main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy: War #3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Giolon05, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Heh. I think I actually like the first option better.

2. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    And it's now okay to call Tarkin 'Wilf' :)

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I am really jazzed for this issue. Considering the blurb describes Krayt's forces striking "hundreds of targets across the galaxy", I am really hoping to see a montage shot that shows some of the targets.

Only a little over a week to go! :D

--Adm. Nick

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I'm just waiting for someone to apply this line of thinking with Morrigan's name. It's bound happen.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Excuse me while I go vomit.[face_sick]

6. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I didn't mean...oh lord...[face_laugh]

Nice first post in the Literature forum, Kualan.

7. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    [face_laugh] I understand that's what Daala called him. ;)

- The Imperial Ewok

8. Ren_Stazi

Ren_Stazi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2008
    Just like the "-y" suffix is the common english shortener (Tommy, Micky) maybe the "first consonant" + "-lf" is the GFFA shortener convention and Luke would be "Lulf" and the short for Palpatine, who we love to call Palps, is actually "Palf" or "Pulf".

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I personally have visions of them turning the tide of the Battle of [Insert Key Battle here].

10. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    Ooh. I rather like "Pulf"!

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Pulf Daddy?

In a totally different vein, I was thinking about back when Krayt muses about what would've happened if he'd killed Anakin Skywalker as a Padawan. Assuming for a moment that he actually succeeded, the absolute best-case scenario is that Darth Krayt would be Lord Sidious' butt monkey. Think about it: Anakin doesn't get Padme' pregnant, and doesn't become Vader. Therefore there's no reason for Obi-Wan to be on Tatooine. Without Obi-Wan to "disarm" him, Hett's roaring rampage only serves to eventually make him Inquisitor fodder.

Assuming that Hett tears through Inquisitors sent after him (becoming darker and darker in the process), eventually the Emperor would send his Apprentice (Tyrannus still? Or maybe Starkiller) to deal with him. That leaves Hett either dead or serving at the Emperor's side.

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I have a hunch that the Mando sideplot is not going to be a part of War. John and Jan have alot to cover in the story, so unless it is a brief cameo, I just don't think we will be seeing Hondo Karr or the Mandos.

As for "turning the tide", smart money is still on the Yuuzhan Vong. ;)

--Adm. Nick

13. Ren_Stazi

Ren_Stazi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2008
    Had he killed Anakin, maybe Pulf would've spent more time seeking a replacement for Dooku or something and never gotten the excuse for Order 66: Windu's arrest/assassination attempt

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Both? With the Hutts thrown in with a pirate fleet to complete the set? :D

15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [off-topic]For the Jedi to learn that he was Sidious was an integral part of his plan, because he knew that they would do exactly what they did. He needed the Jedi to lead an assault on him. He maneuvered Yoda off-world to help his odds against them. The "Fridge Brilliant" sub-plot of RotS was that Palpatine's systematic execution, from the top down, of any and every Separatist leader that could ID Sidious as being behind the Separatist movement.[/off-topic]

16. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I don't think the Mando sideplot is in anyway related to the ultimate conclusion of the story here. I mean I guess they could appear and join the final fight, but it doesn't seen necessary. Plus Hondo Karr's story IS pretty much the Mandalorian subplot. There appearance expands his character and gives us the the answers we were looking for into what he was all about. His story deals with hunting down the bad Mandalore. Which again is in no way related to the ultimate conclusion of the story of the Sith vs the Jedi/Empire/GA.

I'm all for the Vong joining the fight, but again it doesn't seem the Sith ever bothered Zekot any. So they'd appear just to appear.

17. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Unless that bad Mandalore's master is Sith or Imperial or something...

18. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Huh, almost forgot about the Mando sideplot. Hm, with the way the series is going, I could see like three pages devoted to it- Hondo returns to Mandalore with proof of that guy's treachery, they fight it out for one page, and then Hondo is made the new Mandalore and then they get ready to join whatever the big battle of the day is. Not likely, but its possible. Would've been nice to see Hondo pop up here and there a few more times, but oh well.

And even if A'Sharad Hett had reported Anakin's crimes... I doubt that would've slowed down Palpatine's plans that much. Sidious could turn just about everything to his advantage, or it didn't cost him much, at worst. I think Hett was regretting not getting Anakin kicked out of the Jedi Order, right? Although Krayt wishes he had just killed Anakin, that's with about 50 years hindsight. If Anakin had been kicked out of the Order... then what? He goes to work directly for Palpatine earlier? I'm sure Palpatine would've hired him for some job. Even if Anakin had been killed somehow, then Palpatine would've simply lacked an apprentice for a while.

It'd be nice to see the Vong again. The Sith-Imperial War was kicked off to punish the Vong for supposedly sabotaging the Ossus Project. Too bad we haven't seen the Vong for... what 35 issues? We know they were at Ossus with Wolf, K'kruhk and Shado, but can't remember off-hand if they have shown up since. The Jedi went to the Hidden Temple, and I know the Vong weren't killed, but it'd be nice to see the Vong again, especially with the upcoming battle. Or maybe they could help with Omega Red even.

I've seen this issue on Midtown's list, so just a little less than a week to go. Oh, I just can't wait.

19. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    There was that mad Vong shaper on Wayland who'd helped Maladi.

But, yeah, I agree that I'd like to see more Vong. What happened to the one who seemed Kol's semi-maybe-near-girlfriend? I forget her name...?

Though I found the idea of Kol getting jiggy with a Vong a little, er: [face_sick] back when, my view has changed after Invasion, since there we do indeed have a human and a Vong couple (the king and queen), so that makes Kol's possible relations with a Vong no longer in the realm of the utterly bizarre and in fact very much a possibility.

20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
  21. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Nei Rin, the Shapely Shaper. Except for some flashbacks in Monsters, she hasn't been seen since surviving the Ossus Temple's destruction.

22. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I think it's most likely that he'll pop up with an army, declaring that "now after I have defeated the evil guy that was in league with the Sith, I am Mandalore and we're going to fight exceptionally well in this final battle". Which would give all the information necessary to close the plot without distracting from the main plot.

23. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    And on the last page of Legacy: War (6 of 6), when Krayt has killed Cade, Kol's other son, Tsavong Skywalker, destroys Krayt with a new Yuuzhan Vong technology ... :p

24. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    Padawan Anakin vs Hett, hmm interesting.

Hett?s superior experience & skill vs. Anakin?s raw power.

As the clone wars have amply demonstrated Anakin isn?t capable of bringing his full power to bear unless he?s given time to focus, however at this stage Hett isn?t likely to use his rage, Anakin is.

I think Hett would get the better of the duel, Anakin would then become enraged and the career of Lord Krayt would never be.

Back on target:- not sure why Krayt would send Talon to capture Cade, Cade has pawned her on numerous occasions, judging by the cover it appears she succeeds though.

25. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    How does Draco getting a facial-rub while frozen stiff in a block of black-ice convey Cade's success? This I gotta hear....

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.