main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Legacy of the Guardians (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Cora & Claudius
    On the street outside the oyu'baat cafe, Keldabe, Mandalore

The battle around them was quick, and Claudius stayed protectively in front of Cora as she took a step back. It wasn't as if she was afraid, but she wasn't about to go rushing at the rest of the Mandalorians that were attacking them. She kept herself open to the force, just in case; but the battle was over shortly after it began, and the Mandalorian that she and Claudius had fought had flown away with the rest of them.

It was strange though, how they had no clan sigils. Cora stepped closer to Claudius, who tapped his fingers across her hip as a gesture of comfort. She looked back over at the others and then at the mysterious man who was watching them from the doorway. I wonder what he wants with us. Cora thought, curious. And what are we going to do if were being targeted. That couldn't have been a random attack. I wonder if they know something about us.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Black Coat

“Who am I?” He repeated in his own tone, glancing at the others. A slight shrug. “I’ll let your colleague speak as to my credentials.”

He also eyed Cora.

“I did my bit in the fight, of course.”

He glanced around. “So... second wave? Yes, no? Do we stay and take it, or move on?”

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence, @Bardan_Jusik

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update
    IC: Master Runa/Al Addin (NPCs)
    Inside the Warehouse, Lothal

It didn't take long for the Jedi to deal with the trio of Gamorrean guards. Of course those guards were used to using their size and ferocity to intimidate lesser oppnents than Jedi. Still, the Jedi could have taken on an entire legion of the guards and come away with the same result, though perhaps then with more bloodshed. As it was the guards had been downed without fatality or even permaent injury, though each would wake up with the worst headaches of their miserable lives. For now though the Jedi had unfettered access to the warehouse, and it seemed no alarm had been triggered by their swift action.

"What does one need to know for your path?" Knight Sodi asked, looking for more options. From their place in the entryway Addin sheepishly looked upwards at the windows that lined the upper reaches of the warehouse. "I was going to say sneak in through one of those and avoid making a commotion but it's too late now." He shrugged. At least it seemed that their sudden intrusion hadn't been noticed.

"How long do you suppose before they are missed?" This came from Knight Nosrep and again Addin answered, this time sarcastically. "They're Gamorreans, who is ever going to miss them?" He looked at the Ongree Jedi now as the latter added. "I probably wouldn't want to be here when reinforcements are sent to locate them." Addin swallowed hard at that. The people might be able to take on three Gamorreans without breaking a sweat, but the thief knew his only option against even one was to run. "I'm...I'm not sure." He said now stammering a bit. "I've never gotten inside this warehouse before." he smiled weakly. "Too much of a risk... without help."

It was clear now to Runa that the little thief had hoped the Jedi would run interference for him as he made off with whatever wares were stored here, but just what were those wares? Since they still hadn't been noticed he moved forward a bit to get a better look.

[​IMG]

The interior of the warehouse was vast, with lighting provided by electric torches hanging from the ceiling high above them. Additional lighting was provided by sunlight through the dirty windows the thief had pointed out a few moments ago, but even combined with the lights it did little to brighten the interior of the building, much of which was cloaked in darkness and shadow. Indeed, even at the open entryway the Jedi were cloaked in shadows, which had probably prevented their discovery even up until now.

Peering out form the shadows the Jedi could see that the warehouse was quite busy, filled with crates stacked high upon one another while labor droids added to the stacks, unloading more crates from the hover truck that had so recently arrived which were then sorted and placed on anti grav sleds before being moved off into the depths of the warehouse. Those labor droids seemed to be under the direct supervision of another droid, an old RA series protocol droid that kept referring to the data pad in it's hands. "The vipers I presume?" Master Runa spoke in a hushed tone, referring to the stylized snake's head that appeared on many of the crates.

[​IMG]

Above them was a series of catwalks above the storage floor, these were mostly empty though there was a glimpse of an organic, a Zygerrian, who was looking down on the droids below with a watchful eye, and a ready shock whip. Meanwhile, at the far end of the warehouse was a large office, at the same level as the catwalk. That seemed to be occupied as the lights inside were on, but the curtains were drawn over the windows and the Jedi couldn't see who or what was inside. There was a metal staircase here near the entrance that led up to the catwalk while there was a similar system at the other end along with what looked like a cargo lift from floor level to the office. if there were answers to all of this, Runa felt they would be found there.

Their thief "friend" meanwhile was eyeing the crates covetously. There were some large enough to comfortably seat a wookiee, while others were more like small wooden boxes that could fit in the palm of ones' hand. Sure the larger ones held the greater treasures the local thought, though one of the smaller ones would be much easier to make off with. "I wonder what's inside them..." he whispered aloud, not intending to be overheard by his new Jedi partners, though he surely was.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @Bodhran777

IC: Beskaryc Taab/Knight Troi (NPC)/Tor'ke (NPC)

“Who am I?” the cloaked man repeated in his own tone, glancing at the others. A slight shrug. “I’ll let your colleague speak as to my credentials.” Knight Troi took a moment to look at Taab. So he did indeed know this man. "He's a..." Taab paused though whether he was trying to come up proper description or a good lie Troi and the others didn't know. "An associate of a former employer." Taab finally decided upon. That didn't do much to assuage Troi's concern, at one time Taab had been a Jedi hunter.

“I did my bit in the fight, of course.” The cloaked man offered, and that was the truth Troi conceded, but the man stank of the dark side of the force. Could he have set this all up for their "benefit"? Troi put nothing past those who dabbled in the dark side of the force, yet he knew they would get no answers from him here. His skills lie in combat, not interrogation, not especially of dark siders. That meant bringing him before the council, but they had other matters to deal with first.

“So... second wave? Yes, no? Do we stay and take it, or move on?” Troi raised an eyebrow as if to ask the man "Second wave? You tell us?" but he refrained from verbalizing his question. Meanwhile Taab had bent low over the downed Mandalorian. "Why don't we ask him?" The man was starting to come around and so Taab stood him and removed the offender's buy'ce (helmet) so they could look him in the eye. Barely a moment passed before Taab realized his mistake.

The man's (and it was a human male, roughly 30 standard years of age Taab guessed) head snapped back as a bright yellow blaster bolt struck it from above. A few moments later the crack of the long distance shot was heard, but the prisoner was already dead. With a snarl Taab threw the man's body to the ground and looked in vain for the shooter's location, but it was not to be found. "Sniper, killed their own man to avoid questioning..." Troi's expression was one of disgust. "Cold move."

