main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Legacy of the Guardians (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Master Kraahn IC:
    ~Hangar Bay, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime~

As the others continued to handle what was going on with the other ship, Kraahn kept up his patient waiting outside the Devil's Due. His disquiet as he waited only grew over the small period of time from when he arrived in the hangar till when the hatch finally opened.

Snorting away some of the dust and giving a small cough, the tchuukthai wrinkled his nose and backed up a single step.

He spared only a brief glance to see an individual being carried out on a stretcher. Worrisome. His eyes turned to see Al'Kesh at last emerge, his appearance wild and haggard, his aura in the Force dismay and confused, his voice a strangled whisper. Even more worrisome.

"Darkness….darkness…." he kept whispering over and over again.

"Al'Kesh? What is wrong? I'm here," he called out carefully.

But that was when he toppled forward suddenly as if shoved. The Jedi Master moved to catch him, but it was what began to appear where the devaronian had been that made him pause. The scout landed with a loud thud and the Master was dismayed, but for now he would have to be all right.

There were bigger problems.

They were strange, sinister looking humanoid creatures with no visible hair or eyes. And they kept coming and coming, leaping off the ramp with surprising dexterity and agility. Quickly, the Master moved to intercept their numbers, but one of the first got to him first with a vicious swipe.

Another thing to assault his nose, but this time more painful. WIth a mixed sound of pain and surprise, he backed up again with a shake of the head. It pressed in, sensing an opening. Or it thought it had, for that opening closed up in an instant.

With a Force Push, he struck back against the creature and nailed it, hard, against Al'Kesh's ship. There was a visible creature-shaped dent now and it didn't survive impact. He'd have to apologize later to his old Pegasus companion.

Noticing that the other Jedi were dealing with the rest, he moved to see one open one still nearby. Grasping it with the Force again, he yanked it up above his head and just held it there wriggling and seething.

And that was just how he kept it. For now. For another voice rang out for him.

"Master Kraahn! Bivi needs aid, help me clear a path to get her out of here!"

Four of the things were now assaulting Koji and the unconscious twi'lek girl. Wasn't she supposed to be with Alyn? It didn't matter now.

"Coming!" he thundered as he charged through the hangar toward them. Letting out an almost beastial roar, he garnered their attention before Force grabbing three more and hoisting them right to the spot above his head that he had pulled the first one to. The three all collided with the first one, rendering them unconscious as was his plan. It also kept them away from the others temporarily.

Yet there was still one more. "Koji, quick! Get her out of here!"

His plan was simple. Keep them alive if possible, at least the ones he reached, as he would render them unconscious so they could be studied later. Also if they could possibly be reasoned with in some form in the future as well. It may seem unlikely then, but for all they knew, they were desperate things or simply acting in their natural behavior.

Too many questions, not enough answers.

The tchuukthai maneuvered to block the remaining enemy from the two Jedi who had called him over, then as soon as it charged, he reared up on his hind legs to a height that dwarfed everyone in the room, letting out a roar.

Even this feral thing skidded to a halt, startled. Then it was crushed under the tackling weight of Master Kraahn.

Waiting till the scene died down in the hangar, he gently laid down the four unconscious things on the ground.

"I have incapacitated ones over here that will need to be locked up for observation immediately," he called out. "Is everyone ok?"

For now he would ignore the searing pain from the slash on his nose, blood dripping down onto the floor. Thing had got him worse than he originally thought!

Tag: The Vanguard Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 Mitth_Fisto Zurros Ka Coffee_Ninja Rebecca_Daniels ConservativeJedi321 CPL_Macja

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Peregrine Bonaventure

Spotting Koji fending off attackers over the crumpled bleeding form of a young Twi'lek, I sprinted over to help, stumbling awkwardly over a hydrospanner rolling across the floor. A demon loomed up on my left, snarling and clawing at my side. Years of muscle memory took over my left arm, swinging it around to block the attack with my shield.

Too bad my shield was upstairs in my quarters. Sometimes muscle memory is not your friend.

Claws raked my forearm, shredding my best robe and drawing blood as our wrists met in a bruising impact. My saber lashed out. An eyeless head rolled across the hangar floor.

I dropped to my knees next to the Twi'lek. Too much blood! I grabbed a bandage out of my first aid pouch, decades of battlefield experience kicking in. I'm no medic, but I've learned that you can seldom do wrong by keeping a wound clean, dry, covered, and closed. If the bandage didn't slow the blood flow, I'd have to find a pressure point to squeeze.

Twi'lek pressure points can't be that different from humans, right? Hold on, kid, you've got your whole life ahead of you. She's so young! Light, preserve her...

TAG: Hangar crowd

3. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Koji Vansyph
    Hangar Bay One, Temple of Light

Koji was grateful for the quick response of Master Kraahn, and the unexpected arrival of the soon-to-be-Knight, Bonaventure. The behemoth that was Kraahn moved gracefully and with heavy steps. He hadn't seen the tchukkai battle before; he was just glad the Master was on their side. Bonaventure administered field aid to Bivi and she seemed to respond well. Still, they needed to get her to safety and get her a full eval. *Whoosh, hum* Koji cut down the fourth skulker that Kraahn left for him. Hitting the deck it writhed and shrieked for a few seconds before laying limp.

"That arm of yours has seen better days," Koji jested to Ven as he finished Bivi's arm wrap.

The chief of security would have locked the hangar down until the threat was neutralized, so Koji knew Ven's impressive field aid would have to suffice for now until the situation was under control. Picking up Bivi, Koji shouted to Kraahn, "Master, you are faster on foot, if I secure her to your back, can you get her out of the fray?" Koji nodded towards the former Grand Master who had apparently awoken from his slumber. "Semajj and Rak have a better defensible position where they are anyway."

TAG: ConservativeJedi321 galactic-vagabond422 Darth_Elu Sarge Bardan_Jusik Coffee_Ninja CPL_Macja

4. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Hangar Bay

Nothing could be simple. Every time Kasumi was near ships something happened. There was the monster that she had to ward off years ago when she was stowing away on a cargo vessel. This was no different. She lit her saber and began defending her position close to the stretcher along with those around her. These creatures were coming in quick....and their strength was like nothing else she had ever seen. She took on one after the other, finding each one stronger than the next, and her strength began to lessen with each hit that she was able to take thanks to the Force. The third one proved to be the most challenge. With one hit, she found herself hitting the deck of the hangar.....and then came the pain. Her arm had taken a beating, and was, for all intents, hurt. She saw the blood soaking her sleeve..she wasn't sure how bad it was....but it was bad. Broken....yes....possibly broken. She did what she could to slow the bleeding and heal what she could quickly using her own Force heal, but she stood back up, switched hands and began to use her left hand to finish the third one. When the death strike was complete....thats when she heard it.

