main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Legacy of the Guardians (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    OOC: sorry everyone, the past few week have been really taking a toll on my writing. I’d been looking forward to some scheduled days off two weeks ago, I was totally going to get some stuff written, stories, this rpg, etc. But then the store I manage got closed up 2 days before the vacation would have started, and now I’m furloughed until the store is able to open again (Scouting uniforms and merit badges are definitely not essentials, especially since all Scout meetings have been canceled), and I’ve got 3 insanely bored kids and a husband with mental health issues, and my brain just will not engage when I try to write. It’s driving me insane. I’m here, I’m reading, I’m just having trouble wording most of the time.

IC: Padawan Sanchari
    Lothal

The past few weeks had been a blur to Sanchari, from her initiate trial, to being assigned to a Master, and to Knight Bonaventure, at that. He had told her to call him “Sarge”, but when she had called him “Master Sarge”, he had made a face and felt... odd. She had decided to stick to just “Master”, though that still caused her a few emotional twitches here and there. It helped that her entire life was so different now, old negative emotional associations were starting to be overwritten with positive ones.

This new planet, Lothal, it was very... interesting. They had landed in a patch of civilization, but out beyond it Sanchari could feel the life of the planet. It sang with a harmony that resonated in a peculiar way. Not that Sanchari had much experience with this new sense of life through the Force. Still the planet was very intriguing.

“There used to be a Jedi Temple on this planet long ago, BeeZee.” Sanchari remarked to her green and silver BB droid as she did a final check of his emergency supply stores before leaving the ship. “I wonder if it be here still, and if it will have any answers for us.”

Tag: @Sarge, or anyone.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: No need to apologize Ryn. Everything is all sorts of ate up for many of us right now, myself included. We'll keep your character moving along with us, and you can just post as you're able and up to it.

GM Update

IC: Master Noma Runa (NPC)
    Arriving on Lothal, landing pad 87.

Master Runa looked to Knight Sodi, a wry smile broadening his Mon Cal features at the Knight's question. "Indeed. Do we have alternate ways to contact and find him?" he gently inquired. "He should still have his comm link with him," Runa answered quickly. "Unless of course something untoward has once again befallen poor Al'kesh." He almost laughed at the thought, so simple and yet it would be the most effective. Pulling his own comm link from within his robes, the Jedi master tried to contact the the Jedi scout. His efforts however were met with nothing but static from the small device. That elicited a frown from the Jedi master who turned to Sodi. "Well, that answers that."

Master Grovaak then made his own logical suggestion, to head out to where the Devaronian's ship was berthed. It was in the same port complex, or at least it had been. That seemed to be a sensible place then to start. "Do we still have a hard copy of Al'kesh's message to the Temple?" Master Chetan inquired politely. "Play it again. Perhaps there's something subtle we missed."

Runa mulled that over for a moment before producing a small palm sized holo emitter from his robes. It was an action mirrored by Knight Nosrep, though what the Ongree produced was not so mundane. "In any case we should be ready for anything." The Ongree Jedi hooked his lightsbaer to his belt where it could be easily accessed if it came to a fight. "If Al'Kesh is not here there is probably a reason, hopefully benign. All the same, if something has happened there is surely a trail to follow somewhere." Runa nodded in appreciation at the sound advice, hopefully the padawans were all listening.

"Sage advice Knight Nosrep," he said now with a smile before activating the holo emitter. "Now let's see what we can decipher from the last message from Al'kesh." Hovering over his hand appeared a small scale holographic recreation of Knight Al'kesh, the image shimmered in a slightly off blue haze as the message began.

"Crazy man to the asylum," the hologram spoke in what was clearly a coded way of speaking with the Temple of Light. "I've touched down on Lothal and encountered a problem, my ship is damaged and an adversary calling themselves the Vipers have located my position." As a member of the Council Runa had of course already seen this message, and its receipt was the reason the Jedi relief force had been dispatched. "I'm requesting assistance as there is certainly something out of place here, something that may relate to the relics we seek." The form of Al'kesh than evaporated and Runa deactivated the emitter, once again securing it back within his robes. "I'm afraid that is all we have from our scout." He inclined his head to Master Chetan. "Of course one cannot feel anything from a recording, but when his report came to us live at the Temple we as a group could all feel his...trepidation." That trepidation had been enough to launch this expedition, and now with Al'kesh out of contact and apparently missing, it seemed well warranted. "Let's head to where his ship is berthed," he nodded to the wookiee master whose idea that had been. "It's only a few bays away."

The group of Jedi walked off, leaving the ship behind. Runa had seen no need to leave behind guards for the vessel, it certainly was equipped with all manner of self defense programming and equipment that was known only to padawan Volmiir. That thought raised within Runa another question though. Surely Al'kesh's own vessel would be similarly equipped, so if even if it was where the Devaronian Jedi had left it, there was no guarantee they could easily access the ship. They would have to cross that bridge when they came to it.

Their short journey didn't take long, the Devil's Due was berthed just seven landing pads away and was located right where it was supposed to be. There was damage evident to the A-24 Sleuth Scout and the stench fuel wrinkled Runa's nose. There was evidently a fairly bad fuel leak, there was no way the vessel could fly in it's current condition. Looking at the damage more closely (from afar so as to not activate the vessel's security systems) Runa could see it looked more like collision damage than battle damage. Dents and of course a missing access panel over the leaking fuel system that appeared to have been torn off.

That wasn't all he could see though, or rather not all he and the other Jedi could feel. There was a sense of a force user here, not an overpowering presence, but a trained presence nonetheless. "Be ready for anything," Runa warned thinking back on Knight Nosrep's earlier advice. The presence grew more distinct, and Runa felt that it was aware of them, and was coming closer. Suddenly the hatch to the Devil's Due snapped open, and there in the hatchway was none other than Knight Al'kesh. The Devaronian's own anxiousness could easily be felt turning to relief as he exclaimed loudly to them. "Well there you are what took you so long!"

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @TheRynJedi @Bodhran777 @Rebecca_Daniels

IC: Beskaryc Taab/Knight Troi (NPC)
    Concordian forest

Trudging through the forest the bedraggled band of Mandalorians, and their Chiss guest, followed the creek through the thick underbrush. They spoke little along the way, which suited Taab just fine. Normally a man of few words, he was further quieted by the burning he felt in his lungs as a result of his cracked ribs. Goram (Knight Cora) too was injured, which slowed down their progress somewhat, but at least allowed for a pace that gave them plenty of rest. Taab was content meanwhile to allow Knight Troi, who aside from some bumps and bruises appeared to be mostly none the worse for wear following their crash, to take point and lead them hopefully to some semblance of civilization.

"Hold!" the mandalorian Jedi would whisper harshly, only being able to be heard by whoever was right behind him, while holding his right hand in the air, fist clenched. That would be the signal to stop, take a moment to either rest for a moment or plan any changes to their route. It had been an hour since the crash, and already Troi had called for two such pauses in their journey. The first had been when the stream crossed a small clearing. With the tra'kad orbiting overhead they hadn't wanted to cross that and so had decided to stick to the woods and detoured around it before picking the stream back up on the other side. The second had been called to give them all a brief rest, though it had turned out to have had another fortunate side effect. A few moments after they had stopped they'ed heard another group farther down the stream making their own way through the forest. Hiding in the underbrush the Jedi had managed to evade detection by a three man fire team of mandalorians patrolling along the stream headed in the opposite direction form the Jedi. The jedi were of course in no condition for a fight, and so they remained hidden until the Mandalorians had moved on.

