main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Legacy of the Guardians (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik , Mar 10, 2017.

  1. TheRynJedi

    TheRynJedi Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jun 20, 2018
    IC: Sanchari
    Blue Haven Refugee Camp

    Sanchari looked at the lightsaber in Knight Bonaventure’s hands with trepidation. She could feel the darkness radiating from it. She remembered the first of these dark warriors she had encountered, back on Saridona Prime, they hadn’t even been that close to her and she had been completely overwhelmed by their darkness. She thought back to the ship they had explored recently, and the echoes of violence she had felt there; she had been able to keep them from overwhelming her, and had even seen a few images that gave them some insight. Could she open herself up to the Force, and allow it to show her what she needed to find, without letting the darkness overwhelm her?

    “I do not be sure I will not be overcome,” Sanchari replied. “But I will see what I be able to find.”

    Initiate Sanchari and Knight Bonaventure moved a bit away from the camp where the other Jedi and their associates were doing triage and gently questioning the refugees.

    The pair sat in the shade of a rocky outcropping, facing each other, the dark Chiss warrior’s saber on the ground between them. With the Knight’s reassurance that he was there, and would be keeping an eye on her, Sanchari took a deep calming breath and reached out to the Force.

    It was there, as always, filled with the sounds of life and of death, of growing and of decaying, of blinding sunlight and blackest night, and between it all, a balance that ebbed and flowed. The minds and feelings of the sentient beings around her floated there too, distractingly, she pushed them aside and focused on the darksider’s saber. She reached out and rested a small, long-fingered hand on the cold metal...

    FURY-FEAR-ANGER-HATRED-DARKNESS-BATTLE LUST... Other feelings the former slave almost didn’t have words for in any of the languages she spoke... the self-satisfied arrogance of superiority, though, that was one she'd sensed before.

    Suddenly she was a child again; being herded into a transport shuttle, screaming for her mothers as the guards sealed the hatch. She was a young pre-teen; being forced to dance for an audience that made her shudder without even knowing why. She was a teenager, exhausted after hours of labor, finally hearing the whistling cries of the tiny life she had felt growing inside her ... “Excellent. Good to know that my investments are viable breeders." Her master's voice. "Now get her back in shape, I want the girl performing again as soon as possible.” The baby's cries fading as it was taken away to be raised by another.

    Sanchari gritted her teeth, the emotions suffusing the saber were dredging up memories of those emotions from her own life.

    But she had survived and escaped that life, she would survive this. Darkness would NOT own her again.

    She began to hum a song, it was an old Ryn tune her one of her many mothers had taught her, but recently, she had set new lyrics to it, translated into her native Ryn:

    "Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force."

    The chaos faded to a manageable level. She was in control of her mind and emotions.

    "Be showing me your secrets, weapon of the darkness," Sanchari whispered. "That we may be turning you to the Light."

    OOC: Leaving it to @Bardan_Jusik to tell us what insights Sanchari gains from her Force vision.

    TAG: @Sarge @Bardan_Jusik
    And/or
    @Skywalker_T-65 @Coffee_Ninja @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
     
  2. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Knight Troi (GM restricted use NPC)
    Noris spaceport


    Knight Troi found himself smiling along with Knight Avarray as Knight Sodi did his very best to maintain their cover. At least some of them seemed to be thinking, unlike the padawan and his comrades they had been sent here to find. "Alright everyone we have a location," Avarray said as he waved toward the camp. "Let's get a move on, we are already behind schedule." The mandalorian Knight fell into lockstep with the others as they trudged off in the direction of the camp even as Avarray dismissed the local, Claudius, much to Troi's delight.

    "Thank you for your help Claudius but, I think we can take it from here. We can have a drink sometime once this is all over." He gave a small smile to Cora, who seemed rather upset at the summary dismissal and for a moment Troi wondered if it was going to cause a situation. However it was the Chiss instead who spoke up. "I'd like to go with you, if I may." Claudius said quietly. "I know this area quite well, and it would be more beneficial to you if you let me help." He turned to look at Cora who gave Knight Troi a calm look.

    "If there's a chance he could help us then I think we should take it." Cora added. She rolled her shoulders and nodded at the group. "But if you want to turn down the help of an experienced explorer who knows how this planet works, what to avoid...then turn down his help." Troi regarded her coldly, she was trying to manipulate him, and he had to admit, it was working. Looking back to the Chiss guide he felt a nudge through the force, a subtle one. At first he thought it was Cora trying to alter his thinking but he realized soon enough that the nudge didn't have a locus, it seemed to be the will of the force itself that Claudius accompany them. That nearly brought a frown to the Mandalorian Jedi's face as he questioned himself. What possible use could this Chiss scoundrel be to them? Though the question soon turned to something else. What did the force have in store for them, and him? Finally he just gave a nod, wondering if the others had suddenly all felt the same nudge from the force as he had. "All right, come along then," he said still not quite believing he was saying it

    TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @SkywalkerShine @galactic-vagabond422 @ConservativeJedi321 @Kyber Acyk @Mitth_Fisto

    OOC: feel free if you wish to have had your characters feel the same nudge from the force that Troi did.
    Claudius will eventually be joining us in the Temple of Light as a secondary character for Silent.
    Also go ahead and feel free to move our characters through to the edge of the city in the direction of the refugee camp. I'll start moving the other group towards your characters so they can all meet in the middle in my next update.




    IC: Padawan Min'ord'krizoo "Nord" (NPC)
    Refugee Camp, Noris


    "It is," Padawan Octa muttered as she listened to Nord relay a message. She looked over to Livvie who has an expression of concern mixed with confusion on her face. It was clear the young padawan didn't know what to say to Livvie, not that Nord knew any better. The situation was good for them, but not so good for her. "Nord, what do we do now?" The Chiss padawan shrugged as he looked to the eldest padawan, Colcha for guidance. The elder padawan had been leading them since the loss of Knight Klusd'dil'remuw but had since fallen silent. "We should..." Nord began, hoping Colcha would have an idea, but he didn't say anything. Maybe this was his way of testing his fellow padawans, but if it was it came at a most inconvenient time.

    "We should head back to the city, to the spaceport." Nord said finally trying to sound confident though he was anything but. "The image came from our shuttle, so that's where the others must be. We should go try to meet them." he looked to the others, hoping they would support his decision, even though he clearly had no idea if it was the right one or not.

    TAG: @Kev-Mas_Colcha @Khalia Octa

    OOC: If your characters agree go ahead and post the group leaving the refugee camp and beginning their trek back towards the city.




    IC: Knight Gim (NPC)/padwan Elle (NPC)
    Blue Haven, Unknown Regions


    Pulling his lightaxe from the last droid, Knight Gim took a moment to survey the scene of carnage before him. Apprentice Cinali had displayed a power he hadn't thought her capable of, though he was glad she had. No doubt her actions had saved the lives of many of these poor refugees. Still it wouldn't do to give her too much credit. "That still only counts as one"** he shouted to her gruffly before turning his attention to Knight Bonaventure and Sandstrider. Together they had defeated the Chiss darksider, and now the Knight was taking his lightsaber hilt. The Ugnaught snorted. Flying about using his lightwing, or whatever it was he called it, engaging the enemy with blaster and now taking a lightsaber trophy? He might as well be a mandalorian, a thought that surely would have amused their Chief of Security. Now though wasn't the time for such. They still had to render aid, to help the refugees and then find out why they had been attacked in the first place.

    Gim's padawan of course was already doing her best to treat the wounded, of which there were a paltry few. Gim therefore took it upon himself to examine the droid wreckage for a moment. They seemed to be the same type of droids that they had encountered before, on the derelict vessel and back on Saridona Prime when Sanchari had arrived. Looking to the initiate he saw she had gone off with Bonaventure, he was a good Knight, the lessons from him to the young never stopped...

    OOC: **Taken from the Lord of the Rings





    Unseen by Knight Gim, padawan Elle or any of the others save Bonaventure who watched over her, the Ryn initiate Sanchari was now deep in a force trance, one that went beyond her own experiences or those of the dark lightsaber she held in her hands. There was darkness, an inky blackness that seemed to have no end though after a what seemed like an eternity there appeared with the darkness points of light, like candle flames in a dark cave or stars in the night sky. Yes, it was the night time sky, she could see that now as she found herself floating through it, through space itself it seemed. She was weightless, both literally and within her own heart as her concerns melted away.

