main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Legacy of the Guardians (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update
    IC: Master Noma Runa (NPC)
    Getting the band back together, warehouse district, Lothal

As the hover bus carrying Knights Nosrep and Sodi went along it's prescribed route the numbers aboard began to dwindle as more disembarked than got on. Their quarry however was not one of these and he seemed more than content to just sit in his seat, ignoring everyone that either got on or off the public conveyance. The Jedi too, focused on their target, ignored many of the new passengers, though there was one they could not help but take note of. It was Master Runa who boarded the bus just a few stops after they themselves had followed after the twi'lek. He gave them a simple nod as he boarded, but made no move to engage them in conversation. He gave them a curious look and it was then they they noted he was alone, he had last been seen with Knight Al'kesh though the Devaronian was now no where to be seen. The Mon Calimari took a seat towards the front of the bus, well in front of the pair of Jedi Knights, but made no effort to engage them there aside from a gentle and subtle nod.

Several stops later he got up to leave, and turned to bid them to follow and was surprised to see they had already stood to debus as well, along with a pale skinned twi'lek with a body odor problem. How curious the Mon Cal thought to himself, though he assumed they had simply discovered the same information that he had and were likewise here to scout the location before informing the others. Stepping off the bus, Runa waited for a moment letting the twi'lek pass by before the pair of Jedi followed after him. He pulled them aside, explaining to them. "I see you two also discovered that the co-ordinates led here." Though that seemed to only confuse them.

"The spacers at one of the local pubs told Al'kesh and I of the old global navigational system that seemed to correspond the numbers we were given with this location." He pointed to the warehouse before them, even as the twi'lek headed for the front door of the same building. "I sent Knight Al'kesh along with some of the others back to the ship to protect it, while I checked out their information." He paused and stroked his chin. "He is rather excitable you know," he chuckled and then frowned as he felt that neither Nosrep nor Sodi knew what he was talking about, they also became rather agitated as the twi'lek entered a code on the front door of the warehouse and disappeared inside.

"You didn't expect to find me here did you?" He cocked his head off to one side as he felt something from the alleyway adjoining the warehouse. He led the pair of Knights towards it, and turning the corner they were met with a scene that none of them had expected. It was Master Chetan holding a local street urchin at lightsaber point, Padawan Cinali at his side. The local boy was screaming, pleading with another pair of Jedi, Knight Bonaventure and Sanchari for help. "Or them," The Mon Cal master indicated the quartet of Jedi whose presence in the alley way surprised even him.

"How curious indeed."

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321

OOC: Bringing the active Players on Lothal back together again. :p

IC: Beskaryc Taab
    oyu'baat cafe, Keldabe, Mandalore

Taab raised an eyebrow at the cloaked man's audacity before cracking a grim smile as he took the knife from the bar and sheathed it. The man was aruetii, but Taab's challenge had been well met. He sat at the bar as the man spoke revealed his purpose.

"I'm coming to collect on behalf of our insipid friend."

Taab's blood ran cold at the mention of Insipid. He had never known the identity of the man who had hired him oh so long ago, but with the way this man so casually threw out the word and somehow Taab recognized it as such. "Stay out of my head spoonbender," Taab hissed out, his voice now low, low enough anyway to be overheard only by what he now assumed had to be a dar'jetii, and no one else in the raucaus bar. "I'm a busy man, what exactly do you want?"

TAG: @Sinrebirth

IC: Kal Taab (NPC)

"Wait...he's you're father?" Cora blurted out in a half whisper. "I had no idea he had a son and..." Cora frowned, remember Taab's behavior from a few moments earlier. "...he just walked past you without a hello?" There was a chuckle from beneath the man's mottled gray buy'ce (helmet). "One of two sons actually, and we have a sister too, though she renounced our clan to join the Protectors." He referred to the Mandalorian militia that patrolled Mandalorian space. "I'm Kal, the eldest son and head of Clan Taab, at least I think I am," he nodded towards his father who was still engaged with the dark cloaked man at the bar. "He was until he went all cuy'val dar on us..." Knight Troi leaned forward at that and explained to the rest of the group. "One who no longer exists." Kal nodded. "Took some hush hush job out beyond the rim and that was the last I saw of him." He looked back over at his father again through his T-Visor. "Until today." He shrugged. "That was over a decade ago now, he's never even met his grandchildren."

The Jedi felt a sudden sense of loss from the Mandalorian son of Taab, though he did his best to conceal it. "So, can I assume that this hush job has something to with you all, I won't ask, it's against the code, but I will ask you to convey a message to him." He looked to either side as if making sure he wasn't overheard. "Tell him that his ade (children) are fine, Atin's a weapon's designer with MandalMotors now and Czeska's a combat pilot with the Protectors." He shrugged again, and the Jedi could feel a sense of embarrassment from him, it was clear his siblings accomplishments far outstripped his own. "And tell him..." he seemed at a loss for words. "Tell him I'm still just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe."

Knight Troi nodded at that which seemed to appease Kal, though Tor'ke sneered mightily at the man's modest demeanor even as Taab's son stood to leave. Before he did so he leaned in and whispered. "And one last thing." He said gravely before pausing, waiting for Knight Troi to nod his assent. "Tell him, the time is coming to make a stand here, Vizsla, Kryze," Tor'ke sneered again, though this time he tried to hide it. "It's all coming to a head." He gestured to the various Mandalorians around them, ones representing clans and Houses from around the galaxy. "Civil War will be upon us soon, and when it does, no where will be safe." With that he spun quickly on his heel and after one last glance at his father, he disappeared into the crowd, headed in the direction of the exit.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine "Sarge" Bonaventure
    Caught in the Act

The tableau didn't do us much credit as representatives of the Light side of the Jedi Order. Four of us had a ragged street rat at bay; he was screaming for help as we threatened him with deadly weaponry. As destiny would have it, that was the moment when Council Master Noma Runa came around the corner to witness our heroic deeds.

