main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LEGO Lego Star Wars TV Special: The Padawan Menace

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DantheJedi, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I'll pick it up at the same time I get the complete saga on blu ray. :p

2. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Ha ha, sweet! I'm so picking it up on Blu-Ray. The bonus stuff looks interesting.

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This was cool and will also pick up on blue ray

4. metalinvader1982

metalinvader1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2007
    Indeed.Everything else we have seen but it'll be nice to have them on Blu-ray but I wonder what the 'Star Wars Clone Wars In Cinema' bonus feature is.[face_thinking]

5. Websinger2

Websinger2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2010
    Yeah, I don't think you understand. But never mind.

I genuinely really enjoyed it. Actually made me laugh, which is always a plus :p. Turned out to be a very fun little piece of entertainment, I definitely wouldn't compalin if they did a few more.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I watched it today- funny stuff[face_laugh] .... actually it really felt like TCW-episode- except it was more entertaining and had better plot than average TCW-ep[face_laugh] Of course it has canonical impossibilities- breaking the fourth wall etc. but many things were almost canonworthy....

It is more than obvious they used things that cannot happen in TCW (Solo amongst jedi, Anakin fighting Grievous.....Death of Jar-Jar) good to see them here so TCW doesn't have to show them and mess up....

Too bad JAT and Dee Bradley were missing- Dee Bradley was in former lego clone-comics but not in this i think was he... no it was not him.....- so i guess he was too busy then.....

Legofigures were just as convincing as TCW's animation so without few building- and "dismemberment-" jokes i wouldn't have remembered it's lego special and not real TCW:p

Darth Vader-scene stealer with George was great- poor Vader has no place in TCW-era Galaxy "Get Darth a donut!"

Fortunately out-of-place Vader is still missing from TCW... or is it?o_O - i have seen Vader-scene stealers there -they are just not this obvious and George doesn't come to clear things up:p

Grievous minifig was missing it's eyes[face_thinking] ... was that intentional that he cannot see Anakin? [face_laugh] hey that's almost working explanation....... so this can still be canon[face_laugh] .....too bad lego-stuff never is..... I'm sure jedischoolbus is canon though;)

This is not for overcritic fanboys who are insulted by non-canonical stuff, not for those who cannot stand humour or are expecting to see serious stuff or for those who think that only cynicism and sarcasm is "funny humour"- humour in this was classic familyfriendly lego-SW stuff now only with talking characters (but it didn't affect to overall atmosphere....)

but all age-limits are made up- i'm 21 and i enjoyed- it is for kids certainly but not "only for kids" or then maybe i'm 21 year old kid[face_monkey] ....

7. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    I loved it! Really well written, cue & fun. It was actually like some crazy episode of the old "Droids" tv series.

Of course I'd much prefer an animated special based on Tales of the Jedi or something :p

But that's probably not going to happen...

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    =P~=P~=P~=P~=P~

9. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    [image=http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/9588/1238009-darth_vader_noooo1_1__super.jpg]

10. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    LEGO adaptation of Tales of the Jedi, or KOTOR? I'm in.

Does anyone else think that these parodies and commercials like Curry's have lately had better C-3PO and R2 than official sources?

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Meh, I like Tales of the Jedi, but please no. Not with Lucas at least.

12. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    1st: Considering you are supposed to have humor, since people enjoy garbage humor like the Lego Star Wars show, you would think you would see the humor in what I said. I was joking around.

2nd: The masses are easily led around on a leash and told what to enjoy because they "think" that is what they should enjoy. The greatest deceit is when they do not even know they have been deceived. That is why crap Bay-Fest movies like Transformers are so popular, people enjoy garbage now days, so garbage is what they will get. It embarrasses me to even be on the same planet when humanity thinks Star Wars Lego or Bay's Transformers is so "hilarious" and "enjoyable" or "fantastic". It couldn't be any further from the truth.

Quality over Quantity. Or nothing.

13. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Except that the Lego Star Wars special was quality over quantity.

14. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    My mother bought me my first LEGO set when I was four or five years old. It was one of a series of sets called Fabuland. Being the age I was I was entranced by it. It was bright, it was colorful and I loved playing with it, building things, and getting creative with it. I've loved LEGO ever since. My fondest memory is from when I was six, and my mother bought me my very first really big set. You know like the kind that cost upwards of $100 these days. I have no clue how much it was then, but I know now that my mother wasn't very well off, struggling to pay the bills as a single parent, but nevertheless she managed to save enough to get me that set. Main Street, it was called. I'd build it up, play with it, tear it down and build it all over again, occasionally adding my own little touches because it fed my creativity in ways nothing else at the time did. Of course more sets followed in the years ahead, and I still build with LEGOs in my spare time as one of my hobbies to this day, but my fondest LEGO memories are of those first few years of my life when I first discovered them, thanks to my mother.