“My name is Grand Master Josch Decinchi. What in the name of Ashla is going on in my Temple?!?”

Oh just what we do best my friend....was what went through her mind....as she backed up to help defend the stretcher yet again.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik, CPL_Macja, Darth_Elu, The Vanguard, ConservativeJedi321, Sarge, galactic-vagabond422

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Commander Beskaryc Taab/Knight Al'Kesh(NPC-Restricted to GM use only)
    Hanger Bay One, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Taab watched with grim satisfaction as the Jedi took care of the short lived intrusion into their Temple. Taken on it's own this action had gone far more quickly than the group of junkers the Jedi had dispatched a few months ago. That mess had taken far more than the actions of a handful of Jedi to clean up. At the same time, in the grand scheme of things, this incident was far more disturbing. The scavengers had arrived by chance, these...things, had arrived aboard the Devil's Due, brought here by Knight Al'Kesh. "We're all clear here, get some security troopers down here to police up these bodies," Taab called to the TCC as the main hatch to the corridor was unlocked. He twirled his blaster pistols on his finger before holstering them with panache. Walking forward to where Al'kesh had been thrown to the deck by the creatures he took stock of the casualties. Some Jedi had been injured, but nothing looked life threatening. They were fortunate that there was no venom to the creature's bite or claws. Better still, four...no five, Sarge (padawan Bonaventure) had disabled one as well early on in the battle with a tool kit to the head of one of the invaders, of them had been rendered unconscious. They would be taken to the stockade for observation and if possible, interrogation.

The other creature's lay in pieces around the hanger, the expected result from going up against a force wielding lightsabers. Still, information could be gathered from them as well. Over his long career Taab had been from one side of the known galaxy to the other, but he had never encountered anything like these things. Perhaps Doc (Healer Susruta) and his staff of medical droids could learn something about their biology from the corpses, even point them in the right direction of their point of origin. Taab shrugged, toeing at the dismembered arm of one of the creatures where it sat on the deck. Then again, it might not be much help.

Reaching where Al'Kesh lay on the deck Taab was pleased to discover that he was still conscious. He appeared undamaged, Taab reached down and helped the Devaronian to his feet, and was immediately met by the incoherent ramblings of a crazy man. "The dark, it calls to me. I am the dark and the dark is me. I am the dark and the..." Not so undamaged after all Taab thought. the Jedi healer would have to look after this one too. "Doc!" Taab called out to Healer Susruta who was tending to twi'lek initate's injury. The Ithorean glanced quizzically at Taab, but Taab wasn't given the chance to explain further. As soon as he had called out to the Jedi healer, Al'kesh grabbed at Taab's armor. His face contorted into a visage of rage and with one hand he reached for his lightsaber. Taab reacted quickly, and without thinking. He brought his right knee up into the Devaronian's abdomen, hard, it would have been enough to knock the wind from most men, and with a blink of his eye fired a toxic dart from his knee mounted dart launcher. It was a well practiced move from his days as a Jedi hunter, one that didn't give a Jedi the chance to evade the attack. Right away the dart hit it's mark and Al'kesh folded over unconscious, his eyelids fluttering. Those darts were loaded with a nerve toxin that would leave the Devaronian unconscious for a few hours. Back in the old days that was enough time to load a Jedi into the cargo hold of the Unnecessary Force, now it would be ample time to get Al'Kesh the medical attention he so obviously needed. "Get him to the infirmary, and them," he pointed to the still forms of the creatures who had likewise been rendered unconscious, "to the stockade," Taab called out to the SF troopers as they arrived. The bodies could wait, they weren't going anywhere.

Looking around at the situation, Taab was surprised to see that Spoonbender (Josch Decinchi) was awake now. In the chaos Taab had forgotten that he was even here. Looking to Nomad (Knight Avarray) and Knight Nosrep he suggested, "make sure he get's a once over from the docs, and get yourselves looked at too while you're there." It seemed most of the Jedi had sustained some sort of injury during the attack, and that nagged at Taab. Without weapons these things had injured several Jedi, what could they do to a civilian population? Taab shook off the random thought. He had neither seen nor heard of these things before, what were the chances they would meet a domestic population anytime soon? A cold chill went up Taab's spine at the unverbalized question as he examined the now dented hull of the Devil's Due. He didn't know where those things had come from, but by examining the ship's logs he might be able to find out. Sighing to himself as he made sure one last time that everything in the hanger was well in hand Taab climbed up the boarding ramp of the ship. One inside his buy'ce comm system came to life, the roaring and barking of Lrowoco, the SF Company's First Sergeant came through loud and clear. "What is it Top?" Taab asked irritated at the interruption. The Wookiee barked some more, something about looking for him all morning and that he had something for Taab to see. "OK, Fine I'll be there in an hour." Taab shut down the signal as he activated the ship's log, he would see what the Wookiee had to show him, but first he wanted to figure out what the shab was going on here.

TAG: CPL_Macja, galactic-vagabond422, ConservativeJedi321, Mitth_Fisto, Sarge, Zurros Ka, The Vanguard, Darth_Elu, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels

OOC: Going to fast forward us to Sarge's Knighting ceremony in my next update (Master Vo'Un'Var, I'll tag you into the game in that update) We'll all get more information regarding the creatures and Al'kesh's situation then which should set up the next chapter of the game for us. So use these posts to finish up our post battle thoughts/actions as I'll be moving us a few hours forward next week. If there is anything we miss, it can be covered in a "flashback sequence" or some such. As always, any questions, just shoot me a PM.

6. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Koji Vansyph, Initiate Bivi (NPC)
    Temple Hangar, Bay 1

Calm was beginning to set in again, albeit slowly as the noise in the hangar lowered to a dull roar. "We're all clear here, get some security troopers down here to police up these bodies," Taab called to the TCC as the main hatch to the corridor was unlocked. The sound of boots hitting the deck swirled all around Bay 1 as orders were doled out by the flight crews, medical staff, and security personnel.