    [​IMG]


    Her feet now came upon a pathway, a path outlined by the light in the infinite darkness. Looking down at the path she could see that it curved throughout space, connecting the myriad of stars in the distance, and nearer to her doorways, gateways that seemed closed but could open at any time. She began to walk the path in front of her, her feet making no sounds as she did so. In fact, there seemed to be no sound at all save for a faint whispering. She closed her eyes and strained to hear what was being said and was surprised it seemed to be coming form a multitude of voices that seemed to surround her.

    She opened her eyes now, trying to understand the meaning behind the words from the myriad of voice. She was still within her vision, the path was still below her feet and before her was a gateway, a doorway...

    [​IMG]

    She felt a compulsion to enter, but was stopped from stepping forward by an unknown force. "You should not be here," one of the whispering voices spoke to her directly, though she could not discern the source of the voice. "Their time will come" It was another of the voices, again louder though still she was alone. "You must find the keys, only then can you enter through the door." It was a third voice, one that sounded frail, but wise sounding as if it had come from directly behind her. She turned, but there was no one there. Looking back to the doorway she saw the wolves had now disappeared, to be replaced by nine glowing objects that seemed to spin around the gateway in a circle. They were different shapes and colors, and could be held in the hand. Indeed, one even seemed to be shaped much like a stylized black hand while many of the others were more geometric in shape. A glowing blue faceted orb, a darkened red pyramid, a cube with a greenish hue and more...

    Suddenly she was jarred awake, the trance brought to an abrupt end along with her vision. She blinked, she could still feel the torment within the blade she held but knew that what had been shown to her was so much more than that...




    Meanwhile Gim had bent down to examine the body of the Chiss darksider, pulling his hood away he saw the features of this Chiss had been marred by decay from within. Indeed it looked as though his entire body was rotting away even before he had been killed. Recoiling in disgust, Gim dropped the hood back over the Chiss' face when a chiming from the darksider's belt chirped out. It was a commlink, and from it now came a voice. "Lord Rot, we have the Hand." There was a long pause as if the speaker expected an immediate response, but of course there was none. "Lord Rot?" There was another long pause. "Lord Thorn had instructed us to return the Hand to base, we will be back for you in a few days..." There was another long pause. "Lord Rot, are you receiving?"

    TAG: @Skywalker_T-65 @Coffee_Ninja @TheRynJedi @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

    OOC: The vision described above was seen by Sanchari only. How she interprets it or describes it to others is of course up to her. Naturally in a meta sense it gives all players an idea, another hint, of where the game is headed. :p
     
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  3. Sarge

    Sarge Chosen One star 7

    Registered:
    Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine Bonaventure
    Worry is not the Jedi Way

    I watched Sanchari carefully as she slipped into a meditative trance. Of course I wanted to reach out with the Force to guard her, but that would ruin what she was doing. She had to let the Darkness in, so I could nothing but watch and stay alert for danger.

    Faint twitches in her face signaled that something was happening, and the Darkness rose and swelled in her. But I could still sense a glimmer of Light at her core. I hoped she was still clinging to her true self, that the Light would guard and guide her, and she would emerge stronger and wiser.

    Force of Light, you'd better be guarding and guiding her, or you'll answer to me.

    I mentally concentrated my apprehension in my chest, took a deep breath, and blew it all away.

    Well, I tried to, anyway.

    TAG: @TheRynJedi
     
  4. Mitth_Fisto

    Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jo Sodi
    Noris Spaceport

    Things seemed to finally go right, the Spaceport manager was a greedy gundark and getting his fill saw them left alone. Now, to top it off they had the message from their lost associates. So, that meant that they possibly had the info they were here for and everyone could get together and hopefully leave this sad refugee world in peace. At least that was what he thought as he nodded along with their errant leader in dismissing the Chiss smuggler.

    Sadly that didn't go to plan, then again nothing had so he shouldn't really be surprised, although it didn't stop him from rolling his yellow glowing eyes at the two of them. The two of them were obviously acting like Gizka's in heat and this was not going to go well, he waited for the 'Captain' of their vessel to dismiss it when he felt a tug on the Force. Squinting at the pair he had to admit, perhaps the Force agreed with this pairing and it was actually a good match. So good it was being aided by the Force, now that, that was something.

    "Congratulations." he simply stated with a nod to the two of them as he made sure his filtered mask was securely in place. Who knew what diseases were rampant here. Not that he didn't know how to cleanse his blood if needed, but better not to have to focus on such things.

    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik , @TheSilentInfluence @SkywalkerShine @galactic-vagabond422 @ConservativeJedi321 @Kyber Acyk
     
  5. TheRynJedi

    TheRynJedi Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jun 20, 2018
    IC: Sanchari


    The world around her spun wildly as Sanchari was thrown out of the vision. She blinked, trying to focus on her surroundings, on even her own physical form. She felt as if she had been walking among the Stars, watching as the Force wrote in them the Fate of the Galaxy. She needed something solid, something real to center herself.

    She felt the saber hilt in her hands. It vibrated with dark energy, but beneath the miasma, she sensed something. A pain, a torment, something that was twisted and wrong, and didn’t want to be that way. She latched onto it, on this disharmony that grated on her nerves like a note played out of tune. Sanchari imagined the Light of the Force illuminating the darkness, and the shadows around the saber began to dissipate. Within, she found the source of the torment, the dissonant note. Sanchari remembered someone saying something about there being a special sort of crystal at the heart of a lightsaber, perhaps that was what was emitting this jagged note she felt. Without knowing exactly how she did it, she tuned it, changed its resonance until the note rang clear, sounding like a crystalline chime in the Force.

    Her surroundings came into focus again. She felt the minds of the beings huddling in the makeshift shelters. Nearby, she felt Knight Bonaventure’s concern and, protectiveness. Sanchari met the Knight’s eyes and smiled a bit weakly.

    “I be all right, Knight Bonaventure. I...” She took a deep breath and let it out. “I be not sure what exactly I saw, but I think I be knowing something about what the Dark Ones be after...”

    Sanchari lifted the saber hilt vertically before her, it was still the sharp, large, angry-looking metal it had been before, but within... It felt grateful, it wanted to be her companion in service of the Light, as it had been to another once, before the Dark One had corrupted it. She pressed the activator button on the hilt. With a soothing hum, a blade of brilliant silvery-blue energy appeared.

    “...We must be preventing them from finding it at all costs.”


    Tag: @Sarge
    (Or whoever else might wander over. She’ll share the details of the vision when the Jedi are all gathered, especially the Masters)
     
  6. SkywalkerShine

    SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

    Registered:
    Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: I deeply apologize for not being on as much. Is there a way that Rosana can interact with one of the characters? I feel really bad for not posting as much due to work and life...

    IC: Rosana Zorbo

    Noris Spaceport

    All of a sudden, Rosana felt a nudge in the Force. She stopped in her tracks and glanced around with bewilderment. Her little furred friend, Zekk, glanced up at Rosana with worry as he was walking beside her. Why she suddenly stopped was beyond her. "With the kriff was that...?" Rosana muttered, still bewildered. She glanced at the others, wondering if they felt the same thing. This is why she didn't want anything to do with the Force or Jedi anymore. Stuff like this made her feel uneasy. Then again, it was helpful to be cautious.

    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @TheSilentInfluence @Mitth_Fisto @galactic-vagabond422 @ConservativeJedi321 @Kyber Acyk
     
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    TheRynJedi and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  7. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Grand Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray
    Noris Spaceport

    Rak locked the younger knight with a hard stare. They were supposed to be low key not draw any attention or too much of it. Having a tag along where there could be flashy violence, with lightsabers and all, it would be harder to hide their activities. He was about to say something to maybe use harsher language that he would normally. He opened his mouth to chastise but, he felt something, a subtle pull for a moment he thought Cora was trying to push his thoughts in a certain direction. But, then he realized that it wasn't coming from anywhere. It was just...there pushing him.

    He was not one to deny his lady. If she wished this man to come with them, to be with Cora, so be it.

    "Fine, we're behind schedule as it is." He locked eyes again with Cora, "He's your responsibility." They wouldn't miss the cheeky smile on his face as he turned around bursky, his long coat ruffling in the wind. As he walked he kept his eyes sharp keeping a look out for the robed individuals he saw before and their lost crew. He wanted to open up his senses to reach out with the force but, he knew that was a two way street. He could sense them but, they could sense him as well.