"Clan Vizsla," Taab hissed through clenched teeth as soon as the Guardians had come out of hiding. "I saw one of their aliit'aliik (clan sigil) on their armor." He tried to take in a deep breath though his lungs wouldn't allow it. "They must have been warned by the tra'kad." Troi announced. "Unless they just saw the crash and wondered what was going on." He frowned, they really had no idea what was going on here. With Mandalore in such upheaval there was no telling which clans were working with which and which houses were at each others throats. They had come here to find that out only to be shot down before ever beginning their investigation. "Either way, best to not let them find us." Troi nodded in agreement with Taab's assessment. "Let's press on." He sighed deeply. If they could get to either Knight Cora's family on mandalore they might be able to get some information.

Pushing off again into the woods it soon began to grow dark. "We should stop and make camp," Troi suggested, though Taab insisted they press on. They hadn't seen the tra'kad now for several hours, so the hope was that it had given up the search, but that still left any ground teams that they might run into. Staying still for long enough to make camp therefore didn't sit well with the elder Mandalorian. They pushed on, though after several more hours Taab was beginning to wish they hadn't. he was exhausted, mentally and physically wiped out. he needed to rest and he suspected the others did as well. if only they hadn;t pushed past the obvious campsite earlier. It was then that they came upon another clearing, though this one was occupied by a rather ungainly looking vessel that had landed in the midst of it.

[​IMG]

She was a large ship for a personal transport, some 60 to 70 meters by Taab's rough estimate. Her upturned wings in the landing configuration had an almost Mandalorian quality to them, reminding Taab of a Aka'jor or Kom'rk of days gone by. Of course the wings here were not symmetrical, and their shape along with the ship's bridge reminded Taab more of a Sienar product. Whatever the ship was it was not one he was familiar with, and there was little in the way of markings to identify it save for a name scrawled across her forward hull in mando'a, red against the black and dark gray of the hull. dha werda. The Shadow. Taab was ready to approach the vessel, cautiously, so as not to set of it's security net, but Troi stopped him. "There is someone on board."

Troi looked to Goram who no doubt felt the other being's presence. "Just one, a mandalorian." Troi sounded fairly certain of himself. Leave it to a Mandalorian jedi to be able to correctly identify another Mandalorian from a hundred meters away. "He a threat?" Taab asked before realizing that was a stupid question. The pain from my cracked ribs must be dulling my sense he thought as Troi smiled sardonically. "Well, he's a Mandalorian, but I sense no overt hostility right now."

Slowly, carefully and quietly, the band of Mandalorians moved in closer to the ship. Under it's starboard wing was a singlular figure sitting next to a small camp fire. As predicted, it was a Mandalorian, in drab greenish armor of the old style, late Republic. His armor looked like a bedraggled version of old holos Taab had seen of Boba Fett. Taab looked carefully for any sign of a clan affiliation, but saw none. "Ye might as well come out of hiding, I know you're out there." The mystery Mandalorian called out into the surrounding darkness in a thick brogue accent that Taab couldn't quite identify. "The sensors on the dha werda may be old, but I take good care of 'em." He raised an arm an bade them to come closer. He held no weapons in his hands, though there was a blaster rifle leaning against the ship's landing strut just a meter away.

Troi looked to the others and shrugged. Neither he nor Cora sensed any more hostility than they had before, indeed the unknwon Mandalorian seemed more curious and bemused than anything else. "Guess we take him up on his offer." He stated flatly, though in the back of Taab's mind was the idea to kill this Mandalorian and steal his ship if it came to that.

"I suppose you're the cause of all this commotion," he called out to them as they made their presence known. "It's because of you I'm grounded ain't it?" He laughed to himself. "At least if I want to avoid any entanglements with the Protectors." He shook his head as he removed his helmet, revealing a human with long shocks of curly red hair that now free of his buy'c e flowed down to nearly his shoulders. "They'll get bored by tomorrow, two days, maybe three at the latest, unless something more interesting turns up before then anyway." He grinned at them, "So why is it they're so desperate to find you?"

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora
    Concordian Forest

Cora was grateful they were not moving too fast, and she was able to stop and rest her leg a couple of times. She didn't like the feel of this forest and knew it was important to keep quiet and move quickly, even if it was painful. They had already had a couple of close calls, but they had managed to avoid any major trouble so far. Despite being shot out of the sky by the Mandalorian Protectors. She quietly wished she had a way to contact her parents, but knew for the moment that it was not possible.

When they were found out though, by the red haired man in a ship that seemed far too large to be a personal transport, Cora was surprised to feel nothing out of the ordinary about him. That is, the man felt a lot less hostile then the other Mandalorians that they had encountered. She was a little surprised that he was still grounded, but then again; she was still learning how things worked on Mandalore. Cora tried to smile at him, but winched instead from the pain in her leg and leaned against Claudius.

"They were a lot less hostile last time we were here." Cora remarked with a small shrug. "It keeps escalating, but we are sorry for the trouble Jatne vod." She paused and took a deep breath, and wondered if she should be telling him her name. "I'm Cora. I'm trying to hibirar pehea at cuyir Mando." Cora switched to Mando'a; which was better then last time, but still with an outsiders accent. It wasn't really a lie, because she was supposed to learn how to be Mandalorian, and being back on Mandalore was a good step. Or at least as close as she could be right now.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Knight Jo Sodi
    Lothal Spaceport

After watching the message and seeing the comm check fail he had to admit that it was all perfectly anticlimactic. Which was just as it should be for a group of their size responding to a distress call from one of their own. Then of course had come the mundane walking and looking at the others vessel, all staying well enough away to not trigger some nasty surprise the fellow Jedi might of left behind to cover his tracks - and with that collision damage and leaking fuel any surprise could rather easily end up being a rather explosive one.

Then the most simplistic thing had happened. The hatch on the ship opened and their missing and distressed member was standing there. Be ready for anything and no answer on comm calls normally didn't mean expect the hatch to open and find the wayward member perfectly fine. "Not to complain or anything, but gathering a rescue mission to find you complaining and fine without fixing the fuel leak on your ship? Really? You couldn't just answer your comms either?" Knight Sodi exclaimed in exasperation. Here he was ready to fight for freedom and a fellow Jedi's life only to find out something had been tried but the other was otherwise safe and sound inside a dangerously untended ship.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik , @Ananta Chetan , @ConservativeJedi321 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @TheRynJedi @Bodhran777 @Rebecca_Daniels

5. Bodhran777

Bodhran777 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2019
    IC: Jaal Volmiir, ID10, Master Grovaak
    Pop Goes the Ship Hatch…

Both Grovaak and Jaal watched closely as the recording was played back, listening and observing for anything abnormal or indicative of their situation. However, the short transmission only confirmed that Al’Kesh had been nervous and had not given specifics. Still, it was worth a shot, Jaal thought.

As the team left the landing bay, Jaal turned to the Aurora and pressed a couple buttons on his wrist-mounted communicator. With a short low horn chirp and hiss of hydraulics, the boarding ramp closed up, the blast canopy enclosed the cockpit, and the ventral cannon gave a slight twitch as it came online. It of course wouldn’t blindly open fire on anything and everything, but anyone attempting to tamper with the ship might well be in for a surprise. Jaal had also programmed it to alert him to any unknown approaches so he could manually ID them, rather than fully rely on the targeting computer.

Once at their fellow Jedi’s ship, Jaal took a wider approach angle, inspecting the side of the ship that was obviously damaged. This bird wasn’t flying anywhere in a hurry, that was for sure, but the nature of the damage didn’t explain what happened in an obvious way. Grovaak noticed as well, but wasn’t close enough to get a sense of events surrounding the ship. Getting close enough would put him in too close a proximity if the defenses were active.

