main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lest Ye Be Judged--Vader war crimes trial--Voted Best All-Around, thanks!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    See, Ish, this is why I'm not posting my rewrite here anytime soon...because we're writing about the same stuff and yours just sounds so much better. :p

2. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    I'm really loving this whole one update a day thing...

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001

But, hon, yours is so awesome in the rewrite. And I'm glad you're not in here slapping me around for the rewrite, though I'll have to wait around to see what you think of the rest of the story. ;)

Me, too. It gives me such a sense of control over the story.

4. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    You're like GreatOne's evil twin now. [face_laugh]

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Excuse me?

6. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Hey... as long as I'm not the Evil One! ;) O:)

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    We all know that you're [face_devil] and I'm the O:) . Disagree with me and this angel will [face_beatup] you. :p

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    "This," he murmured, "is the price I paid to bring your brother back to you."

Wow. That was a really powerful line.

Awesome post!!

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Great Luke and Leia interaction. Ouch! Luke needs a medic.

10. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Gee, I wonder where they are going. ;)

I like that it's apparent that Luke is actually injured from the Emperor's attack on him. In ROTJ he just smiled and hugged people without even a wince. I mean, the guy had just been blasted with an unimaginable amount of lightening and it's as though nothing happened. If it were me, I'd forego the happy-go-lucky reunion moment and waddle straight to the nearest medic and demand treatment before I passed out. Then again, perhaps I'm just a crybaby that can't handle a little force-lightening like tough guy, Luke Skywalker. :p

*vows to stay awake long enough to read the next yummy postie*

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Nice part, Look actually looks more injured than he did the last time I read this section.

Though I do wish you'd kept Leia's response from the original when Luke asked her if she trusted him:

Eversince you showed up in Stormtrooper's armor and said "I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you." Or something a little similar to that. Been some time since I read that.

Look forward to more.

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Darn. I have been asleep all evening due to being sick, so now I have 33 minutes before it's a new day. But I'm going to get it done in the next three hours, then give you another post tomorrow. Don't worry.

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    NYCitygurl--"This," he murmured, "is the price I paid to bring your brother back to you."

Wow. That was a really powerful line.

Awesome post!!

Thanks, I love that line. It's not quite bitter because he was willing to do anything to come back in the light side, but it's very grim.

RebelMom--Great Luke and Leia interaction. Ouch! Luke needs a medic.

Thanks and don't worry, he'll get one.

Ashamaphone--Gee, I wonder where they are going.

LOL.

I like that it's apparent that Luke is actually injured from the Emperor's attack on him. In ROTJ he just smiled and hugged people without even a wince. I mean, the guy had just been blasted with an unimaginable amount of lightening and it's as though nothing happened. If it were me, I'd forego the happy-go-lucky reunion moment and waddle straight to the nearest medic and demand treatment before I passed out. Then again, perhaps I'm just a crybaby that can't handle a little force-lightening like tough guy, Luke Skywalker.

Yeah, I'd be such a wimp. I mean, I'm the one who spent the better part of 7 months sleeping on the couch most nights because the mattress hurt too much when I was sick and then recovering from my injury. Then, as soon as I got better, I broke my tailbone. Anyway, yeah, there was such a sense of euphoria at the end of ROTJ. You have to wonder what happened in this night where he's been missing. He's obviously not been in a healing trance.

*vows to stay awake long enough to read the next yummy postie*

Sorry! Will be done by...2 a.m.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Juliet316--Nice part, Look actually looks more injured than he did the last time I read this section.

Yeah? I tried to keep it pretty much the same because I like how I handled it last time.

Though I do wish you'd kept Leia's response from the original when Luke asked her if she trusted him:

Eversince you showed up in Stormtrooper's armor and said "I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you." Or something a little similar to that. Been some time since I read that.

Hmm, I'll have to look back at that. I hadn't remembered that.

Look forward to more.

Thanks.

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Actually, it might be just a really big post in which case, maybe more than three hours. But who's counting at this time of morning?

16. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Exactly. Besides, I'm keeping myself entertained reading Point of No Return, which I only stumbled upon a few hours ago btw.

However, in terms of the next installment of this epic I may very well miss it's initial posting--it's 5:05 AM here and I'm starting to get tired. :p

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Good grief! You poor thing. Go to bed!

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    He did not dare to say a single word about the events of last night in the three hours that it took for them to reach the clearing.

It wasn't for lack of effort on her part. He asked many questions, drawing the sheepish story out of her memory with a series of heartfelt inquiries that were both teasing and concerned. She answered as best she could, endeavoring with ridiculous levity to draw a smile out of him. Usually, any mention of C-3PO in a battle setting would make him grin and shake his head, since he had at least twice as many stories as she about the fastidious protocol droid. At the very least, he would have rolled his eyes and started a new sentence with the words, "If you think that's bad..."