I stepped back and pointed at Master Chetan. "He started it."

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321

3. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan
    Warehouse District, Lothal

Glancing over at the smirking Bonaventure upon his arrival, I elevated the thief a couple inches higher and tightened my grip.

This sporting lad had the audacity to steal my 'flashlight' and then feign offering tourist services to Lady Vanora and myself.

Walking around now in a circle while still holding the boy in mid-air I continued speaking to the now assembled audience of familiar faces.

As we all know, such an act, according to our custom, earns the punishment of forfeiting one limb.

Straining to maintain my deadpan expression, Who among you would care to do the honors?

TAG: @Sarge @Bardan_Jusik @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Vanora stifled a chuckle at the witty exchange and the 'lesson' being put forth on the would-be saber thief. She thought, it's nice to know mature Jedi can still have their prankish moments.

She eagerly anticipated what they would actually find at their destination and was relieved the group was all together again.

5. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    IC: Sanchari

Sanchari tried toentally follow the steps that had led her to here, standing in an alley helping to threaten a young thief, but gave up. Most of the night had been a blur since the man in the diner had nearly died. It had been all she could do to try to stabilize him without revealing that she was healing him with the Force. She was still a bit dazed from it all, and had just been following Master Bonaventure's lead.

Master Chetan was threatening the boy now, but Sanchari could feel the Master's emotions contradicting the sternness of his tone.

Sanchari stood down, waiting to see what would happen next.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  6. Bodhran777

Bodhran777 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2019
    OOC: Apologies for the long haitus. RL has been a bit wild and is continuing to be so. I’ll be trying to get active again, so please bear with me. I realize this is probably a big backpedal for Jaal and Grovaak, so Bardan, feel free to expedite if needed and let me know when to jump back in.

IC: Jaal Volmiir & Master Grovaak

Back at the docking facility, the Aurora Dawn sat quietly as two droids made their way over to it. ID10, sitting in his droid receptacle in the cockpit, spotted the tall one first as they got closer, but waited to respond until they made any kind of move toward the ship. However, once the protocol droid did move closer, the ship automatically let out a low hum as the onboard computers acknowledged the newcomers and gave them a mild warning they were being monitored.

Meanwhile, Jaal and Master Grovaak were on their way back when Jaal received an alert from ID10. Raising his wrist up, a holoprojector on his gauntlet lit up and displayed the two droids in front of the Aurora. Jaal glanced up at his master, who was already reaching out with the force to sense what they were about to walk in on. After a quick determination that there wasn’t a larger greeting party, they made their way to the ship.

Upon entering the Aurora’s docking slot, Grovaak broke off from Jaal.

I’ll find the ground crew and start asking questions. I’ll leave the droids to you. Radio if you learn anything from them and keep your ears open and senses working.

Jaal nodded and approached the droids, taking note of their appearances and models while the protocol droid spoke up first.

"Hello, I am C0-S73L0, human cyborg relations, and this is my counterpart A-BB-07," he indicated the BB series droid which beeped once at the pair of biologics in greeting. "Is this ‘Aurora Dawn’ your vessel, it is quite unique, and we would like to learn whatever we can about it."

“Hi there,” Jaal replied. “Yes, it’s mine. A bit of a custom ship when I bought it. Honestly, I’m not sure what it began as, but she flies well.”

As he spoke, the canopy of the cockpit retracted halfway so ID10 could see out. The glow from his eye was evident through the glass as he watched for trouble. Jaal wasn’t used to talking too much about his ship, but he didn’t sense anything hostile from these droids at the moment.

“Do both of you work with the ground crew here? I was hoping someone might be able to give me the lay of the land here. It’s my first time out this way, so coordinates or a map would be helpful.”

Jaal looked to the droids for anything they might offer up readily. If needed, he’d push on the Vipers or their coordinates.

At the same time, Grovaak had made his way around looking for the docking station’s office or wherever the maintenance crew was hanging around. He was trying to be inconspicuous, or as much as a 2.1 meter Wookie in Jedi attire could be. They weren’t there to attract too much attention, after all.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Black-Coat
    Bar, Keldabe

"I'm a busy man, what exactly do you want?"
    The man hissed like a struck snake, coiled to attack.

The Master simply sagged back in the chair, hands crossed over his slouch.

"Well, here's the thing," he said, indolence defined. "You took a contract from a... well, a very bad person, however many years ago it was." He was cautious not to use the word Sith in here; it would be picked up, let alone by whatever sensors the Mandalorians had in their helmets. It was pretty easy to key something to keep track of specific words, and, well, Sith were Sith. Since the One Sith emerged from hiding about twenty years ago, it had been one wave after another, be it from Korriban, or uncharted space. Galaxy wasn't in a good shape, that much was certain.

"I know you're not that fussed by what happens in the Core, or even the Unknowns, because you're a Mandalorian, even if, knowing you, you've picked up a bit of a conscience by now." A shrug. "Interrupt me if I'm speculating too hard, would ya?" He chuckled slightly.