Of course I've grown since then. Suffice it to say I'm middle-aged. I have a steady job. An apartment I share with a person I've loved dearly for the last 16 years and counting. And, as a general rule, we don't bother anybody. But I still like LEGO. There are many things from my childhood I still like. I never thought that growing up meant I had to stop liking something. When I first heard that they'd be blending LEGO with the Star Wars Universe I thought, now that's a really neat idea. Sure it doesn't take itself seriously, but it doesn't have to. it's a blending of two things I love for a variety of reasons.

What I saw this last Friday night obviously was aimed at children and not every adult would enjoy that. I get that. I understand it. I have no problems with people not liking it. There are plenty of things I don't like that others do.

What I don't get is why it's wrong for me to like it. How is it that a person can be "deceived" into liking something? If I like something, especially something that reminds me of my childhood, I fail to see why that's wrong. Perhaps you can elaborate.

15. Websinger2

Mar 31, 2010
    [face_laugh]
    Oh, wait. You're serious. Yikes.
    Sorry, but I think we're the ones embarrassed to be sharing a planet with you. Granted, I don't like the Transformers films but I enjoyed the Lego SW special, of my own choice, so get off your high horse, self-righteous know-it-all better-than-thou arrogance is not becoming. [face_shame_on_you]

16. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    [image=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_y8uiVAM4Y7Y/SpGvmtzzlGI/AAAAAAAAHIQ/DzWvR1GayzI/s400/you_are_broken_trollcat.jpg]

17. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    haha wow

18. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [image=http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg]

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Since it seems you're getting branded as a traitor by a mob with angry pitchforks Vengeant, how about this: what would you want to see instead? What would have made the show better?

20. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I personally thought it was a cute special. I especially liked all the non-canon moments like Anakin vs Grievous, Artoo playing the "we don't serve their kind here" clip from ANH, Lucas telling Vader that he isn't in these scenes, Palpatine accidentally revealing his Sith disguise to the Senate and messing with their heads afterward, and of course the appearance of a young Han Solo.

Seriously, what makes someone an expert on what is and isn't supposed to be quality entertainment? After all as the saying goes "one person's trash is another person's treasure." I liked the Star Wars Lego Special but I disliked the Transformers movies and most of the Transformers cartoons. I also loved the Star Wars Robot Chicken special but I personally didn't care for the 'Something Something Dark Side' Family Guy special.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Not this again people- Ok definition of "garbage" is one of those point of view things- Vengeant i agree that Transformers is garbage but i still like this if you don't like this don't watch this and let others to like this without picking a fight with comments like that

22. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I wont be watching it. No "fight picking" was done by me. Such immaturity is pointless. I stated my opinion and personal view and preference. That is all.

I really don't care what others think. The mob mentality is like a cancer now days. And, I quite expected immature insults and name calling, also another annoying human trait I despise. People cannot do anything anymore without insulting eachother and resorting to childishness. "Trolling" for example. It seems like the maturity level of humanity has dropped off the bottom of the scale because of the internet. Moving on....

I feel the show was just redundant and rushed. I personally enjoyed the Star Wars Lego The Complete Saga and Star Wars Lego III The Clone Wars games. But, I found not one thing to laugh at here on this TV special. It all seemed very haphazard and put together just for the gimmick of it, to bank off the Star Wars name, without taking time to do it right. The games are done right, I enjoyed them both enough to complete them with all achievements and to 100%. The TV show was an atrocity. I scratch my head wondering how ANYONE found it hilarious and funny, because it was the complete opposite. It was boring and bland. People are far too easily impressed and entertained now days. I demand better.

I do not enjoy parodies of anything. I find them an utter waste of time and money. Instead of using that money and time to make a real quality movie or series, they just waste time with nonsense.

Bottom line: I would much rather have a proper Star Wars show, since the live action show is on hold. I would much rather the people who did The Old Republic CG trailer's make an Old Republic era TV series, because in all honesty, they are utterly epic and would smash the Prequels to dust with their quality. Those CG trailers are just phenomenal and how Star Wars should be done in my opinion.

Again, quality over quantity.

23. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    I do

24. Websinger2

Mar 31, 2010
    It's not the fact that you dislike the show which people are finding offence with. If you didn't find it funny, fair enough, I have no problem with that. I personally did enjoy it, but I'm not going to force you to like it nor degrade you for being unable to find enjoyment in it. And again, I agree with you with the TOR trailers; they are incredible and I wish we could have a series like that, but they are allowed to do something fun and easily enjoyable every now and again, considering that most people enjoyed the result.

Opinions are fine, but insulting everyone else is not, and is only immature. You call us immature and childish, but you're the one who accused people of being easily-led "masses", implying that anyone who liked the special was a simple-minded idiot, before going on to state you were embarrassed to share the planet with us. Yep, that was a very mature thing to say. Grow up and take a look at the way you acted. Stop looking down your nose at the "masses" and realise that you're no better than anyone else, who at least state their opinion with a bit of respect and dignity. Act your age.

25. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    According to my very scientific research, the word "masses" most popular demographic is prepubescent college males.