main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Legacy of the Red Sun --2007 Fanfic Award Nominee-Author's Note 6/26/2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Marrs, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Great chapther, although I am sad you killed Chewie. I can see some Clark Kent in Kale, thats good. I think him and Han should be good friends.

2. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I love the sharp wit, your ability to change my mood from one sentence to the next and I knew it!! I knew immediately that Prin was Jade but I was as shocked as Kale when he saw here again. I enjoy Solo's character as a seasoned and disciplined soldier and commander and I like how you can still see the ol' Han underneath the layers of military training and battle. I look forward to seeing where you take me on this ride!! Hurry up and get the next chapter done, buddy!

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    ooo... she's damn lucky she did't get damanged beyond repair... you don't want a dark side Kryptonian on your hands... :p

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can't wait to see what happens next! =D=

5. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Lady_Jade?Thank you. Kale?s certainly not been having the best of days recently.

AndrewLightstar?feedback is always welcome. In response to your first point I went back and looked at the movie. Yavin itself is a red gas giant, but based on 1) the blue skies and green vegetation of Yavin IV (color of vegetation and sky is a product of the spectra of light the star produces) and the fact that the Falcon flies into the battle in front of a pretty clearly yellow sun, I?d have to say the movie overrides any written comments that suggest the Yavin system orbits a red sun. Doesn?t mean that what was intended, but that?s what?s in the movie.

On the second point, I was going to point out how many times we?ve seen Superman in space in the movies without any ill effects, but actually, I like dajohu?s suggestion better, so we?ll go with that![face_whistling]

Anyway, thank you for reading, and don?t hesitate to point out errors. I?m far from an expert in either of these franchises!

Dajohu?thank you! And we?re going with your interpretation of Kale?s power. Sounds better than mine!

DMac-X?Yeah, I don?t think Solo would fare well in a fight with Kale. But then, he?d never have to. Solo is the big brother/uncle Kale always wanted but never had.

Jedi-2B?I like this Han too. Being the Rogue pilot is all well and good, but being a Rogue in uniform is better.

cibbler?First, I?d like to apologize if I?ve ever typed your name as Cobbler. I just realized that my Word has been auto-correcting your name. Sorry. Second?yeah, no Chewie, sadly. :_| From what I understand of Han?s backstory, Chewie was the reason he was cashiered from the service. I just couldn?t think of a way of keeping Han in the service and keeping Chewie alive within the story I wanted to set up. I wanted Han to have no connections to his old life.

Raptor517?Sorry. Now I?m really starting to feel guilty. Fortunately, I?ll life to kill again. Hehehe.

Talon_Kenobi?this is actually more of a Smallville/Star Wars crossover than just a straight superman. I?ve watched a lot more Smallville than I?ve read Superman comics.

SkalenFehl-_Thank you for the kind words. Sorry this post is a bit late?It?s been a crazy week.

RedGold?Wonder what red Kryptonite would do to Kale in this story? Not going to find out in part 1, but it does make you wonder.

VaderLVR64?your wait is at an end!

For your reading pleasure I present Chapter Eleven, in which everyone marvels at Kale?s track and field potential, Mara reveals the person underneath the skin and you all get to meet my little Green Friend.

Chapter Eleven: The Master

Leia couldn?t believe the security scans.

It was bad enough to have a spy on the base. Dodonna had personally overseen the strip search conducted on Mara Jade, along with Leia and ten armed female guards. The Imperial had withstood the humiliating search with a set jaw and death in her eyes, but said nothing.

What shocked everyone, though, was seeing Kale Naberrie jump across the entire width of a cafeteria designed to seat five thousand, and then pick up a machine weighing as much as three full grown men.

?And he survived a deep space vacuum without any protection for at least an hour,? Winter pointed out as she also watched the take with the Princess, General Dodonna, and Colonel Solo.

Leia noted with approval that Solo had switched to an Alliance-issue uniform. ?So what did you say to calm him down?? she asked the colonel.

Solo shrugged. ?Kale?s an orphan. He needed a father figure and was following me like a puppy, so I just played the part. Good thing, too. I don?t mind a dead spy?she fooled Klivian and me. But I?d cry real tears over a broken caf dispenser.?

?He is not a droid,? Winter said. ?I took a few scans on the ship en route, and confirmed that he is a living being.?

?Blood test?? Dodonna asked.

Winter grimaced. ?Sorry, I couldn?t get a needle in. I took a few

6. dajohu

dajohu Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    YAY! Yoda has arrived! I can't wait to see what caused such a reaction by Yoda to Kale's use of the Force. I really enjoyed the Kale/Mara talk and even moreso the Han/Leia talk/argument. I'm also glad you liked my idea about Tattooine's affect on Kale. :) This is quickly becoming one of my favorite fanfics and I can't wait for the next update!

-dajohu

7. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    hhmmm... i'm not sure if you're shipping Kale/Winter or Kale/Mara but could make life interesting!!

and love Han... he never changes...

8. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    Yoda's here, Leia's true heritage is revealed, Han and Leia have begun the ever amusing flirting/fighting banter, Mara escaped......

yup...things are going to start getting very interesting soon methinks. Though I do wonder what Yoda is gonna do about Kale.... [face_thinking]

9. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Mara and Yoda and Leia, oh my! LOL! Lots of stuff packed into this chapter. It's good to see Leia learn her heritage already. Excuse me a moment while I let a sniff escape that she never got to know her brother. :_|

Btw, I'm starting on the next part of that other story of yours. Give me a few more days. ;)

10. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    *wipes brow* That was a lot of reading to do! This is a great story, and I'm sorry I didn't click on it earlier. I love your portrayal of ex-Imp Han (of course ;) ) but I feel bad little Luke died so young, and Chewie is dead. :(

So now Mara is on the loose, Vader is after Leia, and Clark, err, Kale, still has to learn how to control his temper.

11. cibbler

cibbler Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    yep, ya turned my name into cobbler once;)

Yoda's arrivel was unexpected and it was funny to see how Dodonna immediately recognised him by the words, Needs see you must.
    (I'm vaguely wondering how long he'll live [face_alien_1] )

Han and Leia at there best;) love that.

12. AndrewLightstar

AndrewLightstar Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2006
    Love this next chapter, and I'm going to love what Yoda's going to have to say about Kale. And the only reason I questions is because of two reasons.

1. All the cannon lore for SW comes from the Movies and now Books, but it's just the opposite for superman all the cannon lore comes from the comics and the movies mean very little in superman cannon lore, even Smallville has no say. It's Kind of sad. And I hadn't seen the Yaven IV system in a while because I don't have the movies yet {blush} I'm kind of waiting for the super (pun intended) set to come out with all the movies. And the only copies I can get are from a friends who would have bugged every hour for the three days it would have taken me to watch all the movies. So I had to go from memory and sometimes it aint that great.

2. DC is very protective of it's creation to almost a death grip unlike Uncle Gorge. And yes there grip is just as bad as another Sci-Fi from P****mount. As for the Superman lore, superman had a problem staying in space for long int he comics, for one he can only stay in space as long as he can hold his breath and second it like hooking a 12vlt battery up to something that's draws 15vlts and it's sucks his soler power away very quickly even thought he had direct access to the suns rays.

But under no circumstances do I want you to change anything This is a really good story and want to hear it finished as you see and screw all the lore because I believe if you have a death grip on something you're going to kill it.

P.S. Having a Blue sky doesn't mean that the sun is a orange through white star it's mainly a judge of the moisture content of the atmosphere. Ar at least thats the common science I've seen but things change like Pluto!

13. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    And the plot thickens some more. I loved the part with Yoda's entrance, and Kale throwing the wrong table with the force. And why did he let Mara out? A mystery, this is. :D Yes, I know who I sound like.

Update soon, you must! The galaxy depends upon it!

Raptor517

14. centerpoint1

centerpoint1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2006
    this is excellant reading.....please pm me when you update....
    How do you manage to write several stories at once....
    I like the fact Kale is as clumsy as his alter ego CK

15. tjmitchem

tjmitchem Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2006
    Nice. Very nice.
    More please!

DMac-X

16. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Wow. Leia is going to be a Jedi and Yoda is no longer hiding. Han is a wise guy after all and Mara escaped! Wonder what other developments are in store!? Keep up the great work!

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another exciting chapter! :D Love the arrival of Yoda. :p

There was a knock and the door opened to admit one of the general?s aides. ?Sir, I?m sorry to interrupt, but an unscheduled ship has landed.?

?What?? Dodonna said in alarm. ?How did it get past security??

?It?s a small craft, sir. But even so, I don?t know how it was able to get past our sensor net. We didn?t notice it until it was on the ground. The pilot is?unique, sir. He said he needs see you must. I mean, he needs to see you.?

Dodonna stared at the aide for a long moment. ?Ensign, did he really say ?Needs see you must???

?His exact words were: ?Need to see Dodonna, I do.??

Dodonna looked shocked for a moment, and then smiled. ?Let me guess. He is green, with long ears, and stands around 65 centimeters high??

The aide nodded, mystified.

?Well, it seems we have been honored by a visit from the last living Jedi Master,? Dodonna said. ?Let?s go meet Master Yoda.?

[face_laugh] =D=

18. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Dajohu?Thank you, I?m glad you?re enjoying it. I guess since I have people reading, I better get started on part two (they roughly follow the same time frames as the OT).

RedGold?truthfully, I?m not sure either. May not ever get any answer. If Smallville could string the Clark/Lana/Chloe triabgle for 5 years, I could probably manage 30000 words or so :rolleyes: .

Lady_Jade?Yep, it?s interesting. Poor Yoda.

Jedi-2B?now were off to see the Wizard, the wonderful wizard of Sith :D . And thanks as always!