"Thing is, I need to cash-in on what you owe that guy, because, well, he'll be leaving soon, and I've made sure of it, and I'll be picking up that tab as recompense for my trouble..." He sat up, a bit sharply, before slowing to lean forward. "... I'd like to join your merry crew for a bit, if you don't mind. I need to find someone when it all kicks off, you see... the next wave and all that."

"So... I'd like the coordinates to Prime, if you would."

He was, of course, speaking in riddles, but that's what he did.

It was all the truth... you just needed to have the correct context.

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Lothal

As the two Jedi followed their quarry off the bus they encountered a familiar face. "I see you two also discovered that the co-ordinates led here."
    Master Runa's words briefly puzzled Semajj, though he quickly connected the dots. He hadn't suspected that the curious Tw'ilek was leading them to the coordinates, though the Ongree also knew there was no such thing as coincidences. "The spacers at one of the local pubs told Al'kesh and I of the old global navigational system that seemed to correspond the numbers we were given with this location." There was a warehouse near by, their obvious destination. "I sent Knight Al'kesh along with some of the others back to the ship to protect it, while I checked out their information. He is rather excitable you know," The Mon Calarmari halted, and Semajj continued for a couple extra feet, initially hoping to stay on their target, before deciding to pause and wait for his fellow Jedi to catch up.
    "You didn't expect to find me here did you?" He cocked his head off to one side. "Or them," he added as he guided them to an alleyway where the discovered Sarge, Sanchari, and Master Chetan with Semajj's apprentice by his side.
    Not to mention the crying street urchin said Master was threatening with his lightsaber.

The Ongree glanced at Jo Sodi as Runa continued to make mental connections. "How curious indeed."
    "Nothing is curious when we have faith in the force." Semajj did his best wry grin, though a touch of nerves bundled in him as he feared the longer they dallied the more time they gave Stinky to escape. "This sporting lad had the audacity to steal my 'flashlight' and then feign offering tourist services to Lady Vanora and myself." Master Chetan explained the situation to them. "As we all know, such an act, according to our custom, earns the punishment of forfeiting one limb, Who among you would care to do the honors?" The Ongree rolled his eyes at the older Jedi's attempt at morbid humor, before looking to Vanora as she stifled a chuckle. "I trust you have learned more from Master Chetan than just how to torment miscreants in the street?"

He then glanced back to Master Runa.
    "Even so, I am surprised to see you all here, we were trailing a curious Twi'lek from the library. He had checked out all their content on an old Jedi Temple that was apparently stationed on this planet somewhere. We found it suspicious, and followed him here." He took a moment to eye the beggar sniveling in the air before them. "Though all things considered it's possible we might have drawn more attention than we intended, so if we are going to break in we should do it quickly."

Tags: @Bardan_Jusik, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Mitth_Fisto, @Ananta Chetan, @TheRynJedi,

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jo Sodi
    Lothal, The Gathering

As the two Jedi followed their quarry off the bus they encountered a familiar face. At first it was in silence until they debarked all at the same place. The words that followed were unsettling. Granted the Force is supposed to be a comforting thing, it was weird no matter how many times it happened that he ended up at the right place at the right time when trying to follow to do something else. Still he kept his eyes always on the quarry and what it did until it passed through the doors out of sight. "I see you two also discovered that the co-ordinates led here." Master Runa stated with warm certainty.

"The spacers at one of the local pubs told Al'kesh and I of the old global navigational system that seemed to correspond the numbers we were given with this location." There was a warehouse near by, their obvious destination. "I sent Knight Al'kesh along with some of the others back to the ship to protect it, while I checked out their information. He is rather excitable you know," The Mon Calarmari halted, and Semajj and Sodi continued for a couple extra feet before pausing for the others.

"You didn't expect to find me here did you?" He cocked his head off to one side. "Or them," he added as he guided them to an alleyway where the discovered Sarge, Sanchari, and Master Chetan with Semajj's apprentice by his side. Not to mention the crying street urchin said Master was threatening with his lightsaber. For the love of food cubes! Jo could not help but shake his head at the sight.

The Ongree glanced at Jo Sodi as Runa continued to make mental connections. "How curious indeed."

"Nothing is curious when we have faith in the force." Semajj did his best wry grin. "This sporting lad had the audacity to steal my 'flashlight' and then feign offering tourist services to Lady Vanora and myself." Master Chetan explained the situation to them. "As we all know, such an act, according to our custom, earns the punishment of forfeiting one limb, Who among you would care to do the honors?" The Ongree rolled his eyes at the older Jedi's attempt at morbid humor, before looking to Vanora as she stifled a chuckle. "I trust you have learned more from Master Chetan than just how to torment miscreants in the street?"

He then glanced back to Master Runa.

"Even so, I am surprised to see you all here, we were trailing a curious Twi'lek from the library. He had checked out all their content on an old Jedi Temple that was apparently stationed on this planet somewhere. We found it suspicious, and followed him here." He took a moment to eye the beggar sniveling in the air before them. "Though all things considered it's possible we might have drawn more attention than we intended, so if we are going to break in we should do it quickly."

"I Would concur with this reasoning. So lets either pick a random extremity of the five this miscreant has and be done with it, or save the time we do not have to waste and quickly be after the one that has stolen something far more precious than a lamp. Our allies sense of security and library books." he said with a stated nod as he advanced a step further, "I believe I might of seen enough of the passcode to gain entrance. But I have not seen a cam, so we should hurry."

