main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Let the Dueling begin

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by WookieeJedi, Sep 4, 2012.

1. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Well now that the weather is warming up...we can duel outside (when mother nature co operates) until we finally do have a new dueling den

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  2. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
  3. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Yes! When did you want to start? Bassett park?

4. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    You mean, Dagobah? When are you guys looking to start?

5. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    Indoor facility is still in the works. Should have a final answer this week. And it is looking like only Saturday avail abilities.

6. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2012
    Saturdays might be a better time for me to make as well if we go that rout

7. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Until we get details about indoors, outdoors looks good for this Wednesday at Bassett Park. I'll be there by 5:45 or so to work with JXJ on fight choreography for his short film. But anyone interested in lightsaber training is welcome to join us! And feel free to share your thoughts on what JXJ and I work out. Per last year, come with running shoes as cardio (taking a short run) is a part of training. ;)

8. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    OK i will try to make it

9. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    I should be able to make this!

10. SenseiWill

SenseiWill Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2014
    I am unable to make it tonight due to a prior commitment, but it sounds like this is a more informal practice so hopefully I won't be too far behind on anything!

11. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Not sure how you got that impression. It is not at all mandatory but this is a formal practice session in that there will be a warm-up (including a short, light run) and then instruction on the basics of lightsaber dueling (as some of the more active duelists, primarily Jon Duffie, Steve Lukasik, and myself have developed over the years). After that formal portion we then break up into dueling pairs and work on dueling skills as well as choreography whether it be for Bisons Star Wars Night or other events. Sorry you couldn't make it tonight. Maybe next time.

SenseiWill likes this.
  12. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Good turn out yesterday! Eight people started work on their choreography. We will continue to meet for both formal and informal training at Bassett Park on Wednesdays at 5:45 PM (weather permitting) as well as Saturdays at an indoor facility at least a couple of times in May (hopefully more details will be made available soon on this location).

13. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Just seeing if anyone plans to do some dueling tonight at basset park wed may 6th. Haven't heard much except that sensei said he can't due to working late today

14. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Weather looks perfect for dueling practice tomorrow, 5:45, at Bassett Park; I hope club members planning on performing on the field on July 18 can make it.

For myself, I won't be able to make it there again until June and have made other arrangements to practice until then.

"I'm not a very good Jedi, am I?" - Quinlan Vos

15. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    driving to basset park was a bit rougher on my car than i thought it would be. Unlike just the appearance of the Millennium Falcon my car is a "piece of junk" in a manner of speaking and im trying to keep this bucket of bolts together as long as possible. ive made arrangements to practice my duel with amanda and cj at my house.

16. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Sounds good! The practice myself and Steven have been arranging is meant to be a support to fellow club members; definitely not meant to act as anything else. Have fun training and let us know if we can help in any other way!

"I'm not a very good Jedi, am I?" - Quinlan Vos

17. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    FYI: Per our Director, Rehearsal at the Terminal for THIS SATURDAY, May 23, is CANCELLED.

18. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Weather is beautiful today although a bit chilly. More important, Larry promises to be in attendance! So, this will be your first chance to get access to his vision for the field choreography we will be using for this year's SWN! 5:45 PM today at Bassett Park!

Enjoy and I'll see you back at Bassett on June 3rd, weather permitting. ;)

19. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    I know this is long delayed but are there any sith still in need of a partner? I've been invested with work a lot and now that it's slowing down I need to focus more on swn. So does everyone have a partner or no? :)

20. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    The field performance asks for more Jedi than Sith. So there are certainly Sith who could use a second Jedi

21. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Do we have a roster as to who is fighting as a Sith/Jedi and who the partners are?

I'd suggest exchanging phone numbers and emails with your partner if you haven't already. Communicate when you are available and make any arrangements to practice if needed.

GrandAdmDraco likes this.
  22. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    People could post that here. But there is no existing list that I have possession

23. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    I did post a list a few weeks back on different thread and will post an updated one here later today since a few changes

24. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    It's a beautiful day to rehearse your duel! Hope to see you there and don't forget to bring your running shoes!

25. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Please let us know when dueling practices will reconvene. I'm a bit rusty having been out for the year!