"The right move," Taab replied, it left them with no one to interrogate, no leads to follow on who was trying to kill them. Though glancing down at the body he realized that perhaps they had not been left totally without answers. "What do you make of that?" The toe of his armored boot pointed at markings on the dead man's jaw and neckline. "Tattoo." Troi responded, though it was their "guide" Tor'ke who provided a bit more insight. "It's a clan Kryze tattoo." Taab nodded to himself. That made sense, from what they had learned clan Kryze was one of the frontrunners for leadership, along of course with clan Vizsla and while Concordia was the stronghold for the latter House, the Kryze stronghold was much closer, if not somewhat less hospitable. "Sundari then, we need to get to Sundari." Tor'ke nodded in approval, seeming quite pleased with himself. "Let's get back to my ship then, and I'll take you there."

Troi looked to the others, Taab, Cora, Claudius and even the cloaked man. It seemed that the answers they sought might indeed be found there, in the domed city. "Fine, but you're coming with us," he pointed to the cloaked man. "We'd like to get to know you better." He said, his lie easily transparent to one so used to speaking in half truths. The fact of the matter was, this whole situation stank of the dark side, and he was their best lead.

Leaving the dead man behind they made their way quickly, but cautiously, to Keldabe's "spaceport". It was really just a field near the edge of the city, and though their caution was warranted, they moved unmolested through the winding narrow city streets of the old Mandalorian capital until they reached the dha werda and boarded. "Don't bother strapping yourselves in," Tor'ke told them all from the cockpit as they settled in the lounge area. "This will be a short flight." Sundari was located to the south of Keldabe, in the midst of the desert wastes created by ages of mandalorans wars, both civil and foreign. The areas north, near Keldabe had recovered, but the Sundari region had not. Still, they were close enough that the dha werda wouldn't need to break orbit to get there. "I'll uh..." he paused. "When we get there I'll be setting us down just outside the city." He paused again, seemingly in embarrassment. "Kryze knows this ship and won't let us land within the dome."

OOC: I know I moved us around a lot here, but our time in Keldabe was at an end and I wanted to move us along rather than waste time walking the streets there. :p Feel free to describe the short journey from Keldabe to Sundari. The dha werda is a Rogue Shadow class vessel with some modifications (no cloaking device for example), while Sundari will appear more or less as it did in TCW and Rebels, domed city surrounded by desert. I'll get us to Sundari in my next update, but feel free to "get to know each other" in the meantime. :p

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @Sinrebirth

IC: Master Vetruvious (NPC)
    Wilderness of Saridona Prime

Under the bright sun, halfway up one of the many mountains bordering the Valley of Light on the banks of a babbling brook some 20 kilometers from the temple was a small group of Jedi and their padawan learners. They had hiked out this far as a part of their apprentice training and were now resting, though resting here was something of a misnomer. On the west bank was Master Vetruvious who was leading the exercise, along with all of the apprentices. Though while he was sitting comfortably on a large rock, the padawans were all in the midst of doing handstands, some one handed, others two handed as commensurate with their own skills. As they did so he told them to close their eyes and concentrate, on what he didn't say, as he allowed them to explore their own connection to the force.

The warm sun beat down on his old and weathered face as birds flitted about in the tall green trees around him. He couldn't see any of it of course, he was blind, but he could feel them all in the force, just as he could feel the presence of padawans just a few meters in front of him. There was padawan Floki Firebeard of course, finally rescued from his tedious chores cleaning up around the Temple of Light. It was thought that this exercise would be good for him, not only the hike for ridding him of his excess energy, but the thoughtful contemplation they were attempting to undergo now. Attempt was the right word with Firebeard, who struggled to even maintain his form standing on two hands, he wiggled about like a worm on a hook trying to maintain his balance. "Relax," the jedi master said to him (and the others) in a soothing tone. "Let the force flow through you." The padawan's master was away on a mission, and so perhaps the young man's mind was not here as it should have been.

The same issue seemed to be of little consequence for padawan Bovie, the Gran padawan to Knight Troi. His master too was out on an assignment, but from the padawan, Vetruvious sensed nothing but contentment at his current place. Not that it seemed to be helping the padawan stay balanced, he too was on two hands, though he seemed to be doing better than Firebeard. The Gran had struggled mightily with the trek up the mountain, more so than any of the others, and so even upside down this seemed like a well needed respite.

Next to him was padawan Isabella, she had recently been through a traumatic experience but seemed to be well on the mend. This exercise would hopefully clear her mind and continue her recovery. Her master was Knight Reese, who stood on the opposite bank of the brook, watching over his padawan with a measured eye. Standing beside Reese was Knight Giim, who was watching his own padawan, Elle, with a look of disdain for the whole affair. Vetruvious could feel the emotion mirrored by Gim's padawan as she easily mastered a one handed handstand and sighed loudly in boredom.

The last two padawans were Ugem'bivi, the young twi'lek girl that many in the Temple called Bivi and Sai, a somewhat more headstrong human padawan who had several years on her. Indeed he was probably nearing Knighthood himself, though Vetruvious had heard nothing about him preparing for the Trials from Sai's master, the Zabrak Knight Hus who stood along with the Lorrdian Knight Vaa'nsh, Bivi's master, next to Gim and Reese on the opposite bank.

"Through the force you will see things," he began, it was an old litany, one these padawans had no doubt heard a thousand times before, and they would hear it a thousand times again. "Other places," his voice was calm and measured as he closed his own useless eyes and felt the warmth of the sun on his face. "The future, the past," it was almost noon now and after the lesson they would head back down the mountain to the Temple lest they be caught outside after dark. Not that there was anything dangerous out here that would threaten a Jedi after nightfall.

"Old friends long gone..."

TAG: @Kato Sai @The Vanguard

OOC: Welcome to the game to you both. Feel free to introduce us all to your characters here, in what is a calm and peaceful setting to get your feet wet in the game. Things will ramp up for you soon enough. :p

Any questions from anyone, PM me or ask in the GoL fanclub.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Master Dorran Hus and Padawan Kato Sai

Master Dorran stood at the base of the mountajn, his legs crossed and his eyes shut. All around him was a cnaopy of tree trunks that rose to become emerald sentinels. The Jedi Master was drifting into a serene state when it was interrupted by the hum of a lightsaber. The Zabrak Jedi Master’s eye opened, the grey pupil fixed on the sight of his Apprentice.

