main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Legacy of the Red Sun --2007 Fanfic Award Nominee-Author's Note 6/26/2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Marrs, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cal-gon

Cal-gon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2000
    cool cross over...I like the way this is going keep up the good work and add me to the pm please

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    You go back and forth between your worlds effortlessly! Lovely! =D=

3. hpssslashfan

hpssslashfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2007
    WOW OOH WOW!
    PM me please?
    I love visualizing Tom Welling as Kale in the SW universe.
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

4. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Dajohu?first again as always. Yeah, I was happy I was able to get that in. I think it came from ?Empire of Dreams? that the costume designer for SW decided ?No bras in space!? or something like that, I can?t remember for sure. So Carrie Fisher used tape, and it was a running contest to see who got to remove it at the end of the shoot. Evidently she was quite fun to be around as a young woman, if you were a man, anyway. (Postcards from the Edge, anyone?)

RedGold?I have an obsession with removing tape from Carrie Fisher?s (circa 1977) chest. =P~ And thanks!

PonyTricks?Not being a real intense comic book fan, I?ve missed the rainbow of Kryptonite colors, until I stared Netflixing Smallville. But Kryptonite in the GFFA is very rare. In fact, it can only be found in one place and one place only. But that isn?t in Part One.

cibbler?Yep, that would have ruined her plans pretty quick.

Raptor517?Kale does go a bit nuts on the Death Star, but believe it or not he?s not the one who destroys it. That honor will go to another favorite canon character I?ve not yet talked about. Kale is there to rescue the princess, after all.

SkalenFehl?No emperor shocking in Part 1, but the possibility is definitely out there. As for Vader butt kicking?we?ll see. :cool:

Jedi-2B?I was a little flip about the timing. My idea was that Solo had just been drilling his new squad when he ran into Kale on the way to the cafeteria, but I?m not sure I spelled that out right. [face_clown]

Cal-gon?take me away?[face_beatup]. Thank you. Consider yourself added.

VaderLVR64?Thank you as always.

Hpssslashfan?Not a ckllslashfan? [face_thinking] Hehe. Sorry. Couldn?t help it. I?m glad I can please. You?re on the list!

Update: Legacy of the Red Sun was meant to parallel Star Wars IV: A New Hope in chronology. That leaves the door open to two sequels, one of which I?ve just recently begun. I do have a question, though. Would you prefer me to post the sequels in this same thread, or start a new thread with story since each will be a stand-alone story?

Let me know what you think.

And now, for your reading pleasure, I present Chapter Thirteen, in which Leia and Vader discuss the Dark Lord?s parentage and the legal status of his birth, and Han dreams of removing tape from Carrie Fisher?s?.er, never mind.

Chapter Thirteen: Touched By Darkness

Mara lay prostrate on the floor, her head against the grating of Darth Vader?s chambers, while the holoimage of the emperor spoke.

?You have done well, Mara Jade. Soon, the Rebellion will be crushed.?

?And Kale Naberrie, Master??

?He will die when Yavin IV does,? the emperor said. ?Lord Vader??

?Yes, my master.? Vader knelt a few meters away from where Mara prostrated herself.

?Inform Moff Tarkin of his new target, and ensure the moon is destroyed. Naberrie is as much a threat to the galaxy as the rebellion itself. Failure will not be tolerated.?

?It shall be done, my master,? Vader said.

?And when the rebellion is crushed, Lord Vader, you are to bring your daughter to me.?

Vader bowed, ?As you command, my Master.?

The image blinked out of existence. Vader stood and found Mara staring at him. ?Daughter? The princess is your daughter??

?Yes, Jade,? Vader said. ?And I was most displeased to see the harm you did her.?

Mara?s eyes blazed. ?I brought her to you.?

?Which is why, Mara Jade, you are alive.? Vader motioned to the door. ?You are my master?s servant, and this affords you a level of protection. But there are limits to that protection. Remember that.?

Mara was tempted to argue the point further, but knew better and left.

Once alone, Vader turned away from the door and the holo pad and walked toward the newest addition to his Death Star quarters. He entered the security code and stepped inside a spacious, well appointed room.

