catacombs," he pointed down the corridor he had come though, the one punctuated by constant screams, "were searching for it?" He shook his head. "No, I wish it were so." He thoughtfully stroked the top of the headdress he held in his arms. "We search there for other dark side relics, those buried among the ancient dead, to increase my hold here over the descendants of the original colonists." He pointed to the man the Jedi had rescued. "They dig for me in the catacombs, and serve as sacrifices for myself and my followers, the natives of this world." Solo shuddered at the thought of such an existence, though it explained the mystery of where the original colonists had disappeared to. Taken by this madman and his army of blind creatures.

"Now, and I will not say this again Jedi," Darth Mola spoke the word as an expletive, extending an ancient lightsaber and igniting it's blade, which sputtered and sparked angrily.

[​IMG]

"Put the Heart back in it's alcove."

TAG: @Sarge @ConservativeJedi321

:bluesaber::kylosaber::greensaber:

IC: Master Elim Rand (NPC)
    Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare

As the coundown hit zero and the racers shot off like a flash, Master Rand exhaled loudly, surprised that he had been holding his breath. It was a curious thing this business, and he wondered to himself if he was caught up in the excitement of the race, worry for his fellow Jedi or the advancement of their mission. He shook his head as a large smile formed on his face. His uncertainty seemed to make it all the more exciting, or perhaps it was just the thrill of the crowd. Right away there was a problem, though it seemed to favor the Jedi in pod 13.

As the pods lurched ahead, led of course by Erso who seemed to have an uncanny knowledge of just when the horn would blast to start the race, one pod stalled out. It was the pod in the fourth position on the starting grid. It sputtered and died after moving forward less than half a meter, and the pods staged behind it, numbers 8, 12 and 16 were slowed as they fought to curve their own pods around the stalled one in front of them. Right away the Jedi passed numbers eight and twelve. They were already in 11th place and the race had just begun! Now, if Rand could only understand how the rest of the track was laid out he would have a better idea of their chances. Fortunately, as it always did, the Force provided as as a Dug seated behind Rand explained the race to his pair of younglings.

"See, it starts out on a straightaway headed near due east, along the old Star Destroyer taxiway..." Rand could see where the Dug was pointing, and it did seem to be a rather long taxi way, probably to handle the length of such a large spacecraft. "You can see the old hanger that used to house one behind where the racers start." He winked to them. "That will come into play later," he explained but his daughter had a question. "Do they use the long track to build up speed?" His father chuckled. "Yes, gumdrop, yes they do, but look farther ahead, they have to dump that speed when they get to the aux taxiway and have to make a sharp turn to the south west." The Dug's son ooohed at that. "I bet that causes a lot of crashes." The father chuckled again. "It can, it can. But most of these are experienced pilots, they know to slow it down for that." The male child slumped his shoulders at that. He wanted to see a high speed wreck. "That taxiway is short, too short to really build up real speed before they turn onto an old runway that heads due west." He pointed to it on the track progress map, where spectators could follow the progress of the racers as his daughter again piped up. "Another straightaway so they can build up speed!" Her father chuckled again. "You would think so, but look closely, the runway there is littered with old ships." She peered in for a closer look. "The wrecks of fighters and freighters, small capital ships and the like." The male child ooh ed again, his interest piqued. "The junkers salvage the parts from them when there is no race, but when there is..." The boy jumped in clearly excited. "The racers have to weave their way through that!" The father Dug nodded his head and smiled.

"Yes, exactly so, it's a slalom, the racers have to maintain as much speed as possible to keep ahead of their competitors, but at the same time slalom around those old wrecks so they don't run into one." He patted his son on his head, the happy boy had just realized that the slalom was where the wrecks would happen. "After they get through that the course deviates from the hard runways and taxiways and takes a broad curve around over open field bringing the racers north a bit before turning them back to the east again where they hit the same taxiway they started on." His hand traced the curve through the filed the racers would follow. "That's probably the easiest portion of the race for them, though it leads into the toughest." Both children looked at one another with glee before turning to their father and shouting out in unison, "The hanger!"

The paternal Dug laughed again. "That's right, after being on the taxi way again for a few hundred meters the racers all enter the west side of the hanger, which is the most dangerous part of the race, though we don't get to see it." His son looked disappointed at that. "Aww why not?" His father shrugged. "There are no holocams in there, it's too dark to make out anything on them." The daughter cocked her had to one side and asked. "Well then how do the pilots see?" Father Dug nodded and grinned. "Enough sunlight filters in through the hanger's broken windows for them to barely see what is in front of them, but it's not much help at the speeds they are going." He waited for a moment for a "why not" from his children but they were so enraptured they forgot to even ask. "Inside is a mess of fallen girders, abandoned equipment and the like." Rand thought it fortunate the hanger was empty of the wreck of a Star Destroyer at this point, wondering what his friends had gotten themselves in to.

"Many a lead change happen in the hanger that we never see, but that's part of the fun. You see a pair or trio of racers go in, and then there is the anticipation of what order they come out, if they come out at all!" The children let out a whoop at that. "After the hanger there is a brief straightaway for the racers to try to go as fast as they can along the taxiway before the racers reach the finish line, which is also where they started from." His children finally sat down now, seemingly exhausted just from hearing about the race, though no less excited. "And they go through that three times?"

"Yes my child, three laps to determine the winner."

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @galactic-vagabond422

OOC: Go ahead and describe your characters going through the first lap. You may feel free to move your characters up (or back if you decide to lose ground) as far in the field of 16 as you see fit. Any questions feel free to ask me. Oh..and in case that was hard to follow or I didn't make it clear, a sort of map of the track. Please try not to kill yourselves with laughter, my MS Paint skills are near to non existent, and note the image is not to scale, but just to give you a general idea of the course.

[​IMG]

:bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:

IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Nearing the Spaceport, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

Taab sighed impatiently as the Old Fossil (Master Kasumi) took an interest in the Tagalong's (Edo Vilsa) maternal relationship. They didn't really have time for family reunions here, the dull glow off in the distance from the fire raging in the Smuggler's Den was all they needed to remind them of that. If they dawdled they would be caught by the local authorities, and while Taab had no illusions that they could make good an escape even from them, it could get...messy. Even so Tagalong answered the question.

"She's in our ship, the Crystal Sun, here in the spaceport." She explained matter of factly. "We came here at the guidance of the force, looking for relics for me to collect or for some other connection tot he force and it's will." She smiled, practically beaming goodwill and excitement to the others. "And I've found it. The Force wants me to go with you, to join you, but it is not my mother's path." She paused and shrugged, it didn't bother her that she would be leaving without her mother, and she knew her mother would be overjoyed that she had finally found those willing to accept her fully. She wanted to do this, she knew it wouldn't be the last time she saw her mother, something, a little voice in the back of her head, the force maybe, told her so. "So...can I go?" Her voice trembled a bit, as she feared that maybe she wouldn't be allowed to follow these strange Jedi.

Taab regarded her through his T-Visor and then looked to the Jedi and shrugged as they entered the spaceport. He thought this had already been decided. "I say we go," he looked up as his voice was cut off at the sound of another Wookiee gunship, this one of the local police patrol variety, they needed to leave now. "She can send an untracable signal to her mother once we arrive at..." he looked again at the blind girl, he had almost given away their destination. "Once we arrive at our destination." He sighed heavily. "The Council can decide her fate from there." Another patrol gunship flew low overhead and began to orbit the area. "Agreed?" He looked to the Jedi as if looking for some sign of disagreement, but he no longer cared. It was time to leave. "OK good," he said before any had a chance to reply as he ushered them aboard their shuttle, the Trident.

TAG: @Rebecca_Daniels @Coffee_Ninja @The Vanguard

IC: Knight Grersk Duy'leh/Master Hector Zey (NPCs)
    Main hanger bay, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"Easy for you to say, Master Duy'leh," Rosana replied, her hesitation still evident. "Thing is, I've already seen things that needed to be seen. But here... I don't feel like I belong. Being an ex-Jedi and all." The Bothan bared his teeth in a smile at that. "Ex-Jedi is just a point of view, you still have the teachings to fall back on, and more training to guide your future. You..." he was surprised as the small animal jumped into his lap and began to coo. "Well, hello there," he said to the creature, surprised it had taken to him in such a fashion. Rosana too seemed surprised at it's actions. "Funny. It's rare to see him warm up to anyone. Guess you're special to him."

"Obviously he is an excellent judge of character," Duy'leh laughed as the old freighter came in for a landing and settled onto it's landing struts. The ramp was quickly lowered and the Bothan Jedi placed the pet down on the deck of the freighter. "Sorry little friend, duty calls." Then he and his new find walked off the craft together only to be greeted by Master Hector Zey.

"I didn't expect you back so soon, if at all." The Jedi Master and member of the Council of Light shouted bombastically to the Bothan. "And I didn't expect you to still be alive," Knight Duy'leh answered back. "Well you know what they about old Jedi masters..." Zey began only to have his sentence finished by Duy'leh. "Yes, they never die, they just fade away."

