main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Legacy: War #3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Giolon05, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    I wanted to do a Darth Bob but Jan wouldn't let me.

2. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    re: goofy names

They are just setting the precedent started by George himself!

3. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Too bad we never got to see a Sith Ewok, that would've been really memorable, as long as it had an appropriately silly name (Darth Yubyub?). Although seeing a Sith Ewok probably would've had people (like Cade) wondering if that last death stick had been such a good idea.

4. GreyJedi23

GreyJedi23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2010
    I'd be ok with a Darth Bob [face_mischief]

5. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    And I never will. ;)

6. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 23, 2005
    Not even partnered with a Darth Prometheus?

7. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    [link=http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/17-430?page=0]PREVIEW.[/link]

[hl=black]"Echo Station 3-T-8. We've spotted Imperial walkers."[/hl] :D

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 9 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    This is going to be fun. And violent.

[hl=black]Fel and Stazi are deploying too! :cool:[/hl]

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Treasure Lover of SWTV star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [hl=black]Wow! I love Bantha's new look even better in the panels than that cover. And if Yage is gonna defect, it's gonna be here.[/hl]

10. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Still another two weeks yet before it comes out? Well...crap. I want it now! :_|

11. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    [hl=black]I have to say Geist may be collaborator scum, but gotta respect the guy leading his men from the front against an army of Jedi while in a completely exposed position.[/hl]

12. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Awesome preview. Love the ESB allusion. :D

[hl=black]And is it just me, or does the scene with Cade, Bantha and Shado disagreeing over Cade's actions have a very sinister echo of Cade's dream/vision back in #1? (Where he struck them both down.)

I'm seeing a choice coming... to either let Krayt get away again... or save the younglings.[/hl]

13. Websinger2

Websinger2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2010
    What a preview! Want. More. Now. Two weeks is too long :p
    [hl=black]
    Great to see Stazi and Fel joining in, this is the battle royale we've been waiting for. Bantha's new look is awesome, can't wait to see ol' Nat in action. [/hl]

14. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    [hl=black]He's braver than I gave him credit for. I doubt he will last long though. I'm worried about the Jokers. I guess they aren't going to defect like I had hoped. On the other hand, Yage should be coming over any moment now.[/hl]

15. Crazydaisy

Crazydaisy Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2010
    WOW! I love the panel with Joker squad. I've never looked so forward to a comic to come out.

16. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature star 6 Staff Member Manager

May 28, 2003
    Oh. My. God. :eek:

I tend to use the word "epic" alot. And this qualifies as EPIC.

WAR is upon us!

--Adm. Nick

17. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    All it takes is just ONE small panel. Not sure Draco would even mind being thawed the hard way, it's not like he could see who freed him anyways.

Yage doesn't look too... enthused.
    I smell an SSD-Kamikaze, coming.

18. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    [hl=black]Huh, I was expecting a sort of repeat of the Fall of Ossus but this is so much better. Just too bad they're not using the All-Terrain Armored Heavy Transport from the Legacy campaign guide, but oh well, its always nice to see AT-ATs. Its not like we see that many land battles that involve AT-ATs anymore (with most land battles these days set during the Clone Wars).

Its kind of interesting that now the Sith Empire has just lost both their heads of Intelligence- Maladi is missing in action somewhere, and Calixte is "dead". And now Felaaur has to pick up the pieces. Hm, wonder if Cade ever made it to the Wheel to meet his mother or the defense of the Hidden Temple took priority. And huh, he's actually acting more mature for once. Also, glad to see that the Jedi chose such a tough planet to attack. Ossus hasd a lot of history and all, but gotta love a planet where the natural atmosphere makes an orbital bombardment pointless.[/hl]

Now this series is really heating up and looking epic, just too bad its still two weeks off. EDIT: Whoops, sorry, forgot to hide the spoilers.

19. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    [hl=black]Geist[/hl] is General Veers!

[hl=black]The Jokers!![/hl]

And I have to say, I'm absolutely flabbergasted to see the coward K'Kruhk [hl=black]committing to a fight and looking forward to it. Somebody must have punched him in the face recently and say "Dammit, the Clone Wars were 150 years ago. Get with the f'ing times!"[/hl]

Yeah, that's a little... unnerving. Although it was Wolf, not Shado, in the dream, wasn't it?

I think he probably made it to the Wheel --- judging by the cover of Issue 4, I'm guessing that this preview takes place closer to the end of Issue 3. Talon will need to deliver Draco to Cade in order for the good guys to learn about the impending attack, and I'm guessing that that'll be at the Wheel. I have some other predictions about what will happen between the two during that encounter, but see the last few pages of the Legacy War 2 thread for those. :D

20. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    To be honest things like this make me feel like the Legacy campaign guide was kind of a waste. Its far from the best saga edition book but while I can see that the comics writers might prefer to do things their own way rather than follow an RPG book it does hurt the idea of everything being canon. [hl]Seeing old at-ats next to new chicken walkers is silly. Almost nothing from the prequels is in the OT. Seeing something the same just breaks the movies' precendent of how differant two eras should look. Thankfully this is a minor complaint and its nowhere as near as bad as LotF's Imperial-classes and X-wings. All it really means is that a sub-par sourcebook feels even more irrelevant.[/hl]

21. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I can't help but wonder what [hl=black]Shado is doing at the Hidden Temple. He was still hanging out on Bastion as recently as two issues ago, and I was expecting him to be with the IK's when they arrived to help. The absence of K'Kruhk and Rasi at the remembrance ceremony for the fallen IK's makes me suspect that they left Bastion when Shado was on Korriban; Shado leaving now, very shortly before the IK's, seems kinda random.[/hl] Not a complaint; just wondering.

22. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Will this issue offer some kind of resolution to the whole Mando storyline?

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 7

Oct 13, 2003
    Well, Cade is also far away from the Hidden Temple, with Stazi, about to go to the Wheel, and in this preview he's at the Hidden Temple. I'm guessing those pages are from the near the end of the issue. The Jedi need to learn about the upcoming attack on their Hidden Temple too.

24. Ren_Stazi

Ren_Stazi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2008
    Amazing preview!

But I'd like some official word on the whole "Ranulf/Rulf" thing.

25. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    I suppose i COULD say that "Rulf" is short for "Ranulf" OR I could just be honest and say it was an author screw-up. I have them from time to time.

-- John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.