    He kept quiet but, kept up his grouchy captain act shifting his shoulders every now and then like he was trying to get comfortable. All the while he hoped he wasn't too late.

    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @TheSilentInfluence @Mitth_Fisto @SkywalkerShine @ConservativeJedi321 @Kyber Acyk
     
  8. ConservativeJedi321

    ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 5

    Registered:
    Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Noris


    Semajj was unsettled at the thought of bringing this relative stranger along with them. They ought to be keeping a low profile, and the only guide they needed was the force.
    Despite this reservation, the Ongree did not object. First Troi, then 'Captain' Avarray agreed to allow him to tag along. Jo Sodi also expressed no reservations, what would be the point in putting forth a sole dissent? Maybe his fellow knight was being distracted by emotion, it was not for him to presume, and creating needless conflict wouldn't make this go any quicker.

    "Well, we should not delay then." He stated, hoping to move on to the more pressing issue. Whatever company they kept, they still had a mission to complete.

    Tags: @Bardan_Jusik, @TheSilentInfluence, @Mitth_Fisto, @SkywalkerShine, @Kyber Acyk, @galactic-vagabond422
     
    Bardan_Jusik and TheRynJedi like this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Knight Troi (GM restricted use NPC)
    Nearing the Noris city limits.


    The travels of the Jedi and their plus one through the city started out uneventfully, though there were at first a fair share of gawkers and other locals clearly curious about the group of off worlders traipsing about through their streets. The presence of Claudius with them seemed to ease any worries they might have had. Already the Chiss spacer was proving his worth there thought the Mandalorian Jedi though he had a sense that the Force had something even more important for him down the road. Now, as they neared the edge of the city they came a fenced in warehouse of some sort, a dusty road led out from what Troi presumed were loading gates on the other side. The road led off towards the distance, in the direction of the camp refugee camp Claudius was leading them to.

    There was a sudden sense of danger though. it felt like a soft, cold breath on the back of his neck from someone standing too close. Troi subtly glanced behind the group, but saw nothing. Looking then to the others he wondered if they had felt the same thing, if not than there was nothing to worry about. Probably. That was when he nearly stumbled into Zorbo who had stopped suddenly in her tracks.

    "With the kriff was that...?" She asked, mostly to herself it seemed. Troi's eyes narrowed, so it wasn't just him. "We're being followed," he replied to her matter of factly, letting the other Jedi in on what they had already probably surmised for themselves. "And whoever it is, isn't friendly."

    TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @SkywalkerShine @galactic-vagabond422 @ConservativeJedi321 @Mitth_Fisto @Kyber Acyk




    IC: Padawan Min'ord'krizoo "Nord" (NPC)
    Refugee Camp, Noris


    Upon hearing from their friends the trio of padwans made immediate apologies to Livvie and set out back towards the city. Though he tried not to show it, Nord was more than happy to leave the destitute conditions of the refugee camp behind. He was Jedi first and foremost, and thus hated to see any being suffer, but to see the suffering of his own kind made it doubly worse. At least they seemed to be meeting their adversity with some dignity he thought as they left the camp.

    This time they followed the road. There had been no discussion of it, no order given, and none of them really seemed to take the lead over the others. Rather it just sort of happened. if he had given it any thought Nord would have figured that it was because it was quicker and made the journey easier on their weary feet, but his mind never strayed there. In any case, the danger they had all sensed earlier seemed to have passed. Their pursuer had given up long ago and they felt nothing more from him as they trudged along.

    Halfway along their journey three hover trucks passed them along the road, kicking up dust in their wake. They were coming back from the camp the padawans could see, empty. "We should have hitched a ride on one of those," Nord grumbled spitting dirt from his mouth. That would have made things go much faster and easier on their tired legs. Shrugging he let the disappointment fade from him, it was too late now, and action in the past that couldn't be undone. They had now just to accept that and move on.

    A short time later they could see the city limits off in the distance, and could even barely make out the warehouse they had passed on their way out of the city. The three hover trucks that had blown by them were there too, backed up to the loading docks. They were too far away to see any activity near the trucks, not that such was any of their concern.

    "Almost the..." Nord started when he seemed to be hit by a cold breeze, a sensation they had felt before. "He's back." Nord exclaimed to the others. Their pursuer, whoever he was, it was the same feeling they'ed all had when he had been chasing them through the city. This time though the feeling of danger didn't come from behind them, this time the danger was out away from them. Still in the city, beyond the warehouse. "He was waiting for us," Nord began not understanding that the Chiss darksider had long ago abandoned his efforts to track them, and was instead tracking much more significant prey. Their friends.

    TAG: @Kev-Mas_Colcha @Khalia Octa





    IC: Knight Gim (NPC)/padwan Elle (NPC)
    Blue Haven, Unknown Regions


    "Lord Rot, we have the Hand." There was a long pause as if the speaker expected an immediate response, but of course there was none. "Lord Rot?" There was another long pause. "Lord Thorn had instructed us to return the Hand to base, we will be back for you in a few days..." There was another long pause. "Lord Rot, are you receiving?"

    Knight Gim turned to the other Jedi within earshot with an upswept eyebrow. He was trying to decide whether to respond or not (wondering too if any of them had any bright ideas, though they remained silent) when the transmission abruptly cut out. Whoever it was on the other end had either finally grown impatient and "hung up," or had figured that this Lord Rot (Really? Who thought of these names?) had been killed, incapacitated or was otherwise occupied. Looking around to the others it was then that the Ugnaught Jedi realized that neither Knight Bonaventure nor Sanchari were among their number.

    "What happened to them?" Gim questioned, "Where are..." he opened himself up to the force and could feel each of their presence nearby. The clarity of their strength told them that neither was harmed. Instead they had seemed to move off a ways the both of them for reasons unknown.

    "C'mon then," he told the Jedi who were still helping the survivors of the camp. "Let's see what those two are up to, and then we can help these people," he indicated the Chiss refugees who seemed to actually be rather wary of the Jedi and had not yet approached them after their rescue, "the best we can."

    TAG: @Skywalker_T-65 @Coffee_Ninja @Sarge @TheRynJedi @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

    OOC: Assume in your next posts that our characters here have all congregated with Sanchari and Bonaventure for discussion of her revelations and what was overheard on the Obscurum comm device. We can deal with the refugees in a little bit.




    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Temple of Light, Saridona Prime


    While the rescue mission Taab had spent much of his time digging deeper into events in the Chis Ascendency. It was usually difficult even in the best of times to get solid information from the area, so usually he didn't bother. The juice just wasn't worth the squeeze and besides they tended to keep to themselves and had never been a threat to the Temple. The overdue mission to Noris, and the reason for it being sent in the first place though had caused him to re-evaluate that decision and he had spent the last several days gathering what information he could, pouring over free source information, and even going so far as to call in old favors from mercenaries that he knew sometimes traveled the region. They had been surprised to hear from him he noted, most had thought him long dead. He hadn't really relished the idea of letting them know he was still alive and somewhere out there, but it couldn't be helped. Now he was collating all of that data only to discover it painted a bleak, if still rather incomplete, picture.

    There had been attacks throughout Chiss space. Terrorists of some kind attacking mostly civilian targets, but a few low key military ones along the way as well. Nothing hardened, nothing likely to induce casualties among the attackers is how Taab interpreted that. Their numbers must be low then, hit and run on lightly defended or usually totally undefended targets. Bombings and the like. There seemed to be no strategy that he could discern, and though that bothered the experienced mercenary, it wasn't totally unexpected. His expertise was on tactics, not over all battle strategy.

    He hadn't discounted the idea that it all might be unrelated to the sudden appearance of the Sith wardroids and their Chiss controller on Saridona Prime either. Though it all seemed too coincidental to him. Especially after the Noris team had gone missing. Still it seemed prudent to get another set of eyes to look at this first before presenting it to the Council. Jedi eyes, Taab determined. His own staff would see things through a filter far too similar to his own he was sure.