Very soon, however, as they were left wondering, the hatch popped, and out came the Devaronian as if he’d been waiting for ages. Jaal rolled his eyes a bit, both out of a mild frustration and self-amusement. He could imagine the Jedi sitting in his seat watching them approach cautiously, knowing he was about to suddenly appear.

“Not to complain or anything, but gathering a rescue mission to find you complaining and fine without fixing the fuel leak on your ship? Really? You couldn’t just answer your comms either?” Knight Sodi’s outburst was certainly in-line with some of Jaal’s thoughts as he looked to his master for thoughts. Grovaak looked over at the Devaronian, then at Sodi, and at Jaal.

I suppose comms can be listened in on by others. Whoever these Vipers are, they seem to have you on edge. What’s the situation?

Grovaak didn’t mean to launch into questioning so quickly, but knowing there was an opposing force in the area that they had zero intel on didn’t sit too well with him. Seeing as Al’Kesh was a scout, he’d have the rundown on anything applicable, and they would need to all be brought up to speed to be useful. Otherwise, they’d all be jumping at shadows and wasting time and effort.

TAG:
    @Bardan_Jusik @Ananta Chetan @ConservativeJedi321 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @TheRynJedi @Rebecca_Daniels

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora Cinali
    Lothal

The message from Scout Al'kesh was intriguing to say the least, some mysterious group calling themselves the Vipers and tied so he theorized to the relics the Jedi were pursuing.

Then to find him safe and sound and his ship apparently damaged but not critically ...

Vanora didn't know what to make of it all. It was a relief that he was now accounted for, but still there were as many questions as before, if not more.

Tag for:
    @Bardan_Jusik
    @Sarge
    @ConservativeJedi321
    @Rebecca_Daniels
    @Mitth_Fisto
    @Bodhran777
    @Ananta Chetan

7. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Temple Grounds

The pairing up of masters and padawans.....something Kasumi never got to see again, until coming here. It was different being on the other side of things, and not being the one trying to impress. A small smile cross her lips and here ghostly colored eyes almost lit up after seeing all of that. Now the real challenge....missions and working together. The biggest challenge, Masters understanding each padawan and how they learn. And padawans understanding that their masters were just trying to teach them.....not restrict their learning, For now she was content to walk the grounds, take in some fresh air and see what needed to be done here.

OOC: Sorry all for the quiet spell. Been really busy with this COVID shtuff.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Lothal

The Ongree had thought on the message the Deveronian sent on the short journey to his ship. When the hatch opened, Al'Kesh stepped out and his nervousness was palpable. "Well there you are what took you so long!" Semajj shrugged at this curious impatience, "We assumed you would meet us when we arrived."
    Jo Sodi wasn't as subtle with his response "Not to complain or anything, but gathering a rescue mission to find you complaining and fine without fixing the fuel leak on your ship? Really? You couldn't just answer your comms either?"

Master Grovaak took a more measured approach "I suppose comms can be listened in on by others. Whoever these Vipers are, they seem to have you on edge. What’s the situation?"
    Semajj nodded in agreement. "I assume it must be serious, not just any adversary could elicit such concern from a Jedi Knight."

Tags: @Bardan_Jusik, @Ananta Chetan, @Mitth_Fisto, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Sarge, @TheRynJedi, @Bodhran777, @Rebecca_Daniels

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine Bonaventure
    Doing What He Does

When Al'Kesh appeared in his ship's hatch looking hale and hearty, I made eye contact with Sanchari and rolled my eyes. "I've known a few Devaronians. They all liked to be unpredictable. Don't be surprised when they surprise you."

The Masters started discussing things that were mostly above my pay grade. While they were thus occupied, I was more concerned about the fuel vapors from the damaged ship. I followed my nose to the fuel service access port; the panel that should have covered it had been ripped off. I tapped a fingernail on a metallic fuel line. It should have responded with a clear ting sound; instead it sounded muffled, dull. Peering closer, I found a crack in the line with fuel seeping out.

"See that, Sanchari? Cracked. The best way to repair that is to replace the line. But that would probably take a couple hours, and we'd need some metallic tubing which I don't know if we have. Another good option is to weld the crack shut. But to do that safely we'd have to remove the line and clean out every drop of fuel. If we try to weld it in place with fuel seeping out of it, well, maybe some Master Jedi mechanic could use the Force to keep it from exploding, but I wouldn't try it.

"Or, there's a third option. Are you ready to learn of a mystic cosmic power that can do almost anything? You must be responsible with this power, promise me you won't abuse it. It has a light side and a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together."

I pulled a roll of duct tape out of my utility belt and handed it to her.

"Wrap three layers of tape over the fuel line. Keep it smooth and taut so it won't leak, and make sure the edges of the tape extend at least three centimeters past the crack. Let me know when you're done, I'll be looking for more damage."

Giving her a wink and thumbs up, I turned back to the ship. We'd be lucky if we could get it running with nothing but duct tape.

TAG: @TheRynJedi @Ananta Chetan, @Mitth_Fisto, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Bodhran777, @Rebecca_Daniels, @ConservativeJedi321

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update

IC: Master Noma Runa/Knight Zhoul Al'Kesh (NPCs)
    Lothal, landing pad 94.

Master Runa could barely contain his smile as Knight Al'Kesh, apparently well and unharmed, rushed down the boarding ramp of his damaged vessel and wrapped his arms around the Jedi Master in a massive bear hug. The Devaronian's joy was short lived though as it took mere moments for Knight Sodi to chastise him.

"Not to complain or anything, but gathering a rescue mission to find you complaining and fine without fixing the fuel leak on your ship? Really? You couldn't just answer your comms either?" The Kage Jedi was clearly exasperated at the situation. Al'kesh recoiled away from Runa at that looking to the senior Jedi forlornly and then to Sodi and back to Runa with a look of embarrassed confusion on his face.

"I suppose comms can be listened in on by others. Whoever these Vipers are, they seem to have you on edge. What’s the situation?" Master Grovaak barked out, saving the Jedi scout from further embarrassment by giving him an obvious excuse. Knight Nosrep stepped in to help as well, nodding in agreement with the Wookiee master. "I assume it must be serious, not just any adversary could elicit such concern from a Jedi Knight."

Knight Al'kesh swallowed hard. "Well...it wasn't all that really." He shrugged his shoulders sheepishly as he removed his com link from his belt. "My link ran out of charge, and I ran down the Due's," he jerked a thumb back at his ship, "battery sending my alert to the Temple." He smiled nervously, it was clear to them all he was telling the truth, no matter how badly it embarrassed him. "I couldn't risk firing up the engines to recharge the Due's battery because of the fuel leak." He watched as Knight Bonaventure and padawan Sanchari began examining the leaking fuel system before he turned to Knight Sodi now, a bit more confident in himself.

"I talked to the port authority, they'll be sending a crew by later to fix the fuel system, it was their droid that damaged it in the first place." He went on to explain how a gonk droid tasked at refueling the Devil's Due had failed to disconnect itself (and the fuel hose) from the fueling port before trying to walk off. The forgetful droid had cracked the fuel line causing the massive leak. "So I'm not worried about that." He laughed nervously to himself. "It's what happened later that got me sca..." he cut himself off. "Concerned," he changed hos word choice at the last moment. He took in a deep breath before explaining things to the Jedi who had come to his aid.

"A mouse droid stopped by and delivered a voice message to me, saying the Vipers knew where I was, here in Bay 94," he gestured with outstretched arms at the bay around them. "I asked around a bit, to try to find out who these Vipers are, but no one would tell me." He shook his head. It wasn't like he had just been sitting here waiting for rescue, he had tried to find out more about the situation. "I'm not sure everyone I talked to was being totally truthful, some locals seemed to be holding back a little, but they clammed up when I tried to press." He looked to master's Runa and Grovaak imploringly. "Something is going on here, I can feel it, I just don't know what." Confusion clouded the man's eyes now as the more powerful Jedi could sense that he was worried he might have called them out here for nothing now. For a moment there was nothing but silence between them before Master Runa finally stepped forward and clasped an hand on the Davronian's shoulder.

