main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V LEGO Star Wars - the Skywalker Saga - Spoilers in TAGs!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Apr 5, 2022.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So...

Palpatine on Exegol laments that Rey should really have been called Kira.

2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Rey really should have just been Kira :p

3. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Oh that reminds me of my Qi'ra/Kira theory of old... regarding her parentage [face_whistling]

spoilered for length, not Lego SW spoilers:
    Bria (Tharen), Shira (Brie), (Danielle) Kieran, Qi'ra, Kira, (Dosmit) Raeh, Rey

So they once intended to name a female character Kira to honor Akira Kurosawa's SW influence but chose to name her Rey instead (TFA). For Rogue One they created Jyn Erso, who is an original yet shares some traits with Bria Tharen, especially in the original concept where Jyn was a Rebel from the get go, who also happened to end up suicidal like Bria in the end transmitting the plans to the Rebellion. But Rogue One would miss out on Bria's connection to Han Solo as well.So the Solo Spinoff movie finally named someone Kira.. or rather Qi'ra, as a variation of it, and it took the Bria Tharen bits with Han Solo and gave them to her just minus the Rogue One Rebel bits of Bria. Yet this Qi'ra shared traits with another character from Legends as well whose name also rhymes with hers, Shira Brie aka Lumiya. But instead of Luke she now got to flirt Han and no Force Powers. Yet she retained her secret evil-ish-ness in her final betrayal of him and her not being evil per se but due to her upbringing like with Shira Elan Colla Brie in Legends. She too ended up serving a (former) Sith in Maul, instead of Legends Palpatine/Vader. She also ended up foilingt he true Sith's, aka Palpatines, plans or trying to with Crimson Dawn in later comics, much like Lumiya did post-ROTJ in Legends foil the Emperors rebirth plans after DE.

So, an entire name, Legends character looting and puzzling rodeo later, we return to the very beginning. Rey was named for several etymological meanings to the name and inuniverse as of TFA might have named herself after a downed Rebel pilots helmet, Dosmit Raeh, which is no longer true as her parents in TROS flashback-vision called her Rey already. Yet with Lego now having Palpatine ponder Rey should have been named Kira, new possible connections present themselves:

Legends character Danielle Kieran claims to be Han Solo's daughter from a fling before Leia. Kieran sounds like Kira-Han or Qi'ra-Han which lead canon fans to speculate if Qi'ra had a secret kid with Han. Well canon had Sana claim to be Han's wife like Legends had Danielle claim to be his kid, both turned out to be not true from a certain point of view.

Qi'ra's parentage and origin family are unknown, much like another important Legends characters: Mara Jade. Mara Jade turned against the Emperor who she once served in Legends. We know Qi'ra loathes Palpatine and his Sith and works against them with Crimson Dawn, which is remniscient sometimes of Mara Jade's later Smugglers Alliance though more potent and dangerous.
    From unaired concepts for the Underworld tv series and interviews about it we know one episode or arc would have dealt with a criminal underworld ladyboss with ties to Palpatines past and who may or may not be responsible for at least part of his dark turn, at least some grievance so that he would end up making sure some loose ends and mouths get shut forever.

Now, what if this lady is related to Qi'ra, maybe her grandmother or mother? That'd tie her family tragedy, once she figured out who her origin family was before the White Worms, to Palpatine and the Sith and explain her grievance with them and the vendetta and why she allied with others with likewise grievance like Maul, the Dathomiri etc. .

So lets say Palpatine had some issues with a crime lady once and thought them resolved but Qi'ra survived as a scumrat and went coming back at him like a boomerang, what does that tell about Rey / Kira? Now I wonder what Rey's parents will soon be named and if they add to the naming shenangians or not. But if Palpatine intended someone dear to him named Kira... maybe it was a child he never knew he had for said lady kept it hidden from him or took it from him? A crimelady that either had or stole a kid from him? Well we know his distrust, betrayal and no-luck with women (cough Talzin cough).
    What if thus Qi'ra is a grandkid of Palpatine? Maybe the daughter he wanted once would have been named Kira. But it ended bad with him and a lady and he never knew of his kid she raised, or that got stolen from him and another woman he had it with. Qi'ra is born 31BBY according to Wookieepedia. Her mom at that time should be between 18-30 years old approximately. So if the mom was taken, it happened long before TPM between 49-61BBY.
    Fascinating, this is exactly the timeframe in which Darth Maul is born (54BBY)... and taken from his mother by Palpatine! Coincidence? Palpatine a kidnapper either lost a kid beforehand, or afterwards. What if someone took Palpatines child as vengence for him taking the child of someone else? Could Talzin have located and stolen a child from him that he had hidden from even Plagueis notice? As revenge for him taking Maul?
    Wait, the plot thickens!
    Shmi Skywalkers canon age is not known but in Legends she was born 72BBY and thus 41BBY at Anakin's birth she was around 31 years old. She was sold into slavery by pirates long before already as a young girl.
    A lot of young people kidnapped in this decade it seems... Maul, Shmi, Qi'ra's theoretical parent? Hmmm...

