main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LEGO Lego Star Wars TV Special: The Padawan Menace

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DantheJedi, Jun 15, 2011.

1. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  2. JoleeBee

JoleeBee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2011
    WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?
    GL is looking to recruit even more young audience to his fanbase? Ahsoka fans are not enough?[face_laugh]

Well, I will watch it, but this is really awkward.

3. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    :confused:

4. hanimal

hanimal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2000
    hooray...o_O

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    [image=http://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/omgwtf.jpg]

6. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    [face_laugh]

7. Darth-Wyrm

Darth-Wyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    Wow is there really any reason to be negative about this? It's LEGO. Kids love Lego and quite a few adults like it too (like me). It's not like it effects continuity. It's just ONE fun SW episode. What's the harm?

Not only am I looking forward to it, but it'll give me a chance to watch some SW with my 3 yr. old nephew.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Wow is there really any reason to be negative about other people expressing their honest opinions?

9. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Just told my 4 yr old about this and he damn near did a back flip.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I had a nerdgasm when I read this thread title.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That's not the best news I've heard all day. If it's its own thing and not supposed to be connected to TCW I suppose there won't be much harm.

Of course, if their opinions are WRONG. [face_skull]

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Tarkas where have you been?

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Not on my laptop. :p Thanks for noticing my absence, friend. [:D]

14. Darth-Wyrm

Apr 30, 2005
    How was I being negative? Is questioning the reason for negativity now the same as being negative? I didn't bash anyone or make any personal attacks. I asked quite literally "What's the harm?"

And to be honest, your reasoning is totally circular. So people can be negative but I'm not allowed to question it because it's their "honest opinion," but you're free to question my "honest opinion"?

I'm really not trying to pick a fight or anything. I just don't see why anyone has to be negative about this announcement. It's fun, it's for kids, it's Star Wars and it doesn't mess up continuity. If people can explain logically why this warrants bashing, I'm totally open to hearing it. Hence my questions...

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Some people won't like it because of its immature nature. I'm not too fussed about it for the same reasons JoleeBee said - it's just basically grabbing them while they're young so they can become the next generation of loyal Star Wars fans that keep funding the franchise.

16. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I'm not that excited. It's not canon and, aside from a few hilarious gems, the LEGO SW antics don't do much for me.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, I never found the idea of Lego Star Wars to be very appealing unless we're talking about actual Legos.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't know what to think about this. I guess it'll turn out kind of like the Family Guy Star Wars specials but with legos and written for kids.

19. Darth-Wyrm

Apr 30, 2005
    I understand it's not for everyone. But personally, I think it's a great thing to continue to find ways to bring kids into it. I know quite a few kids who aren't quite old enough to watch the films, and even TCW is a little much for them. But something like this is a great way to build their interest until they get older.

As far as I know, the Star Wars exhibit at Legoland is a big hit. So clearly there's interest there. I can't find anything wrong with continuing to grow new generations of Star Wars fans.

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't see it as "enlightening kids in the magic of Star Wars," I see it as "recruit them young, get more money."

21. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    As expected.:p

23. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It's not "as expected," since I'm not the only one hating this idea, but this new special is pretty much rather wtf are they thinking?

24. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I have to agree. Wordless toys doing slapstick for an hour is hardly Star Wars magic, but rather a 45 minute commercial for SW merchandise.

25. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This doesn't sound like much fun. But hey, I'm probably 15+ years out of their intended age range; if the little kids watch it and enjoy it, then I don't really see the harm (especially as it doesn't affect canon).