Tags: @Bardan_Jusik, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @ConservativeJedi321 , @Ananta Chetan, @TheRynJedi

10. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan
    Warehouse District, Lothal

Lowering the boy and extinguishing my blade, I now removed my poncho and sombrero disguise and handed them to the lad, dropping a few credits in the hat as I did.

Here...and if you ever decide to rethink your life, here's the name of a contact I have in the Service Corps who might be able to help you out,
    I said handing him a holo-card.

TAG: @Sarge @Bardan_Jusik @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321

11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora & Claudius

Cora listened quietly as Taab's son spoke of him, of the family he had left behind. Cora fought hard to keep a neutral expression on her face, though she felt Claudius reach down and squeeze her knee. He just up and left his own family? Cora didn't really understand why he would do that, and maybe it was because of pregnancy that she was feeling a little more emotional then usual. And then, at the mention of a civil war Cora felt her stomach turn dangerously. What civil war? "A civil war?" Cora asked quietly. She turned to look at Claudius who was staring ahead in silent anger. Not at anyone or anything in particular. "Wait!" Cora called out, reaching a hand to where Taab's son disappeared.

She let out a short breath and Claudius squeezed her knee again to draw her attention to him.

"You need to calm down." He said, and Cora turned to look at him sharply. "It's not good for you."

Cora searched his eyes for a moment. He was right of course. They had no idea how stress could affect their baby.

"Yes, alright. I'm sorry." Cora said to him. She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and turned to the others. "What are we going to do?"

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @Sinrebirth

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update
    Getting the band back toegther, warehouse district, Lothal

Master Runa struggled to maintain a grim expression as the Jedi continued to torment the poor boy. He was clearly frightened out of hit wits, though he certainly caught on when Knight Sodi made mention of a fifth extremity that could be sliced from his person. The boy's eyes grew wide at that and his struggling intensified and it was all Master Runa could do to stop from laughing. It wouldn't be dignified he thought, for a Jedi Master to take such pleasure in the clear mental anguish of the lad, even if it was clear he was a thief. Master Chetan apparently had come to the same conclusion as he then released the boy and gifted him a few credits for his troubles. The boy quickly scooped them up and began running down the alley away from the craziness he had just witnessed. On his way he bumped into the mammoth figure of a wookiee and his human companion. It was Master Grovaak and his newly minted padawan, Volmiir.

The thief bounced off of the solidly built wookiee jedi master and fell to the pavement, landing squarely on his buttocks. Master Runa though was more interested in the sudden arrival of yet another pair of his colleuges. How very curious, though perhaps Knight Nosrep was right, nothing was curious when there was faith in the force, and it was clear to him now that the Force had brought them all here, to this place, even if it was by various means. Clearly the deck hands the pair of Jedi questioned had also told them that the numbers led to this place.

"Very well," the Mon Cal master said stroking his chin as he thought on what he had been told about the twi'lek followed here by Knights Sodi and Nosrep. "Clearly we need to get inside, and stealthily..." The thief, who had by that point in time picked himself up and dusted himself off, perked up at that. "You're not going to want to do that." He said carefully. He was still frightened, but now that the chance for profit had been raised his fear was dissipating. "This place belongs to P'za the Hutt." He waited for some sign of recognition from the Jedi but got none. "He's the biggest gangster and smuggler this side of..." he paused and rubbed the back of his neck as his face turned red. "Well on Lothal anyway." He chuckled as his blushing died down slightly. "This place is wired so tight you'll never get in without alerting his guards." Now his chuckle turned to a wry smile. "Unless of course you happen to know a master thief who knows his way around and can get you in." His eyes brightened. "For a piece of the score of course."

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @Bodhran777

IC: Beskaryc Taab

Taab was getting irritated with the dar'jetii (or what he assumed was a Sith) now who spoke in nothing but riddles speculation and innuendo. It was all very tiresome, as a Mandalorian, he was a man of action, not talk. Finally though the dark cloaked man got down to it. "Thing is, I need to cash-in on what you owe that guy, because, well, he'll be leaving soon, and I've made sure of it, and I'll be picking up that tab as recompense for my trouble..." Taab cocked his head to one side. He'd had two separate contracts with the man in question, one had been fulfilled, and he'd been paid in full with a bonus. The other was outstanding yet, and so he assumed that this one also wanted the two Sith, Darth Sixtus and her apprentice, the one formerly known as padawan Thrace, killed as well. Shrugging inwardly to himself Taab considered it. He wanted the pair dead for personal reasons, the insipid man who had hired him for reasons of his own. Taab had assumed it had to do with Sith politics, an assumption that was only bolstered by the cloaked man's vague turns of phrase.

He sat up, a bit sharply, before slowing to lean forward. It seemed he wanted even more. "... I'd like to join your merry crew for a bit, if you don't mind. I need to find someone when it all kicks off, you see... the next wave and all that." Join them? For what? Taab had to consciously stop himself from recoiling at the man's suggestion, it was an internal struggle he lost with the man's next statement.

"So... I'd like the coordinates to Prime, if you would."

The Mandalorian recovered quickly, at least in his own opinion, though he was sure cloaked man noticed his shock and discomfort. "Not in the cards, friend." He stressed the last word strangely. "You want those, you can go to your insipid comrade, he's the one who gave them to me in the first place." Taab remembered back when he had first been hired by the Sith to protect the Jedi Temple on Saridona Prime, and any Jedi he found therein. The world had been a hidden one, not marked on any map or starchart, though Taab had been only half surprised to find it right where the Sith had told him it would be. He had never discovered the reason for the contract, only that it had been given, taken and fulfilled. So to him, that part of the deal was done, over with nothing else owed from either party. Still, he was now in the employ of the Jedi, doing much the same thing the Sith had originally hired him to do, protect the Jedi Temple, and that meant not distributing those co-ordinates.