[​IMG]

Master Zey laughed heartily at that, pointing to the Bothan. "Welcome back old friend, it has been too long." The Bothan regarded him for a moment before answering. "You may not be so pleased when you hear my report." That soured Zey's mood considerably. "You can tell the Council when next we convene, we have several members on assignment." Duy'leh arched an eyebrow at that. "We've had a busy few days." He stopped as he seemed to notice Rosana Zorbo for the first time. He could feel her strength through the force. "And tell me, who is this?"

The Bothan moved on quickly from their pending inquiries to introductions. "This is Rosana Zorbo, formerly of the New Jedi Order, and a potential recruit for the Guardians of Light." He gestured to her, bidding her to come forward and greet the Jedi master. "And this," he pointed to Zey, "is Master Hector Zey, member of the Council of Light and one of our most revered old Jedi." Zey let out a guffaw at that. "Just call me General, Miss Zorbo. We seem to have something in common you and I." He sensed from her idle curiosity at the statement. "I too was once a member of the NJO back during the war." He looked to his Bothan friend, so much had happened since then he wondered if he could eve remember it all. "I think you'll fit in nicely here at the Temple of Light. I'll have secur..." his words were drowned out as another ship, an old YT-2000 light freighter, settled down next to the Vatra.

"Ah, our Mandalorian expedition has returned," Zey said again to an arched eyebrow from Duy'leh. "What have Taab and Troi gotten themselves into now?" The Bothan asked mirthfully only to be corrected moments later by Zey. "Not them this time, though I am sure they are getting into trouble elsewhere." The pair shared a knowing look and a laugh as the ramp of the Kessel Champion lowered to reveal the form of Knight Cora, now wearing her newly forged beskar'gam, as she came down the boarding ramp followed by Knight Aldor while Knight Skywalker and padawan Bovie finished the engine shutdown sequence.

"You've changed your uniform Knight Cora," Zey's voice boomed across the hanger bay. "It suits you." he gave a wink. "I trust your time on Mandalore was well spent then?"

TAG: @SkywalkerShine @TheSilentInfluence @vncredleader

OOC: Looks like introductions are in order!

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora
    Main Hanger Bay, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Cora breathed in the clean, lush air as she stepped off the ship; relaxing as she always did in those first few moments. When she had been brought here, Cora had spent many hours just looking at the green, lush landscapes and exploring the rivers edge as she tried to get used to the feel of the planet. Cora hadn't known basic, and well that was one of the first things she had to learn, sometimes she left the Temple just to relax and get away from an unknown language that hadn't made sense to her then.

"Master Zey!" Cora grinned at him, feeling suddenly proud of her armor though the nervous feeling came back after a moment. She bowed to him before adding quietly, "It was. I met my parents." She added softly, feeling strange at the thought. She paused, becoming quiet. Her parents. When she looked over again, she noticed Knight Duy'leh and a new Jedi. "Knight Duy'leh, did you get a Padawan?"

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @vncredleader @Skyla Skywalker @SkywalkerShine

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    (Combo post with ConservativeJedi321)
    IC: Bonaventure, Semajj
    At the Cusp of Fate

"Put the Heart back in it's alcove." The Sithlord's tone was commanding, powerful and direct. As an old sergeant, I knew a thing or two about the use of command voice, and the way he used it gave me pause.

We were surrounded, cut off by hordes of soulless creatures of darkness led by an inexorably overpowering scion of evil. He was fresh and eager to fight, I was drained by a very long day of mental, physical, and emotional exhaustion. I didn't want to die down here in flame, darkness, and pain. Maybe if I pretended to surrender to this "Darth Mola" I could rest and find a way to escape later... No. That was the darkness talking. That was not the way of a soldier, of a Guardian.

I lit my weapons and strode toward him, focusing on banishing my exhaustion, readying myself for a duel against a self-proclaimed Sithlord, and calling out to my companions, "Jedi, cut your way through the henchmen, I'll keep this one off your backs."

[​IMG]

I swept my weapons up and bowed in a ceremonious salute to my opponent. "Darth... Mola, is it? Know that this day you cross blades with Guardian Knight Sir Peregrine Bonaventure, servant of the Guardians of Light. I'm not a young man, and I didn't become an old soldier by being easy to-"

In the middle of my sentence I launched an attack, thrusting for his face in a sudden lunge. His blade smashed mine aside with the power of an avalanche. He gestured and a wave of solid darkness slammed me back. I dug in my heels and pushed, calling on the Light to give me strength. My feet continued to slide backward across the stone floor.

The Ongree hadn't had a second of doubt, even as the dark one made his threatening presence quite clear.
    He wasn't even a real Sith, as far as Semajj was concerned. He himself had admitted as much, he must not have had any real formal training if he had been given his power by the Holocron itself.

He turned to Sarge, as if to say 'Are you think what I'm thinking?' only to witness the human rush forward to engage the wannabe Sith. In a second he swung Professor Solo's purse over his shoulder, and leapt forward to distract the beasts.

The Consular's first move was to gather his energies, and create a wave of force energy, knocking as many of the creatures back as possible. "If you have returned to your senses enough to fight, I could really use the help!" He shouted back at his other Jedi friends even as he ignited his green blade, and charged forward into a line of monsters, swinging with a strong two handed grip, bisecting a group of them at once.

None of the glyphs' warnings made any sense to him, but if these pyramids were a gate to power, he knew he couldn't allow them to fall back into the wrong hands.

I felt a surge of Light as Semajj called on the Force. Mola felt it too; I saw his eyes flicker away for an instant. I reacted without thinking -- I knew Mola would have read my mind if I had. My saber dropped from my hand as I drew my blaster pistol and shot Mola. Two shots to the center of mass and one to the head, just as I had always trained. His saber flashed and deflected my shots, left, right, and the last right back at me. My madu popped up and knocked the blaster bolt up into a statue which scattered broken bits of rock down on us. With an angry gesture Mola's powers ripped the blaster from my hand and he advanced on me. My saber leaped back into my hand just as he began raining two-handed blows on me. I needed both my weapons to ward away the powerful cuts, and I was being driven back again.

"Do you really believe you're going to be victorious in the end, Darth? Have you ever studied history? Servants of darkness never end well. Darkness is weak; the smallest light will dispel it in a heartbeat."

The Sithlord suddenly lunged at me, closing in with a press that locked our weapons between our faces. He continued to press me back, and I felt heat building behind me. He had pushed me back all the way to the edge of the chasm of lava!

[​IMG]

His saber twisted, the crossguard threatening my throat. I responded with a turn of my wrist that swung the lower spike of my madu toward his chest. He leaped back for an instant and I sidestepped, trying to get clear of him so that I could move away from the precipice at my back. He anticipated me, sliding sideways to block my escape with a hungry grin, and pressed me back again. I sensed the chasm just behind my heels.

"Think for yourself, Mola! Don't let the holocron be your brain. It only wants death and destruction. You're just its tool, and it will discard you the moment it finds a more useful servant!"

In the heat of battle, Semajj had been unable to observe the location of his allies, the beasts swarmed him immediately. His green blade arched back and forth, decapitating two, impaling another, He focused outward, pushing one back just as it tried to claw him. Doing this bought him time to draw his blade back around slicing it in half.

He back pedaled slightly, trying to work his way to the edge of the battle, even so, his blade not slowing for a second. As he twirled it, chopping one beast at the shoulder, he risked a glance in the direction of their mysterious dark master. If he fell maybe these beasts would fall back?

There he was, at the pit's edge. Below the pit, he recalled, lava flowed freely.

He suspected Sarge had planned his current positioning, but didn't have time to think about it further as he sensed another creature leaping to strike. Semajj jumped backward again, decapitating it.

"I just... need a little more... space!"

He grunted out, as he used his lightsaber to ward off the numerous enemies. He punctuated the sentence with another force blast throwing those nearest to him back in a heap. That gave him the breathing room he needed, though he didn't use it to breathe. The Ongree instead ran towards Mola, who had just glanced again in his direction, sensing him channeling the force.

The dark one called up a force shield to try and stop him, but Semajj did not even attempt to break through it. Instead he slid low, inverting his knee joints, and swiping the man's feet out from under him. Semajj kept his lightsaber held high, ready to block any attacks Mola may have attempted to throw his way before he fell.

I sidestepped again, and again Mola tried to move to block me, but his feet were entangled with those of Semajj. The Ongree's legs were twisted at an inhuman angle that the dark lord couldn't possibly have anticipated. As I moved clear of the precipice, Darth Mola teetered on the edge, trying to find a precarious balance on the knife edge of life and death, light and dark...

TAG: @ConservativeJedi321

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Knight Jo Sodi

He thought they had done pretty well on the practice run, perhaps a little bit too well, but it probably wouldn't hurt too badly. The problem with this course though was in part to just how large the thing was, with the energy converters and the major turbines out front doing their jobs as he sat in the sled with the militantly armed companion, fatigue and the constant danger tingling at the edges of every turn and near every competitor was the true risk. React to one false danger could merely the impulse to dive into another.