Kato swung his peridot green blade which crackled as it met branches of trees that tore off lesving a molten orange scar that turned to black. He felt restless and while he had not intend to cut at the dead branches, it did sooth his soul. The Human Padawan did not enjoy idleness, he much preferred dueling and adventure, something that his Master did not encourage.

Kato heard his name called, he descrivated hus saber and clipped it to his black leather belt. His short spiked brown hair blew in the wind and his blue robes flapped as he ran to his Master.

Master Dorran rose from the Lotus position as he saw his Padawan emerge.

“What have I told you? There is a time to practice the saber and a time to meditate.”

Kato bowed his head, “Yes Master, sorry Master.”

Dorran stroked his pale chin. “Restless.. always restless. You best get control of it or lead you to dark place it will.”

Kato nodded, “Yes Master.”

The Master Jedi shook his head, his horns like a crown of Firaxan shark teeth. Kato always made sure to step back when his Master shook his head.

“Now.. let us begin the hike.”

Kato nodded.

The two began to trek a trial that lead deep into the woods, the incline transformed the flat road into steps of rock and earth. Kato drew heavy breaths, while his Master seemed unfazed. Dorran cold hear his apprentice struggling in his breaths, a wonder since the young pupil spent so much time in the dueling dojo at the Temple grounds. The two of them came to a statue, it was 6 meters tall and was of a robbed being holding two sabers, one in each hand.

Kato took a deep breath. “Master.. who.. is that?”

Dorran eyed the statue and replied, “Josch Decinchi, he was a Grandmaster of the Order. He helped rebuild the Guardians of Light.”

Kato could see his Master was in an almost trance like state, something that happened often when they encountered something deserving of reverence. The Padawan tried to bring his Master back.

“Ahem.. shall we carry on Master?”

Dorran stirred.

“Ye..yes, lets move on my apprentice.”

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sarge Bonaventure
    What's in the Box?

I slid through the shadows into the warehouse, trying to move silently. There was enough noise from the droids shifting crates around that I wasn't terribly worried about being overheard, but it's always good to practice stealth... especially when you're in the act of breaking and entering.

With so many generic crates to choose from, I didn't bother trying to identify any one in particular. I closed my eyes and put out my hand, trusting that the Force could guide me to something worthwhile.

The box I touched seemed as anonymous as all the others around it. I paused for a moment, listening for the workers. None of them seemed to be nearby or moving my way at the moment. I lightly tapped the box with my knuckles, being careful to keep the noise down so it wouldn't be heard over the distant droids at work. With my other hand I brushed my fingertips lightly against the surface of the crate, picking up the vibrations my other hand was making, feeling the way they moved through the container, trying to sense if there was anything unusual in its construction or contents. Nothing was apparent.

Well, then, time to open it up and see with my eyes. I briefly considered my saber, but it didn't seem wise to risk that particular noise, not to mention the light, especially when there were other options. I grabbed my multi-tool from my belt and quietly pried at the lid of the crate.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @Bodhran777

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Vanora sensed the droid(s) and the light sentient presence in the warehouse with part of her awareness. She looked over the boxes curiously. Was she supposed to search within? She waited for a cue from one of the Knights/Masters.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  7. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan
    Lothal Discount Warehouse

Aspirants often presume that the youthful propensity towards mischief decreases accordingly with a Jedi's rise in rank.

Protectively flanking Bonaventure as he was absorbed in an attempt to surmise the contents of one of the crates, I was tempted to manifest a little playful diversion into the warehouse environment, one which I gave into freely.

Sinking back into the raised hood of my Master's robes, I closed my eyes for a moment then opened them pointing a single finger at the RA series protocol droid that continued to fidget and move about dispersing orders to its comrades. Then I focused my Force-concentration until I could feel the full weight of the metal foreman.

Then I began to lift.

Slowly, without drawing any initial attention, even to itself, the shiny robot ascended towards the Zygerian with the shockwhip above on the catwalk. Eventually the protocol droid began flailing its arms, as if to try to control its flight, and in turn began bumping into several stacks of crates dislodging them on its fellow robot co-workers below. Finally reaching a near circuit-melting panic attack, I spun the droid around mid-air and let it hover face-to-face before the cat-like henchmen, barely able to hear its final words.

I didn't know I had it in me.

TAG @Bardan_Jusik @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @Bodhran777

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Vanora glanced over at Master Chetan and noticed the way he was putting the protocol droid through involuntary acrobatics. She smothered an outright laugh.

Ananta Chetan and Sarge like this.
  9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Warehouse

Semajj wasn't so sure Master Chetan's diversion was entirely necessary. Particularly as Protocol Droids weren't exactly known to float with ease, which any observer might find suspicious. Though they had no reason to think there were Jedi on the premises they likely would deduce that something was out of the ordinary. Neither was Semajj particularly interested in whatever was inside the crates. These were criminals surely, whatever products they were selling likely wouldn't be legal. "Keep an eye out for an odorous Rodian. That is the being me and Jo followed from the library, he checked out all the information they had on a Jedi Temple that exists somewhere on this planet."
    The Ongree continued walking, keeping himself in the shadows but checking the faces of any organics that were within his eyeline in the warehouse. Their target must still be in here somewhere. If they could find him, they could interrogate him and perhaps learn a thing or two about what was going on here.

Tags: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Bardan_Jusik, @Sarge, @TheRynJedi, @Mitth_Fisto, @Bodhran777

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jo Sodi
    Warehouse on Lothal

Looking around quietly he let the others talk and muse, as for himself he found himself grasping his black unlit plasma disk tightly. "I'll scout above, see what I can see. Maybe find where that stolen knowledge got to." With a solid nod he went to a dark corner and when the Force felt clear he leapt up to the rafters, where he could slink in his dark robes and observe as many as possible. Leaving the others to the boxes and floor. Something was going on here and none of it was truly adding up yet, but Force willing they would get to the bottom of this.

