main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Legacy of the Guardians (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part II

Kachirho spaceport, Kashyyyk

While the Jedi were of the Guardians of Light were reveling in the ascension of a new Knight and wondering what the Force had in store for them next, another pair of beings were likewise heeding the call of the Force in their own way. The light freighter, identified in the spaceport's log as the Crystal Sun for anyone who cared to look, was a nondescript vessel. Hundreds of such ships landed and departed from Kachirho this very day, and hundreds more would arrive and depart tomorrow. Nothing about the vessel would have struck any observer as special, had anyone really cared to observe the ship at all that is. It was just one of dozens that had arrived in the past several hours, light freighters delivering food stuffs or technological imports. Freighters loaded up with Wroshyr wood, some worked, some raw, for export. Freighters picking up passengers for off world excursions, family vacations or business trips. Some of the ships were dropping off such passengers, passengers that arrived for the same reasons as those departing. The Crystal Sun though had arrived for a very different reason. The two beings aboard the vessel, Edo and Janis Vilsa had come here at the direction of the Force, and now that they had arrived it called yet again to Edo, guiding her towards the busy Kachirho market...

TAG: BookExogorth. Welcome to the game! Any questions, PM me and I'll happy to provide what answers I can.

2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Grand Hall

The Ongree and his companions came out into the main room again, and he looked about the crowded chambers. He recognized Commander Taab off to one side talking to Healer Susruta, and Master Rand. He could guess what that was about, though he couldn't make out much beyond Taab saying "...he'd heard something about an archaeological dig there, one looking for ancient artifacts potentially Sith, or even pre-Sith." Semajj briefly contemplated on how Master Octaris would be fascinated by such a sight. But he did not dwell on it.

Instead he moved away from their rather uncomfortable conversation. He didn't want to ruin his cheery mood by thinking of the tragic event that led to poor Al'Kesh returning to the temple with mysterious beasts in tow. He glanced around the room looking for the new Knight, though he couldn't immediately locate him. "I can't see him..." he mumbled to the masters for a moment. Though a second later he saw the human on the other side of a group of Jedi. "Wait, over there." He alerted Masters Kraahn and Averray to his sight. "Peregrine...." he accidently started in an informal manner, before deciding that given the occasion his beloved formalities actually made sense. "Jedi Bonaventure. Congratulations on your Knighting. It is more than well earned." He offered a polite bow towards the human, before approaching him slowly.

Tags: Sarge, galactic-vagabond422, Darth_Elu Bardan_Jusik

3. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Koji Vansyph
    Grand Hall, Post-Knighting Ceremony

As the group of Jedi continued to talk and exchange pleasantries, the elephant-in-the-room topics were inescapable to discuss. The Grandmaster was the first to come up. Questions and speculation followed. Where has he been? Will he be involved right away with decisions made by the council? None of them dwelled on it too long. They would just have to patiently wait and see what developed.

The Mandalorian Jedi, Troi, brought around the discussion to the crawlers. The nickname wasn't official but it sufficed in the meantime. No one wanted to make the connection between the arrival of both the Grand Master and those, things, but coincidences were often indicators of something greater going on... Koji remembered the cut on his side. He pressed on the wound, as if to make sure it was still there. *Ouch*. His face winced. Yup, it's still there.

The group slowly grew quieter as the nearby exchange between Commander Taab and the Jedi Masters was carrying on.
    "They have a highly developed organ in the front of their brain that seems to be able to detect thermal variations.." Healer Susruta elaborated the specifics.
    "It's the light side of the force, they can sense it." The voice of Master Rand was calm, "It angers them, drives them into a rage."

Thermal variations? He re-counted the events that had taken place just hours prior with the new information they had eavesdropped. No wonder they were so aggressive without provocation. Why would the light side aggravate them? This makes them Force sensitive in a way, but where did they come from? Koji speculated to himself that they were dark side manifestations. Dark energy taking on physical forms to bring down anything that holds the light. His thoughts drifted to the Jedi Scout, Al'Kesh. He hoped he was recovering alright..

Remembering he still wanted to speak to a councilmember, but Seeing that Master Rand was pre-occupied, he politely excused himself from the group. Koji approached Master Runa who was 'people-watching' quietly nearby. "Excuse me, Master Runa?" He bowed customarily, "Do you have a minute?"

"I would like to discuss Initiate Bivi. Her age indicates she would have been chosen by now to continue learning as a padawan, is there a particular reason she hasn't been 'picked up' by anyone yet?"

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Peregrine Bonaventure
    Grand Hall

"Semajj, I knew I could count on you to be here on time. Are all Ongree as punctual as you are? I bet you'll be early to your own funeral pyre. Have you had any cake?"

[​IMG]

I greeted my former Padawan brother with a friendly punch to his shoulder. "Oh, sorry, you didn't get clawed on that arm, did you? I lost track of who got hurt in the scuffle.

"So Al'Kesh was hunting for Sith artefacts? I wonder if he found something. I've heard of Sith alchemy; do you think they practiced genetic engineering? If those demon crawler things were genetically engineered or manufactured, that might be a good clue to help figure out how to deal with them. What do you think?"

TAG: ConservativeJedi321, party goers

5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray
    Grand Hall, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Rak followed his fellows down below but, noticed Taab and the healer talking. It could be about the strange creatures that attacked earlier in the day. He walked quietly behind them not interrupting them. His brow furrowed a little hearing that the beasts could sense the lightside of the force. It was curious, and worrying. These creatures could be bread, or altered to be hunters of force users. Could this be an old weapon, used in wars long past, in the early days of the Old Republic. When the sith altered lifeforms to do their bidding, or was this a new form, using old ways.

He put his hand on his chin slightly deep in thought. He was certainly interested, in seeing where these things came from. And if he was being honest with himself, getting out of the temple. He'd been here for, what was it now, a week, maybe longer. His vagabond bones aching, he wanted to travel again. This seemed like just the thing to cure him.

"Excuse me," He said approaching the group, "I couldn't help but over hear. Are we planning to send an investigation to Malastare? If we are I happily volunteer. Investigations and far flung places are a Sentinels specialty." He said with a quirk to his mouth, maybe showing just how much he wanted to be assigned to another long mission far away.

It wasn't that he hated the temple, far from, it was just that…he couldn't overcome his nature. He was a traveler, an adventurer. His feet couldn't stay planted in one place, no matter how lovely for too long. It was his greatest fault.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

6. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Grand Hall

The Ongree grimaced a little as the new Knight breached the very topic he had sought to avoid. He doubted anyone could tell, given the relative oddity of his features to others. A smile, frown, and anything in between could be a matter of a couple millimeter shift in the direction of the edges of their mouth. As they had no lips few non Ongree could read his species emotions. It was really their eye's that were the most expressive part of their anatomy anyways.
    In any case a moment later he feigned a grin and polite nod. "No, thank the Force I escaped that scuffle uninjured."
    He crossed his arms in thought as he considered what the reckless Devaronian could have been up to. "Such dark side artefacts are dangerous, not to be taken lightly. Better left to Masters to deal with."