Koji walked over to check on Bivi again, who was being seen by Healer Susruta. "You took a nasty spill young one, but it looks like you'll be ok?" Bivi sat there, her body language a display of self-consciousness and confusion. "I'm sorry I got in the way," she spoke up, "I wasn't fast enough."

As she was being evaluated one of the medical officers approached Koji, "I can take a look at that for you sir." The officer pointed at Koji's side, just below the ribs where apparently blood was leaking into his robes. "By the stars!" In reflex Koji lifted his arm to get a better look at the damage. "Well, I'll definitely need those spare robes now. I hope Won-Ton finished sewing them up!" he pondered to himself. "Please proceed lieutenant."

Koji glanced over to Bivi, who wasn't wincing from pain anymore. "It appears I too, wasn't fast enough," he said, reassuring her. She managed a half-smile and returned her attention to Master Susruta. The medical officer concluded, "Your laceration isn't infected. Couple of batca patches and you'll be good as new."

"Understood doc, thanks."

TAG: Jedi present, Bardan_Jusik ConservativeJedi321 Sarge Darth_Elu

7. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Hanger Exit

As the last of the creatures were dealt with Semajj let out a small sigh of relief. He hadn't sensed any of his friends die, or receive any serious injuries. Though he knew some had been mildly hurt, they all seemed alert, and mobile.

Whether it be by luck, or the will of the force (Almost certainly the later), Semajj had avoided any injuries of his own. Aside from a slight scuffing on his left boot, which he used to beat down one of the creatures, he was alright. He would have to change before the ceremony anyways. Put on his formal vestments and such.

The Ongree returned his lightsaber to his belt, calmer now as the conflict had passed. He turned to face the Grand Master, and though he was not a healer tried to get a sense for how the Erphae was doing.
    "Master Decinchi, how are you? Do you feel ill? Is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable?"

Before the old Grand Master could speak they were interrupted by Commander Taab. "Make sure he get's a once over from the docs, and get yourselves looked at too while you're there."
    Semajj offered a polite bow to the Mandalorian. "Yes of course, thank you."
    While he was physically unharmed he supposed the stress of the day had earned him a check up if nothing else.
    Then he returned his gaze to the patient, and offered a small smile before declaring "Off to the med bay then?"
    He wasn't sure if the man could even walk at the moment. So out of simple safety concerns he began pushing the stretcher again, continuing the path he had already been taking before Master Decinchi had awoken.

Tags: CPL_Macja, Bardan_Jusik

8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Padawan Bonaventure
    Temple Quarters

[​IMG]

I flexed my left arm gently as I entered my quarters. A med droid had disinfected and sutured the cuts while the real doctors saw to the serious injuries taken by others. I don't like machines cutting on me, but it seemed to have done a decent job. I ought to be fine in a day or so, as long as I didn't do anything characteristically stupid in the next 24 hours.

My best dress Jedi robes were a lost cause, though. No way could I wear bloody ragged robes to my knighting ceremony. Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to wear something more durable. More shiny. And much more metallic. It's not like I'm a normal Jedi, so I might as well dress abnormally at my own knighting.

As I walked over to check the shine on my armor, my shield caught my eye. I paused, remembering how I had automatically tried to defend myself with it an hour ago. Those shield-bearer instincts were ingrained deeply, and they didn't do much good without a shield. But Jedi can't walk around with full-sized metal heater shields, so I'd better learn to manage without it. Besides, it really wasn't a good match for the lightsaber I had built.

[​IMG]

My saber was more of a fencing rapier than the kind of heavy broadswords that work so well with big shields. What I needed was a good fencing parry weapon, something small and light that a Jedi could carry unobtrusively like a saber. Gears started turning and lightbulbs came on in my head. Yeah, it could work, and I liked that offhand parry back when I was learning rapier fencing on board the Azure Rose. I was going to need a few parts. If I hurried down to the armory I could scrounge what I needed before the ceremony, and I'd have most everything I'd need to put it together later.

It looked like nobody would need me for a few hours, and I wouldn't be much help investigating those demon things or the older Jedi who had unexpectedly returned. Those things were way above my pay grade. Yeah, I'll go do some parts scrounging, look in on the wounded in sickbay, make sure that little Bivi is doing all right, then I can armor up for the ceremony.

Pulling on my second-best Jedi robe over the bandage on my arm, I left for the armory.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

9. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray
    Hangar-1, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

With all the creatures downed Rak slipped his sabers back into the holster at the small of his back. He carded a hand through his hair shaking it trying to straighten it out, to fix his helmet hair.

“I’m fine Taab.” he said looking over to the mandalorian. He looked to the now awake former Grandmaster. “Glad to see you awake finally sir. You gave us quite a fright.” He gently rested his hand on the gurney. “Let’s get you to med bay and checked out.” He mirrored his former padawan’s motions looking to Master Decinchi for permission to guide him to the infirmary.

Off hand he looked over his shoulder at the bodies now being gathered and shook his head. Today of all days. He gave thought to what he would wear to the official Knighting ceremony of Bonaventure. Most definitely he’d have his best earrings in, and braid the front lock of his long black hair securing it with another shiny bobble he found some time ago. The question was, did he wear a long coat as was his custom or the more traditional robe that signified Jedi the galaxy over. It really didn’t matter too much but, it was something to distract him for the moment.

What he was avoiding thinking about was his own failure to appear for his padawan’s elevation to knighthood. He had a good excuse, caught dealing with a dark cult growing on the edge of the known galaxy but, it still pained him that he was unable to attend such an important event in a Jedi’s life.

He let out a long breath giving a passing glance to said former padawan, now a full knight, and equal to him.

“So excited for the ceremony later?” he asked wanting to defuse some of the tension in the air, getting Semajj’s mind off work for just a moment. That was always Rak’s way, never really taking anything too seriously, going from harrowing combat to idle chatter in the blink of an eye. Maybe it was helpful to the others but, mostly it was helpful to him, never letting him dwell on things for too long, never letting him over think either as some jedi are want to do. He reacts quickly and just as quickly can relax. Like the ebb and flow of tides so was the demeanor of the Vagabond Knight.

TAG: CPL_Macja, Bardan_Jusik, ConservativeJedi321

10. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    IC: Zurros Ka
    Hangar bay

In the aftermath of the short lived invasion Zurros stood over the body of the only creature that had made it to his corner of the hangar bay, his lightsaber, powered down, was still in his hand. Scanning the bay he saw several wounded Jedi being attended to, he crouched over the creature and observed that they had no eyes, how had they located their targets? Furthermore, with all the non-combatants in the hangar bay why had they gone straight for the Jedi? Could they sense the force somehow? There were many questions.

