main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Leia Organa (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 27, 2022.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If the stories there and you think it’s worth telling they should tell it. But I hope the MBB rumors are wrong as I want a good long break from established characters leading series. At least with Andor we don’t know how his journey started.

I just want Star Wars to focus on new characters.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  2. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Wait for this kid to grow up a few years if you really want to do a teenage Leia series. I would much rather this is amazingly talented actress than Brown who horrifically overacts every single role she is in.

Yanksfan and Sarge like this.
  3. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    I would have loved to see Leia: A Star Wars Story (As much I like Rogue One, it'd almost seem more fitting if the first two spinoffs were of Leia and Han instead), seeing how she goes from sheltered princess to secret rebel fighter, accidentally stumbling upon her father's secret door to all this crazy rebellion stuff, realizing her dad is like some secret "terrorist".

But now, seeing that she's already halfway there, already having gone on adventures, and probably developing a hate for the Empire through seeing the stormtroopers try to slaughter them and all that, I don't think it'd be that interesting a story.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  4. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Only Vivian should play Leia from this point. MBB is great too, but too well known to play an established character. She can play someone new though.

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I never thought I'd ever say this, but if they ever decide to make more Narnia movies, Vivian could be as good as Georgie Henley was playing Lucy.

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The Adventures of Young Princess Leia starring Vivian Lyra Blair, Jimmy Smits, Simone Kessell, Guy Henry, co-starring David Bowers, Tim Beckman, with James Earl Jones as the voice of Darth Vader and Ian McDiarmid.

[​IMG]

7. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I agree. I'd say in a few yrs though.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Honestly I wouldn't mind an adaptation of Princess of Alderaan. Preferably animated, to sidestep the whole recasting issue.

9. Jedi Tony

Jedi Tony Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2022
    I found little Leia's character to be even more annoying than little Anakin in TPM.

They're both perfect at everything and can do everything... but at least Anakin was a curious young kid. He's naive, he's impractical, he's unrealistic, etc. He may be the chosen one but the adults around him still talk to him like he's a kid and treat him like a kid, which he is. He's always under adult supervision, he's always being told to stay put.

Leia on the other hand is just so incredibly wise beyond her years, even wiser and more perceptive than the adults around her. That scene where she verbally drags her cousin is the type of thing you just wouldn't ever hear a 10 year old say, not even a so called genius. What's next, is she going to give her parents marriage advice?

And unlike Anakin who needs to be held by the hand, Leia totally takes charge of every situation she's in. When she and OB1 are stranded on that planet, she's the one who ends up being proactive and taking charge instead of OB1.

Just really, really weird. Cute kid, good actress for her age, but I was not fond of the characterization at all.

10. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    Give the actress two, three years and then please do a Leia-YA-story. Usually I don't care much about child actors (or actors in general), but Vivian is just great. I said it before, she's one of those kids you would love to babysit of a few hours - but you'll be more than happy to give them back to their parents.
    And I think the characterisation was perfect. Leia was never to be a character to "like". She was the character that is cool but you would never love to hang out with her - her mouth always needed a weapon licence.

But this series brought up something that has to be addressed in a series (animated or live action, I don't care) soon: The childhood in the GFFA. Much of the criticism stems from the fact that we simple don't get/don't know about the education of the leaders we follow. We have a 14yo queen with handmaidens that were no-one in person but best educated. We have Leia who's smart beyond her age with 10 and will be on the junior senate in three years. As long as there is no shown and universal explanation for this you'll always think that the kids aren't "right". I think it is totally OK when someone says: "Leia is not a real kid." That is true, because none of us knows a kid with this education. (The school system in Germany is bad, but you're lucky if a ten year old would be able to write somewhat correctly.)

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  11. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Right. I mean we see some of it in Leia, Princess of Alderaan (kinda) but there is that gap so when you see an advanced 10 yr old Leia you think it not possible.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    @Jedi Tony i think your very much wrong. She was amazing in the show

13. Jedi Tony

Jun 14, 2022
    Well I had no problem with the actress herself.

I just hate it when movies and TV shows go out of their way to make the kid the smartest one in the room. I mean she's supposed to be ten years old, come on. Her levels of perception and maturity just rang hollow for me. It really did feel like a corny disney show.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I understand you had no problem with the actress. I was saying both the character and the actress did amazing

15. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    It fits in with Canon too because as early as ANH we see she can resist Vader. So it starting early as this tracks.

I agree.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We’re talking about a character who was a Senator and a Rebel leader at 19 years old. Clearly this isn’t a normal ten year old.

17. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Leia's always been a bit of a prodigy.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    "Mom you say the biggest problem in this universe is no one helps each other" says 9yo Anakin Skywalker, right after showing off the droid he built from scratch and bragging about building his own fully functional racing vehicle. Perception and smarts obviously run in the family, and that's not even bringing up Padmé.

19. Jedi Tony

Jun 14, 2022
    She was a high ranking official because of her family. That's not to say she wasn't a courageous leader, but Carrie Fisher was not portrayed as some exceptional genius. If anything she seemed like a pretty down to earth gal. It's not like they could rely on her to fix the hyper-drive.

As for the OB1 series, you're right she wasn't a normal ten year old. That's the problem. That's why it felt like a cartoon.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    You clearly have not met many children of well-connected people. Many are idiots who aren’t high-ranking anything.

Leia, on the other hand, particularly in her confrontations with Tarkin and Vader, and later on Yavin IV and in her leadership on Hoth, came across as whip smart, highly capable and unusually brave. It’s only you who’re trying to reduce her to “down to earth gal.” Not to mention: why can’t someone be brilliant AND down to earth?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  21. Jedi Tony

Jun 14, 2022
    Because ten year olds are stupid.

22. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    In SOME ways. And not all 10 year olds are the same.

23. Jedi Tony

Jun 14, 2022
    Have you ever met a 10 year old that's smarter than you?

24. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Not smarter than, but i wouldn't call them stupid.

I haven't found many people my own age who are smarter than me :p

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    Riv_Shiel and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I’ve found the exact opposite to be the case most of the time.