He shrugged slightly. "But enough with such sullen talk. We came down to offer our best wishes to you on this celebratory occasion." he moved his hands to signal in the direction of where he expected Masters Kraahn and Averray to be, only to notice to his surprise the Human had vanished from sight. Hm, probably off exploring he concluded before turning back to Peregrine. "I trust you are enjoying this night all things considered. You certainly have a bright future in our order Jedi Bonaventure, that I am certain of."

Tags: Sarge, Darth_Elu, Bardan_Jusik

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Grand Hall

"Bright future? Well, I'll have to burn the candle at both ends to pull that off. I don't have so many years left as the youngsters, maybe 10 good ones, then another 20 or so before I'm ready for the old Jedi's home. How long do you Ongree live, if that's not too personal a question? I don't know much about your culture, Semajj."

Tag: ConservativeJedi321

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  8. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Grand Hall

"Truthfully I haven't seen another Ongree since I was five." he said contemplatively. "I would be incorrect to claim my people's culture is my own. I spent much of my youth traveling across the Stars. And the rest of my teenage years here, at the Temple of Light."

The Ongree shook his head in deep thought, rubbing the scar on his chin delicately. "In the research I have done it seems we Ongree live across a similar timespan as you humans, ninety or so years, give or take. It seems we are also rather diplomatic in nature. Which is one thing I suppose I have preserved through the years." he smiled, bemused at that realization. "But time is immaterial. You are only as old as you feel; and the force has been known to do good things to light side users. I could very well live past a hundred, as could you. Every good deed you do in that time will shine a bright light into the future, no matter how long you live."

Tags: Sarge

9. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    Kachirho spaceport
    It felt good to get out of the ship, Edo decided. The ship was lifeless, and practically empty. On Kashyyyk, it was completely different, with the force swirling in the trees, and the life so palpable. It was quite majestic, and awesome.
    Seeing a docking official, she got out credits for the expected fee, and after the dock master had exacted the credits, she asked, "Do you know where I could hire a translator?" Although she could pick up meanings, intentions, and surface thoughts through the force, she would most likely need a translator for a complicated dialogue. The official thought for a moment, and replied, "There's near everything in this new hub, you could probably find someone or something there." "Thanks," Edo called out, but the man had already gone on to other business.
    Going back to the ship, she called to Janis, "Mama, are you coming down? There is a town square of sorts where we could find a translator, and then I could ask around about any Jedi presence here."
    She had heard of individual jedi coming here and hoped to recover some lore, although she already had some recordings, a pair of guard shotos, and even a small holocron from what the miraluka had recovered from Katarr.
    "You go on ahead. I'll probably sell some stuff at that center, but I'll catch up with you at some point," Janis answered, busy with her tinkering.
    Edo then walked out into the city, seeing the wonderful life of Kashyyyk, and wondering why the force had taken her here, hoping she could truly make a difference here on Kashyyk, and wanting to follow the force...
    Tag: Bardan_Jusik

10. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Welcome to the game BookExogorth. Glad to have you!

Master Kraahn IC:
    ~Grand Hall, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime~

Kraahn slowly moved toward Peregrine and Semajj though he listened to Master Rand and Taab as they moved close by. It was hard not to, truth be told. But while Master Avarray moved to get the initiative on the situation by speaking about heading to where supposed artifacts were, he remained decidedly quiet.

The Force would lead him where he was meant to go. The deliberations of the other masters would know where best the tchuukthai was needed. If something truly pressing came about, then perhaps he would steer himself personally. Until then, he would not. As for the creatures…their suspicions matched his own. The idea of creatures sensing the Force was not a new concept and whatever they were, they need not be created monstrosities for it. There were many natural cases of such things amongst sentient and non-sentient beings alike!

Though, those things seemed closer to alchemical and Dark Side shaped things, he had to admit. Time would reveal all, he was certain. Artifacts and history were something he enjoyed, but not Sith ones. Distance was best utilized toward them. Barring that, then swift destruction of the relics in question was in order. His main focus were the things that Al'kesh had brought with him.

But his mind shook it all off again for the second, third, or perhaps hundredth time. He was here to congratulate the new Jedi Knight amongst their ranks!

And it was the ongree's last statement about age and its correlation with the Light Side that he caught onto as a suitable entrance.

"Knight Nosrep is absolutely correct regarding age. No one truly knows how long they have left, only the Force does. For all we know, you may live far longer than you expect."

Trudging up to them he bowed his large head in greeting. "Greetings and congratulations again, Knight Bonaventure. We do not speak often, but I look forward to your continued questing in the Light's Honor. Indeed. I look forward to witnessing it from both of you."

Tag: Sarge ConservativeJedi321

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

"You may be entirely correct, Master Kraahn, but with the life I've led, I'm often amazed I've lived as long as I have. If the Light wills that I continue in this plane of existence for another century or so, I'll accept that. But if my destiny is to become one with the Force before this party is over, I can accept that too. I have faith, and I'm willing to do whatever I am called to do, whether it is a long epic saga, or a short footnote in a forgotten history book. As long as I can find a way to serve the Light, I will be content with my lot."

Tag: Darth_Elu, ConservativeJedi321

12. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Grand Hall

"As our role as Jedi mandates." The Ongree contemplated after the human offered his perspective. He glanced between Knight Bonaventure, and Master Kraahn before continuing. "We all may have long and prosperous lives ahead of us." He nodded in the direction of the Tchuukthai, who's exact age and life span he was unsure of, but who he suspected to be long-lived. "Yet as we are servants of the light, I have no doubt in my mind any person in this room would sacrifice themselves in a heartbeat for the greater good."

Once again his mind shifted to the incident of earlier that day. He felt concern for Knight Al'Kesh, whatever menace might done such a thing to him must truly be dangerous; and those creatures... he just couldn't dodge a feeling in the pit of his stomach, that some of them could very well end up making that sacrifice sooner rather than later.

He came to recognize the awkward pause in his wording, and simply changed the subject. "So, I hear sweets have been prepared for this occasion. Perhaps we should go out looking for them."
    He smiled mischievously to his companions.

Tags: Darth_Elu, Sarge, Bardan_Jusik

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part 1

IC: Master Noma Runa (NPC-Restricted to GM use only)

Master Runa watched the unfolding post ceremony socializing through pursed lips. It's not that he didn't appreciate the moment or the bonding going on at the moment. Such was necessary to form cohesive units in the field, rather he was worried about what would come next. He had read over the reports submitted by Commander Taab and was alarmed at their implications. So much could go wrong though, but so much that they had built was at stake. They had to act, sooner probably than later, but for now he took a step back and allowed the others to revel in the elevation of another Jedi to Knighthood.

"Excuse me, Master Runa?" The Lorrdian Knight bowed, "Do you have a minute?" The Mon Calimari Master eyed Knight Vansyph cautiously. It was clear he had something on his mind different from the festivities. Did he already have an opinion formed on what the Jedi must do or was it something else?

"I would like to discuss Initiate Bivi. Her age indicates she would have been chosen by now to continue learning as a padawan, is there a particular reason she hasn't been 'picked up' by anyone yet?"