Speaking of which it was that way from the beginning as he had to swerve around stalled out racers just in case something were to explode or be thrown from the disgruntled racers. Then it was screaming with the wind in his tunic down the straight-a-way! They weren't about to pass anyone else at this early stage, although they seemed to catch up at the bunch up of the first turn, where everyone worked hard to cram into the inside of the track as they braked and turned before lighting it up again in a short burst on the short before the next linchpin that would see them into the slallums. It was no different for them. The were now moving into position in the rear, but he held them back, knowing that not until the mess to come would they be in a good position to try to even pass without one of those dirty tricks fouling them up.

Once going through they finally got a good spot where Jo kept them wide by weaving through a couple of old V-wings, their dislocated wings like raking fingers just waiting to snag a maneuvering vane if used at the wrong time during the pass, it was a tight fit but they just made it as the Force sung through him with the effort of threading the sweet spot right before weaving around an old patrol boat, then taking the up side of a tilted Gozanti to launch them up into the air in one of the few paths that sang of the least danger. Not so much on purpose as merely because he had jogged left toward the edge of the track through the V-wings and then around the patrol boat to gain safe distance between the next in line meant he didn't have room to go around it without sacrificing their gained position.

As they coasted through the air he worked the maneuvering vanes as best he could, the top pair opening moments before they came down to shoot through an gap between two skeletal clone war era gunboats, hard left then hard right to spin around a nose planted escape pod stack where the engines had obviously been removed already, and then twisting sideways to squeeze the chubby engines between a couple stacks of solar panels. And that was only the first quarter of the slalom!

Deciding that had been a little too close for comfort Jo had kept a safer pace to merely maintain their position without giving any ground to the leads as they wove through the remainder. There would be later laps to gain, and last thing he wanted to do was go down in a fireball trying to one up some Dark Jedi wanna-be on a backworld racetrack.

The open taxi-ways were where he put on the speed again, but so was everyone else so nothing much happened there, nor over the open fields. Nothing except a blasted sneeze that had their pod bouncing when he had drifted too close into the tail of leading pods dust trail.

Trying to mouth breath the experience away they soon were turning into the Hanger. Something where he reached up turned his goggles off to allow his natural night vision to help him see and maneuver as his glowing eyes stared out into the darkness. That and the Force as well of course. Here was where he felt like they had drawn near others, but he let the 'co-pilot' take care of and worry about that. Merely maneuvering or acting if asked or prompted through the Force to some danger he couldn't predict.

When once more they saw the light of day he activated his dimmers on his goggles before they blasted out into the light to find they had gained a couple positions. So up by three or four for the first lap. Not bad, but they needed to do better! Pouring on speeded he felt his teeth dancing in his head from the vibrations as he pushed the engines to test their mettle on the straight of way.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik, @galactic-vagabond422

5. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Rosana Zorbo

After she, Master Duy'leh, and Zekk walked out of the light freighter, they were greeted by a jolly, old man. He and the old Bothan seemed to be good old friends, which made Rosana smile a bit. It kind of reminded her of her deceased Jedi Master. She was like a mother-figure to Rosana, ever since she departed from her family to train as a Jedi. But after her master was killed in a terrible battle, the young woman turned her back on the Jedi Order and became a smuggler. She promised herself that she would never have anything to do with the Jedi. Until now...

Her thoughts were cut short after Master Duy'leh introduced her to the older master named Hector Zey.

"And tell me, who is this?" Master Zey asked.

"This is Rosana Zorbo, formerly of the New Jedi Order, and a potential recruit for the Guardians of Light." He gestured to her, bidding her to come forward and greet the Jedi master. "And this," he pointed to Zey, "is Master Hector Zey, member of the Council of Light and one of our most revered old Jedi."

Rosana quietly walked over to the older men with hesitation and bowed her head politely. "Hello, Master Zey. It's an honor to meet you."

Zey let out a guffaw at that. "Just call me General, Miss Zorbo. We seem to have something in common you and I."

The young woman tilted her head curiously after she gazed back up at the old Jedi Master after he said this. Did they really have something in common? Perhaps he sensed a headstrong personality inside her and he too was like that when he was younger? But once he mentioned about the New Jedi Order, it all made sense. Rosana nodded with an enlightened smile. She then replied, "Thank you, General. And... we'll see." He and the old Bothan master seemed alright.

The trio saw a ship land next to the Vatra. When they mentioned about Mandalorians, Rosana cleared her throat quietly to herself. She was a bit nervous about those guys and didn't want to get on their bad side. However, she was among friends, so Rosana had nothing to worry about. The only thing she worried about was escaping and going back to being a smuggler. Somehow...

Zekk jumped on her right shoulder and snuggled the young woman's cheek with his. Rosana smiled at her binjinphant friend and rubbed his chest with her finger. "Thanks for the comfort, little guy."

When a lady walked up to them and mentioned about her parents, Rosana smiled softly to herself. If only she could see her parents again. Hopefully, they were still alive... Once the woman mentioned about Rosana, the female smuggler smiled quietly and gazed down at the floor, with Zekk still on her shoulder.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @TheSilentInfluence @vncredleader

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update

"Put the Heart back in it's alcove." The Sith Lord's menacing tone was impossible to miss, though Professor Solo was far more worried about the creatures who had silently begun to fill the small sanctuary. There had to be a way out of this Solo thought to himself, but he was damned if he knew what it was. He turned to Knight Reese, whose weight he was still supporting and was about to ask if he had any bright ideas when Knight Bonaventure's lightsaber lit up the room. "Oh..here we go." Reese said under his breath.

"Jedi, cut your way through the henchmen, I'll keep this one off your backs." Bonaventure announced, and then Solo heard nothing more of what he said as the sound of the snarling and growling minions of the Dark Side filled the small ante-chamber. Big X responded with a few bursts from the on board partical cannon mounted to his arm, which sent shockwaves through the small room while also knocking out the front wall behind the alcove, revealing the sacrificial chamber they had seen just a few minutes ago. Solo meanwhile reached for his blaster, a venerable old DL-44 that had been in his family for over a century and began firing at the oncoming horde of beasts. "This would be a lot easier if your friends would help!" He shouted in frustration to the Jedi, noting how the ones who had been prostrate before the Heart just moments ago simply stood there, unmoving, in the midst of the carnage. They took no action against the creatures, and likewise the creatures seemed to ignore them as the battle raged on.

Noting the same issue, Knight Nosrep shouted at them. "If you have returned to your senses enough to fight, I could really use the help!" as he ignited his green blade, and charged forward into a line of monsters, swinging with a strong two handed grip, bisecting a group of them at once. With weary and confused shakes of their heads the Jedi blinked in unison as if seeing the chaos around them for the first time. "What in the name of?" Knight Gimm spoke for them all as he reached to his belt before revealing, and igniting, his lightaxe, separating the arm of one creature as it passed by him. "How many is that now!?" he shouted his question, hoping it wasn't his first. Solo smiled, it seemed Knight Nosrep had gotten his friends back into the fight, and not a moment too soon.

Bonaventure and the Sith had battled out into the sacrificial chamber now, their blades clashing time and time again as each tried to gain an advantage over the other. It was a fool's errand for "Darth" Mola though, and he knew it. The Ongree Jedi had seen through his facade, he was no Sith, he was barely a dark side adept. He had no chance of defeating a fully fledged Jedi Knight, not unless he used all the strength and dark energy he could muster. He deflected the shots fired at him, and then fueled his own attack with his fear, his rage, raining blow upon blow down on the Jedi who deflected them with his own bizarre weapons. Still, the attacks were working, driving the Jedi back, towards the pit.

"Do you really believe you're going to be victorious in the end, Darth? Have you ever studied history? Servants of darkness never end well. Darkness is weak; the smallest light will dispel it in a heartbeat." No, that wasn't true, it couldn't be. The darkness always survived, always persisted. The Heart had told him so. He closed his eyes for a moment as his own confusion clouded his anger for a moment, sapping his strength. He couldn't allow these Jedi to take the Heart, it was the source of his power.

He lunged suddenly at the Jedi, locking blades and pushing him back. If he could force him off the edge, make him a sacrifice, maybe it would further fure Mola's weakening state. His saber twisted, the crossguard threatening the Jedi's throat and Mola smiled. "It won't be long now!" he whispered triumphantly. But the Jedi responded with a turn of his wrist that swung the lower spike of his strange weapon toward Mola's chest. The Sith aspirant leapt back to avoid it but managed to keep the Jedi trapped near the chasm.

"Think for yourself, Mola! Don't let the holocron be your brain. It only wants death and destruction. You're just its tool, and it will discard you the moment it finds a more useful servant!" Again the words of the Jedi rang true, for deep down Mola knew he was just a vessel for the Heart's own designs, he was as much it's slave as any of his minions or those digging in the dirt. But, he had the benefits of power that they lacked, and that was still worth fighting for. He moved in for the kill, feeling that throwing this Jedi over the side would see the Heart grant him even more strength.

"I just... need a little more... space!"

The words from behind Mola caught his attention, and he witnessed the Ongree Jedi cleaving sveral of his minions in two, even as the other Jedi and their non force using friends continued to hold off their attack. Enraged, Mola turned back to his quary, eager to finish him off. The Heart's influence would grow over the others once this sacrifice had been made, he was sure of it, and then the other Jedi would also fall. He would...