Zurros had traveled far across this galaxy and had never seen or heard of a species such as this, they seem like the type of creatures that would make appearances in cantina stories, 'Mynocks in the engine' type stories.

Looking around he saw Major Taab walking up the ramp to the Devils due, if anyone had ever heard of such a creature it would be him, Zurros made a mental note to try and converse with him when the situation had calmed down.

TAG Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 CPL_Macja ConservativeJedi321 Sarge anyone I've missed in hangar bay

OOC: anyone else picture these creatures as wretches/juvies from Gears of War?

11. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Leaving the Hanger

His old master entered into a lockstep walk with him as he began pushing the stretcher towards the med bay. He engaged in a short conversation with Grand Master Decinchi, before turning to inquire about how Semajj felt about the coming ceremony. The Ongree nodded with a smile. "It is always nice when a new Knight rises. Sarge is good and capable, he will make a great Jedi."

It seemed to him over the last decade a new generation of knights had come of age, himself among them. Padawan Bonaventure, who was much older than many of his peers, seemed to be part of that generation. He was always happy when one of his friends took the next step along the Jedi path. And he was as eager as the rest for the festivities that were planned for that day. Hopefully they would take his mind off of the curious creatures that had been attacking the Jedi mere moments ago.

Tags: CPL_Macja, galactic-vagabond422, Bardan_Jusik

12. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    Between Hangar Bay and Medical Wing

Kasumi did her best to help others to their feet, and to support others as needed as they walked towards the medical wing. The ache of her arm becoming more clear in her mind. Just another trial of the flesh for her, and definitely one she would not like to repeat anytime soon. Whatever those things were reminded her of the stuff of nightmares. Those beasts that no matter what you did they would keep coming, they could come for you until your body was broken, and until you couldn't fight anymore.

Be wary...

Master Qui Gon's voice spoke through the Force. But about what? Those things? What was to come? The upcoming ceremony? The answer would have to come through meditation, and that would come after she got her arm tended to since she had done all that she could for it. As she stepped into the medical area, Kasumi found an area to stand in allowing all the beds to be free for those who needed them, and calmly waited her turn.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik, CPL_Macja, ConservativeJedi321, The Vanguard, Et al (anyone else I missed heading to the med area//leaving the hangar bay)

13. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Master Kraahn IC:
    ~Hangar, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime~

Ignoring his wound as it wasn't serious, Kraahn kept a silent if disturbed vigil over the Hangar Bay as everyone wrapped up the clean up and began heading out to get checked at the medbay, or secure the unconscious creatures.

Due to the situation, he felt it was his duty to remain behind and make sure all was well accounted for after the disaster. Even more troubling were the sudden actions of Al'Kesh. He had known the devaronian a long time and that was clearly not him, even if he was hard to get along with at times.

Only once everyone, including the Security Forces led by Taab felt secure enough to leave the hangar behind did he finally leave quietly. He was already as ready as he would be for Bonaventure's knight ceremony after all.

What happened here? Clearly Al'Kesh has run into something on his scouting trip. But what? What could have descended him into madness like this and brought such terrible monstrosities to our doorstep?

The tchuukthai was grim indeed and could only look forward to the upcoming ceremony to help lift his spirits.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik (As the Mighty GM), otherwise Anyone or No One

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Interlude: Dawn of Knight
    IC: Commander Beskaryc Taab/Healer Susruta (NPC)
    Grand Hall, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime--Several hours later

Nearly a thousand Jedi of various ranks, genders and species crowded into the Grand Hall of the Temple of Light. It was a rare event to have so many confined to one area, in another time Taab would have seen this as the epitome of the target rich environment, one that even he could never handle alone. Now though, the boot was on the other foot and he was tasked with protecting these Jedi as they let their guards down (to varying degrees) and came together in celebration. Atop the Temple, the Beacon of Light shone out into space, announcing to anyone in the system (there were none save the Jedi and their allies on the planet) that Bonaventure was joining the ranks of the Guardians of Light as a Jedi Knight.

At the back of the room the Mandalorian commander watched as the Council of Light, called Sarge forward and bestowed upon him his new rank. It reminded Taab of one of his first moments here at the Temple when he had been granted permission to watch a similar ceremony. The Guardians had been so few then, and trust had been at a premium. Back then he had been asked to join more so Spoonbender (Josch Decinchi) could keep an eye on him than anything else. How times had changed, now Taab was a trusted agent of the Council and protector of the Jedi.

Taab glanced over to where Spoonbender stood, towards the front of the room near the ceremony but not a part of it. Since his arrival, Spoonbender's presence had been the cause of some consternation among the Jedi. He had been accepted back at his honorary rank of Grandmaster, even granted his old quarters on the Master's dorm level of the Temple, but Taab noted, he had not been made a member of the Council. Taab despised politics, and the affairs of the Jedi were of no concern to him, but still he wondered why that was the case. He didn't know, no one aside from the Council knew, that they sensed danger in him. They sensed that something was not balanced within the old Grandmaster, and that until it was, he couldn't be allowed back on the Council.

Of course there were bigger issues afoot in the Temple, another arrival that had coincided with Spoonbender's that cast a pall over the ceremony. Knight Al'Kesh's overdue return, with those creatures in tow, was on everyone's minds as Sarge bowed his head and accepted the responsibilities and privileges of his new rank. Al'Kesh wasn't here of course, though Taab wished he could question him further. His logs had been...incomplete, and though Taab had a sense of what might have happened, he wanted to question the Devaronian Knight as soon as possible in order to fill in the blanks. The captured creatures had proven to be of no use as they snarled from inside their cages in the stockade. Semi-sentient had been the determination, able to communicate with their own kind, but no language that the Jedi as yet could decipher.

Applause rang out now for the new Knight as he stood among the Council, their lightsabers ignited as he knelt before them and then stood. Caught up in the moment Taab banged his armored fit across his chest plate the loud clanging echoing over the Grand Hall. He let loose, hollering "Oya!" and catching a mirthful look from Master Rand in return. Yes Taab thought as he realized again who he was watching through his T-Visor. He really didn't belong here. He went to slip out the door, content to let the Jedi celebrate the new Knighthood in their own fashion, when he caught sight of Doc (Master Susruta) The Ithroian healer ran infirmary. Taab had asked to be informed when Al'Kesh was ready for questioning, but hadn't heard back yet. No time to ask like the present then. He approached the Jedi healer who saw him coming and bowed in greeting.