Ah. Something else. The master tactician and strategist for the Order was about to commend him on his foresight, but alas, this was about a personnel issue. He inhaled deeply, giving a wet sounding sigh. "Bivi..." he stroked the tendrils at his chin. "Initiate Ugem'bivi, the twi'lek girl?" He continued on without waiting for an affirmative response. She was the only one called by that nickname in the Temple. "What would your interest be in her as an apprentice? She has shown no particular aptitude with the Force, her studies have been adequate, though her advancement has fallen behind those of her peer group." He stopped stroking his chin and blinked his over sized eyes. "I believe that the Council was going to debate putting an end to her training and assigning her to the Logistics division sometime in the coming months." He shrugged now. "Her lack of combat skills don't lend to her becoming a useful member of Commander Taab's security team."

He inhaled wetly again. "Likewise no other Knight or Master has seen fit to request the opportunity to complete her training." He blinked again and narrowed his eyes looking deeply into Vansyph's own. "Perhaps you have seen something in her that no one else has, yes?"

TAG: The Vanguard

IC: Commander Beskaryc Taab/Master Elim Rand (NPC-Restricted to GM use only)

Master Rand contemplated what Knight Avarray had to say. A mission to Malastare certainly seemed in the cards. Turning to Commander Taab he asked simply. "And was the the location of the dig site charted in the logs of the Devil's Due?" The Mandalorian seemed to think on it for a moment before turning towards Rand and answering. "It was, but there is no indication that he actually ever arrived there."

The Jedi Master nodded thoughtfully. Two missions would be needed then, that much was clear. He was certain the rest of the Council would agree. "Still wise to check it out as well," Rand mused. "Select a team to lead there..."

Taab shook his head helmeted head impatiently at that. "I have business elsewhere, rather urgent business." Anyone nearby able to feel the extreme levels of agitation rolling from the Mandalorian, and anyone that knew him could feel that it was far more than the abnormally high levels of aggression that could usually be felt from him. Rand smiled, a twinkle in his eye. "Your crusade?" Taab became even more agitated at that, even angry, though he tried to hide it. He didn't want to give Rand the satisfaction, though the old Jedi could certainly feel Taab's emotions.

"Top, (Lrowoco) told me his contacts back on Kashyyyk ran into a junk dealer there selling Jedi artifacts." Rand's expression cooled somewhat at that. "Nothing much, mostly fakes from the sound of it." Rand relaxed slightly. "But he did have a collection of lightsabers, doesn't mean much on it's own, so many were lost during the war that there are still bound to be some floating about."

"Well then why the urgency, what's the issue?" Rand asked serenely

"One of those lightsabers matches the description of Master Piim's..." Taab trailed off as Rand picked up what he was saying. "And since she was killed by our escaping Sith friends who took her blade..."

"Right. It's the first solid clue I...we've had in months, I wanted to follow up on it as soon as possible." Rand arched an eyebrow, clearly Taab's idea and his idea of what constituted a solid clue differed radically.

"That lightsaber has been missing for ten years, another few wee.." Rand started but Taab interrupted him. "Master Jedi," he began the disappointment and yearning was clearly felt, though his voice managed to barely contain it. "Very well. However, you're taking Jedi backup with you." Taab started to protest but Rand waved it away. "If you do find either of them, I want Jedi on hand to assist with the take down. That's non-negotiable, unless of course you would rather head off to Malastare with Knight Avarray here?" Taab to submit. "As you wish, I'll prep a ship for the journey to Kashyyyk then."

"And the Council shall deliberate on what Jedi to send with you."

Taab spun around and departed the Grand Hall on his way to the hanger bay. He could just leave now without telling the Jedi, but there would be no going back from that kind of insubordination. Now was not the time to burn that particular bridge, he patted the flame thrower mounted on his gauntlet, at least not yet.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

IC: Masters Ros Alyn/Hector Zey (NPCs-Restricted to GM use only)

From her place at the front of the room for the ceremony Master Alyn had slowly, but purposely, made her way towards the far left side of the hall. Along the way she greeted other Jedi with a smile and simple pleasantries. Some may have determined that she had something else on her mind, something connected to the evening's festivities, but at the same time a driving need for the solitary female on the Council of Light.

"I see your thoughts mirrored my own Master Alyn," the normally loud and bombastic voice of Master Hector Zey came out as a conspiratorial whisper from behind her. Standing shoulder to shoulder with her now he leaned over and examined the contents of the long table before the pair. "Marvelous," he announced, "the kitchen staff has outdone themselves." He reached down and picked up some sort of baked good, filled with chocolate chips from the look of it, from the array of desserts which were lain out on the cloth covered table. "So, it appears the light side has cookies too," he said with a wink and a nudge to Master Alyn as he referenced the age old adage.

"So it does," she smiled as she examined the table for herself. Cakes, brownies, cookies and and assortment of sweet fruits were arrayed on this table. The one on the other side of the Hall had more tame items such as breads and various meats and cheeses for the feast following the ceremony, but it was this one that had garnered her attention, and that of Master Zey as well it seemed. So much to choose from she thought to herself, wondering for a moment if it was all too much excess. This was a celebration though, and one involving 1,000 masters, knights and padawans plus other assorted guests. They needed this much food for everyone. Now it was time to pick out something small for herself, something..."What is that?" She asked Master Zey who had a mouthful of cookie and so just shrugged in reply. It was a small flat cake of some kind, and nothing she had ever seen before.

"It's uj cake." came an answer finally, and from an unexpected source. "Knight Troi," Master Alyn greeted the Mandalorian Knight. "I've never heard of it." She smiled a motherly smile. "I wouldn't have thought this side of the hall would be to your liking." The Knight gave Master Zey a withering look before answering, an answer that didn't really say much. "The kitchen probably made it for Commander Taab or myself, it's a Mandalorian dessert." He stated atter of factly as he looked over to where he had last seen the Commander, speaking with Masters Rand and Susruta. Looked like their conversation had been joined by Knight Avarray, and that it was over, as Taab stalked out of the Hall. Troi didn't wonder what that was about. The two may have gone about it in different ways, but both their hearts were Mandalorian. Taab would be wondering what the Guardians next move was, it was a question he too wanted answered, hence why he had followed the two Council members towards the dessert table.

Other Jedi were making their way there too, for the food, the company or their own answers Troi couldn't know, but it wasn't his style to wait and find out. "Masters, what are we going to do about the threat to the Temple?" He asked the question belligerently. Master Zey almost choked on his cookie at the blunt question while Alyn simply closed her eyes and inclined her head slightly before looking the Mandalorian Jedi in the eyes. "We haven't yet determined that there is a threat to the Temple." Her reply was measured and calm and set Troi to grinding his teeth. "We have received reports from both Master Susruta and Commander Taab..."

"And what are we going to do?" Troi interrupted her though she continued on as though she hadn't noticed

"...and we will be investigating further." She had hoped to put this off for at least the evening, but she could sense from Troi an impatience, an impatience felt by several other Jedi as well. She motioned to Master Runa (who seemed deeply involved in conversation with Knight Vansyph) and Master Rand as Troi watched still gritting his teeth. "Fetch Master Vetruvious," she told the irate Jedi Knight who snapped to obey with a grin on his face. Master Zey in the meantime had finished his cookie, "Guess we'll be starting that investigation tonight after all eh?" Master Alyn responded with an exasperated sigh before nodding her head wearily. It took only a few moments for Troi to return, with Master Vetruvious in tow.