He sensed a force buildup behind him and glanced to where the Ongree Jedi had been, but the Jedi had pushed away his attackers and was now on a collision course with Mola himself. Without a thought he tried to deflect the onrushing Jedi, but his force bubble never met any resistance as the Jedi slid under his "shield" and kicked his legs out from under him. he dropped his blade which went out as it hit the stone floor of the chamber, his arms flailing about in an effort to balance himself. At first they found nothing, and then they found the shirt of the Jedi he had been fighting. Beneath it lay the man's beating heart. Mola smiled as he began to chant the dark words, his hand making a slow circle over the Jedi's chest, drawing out his life force. He would make a fine sacrif...

And then, suddenly, Darth Mola's hand was pulled away from the Jedi's chest and he was filled with the terrifying sensation that he was falling, falling. The Jedi grew farther away as he looked up at them as they peered over the edge of the lava filled chasm at him, watching him as he fell. The heat was rising, growing unbearable even as his robes flowed around him. He reached out, for somethinmg, anything to grasp onto which would cease his plummet, but there was nothing. A moment later, maybe two, Darth Mola met his doom as he struck the lava and burst into a bright flame and was no more.

The brief flaring of Mola's body lit the chamber, and though the creatures could not see it, their reaction to his demise was swift and immediate. They wailed as one, crying out in anguish before they retreated headlong into the tunnels from which they had come, leaving the bewildered Jedi and their companions all alone.

"Well, that wasn't so hard now." Solo quipped, wiping sweat and blood from his brow as he eyed the satchel containing the heart that hung from Knight Nosrep's shoulder. "Was it?"

OOC: Feel free to fill in the gaps of just how "Darth" Mola met his demise in your post(s).

IC: Chif Erso (NPC)

The race was going just as designed by Erso and his...benefactors. Sensing through the force the exact moment the race would begin he had gunned his engines and gotten that split second head start that always put him out ahead of the pack, just as he had been trained Now as he completed the first lap, still out in front he took stock of how the other racers were doing. The second lap was the best time to eliminate his closest competition, to ensure they were no threat for the remainder of the circuit.

Closest to him of course were Robbe and his dim witted friend. They were no threat, Erso had beaten them time after time, and though they were better racers than most, especially when they worked as a team, he knew them to be no match for his own skills. No, his attention was drawn back into the pack, further back in fact than he was accustomed. The new racers, the pair in the single pod. They had moved up several spots, and they were threatening to gain even further. Well, that couldn't be allowed to happen.

They were all on the first straightaway and as he allowed his pod to build up speed, he visualized the pair's pod in his mind, focusing on the energy binders. Deactivate those and the engines would fly apart, taking the pod with them. He closed his eyes for a moment, trusting the his control over the force to guide him and began to envision the binders, but the vision wouldn't coalesce. There was something...wrong. Something he couldn't understand, but try as he might there was no "seeing" the binders of the pair's pod.

He opened his eyes and was startled to see how close he was to the first turn! Jamming on the airbrakes he dumped speed and banked his pod hard over to make the high angle turn, annoyed at both Robbe and his friend as their pods flashed by his own in more controlled turns. He mashed down on the accelerator, determined to catch up to them and pass them at the beginning of the third lap. For now though he had larger concerns on his mind.

The newcomer's pod was fast gaining as they entered the slalom, and now was Erso's chance to rid himself of them. He still couldn't focus on them, but he could focus on the pod in front of them, and that was nearly as good. Concentrating on the image of that pod's energy binders in his mind, he imagined breaking the energy bond between engines just as it ran past the canted wreck of an old Gozanti. The binder's failed, and the pod in front of the Sodi and Avarray flew apart as the engines launched themselves in different directions. One of those engines flew straight into the pod next to the afflicted pod, causing it too to explode out in front of the newcomer pair. There would be no way for the pair of inexperienced racers to get through that.

There, that should take care of them Erso thought as he started the broad curve ahead and began to fous on catching up to Robbe.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @galactic-vagabond422

OOC: Feel free to bring us to the end of the second lap in your post(s) as I have faith in your ability to get through the trap Erso sprang on you. :p

IC: Knight Grersk Duy'leh/Master Hector Zey (NPCs)

Master Zey sensed the reluctance in the newcomer, Rosana Zorbo, and her growing unease as Knight Cora's team disembarked from the old freighter used to ferry them back and forth from Mandalore. They were feelings he too had felt when first he had been revived by the Guardians, he remembered well the feelings of insecurity and not knowing one's place. He had been forced to look past them in their hour of crisis though, and put his full effort into rebuilding the Guardians of Light. How would this former Jedi and potential new guardian deal with her own past however? It was a question only she could answer, though he knew the Council, as well as the other Jedi, would be there to guide her along her way.

So too did Knight Cora give off a strange sense of discomfort at the mention of her parents. Ah, yes, an odd thing that, meeting one's parents after so much time. Probably some of the reason the old order forbade such attachments. It must have been troubling even moreso given Cora's heritage, but it appeared the woman had returned stronger than when she had left, even if her own questions lingered. The old Jedi frowned slightly as the mood in the hanger became somewhat grim with all the self doubt floating about, but Knight Cora lightened the mood with her exuberant question.

"Knight Duy'leh, did you get a Padawan?"

Zey let out another loud laugh as the Bothan Jedi bared his canines in a self deprecating smile. He hadn't taken on a padwan since...well since ever. His missions had always forced him to be self reliant, and didn't offer him the time or opportunity to train someone himself. He looked to the armor clad Knight and bowed his head slightly in mock despair. "Sadly not for myself Cora," he smiled again. "This is Rosana Zorbo, a former apprentice for the New Jedi Order." He gestured again to the woman as he introduced her to the Jedi returning from Mandalore. "The force...the force I believe wants her to carry on her training with us, and since I had to return from Coruscant anyway...I thought I'd bring her along." He shrugged his robe clad shoulders. "I see your time on your hearthworld has been well spent," he indicated her newly fashioned armor.

"You mentioned that when you first arrived, your need to return here." Master Zey addressed the Bothan with concern in his voice to which Duy'leh gave a nod in reply. "I was going to wait to inform the Council, but as you mention it may be some time before they can convene..." he trailed off as Zey nodded thoughtfully before motioning him to continue. "The worm program that Temple Security installed into the Triumvirate Navy's mainframe was discovered." Zey raised an eyebrow at that. Taab would not be happy, that "worm" was a vital source of intelligence into the intentions of the largest combined military force in the Galaxy. Zey however took it in stride. The Triumvirate was made up of the NJO, the Galactic Alliance and Fel's Empire. Rarely did the three elements agree on anything to the point of using their combined military might for a single purpose, and the strength of the others was enough to keep any one faction in check. It was a unique set of checks and balances that had kept the Galaxy mostly at peace for the last decade or so. It was something the GoL would need to rectify, but it was nothing so urgent that a decision had to be made before the Council could convene. Zey said as much now.

"You were right to return, we'll need to send you back if the Council decides to reintroduce another invasive program." Duy'leh nodded along with the Jedi master. It would be a spirited debate he was sure, and Temple security would also want to have their say. "Until then. Cora, Aldor," he gestured to the two Knights. "Why don't you all show our new guest to the padawan level? I have a few things to discuss with Knight Duy'leh." The Council would have to decide the newcomer's fate as well, though she would no doubt have a large say in whether she wanted to remain or not. Until then, it would be best to show her where she would be staying and the advantages the Temple of Light had to offer her.

TAG: @SkywalkerShine @TheSilentInfluence @vncredleader

OOC: Feel free to move your trio to the padawan level during your posts. I'll have a new padawan NPC (and maybe even a new player character or two) there to meet you in my next update

IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Shuttle Trident, returning to Saridona Prime

"Why don't you all show our new guest to the padawan level? I have a few things to discuss with Knight Duy'leh." The Bothan again inclined his head in reply at Master Zey's statement, and obvious intentions. They needed to discuss their strategy for the upcoming Council debate, that is if the Council was as fractured as it had been in the past regarding these matters. At least The Bothan Knight would know where Master Zey stood, as well as the position of Temple Security on the matter. "Following this failure, convincing Master Alyn will be most..." Duy'leh began only to be drowned out by the whooshing of approaching retro jets and repulsor engines screaming. Another ship was arriving at the main hanger.

Master Zey looked to the opening doors, recognizing the old Lambda class shuttle as it set down on the deck. Master Kasumi's task force had returned. Closing his eyes he could feel the frustration roiling off of a familiar presence even before the boarding ramp lowered. Taab was always easy to pick out, especially when he was accompanied by only Jedi. Now his anger flared like a stellar mass. Their mission had not gone well. "Hold that thought," Zey said soundly, clasping his hand on the Bothan's slight shoulder as the Trident's boarding ramp was lowered and the occupants deplaned.