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Bardan_Jusik, @Sarge, @TheRynJedi, @ConservativeJedi321 , @Bodhran777

11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora and Claudius

Cora was glad that the fight was over, and she moved her hand down to her stomach for a moment as the member of Clan Kryze was killed after Taab started to question him. She sighed and felt Claudius put his arm protectively around her shoulders before he led her back to the others. Sundari? I doubt that will be any safer. Still, she followed the others to the ship, wondering what Clan Kryze really wanted with them. She was also curious about the cloaked man, and glanced at him every so often.

By the time they got back on the ship, Cora felt she needed to sit down. She looked over at the cloaked man once she did, Claudius standing nearby. She frowned a little and then asked, "So...your a Mandalorian then? Where do you come from? Mandalore or one of the colonies?"

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @Sinrebirth

Bardan_Jusik and Sinrebirth like this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update

Addin watched with what could only be described as eager anticipation as Knight Bonaventure pried the lid off the nearest crate. He was sure the contents were going to be of immense value, and his only quandary now was deciding to gran what he could and run once it was opened or waiting around to see if the Jedi would discover something even more valuable. He rocked side to side, shifting his weight from his left foot to his right and back again as the lid became looser and looser. Oh this was so exciting he could hardly stand it. He felt the calming presence of the Mon Cal behind him as Master Runa placed a hand on his shoulder. "Patience," the Mon Cal whispered to him, though it didn't seem to do much good. After what seemed like an eternity to the young thief the lid was finally loose enough to lift off the crate, which Bonaventure did slowly and carefully so as to avoid making a commotion, though he needn't have bothered at that point, the distraction caused by Master Chetan was causing enough of a commotion that none of the droids were paying any attention to the still undiscovered Jedi.

Indeed, the distraction was no providing not just a moment of levity for the young padawan Vanora, but also a bit of information for Knight Sodi (who had managed to reach the upper levels of the catwalk unnoticed) as well as Knight Nosrep as the odious twi'lek who had led them here in the first place emerged from the office on the far side of the warehouse to see what all the fuss was about. The Zygerrian looked at him and shrugged, unsure of what to do. The twi'lek merely sighed, but didn't seem overly surprised. "Get him down, and then figure out which crate caused this anomaly!" The Zygerrian didn't look to happy at that prospect as he grabbed at the floating droid's shoulders and tried to push it back down towards the ground. The twi'lek meanwhile had spun around and gone back into the office, not sparing the droid or it's predicament another glance.

All of this of course was of no concern to Al Addin who quickly blurted out. "What is it? What's inside?" The commotion caused by the Zygerrian attempting to corral the floating droid still prevented him from being overheard. The thief rushed forward, unwilling to wait for an answer, and peered inside. "It's a...rock?" He said in confusion as his enthusiasm wilted. This was not only something of no value at all, it was far to heavy to abscond with anyway. Was everything here going to be something so...pedestrian?

"Not a rock," said Master Runa cautiously, "A part of a rock...or a wall..." he stroked his chin thoughtfully. There was something familiar here, not a presence exactly but a sense of familiarity with the object inside the crate. It was indeed a chiseled out portion of a large boulder, or perhaps as Master Runa thought, a stone wall. The block was roughly hewn on one side, though the other seemed to be flat, and was about the size of astromech droid. On the flat side something had been etched into the stone, a depiction (partial in this case as the stone had been broken off) of a Loth wolf. All that was present was a part of the wolf's head, and it was obvious to Runa now that this was just a portion of what was obviously a much larger mural of some sort. He now also recognized the familiar presence of the force on this "rock."

"Master Chetan, Knight Nosrep does this look familiar to either of you?" He knew the former was the Guardian of the Temple vault, and was familiar therefor with a multitude of force imbued relics. The latter had done considerable research on Lothal and as such might also recognize it if it was indeed something sourced locally.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @Bodhran777 @TheRynJedi

OOC: Just because it's been awhile. The office is on the same "level" as the catwalk and indeed the catwalks lead right to it.

• Ananta your character would have recognized the as similar in style to an old relic in the Temple Vault, said to be from an ancient Jedi Temple.
    • CJ3221, your character would recognize it as a portion of the Jedi Temple that once stood on Lothal.

IC: Beskaryc Taab/Knight Troi (NPC)
    Aboard the dha werda, skimming above the surface of Mandalore

As the unique transport ran low over the surface towards Sundari, Taab moved forward to the cockpit to see what Tor'ke was doing as the others waited in the lounge. "Staying low to avoid the Protectors," the mercenary explained. Taab nodded at that. It was the Protectors who had shot his shuttle down, better to stay low and avoid detection on their sensor nets. "And House Kryze?" Taab asked. "You said they would know this ship?" Tor'ke stiffened at the question, and Taab surmised there was much more there than the old mercenary was letting on. He had a history with Clan Kryze, one that was unsavory enough that he wasn't willing to share. "Well that's why we're putting down outside the city. We can approach on foot..." Taab didn't like that idea one bit, but if it was the only way to get inside the city and gets some answers then it was the path they would have to follow. A short while later he set the dha werda down in a small canyon, far enough outside the dome that it wouldn't be noticed by any patrols.

Exiting the vessel, Tor'ke took the time to activate it's security features, "This is a well known smuggler hole, I wouldn't want anything to happen to her," before they all began their trek on foot. It would be a 5 kilometer journey, one that could be quickly travelled even by jetpack, though it seemed Taab and Tor'ke were the only two so equipped. That meant doing things the old fashioned way. "You need a bike on the ship," Taab remarked though that wouldn't really have helped them here, one bike wouldn't be enough for Troi, Cora, Claudius and the dark robed man who had so far managed to evade any manner of questioning sent his way. That didn't really bother Taab, he knew enough of the being to know he was more trouble than he was worth. Troi though seemed determined to bring him back to the Temple of Light, along with any information they could find here at Sundari regarding clan Kryze's intentions.

Approaching the domed city after their long and tiring journey they found it was mostly closed off. Entrance was only being allowed at a few guarded checkpoints. Gates, some reserved for airborne arrivals and others for speeders. "They're hunkering down, digging in." Taab said as Troi nodded in agreement. "Like they're preparing for a siege." Taab frowned behind his faceplate at that. What had them so spooked that they felt the need to take such precautions? Were things here even worse than Keldabe? "We need t find a way in, one that bypasses their security." Troi looked to the others. "Any ideas?"