    That had brought him here, to the quarters of the Lorrdian the others called Knight Koji Vansyph, but known to Taab simply as the Mimic. The Jedi had demonstrated over the years that he could see patterns others might miss. Begrudgingly admitting to himself that he had already missed this threat on their doorstep, Taab had no compunctions about asking for additional help now. Knocking on the door he looked through his T-Visor at the Jedi who answered. "I'd like you to go over a few things before I make a presentation to the Council," Taab began.

    TAG: @The Vanguard

    OOC: Welcome back to the game the Vanguard. Assume that Taab goes over the info mentioned in my post with Koji. If you need any more details spelled out to flesh out your post, PM me and we'll work something out together.
     
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

    Registered:
    Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora Cinali, Blue Haven

    Vanora turned from where she'd been helping the refugees as she felt a surge of -- something -- and saw that Sanchari was lost in some sort of trance, while Knight Bonaventure observed her closely.
    Vanora started to go over to where Sanchari was, and as she did so, she caught some bits and pieces of a transmission on the comm-link of the defeated Darkside Chiss warrior.

    Lord Rot...Lord Thorn, and a Hand? What could that be referring to?
    "We'll be back for you in a few days..." Vanora caught.
    Oh no, she thought with apprehension, I hope we're out of here by then.

    "Sanchari," Vanora asked, "Are you all right?"

    Whatever Sanchari wished to confide, Vanora hoped it would help them get to the bottom of all the mystery.

    Tags:
    @Coffee_Ninja
    @Skywalker_T-65
    @Sarge
    @TheRynJedi
    @Bardan_Jusik
     
  11. The Vanguard

    The Vanguard Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Koji Vansyph
    Temple of Light, Saridona Prime


    The quiet meditation of a Jedi was a retreating experience for Koji. His affinity to the force was deep but his receptors to see and interpret what it was saying, well that was another thing entirely. He trained his thoughts to be on the here and now, reaching out into the depths of the Force like dropping a rock into the vast oceans. Sinking and swimming were not the same things and he worked every day to learn the latter.

    Hearing the subtle footsteps approach and stop in front of his door, Koji stood up to receive a visitor.

    *Clank clank* - *swoosh*

    Koji beheld the Mandalorian Commander, "Taab. It's been a while," Koji began as he offered an assertive look of earnest. "I'm assuming this isn't an invitation for coffee? No matter, the machine is still broken."

    "I'd like you to go over a few things before I make a presentation to the Council," Taab began.

    "Let's have it then."

    The Commander succinctly described the situation and Koji began to pick up on the concern Taab shared. "There is more here than is apparent. Bivi and I will dig deeper and see what turns up."


    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik
    OOC: Good to be back! :)
     
  12. TheSilentInfluence

    TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora, Claudius
    Nearing the Noris City Limits

    Claudius led them out of the city; watching the treeline carefully. You never knew who or what could be lurking nearby, though he was confident he could handle whatever came there way he was worried about his new...friend. Alpha looked capable and anyone who thought of messing with her was sure to end up on the ground, but Claudius was starting to wonder if there was more to the woman then she let on.

    He stopped suddenly when it was confirmed they were being followed. "Stay behind me." Claudius told Cora quietly as he stepped back. Cora frowned and instead moved right next to him; hand going behind her back to grip the lightsaber pieces.

    "It's probably not friendly." Cora remarked quietly, shifting and trying to real out briefly with the force. She shook her head, feeling a little sick and turned to Knight Troi. "We had better figure out something fast, the refugees will get caught in the fighting." Cora turned to Claudius. "I hope you're as good as a shot as you've implied."

    Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @SkywalkerShine @galactic-vagabond422 @ConservativeJedi321 @Mitth_Fisto @Kyber Acyk
     
  13. Mitth_Fisto

    Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jo Sodi, Jedi Knight
    Nearing the Noris city limits.

    Their journey through the city started out uneventfully, after the odd adjustment to keep their plus one which had seemed to smooth their journey. The presence of Claudius with them seemed to ease any worries they might have had. They were coming up on a fenced in warehouse of some sort, a dusty road led out the other side, probably a loading and exporting from the city proper to other towns or the refugee camp in the distance. Actually if he remembered his orientation and where that packed shuttle had headed, that would be the right direction for the refugee camp.

    As he pieced that together he felt the itch, the tingle like a small insect crawling across his skin. At one time he had put it off to nerves, and then through life he had attributed it to his gut keeping him alive. Now he knew better, he knew it was the Force, a warning. Troi subtly glanced behind the group, not wanting to start a mass gawking Jo fought hard to keep his eyes forward, focusing instead on that crawling sensation. Trying to uncover direction, distance, and that tell tale prick of danger if something came his way. Nodding when Troi looked at him he subtly indicated he felt it as well. That was when he nearly stumbled into Zorbo who had stopped suddenly in her tracks.

    "With the kriff was that...?" She asked, mostly to herself it seemed. Troi's eyes narrowed, so it wasn't just him. "We're being followed," he replied to her matter of factly, letting the other Jedi in on what they had already probably surmised for themselves. "And whoever it is, isn't friendly."

    Claudius stopped suddenly when it was confirmed they were being followed. "Stay behind me." Claudius told Cora quietly as he stepped back. Cora frowned and instead moved right next to him; hand going behind her back to grip the lightsaber pieces.

    "It's probably not friendly." Cora remarked quietly, shifting and trying to real out briefly with the force. She shook her head, feeling a little sick and turned to Knight Troi. "We had better figure out something fast, the refugees will get caught in the fighting." Cora turned to Claudius. "I hope you're as good as a shot as you've implied."

    "So much for keeping that realization subtle." Jo simply stated as he adjusted his face mask, making sure that was secure and the filters turned on. Last thing he wanted to do was have to roll out from a barrage and loose it. One hand dropping to his blaster and the other to his electro dagger he prepared for whatever it might be without announcing who they were.

    TAG: @TheSilentInfluence , @SkywalkerShine , @galactic-vagabond422 , @ConservativeJedi321, @Bardan_Jusik, @Kyber Acyk
     
  14. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Grand Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    IC Rak Avarray
    Nearing the Noris city limits.

    "We're being followed," Knight Troi said with narrowed eyes. Rak nodded his head. This was not unexpected they already knew their friends were being targeted would make sense that they would be followed as well. Rak was content to continue walking maybe making a few turns here and there to lure their tail somewhere more private where they could conduct their business in peace. It seemed his crew had other plans. He casually put his hands into his pockets finding the holdout blaster he'd hidden there. Didn't want to give away the game too early. Though maybe there was a way to salvage this. Looking over his shoulder he notes the locations of his 'crew' and any shifty looking beings.

    Having run in circles where thievery and stalking were the name of the game. This left him with a sort of sensor for those who wished to do ill. The force also helped, but he knew that was a two way street sometimes. Though maybe that was what they wanted. He closed his eyes reaching out with his feelings, with the force those around him would feel it if they were attuned to the energy of the universe. His 'ping' done as it were he smirked.

    "Crew with me, we've wasted enough time. We don't have time to sightsee. And this crowd is getting on my nerves." He barked over his shoulder. Briskly he guided them to a nearby alley hopefully devoid of witnesses and people that could be used as shields or leverage. Though the ploy only worked if the crew followed him, he hoped his blatant use of the force was enough of a give away that he wanted whoever it was to follow them.

    TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @SkywalkerShine @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @Bardan_Jusik @Kyber Acyk
     
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  15. ConservativeJedi321

    ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 5

    Registered:
    Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Nearing the Noris city limits

    As the group of Jedi Traveled as discretely as they could through the city, not all that successfully Semajj contemplated as he nearly stumbled into a female Chiss who had stopped to eye the strange looking traveler with curiosity, the Ongree began to get a bad feeling in his stomach. They were being followed, with a subtle glance down the path they had just come the feeling only got worse. At first he dismissed the thought, there was certainly an uneasiness coming from the locals who had been gawking at them during their travels. Yet that suspicion was only surface level, the kind he would suspect to feel from any people seeing such an odd assortment of aliens in their town. There was something more pressing, and his companions obviously felt it as well.

    "We're being followed," Knight Troi said with narrowed eyes.
    Claudius stepped forward, apparently trying to protect Cora. Semajj would have found that rather ironic if not for the circumstances. If their friends were in danger, it was likely that they would be targets as well.