"Knight Al'kesh is still unconscious..." The healer began. Taab was taken aback, not that the Jedi knew why he had approached, but at Al'Kesh's condition. His metabolism should have processed the toxin Taab had used by now. It was a fairly common knock out agent in use among bounty hunting circles, one that would effectively knock out a baseline human for about 12 hours, maybe eight hours for a spoonbending human. For a force wielding Devaronian, four hours would have been about the maximum Taab could have hoped for. Enough time to move an unconscious Jedi into a force cage, or in this case to the infirmary, but now, more time had passed than that. Al'Kesh should be awake...

"I placed him in a force induced coma," Doc explained sensing Taab's disbelief. "Well, that explains that," Taab replied, meaning both why Al'Kesh was still out and why he was unable to be questioned. "Why?" Without any other option Taab questioned the healer instead. "Did he say anything at all before you did?"

The Ithorian shrugged, an awkward looking gesture to Taab. "When your agent wore off he came to quickly, but was still disoriented and agitated. He spoke of the darkness, the whispers. I had to put him under so I could work on him. He has no external injuries, but his mind. His mind is broken."

Taab nodded sagely, acting as if he understood the ramifications of it all, though he was just as in the dark, if not more so, than anyone else. If Al'kesh was still out, he was sure rumors of his condition were already spreading through the Grand Hall. It was likely everyone here also knew of his current condition, and that made what Taab had learned from the Devaronian's logs even more dangerous.

TAG: CPL_Macja, galactic-vagabond422, ConservativeJedi321, Mitth_Fisto, Sarge, Zurros Ka, The Vanguard, Darth_Elu, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels, Master Vo'Un'Var

OOC: Every PC and Jedi NPC (except Al'Kesh) is in the Grand Hall for the Knighting Ceramony. I deliberately left the ceremony itself and everyone's place there rather vague to make the interactions less forced and more in the player's control. So Sarge feel free to embellish the ceremony as much as you'd like from your character's point of view. :p Everyone else, feel free to mingle among each other and learn what you can, more information regarding Al'Kesh's condition, the creatures and their origin will be forthcoming from Taab and various NPCs as you do so...

Also, welcome to the game Master Vo'Un'Var, any questions (and this of course goes for everyone) feel free to PM me.

15. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Koji Vansyph
    Grand Hall, Temple of Light

Among his brothers and sisters, Koji stood with the Knights on the second balcony of the Grand Hall. The event was a solemn but joyous celebration. A padawan learner passed the trials to become their own agent, fulfilling their purpose in the Force and contributing to the peace and efforts of the Jedi at large.

Koji took note of Sarge's appearance and posture. Armor plates were fairly common for Jedi to wear during heavy combat missions, especially among Guardian-Class types, but during the Knighting Ceremony it was not typical. Still, even in armor, the human looked nothing short of comfortable. His wore his armor like his own skin. 8 times out of 10 Koji would prefer the agility of little-to-no-armor loadouts to the protection offered by plating. Even so, the Lorrdian understood the practical nature of their use. If one can avoid gravel-rash by wearing plates, why not avoid it?

Hands clapped and cheers erupted as Sarge stood, strong and sure. The older padawan, now Knight Bonaventure, was a full fledged Guardian of Light.

As the applause died down and the mingling began, Koji headed for the ground floor to speak with Master Rand. On his way he stopped to greet several of his fellow Knights Ka, Troi, and Iotasi. "Another Knight to serve the light, hmm?" he asked to the general group that had formed. Turning to Knight Iotasi he asked, "Liuna, what do you think of our Knighting Ceremony?"

TAG: Sarge Bardan_Jusik Zurros Ka Rebecca_Daniels

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [​IMG]

"I, Sir Peregrine Bonaventure, do solemnly swear and affirm that I will support and uphold the principles and virtues of the ancient order of Jedi Knights, and that I will serve and defend the Guardians of Light and bear true faith and allegiance to the same. My arms will be upraised in defense of those who cannot defend themselves, and my word will be my bond in all things. My guiding light will be my trust in the will of the Force. My service shall continue as long as life endures and light shineth in darkness. I make this oath in full faith and without reservation, as the Light is my witness. And may my eternal soul be struck down if I fail to live in honest observance of my words today, amen!"

17. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

Semajj had arrived early, dressed in his formal dark robes, and stood ready on one end of the third balcony. The hall soon filled full of Jedi, nearly a thousand in number. The Ongree looked carefully over the crowed; though it seemed a rather overwhelming group, through the force he recognized many present. He sensed his friend Koji a floor below him, but as the crowd was already so massive on his floor it would be impractical for him to reach him at this juncture. So instead he simply projected warm celebratory feelings through the force to all Jedi present including his friends below.

The Ongree also noticed Master Octaris enter on the other side of the room, on the fourth balcony above. A shame, he had hoped to speak to the Cerean. Yet as the ceremony was about to begin he supposed it wouldn't be appropriate for him to go after the librarian. Plus the older Jedi seemed to be in deep conversation with another, whom Semajj couldn't see.
    Just then the it began. Soon-to-be-Knight Bonaventure stepped forward towards the Council circled below. Semajj smiled as it proceeded in a formal manner. He recalled his own ceremony from years ago, and this whole thing brought about a sense of nostalgia to him. It was a truly glorious occasion he knew, Master Chetan must be proud.

After the rituals finished Knight Bonaventure began his speech. Semajj chose to begin weeding himself out of the room then. As he knew when the speech finished the crowed to the bottom would be impossible to get past. He certainly had no intention of being rude, quiet the contrary, he hoped to beat the massive lines of Jedi that would all want to offer their congratulations to the new knight, so he could be among the first.
    As he began down the steps he heard clapping, so he assumed the waves of people would all be stampede out at once now. Though before he reached the bottom he came upon two familiar faces. "Master Kraahn, Master Avarray. I trust you enjoyed the ceremony!" He waved towards them with a cheer in his tone.

Tags: Darth_Elu, galactic-vagabond422, Bardan_Jusik

18. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    IC: Keskor Vunn
    Grand Hall, Temple of Light.

A real knighting ceremony.

Keskor had never seen one in his life. He had to admit, It was Pretty Cool. Keskor was also fairly new to the temple itself, He had trained for years, But had only recently come to the temple. Keskor wondered what it would be like when he was knighted. If he was knighted, He had to pass the padawan trials first. He looked over to his master watching the scene, What would their next quest be? Keskor looked back to Bonaventure, Voooowm, There went the Padawan braid. Then the speech.