"As to joining us, I don't think you'd fit in." He glanced back at his own comrades, they had just finished speaking to another Mandalorian that Taab thought he recognized. "Especially if you're still on about that first contract, that business was concluded a long time ago." He shrugged unapologetically. The problem with speaking in riddles was one could never be certain what another was referring to. "Now, if this is about Sixtus and Twitchy, I'm still on the case, no assistance is required." With that he got up, leaving the perplexed man behind at the bar and motioned for the Jedi that it was time to leave. He wanted nothing more to do with this place with the dar'jetii sitting there, in fact right now Taab wanted nothing more to do with this entire cursed planet. The sooner they were off world, the better.
    TAG: @Sinrebirth

IC: Knight Troi (NPC)

Knight Troi seemed just as stunned as Knight Cora at the Mandalorian's revelations. He was probably as close to Taab as anyone in the Temple and their security chief had never made mention of any of this. Of even greater concern was the man's belief that civil war on Mandalore was all but inevitable. A war that Troi knew could have devastating consequences for the entire outer rim. Tor'ke meanwhile had listened to the man's pronouncement with a curious look of disinterest on his face, or perhaps he already knew In any case, this sort of information was why the Guardians had come to Mandalore in the first place, to ascertain just how bad things had gotten, and it seemed to Troi they had gotten very bad indeed.

"You need to calm down." Claudius said to Knight Cora, causing her to turn and look at him sharply. Their budding relationship hadn't gone unnoticed by the Jedi, but even so Troi was surprised at the forcefulness of the Chiss' suggestion. "It's not good for you." The blue skinned man explained further. "Yes, alright. I'm sorry." Cora said, She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and turned to the others. "What are we going to do?"

"It looks like we're leaving," Troi said, gesturing towards the bar where Taab was signaling for them to leave. It looked as though his conversation there was at an end. With a shrug Troi stood and left enough credits on the table to cover their bill before following the security chief out the door. "Beskaryc," he began using Taab's given name. It was a precursor to what he was going to say next to him, a way to soften the blow that the man had just ignored his own son. The Mandalorian jedi didn't get the chance to say next what was on his mind though as suddenly the roar of jetpacks filled the area around them and a half dozen mandalorians landed in the street, surrounding the Guardians. Taab reacted instinctively, raising his blaster carbine towards the nearest interloper while Tor'ke took a step back before belatedly drawing his own blaster pistol. Troi for his part activated the plasma shields on his vambraces, those and his chestplate were all the armor he was wearing. He would not reach for his lightsaber yet that would draw far too much attention, especially here on Mandalore, though the hostile intent of these six Mandalorians facing them was clear.

Each was wearing the style of the late Republic and Imperial age, it was an older armor style, one that perhaps offered stronger protection due to the thickness of the plates, but lacked the overall coverage that Taab's newer, segmented, style allowed for. No clan sigils or other insignia were readily apparent and Taab's first thought was that they had been scrubbed of any identifying markers. That was not a good sign. The situation soon worsened as without word between the six, they each raised their right arms and activated their flame projectors. Torrents of flame erupted from them that separated the Guardians from any curious bystanders that may have wished to interfere. Finally at this point one of them spoke, "And now you die, traitors." The voice coming from under the helmet was male and informed the Guardians in case they hadn't figured it out on their own by this point, that this was no mere social call. These mandalorians intended to kill them. It was at that point that Knight Troi did a quick headcount and then muttered to the others sardonically. "Seems we're outnumbered."

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence and potentially Sinre as well. ;)

OOC: Six Mandos facing off against the five Guardians. Deal with them as desired in your posts.

13. Bodhran777

Nov 1, 2019
    IC: Jaal Volmiir & Master Grovaak
    Rejoining the Gang…

It had not taken long for Jaal and Grovaak to get an explanation on the coordinates they had received. The droids, in fact, had been quite helpful, and directions through the city had been courtesy of the maintenance crew that Grovaak had found. Granted, Jaal had been required for some translating, but it all worked out.

As they had picked their way through the city, they did their best to get somewhat of a look around. A lay of the land, one could say. They had even stopped for some root tea, which Master Grovaak was still sipping as they rounded the corner and came within sight of the rest of the group.

However, they were greeted almost immediately by a street urchin running square into Grovaak, who hardly flinched except to hold his tea higher to avoid it being knocked away. Jaal was quick to take a step back, but soon stepped forward to help him up. Looking past him, Jaal saw the large grin on Master Runa’s face, and he immediately knew this kid must have had a run-in with the others.

It took the pair little time catching up on the situation and talk of breaking in piqued Jaal’s curiosity. He’d busted into places before to get a vantage point for sniping, but this would be the first burglary he had been a part of, in his memory.

"You're not going to want to do that," the boy interjected. "This place belongs to P'za the Hutt. He's the biggest gangster and smuggler this side of...well, Lothal anyway.”

Jaal arched a brow and looked at the kid. “In my experience, Hutts are just about the biggest anything in the room, period. Gangster, smuggler, security boss…doesn’t matter what they are, they’re just large.”

Master Grovaak snorted at the joke, regardless of the fact it was true. It was also well-known that Hutts usually had an entourage of guards and other unfriendlies at their disposal and were rarely stupid.

