main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lets chat about Ewan McGregor (fans only)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by OBI_JEDI, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    roguegirl if my dream came true I would be in heaven. But I would like to know what happened to my parents.

Anakinslave. You had a WHAT dream about ewan. You lucky little devil.

Was it good. oops did I just say that.

*walks out of thread laughing and bright red.*

2. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    probably your parents were on vacation from your dream.the focus was on Ewan,remember?

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    hehe..I wish I could dream about Ewan to. [face_mischief]

4. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Hmmmm.... I don't remember dreaming about Ewan, but Obi makes constant appearances, he's in plenty of my dreams, even if the dreams are a bit odd and don't make much sense most of the time.

And yes, I saw BHD on Friday and it ROCKS! Ewan was his usual wonderful self, and the rest of the movie was actually pretty good, although a bit bloody in parts. I give Ewan's performance an 11 out of 10 and the movie about 8.5 out of 10. Definately a must-see.

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

5. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    war movies are more often than not bloody.BHD is just about to show here.I saw a banner up on one of our malls here.

6. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Hey there, fellow Ewan obsessive people!

Ewan's movies that I have seen:

Moulin Rouge (One of my all time favorite movies)
    TPM (Duh)
    Nightwatch
    Eye of the Beholder (I got confused :confused:)

And I think that's it. My dad agreed to take me to see BHD, so I can't wait! :D

KG :cool:

7. LittleJedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Hey everyone here who loves Ewan/Obi (which should be everyone in this thread)!

OBI_JEDI and I have a community for Ewan/Obi fans. Come and join! You can display pictures or see ones that other peoples have put there. You can post at the boards. You can add and check important dates and chat with other fans. Basically, it's a place for fellow fans to hang out.

Come and join us at: http://communities.ninemsn.com.au/TheRealmofObiWanKenobi

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

8. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    I'll check out that website.Do they have pictures of his famous Uncle Wedge? I have a picture of Ewan hugging Denis.They're really close knit.Let me know if you want a copy,PM me your email address so I can send one.

9. BobaKoon

BobaKoon Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 2, 2001
    Well, Obi_Jedi and LittleJedi, you're site looks very cool. Maybe you could add Ewan's birthday onto the 31st as well. Time zones screw everything up ;) .

10. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    Isn't Ewan just the greatist.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

11. Darth_Em

Darth_Em Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Gals (and guys if so inclined), if you like our Ewan in eyeliner don't forget to cast your vote for Ewan in the Hello Magazine (UK) most attractive man of the month poll. It's a bit of fun and, while I'm sure Ewan would rather be thought of as a respected and successful actor rather than a tabloid magazine hunk, it all goes to show there's a lot of interest in him.

You can vote once every 5 minutes and Ewan's main rival is Darius Danesh, a British Pop Idol contestant, who has a committed following in Britain but is mostly unheard of outside of the UK. So far, Ewan is surging ahead as the British gals go to sleep and Ewan's international fans keep voting but that all changes when
    Britain wakes up again.

Remember, it's meant to be fun! :D

12. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    *walks in laughing her head off*

Ewan is winning that poll by like 100 and something votes.

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    If you thought Eye of the Beholder the film was confusing, you should try reading the book. I had the bright idea that it would help me understand the film better, but it only gave me more questions.

I think the book only sold itself on me because a real sweet pic of Ewan was on the cover. ;) They just don't play fair sometimes, those evil book people! ;) :D

Sara :)

14. LittleJedi

Jun 4, 2001
    I'm glad some of you have joined our community! And as for the rest of you, you're the ones missing out! LOL ;)

I voted for Ewan at the Hello thing the other day, and I think he was coming second... but that might have changed since then. I should go vote again..... [face_devil]

Later,

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

15. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    I'll be there soon. I don't have the website address with me at this time.

16. JediBeowulf

JediBeowulf Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2001
    I'm a guy, and I didn't think too much about Mr. McGregor until I saw Moulin Rouge a couple of weeks ago. My sister was always fawning over Ewan and telling me I should watch Moulin Rouge. So reluctantly I aggreed (I don't really like "musicals").

But wow, was I impressed! It was a great movie, with a great performance by Ewan (and Nicole Kidman). After seeing that movie, I came to realize that Ewan is a great actor and a good singer too! I have a newfound respect for him, and after watching a few of the movies that he has been in, I rank him amongst the top of my favorite actors (his scene with Satine when she's dying is probably one of the best death scenes I have ever seen). Anyways, I went back and watched TPM today, and saw Ewan in a new light! However, I hope he is showcased more in AOTC, BUT I hope he doesn't start singing or something. Somehow, that wouldn't be fitting for a Star Wars movie. :D

Anyways...you gals are talking about someone who is hot? I'll tell you who's hot --> Natilie Portman! She's a Fox, AND she has brains! ;)

17. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    GL says that Ewan will have a bigger part in AOTC.And Mace Windu will spend quality time with Yoda[Samuel L. Jackson's exact words].

Padme looks more beautiful sans the Royal Make-up.

Get ready for the SW-bashers-cum-critics.

18. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    There is a poll on the OS including our man Obi. But he isn't winning! We must do something quickly!

Vote now!

19. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey JediBeowulf. Always nice to see guys that like Ewan.

rougegirl here is a link for you The Realm of Obi-Wan Kenobi

Hehehehe I'm a member and it's a great place for Obi/Ewan fans.

20. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    .au? Are you Australian? I'll have to write that down.It's quite long.

21. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    Sorry the link didn't work properly. I'll try again.

The Realm of Obi-Wan Kenobi

Hope everyone can come and join. It's the best place for obi/ewam fans.

22. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    whoops. Hit the post button twice.

23. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey where are all the Ewan fans??

24. selina

selina Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 22, 2001
    Soz everyone I was away,but gladly to say that I am back now :)

25. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    If any of you missed seeing the official Moulin Rouge wallpapers I have one of Ewan on my site on the front page if you want to take a look at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.