"You did the right thing by calling us, given what we think might be here and what might be at stake..." he nodded his head in encouragement but was interrupted by the squeaking and squealing of a mouse droid zipping it's way around their feet. It stopped for just a moment as it played a heavily accented audio message.
    "The Vipers are eager to meet you. Frame 11 Baker, Box 825."

Knight Al'kesh nearly jumped a meter high into the air in fear as the voice began, but his fear soon turned to relief as he realized the other Jedi were seeing this too. Next he felt confusion. What did that mean? Before he, or anyone else, could ask, the mouse droid was off skittering away into the crowded street just outside the landing pad. He looked to Master Runa as a frown formed on the Mon Cal master's face. "You did the right thing indeed." He finally finished sardonically.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @TheRynJedi @Bodhran777 @Rebecca_Daniels

OOC: For any Jedi that wants to discern the meaning fo the message, read the following spoiler. If not, then don't. :p
    The Frame and Grid will correspond to a location on the planetary grid (kind of like latitude and longitude) within Lothal city. First come first served on whichever Jedi discovers this (or you can make it a joint effort as you like).

Concordian forest

"They were a lot less hostile last time we were here." Taab couldn't help the wry smile that formed on his face as Goran's (Knight Cora's) simple statement. Fortunately for him the smile was hidden behind his buy'ce (helmet) but he was sure the Jedi could feel his amusement. Lover Boy (Claudius) and the mystery man would just have to stay left out. "It keeps escalating, but we are sorry for the trouble Jatne vod." She paused and took a deep breath, "I'm Cora. I'm trying to hibirar pehea at cuyir Mando." Taab shook his head slightly at the accent, it was better, but not by much. Their mystery mando immediately pegged her as an outsider.

"aruetii eh?" He exclaimed softly, almost under his breath as he looked them over again. "No worries, I'm pretty much an outsider now too..." He trailed off as his gaze fell upon Taab. "But not you," he examined Taab more closely. "You've got better armor than me," he leaned in closer to the Mandalorian. "You here to give'em a little bajur?" Taab just glared at him through his T-Visor without answering. There was something about this shabuir that Taab didn't like. Troi could feel it too, though there was no outright hostility emanating from the man, so he intervened. "Taab here is our...teacher." Taab's head snapped back at that as if he'd been shot in the head. Not the best reaction, and one the mystery mando probably saw right through. "I'm Troi, of Concord Dawn and our blue friend here is Claudius..." he trailed off now clearly expecting the mystery mando to introduce himself as well. The red haired man thought it over, biting his lower lip as he did so.

"Tor'ke," he said finally. It didn't go unnoticed by either Taab nor Troi that he gave no clan name. Nor did he ask further about their own clan affiliations. "Well since you're new here," he glanced at Taab again, looking like he wanted to say something directly to him but refrained. "I'll let you in on a little secret." he turned back to the others. "manda'yaim is shabbed." He laughed gruffly to himself, "Well and truly shabbed." He removed a flask from his boot and took a swig after unscrewing the cap.

"Mandalore Karr is dead," he saw no surprise from them and continued on. "But ye knew that already didn't ye?." He took another swig. "Rumor is he not just dead, but twas murdered..." he shrugged, making it clear he didn't put much stock in rumor. "In any case, the clans are aligning for a fight, House Vizsla on one side, and on t'other House Kryze." He spat out the latter almost as an epithet Taab drew in a deep breath, the more things changed the more they stayed the same. "The Protectors, they're keeping all aruetiise out, they want to keep this a Mandalorian affair." Troi nodded at that. "That explains why we were shot down, we were flying a..." he paused clearly hiding something. "An aruetii craft." Tor'ke nodded, seeming to ignore the fact that Troi was being less than entirely truthful. "Aye, that makes sense allright." he slurred the two words into one.

"And what side are you on?" Taab asked suspiciously. They were on the stronghold world of clan Vizsla, and that clan seemed to be hunting for them even now, yet here this man sat unmolested. "None, I'm a just a simple bounty hunter." His eyes gleamed. "In it fer me self and mine alone." The Jedi got the sense that he wasn't telling the whole truth there either. "I came here in look of work, thought maybe with the Vizsla's busy with bigger things, they would outsource some of their smaller off world jobs to me..." He trailed off as he spat into the fire. "Didn't work though, they kicked me out of their camp before I could even make my way in." Taab eyed him more closely. It was no wonder that the Vizsla's wouldn't hire the man, especially if he truly had no clan affiliations of any kind. With no ties to Mandalore he was nearly dar'manda, and Taab wouldn't doubt if the fanatical clan Vizsla saw him in that very light.

Tor'ke's buy'ce, sitting on the ground at his feet, chirped once than twice followed by a longer whirring sound. "They've called off their search," Tor'ke translated the report from his ship's on board computers as relayed through his helmet. "You're welcome to spend the night here with me, i could sue the company." He paused for a moment as if thinking about something. "I'll be off in the morning though." He seemed to notice for the first time that some of them were injured. "I have bacta and an old medical droid aboard ship." He shrugged as if it didn't mean much either way if they accepted or not. Taab looked to the others and got a slight nod from Knight Troi indicating Tor'ke was being above board here. Taab returned the nod and followed Tor'ke who led them all aboard his ship...

"Don't mind the smell." The bounty hunter said to them even as his own nose wrinkled a bit at the top of the boarding ramp. "She's a workhorse of a vessel, not a luxury craft." Taab glanced around the ship's corridor, it had clearly seen better days and though it didn't seem to be in disrepair, it was certainly worn. "I'm not familiar with the type..." he said as Tor'ke led them further into the craft. It was big, especially for a lone bounty hunter. "Me either, not really, old imperial design with a small production run. I picked this up over a decade ago from the Guild, she was already outfitted for the job." He shrugged as he pointed down the starboard hold. On the far end Taab could just make out a small carbon freezing chamber. Looking up he saw that along the starboard hold's upper bulkhead were a series of storage racks, racks meant to hold slabs of carbonite. They clearly hadn't been used in some time. Looked like Tor'ke wasn't all that successful a bounty hunter.

"Bridge is up there," Tor'ke pointed to the central area of the ship. "Port side has my living area and training room." He led them towards that side of the ship. "Medical alcove is there." He pointed and sure enough there was a Fixit droid standing in a small alcove, waiting silently. Tor'ke went to activate the unit while Taab moved further into the ship. Across from the medical alcove was a small lounge area, complete with a dejarik table. Further back was a small training area, Taab could see a series of lockers for remotes, while at the far end of the hold nearest the bow of the ship, was a hatch that could only lead to the private living quarters. That meant that...

The FX-7 droid came to life, saying in a bored masculine voice. "Please state the nature of the medical emergency." Tor'ke smiled. "That's Felix, and he has a terrible bedside manner." Taab responded by gesturing to Goran. "Ladies first," he said through deep breaths. It still hurt to breath, but he wanted her to go first so as to distract their host. Taab still had one more thing to find aboard this ship before he would trust that what they'ed found was legitimate. As the droid worked on Cora under Tork'e and Troi's supervision Taab found what he was looking for, the ship's armory. It was on the far side of the training area, near the living quarters. Sparing a quick glance to Tor'ke to make sure he wasn't watching, Taab pressed a button that opened the armory vault doors. What Taab found there was less than inspiring.

