main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy: War #3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Giolon05, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They DID fight, and Hett defeated Anakin. That's what Krayt meant when he said he could have killed off the Skywalkers, but chose not to.

2. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Dammit! Snowstorm today! I can't pick it up!:mad:

I'll get it after work tomorrow. First time I haven't picked up a Legacy the day it was out.

3. Krados

Krados Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    What can I say but another great issue. Jan's art is amazing and now that John does not have to write to catch up a new audience, we are really getting into the thick of things. This issue was more set-up than anything but it clearly paints a picture of big things coming in future issues.

Some quick spoilers, if you wish, until other members can post their usual full rundowns:

We open on Bantha and Droo having a tender moment, each of them fighting the war in their own way.

Then we head to the Wheel, which has seen better days. There Cade has a very important family reunion.

Time for a gift from Lord Krayt and a quick duel with a lady Cade has?ahem, had relations with before. And what is her best line in this issue? ?You know I?m more fun alive than dead.?

Cade finds out who spilled the beans on the Jedi?s location and he races to Taivas while Krayt and his Moffs plan their attack.

Cade arrives and he and the council make plans for war. Elsewhere, there is an uncomfortable reunion between lovers.

The fighting begins as we saw in the 3-page preview. There are some interesting dilemmas within the fighter to fighter combat. All the while the temple walls ring out with the clash of lightsabers.

How does it end? ?...We?re Trapped!? ?Yes.?

And a quick shout-out to the one, the only, man with the plan, the irreplaceable ATTATAG GOSEM!!!! Good to finally see him.

4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    So does Talon...manually...thaw Draco? Or does he never get out of carbonite and just gets stored somewhere for the rest of the issue?
    EDIT: What Randy said on the DH message boards (don't know if anyone's heard this one before):
    Apparently, carbonite freezes at room temperature, so it won't keep your drinks cold -- no matter how many Imperial Knights you put in the glass.

5. Krados

Krados Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    It is not Talon that thaws Draco but he is let out of the carbonite.

6. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Got it! great issue!! I'll let those with the long-winded typewriters post some full spoilers..(but here are a few tidbits)

1)Nyna reveals herself to Cade and crew
    2)Bantha becomes a Jedi, full-time until the war is over
    3)at the end of the issue we realize that Darth Krayt is a MASTER intelligent war strategist!!
    4)Talon delivers Draco to Cade..very interesting encounter..
    5)Draco is defrosted by Artoo, is reunited with Sia..interesting conversation here too
    6)Morrigan & Gunner reveal they are related to Cade right when Jariah and Mynock are engaging in a space fight..Cade doesn't know that he has a sister..Gunner refuses to shoot down the mynock with her mom on board, and Morrigan tells Syn not to shoot her daughter Cade's sister!! So Jariah says then shoot someone who ISNT related to you!! LMAO!! :D

all in all..looks like Krayt got a nice surprise for the Jedi/Galatic Alliance..

Shadojoker

7. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    That wasn?t a real fight, Anakin dehydrated & in the midst of a hallucination went wild, Hett kicked him in the mush, Anakin regained his senses.

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Hmmm....
    Bantha rocks.
    In case anyone wasn't sure.

I do not believe that anyone of merit will ever die in this series.
    Regardless of what's been said by the creators.

Anyways, solid issue.
    Will re-read in depth after work.

Oh... and the art was; as always, fabulous.

9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Well, he is a Clone War vet...

10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
  11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Another stellar issue by John and Jan! :D

The battle of Taivas is underway. It appears that Krayt is using his Imperial forces as bait to draw out Stazi and Fel's forces. He specifically does not tell Veed's forces about his Sith army.

Fel's naval forces appear to be under the command of Treis Sinde. When the combined GA/Felpire armada drops out of hyperspace, Stazi orders all GA ships to open fire while Sinde orders all Bastion forces to open fire.

The final panel of the combined allied armada dropping out of hyperspace is awesome. The Alliance is dead center, flanked by Scythe-class battle cruisers, Pellaeon-class Star Destroyers and assorted GA frigates.

The next issues promises to have epic space battles and vicious lightsaber battles in the halls of the Jedi refuge!

One more thing- Jedi Master Nat Skywalker. Oh hell yeah.

All in all, a stunning issue. I really cannot wait for the next one. The war is kicked up a notch!

--Adm. Nick

12. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Anybody else chuckle out loud when you read that Jedi can reactivate themselves?

13. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Wait wasn't like the Morrigan Corde persona like reactivated or something?
    Or wasn't Celeste Morne the Jedi Shadow activated?

14. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Another fantastic issue.