    "Crew with me, we've wasted enough time." Master Avarray stated in a gruff tone. "We don't have time to sightsee. And this crowd is getting on my nerves."
    It would be good to find a less crowded space, somewhere where their stalker would find it difficult to hide. Semajj didn't hesitate to follow the human. "We will need to act quick if we are to catch our friend by surprise." he stated in a hushed tone.
    "And if possible, keep him alive." He eyed their Chiss guide, hoping he wasn't just good with a blaster, but precise with it. "We'll get more information out of a prisoner than a corpse."

    Tags: @Bardan_Jusik, @galactic-vagabond422. @TheSilentInfluence, @SkywalkerShine, @Mitth_Fisto , @Kyber Acyk
     
  16. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Knight Troi (GM restricted use NPC)
    Noris city


    "It's probably not friendly." Knight Cora remarked, giving voice to the feelings they all had. Her words and actions immediately putting the Jedi on a defensive footing that Troi knew their tracker could not have missed. But there was no forthcoming strike, no attack and the throngs of people just pushed past them in annoyance, looking on the foreigners with disdain. Confused, Troi looked to Knight Avarray who staying in character issued a simple command. "Crew with me, we've wasted enough time. We don't have time to sightsee. And this crowd is getting on my nerves." As to the latter, it seemed the feeling was mutual, regarding the former, the Knight quickly led the Jedi down a dead end alleyway. They now no longer had anywhere to run to, though running didn't seem to be a part of the plan.

    "We will need to act quick if we are to catch our friend by surprise." Knight Nosrep opined in a hushed tone. "And if possible, keep him alive." He eyed their Chiss guide, hoping he wasn't just good with a blaster, but precise with it. "We'll get more information out of a prisoner than a corpse." Troi found himself nodding enthusiastically along with the Ongree's words even as their pursuer entered the alley...




    IC: ???
    Following the Jedi, Noris


    Following after the Jedi through the city, the Chiss was beginning to have a bad feeling about all of this. He had gotten word from the harbor master regarding the abandoned shuttle he had tried to purchase. According to the port authority, the original owners had shown up, and paid the balance of the unpaid fees against the vessel. That it and of itself was discouraging enough, the Chiss had hoped to quietly acquire the vessel in order to take her and discover her secrets. Now that of course would be impossible, barring a full scale assault which of course Lord Thorn had forbade. Worse still, the description of the owners did not match the group of padawans he had tracked earlier to the outskirts of the city. That meant this must be yet another group of Jedi. A fact that Lord Thorn would be most displeased about once told. Therefore the Chiss had decided to refrain from informing his master until more could be learned. The harbormaster had told him that they had been seen going off into the city, along what the Chiss knew to be much the same path that the padawan's had taken, and so he had taken after them, staying to the shadows as he watched them.

    They were Jedi all right, though they weren't dressed as Jedi. Nor did they act as Jedi, but he could feel the lightside of the force just oozing off of them. It made him sick to his stomach. There were more of them now than before, though he couldn't tell for certain whether they were more or less powerful than the group he had encountered earlier. At least one of them was local, and possessed no knowledge of the force at all. Others seemed to have a tenuous grasp, certainly nothing approaching his own strength, even alone without a contingent of war droids to back him up.

    He laughed though as he watched them bumble about, even bumping into members of the crowd. It was clear they were trying to follow the route the padawans had taken, though it wasn't exact. The streets now were more crowded than before, and they drew much more attention to themselves than the padawans had in the rain. Fools, he decided, they were fools and they had not even the where with all to detect his presence. A predatory smile spread over his Chiss features. They were weaker even than the padwans he had tracked before, save perhaps one. He closed his eyes for a moment, using the force to guide him rather than his vision.

    Yes, there was a stronger presence among them, one that even now was reaching out into the force in a vain attempt to find him. So there was one of their number that might pose a challenge. But he was sure it was just the one. The earlier group had likewise been a group of padawans under the tutelage of a single Knight. Once he had been taken, the other three had scattered. It would be much the same here. He opened his eyes and watched as the group shifted suddenly, rushing into a nearby alleyway, an action which was cause for the return of his smile. They were making a mistake isolating themselves like that. Now he could deal with them, quietly, as Lord Thorn intended.

    He followed them into the alley, subtly using the force to alter the moods of the Chiss citizenry around him, ensuring they wouldn't be followed so that he would be alone with the Jedi. Reaching into his robe he pulled his lightsaber from it, prepared to frighten them with it's brilliant red blade when he stopped short in his tracks. they had turned to face him, and it was now that he realized it was he that had miscalculated.

    This was no group of frightened and meandering padawans, this was a hardened group of Jedi Knights, and he was outnumbered. The Chiss knew the limits of his own power, knew he had no chance at defeating all of these Jedi, though perhaps he could kill the Twi'lek and the females before he was overcome. Even so, that wouldn't accomplish his master's goals, nor his own, and his self preservation instinct kicks in. Gathering the force to him he jumped, high onto a fire escape and started to run from them, without thinking, towards the nearest safe space, the nearby warehouse...




    IC: Knight Troi (GM restricted use NPC)
    Springing their own trap, Noris alleyway


    "After him!" Knight Troi yelled his blood lust flowing, glad they were the only beings in the alley and he hadn't drawn any extra attention to themselves. It was clear now that the Chiss darksider had panicked, they could all feel the desperation and fear roiling from him as he leaped to the fire escape high above them and began to climb higher still. Troi went off after him, hurtling himself up to the same fire escape and climbing after the Chiss darksider. By the time he had arrived at the roof though the Chiss was already sprinting off, jumping from rooftop to rooftop, the crowds below unaware as to the goings on above their heads. Once again Troi set off in pursuit, urging the others through the force to come help him.

    The Chiss was fast, too fast for Troi even, and soon he began to fall farther and farther behind. It was only though the efforts of the other Jedi that they began to corral him towards the edge of the city, once there he would have no more roofs to jump to. He would be forced to stand, and fight, and then the Jedi would take him. The darksider jumped to the roof of the last building, a somewhat ramshackle old warehouse at the city's edge. Troi darted after him, yelling to him as the Chiss stopped at a skylight in the center of the roof.

    "You have no where else to run!"
    Troi yelled to him, igniting his lightsaber and pointing it towards the Chiss now. It was then that all the Jedi could feel the return of a sliver of the darksider's confidence as he ignited his own blade, though he was still clearly frightened. "It is you who has no where to run now Jedi..." he exclaimed as he slashed at the skylight, shattering it before jumping down into the interior of the warehouse...

    TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @SkywalkerShine @galactic-vagabond422 @ConservativeJedi321 @Kyber Acyk @Mitth_Fisto

    OOC: Figure most of your characters would have followed along on the chase and will be there at Troi's side. If not and I've mischaracterized your character, let me know via PM though and we'll work out alternative arrangements. For those that may continue the chase after the Chiss, a description of the warehouse interior is in the following portion of the update.





    IC: Padawan Min'ord'krizoo "Nord" (NPC)
    Outskirts of Noris city, Noris


    Sensing the coming confrontation between their Jedi rescuers and their darkside pursuer, Padawan Nord and his companions rushed towards the city's edge, following the dusty road to the warehouse. Here they stopped short and took stock of the situation before them. The three hover trucks had backed up to three loading gates on the side of the warehouse facing outward, towards the camps.

    Taking position near one of these Nord paused and listened to the tail end of a conversation taking place on the other side of the wall, overheard though the loading gate. "Next delivery is scheduled to depart at 0800 tomorrow morning," it was one of the Chiss drivers Nord thought, he could detect the sllght trace of a Ciorali accent anyway. "Loading will be complete by the designated time reference," came the robotic sounding reply, obviously that of a droid. Whoever was running the camp must be using droid laborers to handle the manual labor Nord thought, which made sense. They could work through the night without rest, something that couldn't be said of organic workers. Such was common place in space ports, so why not a terrestrial warehouse? Still something about the interaction seemed off to the Chiss padawan, something he couldn't put a finger on.

    "Well all right then, see you at 0730 to make sure it's done right." The Chiss voice spoke again, as the doorway near the loading dock opened and the three Chiss drivers exited the building. Nord had to roll under one of the trucks to avoid being seen, though he wasn't quite sure why he had done so. The drivers themselves seemed normal enough, tired and weary, but showing no signs of malfeasance. From inside though the answer from the droid made Nor'ds Chiss blood run cold.