"Welcome back, I trust your mission was..." Zey spoke with a broad grin, he knew very well that it had been a failure, Taab's obvious frustration was clear enough evidence of that, but there was something unexpected here. The task force has left with five members, and returned with six. "Ah, who have we here?" Taab regarded the Jedi master coldly, noting the presence of the Spy (Knight Grersk Duy'leh) and wondered why he had returned. Whatever the reason, it meant nothing good. Still he answered the General's (Hector Zey) question first, his voice ringing out from under his buy'ce (helmet). "The Tagalong?" He indicated Edo Vilsa. "She's a force sensitive, wants to be a jetii." He used the mando'a word for Jedi.

"As to our mission," he shrugged not bothering to hide how he felt. "Total bust, we recovered Master Piim's lightsaber, but no telling how long it had been there." He handed over the old hilt and Zey took it, caressing it softly as he rolled it over in his hands. Master Piim had been his early equal on the council, the one who had advocated for steady hand during the crisis they faced. If only he had followed her advice...

He blinked away the forming tear in his eye. This was not a time for reliving past mistakes, what was done was done, the will of the force, it was best left to the past. "Thank you Commander," he let out in a rush. "Take heart, we will find them." Taab nodded his head almost imperceptibly as Zey addressed Edo. "Well my new friend, we just had another potential apprentice arrive, she is being shown the padawan level now." He turned to the returning Jedi. "If you hurry along you may catch up to them, though Commander, if you will stay." The Jedi Master made a slight gesture to Knight Duy'leh. "We have a situation we would like to discuss with you, privately."

TAG: @Coffee_Ninja @Rebecca_Daniels

OOC: Moved us along a little more quickly than i would have liked, but I think it best to get this group "home" for game play purposes. Feel free to catch up to the others as you make your way to the padawan level.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    GM Approved

General Information:

Character's Name: Vanora Cinali
    Species: Togruta
    Rank/Affiliation: Jedi-In-Training for now
    Language: Togrutan, Basic
    Residence: Saridona Prime
    Home Planet: Shili

Character Traits:
    Personality: Warm, compassionate, studious, can work independently or as part of a team, though not necessarily as the leader.
    Likes/Dislikes: Likes to study Jedi lore and history and social customs in various societies past and present. Likes jizz music. Does not like unexpected or unexplained changes in mission parameters. (As long as she has the rationale, she can go along with what's needed.)
    Strengths and Weaknesses: Vanora is tactful and articulate. She can be impulsive in her actions at times.

Looks:
    Eye Color: Blue
    Skin Color: White
    Distinctive Characteristics: Montrals & Lekku

Personal History:
    Immediate Family: Vanora has 2 siblings, one older and one younger; there are 2 girls in her family. The youngest sibling is her brother.
    Biography: Vanora was training to be a healer on her homeworld but discovered she had high empathic/Force sensitivity, so she decided to go to SAridona Prime.

Miscellaneous:
    Lightsaber: N/A
    --Blade Type: N/A but it will doubtless be single-blade
    --Blade Color: N/A. Would love it eventually to be green or blue.
    --Saber Amount:N/A
    Combat Forms: Concentrating on Soresu
    Strong Area of the Force: Emotive Sensing
    Weak Area of the Force: Danger Sense i.e., as in before the situation arises. Would also like to sense subtle cues of deceptiveness. Sith unmasking. :p
    Pets: N/A
    Weapons: N/A
    Starship (if any): None.
    Droid (if any): Would like an R7 to assist on missions.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine Bonaventure
    At the Pit of Despair

Flames flared briefly from the lava below as Darth Mola met his end. You served a bad master, Mola, but you were a good swordsman. I hope you find some repentance and peace in the afterlife... but I wouldn't bet on it.

I saluted his grave with my blade, then turned away and picked up the saber he had dropped. Such things shouldn't be left lying around.

"Professor, you're bleeding. Let's get everyone patched up and take a few minutes to catch our breath. We've been pushing hard all day. Let's not make any foolish mistakes now because we didn't take time to rest and recover when we had a chance."

I approached Solo with a medpack. "Just a scratch, I think, Professor. Let's just get that clean, dry, closed, and covered so you don't pick up any infections, then I'd suggest you get busy with some holorecordings of this place. We'll have to destroy it when we leave. The darkness is strong here, and we need to cleanse it so it doesn't corrupt any more like Mola and his minions."

First aid finished, I looked around at the temple, surveying the shrine and statuary, planning the safest and most effective saber cuts to reduce the place to rubble. Gim was also eyeing the architecture with axe in hand. "Tell me, Gim, how did a nice Ugnaught like you end up in a death shrine like this?"

9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Eventide

The Ongree hesitantly got back on his feet, rotating his knee joints slowly so as to return feeling back to them. "I wish I would have had a chance to stretch before doing that. But it worked."

Yes, he sensed Mola flailing in the lava before, and his dark essence dissipated completely only a moment later.

Sarge was attending to the injured, but they had no time to spare. "I would rather not linger any longer than we have to..."
    His eye's focused on the tunnel Mola had emerged from. They couldn't leave any innocents behind, to starve, or worse be sacrificed.
    "We need to free the slaves, and get back to our ships."
    He wrapped his arm around his shoulder, and pulled the bag holding the holocron to his chest.
    "Can't risk this falling into their hands again. We should return to the temple, and debrief the council."

@Sarge, @Bardan_Jusik

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  10. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    GM Approved

General Information
    Name: Kassokay Nuro Acyk
    Species: Twi’lek
    Rank/Affiliation: New Jedi Order (formerly); New Coruscant Police Department (formerly)
    Languages: Basic, Ryl, Mando’a
    Residence: Secret Jedi Enclave, Level 1551
    Home Planet: Coruscant

Character Traits
    Personality: Altruistic, Trustworthy, Ambitious, Sociable, Honest, Sympathetic
    Habits/Mannerisms: He has a habit of constantly solving a Rubik’s cube that he carries
    Dislikes: Cruelty, Depravity and Slavery
    Physical Strengths: He is extremely athletic, allowing him to overcome nearly all opponents
    Physical Weaknesses: He suffers from chronic fatigue if he over-exerts himself in combat
    Mental Strengths: Passion, Confident, Critical, Open-Minded, Problem-Solver
    Mental Weaknesses: Built-up anger, holds grudges
    Emotional Strengths: Passionate, Assertive
    Emotional Weaknesses: Impatient, Impulsive

Looks
    Appearance: Kassokay is 6ft 3in and weighs 220lbs. His fit and muscular body is covered in Mandalorian and Twi’lek tattoos, denoting his mixed heritage, along with scars and wounds from his days in the NCPD working the most dangerous areas of Coruscant's Underworld.

Eye Colour: Green

Hair Colour: Not Applicable

Skin Colour: Orange with black markings on lekku and body

Personal History
    Parents: Lusceti Kotihi Acyk (father) and Rosai Etusa Acyk (mother)

Siblings: Tewbeme (twin sister); Ret (younger brother); Bo (younger sister)

Spouse: Tentime Tualin (still a secret crush at this point)

Biography: Born in a highly secret Jedi enclave on the lower levels of Coruscant in 120 ABY, Kassokay was found to be extremely strong in the Force and was trained from a young age in all aspects of the Jedi path, from Force powers to lightsaber combat. Living in the shadows, it was not long before he became a master forager, stealing food right under the Siths’ noses.

In a daring plan, the family secretly escaped from the enclave, and the Sith, in 134 ABY, and had soon resettled on a distant planet named Saswiuq, which was located in the Outer Rim Territories, bordering the Unknown Region. Whilst there, the Jedi Masters who also managed to escape resumed his training, and he quickly became much more adept and powerful.

In 134 ABY, he was chosen by Bothan Jedi Master Vosk Girosi to be his Padawan. Over the following four years, the pair travelled the galaxy and directly confronted the disease that was slavery. He eventually proved himself worthy of becoming a Jedi Knight, and in 138 ABY, the Twi’lek passed his Jedi Trials with flying colours. And like the family members before him, he chose the path of the Jedi investigator to play his part in eviscerating slavery from the galaxy.

Shortly after this, he was offered a position within the New Coruscant Police Department, as a detective with the Special Victims’ Unit, which dealt with undercover operations relating to the freeing of slaves. He quickly rose through the ranks, attaining the rank of Sergeant after only six years on the force. He also became the poster boy of the department, and was called on to solve the most difficult slavery cases, namely retrieving kidnapped humans and sentients.

In 156 ABY, after eighteen years’ of conspicuous service and exemplary conduct, Kassokay took up early retirement on full benefits from the NCPD Commissioner. He was now ready to move onto the next chapter of his life, which was whatever the Force had in store for him at any time. He did have the notion of becoming an artist and settling down somewhere quiet.

Whilst planet-hopping on a long deserved holiday across the galaxy, the Force began to pull him and his ship toward a certain planet. As his ship made entry into the atmosphere, he saw a landing pad beneath him and touched down. Upon landing, he saw a Jedi temple off in the distance and decided to make his way there. Arriving at the temple, he saw a small group of Jedi and approached them to enquire about this place. They all introduced themselves as the Guardians of Light, and that the planet he had landed on was called Sardonia Prime.

It seemed that the Force had decided that the former detective still had a lot of work left to do in the galaxy...