The artwork continues to be amazing. Espically that panal where Cade forgives his mom. Spectacular.

"Yes.":cool:

15. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    The last line, Krayt's planning, and what we know about part #4 left me wondering: who has whom trapped?

One more thing, and I might be too late for this. The Legacy Era Campaign Guide introduced a new Force sect that was present in this timeframe - the Disciples of Twilight. The entry in the book said though they had yet to choose a side in the war, there were rumors from within the organization that they were about to choose a side. You could have them make a dramatic debut by having them suddenly appear from the shadows of the Temple fighting the Sith-Imperials.

16. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Loved the Corde sequence. Seriously. Good stuff! I had to laugh out loud at one panel during the Temple battle. Cade casually kills two Sith and leans over for banter with Uncle Bantha. "Uh...I been thinking, Uncle Bantha..." Cade really comes into his own for ONCE! He's so at ease in battle that it's funny. He also finds himself as a leader. I actually had no idea that might actually happen. Would the same issue that Cade finds himself a commander be the same issue that he forgave his mother if this series were ongoing? Probably not but the mad rush is at least very well planned out. Each panel is so precious.

And yeah, Krayt has to have a backup plan on-top of backup plan.

Just a fantastic issue! So much--so much going on.

17. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Another good issue. I loved the GA/Jedi/Imperial alliance springing the trap on the Sith and the final panel, which leads me to believe that Krayt has something up his sleeve...

18. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Why would you want them to? Just curious.

Issues like this are so, incredibly, NOT how to wean us off this series! I don't think I breathed for 22 pages. [face_love]

No, there will be no easing-off the addiction. It'll be cold, hard DTs.

19. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm breathing much easier, but am still not at ease. My top tier of characters (Sia, Antares, Morrigan and Cade) seem to be okay for now. My second tier (Wolf, Roan, Ganner, Jariah, Stazi, Sigel and Maladi), I don't feel so good about. :( But I won't fully exhale until the final lights go down in May. I am willing to make some sacrifices if it means Krayt dies, just not anyone off my top tier.:p

The issue itself sounds fantastic, I can't wait to pick it up and see the armada scene for myself because the panels sound awesome. [face_peace]

I am just a little disappointed that Skywalker didn't gut Talon, that's all.[face_plain] But you won't hear any *itching out of me, because Antares Draco still breathes air.

All in all, I'll take it. :)

*nods*

[image=http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/jleemynatt/cadedestiny2.jpg]

I've found myself thinking about Cade a lot lately, since War began. What he means to Legacy, the Skywalker dynasty and SW as a whole. I have some thoughts, but I'll wait until War wraps and I've sorted through it all in my mind before I comment. However, from what I'm gathering about War 3 (with Cade forgiving his mother), I feel optimistic. He's bringing home the original themes of not only his family, but the franchise itself... hope and forgiveness. He carreis the franchise in a way that is consistant with today's 'dark' fiction, and it works for the character, he seems to have been designed for it.

20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Yeah, those super-troopers and Star Destroyer destroyers from Legacy #50.

21. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Simply to see if the creators have the stones to follow through with their threat. No more. No less.

22. Crazydaisy

Crazydaisy Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2010
    Loved the issue.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for Draco. Thawed from Carbonite, dressed in that snazzy V-neck shirt :p and then scolded. Yes, he did succumb under torture, but up until that point he was always a champion for their side. I think Sia's speech was a little too bitchy and cold to him.
    I think an interesting plot turn would be if Draco said "screw this treatment" and joined up with Krayt.

23. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well, considering that Krayt is about to ambush the combined GA/Felpire armada with his new Dragon warships and Annihilator-class fighters, I have a hunch that our heroes are in GRAVE danger. Of course, the allied forces in space are not the only ones in danger. When those new Sith Troopers land on Taivas and assault the Temple, expect the body count to rise.

Not only that, but if you read the synopsis for the final issue, you will see that the final battle of the war takes place in the skies over Coruscant. Expect whatever Jedi/GA/Felpire heroes who survive Taivas to be under grave danger there as well.

My gut feeling is that all major factions (GA/Jedi/Felpire/Cade & CO) will suffer some pretty gutwrenching deaths before this is over.

But if the allies can take down Krayt in the process and restore freedom to the galaxy, it will be worth it. [face_peace]

--Adm. Nick

24. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I hear you, Nick...
    And, I hope you are right; as I think the story will be better for it.

25. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Yeah, Krayt and his secret armada of doom are going to come and burst everybody's bubbles next month.

I foresee deaths. A lot of deaths. [face_skull]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.