"Master! What are we doing next? What is the next adventure of Padawan Keskor and Master Mivari?"

Keskor lept into a martial arts stance as if he were surrounded by many enemies.

"You have quite an imagination my young padawan! Well, Let me see..."

TAGS- Bardan_Jusik

OOC: GM's decision for Mivari's quest:p

Duh...

19. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    GM APPROVED

Character's Name: Edo Vilsa
    Species: Miraluka
    Rank/Affiliation: Padawan, light side
    Languages: Basic
    Residence: Ship
    Home Planet: Alpherides
    Approved Special Features: Force power: field detection.

Personality: Introspective, cares for other people, thoughtful, orderly.
    Habits/mannerisms: Enjoys Jedi meditation. Visits ruins. Hums music.
    Likes/Dislikes: Ancient Jedi lore, gardens, family, being read to, fixing problems. Cruelty, death, dark side, apathy, complicated Jedi robes.
    Racial Traits: Lack of eyes, force sight.
    Strengths and Weaknesses: Listens to masters. Kind. Can read situations and people pretty well/Kind of sensitive. Fears the unknown. Impatient with people who do nothing to fight evil.
    Physical Strengths and weaknesses: None to speak of

Looks: Tan skin. Dark brown hair, usually braided.
    Appearance: Wears red and green jedi robes, (no cloak) and a red sash around where normal people have eyes. The green belt was her father's.
    Pic:

Eye color: N/A
    Hair/fur: Dark brown
    Skin color: fair
    Clothing: Picture Anakin's Jedi robes colored green and the outer layer red.

Personal history-
    Immediate family: Mother, Janis Vilsa, (dead) father, Zyoth Vilsa.
    Spouse/Children: N/A
    Bio: Having come from Alpherides, she lived with her family until now. As a child, she was schooled in the ways of the Luka Sene, and grew in the force. Tragedy struck when Zyoth, her father, was diagnosed with Vreech's bane, a terminal disease that slowly powers down a being's lungs. Her mother, who had never been able to walk, had to depend on Edo, who was only 17. As both were Luka Sene, they stayed, studying there for two years, until Edo felt a call, but not from the Jedi...

Miscellaneous:
    Lightsaber: Recovered 2 from a Jedi ruin, green guard shotos.
    Combat forms: Learning Soresu from recordings.
    Strong area of the force: Sensing/Control oriented powers.
    Weak area of the force: Alter/Physical augmentation
    Pets: none
    Weapons: Lightsabers mentioned
    Droids: Family owned RE-D1, a simple droid made by her mother which, when given a physical book or holobook, scans it, translates it to basic, and reads it aloud.
    Ship: The "Crystal Sun" is a light freighter given to Janis and Edo by a family friend when they felt that the force wanted them to leave.

NPC
    Character's name: Janis Vilsa
    Species: Miraluka
    Rank/affiliation: N/A, light side
    Languages: Basic
    Residence: Crystal Sun
    Home planet: Alpherides
    Approved special features: force power: field detection

Personality: Outgoing, fun, spontaneous, but all of these less since Zyoth died.
    Habits/mannerisms: Helps others. Always has a smile on her face.
    Likes/Dislikes: Gardens, people, excitement, Droids/Dark side, death, arrogance, Gizka
    Strengths/Weaknesses: Kind, Adaptable, good-natured. Can be envious, wishy-washy, and reluctant to act.
    Physical Strengths/Weaknesses: Can't use legs after childhood accident.

Looks like Edo, but with lighter hair and a shade darker skin. Wears long, loose pants and a tunic.
    Can use the force, but just sense abilities. She is skilled in Mechu-Deru and Instinctive Astrogation.

20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Master Kraahn IC:
    ~Grand Hall, Temple of Light~

Kraahn watched the proceedings and ceremony of Peregrine Bonaventure's knighting, the occasion itself as well as all the good will and cheer throughout the large room making it a much needed break from what had transpired some hours previous in the hangar.

It wouldn't fully leave his mind of course, he wanted it to but that would be foolhardy. And it wouldn't listen anyway. Al'Kesh's condition concerned him greatly and his old companionship, if you wanted to call it that, from back on the days aboard the Pegasus only enhanced it further.

He was more than just a fellow Guardian. He was a friend. The tchuukthai knew full well not to allow attachment to completely cloud his judgment, but he allowed his compassion and bond to give him strength and drive to a point. He would purify and hone that dedication with the Light.

Letting out a single whoop, which came out deep and quite distinguishable among the Jedi crowd, he grinned as the padawan was officially now a Jedi Knight and the ceremony was at an end. Mirthful mingling was now to commence!

"Master Kraahn, Master Avarray. I trust you enjoyed the ceremony!"

The tchuukthai master glanced over casually and noticed the long haired, ear-pierced human man nearby that was Rak Avarray. He hadn't noticed him there originally, so intent was he on the ceremony and his inner thoughts. Lifting his head up to the source of the greeting though, he saw Semajj Nosrep approach them. A pleasant ongree all told, he quite liked the man.

"Greetings Semajj," Kraahn replied with a dip of his head to both of the men, "And to you as well Master Avarray. I did indeed enjoy the ceremony, as I always do when it comes to seeing youth grow. I take it you have enjoyed it as well? We could all use the celebration I think."

Tag: ConservativeJedi321 galactic-vagabond422

21. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray
    Grand Hall, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Rak wasn't going to miss this, he took a quick shower cleaning off the grime of his patrol and dealing with his helmet hair. Out of the shower he took his time selecting his piercings, he had to wear the right ones. Minutes passed and he came to a decision, to wear silver and blue, rather than gold and green. Up in the tops of her ears were silver bands with blue gemstones set into them, in the lobes a similar stud.

As for clothing he had a hard choice, his long coat that was common for him to wear. Of course it would be made more formal for the occasion. On the other hand he could surprise everyone and wear his traditional Jedi robes. He hadn't worn the brown hooded cloak or the tan tunic since his own knighting, so many years ago.

With as much time he took to select his jewelry he took maybe twice as long to come to a decision on his clothes. It was hard for him, he'd become accustom to breaking with tradition, so much so that'd if he did follow the traditions it'd be shock. He thought about it a moment longer, a moment too long then donned the tan and brown.

