main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Discussion Legends - GA/Military Short Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JABoomer, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JABoomer

JABoomer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2009
    Hello,

The story that I imagine - and replay the most frequently in my mind - is how the Galactic Alliance restructures itself after the events of the Fate of the Jedi series.

Wynn Dorvan is the newly elected GA Chief of State while the GA military is largely leaderless after the events of Fate of the Jedi. I'd like to depict how the next Supreme Commander of the GA Defense Forces is selected, and describe how the new SC would seek to change/improve the DF. I think I may write a short story based on this idea, and I started this thread to look for some suggestions as I begin.

Originally I was going to install a new character as the new SC - "Admiral Thompson". However, I really like the characters of Admirals Bwua'tu and Darklighter and I feel that either could be the SC. I first thought that Admiral Bwua'tu could be the new SC with Admiral Darklighter serving as the Deputy SC. Now that I think about it, Admiral Darklighter really has the experience to be the SC, having served in all three branches of the military throughout his career (or close to it with the Galactic Marines representing an army-like like unit, although I think they'd be under naval command). I also think Admiral Bwua'tu might turn down the role of SC if he thought Darklighter could do a better job, or if he thought that he could have a more positive and effective impact on the Navy by remaining Chief of Naval Operations, due to his oath of krevi to the GA.

I also wanted a committee of respected retired flag officers to serve as a "confirmation council" for the new SC. This is where I really was hoping to get some input into who could be on the council.

Currently I have:

Admiral (retired) Traest Kre'fey (Navy)
    Admiral (retired) Firmus Nantz (Navy)
    General (retired) Tycho Celchu (SFC)
    General (retired) Wedge Antilles (SFC)
    General (retired) Carlist Rieekan (Army)
    General (retired) Judder Page (Army)

Others I considered:

General Han Solo - He would most likely not want to participate in the council, although I think Leia could easily guilt him into it. He doesn't have a ton of military experience but did command the operation on Endor, the fleet against Zsinj, and was selected to command the 5th fleet during Black Fleet Crisis.

General Garm Bel Iblis - He might be too old or dead to participate? We haven't heard anything about him since the end of the Vong war.

Admiral (retired) Adar Tallon (Navy) - too old?

Admiral Aril Nunb - May still be in active service?

General Farlander - May still be in active service?

Commodore Brand

Etahn A'baht - Probably not served long enough in the NRDF to warrant being on the council.

Admiral Hiram Drayson - Not much is heard of him since before the Vong war.

2. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    Hi JABoomer!
    We don't allow threads like this to be posted in resource, otherwise it's all it would be, so I'm going to lock this thread. It sounds like you could use a Beta that can help you bounce ideas around, this is the best way to get the kind of help you are looking for. You can find the beta request thread HERE. You can also ask questions in the Writer's Desk thread, though we'd ask that you only ask a few questions at a time and not use it as a replacement for a beta. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me, I'm happy to help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.