main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Legends to Canon conversions is the future?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth_Articulate, Apr 27, 2019.

?

Should Disney re-canonize Legends works that don't contradict the current canon after the ST?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. Not

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    It occurs to me that the main idea behind branding the pre-Disney EU events as Legends was to give the new episodes of the saga freedom to maximize their dramatic potential (Ben Solo) without contradicting canon. After TROS is released and that narrative no longer needs to be protected, I wonder if the story group will go back and look at the novels which don’t contradict currently canon works and de-brand them from Legends back into Canon. Thoughts?

2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I wish Disney would go to 100 percent their own way instead of copying Ledgends. These stories already have been told, so retelling them in the Disney setting doesn't really add that much, so I would prefer Disney to go their own way, they have managed to in their EU come up with some intresting characters to explore, we don't need Paelleon back in a major role when we have Rae Sloand going pretty much in the same direction.
    Also pretty much all Legends stories contradict the new canon as in Ledgends the war lasted for 19 years in canon just one, there are different Solo kids and so on.

The only place where it could work is I guess pre saga stories like the Bane novels.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    This discussion belongs in the tacked Disney/EU Discussion thread at the top of the page.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.