He arrived just in time, Beacon and Guard on either hip-another oddity for him-and stood patiently for the ceremony to complete. He was proud to see another knight join their ranks, every day the Guardians became stronger.

"Master Kraahn, Master Avarray." Rak turned hearing his former padawan's voice. "I trust you enjoyed the ceremony!"

"Greetings Semajj," Kraahn spoke first preempting the human, "And to you as well Master Avarray. I did indeed enjoy the ceremony, as I always do when it comes to seeing youth grow. I take it you have enjoyed it as well? We could all use the celebration I think."

It made Rak a little uncomfortable to be called Master, that implied that he was a much better Jedi than he actually was. It was understandable for Semajj, former padawans seemed to make it a habit to continue referring to their former teachers as master, no matter their rank. For another Knight let alone a Master to call him Master that was a different story. He was of lower rank than them and felt unworthy of the title.

He swallowed hard pushing down his awkwardness.

"Ah…yes It is good to have moments of levity and celebration at any time. Been far too much darkness, it is good to see us in good spirits." He added to the growing conversation.

TAG: ConservativeJedi321 Darth_Elu

22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

The Ongree nodded in concurrence, though he barely slowed his pace. "The peace is welcome, let us hope it lasts." he said, making only vague references to the unpleasantness of earlier that day. "I am heading down below. Hopefully to meet and congratulate Peregine before the rest arrive. Will you join me?"

He bowed slightly to the older Jedi. "I am certain the real festivities will start soon as well. Perhaps we can get there before all the food is gone." He offered the lighthearted comment in good humor, so as to keep the mood cheerful.
    Several other spectators began to move towards the lifts and stairs, as the ceremony concluded.

Tags: Darth_Elu, galactic-vagabond422, Bardan_Jusik

23. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    After the Ceremony

Kasumi watched as the braid was cut, as the knighting was complete. She couldn't help but have her mind wander to her own knighting. It was not one with this much pomp and circumstance. It was one that was surrounded in darkness.

::Flash::

Kasumi stepped into the temple to face her trial of the flesh. While she had been fine with the previous trials, for some reason this one made her a bit nervous. She tried to speak to her master about it, but was not sure how to approach the subject. She had heard stories of this trial being the most painful and even one that was known to kill. As the doors shut behind her…she knew that it was time. She knew that somewhere in the darkness her Master was watching.

Kasumi could sense others, but something told her that this was unlike any of the others that were made. Then one by one the lights came on and she saw multiple Jedi Masters there. No, wait, they were all the top graduates of Master Lauper’s teachings. He was known for being hard on students, which she knew well. And there in the center was the Master himself. What ever confidence she had…fled.

There was no signal to go, but just a mad rush. Kasumi did her best to stand her ground and counter the attacks that were coming at her. Each hit, be it open handed or closed fist, hurt. Each time she would get one off, another fresh attacker would be on her. As she became more tired, her force abilities became less effective and her physical strength began to leave. That’s then when the sabers came out. This time there was no rhyme or reason to the attacks. Kasumi managed to keep most of them at bay but became more focused on Master Lauper’s maneuver than his eyes. It took only a millisecond and she felt the searing pain, cried out and dropped to her knees. She looked down and saw the clean slice on her midsection from his blade.

For some reason, she decided that working through the pain was best. If she was going to die in this, then she was going to follow Master Lauper’s advice and go out fighting. She took a breath and slowly stood. She flicked her saber back on and one by one began to “defeat” each opponent. It was finally down to her and Lauper. She countered his move, never straying from watching his eyes. And, by the grace of the Force, was able to disarm him and pin him to a corner to “defeat” him. She watched as he signalled that she was indeed the victor and then fell to her knees as the pain screamed to be heard. Shortly after she felt herself being helped up by Lauper. She looked over at him and he held her lightsaber in his other hand.

“Master……”

“Shhh….you did well. Now you have something to remind you of me.”

Together they made their way to the exit. Before they got to the exit Kasumi suddenly asked.

“Did I prove myself to my master?”

Master Lauper just smiled and nodded towards Aayla who, was walking towards the medics that were to help Kasumi to the med wing.

"I'm not an expert on reading your Master, but I would say that you did."

::FLASH::
    “Master, I want to go with you.”
    “You need to heal so you can complete your trials. This mission is not one you need to be on. Your trials are more important.”
    Kasumi looked down at the bandages across her midsection.
    “Focus more on your opponent. Don’t look anywhere else but the eyes. The Force will tell you the rest.”
    “Yes Master. The Force be with you.”
    “And you.”
    Kasumi watched her Master leave the medical bay and she lay down on the medical bed. She didn’t remember falling asleep nor did she know how long she was asleep. She woke up when the pain of the loss of her Master struck her. She was alone. Anger? Was that what she felt? Sorrow? She wasn’t sure. Her master had died in battle……
    She was rocked back from her thoughts when she heard running toward her room. The door flew open and the nurse that she had become closer to ran in and locked the door behind her.
    “You have to leave. They are killing everyone.”
    “What!? Who is?”
    Kasumi winced as she stood.
    “Sith…clones….mutany. The younglings are all gone. I need to get you out of here.”
    “The younglings?”
    Kasumi was still reeling from the loss of her master and was trying to understand what was being said. Surely this was a nightmare.
    “There is a cargo ship that is hidden in the docks that whose pilot is loyal to the council. They are waiting for you. Go!”
    Kasumi didn’t have time to argue as the nurse placed her robes on her and she was directed towards the back stairs that only the medical crew knew about. Kasumi turned to thank her and was met with “the force is with you. Now go.” The door was shut and locked.
    “Where is the patient?”
    “They died from their wounds.”
    “Fortunate for them.”
    “Why are you doing this? What have they…”
    The voice of the nurse was cut short with the sound of blasters. Kasumi could not believe that the medical staff had been killed as well. She would not let her Master down nor would she let the sacrifice of the nurse be in vane. She had to make it to that ship and off this planet to safety.

::FLASH::
    Kasumi limped her way to the cargo ship that was waiting for her that the nurse had told her about. She had had to dodge a few shots from the storm troopers, but had managed to make it to the ship. She looked out the window as it took off as tears streamed down her face. So many young lives lost and the place she called home in ruins.

After the ship had met up with the ship carrying Yoda and Obi Wan the pilot walked up to Kasumi and gently touched her shoulder. He was unsure of what to say because nothing he could say would make this better. With no words spoken he just left the ship.

