main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's play... Mafia! - I got your hitman right here!

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Mr. P, May 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Welcome to the newest JCC game, "Mafia"! I am glad you wish to play. It is a party game which I learned just the other day, and it is a ton, ton, ton of fun. I have adjusted it just a bit to work on the JCC, so the rules are a tiny bit different if you know this game already. Let me run through the rules to explain how I will run this:

1. This game is restricted to eighteen people. I will open the floor to contestants when the last game ends, and the first fifteen people to post in the thread saying that they want in, are in. Afterwards, anyone who wants in has to wait until the next game.

2. The way it works is that of the fifteen people (or less if there are not a lot of people who are playing that round) who are playing, I will PM three members, alerting them that they are members of the Mafia. I will PM one other member alerting them that they are the Informant.

3. The object of the game is for the citizens (ie, everyone who isn't a mafia) to figure out who is in the mafia and kill them, metaphorically. It is role-playing. You can discuss all day in here about who you think is in the Mafia and who isn't.

4. The way it works is that the three Mafia members decide on one of the citizens to take out, and alert me (or whoever is running the game) as to who it is. I then announce who the Mafia has taken out in the thread, and that poster is now "dead". This means that the dead person is now not a part of the game, and can't post in the main game thread. They cannot accuse people of being in the Mafia (I explain this later) or vote on who to kill.

5. Once during a round (ie, when a person gets killed by the mafia is one round, when the next person gets killed, it's the next), the Informant can PM me and ask me if ONE person is in the Mafia or not. If that person is in the Mafia, I will tell them, otherwise, I will tell them they're not. At any time, the Informant can announce what they know to the other members of the group, though I please, please, please ask you not to go telling people who is in the Mafia through PMs because that ruins the game. The Informant can (or, should) only announce what they know in the thread. Then the Mafia will know who is the Informant, so usually they're only good for one shot.

6. After the Mafia kills someone, what happens is that citizens who are still alive can "accuse" other people of being in the Mafia. They then, after deciding on who to accuse (it can be more than one person), vote on who they think is in the Mafia, and whoever gets voted on the most gets killed, and announces if they were in the Mafia or not. I have got to say that you can only vote if you're in the game and you're alive.

7. If the Mafia kills you, you receive a 48-hour ban, and if the citizens kill you, you receive a 24-hour ban. You may come back to the boards with a sockpuppet (alias), but once your ban runs out, you may not reply to this thread until the game is over. Dead men tell no tales, and they don't post, either. If you do post after being "killed," your post will be removed.

Since there is no real one "winner" (really, everyone wins :D), there isn't really a prize. However, if you are the one to accuse a person of being in the Mafia and then that person is voted to be killed, and actually is in teh mafia, then you get a single point. More points == good. I suppose we could do something along those lines, but I don't know how we would handle that. In any case, it's a fun game! Who wants to play?

--Mr. P :cool:

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I'm in.

3. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    Cool. For the first round, at least, I'm the administrator fo the game.

4. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
  5. Zap Brannigan

Zap Brannigan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 17, 2000
    Sure, I'll play. (Misunderstood the rules, that's why I PM'd you)

6. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
  7. That_Flashing

That_Flashing Jedi Master star 5

Aug 22, 2000
    Count me in!

8. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Oooh, pick me!

9. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Can the Mafia just put out a hit on the person running the game so he won't spill the beans to the informant? [face_mischief]

10. HateLeadsToSuffering

HateLeadsToSuffering Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    Is it possible for me to play this game?!? :D
    Just a yes or no answer will do thank you! :)

11. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I want to play. :D

12. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I guess I'll figure this out better as I go along...sign me up!

13. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    me! me!

edit: more points == good? someone's been programming a bit much, eh? n3rd!

14. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    can I still play?

15. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    Sure, you can all play! I don't think we've got 15 people yet, so people can still sign up for the first game! If you don't understand the rules, exactly... don't worry, I'll make sure to explain as we go along and hopefully you'll be able to understand them. They're (the rules) actually aren't that complicated, but I have a tendency to make things look more complicated when I explain them. :p

Anyway, here is the current list of the people playing this round:

Hama-Ryu Kinnebi
    sacul-1138
    Zap Brannigan
    JediWarrior
    That_Flashing
    Nabooty_Call
    HateLeadsToSuffering
    Jedi_master201
    B'omarr
    MaidenLumpé
    GrandAdmiralPellaeon

People who I am not sure wants to play, but seem interested:

Herman Snerd :p

Anyway, we've got 11 people (12 counting Herman) right now! Soon, I'll PM three different people and tell them that they're in the Mafia, and then we'll start off.

Also, another thing I forgot to mention above is that no socks are allowed. Only one username can be used. So, for example, JediWarrior and JediCourier cannot both play in the same round. :D

16. sharkdawg

sharkdawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    I'm too late for round 1.....right?

SHARKY

17. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Am I too late? If not, I'm in! (Now I'll go back and read the rules...)

18. Darth Predator

Darth Predator Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 1999
    Can I? (Or am I too late?)

19. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    *Begins packing up his collection of car bombs and waits for the games to begin.

20. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Mr. P, about how often or how long will each round be? I mean, once a day, once an hour, or what? If you want me and others to actually be around for all of them, it might be best not to do them really often.

21. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I've got three horse heads just waiting for a bedfellow.... :D

22. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    *Begins cleaning and sharpening up the meat grinders.

23. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    Hama-Ryu Kinnebi
    sacul-1138
    Zap Brannigan
    JediWarrior
    That_Flashing
    Nabooty_Call
    Jedi_master201
    B'omarr
    MaidenLumpé
    GrandAdmiralPellaeon
    SharkDawg
    Jjanda_Solo
    Darth Predator

We've got thirteen now. :D Rounds... I don't know. It depends on how fast the pace of teh game ends up. It depends on how fast the mafia decides who to take out. It depends on how fast people accuse, etc. I'm looking at the slowest of one round per day, and the length of the actual game depends on how fast the citizens catch the mafia. :p

--mr. P :cool:

24. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    Also, everyone, please keep this clean. I don't want to be forced to lock this. We can have a nice, clean, fun game, but only if you make it taht way. :p

25. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    Sooo no visting the Bada Bing then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.