If we’re going in, we need to stay out of sight, or find a way to blend in with any crowd inside, if there is one.” The Wookie looked at the keypad, trying to reach into recent activity in the Force to see if he could decipher the code or what might be on the other side. If they got in, he knew he was going to stick out like…well, a Wookie.

Meanwhile, Jaal had turned to the boy, listening to the rest of his talk about master thiefs.

“I supposed you know such a thief that could get us in?” He of course knew where he was going with the line of conversation. No doubt this kid was about to volunteer, and he might actually know something about getting into places here. He clearly knew a bit about the top underworld names on this planet to know what he was about to get himself into, even if he seemed a bit oblivious about what sort of people he was surrounded by currently.

TAG: Everyone

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Vanora watched in fascination as events unfolded at the warehouse. The would-be thief suddenly urged caution and offered to help, for profit, of course, but they definitely could use the "expert" assistance...

Apprentice Jaal Volmiir & Master Grovaak returned, which was a welcome thing, Vanora concluded. It was always handy to have a Wookiee in your group. A Wookiee Jedi made that even better.

She poised waiting to see what Master Nosrep or Chetan would assign her as a task.

Ananta Chetan and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Black Coat
    oyu'baat cafe, Keldabe; violence

He had expected violence to find them, just not in this manner. Amused as to the responses of Taab, he was due to interject when said violence interjected.

Six Mandalorians with a penchant for pyromania.

"How droll," he said slyly, and could see his opportunity to ingratiate himself with the Guardians, for they were outnumbered, unhelpfully. The Black Coat grinned slightly and flexed two fingers, tugging upwards one man's arm to send the gout of flame into the ceiling, undoubtedly causing all manner of consternation. He called to Taab, beside the other Guardians, so they would all hear him.

"Don't mind me."

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence, @Bardan_Jusik

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Regrouping, Warehouse District - Lothal

It had not taken long for explanations. The would be thief though, that one did not seem to get the hint to run. Now the question became whether this urchin was hoping to trick them to get in good with P'za the Hutt, or was actually offering his services.

Questions were leveled, and the Wookiee seemed focused on the keypad. "I got a good look at the combination. Probably can get us through the door, after the door? What does your path offer better?" Jo asked as he walked towards the door. Looking back at the last question as he reflexively began lightly flexing fingers in the directions of his weapons, mentally preparing for a battle.

TAG: Everyone

17. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Lothal

The Ongree eyed the thief suspiciously as he offered to give them the information they needed to break into the compound. The human Jaal at least took this in good humor. “In my experience, Hutts are just about the biggest anything in the room, period. Gangster, smuggler, security boss…doesn’t matter what they are, they’re just large.”
    If we’re going in, we need to stay out of sight, or find a way to blend in with any crowd inside, if there is one.” A more reasonable response from Master Grovaak.
    “I supposed you know such a thief that could get us in?” Jaal questioned.
    "Let me guess, it's you?" Semajj sighed at the crooks quick turnaround.
    Jo certainly doubted the boys efforts as much as he did. "I got a good look at the combination. Probably can get us through the door, after the door? What does your path offer better?"
    "Why should we believe you urchin? I for one find your capacity to abandon terror at the sign of a quick profit disturbing."
    Glancing at the other Masters he thought for a moment. "Perhaps we should leave the apprentices here to guard this miscreant while we storm the warehouse, if he has anything of value maybe he can tell them, if not at very least he won't be able to warn our foe's."

Tags: @Bardan_Jusik, @Ananta Chetan, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @TheRynJedi, @Mitth_Fisto, @Bodhran777

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora & Claudius

Cora really shouldn't have been surprised that they were soon surrounded and outnumbered. She shifted on her feet and Claudius stood close to her as they eyed the Mandalorians together. But she didn't want to fight. What if I get kicked or hit in the stomach? Cora thought to herself as she exchanged a worried look with Claudius. She frowned a little, and took a stance off to the side. The only way I might be able to protect myself is through the force, but I can't use that here without drawing attention to myself. She eyed the Mandalorians closest to her, and made her decision. She didn't want to fight, but she had to; and hoped she was able to defend herself enough to protect her baby.

She quickly turned her head, raised her fist and sucker punched the closest Mandalorian to her. Claudius got in front of Cora and grabbed the Mandalorian hard; using his momentum to throw them to the ground, not wanting Cora to get hit by him if he decided to counter her sucker punch.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @Sinrebirth

The Vanguard, Bardan_Jusik and Sarge like this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update
    Gathering forces outside the warehouse, Lothal

Master Runa closed his eyes and thought as the Jedi debated the usefulness of the boy and tried to gain entry to the warehouse. Tuning them out however the Mon Cal master tried to instead listen to the currents in the force. The others he felt were girded for battle, ready to storm the warehouse and go to war with whomever they found inside. Whoever, whatever, that was seemed clouded in his mind's eye, and that was disturbing. "Perhaps we should take the lad up on his off..." the jedi master began, willing to forestall their immanent invasion of the warehouse in search of a clearer picture first. His words though were interrupted as the locked door was suddenly opened, either Master Grovaak's work had already borne fruit or they had been noticed and the doors opened from within. In either case the Jedi were met there by a trio of Gamorrean guards, two armed with vibro-aces and the leader with a shock prod.

Edit: broken image removed, use your imagination it was Gamorreans. :p

They squealed in shock at the sight of the intruders outside the doorway, though their shock didn't last long as they quickly grunted to one another and then as one let out a mighty roar and charged!