Wilderness of Saridona Prime

"Old friends long gone..." The blind Jedi master trailed off as the padawan did their best to maintain their form while also relaxing their minds. The elderly jedi inhaled deeply, enjoying the summer sun on his dark and wrinkled skin. "Tell me, padawan Floki, what do you see?" the Zordic padawan nearly fell over at the sound of his name. He was struggling enough as it was to maintain his two handed handstand, though despite his gyrations, he did manage to maintain his balance. "I see fire." The padawan said bluntly, and unsurprisingly to those who knew him. Floki always aw either fire or ice. The wizened jedi master smiled at the simple answer before moving on to the next padawan.

"And you, padawan Bovie." The Gran's calm attitude had allowed him to balance more easily than Floki had. "What do you see?" The Gran's eyes flitted about back and forth behind his eyelids as he grimaced in revulsion to what he saw. "I see...my master." He shuddered and fell to the ground, his eyes opening in alarm as padawan Elle snickered at his fall behind his back. "I saw my master, Knight Troi, fighting armored beings and a black lightsaber..." Elle chuckled again, who had ever heard of a black lightsaber she thought to herself even as Master Vetruvious tried to calm padawan Bovie. "It is the future you see..." he intoned, which wasn't much comfort to the Gran padawan though Vetruvious had turned his attention now to padawan Isabella.

"And you, what do you see?" She too was standing upside down in a near effortless handstand as her master, Knight Reese, looked on with pride. "I see it too..." she said slowly, clearly referring to padawan Gran's vision. "No wait," she said as Vetruvious raised an eyebrow. "It's not Knight Troi, it's...other Jedi." She seemed confused for a moment. "I don't recognize them, but they are Jedi and they are fighting in a great battle..." She began to struggle now to maintain her form as the images she saw discomforted her. "Describe them." Vetruvious called out to her, hoping that describing them would sooth her mind.

"It's a Togruta, an adult woman, fighting with a white lightsaber..." Elle laughed again. First black lightsabers and now white ones. Where did they come up with this? "And a young man, human. He has a metal arm." Knight Reese shifted uncomfortably at that. He too had a mechanical right arm. "He wields his blue blade with such strength..." she almost seemed enraptured by the image in her mind. "...such power." She inhaled deeply and moved on. "There is another, a man, a bald human with dark skin and a purple lightsaber..." Elle sighed loudly. Black, white and purple blades. It was a bit much for her though Isabella hadn't finished yet.

"They are all working together, fighting against a the coming darkness. A darkness that pervades everything..."

Vetruvious shook his head at that. "No child, what you see is the past." He recognized her descriptions of some of the greatest Jedi of the Clone Wars. "That is a darkness long since dealt with." Padawan Isabella flipped herself to standing upright and frowned. She didn't think that was right, this seemed like something that had not yet happened, but she didn't correct the wizened old master.

"And padawan Elle?" The question to Knight Giim's padawan forced her from her own hand stand as she too effortlessly transitioned to being upright. "What did you see?" The young woman shrugged and then much to her own master's chagrin answered simply. "Nothing." Vetruvious likewise frowned though he didn't press the girl. Sometimes the force had nothing to say. "And you padawans Ugem'bivi and Sai. "What did you see?"

TAG: @Kato Sai @The Vanguard

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Vanora peered in fascination at the discovery. There was a sense of something entwined with the Force, not sentient but imubed somehow.

She pondered what such a thing could be doing on Lothal.

14. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Sanchari felt herself drawn to the stone in the crate. It felt familiar, like something from a dream -- no, a vision!

"This be related to the vision I saw, of the place that be 'between'. That the dark ones be trying to unlock." Sanchari shivers slightly as she peers at the carving. "There be echoes of great power on this stone."

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine Bonaventure
    Rolling the Rock

"Very good, Sanchari! What else are we supposed to be looking for... a door, a lock... ?"

I grabbed an imager from my utility belt and snapped pics of the stone from several different angles. They might be useful for more detailed analysis later, especially if we had to leave without the artifact. Or, Light forbid, destroy it to keep it out of the wrong hands.

Subliminal warmth flowed through me as I worked. Either this stone was truly imbued with the power of the Force, or it was a large chunk of very radioactive rock. If this thing messes up my genes, I'd better get some cool mutant superpowers out of it.

TAG: @TheRynJedi @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @Bodhran777

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Knight Jo Sodi

Finding himself able to get up to a better vantage point he noted that no one seemed to have noticed him up here. Also no one seemed to be coming from the commotion the others were making in opening a crate. So far the Force was with them.

He spotted the odious twi'lek who had led them here in the first place emerged from the office on the far side of the warehouse to see what all the fuss was about. The Zygerrian looked at him and shrugged, unsure of what to do. The twi'lek merely sighed, but didn't seem overly surprised. "Get him down, and then figure out which crate caused this anomaly!" The Zygerrian didn't look to happy at that prospect as he grabbed at the floating droid's shoulders and tried to push it back down towards the ground. The twi'lek meanwhile had spun around and gone back into the office, not sparing the droid or it's predicament another glance.

So this wasn't odd in the warehouse? Interesting. Looking back down as the thief was noisy he spotted what the fuss was about. Painted rocks that seemed odd in the Force. Interesting.

He couldn't tell details from this far away but noted with the two organics reactions to a floating droid. Well, it was telling that this was definitely something that the Jedi should be protecting or investigating, not normal people that didn't really know what they were messing with. Nodding to himself he began sneaking his way to the Twi'leks office. Perhaps from above he sneak inside and subdue the man or sneak in and download a copy of the data stored in the warehouse before the group spooked anyone.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @Bardan_Jusik , @ConservativeJedi321 @Bodhran777 @TheRynJedi

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Master of Masters
    Aboard the dha werda, skimming above the surface of Mandalore

Absently settling in as they zoomed across the planet, he frowned at the others. Troi, Cora, Claudius, Tor'ke and of course Taab, who he really needed some more one on one time with. "Wellllll," he said, speaking up. "I'd usually suggest a distraction and then another team finds a way in. Mandalore has been pretty paranoid since the GA abandoned them to die as they retreated. Then all that messy fighting over the throne thanks to Hondo Karr... it's a thing. I would love to bamboozle the guards, if you so wish, but I'd rather like to be paired with Beskaryc, if I could."

