main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Let's get it on!: The Mixed Martial Arts Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by ClarkWayne, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ^ playing the 10-hour ea access trial for ufc 4 on ps4 atm, and really enjoying it. ufc 3 was a huge step up over 2, and 4 feels more like a polish before the next-gen one. but that's not a bad thing. striking is better, submissions are less complex - some of the ground transition inputs are still wonky.

haven't gotten into the career mode, but apparently it's much better than previous versions.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I have no ground game...

LloydChristmas and heels1785 like this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    lol me either. stand and swing, that's how we'll settle it.

LloydChristmas and Luke02 like this.
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I have no above-ground game either.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Note on that eyepoke: Apparently DC's suffered a torn cornea from that poke and more or less fought the last two rounds with no vision in his left eye. He apparently won't need surgery right away, but the doctors are monitoring it.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Looks like Jon Jones has decided to vacate the LHW title.

heels1785 likes this.
  7. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Well they owe you commission @heels1785, I'm buying.

Also helps I got to play as Ronda in the trial.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    And Rumble Johnson wants to take advantage of it:

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah...I almost tweeted yesterday that it was a bit of too perfect timing that Johnson wants to come back at LHW, just as Jones decides to leave the division/possibly move up to HW.

Luke02 likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Memkov is a Fedor protege BTW (and Fedor is in the US)

11. Kiki Jinn

Kiki Jinn Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2020
    Dang, his eye didn’t look great in the fight but I thought it was just a typical shiner/swelling.

12. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah he def had it pounded and swelling shut before the poke, that must've exacerbated it

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Kiki Jinn

Kiki Jinn Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2020
    Man, that head kick caught Bader on the back of the neck because of the way his head was turned. Don’t see that very often and it’s amazing it wasn’t lights out right then and there.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

it happens with wwe, it happens with ufc. i allow myself to enjoy the product for a period of time, and then i am reminded that the people being financially supported by similar fans are ****ing pieces of ****. i doubt it's any different with roger goodell, etc., although they're smart enough not to show it.

fact of life, i suppose.

16. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Not a shock whatsoever, but sigh.

Bless up to Adam Silver in that regard though.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Anderson Silva seems to be hinting that his fight with Uriah Hall may well be a retirement match.

18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Anderson Silva @Juliet316 is most likely my favorite UFC fighter of all times. This needs to be his last fight though. He has one win and one NC over the past seven years though Anderson did turn back the clock and give IMHO a great performance against Israel Adesanya last year. And it's a shame that his English did not come around really until the past few years (though he is been working on it for years) as I truly think he could been a star for endorsements and stuff here, not just in Brazil.

When it comes to @heels1785 Trump and White, I understand Dana's loyalty. He is correct. Trump really help push MMA/UFC at a time when many people still saw it as human cockfighting. But I am not sure he has to be so over the top it but obviously that is his personality.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    IIRC he was the only one to offer any sort of humanization of Trump at the 2016 convention (yes, I caught his speech back then - morbid curiosity). The rest of the convention was 'Lock Hilary up!' and 'But her emails!'

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Luke02 likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Hearing DC talk made me want to shed a tear especially when he talked about "Father Time" catching up to him since he and I are one year apart. I graduated high school in 1996, he was the class of 1997. "Father Time" has come for us indeed. Look out Tom Brady LOL!

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Oh good grief. Brock's without a WWE contract, so naturally the Bones/Brock talks have started up again *aggravated sigh*

On the flip side, some class:

There is a part of me who wishes he'd done that, but I definitely get why he didn't. Like I said, class.

Luke02 likes this.
  23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    There was probably the advantage, of first being the only game in town before they shut down for a time, and then coming back first and virtually being the only game in town for awhile.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    Luke02 likes this.
  25. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I do think that is part of it but also I do think people have over the past several months found other interests therefore do not have the same amount of time to invest in watching sports as they did before therefore a sport like UFC which is really only once a week compared to the NBA, NHL, MLB etc which is on several times a week. As my buddy puts it, I have enough time to watch a sport a few hours a week but I do not have enough time to watch a few hours a day.