The weapon's racks were nearly empty. Just a few old WESTAR blaster rifles to go along with a set of WESTAR 35 pistols and a single customized WESTAR-34. Taab's eyes were drawn to the last weapon in the rack, an Amban sniper rifle, though there appeared to be no cartridges for it. Just as with the carbon freezing chamber and storage racks, it looked that none of these weapons had seen much use of late either. If Tor'ke really was a bounty hunter, he wasn't a very good one. Taab closed the armory and waited for his turn with the medical droid. With any luck, they would be out of here soon.

OOC: Go ahead and heal your character up Silent. :p Figure it's a good time to get Claudius to help her with that as well. I'll get Taab healing and us moving again in my next update.

IC: Padawan Floki Firebeard (NPC for now, on loan from Ananta)
    Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Sweat dripping from his brow Floki Firebeard exited the now glistening men's fresher on the padawan level a triumphant grin on his face. He had been ordered to clean the freshers there until they sparkled, a punishment for his stowing away to Chiss space. He had been forced to use his own toothbrush, an effort to be sure to embarrass him further. The joke was on his master though. Floki never used his toothbrush, at least not for cleaning his own teeth. He had a chewing stick for that. So now, even with a thoroughly ruined toothbrush, Floki would still have relatively clean teeth, clean enough for his own purposes anyway.

Of course the real punishment was that while he had been busy cleaning, his master and a group of Jedi had gone off world. Floki hadn't been told where they were headed, probably because he wasn't trusted enough to know. He might go off after them. He gritted his mostly, somewhat, not really clean teeth in frustration. His place was out there, fighting for justice, and spoils, not sitting here cleaning like some old maid.

He began to practice his lighsaber (well light axe) technique in the empty corridor, the dirtied toothbrush taking the place of his lightaxe. "ugh, agh, aaaaagh!" He grunted as he went through the moves before hurling the lightaxe toothbrush towards the far end of the corridor. He expected it to hit the wall there with a satisfying thwack and so was stunned instead when the sound he heard was a more subdued splat. Floki was then mortified to see the toothbrush had struck the form of master Kasumi who had just rounded the corner and had been coming towards him. The disgusting tooth turned latrine cleaner now clattered to the floor, but not without leaving a big wet spot right in the midst of Master Kasumi's robes. There was no where to hide, and it was no use running away, so instead Floki ran towards the Jedi master.

"My apologies Master, it uhhh slipped."

TAG: @Coffee_Ninja

11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora
    Concordian forest

Cora listened attentively. So he doesn't have a clan? She tried to gauge a reaction from Taab, and felt his suspicion through the force. As he invited them on the ship, and offered help, she started to wonder what his true intentions were. Mandalore was a tricky place, and how did they know if he was some kind of plant from Death Watch. She knew her families Clan, Itera where supporters of House Kryze. But if she didn't let that information slip, there would be no danger. That and the fact that she was a Jedi.

When Tor'ke led them to the medical bay aboard the ship, Cora was grateful; and Claudius helped her sit down. She winched and cried out, nodding her thanks as the medical droid asked what was wrong. "My leg...I think it's broken." Cora said, trying to keep her voice steady. Claudius moved to stand beside her and held on to her hand.

"It's going to be okay." Claudius hoped he sounded reassuring. "Ch'ah'll vacosehn bavrcso sah csah bah vah" Claudius told her, and quickly translated, because she wouldn't know what he was saying, "I'll be right here with you." He smiled at her and Cora smiled back, eyes full of warmth as the droid went to work on her leg.

"I wish I could contact my parents, but that's too dangerous right now." Cora told him quietly. I haven't even had the chance to tell them about Claudius. About how serious we are. She sighed and leaned back on the bed, shut her eyes. She knew Claudius would keep a watchful eye on her, that was one of the reasons why she loved him so much.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jo Sodi
    Lothal, landing pad 94.

"You did the right thing by calling us, given what we think might be here and what might be at stake..." Master Runa nodded his head in encouragement but was interrupted by the squeaking and squealing of a mouse droid zipping it's way around their feet. It stopped for just a moment as it played a heavily accented audio message.
    "The Vipers are eager to meet you. Frame 11 Baker, Box 825."

Knight Al'kesh nearly jumped a meter high into the air in fear as the voice began, but his fear soon turned to relief as he realized the other Jedi were seeing this too. Next he felt confusion. What did that mean? Before he, or anyone else, could ask, the mouse droid was off skittering away into the crowded street just outside the landing pad. He looked to Master Runa as a frown formed on the Mon Cal master's face. "You did the right thing indeed." He finally finished sardonically.

"Well, perhaps a local can translate for us? Surely this place has a library droid that can make heads or tails of gibberish directions." Sodi strugged. He really didn't have that much to added besides restraining himself from sighing or shaking his head at the other Jedi that had called them out here. Might of ended up being for a good reason in the end, but that guy needed a meditation retreat - bad.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan , @Bardan_Jusik , @ConservativeJedi321 , @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha , @Sarge , @TheRynJedi , @Bodhran777 , @Rebecca_Daniels

13. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Lothal

"If they are eager to meet you then 'Frame 11 Baker, Box 825' is likely coordinates of some kind. It shouldn't be hard to decipher if we can get some information on the planet." He concurred with Jo Sodi's idea of asking the locals, though that could backfire as well as if Al'Kesh was to be believed the locals hadn't been particularly helpful when he had inquired about who the Vipers were previously. Semajj had little doubt if his old Master Rael Aveross were here he might be able to get something out of the locals, the plain-speaking human had a way of communicating with the citizens of the galaxy that Semajj had never fully been able to match. "Perhaps we should split up to cover a multiple avenue's at once? It seems likely the people may be more willing to speak to us if we don't overwhelm them."
    With their numbers they could cover more ground and hopefully avoid drawing suspicious stares. One of them was bound to get results after all.

Tags: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Bardan_Jusik, @Ananta Chetan, @Sarge, @TheRynJedi, @Bodhran777, @Rebecca_Daniels

14. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan
    Lothal Market

Putting on the wide brimmed hat and brown checkered poncho, I rolled my Jedi robes and tunic into a ball and asked the backwater Lothal street vendor to hold on to them for me for now, before dropping a generous number of credits on his shabby makeshift counter.

The creature snarled and scooped up the coin. I then noticed as he turned a holstered and low-hanging rustic blaster banging against his hip.

How much for that old piece?

The creature eyed my still visible lightsaber and squinted back at me.

Will this cover it?

I emptied out what was left in my pockets and before I knew it had a less conspicuous weapon attached to my waist.

Much obliged. I nodded tipping the brim of my new hat, then waved my hand in front of his face to suppress any memory he might retain of my Jedi identity.

Throwing the poncho back over one shoulder, I lit a small cylinder of rolled medicinal leaves and blew the blue smoke into the sky.

[​IMG]

Tags: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Bardan_Jusik, @ConservativeJedi321 , @Sarge, @TheRynJedi, @Bodhran777, @Rebecca_Daniels

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora and Claudius
    Concordian forest

"I will have to take some blood work as well." The Medical Droid spoke up. "And a scan. You could have further internal injuries." The droid told them and Cora leaned back as she was given a shot of bacta, the droid turning away as her leg was bandaged. It wasn't broken, but badly sprained and it would take some time to heal. She waited as the droid ran a scan over her, and took a small vial of blood, analysing it immediately.

"I'm glad it isn't broken." Claudius said, and he kissed Cora on the forehead.

"Yes, well-" Cora blushed, and looked at a loss for words.

"You should have told me you were pregnant." The droid spoke up suddenly. "I'll have to make sure you're baby is in stable condition."

"What?" Cora swallowed hard. "What baby?"