"So, we have some eager to start the investigation." It was a statement from the Master widely acknowledged as the wisest on the Council. Master Alyn exchanged a glance with Zey and Rand who arrived with Knight Avarray just after Vetruvious had. The Masters had advocated waiting the evening out before going forward with the investigation, to not take away from Knight Bonaventure's moment. They could order the others to stand down, but events were already set into motion, there would be no stopping them now. Looking around she could see that Bonaventure was one of the Knights that had found his way to the impromptu meeting of the Council, along with Master Kraahn and Knight Nosrep. Master Runa nodded to them as he passed by and joined the Council, having brought Knight Vansyph along with him.

"Very well, then...Master Zey would you please be so kind..." The elder, but fit, Jedi warrior stepped to the fore, a bit of cookie crumb in his beard as he told the Jedi what they had gleaned from both commander Taab's and Master Susruta's reports. Most had probably heard rumors of archaeological digs, Sith artifacts and beings that saw via thermal variations while also being drawn to the force. His words confirmed most of those rumors before he concluded. "An investigation to this unknown world, called Eventide in the log, might be the only way to find out what happened to Al'Kesh. If he was affected by something there then it may affect the archaeology team headed there as well. As Jedi we were able to subdue the creatures without loss, but what if a pack of those things were brought back to a college campus? The death toll would be staggering." He frowned as he answered his own question.

"Knight Avarray has suggested we also investigate Malastare, where Knight Al'kesh was last known to make planet fall," Master Rand informed the Council, and the others. "It was there he received his information regarding this unknown world, we might stand to learn something of what happened." Master Runa nodded in agreement. "While we assume that Al'Kesh made his way to Eventide and was affected there, we don't know that. He could have been taken en route or even while still on Malastare in an effort to conceal whatever is to be found on that unknown world. Sending a team to Malastare sounds prudent if we are to get to the bottom of this mystery." There were murmurs of agreement from the entire Council.

"There is another matter, one brought to my attention by Commander Taab just a few moments ago," Master Rand spoke as he continued on, informing everyone of the discovery of Master Piim's lightsaber on Kashyyyk. "He is preparing a shuttle now to investigate and I think a team of Jedi should accompany him should this time his information actually pan out." He left unsaid that he didn't trust the Mandalorian Commander on this subject matter, he was simply too close to the situation. Better to let cooler heads, Jedi heads, prevail and temper the investigation should it be deemed necessary.

"So then, we have three separate missions to prepare for." Runa stated the obvious. The Council members all looked at one another, they had their own thoughts on the matter, and had discussed among themselves the potential for a mission to Eventide before the ceremony had begun. This was an additonial two missions, but the Jedi they had in mind remained the same.

"Very well then," Vetruvious spoke. "To Eventide to investigate the rumors of the Sith artifact and discover if Knight Al'kesh made it that far, and find a way to help him if he did, we will assign Master Kraahn as the expedition leader," he nodded to the Tchuukthai Master. "Along with Knights Nosrep, Ka, Gim and Reese." He looked to the other Council members questioningly, as they all gave subtle nods. "As well as Knight Reese's padawan, Isabella." The inclusion of padawan on what could be a dangerous assignment had been a matter for discussion earlier by the Council, but she was nearing Knighthood herself, this could serve as her final Trial. Thinking on padawans reaching Knighthood, Vetruvious made a snap decision. "I'd also like to include Knight Bonaventure to this mission detail if that meets with the Council's approval." There was no objection, and Master Alyn even nodded enthusiastically at the addition.

"I'll head up the mission to Malastare, taking with me Knight Avarray," Master Rand gestured to the Jedi who had suggested this mission in the first place, "as well as Knight Sadi and Knight Troi." The other Council members nodded their heads in agreement. "I'd also like to include Master Decinchi and padawan Vunn." Those too were met with silent agreement from the Council. The former Grand Master was powerful, but perhaps unstable. An investigation such as this though would hopefully put less stress on him than on to an unknown world, while still allowing him to come to terms with his own situation. It would be a test for him, but not too much of a test. As for Vunn, he too needed to be tested, and this time away from his own master.

"And to Kashyyyk we'll send Master Kasumi, Knight Vansyph and Knight Iotasi along with Commander Taab to investigate the appearance of Master Piim's Lightsaber," Master Runa informed the Jedi. That trio, led by a Master, should be able to rein Taab in should he start to take things too far. This was an investigation, not a witch hunt. "I'd also like to assign initiate Ugem'bivi as well to this particular mission." The rest of the Council looked to one another, clearly confused. Bivi hadn't been a part of any previous discussion regarding an off world mission. She was slated to become a member of the Logistics team sooner rather than later. Why the sudden addition of her to this assignment?

"Knight Vansyph had expressed an interest in training her," Master Runa answered their unverbalized questions. "Perhaps now is a good time for a test to determine her potential validity as a padawan." The other Council members exchanged glances and raised eyeborws, before one by one they nodded their assent.

"Very well," Master Vetruvious spoke again. "You all have your assignments, I suggest you all get to them." He sensed from some of them still an unfulfilled desire. "After one last snack of course."

TAG: CPL_Macja, ConservativeJedi321, Mitth_Fisto, Sarge, Zurros Ka, Darth_Elu, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels, Master Vo'Un'Var, galactic-vagabond422, The Vanguard

OOC: If I didn't name your character as being at the dessert table "Council meeting" you can either assume they were there near the dessert table, or somewhere else in the Hall. Your call. Assume that in either case your character will have been made aware of the mission assignments somehow. :p I'll get us started and off on those in my next update.

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part II

IC: "Sticky Fingers"
    Kachirho market, Kashyyyk

The Rodian watched the newcomers strolling about the crowded market. They were easy to spot, having just arrived from the spaceport. Some were singles, others were in large groups. Sometimes the groups offered better opportunities, sometimes the singles. It depended on the mark, how alert they were and if it looked like they had anything worthwhile. Sticky Fingers scowled to himself. Slim pickings right now, nothing worth risking an encounter with the Wookiee authorities...

Except that one. The Rodian slithered through the crowd after her. Human, or near human, by the looks of her, though she appeared to be blind. Oh that's perfect he thought to himself. Still she walked and checked out the various shops as if she weren't, assisted somehow. Some sort of sensor or echo tech that alerted her to what was in front of her. No matter, he'd make sure he bumped into her, even with her tech that probably still happened a lot to her so it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary for her. Of course it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for him either, he hadn't earned the nickname Sticky Fingers for nothing. That bump would be all he would need to lift her pocketbook and bring something of value back to the gang. Once he skimmed something off the top for himself first of course.

He followed her from a distance, hoping none of the others had marked her yet. He knew "Bungles" was around the market today too, he had seen the human over near the florist's cart earlier in the day. As luck would have it (blast his luck lately!) that's right where the mark was headed. Fierfek! If Bungles saw her he would ruin everything! Sticky Fingers quickened his pace, hoping to catch up to his mark before Bungles caught wind of her. He had to somehow get in front of her though and was glad when she stopped by the florist's cart for a moment. Much to the Roadian's relief Bungles was no where to be seen. The Roadian slipped past the mark then, eyeing her garments and picking out where he would slide his hand to grab whatever loot she had when she resumed her meanderings. He would pinch her valuables then and given the brief contact she wouldn't even know his hand had been there. He just needed...