    "By your command." the droid responded to the driver. Nord's red eyes grew wide as he whispered towards Padawans Octa and Colcha who were likewise hiding along with him. "Wasn't that what the sith droids said?" Fear began to overtake him as he heard another set of voices, one from above on the roof. "You have no where else to run!" The first voice yelled, accompanied by the familiar *snap hiss* of a lightsaber's ignition. "It is you who has no where to run now Jedi..." the other voice exclaimed followed by the sound of shattering glass.

    Nord felt a rush of adrenaline. Bringing his lighsabe rto hand he looked to the others. "We have to help them!" It was clear that rescue was at hand, but that the rescue team might need a bit of help. Forcing the doorway open the Chiss padawan rushed into the warehouse, eager to find and assist his fellow Jedi.

    Once inside the warehopuse though he found his eagerness died down as he stopped short. It was dark in here, and it took a moment for his eyes to adjust from the bright sunlight outside to the near total darkness within the warehouse. The internal illumination seemed to have been either turned or cut off, and the only light inside came from a shattered skylight high above. Looking around he could barely make out a maze of shelves, crates and boxes. They were labeled, in Chiss of course, and Nord could barely make out the words for "bottled water" on the nearest crate. The warehouse was storing relief supplies for the refugee camp he realized. Water, food, medicines and so forth. Why would the darksider's droids be here? Nord wondered as the crate began to lift off the ground suddenly, startling the Chiss padawan.

    Diving towards the ground and rolling to the side he looked up to see the crate being lifted by one of the sith wardroids. It looked down at him, its red eye scanning back and forth...

    [​IMG]

    ... before raising it's head and looking back to where it was going. Another droid of the same type, a crate labelled "canned goods" in it's arms approached Nord from behind. "Make way, relief supplies coming through," it admonished him before likewise heading to the same hovertruck to load its crate. Bringing himself to his feet, Nord saw that the droids didn't seem to care that he was here unless he got in their way. He looked back to his friends and shrugged. They had to find the others, and if the murderbots didn't seem to want anything to do with him or the other padawans, that was fine by him.

    TAG: @Khalia Octa @Kev-Mas_Colcha




    IC: Knight Gim (NPC)/padwan Elle (NPC)
    Blue Haven, Unknown Regions


    As the refugees began the work of surveying the damage to their colony and mourning the dead, the Jedi congregated around Initiate Sanchari. It was clear she had been the beneficiary of some vision, those Jedi ranked Knight and above had all had at least one at some time, and they recognized the signs. The Ryn initiate though seemed to pay them all no mind as they formed a semi circle around her.

    "Sanchari," Vanora asked, "Are you all right?" They all looked to Sanchari expectantly, but there was no answer. "Well?" added Knight Gim impatiently, "We're waiting..." he earned a punch in the shoulder for that from his padawan, Elle. Frowning the Ugnaught realized he had gone too far and should have known better. Visions could be a deeply personal experience. She would have to tell them on her own terms, and in her own time, if ever at all. The Ugnaught turned to Apprentice Cinali and padawan Raine. "Stay with her," They were her friends, perhaps it was better if they left them alone with Sanchari for the time being.

    Turning now back to the ruins of the refugee camp, Gim was surprised to see that in addition to digging graves for the dead, some Chiss were busy digging their own transport out form where it lay half burined in the sand. He approached one of them asking, "What are you doing?"

    The Chiss stopped what he was doing, narrowing his red eyes at the Ugnaught Jedi before gesturing out to the sands which still ran red with Chiss blood. "We are leaving, it is no longer safe here." His weary statement was punctuated by the painful scream of a wounded Chiss being tended to in one of the few standing tents. "It is no longer safe anywhere..." He trailed off, looking to the Gim and Elle with a dejected look on his face that was felt by all the Jedi.

    It was then that another Chiss, a woman who was burying her husband, spoke up. Her emotional pain too was evident to the Jedi, though her tone was more hopeful as she looked to her now fatherless child. "What about Noris?" she asked, her voice almost a whisper though it was heard even over the howling winds that threatened to kick up another sandstorm. "The camp there grows everyday," she continued on, he voice, and her conviction growing stronger as she did so. "Hundreds being added to the thousands already there and still..." Other Chiss around her were dropping what they were doing, nodding their heads in agreement with the woman. "And still they have suffered no attacks."

    The male Chiss looked to her, hope too rising within him, and then back to the Jedi even as the woman continued. "We came here hoping to be overlooked by those commiting these atrocities, but it's clear now that true safety lies in numbers." Others in the crowd began to offer vocal support now as the male Chiss looked Gim in the eye.

    "We thank you master Jedi for saving us here, but once we have buried our dead and treated our wounded, we must leave this place and head to Noris where we shall find peace."

    TAG: @Sarge @Skywalker_T-65 @Coffee_Ninja @TheRynJedi @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @ThisIsMe1138

    OOC: Welcome back to the game thisisme1138! Her character (Raine) has been treated as an NPC with us while you were on sabbatical, though she was little mentioned and even less used.




    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Temple of Light, Saridona Prime


    "There is more here than is apparent." Well no osik, Taab thought as the Mimic (Knight Vansyph) began to understand the situation. That's the shabla reason I came to you in the first place, his thoughts started to bubble to the surface and he sighed audibly, in an effort to calm himself. He'd learned from experience here in the Temple over the past decade that the Jedi did things far differently than Mandalorians.

    "Bivi and I will dig deeper and see what turns up," The Mimic continued on causing Taab to cock his head to one side. Bivi? He asked himself. Who was... his mind raced for a moment before he realized the Lorrdian meant Jitters (Ugem'bivi), the twi'lek girl. Taab wasn't sure of her rank now, he was notoriously ill informed when it came to internal Jedi matters, but he'd heard rumors that she was more suited to the Services and Logistics division than the ranks of the Jedi. He only remembered that because he'd rejected the idea of her joining the Security services. From reports she had no aptitude as either a Jedi nor as a security officer, so it was with some surprise that she was being mentioned here. Still it wasn't Taab's place to object, after all he was the one looking for help, so he replied with a very simple "As you wish." And with that he turned on his heels and stalked off. If they discovered anything, the Jedi would know where to find him.

    TAG: @The Vanguard

    OOC: feel free to take some time to make the connections as we've discussed.
     
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

    Registered:
    Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora Cinali, Blue Haven, Unknown Regions

    There was a heavy pause after Vanora's question of Sanchari.
    "Well?" added Knight Gim impatiently, "We're waiting..."
    The Ugnaught then turned to Apprentice Cinali and padawan Raine. "Stay with her."


    Vanora grimaced and said to Sanchari: "Knight Gim I suppose is not known for his patient tactfulness. Anything you can tell us will hopefully help keep there from being more horrible scenes like we've seen recently, but don't feel like you have to tell us right this moment. At least we've gotten a moment of calm."



    @Bardan_Jusik @ThisIsMe1138 & @TheRynJedi
     
    Sarge, ThisIsMe1138 and TheRynJedi like this.
  18. TheRynJedi

    TheRynJedi Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jun 20, 2018
    (OOC: Sorry, keep meaning to get to this, keep getting distracted, should have something by EOD)
     
  19. ThisIsMe1138

    ThisIsMe1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Jun 26, 2018
    IC: Viva Raine, Blue Haven, Unknown Regions

    Watching as Vanora attempted to comfort their obviously shaken friend, Viva stood to the side, feeling somewhat out of place. She would hardly call herself experienced in the field of Force visions, but the Jedi library was a haven of knowledge for a bored mind, and she'd learned a little bit. In this case, all she could offer was her friendship and support.

    A bit warily, she placed one hand on Sanchari's shoulder. "No pressure to talk about it, but if you want to..." She gestured between herself and Vanora, with a light-hearted shrug that she hoped would brighten the mood a little. "We're right here for whatever you need."

    OOC: I should probably go back and catch up on the whole story shouldn't I :p
     
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  20. TheRynJedi

    TheRynJedi Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jun 20, 2018
    IC: Sanchari
    Rocky cove on Blue Haven, desert planet

    Sanchari held the lightsaber hilt in her hands, feeling the crystal inside humming to her in the Force. It was an odd sort of connection she felt with it, it was much happier now that it wasn't angry red any more. She needed to give it a better home than this ugly evil-looking hilt that was too big for her hands to hold comfortably.