"You're baby." The droid looked at them, and although he remained expressionless he sounded confused. "Chiss-Human hybrids are a little harder to detect, but it's there. You're a few weeks along-" He ran another scan, "-but your baby appears to be strong. Don't do anything stressful. And you will have to make several appointments. But you are healthy."

"Oh." Claudius said quietly. And then he sat down on the floor. "Well, that's...good." He looked at Cora, and noticed she was pale, a little shaky.

"Do you need a moment?" The Medical Droid asked, looking between them.

"Uh...yeah. I'm just processing." Cora answered. She placed a hand on her stomach, giving Claudius an unsure look. And how am I going to explain this to the Jedi Order. Relationships are one thing, but having a baby?

How long do I have before everyone else can sense it?

Sarge and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update
    OOC: Fine y'all want to be split up, I'll split y'all up. :p Any questions or concerns bring them to me via PM or in the Jedi Fanclub.

Actually this was rather fun splitting you all off like this. Hopefully you all enjoy it as well.

IC: Master Noma Runa/Knight Zhoul Al'Kesh (NPCs)
    Getting their bearings, Lothal.

Master Runa hid his smile at Knight Sodi's sardonic response to his own statement to Knight Al'kesh. The Kage's feelings on the matter were quite clear to everyone. Despite that, he rapidly came up with a rather good suggestion.

"Well, perhaps a local can translate for us? Surely this place has a library droid that can make heads or tails of gibberish directions." The Mon Cal master looked to Knight Al'kesh. The Devaronian had mentioned that the locals had been of little help to him thus far, but as could be seen by all, his judgement was somewhat, muddled. "Perhaps we should split up to cover a multiple avenue's at once? It seems likely the people may be more willing to speak to us if we don't overwhelm them." Knight Nosrep's suggestion brought another nod from the Jedi master. Not only would it allow them to cover more ground, but if they split up into a smaller group it might arouse less attention, and thus suspicion as to their true nature.

"Good idea, we can do more damage that way." Al'kesh replied with a nervous laugh. "It was a joke!" He added as he noticed the looks the others gave him for his off hand remark. "Less jokeing, more thinking," Runa admonished him. If they were going to split up, the Mon Cal master would ensure that he was paired with the less than reliable Jedi scout. He closed his eyes and thought things through for a moment, calming his mind and allowing the Force to flow through him, guiding his thoughts.

"Very well, Knights Sodi and Nosrep, find the local library, it shouldn't be too difficult. See what you can make of these numbers there." With any luck a helpful librarian droid would indeed point them in the right direction. "Master Grovaak," he turned to the Wookiee master. "You and padawan Volmiir go back to his ship and discuss things with local ground crew there." Al'kesh shook his head, the local ground crews had not been very helpful with him. "Maybe you can discover something that Al'kesh could not."

"Iotasi and Onduri," he turned to the Mirialans. "See if you can find a local constabulary patrol." They hadn't seen any police yet in the port, but it was probable they kept a low profile in the port. "Maybe they can decipher the meaning of the numbers." He shrugged, it was a long shot after all. "Just be careful to keep your own identity and our purpose here a secret from them." It wouldn't do at all for the local police to believe there was a large Jedi presence here, it would lead to uncomfortable questions.

"Knight Bonaventure, you seem to be well versed with dealing with pilots and freighter captains. Take padawan Sanchari," he looked to the Ryn as he kept yet another master padawan pair together here, "and see what you can find out from them. Check out spacer bars or any other pilot hangouts you can think of. Maybe these are spatial co-ordinates in some system they might be familiar with."

He turned at last to Master Chetan, who had adorned himself with a local costume. Perfect thought Runa, for what he had in mind for him. "Master Chetan, you take padawan Cinali here and head into the city." He paused for a moment. "I'm not sure what you'll find there, but I have a feeling it could be somehow significant." He shrugged. Who knew, maybe it was an address and the pair would stumble right upon it. Whatever it was though he had a feeling the force was guiding that particular pair of Jedi in that direction.

"That leaves Knight Al'kesh and myself, we'll head in the opposite direction from the spaceport, perhaps some distance from the city itself will lend some perspective for us." He looked to the Devaronian Jedi who seemed unsure about that course of action, though he wasn't confident enough to argue against it. "Very well, then, remember to use your com links if you find anything and stay in touch with one another if you run into trouble." The Mon cal master nodded one last time to himself. "All right then, let's go."

IC: Al Addin (NPC)
    Streets of Lothal City

[​IMG]

Crouched behind a dumpster in an alleyway off of main street, Al Addin, notorious (in his own mind) urchin and street rat watched the newcomers approach. Oh one of them looked like a local all right, with his wide brimmed hat and old dusty pancho. But he moved like an offlander, and the Togruta woman that followed just a half step behind and to his side confirmed it to the street wizened young man. The pair were no locals, and that made them targets. If they weren't from here, they were travelers, and travelling required money, and money was something Al desperately needed.

He waited for the pair to pass by the darkened alley in which he was hiding before he sauntered out after them. Oh he was cool about it as he slipped effortlessly into the heavy foot traffic along the bust street. Beside him (and everyone else walking along the side of the street) speeders whizzed by. Getting hit by one of those would probably be fatal, or at the very least cause severe injury. As such they helped to funnel the people along the side of the street, keeping them all bunched up together as they jostled and bumped into one another periodically. That of course all made Al's job that much easier.

With a practiced skill he "swam" through the crowd, slipping past more familiar targets for the one he had picked out for himself. Other street rats were doing the same, going after their own marks, though it seemed none had chosen the ones he had. Moving in closer he waited for a moment as oncoming traffic caused them all to clump up just a little closer, and then with a quick but smooth movement of his hand he reached under the elderly man's pancho to grab at what had to be a money pouch on his belt...

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

OOC: I would assume your characters would sense the "danger" they now find themselves in. How you deal with the street rat and his attempt at theft I leave to you.

IC: Matrixxx (NPC serving droid)
    Galactic Gas 'n Grill

As Master Chetan was about to get his pocket picked in the city, Knight Bonaventure and padawan Sanchari had stayed within the confines of the spaceport itself. They'ed been tasked with getting whatever information they could from the spacers, pilots and freighter captains, that frequented the establishments at the fringes of the spaceport. Here could be found bars where a pilot could find solace in the bottom of a mug of ale as well as other less savory establishments tailors to assuage a spacer's sense of loneliness. Neither of those though were even considered by the pair of Jedi for their mission. The former would be filled with drunken spacers, ones too inebriated to offer much in the way of help, while the latter would find beings too enraptured by their own vices to want to be of any help. besides, given what they had figured of Sanchari's past, those kinds of places might stir up some not so pleasant memories for the young Ryn.

There were however another sort of establishment that could be found at the edges of the spaceport, small diners and "greasy spoons" set up for quick and easy service for a pilot to grab a hot meal while his or her vessel was fueled up. Here would be found spacers from all over who while they may be in a hurry to leave, would at least be sober. It was at the very least, a place to start. The first such establishment the pair of Jedi happened upon was the Galactic Gas n' Grill. Situated right next to a quartet of landing pads, the place would shake when one of the vessels on those pads would land or launch, though as the pair entered only the sound of banter from the various pilots and crew of the freighters situated outside filled the small restaurant.

[​IMG]

"I'll be right with you," the feminine sounding protocol droid said as they made their way inside. The customers at the table she was waiting on, a Wookiee freighter captain with a human first mate looked the pair of Jedi over carefully before the wookiee barked something to his companion. The human laughed and bobbed his head up and down in agreement. "Yeah tiny," he was heard saying before giving the droid his order.

Most of the other tables and booths were taken, though there was room at the close end of the counter, the far end being occupied up by a crew of a half dozen or so crewman from an asteroid prospecting vessel. They were telling jokes while mixing in tall tales of strange aliens out beyond the outer rim. Typical spacer stuff to pass the time.