There was a sudden commotion behind him and he spun around abruptly, nearly getting knocked over by an onrushing Besalisk who couldn't be bothered by what was going on. Sticky Fingers instinctively relived the four armed behemoth of his wallet as they parted, with an apologetic, "Sorry sir." The Besalik didn't care, and didn't notice he had just been robbed, replied gruffly "Watch where you're going!" before continuing on his way. Well that was a quick and easy pinch Sticky Finger thought to himself as he a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach told him what had caused the fuss that made him stop in the first place.

Somehow he knew Bungles would be involved, and his feeling was right. The issue was at the fruit stand on the opposite side of the street from the florist's cart. It sold all manner of succulent fruits and veggies to locals and tourists alike. Kasava fruit, Ko-Do fruit, Dantooinian sphere-fruit. You name it, the fruit seller probably had it, and if she didn't she could get it for you within a day or two. Her stand was always good for sneaking something to eat, and the fruit seller knew it. She watched her wares like a shriek-hawk, and even Sticky Fingers was wary of trying to nab a snack from her. Bungles though...well true to his name he had bungled his own heist and drawn the wrath of the Sullastan woman.

"Authorities, authorities!" she cried out in a loud voice that only garnered her even more attention. "This little sith-spawn tried to rob me!" Sticky fingers initial reaction was to bolt at that. He didn't want to be anywhere nearby when the Wookiee police showed up. They were slow, but effective. From his own experience he knew it would take them several minutes to arrive, plenty of time for him to potentially use this distraction to his advantage. Now where was the blind girl? Panicked for a moment he thought he had lost his mark in the chaos going on in the market, but instead he saw that she was making her way into the middle of it. Was she curious to "see" what was going on? Did she intend to help the fruit seller (or maybe even Bungles?) or was it just coincidence that had her walking towards the fruit seller's high pitched shouts? The Rodian looked around cautiously, others were congregating around the scene. Curiosity got the better of him now too as he hung back at the back of the crowd wondering what would happen next.

TAG: BookExogorth.

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine Bonaventure

"With the Council's permission, I'd like to move that we declare the formal discussions concluded. I believe we have our assignments, and will be prepared to fulfill them. But first, we should take a little more time to relax and recover before we throw ourselves back unto the breach. And since this is still my knighthood celebration party, I need to show these younglings that I can keep up with all the latest moves on the Grand Hall dance floor."

16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Grand Hall

The group approached the food spread slowly, and the Ongree took note of the small gathering around it. He soon realized almost every member of the Jedi Council was present. He didn't want to intrude upon the impromptu meeting. So instead he moved around it, taking note of the various snacks available.
    He approached a purple desert he recognized. There wasn't much left, though he assumed the kitchen staff would have another prepared for when it ran out. He glanced to Master Kraahn, though it appeared Jedi Bonaventure had separated from them momentarily. "I call what's left of the Jogan Fruit Cake!" Semajj joked as he slid the leftovers onto a small plate.

The Ongree turned to see the rest of the Knights and Masters had gathered around the Council members. At this moment he awkwardly realized perhaps he ought to be listening. Master Zey was discussing what they knew of Knight Al'Kesh's travels before his arrival back at the Temple earlier that day. Semajj took a small bite off the plate in his hand as he listened diligently to them. He moved to stand by Master Kraahn again, looking at the gathered Jedi quizzically.

"To Eventide to investigate the rumors of the Sith artifact and discover if Knight Al'kesh made it that far, and find a way to help him if he did, we will assign Master Kraahn as the expedition leader, Along with Knights Nosrep, Ka, Gim and Reese." Master Vetruvious was saying now. To a mysterious planet they know almost nothing about then. "This should be interesting." the Ongree contemplated. He had said before dealing with Sith artifacts could be dangerous, and he stood by that sentiment now. Especially when the Master mentioned they would be bringing a Padawan on this assignment; he shifted his feet in concern, though he did not speak up. This was not the time or place for such sentiments. He trusted the Council, yet he couldn't fathom how sending an apprentice to a world that may have driven a Knight insane, could be a good idea.

Tags: Darth_Elu, Bardan_Jusik, Sarge, and all else present.

17. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC:Josch Decinchi

Knighting ceremonies were always peculiar to the old Erphea. He had participated in several and conducted many more, but never his own. Josch’s eyes wandered around the room falling upon numerous unfamiliar faces and only a handful of familiar ones.

His mind drifted off, pondering the countless Guardians who were nothing more than distant memories. Kahn and Allegra Iceay, Raven Lightstar, Cambria Secura, Krevix Mazinn, Aeric Jenth, Frida Amarth, and so many more. Than there are the ones who weren’t so distant memories. Miria and Dovey Lahana, Kasha Sherland, Alisha Tano, Ian Thrace, Risca and Ryi Kor’le, and still others. Of course there were others, The MERCS, Shadow Squadron, Rogue Squadron, Fress Colias, and the rest of his family.

As his thoughts about those friends long past wandered through his mind, he felt a presence he had felt in a long time… an entire lifetime ago.

Spirit?

Josch looked about the Great Hall, but couldn’t make her out through the gathered masses. He hesitated to reach out towards the presence through the Force. Such use of his abilities had been known to trigger his unpleasant “friend” to surface. Currently he was keeping the “other guy” at bay by limiting his own interaction with the Force.

It was strange, he could keep his ears open to the music of the Force, but when he picked up an instrument to join the symphony, that is when his dissonant side spoke up. This caused his self-imposed exile back to Saridona Prime. This is where it all started… and this is where it needed to end.

When the festivities turned to social interactions, Josch allowed himself to drift through the verious beings milling about and worked his way towards the main corridor. Josch felt the need to meditate, and since he had yet to be “assigned” new living quarters he figured he would go to his second home within the Temple… The Meditation Gardens.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Coffee_Ninja

OOC: Sorry for the absence… DRL got me. Josch did not hear his assignment as he was making his way towards the Gardens on the Promenade level. In my humble opinion, he is still in the corridor outside of the Grand Hall walking towards a lift.

18. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Assuming there are multiple hangars due to the designation 'Hangar One' earlier. Apologies if this is wrong!

Master Kraahn IC:
    ~Grand Hall, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime~

Moving over to the table of sweets, only mildly interested, he huffed amused at Semajj's calling dibs on the fruit cake.

"Very well, but the Horshan Pastry is mine," his eyes twinkled with humor as he called his own snack.

His eyes had also already spied the gathering going on, and slowly angled toward it so he was included. There had been a reason he found his way there at this moment, that was clear. And yes, that pastry was levitated off its plate and into his mouth as he moved. Best way to not make a mess with his not-as-dextrous hands as the other species.

Munching on the snack, he listened intently to the whole discussion between the Council Members. Good decisions and a few interesting ones, but he would not question them. All was as it should be, he would trust in their wisdom.