He oozed disdain for the situation.

They were supposed to be Mandalorians and Jedi.

Sort it out already.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence, @Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  18. Bodhran777

Bodhran777 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2019
    IC: Padawan Jaal Volmiir, Master Grovaak

While the main group was inspecting the hunk of stone, Jaal was silently picking his way through the warehouse aisles, careful to avoid being spotted. As he went, he tried to make out the contents of other boxes from their labels. Where there were no labels, he tried gaining insight from the Force. In the time before the mission, Grovaak had explained to him how psychometry worked, and had been attempting to learn the ability for himself, though to underwhelming results. He was confident in his ability to throw an object with the Force, but he was not oblivious to the fact that throwing and smashing would not be the answer to all his problems.

Meanwhile, Grovaak was with the main group studying the stone and its mysterious etching. The fact that one side was flat-cut meant that it was likely intentionally manufactured, as this was not the typical type of stone that naturally occurred perfectly flat. The rough hewing on the opposite side lead Grovaak to think it may have been a wall meant to be hidden, and the rough side would be exterior. Or else, it was unceremoniously removed from its designated home on account of the carving of the wolf. Indeed, he had seen a few instances of art theft where a thief had removed a mural as a whole slab in order to preserve the actual art, though that most times resulted in the total destruction of the wall.

Reaching a hand out, he let his fingers hover over the stone, while he tapped into the flow of the Force around the object and tried to determine its origin, the act of carving, the act of taking…anything. If they could find out who took the stone in the first place, they might be able to track them down for questions.

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @Bardan_Jusik , @ConservativeJedi321 @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto

19. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan
    Jedi Rocks

Master Chetan, Knight Nosrep does this look familiar to either of you?

Master Runa's inquiry mercifully forced me to put an end to my droid-levitating shenanigans. Turning back to the group I took a moment to inspect the piece and then let my meticulous-to-a-fault mind sift through its memories of what was contained in the Temple vault, but I suppose that's why I had been given the job to begin with. Observing as Runa rotated the stone again in his hands a wave a familiarity washed over me.

Yes, oh yes. It definitely bears a striking resemblance, even feeling of one of our artifacts.

And at the risk of sounding absurd, is there not a sort of.....transcendental vibration emanating from it? As if it is somehow linked to an unfamiliar plane of existence?

Perhaps touched by the Force itself in a way beyond our understanding of what we believe to be possible?

I then paused to have a look around at my colleagues to see now how many of them might be looking back at me as if I were speaking Shyriiwook.

Collecting my robes around me I took a deep breath and stroked my bearded chin pacing momentarily before again speaking.

I also remember that some time back I even took the aforementioned piece and meditated with it in my chambers, somehow intuitively prompted to do so, taking copious notes afterwards, but upon re-reading them later found that they appeared as gibberish to me and related to nothing intellectually relevant.

TAG: @Bodhran777 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @Bardan_Jusik , @ConservativeJedi321 @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto

20. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Lothal

"It's a...rock?" The boys words drew Semajj's attention back to the group gathered around the crates only after a couple moments.
    "Not a rock, A part of a rock...or a wall..." Master Runa corrected the lad.
    "Master Chetan, Knight Nosrep does this look familiar to either of you?"

The Ongree took a couple small steps back in their direction and observed the object, quietly contemplating what it may be. One of the Padawans was the first to pipe up. "This be related to the vision I saw, of the place that be 'between'. That the dark ones be trying to unlock." Sanchari shivers slightly as she peers at the carving. "There be echoes of great power on this stone."
    "Very good, Sanchari! What else are we supposed to be looking for... a door, a lock... ?" Sarge encouraged the young apprentice.

It was Master Chetan however who spoke up first.
    "Yes, oh yes. It definitely bears a striking resemblance, even feeling of one of our artifacts." Yes the force was strong in this area, Semajj was suprised that he hadn't pondered on that more.

"And at the risk of sounding absurd, is there not a sort of.....transcendental vibration emanating from it? As if it is somehow linked to an unfamiliar plane of existence?" Semajj closed his eyes, leaning into this feeling hoping it would guide him to the missing connection. "I also remember that some time back I even took the aforementioned piece and meditated with it in my chambers, somehow intuitively prompted to do so, taking copious notes afterwards, but upon re-reading them later found that they appeared as gibberish to me and related to nothing intellectually relevant.
    Perhaps touched by the Force itself in a way beyond our understanding of what we believe to be possible?"

The words were briefly drowned out by his own contemplations, thinking back to his research, his expectations... this object was touched by the force, had a dusty beige exterior and even from his vantage some dozen feet behind his grouped companions he could make out the partial carving of a Loth-wolf. "This bares a striking resemblance to paintings drawn on the Killik mounds from this area of the galaxy I saw during my research at the Temple..." and just like a giant piece of the puzzle fell in place for him, he didn't know if it was the force granting him clarity or just his own mind working wonders again but he knew "This is a piece of a Jedi Temple..... the Jedi Temple that stood on Lothal." His eyes went wide with surprise at the revelation and he swiftly moved closer once more to make sure his eyes weren't deceiving him. "What is it doing here?"

OOC: Sorry it took me so long to respond.
    Tags: @Bardan_Jusik, @Ananta Chetan, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Sarge, @Bodhran777, @Mitth_Fisto, @TheRynJedi

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  21. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    GM Approved [face_skull]

“What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?” -Paarthurnax TESV.

Character's Name: Markus Solari
    Species: Korunnai
    Rank/Affiliation: Jedi Initiate
    Languages: Galatic Basic, Bardottan Language
    Residence: The Bardottan monastery
    [​IMG]
    Home Planet: Bardotta
    [​IMG]

Character Traits:
    Personality: Markus is boisterous, exuberant, unorthodox, and a bit naive. Markus looks at the galaxy as one big playground where the good guys win, and the bad guys always lose.
    Habits/Mannerisms: Thinks out loud, making it seem like he's talking to himself.
    Likes: Keeping himself busy, training, reading, fighting, honor, and justice.
    Dislikes: Criminals, Imperials, Sith, Evil people (depends on Markus' point of view.)
    Racial Traits: Strongly attuned to the force, specifically the Dark Side, but he fights hard to resist its beckoning call.
    Strengths and Weaknesses: Highly inventive, passionate, and self-motivating. Markus tends to dehumanize people he considers evil. Highly sensitive to criticism. Prone to letting his emotions take control at times.
    Physical Strengths and Weaknesses: Markus is agile, and his body is strong. However, Markus has a genetic defect that makes the left leg slightly shorter than the other causing him to walk and run with a limp.