Miscellaneous
    Lightsaber blade type: Standard
    Lightsaber blade colour: Orange
    Combat Forms: Expert in Shii-Cho and Soresu
    Strong Force areas: Inspire, Empathy, Cure, Mind Trick, Life Sense, Truth Sense
    Weak Force areas: Force Track, Invisibility, Force Smell, Far-Sight

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  11. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Rosana Zorbo

The young smuggler nodded her head to the two Jedi Knights with a quiet smile. "What's up?" She wanted to stay quiet but at the same time didn't want to be rude. They seemed like good people, Jedi or not. So Rosana decided to be courteous to all of them, until she could figure a way out. Once Master Duy'leh mentioned about showing Rosana where she would stay, the young woman smiled and hoped that she would get a chance to rest soon. This was certainly a long day.

"Thank you, everyone. I appreciate the hospitality. I hope that I won't be a bother though." She chuckled and crossed her arms while Zekk was perched on her right shoulder.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @TheSilentInfluence @vncredleader

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  12. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray

The Vagabond Knight had his eyes closed for much of the first lap letting Sodi do most of the flying. Rak's hair was blown behind him, he could almost feel the dust and smoke getting caught in it. His hands were still wrapped around the tool box waiting for the moment to strike. Light dark, light, it all swirled around him as he finally looked up seeing the number 13 painted on the side.

A sneer formed on his face. That stinking number, why did it have to be that number.

With his eyes narrowed the knight peered into the distance feeling the hair on the back of his neck rising up.

"Oh, no friend." he said under his breath recognizing this feeling of someone was reaching out with the force. Closing his eyes the second sight took over. Dark tendrils wiggled and writhed their way towards the outline of the Jedi's pod. Rak focused forming a glowing barrier in front of the engines, it resembled a triangular shield rebuffing the tentacles of black. "Your tricks may work on others but, now you face an equal." It seemed Erso didn't take rejection well as one of the pods in front of them suddenly burst into pieces. Rak's eyes went wide. Sodi was a good pilot but, there was too much debris to avoid.

The wanderer quickly put his head down hiding it under lip of the side pod, as the outer edge of the shrapnel came at them. Again he closed his eyes and focused his mind, calling on the Force to shield the turbines from the metal bits and pieces flying towards them. His hope was that in the mess no one would notice the subtle change of direction of glimmering shards of what was once a finely tuned racing engine.

"Keep going," Rak yelled over the roaring winds towards his compatriot, "I'll shield us." His forehead was suddenly very cool, the wind quickly evaporating the sweat that had accumulated on his brow. It would be refreshing if there weren't another lap of this race to go. Once clear of the wreck the knight focused again this time on Erso's craft on the linkage between one of his engines and his pod.

"You wish to play a game friend...Then let us play a game." Rak whispered stretching out with the Force, his mind able to think solely about the pod the linkage and the pilot all without having to split his focus and worry about colliding into something.

Trust in another was a powerful tool, the most powerful in a Jedi's arsenal. A sith would never trust another, would never put his faith in something outside of his own power. That is why they always fail.

Erso was alone, could he fend off Rak, and Sodi at the same time? Could his mind balance two fights simultaneously, Rak was curious to find out.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @Bardan_Jusik

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Knight Jo Sodi

Watching what happened during the second lap was something to behold, he had felt the reach, something sinister worming toward the pod that as he flew was an extension of himself. To wound it was to wound him, he felt the probing tendrils, felt the hardened defense of his partner in all of this form up around them as they came out of the most recent turn.

Then it happened, the darkness denied it's easy prize reached out to the one ahead of them. Already they had passed through the first turn dumping their speed, and then the one after, and then the Gozanti, a trick he wasn't especially eager to repeat so he had followed the packs chosen 'main passage' through the junk. That was when the one ahead exploded, and with a free engine hitting the pod beside it the hazard doubled. Something which only left a split second or two to react. His fellow Jedi was urging him to continue. The problem with that was even if his allie could save the engines and their exposed hides it was going to look very - very suspicious.

Luckily the first rule of podracing was there was no rules in podracing. Still, he did what he could to protect the engines, causing a rapid torque to the power converters energy feed lines he cause an arc that drew the engines closer together and tilted them up as though they were trying to fly straight up. The loss of forward pull and increased upward pull was enough to cause the slam through the middle of the fireball belly first. When it came to pod armor that was a high spot just incase the drivers were thrown free to skid on the ground. It all came down to him trusting the Force to guide his actions and time it just right, and to trust his fellow.

Granted their feet might get hot, the engines should be okay on the pass, and only the cables were truly dangerously exposed, but his partner was doing his part. The trust they shared blindly in each other proving true as each left their fate half in the others hands. Then they were through, half their speed was gone as the engines came down and bounced off the hard earth, wobbling before straitening out with a taunt jerk that slammed him back in his seat as they shot forward again!

"YEAH!!!" he screamed as he punched it, letting the pod do a spinning dance through the remaining garbage and gaining speed as though the straight of way was already hear before dumping into the turn and then sharply into the hanger where he gunned it again. Where the first lap he had kept it safe, now was merely retracing the trail he had done before. . .racing forward to try and come upon the sled of Erso, to come up where his partner could use one of his toys on the other when the time was right.

Sometimes it was fun to be a Jedi!

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik , @galactic-vagabond422

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Cora nodded in understanding, smiling slightly at Knight Duy'leh. "I hope you didn't run into too much trouble." She hesitated st his comment, before speaking again; unsure. "My parents seem very kind, but they don't really understand the Jedi." Cora shrugged as if this didn't bother her.

She turned to Rosana and added, "But you need a tour. We should go." She glanced at Knight Aldor after Rosana spoke before bowing to Master Zey and Knight Duy'leh.

"Please excuse us Master Zey, Knight Duy'leh."

Cora started to walk away, and motioned for her fellow Jedi to follow.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @vncredleader @Skyla Skywalker @SkywalkerShine

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update

"Professor, you're bleeding. Let's get everyone patched up and take a few minutes to catch our breath. We've been pushing hard all day. Let's not make any foolish mistakes now because we didn't take time to rest and recover when we had a chance." Solo wiped away the blood from his face as Knight Bonaventure handed him a med kit. "Just a scratch, I think, Professor. Let's just get that clean, dry, closed, and covered so you don't pick up any infections, then I'd suggest you get busy with some holorecordings of this place. We'll have to destroy it when we leave. The darkness is strong here, and we need to cleanse it so it doesn't corrupt any more like Mola and his minions."

Destroy it! How could they want to destroy it? "You can't just destroy it, this place has significant historical value, both recent and ancient!" Solo was incensed at the idea of destroying any artifact. "And I suppose you'll want to destroy that too!" He pointed at the satchel over Knight Nosrep's shoulder. "It belongs in a museum!"

Big X
    stepped forward at that. "Professor, despite the archaeological value of this site and the...artifact, I think it best to follow the Jedi's lead on this matter." The large droid looked to the Ongree Jedi. "I am sure they have a someplace to keep such an artifact safe, where it will no longer disturb anyone." Solo shook his head, still angry, but the Jedi seemed to consider the matter closed.

"We need to free the slaves, and get back to our ships." Knight Nosrep replied, giving them a new set of priorities, ones even Solo couldn't argue with. The status of the Temple and the Heart could be discussed later, those slaves though, they needed to be freed as soon as possible. "Tell me, Gim, how did a nice Ugnaught like you end up in a death shrine like this?" Knight Gim snorted at the question, keeping his lightaxe activated and ready for battle. "It was the Heart, it spoke to me to me," he gestured to the other Jedi that had answered the same summons. They were all still clearly enamored of the holocron. "In whispers, it calls...called to us." He rubbed his eyes and blinked rapidly, as if wiping away a bad dream before shaking his head slightly. "I'm fine, now, we're all fine." He rolled his shoulders and stretched, indicating he was ready to go rescue the slaves.

"Can't risk this falling into their hands again. We should return to the temple, and debrief the council." Solo frowned again even as his minor wound was dressed and patched up, but Reese brought him back to issue at hand. "Even if the slaves are freed, we need to get them off this world, and I doubt we have room in our ships for them all. How many are we talking about here?" He looked to the sacrifice they had already rescued. The man was still in shock but managed to reply. "Hundreds, maybe even a thousand..." Reese shook his head sullenly at that. There was no way to get them all off world, and no way to guarantee their safety save slaughter the entire population of the native creatures. "I can... I can bring back Triumvirate officials here to rescue them, but only if you promise that the heart will go back to a museum for study." Reese looked to his comrades before answering. "You have my word," Solo looked skeptical. "As a Jedi."

That still didn't seem to placate the professor, and with good reason, Reese had no intention of honoring his promise, at least not to Solo's satisfaction. The holocron would be saved, and brought back to the Temple archives on Saridona Prime for study, and the archives, they were like a sort of museum, right? At least Reese was sure Master Octaris saw them that way. So it wasn't a total lie, it just wasn't the complete truth. "Perhaps if I went along with them Professor, to ensure their compliance." Big X's suggestion came out as a statement rather than a question.

