main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Leia’s Endor Eveningwear...

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by AllTheSingleMaras, Nov 15, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    Did the Ewoks make that getup for her in the hours it took for the male heroes to reunite with her... and... WHY? Was there that one Ewok that was just a little too into designing clothes and he was all “Yub Yub, now is my chance to SHINE!”

Did those clothes have a previous owner??? That they ATE???

Where the frick frack did they learn to fit animal skin to the female HUMAN FORM on a world of teddy bear beings??? Endor school of fashion?????

Are those adult Cindel’s clothes from “Ewok Adventure”??? And if so, WHERE IS CIND-... DID THEY EAT HER???

These are the questions that keep me up at night...

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I think they just did it because the costume designer got bored and wanted an excuse to make a new leia costume :p

3. afterlight

afterlight Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2019
    I have literally nothing of value to say here but this question has haunted me for at least 20 years.

4. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    I mean.... yeah... but there still has to be a REASON. Like GL’s shotty reasoning that there is no underwear in space... when he just wanted Carrie to look supple and unbound because that’s... alluring. I don’t know, must be a guy thing. The last thing I would want as a rebel princess is to have no support as I run around saving the Galaxy. Like... OW.

But I digress. Clearly they just wanted another Leia outfit, but it still has to make some contextual sense within the story... so humor me;)

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    They were her pajamas that she actually brought with her for roughing it around camp when she was planning for the mission.

Due to her pampered upbringing as a princess, the thought never occurred to her that soldiers sleep in their fatigues.

AllTheSingleMaras likes this.
  6. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    Leia’s more of a militant princess who becomes a general. So I think she knows how to rough it. Maybe her fatigues were dirty and the Ewoks wanted to clean them for her, as gratitude for being... nice? Sharing a cookie? And then, not wanting to slight their hospitality, wore their HUMAN SIZED CLOTHING AND SANDALS... and let them do her hair. Unless you’re insinuating that maybe she obsessively sewed an outfit together out of stuff laying around... and beaded sandals... because she’s a princess, dang it!

I still think it is the clothing of adult Cindel, who made them, passed away, and they inshrined her possessions. And Leia found them or was offered them as apart of their hospitality. And being the good ambassador she is, surrounded by teddy bears with spears and taste for flesh... she did not refuse.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Or Cindel's mother - that would fit better with the timeline as established in tie-in media (Ewoks movies taking place mere months before ROTJ) . If prior to the Sanyassan Marauder attack, Cindel's mother had made a dress or had one made for her, but been killed by the Marauders before she got the chance to wear it - that would explain why the dress is still around to be worn by Leia.

8. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    Yes! YES! By George you’ve solved it!!!

I forgot the timeline. That would make sense, as they used the same Ewok that bonded with Leia as the one that bonded with Cindel. And he’s not old, but not a baby Ewok.

That makes so much sense in my mind palace, now. THANK YOU.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Cindel gets a minor role in the Black Fleet Crisis books as a reporter, some 11 years after ROTJ. And in The Essential Guide to Warfare we have an Imperial who fought on the ground in the battle of Endor, relating his views about the battle to her years after the event, in an interview.

10. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    This is now my head-canon.
    Now heres a clothing related question i've had - in ANH, did Luke and Han have their civilian clothes on under the stolen Stormtrooper armor? they go into the trash compactor in armor but come out in clean try normal clothes. Did Chewie have them in his fannypack? Why even change out of the armor when they are trying to sneak out?

11. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    SAME. My head canon too. The Reporter Cindel sees the holovids or illustrations of the dress and instantly recognizes it. Her mother making that dress with her was one of the last happy memories with her mother. She visits the Forrest moon of Endor again, Wicket is now leader of the Ewoks... but he remembers Cindel! And of course there’s the hot humanoid settler there with a camp, studying the Ewoks and taking samples to determine it it is viable for more inhabitants but Cindel must stand up for the Ewoks, earning herself the nickname Queen of the Ewoks!

or something like that.

As for the costume change, I think they were wearing them under the armor, and anything extra was in the packs in the back of the armor, that they could have emptied out.... or the wookie fannypack is logical:)

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    And Cindel left with that old dude when she was just a kid, remember? So obviously it would've belonged to Mom.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    This is an amusing topic.

As someone who grew up in a household with a mother frequently at a sewing machine or with crotchet/sewing needles in hand, I think you all greatly overestimate the time it would take to fashion a simple dress for Leia. Particularly with the primitive stitch style in use.

I could easily see a couple handy tailor/seamstress ewoks sizing Leia up, probably while she was bathing and getting her hair done. Let's face it, Leia was like a statuesque alien barbie doll to a entire tribe of very skillful homemakers. I suspect the material was loomed in substantial sizes to be cut to fit the various shapes of the ewoks, which means they have enough length for someone taller, no problem. Though I suspect it was probably more of a animal leather...which just means a couple of animals bigger then leia were hunted and skinned before she arrived. That's not too hard to imagine.

I have always imagined that scene when Leia appears from the hut, as Leia has literally just finished getting dressed. She's been so fussed over that she was closed off from the activity outside by the cluster of ewok fashionistas turning her into the star of the dance. Probably 3 or 4 of them left behind in the hut, measuring tape around their necks and spare needles stuck in their hoods, slapping each other on the back and talking about the next outfit. You know, when they actually have real time to plan...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    ColeFardreamer and Sarge like this.
  14. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [​IMG]

Alpha-Red likes this.
  16. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    So much brainstorming and yet my fellow fans didn't even scratch the surface of the truth that is obvious and hidden in plain sight in the Ewok movies:

NOPE, this dress was not Cindel's (too young!) though I now want to see adult Cindel return and wear one!

NOPE, it wasn't her moms either.

There is another female: Charal, the Dathomir Nightsister witch that likes animal skin clothes! I bet after defeating her they looted her castle and wardrobe! Yubyub!

Bernael Edit: Thread locked by moderator due to inactivity. Should you desire the thread reactivated please contact Sinrebirth, darthbernael, or Bardan_Jusik.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2022
    Iron_lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.