    Some part of Sanchari's awareness vaguely noticed people gathering around her, had they asked her something? Had she said something? There was something important she needed to tell the Jedi "grownups" about... Something she'd seen in the vision...

    A hand touched Sanchari's shoulder, she heard Viva's voice: "No pressure to talk about it, but if you want to..." "We're right here for whatever you need."

    Sanchari looked up at her friends in alarm, she stood up suddenly.

    "We have to stop the Dark Ones," she announced agitatedly. "They be trying to open the door that shouldn't be opened. Not by them at least."

    Sanchari's voice dropped to a murmur. "Maybe best not by anyone. No one should be going to that place, it be powerful and dangerous... Though the voices did say I not be supposed to be there 'yet'. But the Dark Ones should NOT be going there."

    A soothing hand on her shoulder again and her friends' concerned faces made her realise she was probably sounding crazy, maybe she was crazy.

    She took a deep breath and forced herself to calm down and sort out what she needed to say about the vision right now, all of the rest of the images that were crowding her mind could wait.

    "The Dark Ones, the Chiss Sith we be running into. They be looking for powerful items, there be a set of them, one be the 'hand' we heard the Dark One in the recording from the ship talk about. If they gather all the items, they be keys to opening a door that they should not be opening. If they do, I... not be knowing what exactly they be able to do. But the place I saw near the door be... It be feeling like... Like it be..." Sanchari struggled to put her impressions into words. "Like it be the place that the Force writes Fates into the Stars."

    Sanchari stopped, there was something, an impression, coming from the crystal, from the Force, a building urgency.

    "There be Dark Ones coming, they be looking for the one that built this weapon, he was searching for one of the keys for them. I not be knowing if he found it, but the Dark Ones must NOT have it."


    Tag:
    @Bardan_Jusik @Sarge @Skywalker_T-65 @Coffee_Ninja @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @ThisIsMe1138
     
  21. Sarge

    Sarge Chosen One star 7

    Registered:
    Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine Bonaventure
    Blue Haven

    Sanchari's friends gathered around her, radiating warmth. I pulled back a couple of steps, letting their friendship bring Light to the brave young Initiate. Sometimes you can help people most by staying out of the way and keeping a watchful eye open from the right distance.

    My patience was rewarded with a rush of words: Dark Ones, doors not to be opened, keys, a hand... Cryptic, but it might help us recognize something yet to be seen. The Light had guarded and guided Sanchari after all. I smiled and left her safely in the circle of her friends.

    The refugees were packing up camp, getting ready to go. We'd be wise to do the same. I activated my commlink.

    "Pegasus, Bonaventure here. The covert part of this excursion is over. There's been another attack on refugees, and we could use some assistance here. Alert the medical staff for some battle wounds, general sickness, and moderate malnutrition. There's plenty of room to land near my location. Over."

    Hope they're close enough to pick that up...

    TAG: @TheRynJedi @Skywalker_T-65 @Coffee_Ninja @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @ThisIsMe1138
     
  22. Mitth_Fisto

    Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jo Sodi
    Springing a trap, chase scene to Noris warehouse


    Jo had followed the others. Going into a dead end alley to make their grand stand against whomever was following with bad intent. His yellow glowing eyes had flared when he had seen that their pursuer was a Chiss. It made so much sense! No wonder they had trouble finding him in the crowd, chiss minds had always been so slippery with their lock stepped thought patterns, hard to pin down as much as his Master's skitter beetles could be.

    What happened next was probably his fault as much as everyone else's. He had dropped his meager wanderer smuggler facade along with Knight Troi and they had stood ready and somewhat eager for battle. Seeing them the evil worm had turned and fled, the surprise truly was that he had fled up! Trying to focus and yank him down had seen Jo feeling like he was trying to grasp a mud eel with his bare hands as the little fellow disappeared over the roofs edge.

    Heeding the bellow he stayed on Knight Troi's heels as they charged after the man, it actually was very reminiscent of training with his own Master who was much more physical in the Force than he was. He actually found himself falling on old techniques to use the Force instead of his muscles for brief stents to give his body time to deal with the chemical detriment of running so long. Unlike Master Trevalus he had never mastered his own body well enough to keep it cleansed while in battle or on the run to battle as he was now. Constantly with his guard up and focus honed for any potential backlash as the sith eel was either herded by them or leading them to a final confrontation.

    When they finally reached the warehouse and the little thing dropped through a skylight he just stopped and gave a surprised look to the other man. "Peel the roof or side entrances?" he simply asked. To his own mind a chase down that hole was folly. Better to give some semblance of control in your entrance than to blindly follow a cornered sith where he seems to wanted to go.

    TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @SkywalkerShine @galactic-vagabond422 @ConservativeJedi321@Kyber Acyk, @Bardan_Jusik
     
    Bardan_Jusik and Sarge like this.
  23. ConservativeJedi321

    ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 5

    Registered:
    Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Noris warehouse



    The Ongree was not the most agile being present, at least not on dry land. Which was why he was near the back of the group when they arrived on scene. He took a moment to catch his breath as his gaze glided around the room looking for their vanished foe.
    "You have no where else to run!" Troi shouted, pointing it towards the skylight. Now the Jedi saw their enemy, dark in the force and brimming with an arrogance that made Semajj sick. "It is you who has no where to run now Jedi..."
    "Peel the roof or side entrances?" Jo Sodi asked.

    "Patience." Semajj stated, glancing at Troi. This could very well be a trap, he very much doubted the dark being was lacking a plan. "We should probably cover both. This Chiss is surely expecting us, but he can't guard every direction. Be careful, and trust in the force."

    Tags: @Bardan_Jusik, @galactic-vagabond422, @TheSilentInfluence, @SkywalkerShine,@Kyber Acyk, @Mitth_Fisto
     
    Bardan_Jusik and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  24. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Grand Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    IC Rak Avarray
    Nearing the Noris city limits.

    He turned with a smile to the dark presence that had followed them into an alley. Rak was content to see what he would do, but very quickly he saw through their ruse. He knew he was outnumbered, out gunned, out classed. The knight was just about to accept his surrender when the other man deceded to leap into the air scampering up the fire escape and to the rooftops. Everyone followed after the 'Captain remained where he was.

    "Always on the move." He commented turning back out into the crowded streets. Following the feeling of fear, and the calm presence of his former padawan he let it guide him through the streets. Of course he was slower, and would arrive later than the others, but he might be able to provide a kind of surprise for their quarry. He politely made his way through the crowd begging pardon of the beings he made his way past. Always keeping the feeling of fear before him as he flowed through the crowd.

    Eventually he felt it stop, and heard the shattering of glass. Activating his com, he reached the others. "I gather our friend took an express lift? ...Well I'm on the ground looking for other ways in, any help would be very much appreciated." As he spoke he moved around the corner hands behind his back ready to draw his blades should it become necessary. He also didn't let his demeanor as a smuggler captain drop just yet...it could still be of use.

    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @ConservativeJedi321 @TheSilentInfluence @SkywalkerShine @Kyber Acyk @Mitth_Fisto
     
  25. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Knight Troi (GM restricted use NPC)
    Springing their own trap, Noris alleyway


    "Peel the roof or side entrances?" Knight Sodi offered alternatives to Knight Troi's first inclination which was to just jump down after the darksider. That move however was likely to get the legs, or head, chopped off of the first Jedi to follow after the Chiss. Far better then to consider their alternatives. Knight Nosrep though felt they should be even more cautious.

    "Patience." the Ongree stated, glancing at Troi. He probably felt the aggressiveness of the Mandalorian Knight. "We should probably cover both. This Chiss is surely expecting us, but he can't guard every direction. Be careful, and trust in the force." The words helped to calm Troi slightly, allowing him to further control the bloodlust he was beginning to feel. Yes, that certainly was the Mandalorian side of him showing. Glancing about the rooftop he realized that Knight Avarray was not with them. The chirping of his com device let the Jedi know he wasn't missing, he just had a different strategy in mind.

    "I gather our friend took an express lift? ...Well I'm on the ground looking for other ways in, any help would be very much appreciated." Troi glanced around the roof, looking for tell tale signs of a door or other opening to the building he stood upon. It was clear that there were a set of cargo doors on the far side of the building, facing out towards the fields beyond the city, but there must be something closer for the Jedi Knight to use to gain access to the warehouse itself.

