main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Let's get it on!: The Mixed Martial Arts Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by ClarkWayne, Nov 16, 2006.

1. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    I feel so bad for Oliveira. Creates some interesting shake up at 155 if he was to win tomorrow.

Geez… really sad about this situation for the him and Justin.

Glitterstimm and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    This gonna be a good card I think

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    dear lord, that knockout from chandler

4. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    For a second, thought he killed him[face_nail_biting]

Man, I love DC, what a dude, what a talent

Last edited: May 7, 2022
  5. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Wow, very disappointing rematch between Esparza and Namajunas. Both were deeply under served by their corners, there needed to be a will to win with so much on line.

6. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Thug Rose didn’t beat Zhang the 2nd time, so this is poetic boring Justice.

I never bought her hype train and with a piss poor performance like this, I’m going to say I was right. How are you the champ and go out and perform like this? Good. Riddance.

7. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    OLIVEIRA IS THE BEST LIGHTWEIGHT IN THE WORLD.

THIS GUY IS UNBELIEVABLE… UNBELIEVABLE.

Just… WOW.

WOWWWWW

8. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    I’ve been a Rose fan for awhile because I’ve respected her will to win, it was always there in the past, but wasn’t tonight. She’s talked about her psychological battles with the game, maybe that’s what it was tonight, but either way her camp did not prepare her, and she didn’t have what it took.

Olivera, wow. Spectacular defense and proved any doubters dead to rights. Hopefully Khabib come back soon, I’d like to see that.

The Jedi in the Pumas likes this.
  9. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Khabib is done. He’s one of my favorite fighters of all time and I believe he’s one of the GOATs, but he’s left the sport and seems 100% at peace with that and I love that for him.

Oliveira has beaten Chandler, Poirier, and Gaethje… so badly that the first two are actively seeking fights outside the division. This is his world right now.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  10. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    On the one hand, Khabib does appear content and happy, on the other, is there any precedent for such a dominant athlete to retire so young? I’he got a fan’s bias, but I think he’s just bidding his time. UFC are the worst people in the world to negotiate a fight contract with, and I believe he’s playing them as best he can.

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  12. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    I think simply saying “he missed weight” given that the scale was noted to be .5 off is… debatable. One thing that isn’t though is his absolute exceptional and virtuoso performance last night. Justin did everything he could to keep from getting on the ground with Oliveira. Every time he knocked oliveira down, which was I think 2-3 times, he would back up and let the ref help Charles up because he KNEW how dangerous it could be. Then in a strange twist of fate, Oliveira knocks him down and immediately went to work looking for a submission.

Amazing.

And DC going to the hall of fame is the best thing to happen for the sport this year, period. He’s the best ambassador ever for the sport and was an exceptional champion and double champion. Congrats to him!!

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    UFC 275 is tomorrow night.

14. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Someone say a prayer for Glover tonight. Jiri is coming to get what he deserves.

(That being said… someone made a comment that LHW is a snoozefest of a division…. Which…. I couldn’t outright deny)

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    ZHANG WEILI, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!

Let’s go!

Sad to see Jo go out so brutally, but happy retirement to the great! She deserves it and she’s given a lot to this sport.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  16. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Valentina vs Santos, dramatic fight, Santos starts off manhandling Valentina, brutal big sistering her all over the mat. Then at the beginning of R4, Santos takes one or two nasty shots, transforming her face like a botched cosmetic procedure. Suddenly Valentina recognizes it might be better to treat this fight like a mugging. "Oh I see you're hurt, do have any friends here? No? Let me come take a look at that . . ." But Santos wasn't quitting, just a little bit blind, and tackles Valentina if she gets too close. Close fight but I give it to Valentina because when it's close, you gotta finish the champ to be the champ.

17. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Wow, Teixeira vs Prochazka is like a movie

18. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    This thing is wild. Big respect to Glover because Jiri is a complete animal.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  19. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    That might be the most exciting light heavyweight fight I’ve seen since Jones/Gustafson pt 1

Jiri fights like a druid on mushrooms

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  20. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    JIRI PROCHAZKA IS THE NEW CHAMPION

I TOLD EVERYONE THAT THIS MAN WAS ON A MISSION FROM THE GODS!!!

Big shout out and all the respect in the world to Glover because I was expecting a complete massacre. Instead he and Jiri gave us a classic fight. This entire fight card was a gem.

BUT THE REIGN HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN. This man is special. I’ve said it for a long long time. And I want Jamahal Hill to keep climbing the ranks. We need these two to meet

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Tell Thug Rose that.

[​IMG]

I also hate that sentiment. No, you just have to beat the champ. There’s no “you have to take the belt from them in amazing fashion”. Show up, win the rounds, and see what happens. That being said…. Santos won on my scorecard, but I’m not mad about the decision EXCEPT that one judge scored it 49-46, which is an understandable score if you’re wasted with your eyes closed.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  22. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    I haven't been paying attention to UFC for awhile, and not the L-HW division at all. Is Jiri going to be a break out star? That used to be the premier division of mma, but kind of went into a weird hibernation when Jones was the hunter shooting every single bear foolish enough to wake up. I have to wonder if old Bones will smell blood again . . . We know Dana will always welcome him back to the park, no questions asked

[​IMG]

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Glitterstimm likes this.
  24. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    This fight night has been the best fight night ever.

8 KOs, which ties the record, and the other fights were no snooze.

Just amazing. Also happy for Kevin Holland for getting a submission win. He looked great, still hella unorthodox but he looked great and got the win.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Happy Birthday to Thug Rose, who turns 30 today!

Glitterstimm likes this.