Anyway, if Qi'ra is a Palpatine by blood (don't tell Han, lol!), maybe Kira was her mother or the name she was supposed to get. And she'd have a lot more in common with Maul and Crimson Dawn explaining her motivations (which work without this convoluted theory but its fun!).

PS: Finally a characters-parentage-speculation that rivals that of Mara Jade in debates of old hehe!:emperor:

PS: Any more Lego spoilers and bits please?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm not sure its possible to spoil films that vary from 3 to 45 years old.

Yesterday's initial thoughts on Lego Star Wars.

First, this is not the Lego games of the past. This is a very different set up. You have a good deal more control and options than in the old games. The camera is better. The graphics are far, far better.

I've done ANH, started on Empire and done a little of Free Play in both the planet areas and space. Took out a couple of kyber comets and did a space battle which was hugely fun.

Criticisms are both planet and space play areas are quite limited in size. But the design quality for them is high. Control for the vehicles and ships is an improvement on previous games but it's not quite nailed it. It's good but there's something off when you are flying.

The game isn't massive in terms of its worlds, but in terms of activity. Level challenges, universal upgrades, class upgrades, 380 characters to unlock, minikits, level puzzles - there is a lot to do here, if you want to.

Finally, the style is excellent. This is both loving homage to and affectionate mick-taking of SW. There's a host of fun jokes in the part I've done and doubtless far more to follow. Its looks and aesthetic are great, but its script might be even better still. When you're running around the Death Star the PA announcements are brilliant. Similarly the opening level of the Tantive IV.

It's a very good and very fun game. The accessibility options are good. Standard stuff? Yes but they're well executed. Similarly, for PS5 players, there is smart haptic feedback.

For today, done some of the random space battles and, unlike say Chorus, they know the importance of not making it too chaotic. The result is they are a lot of fun.

Did ESB and the first level of RotJ. Had thought it was going awry with a locate by frequency of beeps puzzle. I pretty much hate these things for obvious reasons. This time, however, I was hasty. As they had also included a visual cue which was smart.

It shouldn't be possible for the battle of Hoth to feel fresh, but it does here. Also the preceding level on Hoth - you've never seen a frozen hellhole look so good.

For flying and general movement, I found that taking both settings up to 75% sensitivity supplied that missing aspect, especially when flying. The fight with the Star Destroyers then the asteroid field was superb.

It also seems pretty clear the game wants you to start with the OT as here it was doing lightsaber tutorials. But I suppose it might be smart enough to cover that when you first hit that combat, whichever episode you are on. The fight with Vader was a good showcase for the new lightsaber combat too.

One weakness I was hoping wouldn't be here is NPC allies running into your line of fire. It stands out as the Stormtrooper AI is pretty good, they do move and dodge. Strange that it doesn't extend further but this is a minor point.

One big improvement is the clarity for some of its puzzles. Most of the time it is clearer on what you need to do. Although there is some rubbish timed ones in here.

One of the reasons the game looks so good is they've been very attentive to how it looks when in movement, especially light effects and reflections.

This is a game that really wants you to keep playing it and it makes a very persuasive case.

5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    For the Record, I started with the PT and there were definitely a lot of tutorials there as well.

Most of my first impressions I wrote down in the Community equivalent of this thread, but I'm happy a new thread was put here too since I spend a lot more time in lit.
    Been through Episode's 1 and 2, finishing the latter last night. Going to start 3 now that I'm home from work.
    Favorite new line so far?
    - The final Jango Boss Fight -
    Windu: Well, he's facing one of the greatest Jedi in the order!
    Kit Fisto: (Talking to Ki-Adi Mundi) Is he talking about you or me?
    [face_laugh]
    Paraphrased of course.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Sounds like it's being quite smart - should be able to test how much in a day or two as I hit TPM.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    BTW does anyone know how I get access to the DLC?
    I ordered the delux edition but it still says I need to purchase them.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You might need or have been emailed a redeem code separately, tends to work that way. Once you have it, go to the store, type it in and you should be good to go.

9. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I found it.
    It was on the back of the instructions in the game case.

Jedi Ben and Emperor Ferus like this.
  10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Coruscant and Naboo are so damn beautiful holy ****

11. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    (wishes I could get and play the game now)

12. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Now that I finished the PT I'm doing side missions to get as much done in this era as possible before moving on.
    Wow Yaddle.
    Killing a Krayt Dragon will make me a great warrior?
    Definitely not the kind of wisdom I expected coming from her. :p

Edit 1: BTW I just realized Jedi Starfighters don't need Hyperspace rings in the game.
    Probably for convenience, but would have been cool if they would have found a way to work that in.

Edit 2: :eek: Palpatine has a photo of Darth Plaguis in his office! (Literally just an obscured man with a hood, though a bit too small to be a Muun, not that it matters in LEGO.)
    Also, Mas Amedda apparently knows who he is, and has hood envy.

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Apparently Snoke Rise to Power is still Unknown even in the Lego games...Keeping that story close to the chest ;p

14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Lol. Yareal Poof has suffered from a case of mistaken identity.
    3 guesses what he has been mistaken for, and the first two don't count. :p

15. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    1. Lama Su
    2. Taun We
    3. Snoke

16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    First two guess's were on point.
    They think he's a Kaminoan and won't let him leave until you find the person he was mistaken for.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    A good question. For another time.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Finished the OT and started the PT.

One flaw that became more apparent is the targeting, you still end up whacking your other characters. Would have been nice to be able to cancel that friendly fire effect.

The Fett boss was a bit of a mess, but what they did with Jabba and Salacious Crumb was superb and more than made up for it.

The Endor speeder chase is excellent. Great sense of speed and you can shoot off bricks off the trees! Forest level was pretty good.

The one oddity is the battle of Endor is very curtailed. You do the duel with Vader and that's it. What they do for is quite clever, in that it gives Luke ability more in line with what we see of Jedi in the PT while foreshadowing Palpatine's final defeat in the ST.

I can only assume they're keeping the space levels of Endor as side content to unlock. I know I saw a level in the trailers where you take on the Executor. It's too big a gap to leave empty.

Started TPM and the first level was very, very fun. It also has a stronger intro to lightsaber combat.

19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Thinking back to our previous conversation on lightsaber tutorials, it occurs to me the PT completely lacks blaster tutorials. I might guess the OT and ST have one.
    Largely a factor of lightsabers being center and focus, those few times were I used a blaster hero I quickly switch back to a Jedi because I found the whole duck and cover mechanic confusing after just blocking and cutting for so long.

Also, there's a surprisingly deep lore reference in AOTC. Kit Fisto mentions Wooriid which originated in the New Canon Mace Windu comic.
    Ok not that deep... Deep for a LEGO game.

Really my favorite part of this game is uncovering which background characters they bothered to give a voice and which not.
    So far it seems every member if the Council is voiced including Yaddle and Poof. (The former curiously goes back and forth between Yoda speak and normal speak, when giving a quest its normal but when collecting Kyber Bricks for instance its backwards).

Kit even has his TCW voice actor which adds a new level of depth to the game having him speak up in movie moments. Don't know who voice Master Mundi, but he sounds a bit off though. Gotta say I love Yareal Poof's voice, definitely wouldn't work in a more serious game but its worth a laugh here. BTW he has a habit of speaking in the 3rd person.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I kinda wish ROTS wasn’t so truncated but landing on Mustafar as Sith Eyes Anakin (pre suit Vader) with Anakin’s Dark Deeds playing in free roam hits hard af

Sinrebirth likes this.
  21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Exegol

Saw some gameplay of it for free roam and ah man it's hilarious and funny.

It's post Rise of Skywalker but their are some Sith Cultist hanging around still.

You have to fight a bunch of on the lose Snoke Clones

Lots of hilarious plaques to read.

It's great! Also makes you wonder if seriously the Sith Eternal could still be around even after TROS.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    LOOSE SNOKE CLONES. Really?!

23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    "I AM SICK OF THESE MOTHERKRIFFING SNOKES ON THIS MOTHERKARKING PLANET!"

...I cannot wait to play this game.

24. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    theres a cultist trying to corrupt a kyber crystal. you help him by getting a sith artifact on a machine and it corrupts the kyber. You talk to that cultist again afterwards and he's laughing cause he went insane after looking straight at the kyber as it corrupted.

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Loose Snoke Clones and Snoke Clone Varients

Backwards talking Snoke
    Gentlemen Snoke
    Tiny Snoke
    Disco Snoke
    etc etc etc