main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LEGO Lego Star Wars : Droid Tales

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Feb 27, 2015.

1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    http://www.slashfilm.com/lego-star-wars-series/
    Exciting news, apparantly it's going to be the first Canon lego special
    DISCUSS ! :D

BigAl6ft6 and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Canon how is that.

3. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Stop with the canon crap......

I think this will be the 3rd time the Complete Saga will be told Lego style. There were the Fastest Star Wars Story Ever Told

Then there was the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga game that came out a few years ago.

It will be interesting to see the Complete Saga broken down into 5 parts instead of 6. Id love seeing the Complete Saga told in a different style though. Anime Complete Saga broken down into 3 parts would be really cool to see. I wouldnt mind seeing a Star Wars saga told in Simpsons animation Lol, not a parody but an actual version of the saga in that artstyle.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    More Star Wars Lego is always a good thing as far as I'm concerned and I always dig these (and it seems they'll actually air close together as opposed to the seasons-long gap between other Lego Star Wars bit).

But, somewhat concerning, does this mean the narrative that started in "Yoda Chronicles" (Hell, freakin' all the way back to "Padawan Menace") is over now? I only ask because "Clash of the Skywalkers" kind of ended at the start of ESB (and a bit of a cliffhanger too) and I was loving seeing the whole PT - OT come together.

Although, honestly, it sounds like this is set at the Ewok party and then flashes back to the PT / OT, which could still end the full "Star Wars Lego" narrative. And then next year we get Force Awakens lego specials! whooo!

Sudooku and CoolyFett like this.
  5. JoaquinSlowly

JoaquinSlowly Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    I think the author of the article is taking the new "everything released from now on is canon" too literally. The new Jeffrey Brown Jedi Academy books, the Star Wars Angry Birds updates, and this Lego series will not be part of the new canon. I feel like this is fairly obvious, and really pretty funny to see on Slash Film.

CoolyFett and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Yeah Lego has never been even remotely canon. Even under the old multilevel system of canon tiers, lego stuff wasn't even on the scale.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  7. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

8. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    probably wont be next year, but I do see Disney moving any from the PT OT eras and focusing full attention on all their new characters in their new trilogy. Which is good idea for them to do.

9. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    Am I the only one that didn't enjoy the humor in the "padawan menace" etc? lazy lego parts jokes and even lazier writing..I did howver enjoy the Palpatine speed dial mess ups with Yoda and grievous..that was clever,wish it hall had that quality

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  10. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
  11. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Lego Star Wars Droid Tales airs on monday July 6th on Disney XD

12. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    Aww... it airs just when I'll be going on vacation, to a place without internet. :(

I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer.

13. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well it makes sense that TPM and AOTC should be together and the better movies, ROTS, ANH, TEPSB, and ROTJ get individual episodes. I can't see the first two prequel movies each getting 30 minutes....it would have to have so many gags for it to be any good. Will watch it Monday night, then it is on to Shark Week

14. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    Gah, really? Why can't we just have the Lego game remade?

I'd love a remake with the new voices and models and stuff you could do in Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars. It can even be in the silliness that this is in. I'd love it.

15. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    It is already on WatchDisneyXD.com.

CoolyFett likes this.
  16. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
  17. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Got to admit this was pretty good. Will still will watch it again tomorrow.

18. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Lots of lame fan service with Jar Jar and the PT romance thing. I hope they treat the OT the same way.

19. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    I liked it a lot. My 2 almost 3 yr old niece actually watched it. I'm surprised.

20. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    The Jar Jar ,romance,treaty and Anakin's signs of drak side stuff was really lame .
    I really liked the padawan menace and empire strikes out , the yoda chronicles trilogy was a mixed bag and the new yoda chronicles were just bad , sorry .
    This wasn't much better either sadly ...
    And it still annoys me how they throw in random Lego sets that don't fit .(that could have at least tried to make them fit )
    So ... that's it .
    (The idea of 2 episodes in one special is also stupid)

I have bad feeling about who that hooded guy might be ... and if I'm right I'll be highly disappointed .

21. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    I think I just like LEGO humour more than most. Or maybe I'm just simple to please on a first watch.
    It was a good special. Pretty sure another watch would have me be a bit more critical of it, but yeah...
    I liked it, and for whatever reason can't say more than that at the minute.

22. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    It was ok, but I'm not the target audience.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Izzat magic clone dude still around?

24. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Not here, though it is just the first episode.
    It's possible they might cameo him in somehow.

25. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    To answer some of your questions, you should already knew that the PT, Anakin romance, and Jar Jar thing was getting the shaft the minute they did both as a one episode yet, gave the better ROTS, and OT movies each their own 20 minutes each. Should have expected that one, so shame on you for being well wishers. The second one is well, we all know it already, everything is about the OT motif, that's it. OT, OT, and more OT. I'm not right now feeling too much star wars and as of late, been offended by the direction. This is coming from someone who didn't like the prequels too much, but accepted the fact that they happened.