The princess, dressed now in a featureless white dress, stood from

5. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Yes, it's always easier getting in than getting out. But this time they have Superman with them. ;)

6. dajohu

dajohu Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    NOOOOO! :_| I have failed, hopefully for the last time. (Please don't imitate Vader here) I didn't get the first post and now I will mope around until the next update where I will feverishly attempt to reclaim my place as the 'rightful' owner of the first post spot. :) Anyway, another excellent update, I'm looking forward to the "rescue".

-dajohu

On the sequel front, personally I would prefer that you just added them to the end of this one, but that's just me. :)

7. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    ?Fine, thank you,? Kale lied. ?How much longer till we die again??

Han grinned. ?About ten minutes.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Gald to know the tension of the mission hasn't ruined their sense of sarcasam. It should be interesting to see how this plan unfolds...

hmmmm, garbage chute scene or not....?? With Kale there it would certainly be easy to get out.

8. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Interesting. And now Kale is loose on the Death Star. I sorry, but I'm really looking forward to some major destruction. Speaking of which, the chemical plant four blocks from my house has blown up. So I get something to whet my appetite.

Raptor517

9. hpssslashfan

Feb 3, 2007
    Kale lied. ?How much longer till we die again??

Han grinned. ?About ten minutes.?

?Okay, thanks.?

ROTFLMAO [face_laugh]

10. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    you do have a one track mind... :p

great post though... we are just digging ourselves deeper!

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    ?That seemed too easy,? Winter said.

?Getting in has always been easier than getting out,? Solo said. ?Come on. We don?t have much time.?

Isn't that the truth!??

=D=

12. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I think your posts are getting shorter! :p

?So you?re a slave then,? Leia sneered.

With a roar Vader flew across the room and, with a gloved cybernetic around her neck, flung Leia against the cold durasteel wall of her prison. Gasping for breath, she whispered, ?Is this how you killed my mother??

Abruptly Vader dropped her to the floor and backed away, holding his hand out before him as if it were on fire. Leia picked herself up, touching her bruised neck gingerly. ?That?s how you did it, isn?t it? Choking her. Did you use your hands, or the Force? Did you feel anything when you killed her, Father??

Leia was never one to pull punches with anybody. Gotta admire her for that. She definitely has guts! Looking forward to the next (longer) update!

13. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    dajohu, you have to be pretty quick to beat PonyTricks.

Nice job getting them aboard, D_M. Now the havoc can begin.

If the sequel will have the same title, with just a Part II added, I think you could just post it in this same thread. Would be easier for new readers who are starting from the beginning. If you do decide to start a new thread, be sure to put links from one to the other.

14. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    This is wonderful! Will Kale use the crystal and find out about Krypton, Jor-El, and the Fortress of Solitude? By the way, I don't suppose it will be the destruction of the Death Star that releases General Zod and company, if they're going to be in here, that it. (I personally consider it a neccesity that all Superman fics of the proper time period contain the line "Kneel before Zod!" Although this one is so good I wouldn't want to see anything artificial grafted on.)

Can you add me to your PM list, please?

15. cibbler

cibbler Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    Vader treatens Mara because she hurt his daughter and then pretty much does the same himself...

The rescue is on its way. Loved their interaction.

16. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    PonyTricks?you beat dajohu! Wow. Yeah, it?s definitely going to be a different scenario with Kale involved.

Dajohu?I feel your pain, my friend. May you have better luck this time. And thanks for the feed back with the sequel. I may have some downtime between this one and the next, but I think I probably will just continue it in this thread.

Lady_Jade?No garbage chute scene in this one. Like you said, it would be a little too easy for Kale to get out. No, Kale will encounter something a little more? well, you?ll see.

Raptor?Big booms are fun, except when they are next door and spew chemicals around your neighborhood. Hope you?re okay.

Hpssslashfan?Glad you liked it!

RedGold?yes. =P~

VaderLVR64?the best traps are those that close after the prey is in.

Skalenfehl?Hmmm, quantity or quality? Or, in my case, neither? The Leia of this story is a little more active than the last. I never liked how she was relegated to damsel in distress in Jedi. Granted, she got to kill a few troopers, but that was just another aspect of the Ewok thing that bothered me. Oh well. This time around she is more than just a fair damsel. At least she will be.