It doesn't slow Markus down, but it just means that he can't increase his speed naturally with exercise.

Looks:

[​IMG]

Eye Color: Brown
    Hair/Fur: Black
    Skin Color: dark
    Clothing: as seen above

Biography:
    As a Korrunite, his people were hunted down to near extinction by the Galatic empire many years ago. Specifically, his descendants became refugees and managed to escape the Empire's grasp by traveling to Bardotta, where the Dayogan order accepted them.

For generations, his family would cut off their connection to the force and their offspring to not have their true nature dominate their destiny as the Dark Side always came so easy to them.

Markus's parents chose to cut themselves as the time came. Eventually, Markus discovered both his force sensitivity and dark nature during a session at the play yard at the age of 16. Markus got so angry at his teachers for punishing him unfairly. This wave of anger caused Markus to lash out with the power of the force.

[​IMG]

The only thing that prevented Markus from killing his teachers was his parents. After that incident, Markus had to choose. Cut himself off from the force forever and continue living on Bardotta or continue having the force but be exiled from Bardotta until he mastered them. Markus was in agony over his choice, but in the end, he chose to embrace the force, choosing to live with the burdens that came with his nature, seeking to master them.

Parents:

[​IMG]
    (Father: Jahn Solari)

[​IMG]
    (Mother: Jeanice Solari)

Miscellaneous:

Lightsaber: N/A
    Combat Forms: None
    Strong Area of the Force: On the physical side, things like Force speed, strength, push, and pull come naturally to Markus.
    Weak Area of the Force: Markus has trouble tapping into the light side of the force due to his nature. Markus can tap into it. It's just a lot harder for him.
    Pets: none
    Weapons: none
    Starship (if any): WTK-85A interstellar transport

[​IMG]

Droid (if any): none

Mitth_Fisto and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  22. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Mitth_Fisto and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: I'm around, just every time I set aside some time to write the next update life comes at me with something new. Mostly good stuff revolving around my son's baseball team (extra practices and games added to the schedule is always a good thing, but makes planning difficult) and 8th grade graduation events for my daughter. Could be as early as today for an update, but more than likely we're looking at early next week. Sorry for the delay folks. Just look at it as a test of patience and an opportunity for all you jetiise to meditate on the meaning of your own belly button lint. :p

24. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    OOC: Hey, I resemble that remark. :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update

"This be related to the vision I saw, of the place that be 'between'. That the dark ones be trying to unlock." Sanchari shivered slightly as she peered at the carving. "There be echoes of great power on this stone." Master Runa made a gasping sound at the Ryn's sudden exclamation. He had not expected that, and certainly not from a child. Knight Pereigrine fortunately was much more nurturing. "Very good, Sanchari! What else are we supposed to be looking for... a door, a lock... ?" He asked as he began documenting the large rough hewn stone. Even as he did so Master Chetan, the keeper of the Temple vault added to the artifact's provenance noting it's similarity to artifacts held there. But what was it, where had it come from? Knight Nosrep had the answers to those questions.

"This is a piece of a Jedi Temple..... the Jedi Temple that stood on Lothal." His eyes went wide with surprise, mirroring the look on Master Runa's face at the revelation, and he swiftly moved closer once more to make sure his eyes weren't deceiving him. "What is it doing here?" Runa looked to him. "Now that is a very good question," he replied looking to where padawan Volmiir had been busy probing several of the other crates nearby. Each was labelled with a barcode and the Viper emblem, but nothing more. Perhaps the droids could read the code for a list of contets, but their meaning was beyond the ability of the jedi to read. Still, Jedi had other senses upon which to draw, and though most of the crates, regardless of size, registered as devoid of attachment to the force a few of them did seem to have some trace force connection.

Two of these, smaller boxes no more than a handlength in size clearly contained kyber crystals, their "singing" could now be heard by all the Jedi here now that they knew to "listen" for it. As far as Runa knew, Lothal was not native to any such crystals, so they must have been imported. Meanwhile the contents of the other crates and boxes remained a mystery for the time being, at least until the Jedi found a way to read the barcodes or simply tore the crates open themselves.

Above them, on the catwalk leading to the main office Knight Jo Sodi may have found the answer to the mystery. The twi'lek and the a Hutt, clearly the one in charge, were speaking. Of course they were speaking Huttese, which may have been a problem for many, but not for Sodi who fortunately was fluent in understanding, though not speaking the language. "The last shipment from Jedha has just arrived your excellency," the twi'lek began as he referred to a datapad in his hand." The corpulent Hutt seemed pleased at hearing that before responding.

"And the client?" It slathered slime all over it's lips. "They were unhappy but willing to wait until the entire consignment was put together before accepting delivery. We will be shipping out the entire batch of crystals by tomorrow evening."

**BURP**, the Hutt belched loudly apparently pleased at that notion. "We still have no buyer for the Temple remains, though there have been some inquiries from Exo..."

"Keepuna," the Hutt was not pleased. "He never buys, just inquires." The Hutt shook it's enormous head as much as it could. "The shipping costs alone make it impossible, find someone closer." The twi'lek made a note on another datapad. "Meanwhile we still have the auction to prepare for, invitations to send, manifests to prepare...." He pointed to a large stack of datapads that from his vantage point above them Sodi could see had images of various amulets, pendants and ancient leather bound tomes on them, all purported in their captions to be either imbued with or somehow connected to the the force. "Get rid of the Temple stone at the auction or destroy it, it takes up too much space." The hutt now ordered still oblivious to the Jedi lurking above them as the twi'lek bowed deeply. "Of course your excellency, of course."

TAG: @Ananta Chetan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sarge @TheRynJedi @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321 @Bodhran777

OOC: Going to be wrapping this next part up as there doesn't appear to be much appetite for it. We will of course return to Mandalore later as this just sets up a future plot thread.