Then came the final comments that he needed to hear.

"Very well then. To Eventide to investigate the rumors of the Sith artifact and discover if Knight Al'kesh made it that far, and find a way to help him if he did, we will assign Master Kraahn as the expedition leader."

The tchuukthai returned the nod from Master Vetruvious. He was honored by the appointment and would do his best. Plus this played to his interests. History and aiding Al'kesh. Though it would not be simple by any means. The Force sought to test them, there was no question of that either.

"Along with Knights Nosrep, Ka, Gim, and Reese."

Ah. A good group. And to be paired with Gim again only meant he'd have to keep an eye on the mischievous fellow. Good naturedly of course.

"As well as Knight Reese's padawan, Isabella."

Oh? Hm…A Padawan was a risky move in this situation, but a master and a padawan must move in tandem in most cases. It was how they learned and plus she was experienced rather than a brand new padawan, probably an instrumental fact in the decision. Kraahn already made a mental note to keep a safe eye on her partially, but would trust the judgment along with everything else.

"I'd also like to include Knight Bonaventure to this mission detail if that meets with the Council's approval."

Once the council made their enthusiastic approval, he allowed himself to just briefly interject with a: "A good way to test a new Jedi Knight. An honorable appointment."

He listened to those heading for Malastare and Kashyyyk. The Jedi Master could only trust in the Force's Will that all would turn out well for each group.

"You all have your assignments, I suggest you all get to them. After one last snack of course."

A small chuckling sound, not that it may have sounded like that to sound, emitted itself from him before he began turning his bulk around to leave.

Peregrine, the New Knight, spoke up then. "With the Council's permission, I'd like to move that we declare the formal discussions concluded. I believe we have our assignments, and will be prepared to fulfill them. But first, we should take a little more time to relax and recover before we throw ourselves back unto the breach. And since this is still my knighthood celebration party, I need to show these younglings that I can keep up with all the latest moves on the Grand Hall dance floor."

Another tchuukthai chuckle as he paused.

"Council, with your permission, I would grant a three hours preparatory period before the Eventide Task Force moves out. Take this time to do what you need to feel and be ready. We must not rush things, so we can be safe. Nor should we linger any further than that, as we must be responsible to the Will of the Council and the Will of the Force."

With a nod, and if granted permission, he began to head out again.

"Meet me in Hangar Two when you are all ready and spread the message to those of our group not here at this moment," he called in his deep voice before heading off to the gardens to meditate for a time.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik ConservativeJedi321 Zurros Ka Sarge CPL_Macja (Should you wish to see Kraahn entering the gardens)

19. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray

Rak leaned back crossing his arms listening to the conversation between Master Rand and Groucho. It seemed the Mandalorian had a vendetta to carry out. Rak was half tempted to join him. Master Piim's lightsaber, taken from her corpse by the two sith and escaped from the temple, it was the first time in a long time he heard that name. The familiar guilt he'd been living with for 10 years now reared its ugly head.

If he was here, if he had stayed he might have stopped it, might have saved all those lives. With a deep breath he let it go, returning to listening. Taab at first rejected the offer of Jedi assistance, a prod mandalorian to the last. However it seemed he relented, Master Rand had that effect particularly on the security chief. Another thing the Master was adept at was winding up the good Major, though it seemed just being around Jedi did that to him.

Rak just smiled nodding his head to points he agreed with, he had a little laugh when Rand threatened Taab with sending him on a mission to Malastare with Rak. Oh that would be the best, Rak peppering him with questions and Taab becoming more annoyed, until he either walked away or used any number of incenderarys or blasters he carried on his person to…end the questions in a permanent manner. Another laugh leaves his chest as he thinks about it.

He stood quietly listening again to the missions being given out. He quirked his brow when Semajj was assigned a task different from Rak's own. Sent even further away than the Vagabond. He also narrowed his eyes at Troi, just a little. He wondered if the knight would be a problem, on patrol he didn't wait for Rak's orders. Rak was the one in command, the one that gave the orders. He hung his head just a little, maybe it was down to his Mandalorian heritage. Much as Rak was a wanderer, Troi was a warrior.

This would certainly be an interesting mission.

He made his way over to his former apprentice. Putting a light hand on his shoulder.

"Semajj," He started, "It seems the force calls you to the stars again. I know you will be fine, you were trained well, you know your way around new places. Keep an open mind, and consider all the options before moving forward." He said giving a last bit of advice before walking on.

"Master," he said approaching Master Rand, "Do you think we could take my Vagabond?" he asked referencing his personal ship, an old battered ship but, still usable. "It's been trapped within the hangar for so long, it wants to stretch its wings."

TAG: Bardan_Jusik ConservativeJedi321 (Others gathered.)

20. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Grand Hall, Dessert Table

The two Jedi put their talk on hold to join the larger group. Seeing the rest of the Council, Koji gave his full attention to the discussion at hand. Three missions were decided upon, and just like that the Jedi were on the move. Well that was fast, Koji thought to himself. Master Kraahn was chosen to lead the Eventide Expedition, his old friend Semajj would also be with them. Master Rand was to lead a group to Malastare, along with Rak and Master Decinchi. That will be an interesting goup. Lastly, Koji would join Knight Iotasi and Master Kasumi to investigate the Security Commander's lead on the surfacing of Master Piim's lightsaber at Kashyyk. Koji had never met Master Piim, but her loss was felt by all who knew her.

"I'd also like to assign initiate Ugem'bivi as well to this particular mission." The rest of the Council looked to one another, clearly confused. Koji too, was caught off guard, but quickly regained his bearing, "Padawan Ugem'bivi," he interjected, going with the flow. "Knight Vansyph had expressed an interest in training her," Master Runa answered their unverbalized questions. "Perhaps now is a good time for a test to determine her potential validity as a padawan." Just then, Koji noticed his newly appointed pupil was within earshot, standing at the edge of the assembled group. Shock and excitement were evident on her face, though she fought to conceal those expressions.

"Come, we have much to discuss before the mission kicks off." Koji motioned for Bivi to stand next to him. "Master Kasumi, time is of the essence, but before we depart may I have a few moments with my padawan?"As the meeting concluded, some of the others finished their pastries while others continued to exert themselves on the dancefloor.

"You need gear, and proper Padawan robes." Koji stretched out his hand to the Twi'lek. "Here, take this datapad to the armory. I have authorized for them to give you what you need." Bivi was still speechless. "Report back to me once that is done."

"Training begins now." He stated calmly as he put a reassuring hand to her shoulder.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Coffee_Ninja Rebecca_Daniels ConservativeJedi321 CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422

21. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Grand Hall

As the council meeting concluded Master Kraahn, having been assigned mission leader for their trip to Eventide, asked the council for a preparation period. Before looking to the members of his team, requesting they meet in Hanger 2 at the allotted time.

"Yes, I will be sure to arrive on schedule. It shouldn't take me long to prepare; first I would like to head to the library, and see if I can uncover any information on this mysterious planet. Even a passive mention in the historical database, could potentially come in handy..."