Jedi-2B?Let loose the dogs of war. Or, something like that. And thanks for the feedback on where to put the sequel.

TigerofRobare?Kale doesn?t use the Crystal in this particular fic, but he does discover more about himself and his people in the sequel, of which I?m about 38 pages into. And you?ve been added!

On a side note?I saw a satirical play on Star Wars and Star Trek called the Phantom Mofo or something like that. They took pictures from Phantom Menace and Star Trek Generations and played with captions. They hade Mace Windu talking like Samuel L Jackson from Pulp Fiction, and took the scene of Chancellor Valorum (the same actor played Zod) in the senate yelling: ?Kneel before Zod!? It was truly hilarious. Wish I could remember the link, though.

cibbler-Vader has some serious anger management issues in this. And when Leia called him on it, he realized that very fact for the first time since turning.

So, we are fast approaching the end of Part 1 of Legacy of the Red Sun. There will probably be a short layover between this and the next section, seeing as I haven't finished enough of it yet to even get it to be Beta read. But rest assured, for those who want it, it's coming.

And now I present Chapter Fourteen, in which Han flirts with Winter, Winter flirts back, and Kale discovers a new toy called the Death Star.

Enjoy!

Chapter Fourteen: Trials and Tribulations

They met in Solo?s new quarters, which looked suspiciously like Solo?s old quarters. This, of course, had everything to do with rank and nothing to do with coincidence. Officer quarters were the same all over the station.

?Okay, Winter, do your stuff,? Solo said as he handed her his computer interface board. Winter smiled absently, her mind already on the task ahead. Kale watched as well as Winter skillfully began tapping into the computer.

?We can?t afford to attract attention by going into restricted files,? she said. ?But the Quartermaster?s records appear open.? She managed to pull up a floor plan of what looked like a huge apartment. ?The Grand Moff appears to have over 3,000 square meters of living space.?

?That?s a lot of space,? Han agreed.

?The Emperor?s throne room and quarters when he?s on board have over ten thousand square meters.?

?Big surprise there.?

Winter clicked her tongue. ?This is interesting. This room doesn?t have a specific occupant listed, but is shown as permanently reserved. It?s as large as Tarkin?s, but look?it was just remodeled, and I mean in the past day, to include a second room. According to these records, the new room is a secured entry area.?

Han nodded. ?That?s it. Has to be.?

?So what do we do?? Kale asked.

Solo shrugged. ?I?m not much for playing around. I say we go down,

17. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Very Very Nice!!! Can't wait to see how Kale whips Vader's backside this time!

18. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    oooo... how are they going to get out of this one?

19. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    "I'm Han Solo, I'm here to rescue you."

"Some rescue this is."

Just a few snags in their plan, huh?

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    For a brief moment he thought perhaps they were going to break through, until Winter dropped like a rock before a ring of blue energy. Leia dropped next, and Han found himself intimately close with three stormtroopers and Mara Jade holding a blaster on stun. ?You must really get on my nerves, Solo,? she said. ?I should have stunned you the moment this started, and I didn?t even think about it.?

?What can I say, I have that effect on women,? he said.

She snap kicked him in the jaw then stunned him while he was stumbling back from the kick, so he hit the ground twice as hard. ?Bind them,? she said. ?Then we wait. Lord Vader should be returning soon.?

Loved it! =D=

21. dajohu

dajohu Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    Another excellent update! So what will Kale do huh? I'm hoping he figures out something that will embarrass Vader again to the degree where the Emperor will have a little fun with him. :) Anyway, looking forward to the next postie.

-dajohu

22. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ok! :mad: Now... Jade is on MY hit list! How dare she knock down Hanny-bear... TWICE!! :eek: :eek:

23. hpssslashfan

Feb 3, 2007
    LOL....DITTO, can't wait to see how Kale & Han & Leia handle this.

Happy V-Day [face_love]

24. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    I believe a man can fly . . . through the hypermatter reactor.

25. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Great job, I like the slight changes you have made to the story...and by slight I mean huge, but it is all coming together nicely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.