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @Bodhran777

OOC: Just the three guards right now, shouldn't be much of a challenge for you all. Dispose of them as you see fit and then you can make your way further into the warehouse.

[​IMG]

OOC: Just a quick clarification, the Guardians have been attacked by the maruading Mandalorians on the street just outside the oyu'baat. My apologies, I should have been more clear on that.

IC: Beskaryc Taab/Knight Troi (NPC)/Tor'ke (NPC)
    On the street outside the oyu'baat cafe, Keldabe, Mandalore

The Mandalorians and Guardians stood there for a moment taking stock of the opposition. It was six Mandalorians against two Jedi, two Mandalorians and a Chiss. Troi raised an eyebrow at the uneven odds, though despite his earlier declaration they weren't tilted in the manner an outsider might think. A well trained Jedi would have no issues taking on even a half dozen mandalorians. It was only the best of the latter that could truly stand up to a force user, and even then the best trained Mandalorian couldn't hope to stand up against the best trained Jedi or Sith. Still, no one here knew that two members of their party were Jedi, and only Cora and Claudius knew she was pregnant. So, with plasms shields out at the ready the senior Knight prepared to defend himself as best he could without revealing his true nature.

Others nearby were not so about using their powers though as one of the mandalorian's arms shot suddenly upward, the jet of flame from his projector followed the upward trajectory setting the roof of the oyu'baat on fire. It wasn't the first, nor would it be the last, time that had ever happened and the flames were snuffed out quickly there as the few combustibles there were quickly consumed. The roof had long been fireproofed, it had to be or the infamous cafe would have been burned to cinders ages ago. The unexpected move did cause an opening in the mandalorian's defenses though, one that Troi and the others quickly took advantage of. "Go now!" The Jedi shouted to his comrades who ran under the upwards shooting jet of flame and out into the open.

"Don't mind me." the oily words escaped from a dark cloaked man at the doorway to the oyu'baat. Even though his face was covered Troi could sense from him feelings of amusement at their predicament. He also sensed in the man the cold embrace of the dark side, and it was quickly apparent that it was he who had caused the sudden "misfire" among the mandalorians. Why would he help them? Troi asked himself in confusion, though now was not the time for such things. They still had their attackers to deal with.

Knight Cora and Claudius had meanwhile used the confusion to their own advantage, taking one of the Mandos to the ground while Taab had simply used his own jetpack to rocket himself up and over the fray with the intention of taking on the attackers from above, or even getting in behind them. However, two of the attacking Mandalorians jetted off after him which at least forced them to cease their flame projector assault. Tor'ke now for his part also got involved, using his fibercord whip he lashed out at the jetpack of one of Taab's pursuers, it latched onto the exhaust nozzle on the right side. Wrenching the line hard now, Tor'ke pulled the nozzle off kilter before releasing the whip from his vambrace. The ensuing off center thrust the jetpack forced the in flight Mandalorian to go corkscrewing off into the sky before crashing down in the distance. That was another one down.

Taab meanwhile was engaging the remaining in flight Mandalorian with his blaster carbine while taking fire from his attacker's own blaster. Bolts ricocheted off each other's armor plates and it was now that the difference in the two styles began to be demonstrated. Taab's blaster bolts could barely be felt by the pursuing mandalorian as his heavier, thicker armored plates shrugged them off with ease. Those striking Taab's armor though were like a hammer blow against the aging Mandalorian. None penetrated, but given enough of a pounding and his armor would eventually lose integrity, and far before his pursuer's older styled armor. The lighter style preferred by Taab though did have it's advantages though, advantages he was all too willing to exploit.

Segmented and flexible Taab's newer style of armor provided more overall coverage of his extremities. His arms and neck were better covered, as were his legs, and of course still made of beskar the armor was resilient enough to deflect even a lightsaber for a short time before losing integrity. Yes it would lose that integrity far before the older style heavy plate would, but the extra coverage was much appreciated by Taab now as his right arm took a hit. Taab's own shots were finding their marks as well. Most hit center mass, striking the pursuing mandalorian square in the chest plate and a few to the helmet which naturally were shrugged off by the attacker. Several though went wide, and one struck the bicep of the mandalorian's shooting side. There was no armor protection there and the bolt seared right through the mandalorian's undersuit causing him to drop his blaster rifle.

Taab reversed his course now, going immediately from being the hunted to the hunter and rammed into the wounded manadalorian in mid flight. Leading with his shoulder he crashed into the mandalorian's abdomen, right beneath his thick armor plate. The blow knocked the wind out of the attacker and sent him careening off too before he crashed near where the Jedi were fighting on the ground. The others, facing off against Knight Troi and Tor'ke now decided that perhaps discretion was the better part of valor and rocketed off into the sky in retreat, leaving their fallen comrade behind. Taab watched them go with a bemused look on his face behind his T-Visor before he landed among his own comrades. It looked as if they were safe, for now. He doubted any onlookers would attack the group after that spectacle. Still, now they were left with new mysteries to solve Troi thought as he deactivated his plasma shields. "Who were they?" Taab asked Tor'ke. There were no clan sigils immediately evident, though they could now search the one Taab had wounded as he lay unconscious on the ground at their feet. "Better question my old friend," Troi replied looking sternly at the dark cloaked man still watching them from the doorway to the oyu'baat. "Who is he?"