He was interrupted just then by a hand clasping his shoulder. It might have startled him, if not for how he had sensed his old master approaching in the seconds preceding it. He calmly turned to face the human, who had been assigned to the mission to Malastare. Offering a welcoming smile to signal he didn't mind the minor interruption, he greeted Rak, as he had made his intentions clear enough already.

"Semajj, It seems the force calls you to the stars again. I know you will be fine, you were trained well, you know your way around new places. Keep an open mind, and consider all the options before moving forward."

The Ongree nodded at the sagely wisdom of his old Master. They had not had the same calling perhaps, with their drastically different mindsets when it comes to elements of the Jedi path, but he would always respect Rak Avarray
    for the role he played in forging him into the Knight he is today.

"I will do my best as always Rak. May the Force be with you as well." he offered a polite bow as the human moved off to talk to Master Rand.

Semajj took one last glance at the gathered Jedi, before moving towards the exit. He couldn't waste any time, if he had any hope of assessing what they may be facing on their assignment to Eventide, he had to start now.

Tags: Bardan_Jusik, Darth_Elu, galactic-vagabond422

22. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Grand Hall

Kasumi realized that she hadn't been seen, but she knew that she had to get to Josch quickly. Something was off...something about him was...different. She was brought out of her thoughts by the mention of Koji wanting a moment with Bivi. Kasumi nodded in agreement.

"Excuse me for a moment."

Kasumi found her feet moving quicker than she remembered asking them too. She came around the corridor, and saw Josch heading for the mediation gardens. Nothing had changed in that respect. It had been a long time since she had seen a friend. She caught up a little ways closer and stopped. They had shared so much of the same history, the question was did time erase all memory of that. There was only one way to find out.

"Meditation Gardens....sounds like a good place to go my friend. It's good to see a friend, grandmaster. It has been way too long."

Kasumi respectfully bowed to her friend, waiting for a response.

Tag: CPL_Macja, The Vanguard, Bardan_Jusik

23. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    Kachirho market
    Kachirho, Edo quickly decided, was easily the most amazing thing she had ever experienced. There was simply so much, all varied, with no one sight the same. There was an insane amount of shops, with so much to offer.
    She hadn't yet found a translator for her and Janis yet, since she couldn't use a vast majority of the devices that used basic, but so far that hadn't made too many problems.
    As she stretched out her force senses, she felt something off... But that sense was quickly interrupted when she heard a voice call, "Authorities! Authorities!"
    She quickly walked over to the scene, hoping to blend in with the crowd, before she saw someone running as fast as they could away from the fruit-stand. Edo immediately ran after him. As she chased, she opened herself to the force, attempting to telepathically call Janis, thinking, "Market!"
    Even though she knew she wasn't that intimidating, she yelled, "Stop," in the hopes that he would hesitate at least. Reaching out with the force again, she still saw something off, but she hoped that Janis, with no translator and probably no equipment but her chair, could resolve anything that was wrong.

24. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Grand Hall

As his newly appointed padawan departed for the armory with a skip in her step, Koji looked around for Knight Iotasi, hoping to discuss the mission at hand. Before finding her, he sent a message to his droid, "Won-Ton, the Council has assigned me to a mission. We already have enough astromechs on the ship we're taking. Resume low-power mode until I return."

His comlink blinked with a response, "Bloop!" [OK]

TAG: Rebecca_Daniels Bardan_Jusik Coffee_Ninja

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Was originally going to have us on our way to our assignments here, but as we have a few dangling details (I hate to leave anything dangling) and since we're not really on any kind of time crunch, we'll use this week to clean those up. We will be off and on the shuttles to begin my next update though (so we can catch up with Exogorth), so if y'all have anything that needs finishing, I'd say get it wrapped up this week. :p

GM Update: Part 1

IC: Padawan Isabella (NPC)

Padawan Isabella had watched the Knighting ceremony of Bonaventure with a mixture of awe, excitement and a tinge of envy. The two were the same rank, and had conducted some of the same training together, and of course she knew him from the dorms, but the pair hadn't bonded as friends. Too many differences between the two and not much common ground aside from their training didn't leave much for them to talk about. Of course she didn't spend a lot of time talking with any of the other padawans, instead she spent most of her free time in the library, either working on her own studies or expanding her mind on non assigned topics. Still she was proud of Bonaventure, though she hoped her own ceremony was not far off.

She had come to the ceremony with her master, Knight Reese, a far more active Knight than she was a padawan, though thankfully not so "active" as Knight Troi. She liked and respected her master, and truly enjoyed some of the late night talks the two of them had regarding the nature of the force. However as the ceremony went on she found herself moving back, towards one of the back walls of the Grand Hall so she could not only observe the ceremony, but everyone in attendance as well. Her observations were brought to a halt though as the Council saw fit to hold an impromptu meeting during the celebration.

"To Eventide to investigate the rumors of the Sith artifact and discover if Knight Al'kesh made it that far, and find a way to help him if he did, we will assign Master Kraahn as the expedition leader, Along with Knights Nosrep, Ka, Gim and Reese." The inclusion of her master brought a slight upward curl to Isabella's upper lip, not quite a smile, but something close to it. With him gone she would be on her own, content to spend her time in the archives... "As well as Knight Reese's padawan, Isabella."

Isabella's head jerked back and the beginnings of her smiled dropped away at the sound of her name. This was an important mission, and potentially a dangerous one. The Council was showing great faith in her by assigning her this role. She would do her best to not disappoint them, or her master. Seeing that several of the Jedi on her team had congregated near the dessert table, Isabella made her way over there quickly, bumping into her master along the way. "You're ready for this," he said to her proudly. Not trusting her voice at the moment she could only nod in reply, though her eyes beamed with excitement. She didn't seem to be the only one.

"With the Council's permission, I'd like to move that we declare the formal discussions concluded. I believe we have our assignments, and will be prepared to fulfill them." Padawan...No Knight Bonaventure was saying as Knight Reese and padawan Isabella approached the group. "But first, we should take a little more time to relax and recover before we throw ourselves back unto the breach. And since this is still my knighthood celebration party, I need to show these younglings that I can keep up with all the latest moves on the Grand Hall dance floor." Knight Bonaventure then broke out into the most ridiculous dance Isabella had ever seen. Where had he learned such a thing? She rolled her eyes in exasperation, yet another indicator of why she and he hadn't crossed paths as much as they could have.

"Council, with your permission, I would grant a three hours preparatory period before the Eventide Task Force moves out. Take this time to do what you need to feel and be ready. We must not rush things, so we can be safe. Nor should we linger any further than that, as we must be responsible to the Will of the Council and the Will of the Force."

Master Vetruvious gestured his assent to Master Kraahn's suggestion and Reese turned to Isabella. "Three hours then to prepare yourself, you know what you need."

"Meet me in Hangar Two when you are all ready and spread the message to those of our group not here at this moment." Isabella bowed in reply to the departing Master.

"Yes, I will be sure to arrive on schedule. It shouldn't take me long to prepare; first I would like to head to the library, and see if I can uncover any information on this mysterious planet. Even a passive mention in the historical database, could potentially come in handy..."