IC: Beskaryc Taab/Knight Troi (NPC)
    Aboard the dha werda, headed home

The swirl of hyperspace surrounded Taab as he peered out from the forward cockpit of the dha werda. They were en route back to Temple of Light as Taab thought over what happened in the last few hours. His shoulder ached where the his armor plates had barely kept out the House Kryze blaster bolts, and his knees were sore from running, but he was alive. Of course, not everyone in their group could say the same. He shook his head and coughed as he removed his buy'ce (helmet) and clipped it to his belt, leaving Knight Troi alone in the cockpit to guide their jpurney "home".

First moving aft and then forward, the Mandalorian made his way past the lounge where Goran (Knight Cora) and Loverboy (Claudius) were seated together at the cu'bikad table, though the unit was deactivated. The former was sitting there, a thousand yard stare on her face as the Chiss attempted to comfort her. Taab grimaced, after what they had just gone though, he didn't blame them.

They had infiltrated the city of Sundari easily enough, for all their reputation as a warrior people, Mandalorians sometimes were too easily fooled, especially by a group of Jedi. Of course that had only gotten them so far and it wasn't long before their presence had been noticed in the locked down city. That shouldn't have surprised Taab, despite the ease to which the city had been infiltrated, there were still Mandalorians they were dealing with.

He had been surprised when the roving patrol had called out Tor'ke, their guide and maser of the dha werda, by name. It was clear they recognized him, and it wasn't out of friendship. A running battle then erupted, between the group of Guardians and the mandalorians loyal to house Kryze who ruled the city. Taab himself had lost count of how many blaster shots his armor had taken, and how many he had dished out even as the Guardians and been forced to reveal their identity as jedi, using theiri jetii'kade (lightsaber) to defend themselves. That of course had seemed to enrage the Mandalorians all the more, and called down the city's entire reserve of soldiers down upon them. It was too much even for the jedi to consider advancing, and their only option had been to attempt retreat from the domed city.
    Pursued the entire way, Tor'ke had been gravely wounded. As the Jedi gathered around to protect their fallen comrade he told Taab what this was all about. How he was a disgraced member of House Kryze, and that he had seen the darksaber the elder Mandalorian carried and recognized it for what it was. He hoped to trade Taab, his compatriots and the darksaber to his House in an attempt to regain his own name and a place within his clan, while giving Kryze the authority to rule the planet once again. "Mand'alore Karr was murdered," he has said. "Poisoned." He gave a look to the dark cloaked man and shook his head. No one was sure who had done it, but poison wasn't the Mandalorian way. However, nor was the treachery that Tor'ke had planned to commit on them. "Forgive me," he had said as he turned over the command codes of the dha werda to Taab, allowing him to take possession of it as Knight Troi used his own lightsaber to cut open an escape route through Sundari's dome. Tor'ke then made one last motion to Taab, and used his last breath to implore upon him to use the darksaber to "unify our people, this is the way." Taab could do nothing more in the moment than to solemnly respond in kind.

Once out of the confines of the city dome the jedi were able to move much more freely and so they had managed to make their way back to the dha werda and make orbit without too much effort. From there the decision hade been made to head back to Saridona Prime and the Temple of Light. The situation on Mandalore was far worse than they had believed, the planet was on the verge of full scale civil war. The Council had to be informed.

There was also the matter of the mysterious stranger who had taken an interest in them. Knight Troi wanted him brought before the council for questioning, Taab disagreed but he had been in no position to argue the point. Sighing loudly now he entered the cargo bay, and headed straight past the miniaturized carbon freezing chamber for the last rack, where the slabs of carbonite hung. He quickly found what he was looking for and it brought a small smile to his lips. He might not have been able to argue against bringing the dark robed man back with them, but at least he had managed to insist on his manner of transport. The Mandalorian checked on the carbonite slab's life system's monitor, pleased that the mysterious dark robed man had survived the freezing process and was in perfect stasis. "Don't worry dar'jetii," he whispered to the slab as he patted it gently. "We'll get you thawed out soon."

IC: The Sentinel (NPC)
    Desert plains of Mandalore

From her place outside the gates of Sundari, the Jedi watched intently as the black and grey starship lifted off over the desert, breaking for orbit. It was an an old sith design, something she pondered for a moment. Curious. Most wouldn't have recognized it as such, but she was a student of history as well as a master of observation. The Mandalorians that left all had lightsabers, though only one was wearing full beskar'gam, the others had bits and pieces of mandalorian armor. The Jedi herself was wearing the clothing of a simple trader, a freighter pilot, not so disimilar from the Chiss that had been with the lightsaber wielding "mandalorians".

The Order had been aware of some disturbance in Chiss space involving darksiders. And now here too was evidence of darksiders on Mandalore, she couldn't help but notice the dark robed man that also left with them. He was clearly not Mandalorian, and there was a sense she got from him. A sense of darkness. The Jedi Sentinel frowned, making her way to her own ship, the coincidence were adding up. Her observations here were done, she could do nothing more. The situation on Mandalore was deteriorating by the second, threatening to spill over into nearby sectors, and now she had a potential answer as to why. It was time to report to the Council, and the Triumvirate.

OOC: This roughly follows the outline I had planned for us on the Mandalore side quest, but as stated above I decided to end it early and bring us home. Feel free to fill in your own details within that framework if you like. Sinre, I will get your character thawed out in the next update as we return to the Temple of Light. :p

Council of Light Chambers, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Several days now had passed since the lesson in the wilderness for the padawans, and Master Vetruvious had long since moved on from the visions that had been witnessed by the various padawans there. Of course the young usually had an innocent clarity of mind that could often offer insights beyond those of more advanced age, but those particular padawans were all nearing the time when they would have earned their own Knighthoods, and as such well past the time for such things. Besides, vague visions of the past or fire in the future were nothing to worry about, the past was the past and as for fire. Well it seemed the universe was always on the verge of burning itself away.

So it was that as the blind elder master sat in the Council chambers alone for his own meditation he was surprised at how difficult it seemed to be to clear his own mind. There was something out there, lurking, just beyond the edge of his own consciousness. Down the hall or parsecs away he could not tell, but it was a feeling he hadn't had in some time, and it portended dangerous times ahead for the Temple of Light, and the Guardians.

TAG: and a hearty welcome to @Narancia Left this one rather open ended for you so you could introduce your character to us in your own way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.