[​IMG]

The Jedi themselves took their own seats then at the counter before the feminine protocol droid approached them again.

[​IMG]

"OK you two, what'll it be? The soup or the special?"

TAG: @Sarge @TheRynJedi

IC: Sergeant Angel (NPC)
    Outside the Winchester Pub, Lothal

[​IMG]

The police sergeant leaned up against the parked police speeder outside the pub he wondering again just what he was doing here. Well he knew what he was doing here, he was waiting for his partner to come back from the shop across the street It was hard to believe that just a few short months ago he had been an up and coming officer in the Coruscanti Police Department, but a nervous breakdown and seen him seek out a quieter locale in which to work. That locale had been Lothal, and while he was happy to see that nothing ever happened out here, the constant boredom didn't agree with his partner who craved "more action", even as he got himself a snack at the shop

Now as his rotund partner returned to their vehicle, Angel took note of the two Mirialan's approaching. It was a male and a female, but he didn't get the sense they were together, at least not in that way. It looked like they had been looking for something, or someone, and as soon as they caught sight of the police it looked like they had found it. They marched straight up to the trio of constables, though it was Angel that spoke first. "What seems to be the trouble?"

TAG: @Rebecca_Daniels

IC: A-BB-07/C0-S73L0
    Landing Pad 87, Lothal Spaceport, Lothal

The pair of droids, both in the employ of the port facility, looked up at the starship in awe. It was beautiful to them, and neither had ever seen anything quite like it. "It's a Carrack class isn't it?" The taller of the pair, a silver colored 3PO series droid asked his much shorter counterpart. The BB series droid, blue and white in coloration, responded with a derisive set of beeps. This clearly wasn't a Carrack class cruiser, those were old and much larger than this vessel. The smaller droid beeped again, this time clearly in a questioning tone.

"No, I don't know who it belongs to," the taller one replied. "Nor do I know what it's cargo is or why it is here." The BB series droid let out a mournful tone. The docking fees had been paid, that much they knew, but they knew little else of the vessel's purpose for being here, and that saddened the pair. They always wanted to know as much as possible about every visitor to Lothal spaceport, it was their only window to goings on offworld and the larger galaxy around them. The little droid beeped again, this time in alarm, as the taller droid drew closer to the ship.

"Of course this is as close as I will get." The silver protocol droid snapped back at his counterpart. "I know there is bound to be a security grid that will fry my circuits." The smaller droid squeaked again, "Yes I know they have been fried once or twice before." The taller one said in exasperation. Sometimes he couldn't abide that little BB droid, but it did serve to keep him out of trouble. Well usually.

A pair of biologics entered the bay now, a human and a wookiee. Perhaps they could help fill in the blanks for the droids. "Hello, I am C0-S73L0, human cyborg relations, and this is my counterpart A-BB-07," he indicated the BB series droid which beeped once at the pair of biologics in greeting. "Is this ‘Aurora Dawn’ your vessel, it is quite unique and we would like to learn whatever we can about it."

TAG: @Bodhran777

IC: WH15-P3R (NPC)
    Lothal Central Archive, Lothal City, Lothal

As the force guided the Jedi to the beginnings of their separate, yet all equally important, adventures, the final pair of Jedi approached the ramshackle Central Archive of Lothal. It hadn't been hard to find, it wasn't hidden away, but nor was it well advertised, nor well traveled. Indeed, the best description of the building was that it had been forgotten, neglected. Not out of spite or malice but just left behind as life went forward for the citizens of Lothal.

[​IMG]

Walking up the steps and into the simple doorway, the Jedi sensed immediately that they weren't totally alone within the archive, though given how few people were within the library's walls, they might as well have been. The interior of the building was arrayed in several concentric circles, to their immediate left and right were stacks of shelves containing holodiscs and other storage media that went all the way around forming the outermost ring. Inward of this was a second ring, containing volumes of print media and bound flimsi. The third (and smallest) ring inboard of that were desk and alcoves for private study if the tomes taken from the archive shelves. Most of these had holo projectors upon which the holo discs could be played as well as privay shutters to enclose the alcove so beings could study without being disturbed. Finally, at the very center of the large room was a circular desk upon which sat several old TT-40 Librarian droids. Behind them, at the center of the desk (which was an open circle itself, was a spiral staircase which led both up and down, to an upper floor and a basement below that presumably contained more records that weren't for public access.

As the Jedi made their way into the archival room one of the droids activated it's repulsors and glided over towards them, intercepting them as they broached the third circle. A black garbed, pale skinned Twi'lek cast them an annoyed glance as he sat at one of the desks alone before he activated the privacy shroud. The Jedi sensed no malice from him, but his annoyance at their intrusion was easily felt as well as his intense desire for privacy.

[​IMG]

It was then that the droid addressed them in a hushed tone. "I am WH15-P3R, an archival droid for the Lothal Central Archives, how may I direct you?"

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321

Aboard the dha werda, trying to book passage

After Goran (Knight Cora) was attended to, Taab took his position with the medical droid. It had a peculiar bedside manner, but Taab didn't mind, so long as it did it's job. Removing his jetpack, utility belt and chestplate, Taab placed them on the deck so the droid could get access to his injured ribs. Keeping an eye on their host he made sure the belt, which had his holstered pistol, his bes'bev and the darksaber, were covered by the chestplate as he set them down. Goran meanwhile had been brought to the in the ship's lounge and was resting on the couch that wrapped halfway around the dejarik table, Lover Boy (Claudius) at her side. As the Chiss watched over her, and the droid tended to Taab's injuries, Knight Troi tried his best with Tor'ke to book passage to Mandalore. He wasn't having much luck.

"Look, I've probably helped you all more than I should've already." Tor'ke, the non affiliated mandalorian bounty hunter exclaimed in exasperation. "If Vizlsa ever finds out about this, he'll have my head on a pike, and if he knows I smuggled you off Concordia, it will be far worse." He seemed genuinely frightened by the prospect of going up against the powerful Mandalorian House.

Troi had tried explaining and cajoling, and even a subtle mind trick, but all to no avail. Tor'ke simply didn't want to take them anywhere with him. "I can... I can point you towards their main encampment, they have a bunch of fighters and transports there, maybe you can steal one." He grimaced even as he said it. "But if you get caught..." he trailed off again as the Jedi could feel the fear rising in him. If they were caught, it might lead back to him. He frowned as Taab made his way into the lounge, freshly healed. His ribs were still sore, but they shouldn't be a problem any longer. Tor'ke's eyes lingered on the elderly Mandalorian for a moment as Taab secured his gear and weapons back on his belt.

Troi brought Tor'ke back to the moment "If we're caught, there is no way the aruetiise there," he pointed to Claudius, "could withstand the tortures they would inflict upon him." He looked to the Chiss and winked. "He would break, and it would lead right back to you." Tor'ke swallowed hard, and gave another curious look to Taab before nodding. "Yeright." he said, his accent mashing the words together. "All right then, come along then, the sooner we get done here the better." He stood and began making his way aft towards the ship's cockpit. "Where to? Sundari?"

Troi looked at his companions. Ideally they would head to Knight Cora's clan stronghold, but he wasn't sure of he trusted this other Mandalorian just yet. Besides, he was getting an...odd, feeling from her right now. Perhaps heading to see her family wasn't the best option at the moment. "Keldabe," he finally said, an answer that got an approving nod from Taab, to go along with a disappointed look from Tor'ke. "Take us to Keldabe."