Kasumi was the first to leave the meeting room. She had just heard about Order 66 and that there were few left. She was having a hard time swallowing that her Master had been killed by her own troops. That the younglings had been slaughtered by someone that they looked up to and trusted. Her heart wept for her pain for the loss of so many. The only sign of it was the tears that slowly streamed down her face.

She felt a gentle hand on he shoulder and turned to face Obi-Wan.

"There is nothing you could have done. If you would have been on that mission with Aayla you would have been lost too. You know that."

"I do master. But so many."

Obi-Wan just nodded solemnly.

"So, where do I go? Where is the best place for me to be unnoticed, Master."

"Master Yoda has an idea. And he's waiting for you in the conference room."

Kasumi nodded and slowly headed into the room. She saw Yoda's back to her, and she knew he was deep in thought. Kasumi knelt and just waited.

"Master, you wanted to see me."

There was silence in the room. Yoda walked towards Kasumi and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Aayla's strength I sense in you. Much you have lost."

"Yes master."

"Finish your training I will. My padawan you will become."

End Memories

Kasumi was honored to learn from Yoda, he had taught her so much. Both of her masters had. Yoda had been the one to cut her braid....she was the final Knight to come of out that order, and now here she was watching this new order knight one of their own. She watched as the others filed out, and caught a glimpse of her old friend. She decided to make her way over to him. As Kasumi slowly made her way towards him, she felt the rift in Josch, something was different than before. It had been some time since they had seen each other, and she wasn't sure he would believe it was her standing here. Something within the Force was telling her to do what she could to help him....whatever that may be.

Tag: CPL_Macja, Bardan_Jusik, and anyone who wants to add in.

24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Master Kraahn IC:
    ~Grand Hall, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime~

"Ah…yes."

Master Avarray was feeling uncertain about something, Kraahn noted. How curious as he wasn't entirely sure what could have induced such a feeling at a time like this. Nothing awkward had been discussed as they had only just started speaking. But then, a mind was a complex thing from individual to individual, who knew what lurked in the human Jedi Master's mind. He would have to be more thoughtful nevertheless.

"It is good to have moments of levity and celebration at any time. Been far too much darkness, it is good to see us in good spirits."

The ongree agreed with this as evidenced by his simple nod and following reply.

"The peace is welcome, let us hope it lasts."

"Wholly agreed," rumbled the tchuukthai with what passed as a smile on his face. What that looked like to them visually however, he could only guess.

"I am heading down below. Hopefully to meet and congratulate Peregrine before the rest arrive. Will you join me? I am certain the real festivities will start soon as well. Perhaps we can get there before all the food is gone."

"Ha," snorted the Jedi Master for a moment, "Aside from Knight Bonaventure, the food is why I'm here! As for the other 'festivities,' I think I'll pass. But I'll live vicariously by watching the rest of you. Lead the way, Semajj."

From there he'd good naturedly move after the other two, on all fours as usual, his massive bulk moving with surprising awareness through the throng.

Tag: ConservativeJedi321 galactic-vagabond422 Bardan_Jusik

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part 1

IC: Commander Beskaryc Taab/Healer Susruta (NPC)
    Grand Hall, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Gazing over the crowded hall as he continued to speak with Doc (Master Susruta) Taab made eye contact with Master Rand through his T-Visor. The Councillor of Light was still up towards the front of the room, but started to make his way towards the Mandalorian Commander and the Ithorian Healer. Likewise Taab began moving towards the front of the Hall as he continued his conversation.

"How do they see Doc?" Taab asked bluntly, "I've got several down in the stockade and the way they track the guards outside their cells..." He trailed off casually, not wanting to add how creepy it was, even to a grizzled old veteran like himself to see creatures with no eyes track the movements of his people. "I've dissected a pair of the dead ones," Doc began as they passed by several Jedi. Taab wasn't worried about them overhearing anything, none of this was classified information. Shab, it was likely to be common knowledge around the Temple sooner rather than later anyway.

"They have a highly developed organ in the front of their brain that seems to be able to detect thermal variations," Doc continued on. It wasn't like him to be so...clinical in his diagnosis, their presence here must be getting to him as well Taab thought. "Thermal?" Taab asked rhetorically. "That's interesting. I thought it might be...something else." That got the Healer's attention and there was a slight pause in their movement before they continued on together, winding their way through the Hall towards Master Rand.

"Something else?" The healer's eye's narrowed a bit as if he were deep in thought. "Why is that?" Taab sighed to himself, wondering if he was crazy for bringing it up. "I've had to put only non force sensitive guards on duty on the stockade, any former apprentice, anyone with even a hint of force ability, sends those things into a craze."

"It's the light side of the force, they can sense it." The voice of Master Rand was soothing and calm as he stepped towards them. "It angers them, drives them into a rage." Taab raised an eyebrow behind his faceplate. "How can you be so sure?" The question drew only a mirthful smile from the Jedi Master. "I can't, not until we see how they react to a dark sider, but it's as good a guess as any other." Taab sighed, a sigh that almost came out as a small groan. "They showed no force ability in the hanger when they attacked," Taab pointed out.

"No, they didn't. I suspect they can only sense the force, not actually wield it. Curious." Taab shook his head, even after all these years spent with the spoonbenders, he didn't understand them, or the force. "And what has your investigation discovered Commander?" Taab grunted in reply, "nothing good," before continuing on.

"Last log entry was made on Malastare. According to that entry, he was headed out to some unexplored world in the Unknown Regions." Rand raised his own eyebrow at that. "No word on if he ever actually arrived, but he'd heard something about an archaeological dig there, one looking for ancient artifacts, potentially Sith, or even pre-Sith." Taab paused and took a deep breath. "That's all we got, there were no log entries made after that." Taab left out that this wasn't unusual for the Devaronian Jedi whose record keeping was spotty at best. Still to his mind it gave the Jedi a starting point or two for their investigation. And it was their investigation, Taab couldn't be in two places at once and if what Top (Lrowoco) had told him was true, Taab had somewhere else to be in the coming days.

TAG: CPL_Macja, galactic-vagabond422, ConservativeJedi321, Mitth_Fisto, Sarge, Zurros Ka, The Vanguard, Darth_Elu, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels, Master Vo'Un'Var

OOC: Figure by this time any (or all) of your characters could have overheard part, most or even all of this conversation if they were close enough (I leave to you all). Feel free to join in or continue doing what you're doing with your characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.