    There, off to Troi's right he saw the top of an exit sign, it must be above a doorway on the left side of the building, rather near another alley. He directed Avarray towards it via comm channel, though he wasn't sure what good it would do for just a single Knight to go in from the ground after the Chiss. It was then though that he and the others on the roof heard the door beginning to open, from the inside...




    IC: ???
    Running from the Jedi, warehouse, Noris


    The Chiss had indeed expected the Jedi to drop in rashly behind him, and he was prepared for the eventuality with his raised lightsaber. He was confused therefor when the Jedi didn't come immediately after him but instead seemed to take their time, evaluating their options rather than charging headlong after him. Pity he thought to himself, before realizing just how lucky he had actually been. Had they charged straight after him he surely would have cut down one, or maybe two of the Jedi, but he would have eventually succumbed to their superior numbers. Their hesitation now might very well be his path to survival, if not their eventual undoing.

    Deactivating his lightsaber the Chiss made his way through the darkened warehouse, aware of the force presence of some lightsiders who had somehow found their way inside. They would have to be eliminated then, so as not to reveal the secret they had undoubtedly learned of this place, though even if they did it would be far too late to derail Lord Thorn's plans. Still, the Chiss darksider couldn't risk a confrontation with them, knowing it would bring the remainder of the Jedi inside, where they would over whelm him. Instead, going by memory, he reached a doorway that would lead outside. Let the Jedi fumble about inside and out on the roof while he calmly walked away the Chiss thought as he opened the door slowly...

    TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @SkywalkerShine @ConservativeJedi321 @Kyber Acyk @Mitth_Fisto

    OOC: Skywalkershine has notified me that she will be taking a step back from the RPG due to RL so this will be my last TAG to her for awhile. We'll treat her character therefore as a protected NPC (that is no real harm should come to the character) for now until we get back to the Temple at which point we'll let the character fade into the background until Skywalkershine is able to return.




    IC: Padawan Min'ord'krizoo "Nord"
    Warehouse on the outskirts of Noris city, Noris


    Realizing that somehow the wardroids were not a threat at the moment Nord ushered his fellow padawans forward through the maze like passages created by the myriad of stacked crates and containers arrayed about the darkened interior of the warehouse. They could feel the presence of their fellow Jedi all around them, and the presence of a singular dark sider as well, but it wasn't enough to pinpoint a location. So through the maze the trio went, until at long last they found a doorway. Nord looked to his fellow padwans and then back to the door. It had a large sign above it marked exit and so with a shrug he began to push the doorway open....

    TAG: @Kev-Mas_Colcha @Khalia Octa

    OOC: Khalia has likewise notified me that she will be taking a step back from the RPG due to RL so this will be my last TAG to her for awhile. We'll treat her character therefore as a protected NPC (that is no real harm should come to the character) for now until we get back to the Temple at which point we'll let the character fade into the background until Khalia is able to return.




    OOC: I went to the tried and true method of a random number generator/die roll here to determine the following. Of course since it was a binary decision I just actually flipped a coin. :p

    Street level, exterior of the warehouse

    As the doorway swung open near Knight Avarray, who could sense both several and a singular dark side presence within the warehouse, was surprised (or maybe not so surprised) to see...

    the Chiss darksider emerge, his lightsaber at his side. The Chiss was surprised by the Knight's presence, and his wide eyed look at him betrayed his shock, but he still had the presence of mind to ready his lightsaber and ignite it's red blade. The pair were once again caught in a blind alley, away from the prying eyes of the public, and the only way out for the Chiss was through the Jedi Knight.

    OOC: From this point forward, deal with the Chiss darksider as you see fit. He is alone and cannot/will not call upon the droids inside the warehouse for help.

    TAG: @galactic-vagabond422




    IC: Knight Gim (NPC)/padwan Elle (NPC)
    Blue Haven, Unknown Regions


    "Pegasus, Bonaventure here. The covert part of this excursion is over. There's been another attack on refugees, and we could use some assistance here. Alert the medical staff for some battle wounds, general sickness, and moderate malnutrition. There's plenty of room to land near my location. Over." The Pegasus was indeed within comms range, and had reported back to Knight Bonaventure that they were on their way back to Blue Haven. They had arrived at the source of the distress call too late, the small Chiss freighter that had sent the message was already destroyed, ravaged as the previous vessel had been and left with no survivors.

    "Same droids as before, though this ship put up more of a fight, and was completely destroyed. All we found was a debris field." Captain Ro had reported back to the Jedi. The only reason they had known it was the same attackers was the few war droid parts they had found in the scattered wreckage. It would be several hours before the Pegasus could pick them up on Blue Haven, so in the mean time the Jedi helped care for the sick and wounded in the refugee camp, even as the Chiss there made preparations to leave.

    Their ship was a Chiss freighter, Knight Gim wasn't sure of the type, which had been sand covered after weeks of lying sedentary in one place. The remaning Chiss though made short work of uncovering the old ship and getting her ready for flight. The refugees themselves seemed thankful for the Jedi's presence, for the aid they gave now as well as for the help in repelling the droid attack, but they also remained reserved in the Jedi's presence; aloof and generally unresponsive to questioning unless it had to do with the immediate task of preparing for their departure. One thing they all shared was a resolute determination to make their way to the Noris refugee camp where their safety would be all but assured.

    Word had spread among the Jedi as they worked that Sanchari indeed had borne witness to a powerful vision. Signs and portents, Hands and doorways. It was the sort of stuff that even a Jedi could write off as insane, or perhaps just misinterpreted prophecy as was so often the case, save for that it reminded him of what had been said back on Eventide. There too there had been talks of keys and gateways. agh, curse his terrible memory, he couldn't quite recall the exact words, but this seemed similar to that, felt familiar. That was too much to be coincidence.

    A sharp crack in the sky caused a moment of panic among the normally stoic refugees but it abated as the Jedi explained that it was just their own ship arriving to pick them up. The Chiss again thanked them, and then bade them safe journey on their own travels, making it clear they wanted to make their way to Noris on their own. Meanwhile Captain Ro herself disembarked the Pegasus and after surveying the scene herself availed herself of the Jedi as a group. "So, back the the Temple then?"

    TAG: @Skywalker_T-65 @Coffee_Ninja @Sarge @TheRynJedi @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @ThisIsMe1138

    OOC: Feel free to embellish your posts with exploits of helping wounded and or sick and malnourished refugees. We'll be departing in the Pegasus in my next update and be on our way...to where ever our next destination is.




    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Temple of Light, Saridona Prime


    Taab was in a foul mood as he stalked the corridors of the Temple of Light, and woe be to the beings that got in his way. He'd already dressed down a padawan he'd found goofing off, and threatened to ensure he was made to clean the freshers with his own toothbrush if he didn't straighten himself out. Normally he would have just let things go with a padawan, he tended to let the Jedi police themselves unless the younglings were doing something detrimental to temple security, but as noted, he was in a really bad mood.

    It had been hours since he had asked the Jedi for help in deciphering the data he had gleaned from Chiss space, hours that had gone by now with no reply after taking on the assignment. He knew he had asked for the help, and that he should allow time for anything to develop from it, but he was irate and impatient and...was that one of his security staff with her hands in her shabla pockets?

    "Alor'uus!" he yelled out, in mando'a addressing the woman by her rank, Corporal. "Do you have any idea how unprofessional you look right now!" The statement really wasn't a question, and if Taab hadn't been wearing his buy'ce (helmet) the look in his eyes would have been enough to bore little holes in her head. He got even more in her face, his T-Visor touching the tip of her nose. "Clean yourself up and act like a shabla professional or I'll kick my boots so far up your shebs you'll be tasting beskar..." He glared at her, aware of the fearful look on her face. "Now get out of my sight verd'ika, (private)" he demoted her on the spot. "And the next time I do see you, look like you belong here." He stalked away leaving the female soldier behind. It didn't make him feel any better about himself, nor was it his proudest moment. He was still just in a bad mood. A. Really. Bad. Mood. And had allowed his anger to be taken out on the underling.

    Sighing deeply to himself now he opened a comm channel to the Mimic (Knight Vansyph) and gruffly asked. "You find anything yet?"

    TAG: @The Vanguard

    OOC: Yes that was a petty, jack***, bullying move on Taab's part. Not his finest moment. :p