main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA LEGO at Glendale Galeria

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthZuhl, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZuhl

DarthZuhl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    The NEW Lego store at the Glendale Galeria Is now OPEN...I was passing by last night and saw from outside the display window, a big ATAT walker box...WOOHOOO!!!!!

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Sounds like a field trip from me is in order... :)

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm going to have to check it out in a couple of months. I make it a policy to avoid the Glendale Galleria from November through January. It's too crazy.

4. DarthZuhl

Aug 27, 2003
    4 words: ThanksGiving Day Sale....

5. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm going to swing by and check it out tonight. Haven't seen it since its completion.

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Where is it in the mall? i.e. What other big store is it near? Nordstrom? Macy's??

7. DarthZuhl

Aug 27, 2003
    I'll prolly be there after gym...around 7ish...checking out the LEGOs....

JR - its beside the apple computer store...I think...

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I just saw the new Dagobah Lego set with the X-wing for $50 at Target. I wanna get it! Maybe I'll go check out this store and pick it up.

9. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Oooh, thanks for the heads up, DarthZuhl! Definitely arranging a trip to the Glendale mall sometime soon. :)

Jedi_Devi

10. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Another fun shopping day at LEGO. The store in Glendale is giving away a pick-a-brick cup with a $50 purchase. Pretty cool since there are bricks in colors you can't normally get elsewhere.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    CBM, you are going to make me go against my strictly followed "no going to the Glendale Galleria from November to January" policy. How long is this give away going to last?

12. Darkliner

Darkliner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2003
    LEGO LEGO LEGO
    The true mark of a collector is the number of lego Items owned
    Personal favorite is my BLOCKade Runner

13. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    LEGOs are cool...I am going to have to go there someday.

14. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Go NOW, do not deny your brick destiny!!
    Tell them birdman sent you and . . on second though don't tell them I sent you hehe

15. Darkliner

Aug 4, 2003
    why is there something we should know? ;)

16. DarthSushi

DarthSushi Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2003
    Maybe, we can get a faucet made out of legos and stick it in Luis' rib- Gianni

17. DarthZuhl

Aug 27, 2003
    LOL!!!yeah...otherwise, I'd be happy to make the faucet myself...do they have a sale tomorrow though?

18. DarthSushi

DarthSushi Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2003
    I don't know of any sales, but i would like to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. By the way, thanks for listening when I was going through bad times in my personal life.

19. Darkliner

Aug 4, 2003
    ALF ALF ALF ALF ALF

WHO CAN SAY ALF LEGOS :)

20. DarthZuhl

Aug 27, 2003

No Prob D/S....I hope it's made a turn for the better now...Just remember...

The force will be with you...always...

21. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I gots the new & improved LEGO snowspeeder yesterday. The regular sized one, not to be confused with the mini, or the UCS scale.
    They also had the cantina set, with a nifty dewback & sandtrooper.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Very cool acquistions, CBM. I am going to wait until after Christmas to get any more Legos, I am expecting quite a few.

23. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Won't you be suprised Christmas morning??! :)

24. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    hey all -thoguth i'm not into legos, thought i'd pass this on to you guys...hope it's not true:

No More Star Wars LEGO?
    Sun, Jan 11, 04 04:03:43 PM EST

We've had several folks emailing us over the past few days about the recent loss of 242 million dollars for 2003 that LEGO recently posted. We first broke the news here and have since seen many various articles popping up online at various news sources. I found this one at Yahoo and this particular quote about made me cry.

Lego's owner and president, Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen -- the 56-year-old grandson of company founder Ole Kirk Christiansen -- said he was now taking matters into his own hands and had fired the company's number two and the head of product development.

He said the company would now go back to its roots, focusing on building blocks and abandoning its forays into multimedia and film products.

"We are returning to Lego's former concept. We're going to focus on building bricks as our main product, concentrating on little kids' eagerness to assemble," he said.

"That's why we're pursuing much more aggressive marketing for building bricks, leaving products linked to films such as Star Wars on the back burner," he said.

One key factor for the weak result this year was the poor sales of games based on the Star Wars and Harry Potter (news - web sites) films in 2002.

So if I'm reading this right, 2004 will either see a major scale down in Star Wars related LEGO product or the complete halt of anymore Star Wars LEGO toys. Only time will tell. Read the entire Yahoo article here.
    Reported by Rebelscum.com

25. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Well, I'll always have my beloved Imperial Star Destroyer, the biggest set Lego has ever made (maybe ever will make), and I will treasure it forever, or until I get tired of replacing the starboard side engine, which eternally falls off.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.