Solo didn't seem happy with the idea, but it satisfied his suspicions. "Fine," he nodded his consent unhappily, and Reese nodded his own assent as well. "Just make sure..." Solo's voice was drowned out by a roar from down the corridor, the one where the slaves were being kept. Reese and the others braced for battle, but they could sense something off about the noise. It wasn't hostile, but rather exuberant, soon they saw why.

A wave of human and alien flesh emerged from the tunnel, broken chains dangling from their arms, legs and even throats. They were the slaves, former slaves, Knight Reese corrected himself, and it seemed that without Mola and the Heart to guide them, their oppressors had lost the will to keep them captive. They flooded past the Jedi, almost as if they hadn't seen them, out towards the tunnels that had led the Jedi into the Temple to begin with.

"Think they know the way out?" Reese quipped before indicating that they should follow them. The quicker they were away from this place and back on Saridona Prime, the better.

IC: Chif Erso (NPC)
    Racing the Wind, Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare

As both the Gran racers put more distance between themselves and Erso, the sith aspirant remained focused on the pod behind him. They had somehow managed to fly through the "accident" he had caused unscathed, and he realized now just how strong in the force the air must have been, and how they presented a much greater threat than he had previously believed. Keeping his focus on the race he slowed his craft slightly as he began the third and final lap. It was counter intuitive perhaps, but he had the entirety of the lap to deal with the Gran fools out ahead of him. These other force adepts though, they had to be dealt with now, and it was something he was going to have to do personally, physically, rather than through the force. As the more experienced racer, and with a pod full of tricks, he knew he would have no issue dealing with these amateurs, no matter how well they were able to bend the force to their will.

Their pod kept coming, closer and closer as they approached the high degree turn following the first straight away. It was then that his danger sense alerted him to something... he heaved the pod over hard almost missing the turn and careening off the track. He had lost focus on the race, and it had nearly cost him dearly, but that wasn't where the sense of danger was coming from, it was something else, and it had to do with the pair of racers coming up behind him and his... pod linkage?

He nearly lost control again as they entered the slalom. He had to maintain focus on the race, not on what they were doing to him but it soon became clear that he couldn't. These beings, they were using his own tricks against him he thought as he narrowly avoided being skewered on the old rusted out hull of an ARC 170. They had foiled his own force assault, as well as protected themselves from his other machinations. Now the two of them were not only able to gain on him, but attack his pod through the force as well...

He wondered briefly if his patron would save him. If he were even here, but no, even if he or his agents were, he would have to do this himself. If he were strong enough, worthy enough, he would defeat these two. If not, then he was too weak to be of use. He snarled as they exited the slalom and entered the broad curve only for the linkages between his pod and the engines disconnected and went slack. Reaching out with the force he reconnected them before his craft completely came apart, but in doing so he was unable to make the rest of the turn. His pod careened off course, out and over the defunct spaceport. He tried to correct, but it was far too late as his pod connected with the remains of an old hanger. Throwing up a quick force bubble of his own to protect himself the pod crashed through into the hanger in a cloud of dust and smoke as Robbe crossed the finish line to the stunned applause of the spectators...

IC: Master Elim Rand (NPC)

Master Rand had just the barest sense of the force battle being waged out on the track as the racers began the third and final leg of the race. Surrounded by the emotions and excitement of the crowd as well as able to sense the anxiety and focus of the racers made it difficult to pick out exactly what was going on. He could discern however that the disintegration of the pod nearest to Knights Avarray and Sodi had been the work of this Erso, even if it seemingly was an accident to anyone else watching. Concentrating on just the pair of Jedi and their quarry he could sense now the back and forth that had gone on, and was still going on between them, and as he did he smiled. The Jedi were gaining the upper hand there, and so while the rest of the crowd was shocked when Erso's pod was launched from the course, Rand himself was not.

They had done it, the Jedi had prevented Erso from winning, though how they could apprehend him him and convince him to come with them for questioning was now in doubt. Rand and the other Jedi had positioned themselves in the stands and near the exits to the raceway, but Erso had already made his rather abrupt and unexpected exit. Quickly Rand and the others tried to make their way to the exits, but they were blocked by the throngs of thrilled spectators, going wild over the shocking loss by Erso and the equalling perplexing return to glory of Bicky Robbe.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 @Mitth_Fisto

OOC: Just to avoid any potential confusion. the hanger Erso crashed his pod into is one off the course, not the one on the course that the pods must race through. i wanted to give y'all a more private place to confront him.

IC: Padawan Elle (NPC)
    Padawan Dorm Level, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

[​IMG]

"I think you missed a spot", padawan Elle said with a smirk as she pointed to a still dry spot on the hard marble floor in the main corridor of the padawan level of the Temple. She had a mop in her own hand of course, both she and Apprentice Cinali had been assigned the menial task of mopping the floors here. Still she couldn't help but point it out the the young Jedi in training that had yet to be assigned a master, and thus made a full padawan.

With a focused effort she managed to slide the dirty water filled bucket on the floor over a half meter towards Cinali as if urging her to finish up their task. They were almost done, and Elle wanted to get in some sparring practice before her master returned from his assignment. Before she could say anything more though she felt the presence of several Jedi as a lift neared the padawan level. The doors opened revealing several Jedi, including Master Kasumi as well as Knights Iotasi, Aldor and Cora (now wearing distinctly unjedi like armor) as well as a newcomer.

"Fresh meat?" she asked snarkily, indicating Zorbo with the handle to her mop. "We could use the help."

TAG: @Coffee_Ninja @Rebecca_Daniels @SkywalkerShine @vncredleader @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheSilentInfluence

OOC: Welcome to the game, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha!

IC: Beskaryc Taab/Knight Grersk Duy'leh (NPC)/Master Hector Zey (NPC)

Taab, the General (Master Hector Zey) and the Spy (Knight Grersk Duy'leh) watched as the other Jedi left the hanger, showing the newly arrived potential apprentices the padawan level before turning to one another conspiratorially. "So, what's wrong?" Taab asked pointedly, knowing the Spy would only have returned from his posting on Coruscant if there had been a problem.

"They discovered the worm..." The General spoke plainly, his joviality gone now that he was speaking privately to these two. "Not a tragedy, but certainly a setback." Taab nodded in agreement, the worm program they had sliced into the Triumvirate Navy's mainframe had allowed them to keep track of fleet movements as well as reports originating in the Unknown Regions. For the last few years it had kept the GoL apprised of potential problems before they arose, as well as an early warning system if the Triumvirate ever headed in their direction. "We'll want to replace that then," Taab too spoke plainly, "and sooner rather than later." The other two nodded. "It's for the Council to decide, we'll need your assessment of how useful the program has been in the past, and if it's worth the risk of another mission to reintroduce..." Taab mulled that over as the general's comm link went active.

"General," the voice from the TCC could be overheard by both Taab and the Spy. "We have another ship incoming, an RX-4, though the pilot says he is a Jedi guided here by the force." The Spy arched a furry eyebrow at the General upon hearing that though they both looked to Taab drawn by the sudden emotional turmoil they felt from him. "Tell them to set down here in the main hanger," The General sent back to the TCC. "We'll greet this Jedi ourselves and determine his intentions." He clicked off the comm link as the TCC obeyed the order before addressing the Mandalorain head of security.

"Problem Commander?" Taab grimaced behind his faceplate, of course the General had felt his unease. Shabla spoonbenders, even after a decade of living among them he wasn't used to them. "Just that.." he shrugged, pointing down the corridor where the newcomers had recently departed towards the padawan level. "My team brought back a new recruit, another arrived of her own volition and now this, another potential member." Years ago he would have been pleased, such would have added to his bonus, though that had long since been paid. "So many new Guardians? This troubles you?" The General laughed. "I know you're uncomfortable here but..."

Taab shook his head. "It's not that," he began, though the General was right. Taab had never gotten over his feeling of not belonging here in the Temple of Light, it was just the best base of operations to pursue his revenge against Darth Sixtus and Twitchy (Darth Venom). "Then what is it?" Taab took a deep breath and paused before answering.

"The last time we had so many new recruits find their way here in such a short time span was a decade ago, right before the Sith showed up and laid siege to the Temple." He shrugged, he wasn't attuned to the Force, and certainly disagreed with the Jedi philosophy, but that didn't mean he didn't believe in the power the Force exhibited. "We needed the numbers then, and it seems as if the Force is telling us we need more numbers now..." he trailed off, uncomfortable speaking of the force in any way approaching deference.

"Ah," The General smiled wanly, understanding Taab's misgivings. "What you're saying is..." he was interrupted off as the patrol craft still wearing battered and worn Coruscant Police markings settled down on it's landing struts inside the hanger. Taab gave it a long look before finally responding.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

TAG: @Kyber Acyk

OOC: And a hearty welcome to the game to you as well Kyber Acyk.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora Cinali on the Dorm Level

Vanora smirked at Padawan Elle. She finished her task and said contemplatively: "Lot of activity/new arrivals here." She indicated the lift opening and several exiting.

