main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Let’s Talk About Sandboxes

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Lady_Belligerent , Sep 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    [​IMG]

Calm down, Anakin. We’re going to talk about sandbox games.

What is a sandbox style game?

A sandbox style of game places minimal limitations on the players, it allows the player to roam and develop their character almost at will.

All of us here have played in progression style games where we follow the GM prompts, but in a sandbox game you are encouraged to explore and come up with your own goals for your character.

Another perk is you’re not limited to posting within a set time to allow for GM’s to plan updates, and in most games you can post as often as you’d like.

Playing in a sandbox style game is perfect for those new to role playing, or for anyone who wants to practice character development in a more laid back format.

There are currently two sandbox games open for new players.

Elite League Limmie and The Bunkhouse .

ELL has a colorful history around here. Though it's got a long history, you can join at any time without catching up in the thread. In fact, I recently learned you don’t have to be a sports-savvy person to participate. I’m wondering if anyone has played as a cheerleader, complete with clever cheers to chant? There are endless possibilities to the kind of character you can play. All you need is your imagination.

Fun Fact from @Trieste - someone once played a member of an on-field dance team, though they didn't come up with cheers!

The Bunkhouse is a modern day western set at the edge of Yellowstone, in scenic Montana. It’s time to live out your cowboy fantasies! There are horses to be broken, and cattle to herd.

I’m pals with the GM’s involved in these games, and I can promise that they would make you feel welcome if you join in the fun.

Drop your RPF staff a PM if you have questions.

Thank you to Trieste for the input. :)

Ananta Chetan, jcgoble3, Vehn and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.