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @Sinrebirth

OOC: Nothing cannon of course regarding the different styles (Legacy era vs. Classic era) of Beskar'gam. I am taking the liberty here though of creating strengths and weaknesses of each compared to the other with the segmented "new" style offering more coverage but at the expense of being slightly weaker and the "old" style offering heavier and thicker plating proving stronger protection at the expense of coverage. I'm a strong proponent that any "advantage" given a character in a game or story should come with a disadvantage as well.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine Bonaventure
    Outside the Warehouse of Horror, Earning My Pay for the Week

Three armed Gamorreans roaring and charging? Time to make myself useful; the Guardians of Light don't pay me to just stand around and make wisecracks. Which is a pity, as that's one of my greatest Force powers.

A vibro-axe came screaming straight down in an overhand blow aimed squarely at my head. I side-stepped to my right just enough to let it slice past me. My energy buckler glowed to life in my left hand and struck down at the axe as it went by, slamming the axe-head down into the pavement. It stuck there, right in front of the charging Gamorrean's feet. The stocky green guard tripped over its own weapon and fell face-first. As it tried to bury its face in the ground, I jumped and dropped in a pile-driver attack that landed on the back of the guard's helmet. A muffled grunt faded away into unconsciousness.

"That's one little piggy, two to go before we blow this house down!"

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @Bodhran777

21. Bodhran777

Nov 1, 2019
    IC: Jaal Volmiir & Grovaak
    Warehouse Throwdown, Part 1

Master Grovaak had been focused on the keypad but was mildly surprised when the door opened on its own. He knew right off that he was not to be credited with opening the door, which was immediately confirmed by the appearance of the guards walking out. By the look of their collective reactions, this meeting was purely coincidental. If the group had been spotted, these Gamorreans wouldn’t have been nearly as surprised to see them and would have most likely come out weapons swinging. No, this was an accident, although a rather fortunate one for the Guardians. The door was now open, and these 3 guards were woefully underprepared to deal with a contingent of Jedi that outnumbered them. Indeed, Jaal was wondering, as they all three charged, why one of them wasn’t immediately running back in for backup.

Being closest to the door, Grovaak was immediately the target for the guard with the shock prod. As the Gamorrean swung it, the Wookie leaned to dodge, the hum of energy zipping by and making some of his fur stand on end. He did not want to seriously harm the guard, so he kept his lightsaber where it was for now, instead content to step past a few more swings.

While another guard was being dealt with by Sir Peregrine, Jaal took advantage of the discarded vibro axe, pulling it over with the Force and bringing the handle of the weapon up and across the back of the Gamorrean’s helmet. The resulting sound sounded like a child banging a heavy stick against a cooking pot and made the guard stumble forward into Grovaak’s grip. With a low grunt, the Wookie Jedi hoisted the guard up off the ground and threw him backward into the wall. The Gamorrean collapsed, shock prod clattering away harmlessly and deactivated, and stayed there with a slumped head and shoulders. He was out cold.

22. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan
    Lothal Warehouse

I knew I shouldn't.

But the precedent had long ago been set by the son of the One and I couldn't resist being cast now in such a similar situation.

Raising my hood and two fingers on one hand I applied an amount of pressure on the remaining Gamorrean's neck firm enough to send it staggering into the wall until slumping over unconscious without killing it.

Moving ahead I surveyed the warehouse entrance as I then stood along side Bonaventure and Master Grovaak.

[​IMG]

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @Bodhran777

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Warehouse - Lothal

Master Runa closed his eyes and spoke after a few moments. "Perhaps we should take the lad up on his off..." the jedi master began, then the locked door was suddenly opened, either Master Grovaak's work had already borne fruit or they had been noticed and the doors opened from within.

Looks like Master Grovaak didn't need his viewing of the entry key code after all, not when a few Gamorrean guards, two armed with vibro-axes and the leader with a shock prod. Always good for opening a door and being armed, luckily with a squeal they were given knowledge they had nothing to dread.

This wasn't a planned meeting nor investigation, of course the notion of Gamorreans investigating was it's own special humor. Three of them moved forward and made quick work of the Gamorreans, each with their own respective flair for how to approach a problem. Looking down he sighed at the unlit plasma disk in his hand, he didn't even remember drawing it. With a sigh he turned to the thief, "What does one need to know for your path?" It seemed if they were going in might as well take multiple pathways to their goal. If you don't know what's waiting for you that felt like the best way to advance - on all fronts.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan , @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha , @Sarge , @TheRynJedi , @Bardan_Jusik
    , @ConservativeJedi321 , @Bodhran777

24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Lothal

The Jedi quickly handled their uninvited guests, some in more aggressive manners than others though Semajj seemed satisfied that none of the Gammorreans had been killed at least. "There are of course more subtle ways we could have achieved the same results." He spoke calmly, more for the sake of his Padawan than anyone else.

Jo Sodi returned to questioning the thief, though Semajj remained skeptical that whatever information he might provide would be valuable. The Ongree paced away from the pair, and subtly glanced through the door the guards had exited. "How long do you suppose before they are missed?"
    Either their crooked friend would reveal any relevant information now or.... "I probably wouldn't want to be here when reinforcements are sent to locate them." He looked at thief knowingly. It was possible he was a spy, in which case the intimidation tactic might lose some steam, but if a large skirmish broke out even if this Hutts scum weren't aiming for him he had to know he would find himself in a very precarious position.

Tags: @Bardan_Jusik, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Ananta Chetan, @Sarge, @TheRynJedi, @Bodhran777, @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Vanora was impressed indeed at how swiftly the Gamorreans were handled. She heard the comment about "subtler tactics," with amusement and the one about "reinforcements" with a pang of apprehension. They would need to make swift work of this search.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.