The library? Isbella's eyes opened wide at Knight Nosrep's mention of her favorite place in the Temple. "I'd like to go with him," she told her master. "With Knight Nosrep's permission of course." She knew of Knight Nosrep by reputation, and from what she had heard he was much like she was Together she was sure they would find out something about this unknown world they were headed to.

TAG: ConservativeJedi321

OOC: CJ31, Padawan Isabella is yours for the moment but I'll need her back after we reach Eventide. You'll have a PM shortly regarding your research. ;)

[hr]

[COLOR=#0000ff][B]Master Elim Rand (NPC-Restricted to GM use only)[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0000ff][B]Grand Hall, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime[/B][/COLOR]

[B]Master Rand[/B] was busy laughing along with [B]Knight Bonaventure's[/B] unorthodox dance moves when he was approached by[B] Knight Avarray[/B]. [COLOR=#ffff00] "Master, do you think we could take my Vagabond?"[/COLOR] Rand furrowed his brow, he wasn't as up to speed on the craft occupying the Temple's various hanger bays as others in the Temple were.[COLOR=#ffff00] "It's been trapped within the hangar for so long, it wants to stretch its wings.[/COLOR]" Rand's eyes glinted with amusement.

[COLOR=#0000ff]"It wants to stretch it's wings, or you do do?"[/COLOR] He asked, his voice inflection clearing indicating he was only teasing. [COLOR=#0000ff] "I think it's a wonderful idea. Go and make preparations for our departure and I'll spread the word that we leave in a few hours."[/COLOR]

[B]TAG:[/B] [USER=1354732]galactic-vagabond422[/USER]

[hr]

IC: Initiate Ugem'bivi (NPC)
    en route to the Temple Armory

"I'd also like to assign initiate Ugem'bivi as well to this particular mission." The Twi'lek nearly spat out her drink at hearing her name called in connection with...well with anything, but especially with anything connected to so prestigious an assignment. The Council didn't look quite as sure, though they seemed mollified at hearing that Knight Vansyph who was also going along on the mission had expressed an interest in training her.

Of course bivi missed all of that, as she was further shocked to hear Knight Vansyph call out "Padawan Ugem'bivi," as he corrected them. A padawan? He had selected her to be his padawan? Bivi felt lightheaded at the prospect. She was sure she was about to be discarded to the trash bin known as the Logistics services in the coming week,s and now here she was, selected to be an apprentice and go off world on an assignment!

"Come, we have much to discuss before the mission kicks off." Her new master motioned for her to stand next to him. "You need gear, and proper Padawan robes." Koji stretched out his hand to the Twi'lek. "Here, take this datapad to the armory. I have authorized for them to give you what you need." Bivi was still speechless. "Report back to me once that is done."

"Training begins now." He stated calmly as he put a reassuring hand to her shoulder causing the twi'lek to nearly jump out of her skin. She stood there for a moment before realizing he had given her an assignment. Bowing quickly she replied now with a sheepish smile n her face, "yes...master," before hurrying out of the Grand Hall on her way to the armory.

Once out on the corridor bivi found it hard to contain her excitement. She had dreamed of this day for so long and now it was finally here! Passing Master Kasumi and Former Grand Master Decinchi in the corridor, Bivi was so self absorbed that she forgot to bow as she rushed past them though she overheard Master Kasumi greeting him like an old friend.

"Meditation Gardens....sounds like a good place to go my friend. It's good to see a friend, grandmaster. It has been way too long."

Bivi didn't wait around to see how he responded though, and it wasn't until later that she even realized her break with protocol. She worried for a moment that they would chase her down and take away her apprenticeship, but told herself she was worrying over nothing. She was just excited, they couldn't punish her that severely for that...could they? Arriving at the Temple Armory Ini...no. Padawan Ugem'bivi slowed her pace and tried to control her breathing. She didn't want to seem the excited neophyte that she was to someone as...imposing as Preiss, the Bith caretaker of the Temple Armory.

The old Bith (everyone over 30 seemed old to bivi) wasn't as physically an imposing figure as say Commander Taab, or Knight Troi, but he seemed spry enough. No it was his mind and his skills that could frighten anyone who knew him. In the old days, just after the the breaking of the Sith siege of the Temple the armory had been the bailiwick of then Major Taab. Of course back then Taab had been the entirety of the Temple's security staff. As the population of the Temple grew, and more members joined Temple security the major earned his promotion to Commander, and gladly handed off day to day control of the armory to Preiss. That pair seemed to get along wonderfully, and even bivi had spotted them in the dining hall talking tactics and strategy of battles long ago. There were rumors that the pair had sparred on occasion, with neither ever able to claim clear superiority over the other. Bivi suspected those sparring sessions just increased the mutual respect they pair seemed to have for one another. Of course the very idea that this wiry looking Bith could sometimes overcome the hulking walking tank that was Commander Taab just added to his imposing reputation. So Ugem'bivi wanted to make sure to make a good first impression as a padawan.

Taking in a deep breath she entered the open doorway to the armory. Inside was a counter which ran from wall to wall, a section of it could be lifted to allow entry into the rest of the room. under that counter could be found the various supplies an armorer would need to clean and maintain all the weapons in his care. Along the walls behind that counter hung all manner of melee weapons, including spare lightsabers. She was going to need one of those, at least until she got back from this assignment and had a chance to build one of her own. The far side of the armory was dominated by the vault which contained small arms (blasters and such) and could be sealed at the armorer's discretion. The heavy blast doors to the vault were open and now from inside emerged Preiss. Ugmebivi bowed deeply.

"Master Armorer," she held out the datapad Knight Vansyph had given her. "I've been taken as a padawan learner and am in need of a few things." She swallowed hard, hoping she was doing this right. "My master gave me this list to give to you."

TAG: The Vanguard, Sarge, CPL_Macja, Coffee_Ninja

OOC: Vanguard, go ahead and take control of Bivi at this point. I may step in from time to time for game purposes, but she's pretty much all yours from here on out. I'm also very glad to introduce Sarge's secondary character into the game, hopefully I did him some justice there. Sarge he is all yours.

IC: Master Hector Zey (NPC-Restricted to GM use only)

Master Hector Zey watched as the festivities continued on even as some members began to depart to get an early start on preparations for their duties. He sighed heavily. He would not begrudge those their moments of joyous celebration, not when there was no guarantee that all of them would come back alive. Yes, the missions seemed simple, but they were all fraught with danger as well. The team headed to Eventide was headed into the unknown, and unknown that very well may have consumed Knight Al'Kesh. The team headed to Malastare would be trying to retrace the last steps of a Jedi who had lost his sanity. Who could tell if those Jedi would meet the same fate. And those headed to Kashyyyk, they could be confronting a pair of Sith that had killed numerous Jedi, including a Jedi master and member of this Council, those many years ago. Yes, these were Jedi (well most of them) trained to adapt and overcome obstacles placed in their way, and with the force as their ally they could be unstoppable. Still the grizzled old Jedi master could not shake the sense of foreboding he now felt. He had a very bad feeling about this. And so, as the party began to wind down, Zey made a point of approaching each of the attendees who would be going off world and offered them his hand. "May the Force be with you."

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Zurros Ka, Darth_Elu, Rebecca_daniels, Master Vo'Un'Var

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.