Instead, the entire trip was more of a one-sided conversation, verbally and emotionally. He took the account seriously, nodding at times, but on the whole treating it as a debriefing rather than an amiable story-telling.

As the sun climbed to its xenith, his hand snaked out to wrap around hers unexpectedly, the most affectionate thing he'd done since leaving the village. She shifted her hand, cradling his gently.

"How did you..." He hesitated, still not daring to look at her. "How did what I told you affect things?"

It changed everything and you left me with a crazy urge to chase after you or take a long jump off that bridge.

If Han hadn't been willing to hold me without needing to know why, I might have.

"I tried not to let it," she said instead. "Han didn't know what was going on, only that I needed to be held."

"Like the second anniversary," Luke mused.

She stared, unsure of how he had found out about that, since he'd been on the other side of the Galaxy at that point. Undoubtedly, Han had told him something about the second anniversary of Alderaan's destruction, when she had expected to celebrate the memorial alone and instead, he had arrived with the necessary supplies and the urge to help.

Well, the desire to help. He had been unable to find the Alderaanian green on such short notice, but somehow, his contacts had a bottle of hrashi. Hrashi was a strongly fermented drink that had hallucinogenic effects if consumed more than a little at a time. They'd poured one glass and taken the smallest of sips, wincing sympathetically in the hopes that the small amount wouldn't make them think that nerfs were coming through the viewport.

She remembered little of what ensued, except that it had taken four hours to get through the thirty minutes of memorial prayers and that she had spent a great deal of the time sobbing rather pathetically in the arms of a man she had sworn was nothing but a callous mercenary.

They had been at odds, barely avoiding slugging matches for a year by then, but it was the first time in a while that she had been allowed to consider him as the friend she had made on a Death Star.

In hindsight, it might have been the first indication that she had that he considered her as more than a friend.

"Pretty much," she admitted, "minus the drunken hysteria."

"Pity," he deadpanned. "The mission might have gone better if you were too drunk to care about diplomacy."

Great to hear that sense of humor, now say it as if you still have a heart in there.

You're scaring me.

You don't have to tell me everything, just tell me what I'm supposed to do to help you right now. I don't feel as if I can even find you through all the darkness that's surrounding your mind.

"I wish," he murmured at last, "that I could have stayed with you."

"Me, too," she admitted. "It was hard enough to face the battle without knowing that you were about to be killed by the father I never knew I had."

"I had no idea if I'd ever see you again," he explained, voice still flat. "I couldn't leave without explaining things to you."

"If I don't make it back, you're the only hope for the Alliance."

"Luke, don't talk that way!"

"I know," she assured him.

He rounded a tree, with her close behind, and they both stopped, breath freezing in their thro

19. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Okay, so maybe I won't be checking in everyday ;)

Every second day good enough?

Should be an interesting reaction. Wedge, Rieekan and Chewie. And of course, Han [face_devil]

Why Rieekan though? Why not Lando, or somebody else Leia's had to trust in the past (ie. before ROTJ)? [face_thinking]

I've just asked this question to show I am reading the story and not just idly upping!! 8-}

More pleaseO:)

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, every second day is just fantabulous. People reading at all is fantabulous. Yeah, it should be an interesting reaction.

As for Rieekan, let me quote ThePariah's observations on the characteristics of a DarthIshtar story:

3. General Rieekan is God.

9. Did I mention General Rieekan was God?

Not quite that obvious, but I have a long backstory of Rieekan and the Organas and Rieekan will be a major player in this story. He was an aide to Bail Organa before joining the Senate Guard for the Alderaanian delegation. He was also heavily involved in the Intelligence aspects of the Alderaanian Rebel cell, which is why he was off-world when it was destroyed. The way I write him, he's been a close friend to Leia for most of her life.

Anyway, that's why I would have Leia drag Rieekan into this.

And Lando has a hangover.

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    All right, have sent off all the PMs. If you don't want to be pmed, let me know here.

22. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Ooh, this post was really powerful. Leia's reaction was perfect. Having their conversation from before intercut in there was great. Will Luke allow them to just mount a team against his father? Update soon!

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm glad you liked the part with the conversation from before. That's an entirely new thing, but I thought it would set the stage for what she is about to do very nicely. I'll update this evening.

24. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Awwww. Leia thinking about how Han saved her just by holding her! Poor Leia. And Luke sure could have warned his sister a bit. Talk about a shockeroonie!

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, yes, what a shockeroonie. And I sometimes have a slightly Romanticized idea of the H/L romance, just because otherwise, I can't figure out how they survived the 3 or so years before they got married.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.