OOC: Bit more of a chance for Cora to come to terms with her new...condition, then I'll set us down in the old capital.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  17. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    OOC: Hmm, I'm getting a bad feeling about this Diner's special...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Ananta Chetan and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  18. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan
    Lothal

Master Chetan, you take padawan Cinali here and head into the city. He paused for a moment.

I'm not sure what you'll find there, but I have a feeling it could be somehow significant.

I couldn't exactly tell if the look Master Runa gave me after speaking was due to that feeling that our efforts were Force-bound for success, or if it instead had something more to do with my spontaneous appearance in these new garments. And why do Mon Cal's so often have that look on their faces anyway, I wondered silently.

Either way, I gave him a playful steely grin nod, in the spirit of my new incognito look, and gestured toward Cinali to see if she was ready.

TAG @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Bardan_Jusik

TheRynJedi, Sarge and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Vanora Cinali \ Lothal

Vanora felt a ripple of anticipation for the fact the investigation for facts was under way; she was intrigued by the setup of teams and made her way to join Master Chetan. She was curious how his mentoring style would compare with Master Nosrep.

@Ananta Chetan

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora & Claudius
    Aboard the dha werda, trying to book passage

Cora leaned into Claudius's side, one hand resting firmly on her stomach as she tried to focus on her own heartbeat. It was strange, she realised;to have a life forming inside of her, though it was too soon to sense whether the child was a boy or a girl, or if there was possibly, more than one. She listened vaguely to the conversation and thought about seeing her parents, but then what would they say? She knew, at least from interactions over the holo with her mother, however brief those had been; that having children was important to their Clan; and the species of the partner could be debated but as long as they were willing to become Mandalorian; didn't matter. She tuned into the conversation about where to go next, and couldn't hide her expression of worry.

Keldabe huh?

She looked at the others with a slight frown. It might be safer there, and Cora really didn't want to jump into any battles right now. But a baby? How am I going to take care of a baby? Claudius squeezed her hand and she smiled up at him.

"Don't worry." Claudius said quietly. "Things will be fine."

Cora smiled, but tucked her head against his shoulder. "I hope so. Things are more complicated now."

21. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    Kasumi
    Temple

Kasumi felt the hit of the tooth brush and she heard it hit the floor. She raised one eye brow looking at Floki running towards her.

“I believe that if that would have been a true weapon, you would have hit your mark.”

Kasumi could not only see the concern on Floki’s face, but she could sense it. True the stowing away had to be addressed, but it was obvious that his mind was somewhere else. Kasumi took a step forward and looked at his job.

“It appears you are doing a good job with the task that has been given to you. Despite the attempted assassination with the tooth brush, I think you are about done with your chore. Meet me in the gardens right after you are done.”

Without another work, Kasumi walked past Floki. She couldn’t help but smile as she passed him. She wanted to test his skills, see how focused he really could be.

Bardan_Jusik, Sarge and TheRynJedi like this.
  22. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan
    Lothal Streets

[​IMG]

The aroma of food simmering in spices filled the air along the Lothal street corridor. Cinali and I meandered our way into the city in no particular direction primarily following our instincts. An enormous variety of goods and wares were stacked in front of storefronts. Hawkers yelled to the passing pedestrians in an unending chorus. Droids and travelers of all varieties saturated the walkways.

In front of a local watering hole a burly bouncer kept watch while a female of some species with two heads and four arms adorned in extravagant folds of lace gave me a wink as we passed by causing me to involuntarily shudder. While glancing over at my young counterpart to observe her reactions to the culture, a young street urchin plowed straight into me, almost as if he were embracing me. Regaining our composure, the lad regained his step and took off hurriedly down the venue.

Suddenly, I felt a painful ache as if a part of me had literally been snatched away. Reaching hurriedly for my belt, I realized that the scamp has swiped my saber. Looking up at Cinali's widening eyes as she deducted what had happened, I turned and reached into the Force to try to find our culprit before speaking to her.

Which way did he go?

TAG @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Bardan_Jusik

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC-- Vanora Cinali \ Lothal

Vanora was absorbing the variety of food sellers and other vendors and the diversity of cultures with fascination.

When Master Chetan's saber was taken, snatched, her consternation nearly matched his.

"Sithspawn!" Vanora exclaimed. "That little thief went that way!! I know we want to get your lightsaber back, but we don't want to lose valuable time on this investigation. Something tells me time is of the essence."

@Ananta Chetan

24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jo Sodi

As the force guided the Jedi to the beginnings of their separate, yet all equally important, adventures, the final pair of Jedi approached the ramshackle Central Archive of Lothal. It hadn't been hard to find, it wasn't hidden away, but nor was it well advertised, nor well traveled. It was someplace that it had been forgotten, neglected. Not out of spite or malice but just left behind as life went forward for the citizens of Lothal. A sad sign for the future of these people in his opinion, if knowledge and history were not cherished in some fashion it spoke poorly for that people's future.

Despite whatever way things appeared it was as they came to the doorway that he noted the distinct flavor of others in the Force, they were not alone. The interior of the building was arrayed in several concentric circles, to their immediate left and right were stacks of shelves containing holodiscs and other storage media that went all the way around forming the outermost ring. Inward of this was a second ring, containing volumes of print media and bound flimsi. The third (and smallest) ring inboard of that were desk and alcoves for private study if the tomes taken from the archive shelves. Despite feeling others, they were not in view, the whole setting seemed designed not only for ease of use, but also to create forced separation. Even those in the inner circle where the research spots had holo projectors upon the desks where the holo discs could be played as well as privacy shutters to enclose the alcove so beings could study without being disturbed. Finally, at the very center of the large room was a circular desk upon which sat several old TT-40 Librarian droids. Behind them, at the center of the desk (which was an open circle itself, was a spiral staircase which led both up and down, to an upper floor and a basement below that presumably contained more records that weren't for public access. Separation, control, and privacy on all sides. He decided then and there that he did not like this building for a library, it felt better as a bounty office or data terminal access for the holonet's business sections, not for better education.

As the Jedi made their way into the archival room one of the droids activated it's repulsors and glided over towards them, intercepting them as they broached the third circle. A black garbed, pale skinned Twi'lek cast them an annoyed glance as he sat at one of the desks alone before he activated the privacy shroud. The Jedi sensed no malice from him, but his annoyance at their intrusion was easily felt as well as his intense desire for privacy.

It was then that the droid addressed them in a hushed tone. "I am WH15-P3R, an archival droid for the Lothal Central Archives, how may I direct you?"

Giving a small bow with a hand raised to his forehead and upper hood he gave respect to the droid, it after all did not design this place. "Greetings and Salutations. I seek cartography for this world."

TAG
    : @Bardan_Jusik @ConservativeJedi321

25. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

The libraries droid addressed them in a hushed tone. "I am WH15-P3R, an archival droid for the Lothal Central Archives, how may I direct you?" Semajj raised an eye stalk as he contemplated the droids number, it might be easier to address it as 'Whisper', though he elected not to point it out as he figured that would be presumptive of him.

Sodi spoke first, ""Greetings and Salutations. I seek cartography for this world."
    Semajj nodded in approval, before contemplating that they shouldn't ignore the original purpose for which this world came on their radar in their search for the Vipers. "It may also help us if you have a listing of curiosities or enigma's that might interest us while we are stopped on this remarkable planet of yours."

Whatever the worlds between was it likely served as some sort of force nexus, in which case it was quite possible there had been strange happenings around it. He leaned in and spoke in a more hush tone than before. "Anything rumored to have super natural qualities would certainly catch our interest."
    He kept his gaze slightly vacant, the request might come off as strange but there were enough eccentric tourists in the galaxy it shouldn't draw too much attention. Especially if they didn't let on that they wanted something specific.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto, @Bardan_Jusik

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Bardan_Jusik and Sarge like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.