main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Leia Organa (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 27, 2022.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep this is a thread for Leia. Who seems will get a lot of focus in this show.

mods change this to Leia whenever you think it’s fit.

Man loving her character

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The actress definitely has the sass down

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    Sproj, Count Yubnub, Yanksfan and 9 others like this.
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Sassy Leia is my favorite.

Sproj, moxlox, Shaak Ti and 4 others like this.
  4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I thought young Leia was one of the best parts of the show!

I got chills on my spine when I saw that first shot of Alderaan, and it only got better after that. The actress is super talented, the lines that she was given are great, the sass is perfect in every scene she brings it, and I loved how they showed her maturity levels and her ability to "own" anyone she interacts with, even her cousin who tried to school her.

5. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    This show did not go where i expected. I definitely didn't expect this, but i loved it.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No Star Wars show does

7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    All the animated ones kinda do. And I wouldn't say the live action shows prior to Kenobi had anywhere specific to go.
    We knew nothing about The Mandalorian prior to the premiere of the show. It was bound to go to places we didn't expect.

8. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Was pleasantly surprised that they went for a deep dive on Leia, some of the best writing across both episodes. Alderran came to life, the nobility, aristocratic arrogance, Bail's charming wisdom, it all clicked together and felt big, part of the whole GFFA. The actress is very young, a brave choice by LFL and I think the right one. Throwing her into action scenes was ambitious, but worked well enough imo. Her scenes with Jimmy and Ewan are lovely.

Valiowk, Yanksfan, Shaak Ti and 5 others like this.
  9. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    The kid who plays her does a really good job.
    I was not expecting so much Leia in the show, if she would even show up at all. I thought Obi-Wan was going offworld to get the Inquisitors away from Luke, but we now know it's to rescue Leia.
    I never figured Obi-Wan and Leia met. Seeing Obi-Wan killed by Vader and Leia's birth don't really count.
    Funny that Leia thinks Obi-Wan would pass for her grandpa when Bail is probably 5-10 years older than him.

Sproj and Shaak Ti like this.
  10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm liking Leia a lot. I think the actress is doing really well. She handles dialogue well, and has plenty of sass. But, I hope she doesn't do anymore chase scenes, because those don't work. No offense to her, but she's 2 feet tall, and looks about 6 years old, and it's not convincing that she can outrun grown men.

Other than that, she's great.

Riv_Shiel, wobbits and DarthFixxxer like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Shh the force works in mysterious ways

Shaak Ti likes this.
  12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It's like someone from Disney created a time machine, went back in time and brought a 10 year old CF to the future. I'm normally not too keen on kids leading the story, there seems to be a thing now for kids to be front and centre and other than Ghostbusters: Afterlife I'm not a fan...

But they've cast well, got a young actress that doesn't need prompting from behind the camera, she comes across natural and has effortlessly bossed EM in their scenes. I can only hope that they've cast equally well with Luke, he's a far different character, probably a lot harder to write and to get a convincing portrayal out of such a young actor.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It might be why Luke may be relegated a lot

14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    That's something that occurred to me sadly, I hope not, I want to see him have a similar adventure with OWK that Leia had.

15. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    As a joke, I can laugh at that. As a serious answer to ridiculous things happening in Star Wars, I'd rather they not turn the Force into a fix-all deus ex machina whenever it suits them.

Shaak Ti and Riv_Shiel like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I honestly think that was done years ago sadly

17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I heard the rumor a while back and simply chose to dismiss it because I didn't want spoilers.
    Was glad I did because that made her appearance a lot more impactful.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I heard it kinda. But I forgot about it. Glad I did. Was such a surprise

clone commander bossk likes this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes, I agree, but I still don't want to encourage them to continue.

Not that anyone in charge of such things cares about my comments.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They didn’t even take their own advice from Han. That’s not how the force works

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  21. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    I may be one of the few who don't think she's fully pulling it off. She's trying though. I'm trying to get used to her delivery because I realize now what Deborah Chow meant by her drawing from Logan, so I think Leia is here until the end of the show.

EDIT: Forgot to add, what I do appreciate about them bringing in a 10 year old Leia is that this gives Obi-Wan a chance to relive his experience with Anakin who was always 10 when they first met.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Now that you said it I can definitely see the connection between this and Logan

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm really hoping this opens the door for a full-on Leia show for her own. We all know Luke's story from beginning to end. We know Anakin's from beginning to end, for that matter. Leia has pretty much played second-fiddle in just about every forum you can think of; including anime (her pop-up episodes in Rebels) and of course the films. Really the only time where she's been put on the headline has been the Claudia Gray novel as well as the more recent comics.

Demon4x4 and Count Yubnub like this.
  24. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    She's one of the best parts of the show for me so far. I feel that the actress is doing a very good job with most of her delivery and her mannerisms. Her interactions with Bail are heartwarming father and daughter while on the other hand I can see that Breha's been busy for awhile preparing her for her future duties. I'd love to see something other than the novels so far touch on Leia's young life.

Sproj, Shaak Ti, DarthFixxxer and 3 others like this.
  25. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Imagine if the scoundrels had tried to nab her in the palace, she would probably have neutralized them all, Home Alone style.