PonyTricks?Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Thanks for the kind words.

cibbler?I promise not to kill either Dodonna or Yoda in Part 1. Really. I swear. O:) Ask Jedi-2B. I never lie about who I?m going to kill.

AndrewLightstar?And that?s why I studied literature in college and not physics. I gladly cede the point on the appearance of atmosphere?I read up on that after your last post and realized I was just a wee bit wrong there [face_monkey] (not the first time either, sadly). Color of the foliage is a little more ambiguous to me. So I?ll just have to fall back on the fact the sun was white/yellow in the movie as Han flew in to get Vader. As for canon events in the comic books, this is 1) an alternate universe first; and 2) written by a non-comic book fanatic. I?ve owned 30 comic books in my whole life, although I did buy collections, such as Superman?s death and Kingdom Come, which just rocked. So any inconsistencies with Superman canon should be written off either to my ignorance, or the different physics of my alternate universe.

Either way, I hope you?re still able to enjoy the story.

Raptor517?Kale didn?t actually let Mara out, as seen in this chapter. She?s a resourceful girl, after all.

Centerpoint1?Why thank you. I?ll be glad to PM. The trick on writing several at once?I didn?t, actually. I had 75,000 written on Gods of Dark and Light before I started posting. I finished it months before I finished posting, which gave me time to knock off Legacy real quick. Then I turned my attention to Heaven Falls. Now, I will say that since I'm a 115,000 or so words into Heaven Falls, I?ve started working on Part 2 of Legacy. I?m envisioning three parts roughly following the timeline of the movies. So, not all at once, just a lot of one thing at a time.

Yeah, and I love a clumsy superman. A bit of comic release.

Tjmitchem?Thank you. Will do. See you.

SkalenFehl?Thank you, there?s more coming!

VaderLVR64?Thank you!

And now, for your reading pleasure, I present Chapter 12, in which Mara shows you the girl beneath the skin, Han proves he has foresight worthy of a Jedi, and Yoda talks funny.

Enjoy!

Chapter Twelve: Assassin

?Yes, my master,? Mara whispered to herself. Her eyes were squeezed shut. When she opened them, her master?s voice still echoed in her mind, but the cell and the hallway beyond were empty.

She lifted the right leg of her trousers and ran a hand along her smooth shin, until she felt a slight thickening. Without expression, she dug at the skin until a flap came loose under the short-cropped nail. She pulled a long strip of flesh-colored material from her leg and held it in front of her. She pulled the strip apart at the middle and pressed each half against a stretch of bar, then stepped back. She pulled the rest of the synthflesh off, revealing her natural skin underneath.

Smoke appeared as the acidic material began eating away at the bars. In less than a minute, the bar came loose. She caught it and placed it on the floor of her cell, and then in a feat of flexibility squeezed through the small opening until she stood free in the hall.

She ran toward the end of the hall and found a narrow, caved-in passage. With a glance down the hall at the sentries, she began removing rock until a finger of light stabbed through between the rocks. She removed a few more, gasped at the humid ai

19. dajohu

dajohu Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    First of all, I absolutely loved the "Alderaanian clothing customs" line, that was hilarious, and a close second was the Corellians wear cups line by Han. rofl I'm very intrigued by the followers of Palawa. Your own creation I assume? I also really like how you are staying so close to the original trilogy with the upcoming death star rescue but still making it into an entirely different adventure. Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment of Legacy goodness.

-dajohu

20. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    you have this obession with clothing... are you a closet fashion designer? :p

And lovely twist back into the OT...

21. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ahhh! Escaped Mara knocks out Leia, knocks out Han, and kidnaps Leia??!!! :eek: :eek:

Now, I desire revenge upon the Red Head! :mad: Kale needs some of that red kyptonite to make him very, very [face_skull] . (never mind me.... I watched Smallville last night...)

22. cibbler

cibbler Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    Prolonged, uncontrolled flatulence Flatulence? Flatulence? <grabs dictionairy and reads translation> Nope, for certain, no flatulence anywhere:D

Every chapter has something big happening and continues to surprise:) good good!

Mara was lucky indeed she didn't run into Kale.

So Leia is going to be handdelivered to dear dad, but the rescue squad is on their way..or ready to go..
    Again eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

23. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Oops. My bad, on thinking Kale turned idiot and let the little assassin out. Sorry.:oops:

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing Kale wreak havoc on the Death Star. I have a lot of ideas for ways he could do it, but I will just keep quiet because you seem to have an excellent imagination for destructive ways.[face_thinking] [face_beatup]

Thanks for the PM!

Raptor517

24. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Nice! I wanna see Kale kick some more Vader butt and get a little shock treatment from the Emperor. [face_laugh]

Keep up the good work!

25. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Solo had just spent two hours drilling his pilots, herself included, and so nothing was in the air except the standard patrol, which would have been on the far side of the gas giant Yavin by now.

I thought Mara just spent two hours in the brig. Guess she wasn't in there as long as I thought.

Yep, the big Death Star rescue is coming up. It'll be just a little different with Kale instead of Luke, though. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.