"I'm off to the Archives." She said and left by a second lift.
    @Bardan_Jusik

:D

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Cora looked around at the mopped floors as Padawan Elle spoke before giving her a serious look. "Rosana hasn't been given an assignment Padawan, and I don't think it's your place to do so." Cora tilted her head, feeling strangely calm. She never usually got this stern, she never spoke with such sneakiness at all, and she turned to look at Knight Aldor, wondering what he was thinking. Was it her new armor? Or just the Mandalorian starting to show more?

As she shifted in her armor, Cora thought about her mother. She was confident, and as far as Cora knew could probably command an army. Cora had never led anything in her life, let alone scolded a Padawan. It's like I have a new identity, or my armor brings out confidence I didn't know I had.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @vncredleader @Skyla Skywalker @SkywalkerShine @Rebecca_Daniels @Coffee_Ninja @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

18. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Eventide

"Even if the slaves are freed, we need to get them off this world, and I doubt we have room in our ships for them all. How many are we talking about here?"
    Reese pointed out the obvious fact, that did not detract from their need to free the slaves. "Getting the out of here is priority number one. They can stay in the disserted housing units until we can send larger crafts to rescue them."

"I can... I can bring back Triumvirate officials here to rescue them, but only if you promise that the heart will go back to a museum for study."
    Proffesor Solo stated, and Semajj grimaced at that. Bartering with human lives, really? Glancing down at the bag that contained the artifact, he was beginning to worry it's dark effects might be felt even by those seemingly not connected to the force. Even so, Reese promised, and the Ongree raised one of his eye stalks to indicate slight disapprove. it was clear to him that his fellow Jedi was being deceitful. Ideally they would use logic and reason to dissuade the professor from this course of action. Ultimately he decided to say nothing, they didn't have time for niceties.

The droid expressed a desire to go with them, to ensure they kept their end of the deal. This had Semajj rolling his eye's, contemplating again that honestly would have ideally been the best policy. Solo seemed satisfied by that.
    As they began moving, the Ongree offered another important observation.
    "Preferably one of us ought to stay behind on planet to see to the safety of the innocents."
    Even as he said it, he realized none of the Jedi were in any position to stay behind. Reese was injured, Isabella was a mere apprentice. With the Holocron gone hopefully the whispers would not bother them any more. Even so, he'd rather not risk her, or any of the other Jedi who fell under its spell by leaving them without supervision.
    Then there was he and Sarge, the only two of them to have experienced, and the ability to recall all the events on this world. Their perspective would be invaluable when debriefing the council. Ultimately he sighed in irritation. They couldn't leave anything to chance, but he didn't know of any other way.

@Sarge, @Bardan_Jusik

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora in Archives

As Vanora settled in a comfortable form-contoured chair with a pile of data-discs, she recalled spying a Mandalorian Jedi giving Padawan Elle a stern talking to.

She grinned. I'm going to have to make sure to make her acquaintance. Preferably over something decadently sweet.

TAG:
    @TheSilentInfluence

OOC: :sabine: ;)
    :)

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine Bonaventure
    Eventide

As the horde of escaped slaves disappeared into the tunnels, I looked after them longingly. Getting out of this hellhole would be beyond wonderful... but there was still at least one more loose end to tie up.

"I hate to bring it up when we're so close to being gone, but, Darth Whats-his-name said something about the slaves digging for other Darkside artifacts. I don't know if they found anything or not, but we'd be wise to go sweep the area and make sure nothing dangerous is left lying around. And we might find something safe for our archaeologists to take home, so this trip might not be a total loss for you, Professor. Besides, it will give Gim a chance to do something useful just once before we skip this rock."

I was pointedly looking away from Gim, who was undoubtedly hefting his axe and giving me his usual look, as if I were a young tree he had a mind to fell.

21. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi
    Temple of Light

All things considered, their mission had been successful. Maybe not by Taab's criteria, or, well, the criteria that had landed them there in the first place, but they'd recovered the lost lightsaber, and left a hole where there was once a very bad guy. Satisfying, is what it was-- even if she hadn't gotten to dish out any justice herself, directly at least.

The shuttle trip back was long enough to check that none of her gear had been damaged, that everything was charged and ready-- one could never be too careful, after all-- and long enough to get just a bit bored. Should have brought Jinx for a round of holo-Pazaak. Long trips and having to stay still with little to occupy her mind were familiar states, but she was feeling... off. Antsy. Satisfaction with her work was one thing, but something was eating at her mind, keeping her from being able to settle down enough to relax. Maybe it was still the discomfort of being back around Jedi again. Or visiting Kashyyyk again. She'd figure it out eventually, she was certain.

That nagging feeling preoccupied her even as they finally disembarked. It was definitely being back with the Jedi, she decided, not really listening to Master Zey. Yeah, this Jedi Temple was just weird, that was it. Big, much bigger than the enclave she'd grown up in, filled with all sorts of unfamiliar Force-sensitives when she'd been away from their kind for years, and with their own doctrine that didn't line up with the Code she'd been taught.

She stayed with the small group, following somewhat mindlessly, caught up in her own thoughts. It took a moment to realise she was on the wrong floor, when they came face to face with some Padawans. Right. That's what Zey had said. That meant her quarters were... up a floor? No, down two? This Temple was way too big. But it'd all feel better if she could find Jinx and hang out with the little buddy.

"Fresh meat?" A Padawan pointed at another with them, one Liuna didn't recognise, but really, she barely knew any of the Jedi here yet. "We could use the help."

The Mandalorian-armoured one told off the girl as Liuna snorted at her comments-- she liked this one. "Rosana hasn't been given an assignment Padawan, and I don't think it's your place to do so."

Very commanding. Jedi Master material here, this one. Liuna stepped ahead of the group, as if examining the cleanliness of the floor as the other Padawan finished her task and left. "Oh, I don't know, cleaning floors is a good place to start. Builds character, muscle," she winked at the first Padawan who'd spoken as she passed, spinning to walk backwards so she was still facing the group as she continued, "boredom. Useful Jedi skills, you know how it is." She spread her hands in a bit of a shrug, fighting a smile from under her raised hood.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Coffee_Ninja @SkywalkerShine @vncredleader @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheSilentInfluence

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora in the Archives

Now that she had thought of something sweet, Vanora decided to head towards the kitchen or refectory. Calling the directions up on her padd, she headed that way. One could get lost in such a large place without a where-am-I app.

@Rebecca_Daniels & @TheSilentInfluence

[face_batting]

23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Cora raised her eyebrows, trying very hard not to smile. "The chores don't stop when you become a Master either Padawan. They just call them assignments." She manoeuvred around Padawan Elle before adding, "If anyone needs me I'll be grabbing something to eat." Cora walked away from her fellow Knights and Padawan's, thinking to herself about her Mandalorian heritage and what it meant now that she was back at the Temple.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @vncredleader @Skyla Skywalker @SkywalkerShine @Rebecca_Daniels @Coffee_Ninja @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  24. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    IC: Jedi Knight / Detective Sergeant Kassokay Nuro Acyk

The RX-4 settled down gently on her struts. The figure in the pilot's seat looked through the panoramic screen at their new surroundings. "Well, this certainly does beat Lower Coruscant on a Friday evening; a lot more tidy than that hell-hole," they muttered to themselves as they unbuckled the seat harness and flicked the ramp switch. It lowered with a hiss; it about was time to go and explore this new place.

The name of the newcomer was Kassokay Nuro Acyk, who up until a month ago had been a New Coruscant Police Department detective and Jedi Investigator with the New Jedi Order. The Force was extremely strong in his family and he had came from one of the most well known Jedi families, being the great-great-great grandson of Jedi Master Kyber Acyk, the mixed Mandalorian-Twi'lek Jedi Investigator who loyally served the New Republic with great courage and unsurpassed gallantry in many conflicts, both large and small, during his 50 years of service.

As he walked down the ramp and took in his new surroundings, he spied a group of what seemed to be Jedi in the distance. Looking down at his clothes, he knew that this was probably not what they were expecting a new arrival to have; black steel-toed boots, dark blue cargo trousers, a burgundy red dress shirt and a black leather jacket. Great - the Force had directed him here, and he was dressed completely inappropriately.

"They probably think I am a lost traveller and not a Jedi Knight..." he muttered under his breath as he strode towards the group. Deep down, he was feeling tense and nervous - Kassokay had always been like this around people that he had never met before.

@Bardan_Jusik

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  25. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Padawan Level

Oh the Padawan level...always one of amusement for Kasumi. Not just because of her own experience during her time as a Padawan and the memories that it would bring up, but the constant banter between the Padawans there. Kasumi had mopped many a hallway, and felt much the same way as Padawan Elle did.

"Yes, it can be boring. But there can be good moments in there too. And there are always moments used for training."

With a simple gesture Kasumi was able to move the mop away from Elle and use it like a puppet on a string to work on her agility and speed with defenses from an attacker. She returned the mop to normal a few moments after that and gave Elle a friendly smile.

"Well done. Remember each thing given is one that is not for boredom, but it can teach something.....even in the quiet times of mopping.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik, @Rebecca_Daniels, @SkywalkerShine, @vncredleader, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @TheSilentInfluence

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.